NATION

PASSWORD

Star Trek: Shadow's Forge < Open | OoC >

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Mewsland
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 06, 2008
Ex-Nation

Star Trek: Shadow's Forge < Open | OoC >

Postby Mewsland » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:00 pm

We have an in-character thread.

"We have engaged the Borg."

The words no Starfleet captain ever wants to say, especially when in command of a testbed vessel. Captain Kateira Suddeth cursed her luck as the USS
Syl'Tara (NX-97841) turned to engage that most fearsome of enemies. The ship was designed to test new technologies for use against the Borg, so in that way it may have seemed fortuitous - but the 'Tara was still by no means a battle-ready ship. She'd been launched early out of drydock, and Captain Suddeth and her skeleton crew were still resolving many of the ship's teething issues, particularly related to its other experimental technology - the first stable quantum slipstream drive.

Less than an hour later, a small armada of Federation ships reached the reported position of the
Syl'Tara, only to find that the ship had disappeared completely without trace.

The date was 5 April 2424.

Nearly 2 years later, a string of attacks on Federation outposts and colonies along the outermost regions commences. By the time Starfleet forces could even get near to the site of a distress call, the attacking ship had disappeared, leaving its target in ruins. The pattern wasn't even like a Borg attack at all. After several weeks of searching and almost 25 attacks, Starfleet Intelligence finally managed to get an image of the attacker...

The
Syl'Tara hadn't just disappeared or been destroyed. The ship itself had been assimilated. Though it still bore the basic hallmarks of its original design, almost the entire hull had been overrun by Borg circuitry and devices. For whatever reason, the Borg were unable to just use the technologies of the ship - they needed the ship itself. What of the crew? The tactics used by the 'Tara were highly unusual for the Borg. Had they adapted? Or had they just usurped the crew in some unique way?

Whatever the case actually was, Starfleet needed to respond. The Admiralty formed Task Force Shadow's Forge from the best Starfleet captains and their ships on 15 May 2426. The mission? Find the 'Tara, retrieve it if possible, destroy it if necessary. How will you proceed? Will you try to lure the 'Tara into direct combat with your ship, or would you attempt to devise a plan to ambush the now-Borg ship?

Rules
0) All forum rules apply.
1) No godmodding. Enough said.
2) The Opening Poster (myself) bears the final word on any disputes.
2a) The Opening Poster has the ability to declare posts or portions of posts non-canon, and all non-canon events may be ignored.
3) Please try and keep some detail moving. In fast-paced scenes, some shorter posts may be acceptable, but please at least try to flesh out a few well-developed sentences.
4) All applications will be approved or rejected by the Opening Poster.
5) Co-Opening Posters (co-OPs) have all the powers of the Opening Poster except when overruled.
Current Co-OPs: none
6) The writer of a ship will play all of that ship's officers and crew.
7) Each poster is limited to applying one (1) ship and captain.
8) Please make an effort to maintain the continuity of the story.
9) If I (the Opening Poster) know you, leave a note of it instead of leaving an RP sample.
10) Have fun.

Code: Select all
[b]Character Name[/b]:
[b]Race and/or Species[/b]:
[b]Age[/b]:
[b]Gender[/b] (describe if unique):
[b]Appearance[/b] (picture if possible):
[b]Personality[/b]:
[b]Biography[/b] (2-4 paragraphs please):

[i]Command Details[/i]
[b]Current Command[/b]:
[b]Starship Class[/b]:
[b]Modifications, if any[/b]:
[b]History[/b] (1-2 paragraphs please):

[b]Additional details:[/b]
[b]RP sample[/b]:
Last edited by Mewsland on Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Ascendancy of Cártána
Any and all dates I use in MT and PMT RPs on the Diplomacy forums are on the Cártányne calendar. See this factbook for details.
I return at long last to P2TM: At the Gates of Elysium, the first part of a new planned series titled The Elysium Variations developed in collaboration with Zarkenis Ultima & Sovreignry, is open now!

Mewsland
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mewsland » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:00 pm

CHARACTERS

KATEIRA SUDDETH

Full Name: Kateira Ariska Suddeth
Species: Hyskari
Homeworld: Hyskara
Birthplace: near Syl'Tara, Hyskara
Birthdate: 23 August 2374

Assignment
Vessel: USS Syl'Tara (NX-97841)
Class: Perception (modified)
Mission: Experimental testbed
Position: Commanding officer

Previous Assignment
Position: Superintendent
Assignment held: 2421-2423
Very few of her contemporaries would have recognized Kateira Suddeth as the material of a great captain. Fewer still would have even admitted the possibility after hearing her background. Born on a non-Federation world, the future Captain Suddeth began her life as a spiritual "teacher" for her homeworld from the age of twelve in 2386. After First Contact with the Federation in 2388, her studies turned in some part to linguistics, and Suddeth developed the first workable translations between her native Hyskari and Federation English.

At the end of 2400, Hyskara was decimated in an attack by the Borg, among other worlds at the fringes of the Beta Quadrant so attacked, leaving perhaps two million survivors out of a population well over 400 million. Suddeth's own family was killed or assimilated, and Suddeth herself was nearly assimilated by the Borg until rescued by Captain George Carmichael of the USS Sarasota (NCC-85102). The damage caused by her brush with assimilation left her partially blind in her right eye, with a scar running from her eye and down her face as well. Nevertheless, Suddeth was able to successfully apply to Starfleet Academy upon being taken to Earth, with almost no life left for her on her home planet.

Suddeth's career in Starfleet began with a meteoric rise, bringing her out of the Academy by mid-2403 and onto the USS Repulse (NCC-2544-A) as junior science officer, and later chief science officer by 2407. She transitioned to the USS Republic (NCC-1371-B) in 2410, there acting as both its second officer and science officer. An unexpected shift in career came for then-Lieutenant Commander Suddeth in 2415, as she transferred to Starfleet Academy to serve as an instructor in linguistics, beginning her second rise in stature within the fleet. In 2418, she was named assistant superintendent, and then became the first Superintendent to hold only the rank of captain when she was promoted and named superintendent in 2421. She served in this capacity for only two years before her old ghosts, the Borg, returned once again in force in early 2423.

With her diverse background, Captain Suddeth was named to head a project to testbed a series of anti-Borg technologies, among various other improvements, such as quantum slipstream drive and various scientific enhancements. An under-construction Perception-class spaceframe, contract number 97841, was heavily modified and commissioned as NX-97841 later that same year. At Captain Suddeth's own request, the vessel was named USS Syl'Tara, after the main city of her homeworld - and after her home.

Assuming command of Syl'Tara in November 2423, Captain Suddeth began putting the ship through her paces to great success in early trials through the remainder of 2423 and into 2424. The ship's fitting out dragged onward, however, perhaps due to the overly-rigorous testing schedule Starfleet expected out of Captain Suddeth and her new ship. The resultant damage to the Syl'Tara's fighting capabilities became painfully evident when, undermanned and still not entirely complete, the ship was rushed out of drydock to stop an attack on Rigel on 5 April 2424 only to disappear without trace after reinforcements arrived.

With the reappearance of the heavily-modified Syl'Tara, apparently under Borg control, speculation as to the fate of Captain Suddeth continued. Those who knew her noted that she would much rather die than be subjected to assimilation, though others wonder if she had the chance to follow through on her statements to that effect...
Last edited by Mewsland on Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Any and all dates I use in MT and PMT RPs on the Diplomacy forums are on the Cártányne calendar. See this factbook for details.
I return at long last to P2TM: At the Gates of Elysium, the first part of a new planned series titled The Elysium Variations developed in collaboration with Zarkenis Ultima & Sovreignry, is open now!

Hashkin
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 16, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Hashkin » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:08 pm

Tag

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi wrote:Why would would India need an aircraft carrier? India is an aircraft carrier.
economic left/right 0.88
social libertarian/authoritarian -1.74
DEFCON:
1 - Nuclear War
2 - Major/World War
3 - Hashkinian Forces Deployed
4 - Tension Risen <--
5 - Peacetime

CHNN Minute-by-Minute Report

Geologist team and Sec. Foreign Affairs Michael Dewey, who were sent to Greater Goverwal, are reported missing. Searches are being conducted.

Chancellor Bakker landmark bill facing backlash from Egaltarian Party. "It's a travesty, this bill will hurt thousands"- House Majortity Leader Finn Randall.

I side with results

Mewsland
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mewsland » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:19 pm

Wow, only one tag? Bump?

Brusia
Senator

Founded: May 22, 2007
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Brusia » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:54 pm

Tag, would a Romulan Republic Captain be alright or is it Federation only?

Mewsland
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mewsland » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:00 pm

Given the circumstances, Rom Rep captains would be plenty welcome.

Sovreignry
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 14, 2011
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Sovreignry » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:08 am

Character Name: Vice Admiral Reginald Carmichael
Race and/or Species: Human
Gender (describe if unique): Male
Appearance (picture if possible): https://imgur.com/a/9aWNm
Personality: A bit brash, decisive, determined to succeed and live up to his father's legacy.
Biography (2-4 paragraphs please): Early on in his career Reginald was getting set up to become a competent, if a bit unknown captain in Starfleet. The bread and butter of the fleet that weren't running around being James T. Kirk or Jean-Luc Picard, but that all changed when his father sacrificed himself above the atmosphere of Heskara in 2400. After the incident he threw himself into his work. Suddenly not just the "lieutenant that's going to make a competent captain someday" he became one of the better officers in Starfleet. Rising quickly through the ranks he was eventually posted as the captain of a Defiant class vessel to be at the forefront of the defense against the Borg.

However, with the disappearance and seeming reappearance of the Syl'Tara he was raised to Flag Officer status as one of the most well known fighters against the Borg. Transferring his flag to the U.S.S. Falcon, a highly advanced Prometheus Class he has taken command of Task Force Shadow's Forge and is leading the fight once again against the Borg Menace. Does he feel conflicted about potentially going up against Kateira Suddeth, someone that taught him at Starfleet Academy and was involved in his father's ultimate sacrifice? If you ask him he says no, that if they can save her more's the better, but his job is to defeat the Borg, and that is what he is going to do.

Command Details
Current Command: U.S.S. Falcon
Starship Class: Prometheus
Modifications, if any: Refits to keep the technology current.
History (1-2 paragraphs please): The U.S.S. Falcon, while not as advanced as the Syl'Tara is still one of the more highly advanced ships in Starfleet. Kept up to date with a few refits since it was launched in the 2370s, not much was needed since the Prometheus class was the cutting edge of Federation research. The Falcon has seen combat with the Borg as part of Captain Carmichael's initial task group against the Borg. When Admiral Carmichael was made a flag officer he needed something with more organizational oomph than the Defiant class so he transferred his flag to the Falcon.

Now, the Falcon is the tip of Admiral Carmichael's spear against the new Borg threat and he will need every bit of its technology in order to win.

Additional details:
RP sample: You better know me. :P
Last edited by Sovreignry on Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
From the desk of
William Chocox Ambassador from The Unitary Kingdom of Sovreignry
Office 50, fifth floor, farthest from the elevator
You're supposed to be employing the arts of diplomacy, not the ruddy great thumping sledgehammers of diplomacy. -Ardchoille
It would be easier just to incorporate a "Grief Region" button, so you wouldn't even need to make the effort to do the actual raiding. Players could just bounce from region to region and destroy everyone else's efforts at will, without even bothering about WA status. Wouldn't that be nice. -Frisbeeteria

Why yes, we are better looking: UDL

Mewsland
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mewsland » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:48 am

Sov: Last I checked, I know who you are. Like the app, but the picture there's a little hard to see. Accepted, but could you get a clearer pic?

Treskovia
Envoy

Founded: Aug 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Treskovia » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:31 pm

NOTE: Although this post contains content from the Star Trek Online Wiki, I do NOT play that game, although I managed to make it to that first fight with the Borg cube, but real life has forced me to uninstall it.
I also hope new species are acceptable. If not, tell me so I will change it.

Character Name: Leven Nimrala
Race and/or Species: Panuri
Appearance: https://stellaris.paradoxwikis.com/Spec ... oid_03.png
Personality: curious, eager to learn, loves getting to the bottom of things
Biography:
A standard Panuri household is as follows: extreme isolationism from anyone who isn't in your immediate family and a strict patriarchy where the males did with the females as they pleased. Leven never experienced such a childhood, for her planet was united under a global government by anti-religious egalitarians who wished to eradicate the barbaric ways of the Grand Church. Due to such circumstances, Leven lived a much freer childhood. She was just five when her planet, Kha'Zann, joined the United Federation of Planets.

During her time at Starfleet Academy, she was found to excel in a broad range of sciences, most notably particle physics, first contact protocols and applied sciences. She was praised by many professors, became class valedictorian, and was even applauded by Rear Admiral Teran. Upon completion of her training, she was assigned to the USS America, the Divinity's sister ship, but an engagement with Borg attackers at Deep Space 4 saw Rear Admiral Teran killed, and what remained of the America's crew was transported to Teran's ship, the Divinity. As the highest-ranking officer on-board, she took command of the vessel and managed to drive the Borg from the station. She was awarded the Star Cross for her actions during the engagement, and was allowed to keep the ship, seeing as the America was completely obliterated.

Command Details
Current Command: USS Divinity
Starship Class: Tempest
Modifications, if any: Nadion Saturation Bomb
History:
First commisioned in 2409, the Miranda-class Divinity(NCC-80000-A) was responsible for the prevention of the Borg assimilation of the Vega colony with the aid of the Renown, Khitomer, Defiant, and Armitage. After that, it lead an unremarkable career of exploration and charting stars. That all changed, however, when the Borg began attacking the frontier. During those raids, the Divinity experienced two total destructions, with the current Divinity being the third of its name. It only ever had just one captain, Teran, whose actions during the Borg raids made him Rear Admiral. It wasn't until early 2424, during one of the Borg raids, that Rear Admiral Teran was finally killed, and Captain Leven Nimrala of the USS America(destroyed) took command. Now, with the latest technologies installed and a few modifications aquired by Leven, the Divinity is ready for its first assignment in three years: locating the Syl'Tara.

Additional details: None whatsoever.
RP sample: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=393694
Last edited by Treskovia on Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
National Anthem

Tier 8, Level 0, 1 or 3(depends on species), Type 7 civilization acording to this.

Songs to associate with me:
Anthem of the Xenophile Association, a group of people who love aliens
Anthem of the Patriot's League

Mewsland
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mewsland » Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:35 pm

Dingle-damn it. I should have put this in the OP rules.

Canon ship designs, 25th century Federation/Romulan ships from Star Trek Online (none of the temporal designs or alternate realities), and designs from the Journal of Applied Treknology are acceptable designs. So too are custom species (otherwise Suddeth herself wouldn't work).

On that note, Treskovia, accept.

Edited to also act as bump.

Mewsland
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mewsland » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:48 pm

*can has megabump?*

Arvenia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 21, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Arvenia » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:06 am

Tag
Pro: Political Pluralism, Centrism, Liberalism, Liberal Democracy, Social Democracy, Sweden, USA, UN, ROC, Japan, South Korea, Monarchism, Republicanism, Sci-Fi, Animal Rights, Gender Equality, Mecha, Autism, Environmentalism, Secularism, Religion and LGBT Rights
Anti: Racism, Sexism, Nazism, Fascism, EU, Socialism, Adolf Hitler, Neo-Nazism, KKK, Joseph Stalin, PRC, North Korea, Russia, Iran, Saudi-Arabia, Communism, Ultraconservatism, Ultranationalism, Xenophobia, Homophobia, Transphobia, WBC, Satanism, Mormonism, Anarchy, ISIS, al-Qaeda, Recep Tayyip Erdogan, 969 Movement, Political Correctness, Anti-Autistic Sentiment, Far-Right, Far-Left, Cultural Relativism, Anti-Vaxxers, Scalpers and COVID-19

Mewsland
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mewsland » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:29 pm

More tags than apps O.o

Bredtonia
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Bredtonia » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:07 am

Character Name: Captain Circe Sah
Race and/or Species:Orion
Gender Female
Appearance (Outdated ID Picture) Circe Sah is a slender, relatively unassuming woman, marked with the deep green skin that distinguishes her people. She projects a quiet but powerful confidence that gives the firm impression she’s in control of the situation, whatever it may be.

Personality: Circe is a very driven individual with a bit of an Alpha personality that puts her right at home when in command, but is something she has to consciously check when dealing with her superiors. In professional situations, she is quiet almost to the point of being reserved and tends to speak with only a few, well thought out words. In social encounters, however, she displays an easy charm, laced with a sharp wit that occasionally cuts deeper then she intends.

Biography: Circe’s traces her family back to colonists who claimed asylum with the Federation in the immediate wake of the Klingon invasion of their homeworld. Mostly tradesmen and artists, they and their decedents had little further interaction with Starfleet until Circe’s mother took a bartender position on one of the Federation's Deep Space station, taking her four-year-old girl with her. Circe fell in love with space, and the ships that sailed in it, almost instantly. In a moment, she knew she could never be planet-bound again.

In her early teenage years, her love of space had focused itself into an almost obsessive dedication to lining herself up for application to Starfleet. Growing up turned out to be a great aid in that endeavor, letting her link into classes and programs designed for the families of multi-generational duty officers. She applied to Starfleet Academy as soon as she could meet the minimum requirements, begging the station commander for a letter of recommendation to better her chances. She was accepted and started the officer program a few months later.

She graduated with a degree in Astronomy, a minor in History, and a posting as a navigator on the U.S.S. Apollo, a deep space science ship. She exacted her duty faithfully, as well as the duty of First Officer that she inherited after the captain died from a mysterious disease contracted during an early away mission. At the conclusion of the tour, the new captain of the Apollo recommended her for her own command and Starfleet agreed, offering her the first of a newly updated line of Miranda-class starships.

Now Captain Sah, Circe has spent the last year taking the brand new ship through a series of shakedown cruises before starting the routine courier runs and survey patrols that every fresh Starfleet captain is familiar with. By coincidence or fate, she and the Osiris were on station at the mustering point when Shadow's Forge task force was assembled, and the Admiralty assigned her to fill out the fleet roster. Although nervous to be taking on such a critical mission alongside such exceptional commanders, Circe is cautiously excited - an operation like this could catapult her and her ship onto Starfleet’s A-list.

Command Details
Current Command: U.S.S Osiris
Starship Class: Miranda-class (picture)
Modifications, if any: Port and Polish - While not modified or carrying any particularly exotic equipment, the Osiris is a freshly constructed, truly modern vessel and has been simply flying between Federation stations, keeping her fully stocked and more finely tuned then the average ship in Starfleet.

History: The Osiris is the first ship of a new redesigned Miranda-class, intended to bring the two-century-old workhorse up to modern standards and capabilities. Designed without any unique or testbed technologies, the development and skunk-work production went remarkably smoothly. A short twenty-six weeks after her keel was laid, Captain Sah took command and set sail on their maiden voyage.

The shake-down cruise, however, was hearth quick nor direct - mostly because the Admiralty waited for easy opportunities to complete some of the more completed portions, assigning her to routine tasks during the downtime. After nearly a year of service, Osiris was finally certified as fully operational after being able to test her tactical systems during a joint Borg defense exercise with the Romulan Empire. Now officially on duty, she went back to the standard cargo, passenger and space scanning duties she’d had before.

Additional details: None.

RP sample:
(sample 1)
(Sample 2)
"[F]or those in the know there is a slick and highly efficient black market in Tourism."

Off Board RPG: USCM RPG

Mewsland
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mewsland » Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:07 pm

Accept.

Riysa
Senator

Founded: Jan 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Riysa » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:34 pm

WIP. I'm plopping down a heavily modified STO ship for now, with links to STO for the modifications if their equivalent exists in-game. Please let me know if I need to change anything.

Character Name: Commodore Oscar Holt [Seriously, Star Trek, make up your mind what a one-star rank is called...]
Gender (describe if unique): Male
Appearance (picture if possible): You'll have to forgive the low quality of this picture, I've been unable to log back into my STO account in ages.
[img]https://i.imgur.com/wFuCMHl.png[/img

Personality: A cool, calculating hard charger, Holt's been described as "by-the-book" by his friends, and a "hardass" by those that don't think very kindly of him. Both are correct to some extent.
Biography (2-4 paragraphs please):

Oscar is very much a product of the late 24th and early 25th centuries, a pragmatic, militarized Starfleet captain at odds to the idealistic, pacifistic image produced during the era of Picard and the Enterprise-D. A former MACO, he served a tour of duty in the Federation-Klingon War, demonstrating a decent ability to operate and think independently, and an affinity for combat - both in line with the organization's doctrine as a commando force. As the reformed MACO forces operate under Starfleet, and in light of his noteworthy performance, he was given the option to attend Starfleet Academy once his tour was over. Studying as a tactical officer, he graduated with high marks, and joined the crew of the USS Luna, an Akira-class vessel.

Unfortunately, the qualities that make a good officer onboard a Starfleet vessel were significantly different than those that made a good MACO commando. Being independent and strong willed was now perceived as insubordination and "failure to obey orders" - which wasn't entirely without merit. This delayed his career progression significantly, and even threatened to have it completely ended, despite having good tactical sense and motivation. In the end, he and the ship's captain never managed to get along, and it all came down to whether he'd be able to transfer or whether his captain was no longer feeling generous in their dispute.

Thankfully for him, his transfer request not only went through, it was intercepted by an organization that valued the same skills MACO did - Starfleet Intelligence. After passing some preliminary testing, he was rotated through a variety of analyst and field jobs, eventually settling down as an officer on board an Intrepid-class, the USS Armitage. Like most intelligence officers, his rank progression was now significantly ahead of time, making up for lost time on board the USS Luna. Here, he also begun to experiment with and document intelligence doctrine concepts in earnest, eventually becoming recognized as a major theorist in SI, and respected by his peers and CO. With this recognition, he was offered plenty of temporary "green door" assignments, particularly in an advisory role. Eventually, he was invited to participate in some ship projects at Utopia Planitia, which culminated in him leading the design team for the Phantom-class redesign.

In recognition of his role there, he was promoted to captain and was promised command of the first ship of the class, the USS Narvik. In the meantime though, he took temporary command of the old USS Armitage, its former captain having moved on up in rank, which he used to further experiment when on wargames and maneuvers. Now, having been in command of the USS Narvik for several years and having been promoted again to commodore, he faces his most difficult challenge yet - help bring home the Syl'Tara, or help blow it to bits.

Command Details
Current Command: USS Narvik (NCC-9574)
Starship Class: Modified Phantom-class intelligence ship, known as the Phantom-class (Mob.) - for "Mobilization Model" - or Narvik-class
Modifications, if any:

Compared to the original USS Phantom, the USS Narvik features no less than 178 modifications both large and small. Most of them are structural in nature, designed to reduce build time and costs in the faced of renewed galactic conflict, hence the designation "Mobilization Model". A couple of them are unique to the Narvik, having been refitted with new combat technologies for field testing. Major modifications are:

• Improved shaping to further reduce visual,sensor, and subspace signature.
  • Added monotanium-tetraburnium liner to ship's edges, reducing sensor signature.
  • Simplified gravitron deflector system, based off of technology developed for supporting MACO operations.
  • Added secondary tachyon deflector system, supporting improved sensor capability.
  • Added quantum capacitors to primary warp core, supporting the reserve power EPS system. *Narvik only
  • Added secondary M/AM warp core system.
  • Overhaul of onboard equipment with more modern technology.
  • Added active masking system to supplement passive warp signature masking, using a EM field generated from gauss coils and delivered through electroceramic lining to hide life signs and manipulate warp/subspace signature.
  • Upgraded shield array with high-strength and frequency-agile covariant gravitron-tetryon shielding, which also provides disruption of the ship's optical & active sensor signature when active.
  • Re-engined ship with combat impulse engines with auxiliary power generation, supporting long-term surveillance and quick reaction in and out of combat.
  • Replacement of the rearward torpedo launch system with a dedicated minelaying system.
  • Removal of the heavy phaser lance, freeing up space and energy for mission equipment.
  • Rearrangement of phaser arrays, allowing full coverage while reducing the number to three.
  • Addition of a second forward torpedo launcher.
  • Addition of an experimental antiproton beam emitter and twin cannon package.*Narvik only

Length: 303 m
Width: 205 m
Height: 40 m
Decks: 5 + 2 (superstructure)
Crew: ~150, dedicated living space for up to ~200, ~700 evacuation limit
Powerplant:
Max Warp Factor (12 hr): 9.981 (5795c)
Cruising Warp Factor: 6.48 (507c)
Weaponry: Two type 10 phaser arrays, two forward-arc autoloaded torpedo tubes, phaser quad-cannon package, mine deployer, forward-arc antiproton beam emitter, and forward-arc antiproton twin-cannon package.
Munitions Load: Up to 210 torpedoes of types photon, quantum, and tricobalt; 32 SR mine deployment systems with standard or tricobalt warheads; small number of saboteur delivery vehicles. Some torpedoes fitted with light trilithium lining to generate electronics-disrupting radiation.
Shields: Conformal gravitron-tetryon covariant shielding, visual and subspace profile disruption.
Armor: Ablative armor layer, duranium-tritanium alloy hull with electroceramic/tetraburnium layer, monotanium-electroceramic-tetraburnium edge liner.
Mission Equipment/Utilities: Tachyon and graviton main sensor package, subspace-electronic attack and intelligence systems, centralized intelligence analysis bay, sickbay with 4 beds, emergency surgery room, medical diagnostics lab, astrometrics and stellar cartography lab, electronic maintenance lab.
Auxiliary Craft: 4 Type 10 shuttlecraft

History (1-2 paragraphs please): The Narvik is the brainchild of Oscar Holt's Starfleet Intelligence Design Team, and a product of the militarized Starfleet of the new century. A direct modification of the Phantom-class intelligence ship launched in 2410, which was among the first Starfleet vessels with a cloaking device, the Narvik is a complete redesign to better fulfill the Team's envisioned "reconnaissance-assault" vessel - raiding, recce-by-fire, and MACO operations. Additional modifications would help ease construction time, as more ships were desperately needed.

The Narvik itself, named as such to quietly hide the true extent of it modifications, has had a relatively calm career until now. After being launched in 2422 with Holt himself as its commander, it spent most of its shakedown cruise in Alpha Quadrant space, staying largely out of sight while testing out its capabilities. It then spent 6 months assisting Starfleet support to New Romulus and combating Tal Shiar/Star Empire renegades, and a couple of months "on assignment" to Breen space. In 2424, it was refitted with experimental antiproton beam weapons as part of a large, Starfleet-wide combat technologies research project, much like the Syl'Tara. Originally planned for assignment to Task Force Omega, Starfleet, fearing the loss of another advanced ship after the Syl'Tara disappeared, reassigned it to Dyson Sphere operations against the Voth and hostile Delta Quadrant powers. After the Syl'Tara reappeared, the Narvik was assigned to Shadow's Forge, being a natural choice for hunting down the assimilated vessel.

Additional details: Nada.
RP sample: Here you go.
Last edited by Riysa on Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:27 pm, edited 22 times in total.

Brusia
Senator

Postby Brusia » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:29 am

Sorry this took so long, I may have gone abit overboard on the bio (I blame Romulans for living so long :p )

Character Name: Admiral Torel J'Rex
Race and/or Species: Romulan
Appearance: Torel
Personality: Generally a good man and one who cares deeply about his crew, though he still retains a devious and Machiavellian streak befitting a former officer of the Romulan Star Empire.
Biography:
Torel J'Rex was born on Romulus in 2234 to a well-connected family; his father was a Commander on one of the finest Warbirds in the Romulan fleet and his mother was a prominent Senator. When he came of age, Torel decided to follow in his father's footsteps, and with his connections had no problem securing a spot for himself in the Imperial War College. Torel found himself fascinated with the subjects they were taught there and developed a particular interest in the fascinating military history of the Empire. With this knowledge he proved to become an excellent strategist, and graduated near the top of his class in 2364.

Rather than seek a position aboard a Warbird after graduation however, Torel decided to take a position at Imperial Command near the War College so that he could continue his studies and further his knowledge that he might be better prepared to face the enemies of the Romulan people. Unlike many however, Torel never considered the Federation to be prominent among those enemies; as his mother had been one of the few voices in the Senate promoting peace, she'd taught him to respect many of the peaceful Federation ways that were loathed by many of the more prominent Romulans. Having spoken with his father's old CO from the Norkan Campaign and longtime family friend Admiral Alidar Jarok a number of times helped to further cement his position that war with the Federation should be avoided.

Torel's career had been going extremely well, and in a mere two years he'd managed to impress enough high-ranking officers at Command to rise to the rank of Lieutenant, when tragedy struck as news reached him that their old family friend Jarok had defected to the Federation. Despite their spotless records, both Torel and his father were brought in for questioning by the Tal Shiar. While Torel was found innocent, the Tal Shiar removed his father from command and forced him to "retire" from the service, despite having no evidence whatsoever that he had been involved in Jarok's defection. Torel was livid at the clear injustice that had been done to his father, but both his parents instructed him to remain silent about it, as questioning the Tal Shiar was a futile endeavor that would only create more problems. Even despite his innocence, his having been questioned by the Tal Shiar was enough to mark him as a potentially liability in the eyes of many at Command who were afraid of doing anything that might irk the Tal Shiar and jeopardize their rank and political status, and after it was made clear that he was persona non grata there, he requested reassignment to a Warbird which was promptly granted.

Much as he loathed the entire situation, Torel never let his anger effect his work, and by 2368 he manged to reach the rank of Subcommander and became the Executive Officer on the IRW Decimus, a D'deridex-class vessel under the command of a woman who fortunately shared Torel's disdain for the Tal Shiar and didn't hold his record against him. Sadly however, his woes with the Tal Shiar would soon prove far from over, when his mother was censured and later expelled from the Senate for her support of the Vulcan reunification movement. Torel was again questioned, this time by none other than Sela, and again found innocent, but his disgraced family effectively killed his opportunities for advancement. The next five years were quite uneventful, as Torel received neither promotion nor reassignment, but the Subcommander's fortunes would soon change in 2373 when the recently discovered Dominion began their incursion into the Alpha Quadrant and declared war on the Federation and their Klingon allies.

While many Romulans looked upon the heavy casualties the Dominion inflicted upon the Federation and Klingons in the early stages of the war with glee, Torel and his Commander could see that the Dominion posed a far greater existential threat to the Star Empire than the Federation and Klingons could have ever hoped to, and vocally supported joining the Federation Alliance, though their voices sadly carried little weight. That would change a year later however, when Romulan authorities came to believe that Senator Vreenak had been assassinated by the Dominion after discovering what appeared to be Dominion plans for an invasion of Romulan space. Outraged, the Romulan Senate finally declared war on the Dominion, and the Decimus joined in with the front-line of the fleet as they launched retaliatory strikes into Dominion space.

Like a bad-luck magnet, tragedy would once again befall Torel during the Battle of Benzar when his Commander was killed in a firefight with the Jem'Hadar. Though disheartened by her loss, Torel took command and managed to rally the crew for a successful counter-attack to drive the last of the Dominion forces off the planet. Torel then personally recovered the Commander's body and saw to it that she was given a proper burial before returning to the ship. As their forces were already stretched thin and experienced Commanders were at a premium, Romulan Command begrudgingly promoted Torel to Commander for his actions on Benzar and gave him command of the Decimus.

Torel would go on serve with distinction in the war, making excellent use of his strategic and tactical knowledge to lead Romulan forces to numerous victories over their enemies, and being twice commended for valor in the First Battle of Chin'tok and the Battle of Cardassia. After the Treaty of Bajor was signed, Torel received additional commendations from both the Federation and Klingon Empire as thanks for assisting their forces, but these did little to improve his standing in the Star Empire, and as things began to return to the status quo ante bellum he and the Decimus were assigned to routine patrols of the Neutral Zone. These patrols were intended to keep him well away from Romulus, which had the unfortunate side effect of putting him too far away to be of assistance to the Senate when Shinzon launched his coup. Fortunately the crew of the Enterprise was able to stop Shinzon before he was able to commit any further atrocities, and with most of Torel's political enemies now dead, he finally started to receive some better assignments; eventually getting a rare deep space exploration assignment.

It was a thirty-year mission through much of unknown space and, with permission from the Federation, a few Federation planets with the intention of both discovering new worlds and helping to improve relations with the Federation following Shinzon's attempt to destroy Earth. The mission went off without a hitch, but as they returned to Romulan Space in 2409, they discovered that their homeworld had been destroyed by the Hobus Supernova twenty two years earlier, and that the Star Empire had all but collapsed. Torel and many others in his crew still hated the Tal Shiar, and when they learned that the Tal Shiar were now effectively in total control of the remnants of the Star Empire with Sela having proclaimed herself Empress, Torel considered returning to Federation space to defect, but when he learned of the fledgling Romulan Republic founded by D'Tan he discussed it with his senior officers, and it was agreed to seek out the Republic flotilla instead.

It took a few months, but the crew of the Decimus eventually found them and made their request to join the Republic. Initially many in the Republic were worried that Torel's arrival was too good to be true and that he might be a spy with the Tal Shiar, but it was none other than Tiaru Jarok, the daughter of his father's old friend, who spoke out on his behalf and convinced D'Tan and the others to give Torel a chance. This proved to be a wise decision, as the experienced Commander would prove to be sorely needed when the Elachi and Tal Shiar began attacking Romulan colonies. After successfully repelling several attacks, D'Tan and the Republic brass were convinced that Torel was indeed on their side and promoted him to Sub-Admiral. Several Birds of Prey were placed under his command, and he helped to train their recently recruited crews in addition to leading them into battle.

When the colony on New Romulus was established, Torel was tasked with aiding in its defense. Initially he mostly fought off Hirogen mercenaries who had been contracted by the Tal Shiar to harass the development of New Romulus, but when the main Elachi fleet attempted to attack the planet he proved to be critical in its defense. For helping to save the planet, he received a commendation as well as a promotion to Vice Admiral, and would go on to take a leading role in the fights against the Voth and Undine. It was the Iconian War where he would truly shine, helping win numerous battles for the Alliance, though the final battle came at a particularly high cost. The Decimus was among the many ships heavily damaged in the battle over Earth, though before the ship was totally destroyed Torel initiated a Singularity Core breach, and set a course directly into an Iconian dreadnought. Fortunately, he was able to make it to an escape pod just in time, and narrowly avoided the detonation that destroyed both his ship and the enemy's.

When the war ended Torel received his final promotion to Admiral and was given command of the recently constructed RRW Triarius, a Tulwar-class dreadnought. In the years since, he's worked tirelessly to help train the RRF into a force befitting one of a major power to help prepare the Romulan people to face whatever threats awaited them in the future. When the Syl'Tara revealed itself to be one of those threats by attacking a Romulan merchant vessel trading with a Federation colony, Torel volunteered to assist Task Force Shadow Forge in stopping the vessel and hopefully help avert any Borg incursions into Republic space.

Command Details
Current Command: RRW Triarius
Starship Class: Tulwar-class
Modifications, if any: Contains two wings of Scorpion fighters and has a secondary shield system.
History: Commissioned shortly after the end of the Iconian War, the Triarius has served as Admiral J'Rex's flagship for the last sixteen years; though it has seen little action in that time. Outside of the occasional skirmish with pirates and smugglers it has primarily served to help lead training missions and routine patrols, so the looming engagement with the Syl'Tara will be the ship's first true test of strength...

Additional details: Not that I can think of.
RP sample: viewtopic.php?p=29422891#p29422891

Mewsland
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mewsland » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:17 pm

Brusia: accept

Riysa: Looking forward to the finished app!

Brusia
Senator

Postby Brusia » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:43 pm

Mewsland wrote:Brusia: accept

Thanks :) How many more folks do we need to start up the IC?

Rezua
Minister

Founded: Sep 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Rezua » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:03 pm

Tag, I'll work on my app soon.
My second language is Sindarin

"The best liars are those who tell the truth most of the time" - Vin Mistborn: The Final Empire

"You lack the requisite spine and testicular fortitude to study under me"- Elodin The Name of the Wind

“Sometimes a hypocrite is nothing more than a man in the process of changing" - Dalinar Oathbringer

Parcia
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 11, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Parcia » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:07 pm

GOing off the STO lore I know of, is the Galaxy Dreadnought allowed?

And or a Typhoon Class Battleship.

I feel the need to blow shit up.
So apparently Cobalt has named me a Cyber terrorist, I honestly don't know to be Honored or offended.
Right leaning Centrist from Florida No I am not The Floridaman...hes my uncle. Other then that dont @ me about politics, im leaving that
hell hole behind until I leave Uni.
I reserve all rights to my posts, OCs, and contributions to any threads I post on.
I'm a Pagan too, figure that shit out!
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media ... e_Lock.gif storage
Hooyah Navy.

Rezua
Minister

Founded: Sep 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Rezua » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:09 pm

I'm new to Star Trek (I've only seen the new movies and some of Next Generation), what kind of ship do you suggest? I know that Starfleet places science over warfare. Are we using their exploration vessels or their warships?
My second language is Sindarin

"The best liars are those who tell the truth most of the time" - Vin Mistborn: The Final Empire

"You lack the requisite spine and testicular fortitude to study under me"- Elodin The Name of the Wind

“Sometimes a hypocrite is nothing more than a man in the process of changing" - Dalinar Oathbringer

Parcia
Powerbroker

Democratic Socialists

Postby Parcia » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:12 pm

Mewsland wrote:Dingle-damn it. I should have put this in the OP rules.

Canon ship designs, 25th century Federation/Romulan ships from Star Trek Online (none of the temporal designs or alternate realities), and designs from the Journal of Applied Treknology are acceptable designs. So too are custom species (otherwise Suddeth herself wouldn't work).

On that note, Treskovia, accept.

Edited to also act as bump.

...Alright, Time to see just how many guns I can weld/ducktape/glue on to a Typhoon and get away with it.
So apparently Cobalt has named me a Cyber terrorist, I honestly don't know to be Honored or offended.
Right leaning Centrist from Florida No I am not The Floridaman...hes my uncle. Other then that dont @ me about politics, im leaving that
I reserve all rights to my posts, OCs, and contributions to any threads I post on.
Hooyah Navy.

Mewsland
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mewsland » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:24 pm

Brusia: I'd like to see Riysa's complete app plus at least one more app before we launch the IC.

Parcia: Sure, go with the Typhoon class. Just remember that we can only extrapolate tech from STO forward about 15 years (2424).

Rezua: I'd go for a warship for this RP, but you could go with anything.

To all: In terms of modifications, no slipstream drive (that was being tested by the Syl'Tara in this timeline) or spore drive (no genetic engineering to make it work - sorry, Discovery).

Parcia
Powerbroker

Democratic Socialists

Not-WIP

Postby Parcia » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:42 pm

Character Name: Sean M. Dunaway (I'l be switching to a Commander, if Vice Admiral is taken.)
Appearance: 5'11, toned, skin is pale. His facial features are strong, with a well defined cheek lines and jaw. He keeps facial hair to a rough stubble that is some how still inside Starfleet regulation. His hair, by this point stark white with streaks of grey, is kept cut short. (although most published pictures of him show him with longer hair and a small ponytail) He normally wears a blue overcoat concealing a thin black undershirt and a protective polyweave armor vest. He wears a matching set of Blue slacks and black combat boots.
Personality: He is a...cold person to the outside eye. This is mostly due to nearly two decades of warfare has changed him, weather for better or worse, is arguable. While in command, he retains the cold, distant yet some how stoic attitude. When in private, or around his daughters, he takes a noticeably warmer attitude. He is a good person deep down, has a sense of good and bad, but such things have been muted after years of fighting the Klingons, then the Undine, then the Borg, then the Iconians and their minions and lastly, the Borg once again.
Biography (2-4 paragraphs please):
Born in 2371 to a poor family in northern Florida, he grew up working a farm job until, at 16, he enlisted in Starfleet as a way to get away from the Family's Orange farm. Originally going in as a science officer (and would eventually become one, with a degree in biotechnology and genetics, mostly to do with crops and food production, owing to his family's heritage.) He would be thrusted in to combat during an encounter with the Borg. Taking command of his ship, an Miranda class Frigate, he would cut his teeth in combat. Upon returning home victorious, he would be given command of a Constitution Refit Cruiser and when go on to distinguish him self as a competent battlefield commander.

Fast forward until shortly before the Iconian war, during the rising tide of the attacks by the minions of the Iconian, and the Commander would have transferred from his last command, A classified task force intent on destroying the Klingon shipping and merchant lances to continuously keep them from being a threat to the Federation (a tactic that technically was illegal after the sighing of a peace agreement) working through the various nebulae and badlands through out Klingon space. The few Klingon captains that survived (much to their jargon) his crews few boarding actions would come to call him "chIS Qongbogh chalDaq tlha' Dat", or, "The White Wolf".

He would be shortly transferred to the alliance task force sent to deal with the Borg/Undine threat, and by extension, a new task force built to deal with a new threat.

Command Details
Current Command:USS Anastasia Romanov NCC-1901
Starship Class: Modified Typhoon class battle cruiser
Modifications, if any:
Quad Phaser cannons - The "Big Ann" mounts a set of 6 heavy quad phaser cannon turrets, designed to bear down on enemy ships with alternating blasts. 4 are mounted forward on the main saucer, while two are mounted rear of the saucer.

Valkyrie Fighter wing - The "Big Ann" supports a retrofitted shuttle bay, turning it in to a mobile fighter carrier as well, she fits a wing of 12 Valkyrie Fighter craft detached from the Federation 1st Fighter Corps.

Federation Marines - an Unusual sight, the Federation Marine Corps had long since fallen in to a position as a little used and largely ceremonial branch of the Federation. During the recent wars between the races of the Alpha Quadrant, the Marines have seen more and more combat, with many of the current tactics used by Marine Ground troops, and even the more famous and well known MACO forces, being able to trace their routs to the 210 man MArine unit aboard Big Ann.

Durnaium Hull plating - owing to her design as a heavy warship, the Romanov was refitted with reinforced Durinium hull plating as a stop gap measure against the devastating Anti-proton weapons of the Iconians.

Torpedo tubes - The Romanov fits a bank of torpedo tubes fitted to fire either standard Standard issue Qauntom torpedoes, or tri-colbalt warheads meant for special uses.

Adapted Technology - Using technology recovered from the Recent Iconian war, the Romanov fits a set of multi-layer shield arrays derived from the infamously durable shields of Iconian Dreadnoughts.

History (1-2 paragraphs please): The Anastasia Romanov, or "Big Ann" as she is known by her crew, was originally built as a typhoon class battle-cruiser during the later years of the Second Federation-Klingon War (after the Kitamer accords were broken) Under the command of a then rookie Captain Dunaway. During her time as a stock Typhoon, she was deployed against a group of Klingon raiders active near the DMZ between the Federation and (what remained of) the Romulan Star Empire. Her actions their would culminate in a three sided battle between her self, 3 Klingon Heavy Siege ships and a pair of Romulan D'Derdix heavy warbirds.

Using a combination of tactics and the sheer firepower that the Typhoon class had quickly became known for, she was able to disable the two Romulan birds, destroy two of the Klingon birds, and disable the third before calling for reinforcements and loosing main power. A Federation response fleet soon arrived, towed the Romulan birds back to their port, once the accident had been classified, and Big Ann was towed to Mars were she sat in a Utopia Planesa Shipyard for the better part of a year while she was rebuilt to Sean's specifications.

The ship and crew were then transferred to a thus classified task force and dropped off the known map for years. Rumors would circulate, how ever, of a black ship of Federation make and build that stalked the various Nebulae that were found in the inner regions of Klingon space, preying on Commerce ships and KDF warbirds alike. Always leaving little trace of its attacks out side of a debris field.
Her true trial by fire would come during the Iconian war which, by sheer coincidence, kicked up just prior to the decommission date for the Romanov, as the heavily armed and armored warship was found to be too expensive and unwarranted to keep afloat in a mostly peace time situation.
How ever, as soon as the war it self started, her decommissioning was canceled, the then newly promoted Vice Admiral Dunaway given command of his ship. The Anastasia would see multiple major conflicts during the war, often acting as a frontal assault ship, often warping directly in to the formation of the enemy and unleashing hell in all directions as the enemy often panicked due to the sudden appearance of a battleship weight ship appearing directly in the middle of their formations. She would distinguish her self during the battle over Earth by engaging the Iconian Dreadnought head on, trading blows before she was disabled. How ever, the extensive damage caused by this gun duel of the titans, as well as a trade marked ramming maneuver by a certain Klingon ship, allowed Alliance boarding parties to enter the ship.

She was towed once again to her birth on mars, rebuilt, and has since been acting in her modern form. She have since been serving as a patrol group leader and fast reaction force flagship.
Additional details:
While sporting the cannons, she still supports multiple type 10 phaser arrays. Her fighter compliment also limits her having only 4 shuttle craft for rapid deployment of Marines. Speaking of which, the Marines them selves make use of the TR-116 rifles that MACO does, along side Phase compression pistols and Phaser miniguns.
RP sample:
Ace Combat Broken Line
Ace Combat Mirrored Echos
Last edited by Parcia on Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:41 am, edited 4 times in total.
Hooyah Navy.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse