NATION

PASSWORD

MEN OF HONOR: A World Of Crime [OOC | Semi-Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Forest State
Senator

Founded: Aug 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:54 pm

Ayvalon wrote:Count me as interested: One quick question before I finish this app, we have a definitive timeline? was thinking of making a veteran.

Edit: I'd figure early to mid cold war considering the weapons available but I don't wanna jump to conclusions.

We're currently in present day. The weapons aren't the best because we'll get access to more expensive ones as the RP continues.
don't tread on me

Forest State
Senator

Founded: Aug 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:11 pm

Announcement: I won't be able to get the first IC post up tonight, but I will shoot for tomorrow. On the bright side, this should give a bit more time for the RP to stay open.
don't tread on me

Ayvalon
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 23, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Ayvalon » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:51 pm

Previous RPs both fell through, why not?

A P P L I C A T I O N

VITALS
Name: Horace "Heatwave" Michael
Build: 5'4 (1.6M for metric readers), 185lbs (83.9kg), generally sports a "Swimmer's build", lean but noticeably defined muscles.
Appearance: Short red hair, light blue eyes, Countless scars across his body, Tattoos "Angels Guard me" on left shoulder "Demons Teach me" on right.

DETAILS
Weapons: AKM (Primary) 1911 (Secondary)
Ethnicity: Irish-American
Hometown: Chicago
Skills: Expert marksman, proficient with combat triage, disturbingly proficient with explosives, An extremely brutal and proficient hand-to-hand combatant.
Flaws: Highly sensitive about his scars, borderline alcoholic

PERSONAL
Personality: bit of an attitude when hes had too much to drink, but tends to rein himself in on the job. Otherwise calm; goal-oriented and incredibly focused on 'his goals' whatever they may be.
Short Biography: Born to an Irish father and American mother in downtown Chicago, Horace tends to fall not so far from the tree in certain ways. His father was a drunkard and some even suspect had ties to the Irish Republican Army, a extremist organization focused on Irish independence from British occupation. Despite his father's extreme alcoholism, he never struck his wife or child, instead opting to vent his frustration in illegal fighting competitions where he earned the nickname "Old man Mickey".

Much of Horace's early life was one of hard-knocks, from other children picking on him for having a 'worthless' father. The constant bullying resulted in an early life focused solely on physical fitness to ensure he was never victimized again. This intense focus earned the attention of Army recruiters keen to hire young; easily impressed minds to enlist. Horace enlisted as a Combat engineer, completing 8 years of service (with 4 tours, 3 Afghanistan, 1 Iraq) before getting out after finding the army didn't suit his tastes. The young man wandered through life aimlessly before being approached by a heist crew in need of another body for high-stakes robberies. The following years of Horace's life (up to today) have earned him a modicum of respect in the criminal underworld before being approached by the Baresi crime family.

It was made clear upfront that one of Horace's robberies involved a business under their protection. Rather than make an example of an up-and-coming gun for hire, they offered him a choice: Give us the names of the rest of your crew or disappear under less-than-fortunate circumstances. Having grown to respect his fellow heisters, Horace withstood torture for nearly 30 hours straight before intervention came in the form of one of the Baresi family's made men. Respecting the fact that he refused to break despite horrific injuries, in line with the crime family's own code of Omerta, Horace was given a new deal: Work for us and the debt will be wiped clean.
Last edited by Ayvalon on Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Previous

Return to Portal to the Multiverse