NATION

PASSWORD

MEN OF HONOR: A World Of Crime [OOC | Semi-Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Forest State
Senator

Founded: Aug 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:50 pm

Aureumterra wrote:-snip-

Accepted.
New Doltania wrote:-snip-

This is actually a quote, not an edit. I have to agree with Cennairceach, too.
don't tread on me

New Doltania
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 26, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby New Doltania » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:52 pm

I know. It was just easier to do it that way so that I could copy down the format. Will edit bio in the 'New Edit' post.
Sporting Achievements: Champions of the 1st De International Football Tournament
Hosting: Co-hosted Indian Champions League with Azadeshia

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:10 pm

New Doltania wrote:I know. It was just easier to do it that way so that I could copy down the format. Will edit bio in the 'New Edit' post.

You've got to remove the quotation code so that the app appears properly.

@}-;-'---

"But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most..." -Mark Twain

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:12 pm

Forest State wrote:
Aureumterra wrote:-snip-

Accepted.
New Doltania wrote:-snip-

This is actually a quote, not an edit. I have to agree with Cennairceach, too.

Whopee!
NS Parliament: Aditya Sriraam - Unity and Consolidation Party
Latin American Political RP
RightValues
Icelandic Civic Nationalist and proud
I’m your average Íslandic NS player
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!
A 12 civilization, according to this index.
Scary Right Wing Capitalist who thinks the current state of the world (before the pandemic) is the best it had been

Cylarn
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 25, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Cylarn » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:34 pm

A P P L I C A T I O N

VITALS
Name: "Name's Bosco. Bosco Morelli."
Build: (You can include height and weight here.)
Appearance: (If you use an image, it should be linked or within a spoiler. Do not post the image without spoiler tags.)

DETAILS
Weapons: "I pack an M14; Springfield-made, with a Leupold scope made to shift between short, medium, and long-range. Sidearm-wise, my choice is a Glock 22, chambered for .40 S&W. I also carry a concealable fixed-blade knife with a carbon fiber handle and a three-day blackened steel blade. Lastly, I pack an ice pick - got a ball handle with a four-inch pointed spike protruding.
Ethnicity: "Dad's second-gen Italian; mom is third-generation Irish."
Hometown: Raleigh, North Carolina.
Skills:
Flaws:

PERSONAL
Personality:
Short Biography: "Man, you want my story? I wasn't born into this shit, not by a long shot. My old man was a detective with the Raleigh Police; Mom was a teacher with a good gig at a Catholic school. Needless to say, I learned a lot of things from those three sources - school, Dad, and Mom. Dad taught me how to shoot, starting with a Ruger Six and building up to a 270. Mom taught me about right and wrong; that family should always be my first priority, but also that I should never lose myself for the sake of my family. Catholic school? I learned how to kick the shit out of other kids, and how not to get my ass kicked."

"Could've gone to college, but I didn't. Instead, I joined the Corps.

Obviously a work-in-progress.
Last edited by Cylarn on Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
If you are serving the US and its allies right now overseas, thank you for what you do.
Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award and the Best Crime RP Award for 2013 in P2TM. Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award of 2014 in P2TM.

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:38 pm

Cylarn wrote:Obviously a work-in-progress.

Dammit, whenever I see a first-person app, I feel inspired to completely rewrite mine in the same format, kicking myself for lack of originality. Curse you, Cylarn. Curse you.
Last edited by Ceannairceach on Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

@}-;-'---

"But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most..." -Mark Twain

Slaughavas
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 12, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Slaughavas » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:42 pm

Ceannairceach wrote:
Cylarn wrote:Obviously a work-in-progress.

Dammit, whenever I see a first-person app, I feel inspired to completely rewrite mine in the same format, kicking myself for lack of originality. Curse you, Cylarn. Curse you.

Why not just make your RP post original when the IC goes up instead :p

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:43 pm

Slaughavas wrote:
Ceannairceach wrote:Dammit, whenever I see a first-person app, I feel inspired to completely rewrite mine in the same format, kicking myself for lack of originality. Curse you, Cylarn. Curse you.

Why not just make your RP post original when the IC goes up instead :p

Sounds like work.

@}-;-'---

Costa Fierro
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Costa Fierro » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:48 am

A P P L I C A T I O N

VITALS
Name: André Van Ryneveld
Build: Height is roughly 5'10, weight is about 110 kilos (242 lbs)
Appearance: Overall build characteristic of a large rugby player. Blonde hair which is cut short at the sides and combed over. Blue eyes. Slightly disfigured nose.

DETAILS
Weapons: Glock 17
Ethnicity: Afrikaner
Hometown: Durban, South Africa
Skills: Athleticism, strength.
Flaws: Stubborn, impulsive, somewhat of a loner and quite racist.

PERSONAL
Personality: André is a fairly typical Afrikaner expat in that he claims life is better in South Africa (or was) but doesn't want to go back because "the blacks ruined it". He isn't the sharpest tool in the proverbial shed but is a very loyal and dedicated man, owing to his religious upbringing. Has a fraught relationship with his father and his rather egoistic and self-centred stepmother.
Short Biography: André Van Ryneveld was born in Durban, South Africa in January 1992 during the tail end of the apartheid era. His father, Jacques, owned a number of Mercedes-Benz dealerships around the Durban area and his family lived a reasonably privileged life. His mother, Annie, lived the traditional role of the ever prepared, ever wise and ever diligent housewife, having given up her role as a clerk in the city council to raise André and his two other siblings: his older sister Elize (the apple of both parents' eye) and his younger brother Markus, who envied the attention André received for being the hallowed "first son" of the family. André had a very close relationship with his mother, as his father was very authoritarian and traditionalist for someone who was a devout Calvinist. This relationship only grew closer following the end of apartheid and what his father called the "collapse of civility" in South Africa, which his father did not deal with very well. Running the dealerships became stressful as increasing numbers of cars were stolen from dealer lots and staff were assaulted and threatened. Jacques himself had a gun pulled on him at one point, leading to his decision to sell the franchises. André's defining moment was during a routine stop at a set of traffic lights in 2003 when a man with a pistol tried to steal the car that him and his mother were in. She fought back and was shot for her troubles. André himself was injured as the bullet had passed through her body and into him, but recovered from his injuries. He'd become resentful and somewhat fearful of blacks from then onward.

Throughout secondary schooling, André became quite a strong and capable rugby player, playing for his high school team throughout his time there. He also took up boxing, but began to falter, hanging out with the wrong crowd of kids at school. His father's protectiveness and increasing authoritarianism, as well as his rapid replacement of his mother with a new, much younger girlfriend angered André immensely and prompted him to eventually move out of his home at age 18, joining the Army. He served for a period of five years before leaving South Africa altogether using the money he had saved, plus a windfall from the death of a grandparent. He moved to Miami, Florida and took up a job as a guard for a security company that transferred money to and from banks. He gained notariety within Miami after he had got into an altercation with someone who attempted to remove his handgun fro its holster, shooting the man six times. Although acquitted of manslaughter, he was fired from his job, but has now taken up a new one with the local crime family.
"Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist." - George Carlin

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:07 pm

Costa Fierro wrote:snip

Accepted. I'm aiming for the IC launch in one to two days.
don't tread on me

Beutarch
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 13, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Beutarch » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:06 am

A P P L I C A T I O N

VITALS
Name: "First name Vaughn, last name Everton."
Build: "5' 11", 168 pounds. Definitely not on the heavy side, but I'm also not a bodybuilder."
Appearance: "Normally I wouldn't wear a suit."

DETAILS
Weapons: "Listen, I love to bash people's heads in as much as the next guy, but I'm not the greatest at it. I'd prefer to keep a low profile, only carrying a Berreta. Suppressed, preferably."
Ethnicity: "African-American."
Hometown: "I was born in Alexandria, right outside DC."
Skills:
- Negotiation
- Clandestine jobs
- Bluffing
Flaws:
- Poor combatant
- Flighty
- Quite friendly, for a criminal

PERSONAL
Personality: "As far as I know, I'm not sick in the head. But, people say I'm a touch paranoid. A person has to have a compelling lust for material wealth in order to work with the Family, but I value my life over everything else."
Short Biography: WIP

I jumped on the first-person app train.
Last edited by Beutarch on Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:07 am, edited 3 times in total.
Do you think you know me?

Benokarta
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 27, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Benokarta » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:13 am

Tag
Economic Left/Right: 4.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.1

Benokarta is a militaristic and fascist nation residing in the area around the Baltic Sea. Its culture is a combination of those of Germany, Russia, and the Nordic Countries.

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:00 pm

Just letting everyone know that the IC launch is being planned for tomorrow. We won't close immediately, however, so everyone that has a WIP app or interest still has some time to get in before we lock down the final group.
don't tread on me

Walabam
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 26, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Walabam » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:14 am

Tagging before this closes! App WIP. I know an ex-cop (although only for a month) might be scrutinized, but still, I'm up for a challenge :unsure:

A P P L I C A T I O N

VITALS
Name: Luca Musitelli
Build: Slender. Stands at 6 feet tall, 170 pounds heavy.
Appearance:

DETAILS
Weapons: Beretta 92 and UMP45
Ethnicity: Italian American
Hometown: New York City
Skills: Luca is a very charismatic man; charming, yet cunning at the same time. His expertise is in close quarters combat. His networking skills are also impeccable, with friends and acquaintances on both sides of the law.
Flaws: While Luca stands out as a charismatic lad, he, in reality, is extremely hot-headed. Offend him and you'll have a slim chance of seeing the next day alive. However, his temper has often caused him trouble. Luca is also colorblind, a fact he conceals from many of his peers. Driving is another of Luca's weaknesses, as he has not driven a car in his life before.

PERSONAL
Personality: Charismatic, hot-headed and reckless.
Short Biography:

Luca Musitelli, born Franceso Gotti, to middle-class parents Antonio Gotti and Giulia Versace, was an aspiring Police Officer. His father was a low-ranking Police Officer, and his mother was a New York city administrator. As a child, Luca would often idolize his father as a hero who protected the people and kept them safe. He would often brag to his friends about his father's occupation, which didn't pay much, but was an honorable job. Despite his father's measly salary, Antonio seemed to be able to afford the many luxuries that were well beyond the family's means, including a 1972 Stutz Blackhawk. Antonio's flaunting of wealth eventually raised some eyebrows, however, and rumours quickly spread. One common rumour was that while on patrol, Antonio had come across a bag of money, which, apparently,
belonged to the Gambino crime family.

In reality, however, Antonio was bribed by several members of the Gambino family, by posing as a high-ranking Police detective. Upon realizing that Antonio was just a low-ranking officer, the Gambinos did not take his impersonation well. Soon after the rumors had spread, Antonio was found dead in an alley, gunned down while still in his uniform. A young Luca did not understand the circumstances of Antonio's death, but he knew he had to avenge his father's death, believing that his father was gunned down while performing his duties.

To avoid being hunted down, Luca's mother, Giulia, hurriedly left New York together with Luca and moved south towards Miami, Florida, living under newly assumed identities. Francesco Gotti, which was Luca's birth name, was now Luca Musitelli, while Giulia, who was born Giovanna Pavarotti, was now living under the name "Giulia Versace". Luca did not adapt well to the change. A new and unfamiliar environment had caused him much distress. While he was a well-behaved boy in New York, he was now seen as a troublemaker, often getting into fights and bullying other students.

Thankfully for Giulia, Luca had matured by the time he was in middle school. He was a straight-A student, a teenage heartthrob, and a player for the school's baseball team. His aspiration to become a police officer was once again re-ignited when he witnessed a criminal's arrest at his school. The cops looked so cool to him, and they reminded him of his father. He graduated from middle school with no troubles, as he did with high school, although he had impregnated several girls in high school.

As soon as Luca graduated from High School, he applied for a spot in the Police Academy, wanting to realize his dreams. While he knew of the dangers of being a Law Enforcement Officer, he prioritized the mission of avenging his father's death. While not the best at the academy, Luca eventually made it as a Police Officer, slowly starting his personal agenda. In his first month as a Police Officer, however, Luca wasn't pleased. He noticed that the force was rife with corruption. Additionally, he started to realize that the job of a cop was nothing but glorified.

Luca had no faith in the force. He did not believe that the law could bring his father's assailants to justice. Soon, Luca quit the force.

While Luca hated the mafias' guts, he knew that joining them could be the only way he could avenge his father. As such, with connections he had made throughout the years, he began committing crimes to earn a living. The more he earned, though, the more he forgot about his mission, which was to avenge his father. Indeed, greed is the root of all evil. Luca's reputation slowly rose, and he was eventually introduced by a friend to work for the Baresi crime family as an associate.
Last edited by Walabam on Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
wat.

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:20 pm

Our IC is now live. Feel free to ask if you have any questions for your introduction post.
don't tread on me

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:21 pm

Walabam wrote:snip

Accepted, although you can certainly expect the extra scrutiny in the IC.
don't tread on me

Walabam
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 26, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Walabam » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:13 am

After drafting up a long-ass post, I have come to realise that this RP actually takes place in the modern era. Right?

Something about me kept thinking this RP was to be played in the 1980s and I drafted my whole post with tons of 80s references. Oh God.

Note to self: Read all sub-info sections thoroughly :roll:
Last edited by Walabam on Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
wat.

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:48 pm

Walabam wrote:After drafting up a long-ass post, I have come to realise that this RP actually takes place in the modern era. Right?

Something about me kept thinking this RP was to be played in the 1980s and I drafted my whole post with tons of 80s references. Oh God.

Yep. We're in 2017, although I don't blame you for thinking it's the 80s because that's kind of the design aesthetic I aimed for.

In other news, I'll reply tomorrow, if anyone wants to post before then.
don't tread on me

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:03 pm

Forest State wrote:
Walabam wrote:After drafting up a long-ass post, I have come to realise that this RP actually takes place in the modern era. Right?

Yep. We're in 2017, although I don't blame you for thinking it's the 80s because that's kind of the design aesthetic I aimed for.

I thought it was 2018?
RightValues
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!
Scary Right Wing Capitalist who thinks the current state of the world (before the pandemic) is the best it had been

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:09 pm

Aureumterra wrote:
Forest State wrote:Yep. We're in 2017, although I don't blame you for thinking it's the 80s because that's kind of the design aesthetic I aimed for.

I thought it was 2018?

Yep. Keep forgetting that we're in 2018 now.
don't tread on me

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:09 pm

Forest State wrote:
Aureumterra wrote:I thought it was 2018?

Yep. Keep forgetting that we’re in 2018 now.

lol me too
RightValues
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!

Erhialam
Diplomat

Founded: May 23, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Erhialam » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:23 pm

Room for one more?
"The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it." - The great Terry Pratchett

~
Erhialam is also known as Interstellar Australia. Apparently.

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:06 pm

Erhialam wrote:Room for one more?

I'll say we're open until the end of the meeting in the IC thread.
don't tread on me

Erhialam
Diplomat

Founded: May 23, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Erhialam » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:19 pm

Forest State wrote:
Erhialam wrote:Room for one more?

I'll say we're open until the end of the meeting in the IC thread.

Alrighty. RL might end up preventing me from joining but I'll keep an eye on the thread.
"The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it." - The great Terry Pratchett

~
Erhialam is also known as Interstellar Australia. Apparently.

Ayvalon
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 23, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Ayvalon » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:50 pm

Count me as interested: One quick question before I finish this app, we have a definitive timeline? was thinking of making a veteran.

Edit: I'd figure early to mid cold war considering the weapons available but I don't wanna jump to conclusions.
Last edited by Ayvalon on Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse