NATION

PASSWORD

Arcane University of Magic (IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Novas Arcanum
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 14, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Novas Arcanum » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:27 pm

Brandon would see a laboratory full of potions, ingredients, and bookshelves stuffed with alchemical recipes.Ms.Rosebinder was stirring the cauldron with her large spoon humming a sweet melody has Brandon asked his question.She didn't even notice him at first as she was wholly dedicated to her brewing. Kim poured the lilac, ice sand, ember flowers, and eye of newt into the pot, and a mighty puff of smoke emerged from it, smelling of melted brownies, and licorice. The spoon soon mixed the brew on its own as Kim went to get a vial to pour the potion in yet she was startled when she saw Brandon in front of her.

She smiled with the warmth of the sun itself, and her eyes shined with genuine friendliness.

"Brandon what a pleasure! How are you? Oh, you want a potion that makes people more affectionate? Well, I would be more than happy to impart the knowledge of how to make it, it always makes me glad to see wizards interested in the age-old tradition of alchemy!" She said in a voice as sweet as honey.

"Now let's see a recipe for the Flask of Kindness, I know that I had a recipe for that somewhere, but hmm where is it?.... aw silly me! it was here the whole time !"

She got on a library ladder and rolled to a bookshelf at the end of the room to reach the very top.She pulled out a dusty old purple book trimmed with gold and handed it to Brandon

"Here you go! You're in luck too for a lot of these ingredients only bloom in the Fall!, you can find them in the Enchanted Forest"

Pour water into the cauldron, stir carefully with the spoon then pour the ingredients in order.Once the brew shines a bright purplish color that is when it is complete.Let it cool for 30 minutes afterward.

2x salmonberries

1x Snakeroot

1x Helenium

3x Toad Lily
Last edited by Novas Arcanum on Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 21, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Chewion » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:55 pm

Brandon Kiser

Brandon smiled and said “Thank you Professor. I was wondering if maybe you had any ingredients here I could use. I’d be willing to pay full price of course.” Brandon was pleasantly surprised by how nice and warm this Professor was. “Also I am not majoring in Alchemy but could I still come to the class?”
Pro: America, guns, freedom, democracy, military, Trump, conservatism, Israel, capitalism, state rights.

Novas Arcanum
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Novas Arcanum » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:52 pm

Chewion wrote:Brandon Kiser

Brandon smiled and said “Thank you Professor. I was wondering if maybe you had any ingredients here I could use. I’d be willing to pay full price of course.” Brandon was pleasantly surprised by how nice and warm this Professor was. “Also I am not majoring in Alchemy but could I still come to the class?”

She smiled and giggled softly at his naivete.

"I'm a professor, not a shopkeeper, silly but my mother Mara sales ingredients at her alchemy shop in Daria, I'm sure she'll have those ingredients in stock, if not like I said there sure to be found in the Enchanted Forest."

"And to answer your question yes you and other students are always welcomed to learn about the alchemical arts!"

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:58 pm

Brandon Kiser

Brandon smiled and said “Thank you so much Professor! See you soon.”

Rushing out he made his way off of campus and into the center of Daria. Looking around he found the Alchemy shop and went inside saying “Hello? Mrs. Rosebinder? Your daughter, Professor Rosebinder sent me here saying you could sell me some ingredients for a Flask of Kindness potion.”
Pro: America, guns, freedom, democracy, military, Trump, conservatism, Israel, capitalism, state rights.

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 02, 2015

Postby Khasinkonia » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:41 pm

Susanne Caroline M. Kiser

When the snake first appeared, Susanne felt herself tense up. Snakes, were, of course, generally quite dangerous. Then she remembered this was but a class. An educational exercise. And, if she recalled, teachers were expected, if perhaps not legally, to prevent their students from becoming injured, particularly with regards to outright dying. There was nothing to worry about, hopefully.

Nonetheless, it was best to follow the professor’s instructions to the T. Or really, just remember how one ought to behave around others one dislikes, according to the time tested rules of high etiquette. Stiff upper lip, chin up, back straight, arms clasped together gently, and feet together. Look your conversation mate, or in this case, educational serpent, directly in the eye, and either hold the stoic frown, or give a small smile. But never a scowl or other expression which portrays strong emotions, except where a positive reaction is considered appropriate, such as at a particularly celebratory event, or in wake of excellent news.

The snake, in this case, was no different than a particularly difficultly unpleasant acquaintance. Truly, it was. Hopefully, it would react the same. If she followed all the expectations she repeated mentally to herself for stature, and gave a certain look in her eyes, most things on earth that were either as stubborn or naive as her dog, Brandon, or perhaps, as it seemed, this very serpent, she could convey very clearly a desire for them to leave her be, without having to outright say it, as such a thing would be rude.

Not that she minded, at least for her dog, not getting or ignoring the message, as Diantha was a rather pleasant creature, so easygoing, in fact, that the little dog, as far as Susanne could hear, hadn’t even bothered to take notice of the giant serpent, though this could perhaps be due to the fact that the dog had dozed off in Susanne’s arms on the way to class, and had been laying down at the foot of her desk. Probably still sleeping. Going the extra mile to make the dog well-trained, and picking her for docility as well as looks were undeniably godsends nowadays, as it made bringing the dog around as simple as bringing an extra bag, essentially. Thank goodness the teachers were fairly relaxed. So relaxed, that this one summoned a venomous snake as a “fun” little opener. So be it.

Hothnia
Minister

Founded: Mar 28, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Hothnia » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:51 pm

Segral wrote:Ed Wilson

Ed was snapped out of his stupor by some other girl next to him. She was also pressed against the wall, like him, and she had a strange accent to her voice. One that turned the into ze. Supposedly, her name was Hallia. He blinked slightly at the torrent of questions she threw at him, before answering.

"Glad to meet you, m'name's Edward. But, Ed or Eddie works too. Actually, I prefer Ed. As for what I'm doing? Not much, trying not to get my ass trampled by the never-ending stream of students." He let off a slight grin. "So, Hallia, I think the real question is, what are you doing?"

Hallia Rezokov

Hallia gave an upward glance at the taller boy. She didn't normally like being asked these kinds of questions, and there was no difference here. " Zhat is not really a question, I'm obviously standing here talking to you. So, Edvard, you have no classes next? Or are you still vaiting for people to pass to get to your class?" Hallia threw her hair over her shoulder and slipped the coin she was still holding in her hand into her pocket. " Vhere are you from?"

Goustavia
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 15, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Goustavia » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:38 pm

Cosmalia wrote:"Here is the exercise: you must convey to the snake an aura of calm and collectedness and transmit that aura through telepathic imaging. If the snake senses any other emotions, anger, fear, nervousness, tension, etc., it will perceive those negative emotions and attack you. Work as a group if you'd like, but the snake will only let you return to your seats once it is placated." Leorgan smiled. "I would recommend maintaining your breathing in this situation. Everyone else, feel free to take notes on their performance."

Salvador Cross

Leaving book bag on his carpet, he nervously steps up to the man but as he sits down the calm aura radiating from the professor begins to settle him. As instructed he attempts to adjust his mind to the whole of the classroom. Dolmar, who rests on Salvador's shoulders senses something from within the teacher's cloak. As it is soon revealed to be the imposing serpent the much smaller and half as deadly snake freezes in natural instinct. Salvador hears the hisses coming from the center of the voluntary semi-circle and feels the instinctual halt in the reptile laying across his shoulders. The knowledge of attention drawn away from him and to the snake before him is comforting and with the direction of the professor he attempts to keep breathing calmly. If the insecure student weren't in the meditative state he was he would most certainly be dead by now but as his focus moved away from the threats around his he could not feel any more free. He hopes the others feel the same way he does lest there be one less student at this school. Wouldn't be a shame to die on the first day of university?
I exist. Maybe.

Novas Arcanum
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Novas Arcanum » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:48 am

Brandon smiled and said “Thank you so much Professor! See you soon.”

Rushing out he made his way off of campus and into the center of Daria. Looking around he found the Alchemy shop and went inside saying “Hello? Mrs. Rosebinder? Your daughter, Professor Rosebinder sent me here saying you could sell me some ingredients for a Flask of Kindness potion.”

Mara was an old woman who had an air of wisdom surrounding her being.She wore simple green witch robes,a pointy hat and smelled of a plethora of potions and ingredients.

"Right here's all of the alchemical ingredients I have for sale".

Sunflower 25x: 4 C

Poison Ivy 25x: 4 C

Snakeroot 25x: 4 C

Eye of Newt 20x: 5 C

Ice Sands 20x: 5 C

Fire Sands 20x: 5 C

Ember Flower 20xs:5 C

Helenium 20x: 5 C

Salmonberries 15x: 8 C

Toad Lilies 15x: 8 C

Lilac 15x: 8 C

Mushrooms 15x: 10 C

Unicorn Dust 8x: 75 C

Phoenix Feathers 5x: 120 C

Black Pearl 3x: 300 C

Dragon Scales 1x: 500 C

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:12 am

Brandon Kiser

Brandon smiled and said can I purchase this stuff please? Brandon was glad money was no obstacle. It meant he could afford to make extra. Plus with an extra snakeroot and a little bit of the person wanting the love, he knew it would turn into a love potion.

10 Salmonberries
8 Snakeroot
5 Helenium
15 toadlillies

He handed her the list.

Novas Arcanum
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Novas Arcanum » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:07 pm

Mara looked Brandon in the eye like he was crazy and pointed to the inventory behind him.

"You bring the ingredients and pay for them it's that simple"

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:10 pm

Novas Arcanum wrote:Mara looked Brandon in the eye like he was crazy and pointed to the inventory behind him.

"You bring the ingredients and pay for them it's that simple"

Brandon Kiser

“Oh sorry ma’am.” Blushing slightly he turned around and grabbed the ingredients loading them into his bag before going over the math and counting out the money. Putting it on the counter he smiled and said “Thank you!”

Then he left and ran back towards the university. He knew who he had to find. He made his way for Mysticism class.

Segral
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 06, 2017

Postby Segral » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:12 pm

Hothnia wrote:
Hallia Rezokov

Hallia gave an upward glance at the taller boy. She didn't normally like being asked these kinds of questions, and there was no difference here. " Zhat is not really a question, I'm obviously standing here talking to you. So, Edvard, you have no classes next? Or are you still vaiting for people to pass to get to your class?" Hallia threw her hair over her shoulder and slipped the coin she was still holding in her hand into her pocket. " Vhere are you from?"

Ed chuckled a bit. "You're quite the snowflake, aren't you?" He then grinned. "Take it as a compliment. As for what I'm waiting for...I was going to go sit in the Mysticism class, but...y'know, having second thoughts. Stuff like that isn't really my forte. As for where I'm from? Born and raised in Daria, my mum and dad own a shop here. Except, it's not doing so well right now. But, you don't wanna here me blather and moan."

He took a deep breath. "So...where are you from?"
yea bro idk

Cosmalia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Aug 16, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Cosmalia » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:44 am

Auphelia wrote:Ruth.

Khasinkonia wrote:Susanne.

Goustavia wrote:Salvador.

Camelone wrote:Arthfael.

The snake began to inspect them. It leaned forward, inches from each students faces, and coasted from one to the next. It slunk its way over Ruths neck, its scales brushing against her throat as if to check for a pulse. It seemed to see

Ruth seemed not to notice much at all, and the other two were at least mostly composed. But one of these was not like the other. It passed Arthfael, but then stopped. It bared its fangs slightly, sensing a bit of unease and readiness for aggression. It peered closely, inching nearer and nearer, until its flicking tongue could be felt against his nose and the reflection of his face could be seen in its cold, intelligent eyes. The world held its breath.

The snake considered him a moment longer, then hissed in an uproar that shook the room. At this, seemingly satisfied, it lowered its head to the floor and slithered back to Leorgan, creeping its way up his leg and torso and resting over his shoulders. Leorgan brushed his forefinger against its nose gingerly. "Very good. You have successfully convinced him of your trustworthiness. As you may have noticed, controlling your focus in times of tension is much more difficult than when you are in moments of isolation. Even now, this was but a small exercise. After all,this time you had at least the consolation that I might come and save you had things gone wrong, or that there might not have been a threat at all." He paused, smiling. "Only one of those things was ever true actually, however. Feel free to decide which."

He motioned for the volunteers to return to their respective cushions. "Regardless of how true they were you could use these thought for comfort, and as a way to maintain focus. This is called a cogientum, otherwise known as a mental anchor. It is something, whether it be a belief system, memory, oath, dedication or thought pattern that one uses in mysticism to maintain focus. Someone may have a profound commitment to completing a certain task and this helps them focus when that task is put in jeopardy. Those who are religious often find that their faiths can be used as conduits of their will when in need of inner calm. You can even develop mental exercises to change the way you perceive reality for a short period of time. This is extremely important in mental combat, which is why we will go into the nature of the cogientum later in the week. Remember, You will not always have someone else for reassurance, and not every cogientum will help you maintain your will in every situation. Sometimes, thinking happy thoughts makes things worse for you."

"Until then, we will spend the rest of class in meditation. You will focus on finding a base cogientum that you will bring to the next class. Focus on not just that which makes you content, but also that which makes you uncomfortable or agitated, that which forces you to move. You must find the part of you that drives your actions and makes you who you are. At first you will find comfort in basic things. A lovable memory, a long time commitment. Even this can be difficult to channel, and you may not even find answers in your findings today. True self knowledge takes many, many years to truly master or understand. Some go their entire lives without having this task complete. You must experience grueling mental pain and toil in order to fully know yourself, but knowledge comes with time. Be warned though, students. Once you take this journey it may not take the turn you thought it would. You may not always like what you find within yourself..."
** THIS POST IS LEGAL PROPERTY OF THE COSMALIAN CORPORATE CONFEDERACY™ **

_[' ]_
(-_Q) If you support Capitalism put this in your Signature!

Novas Arcanum
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Novas Arcanum » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:14 pm

LUNCH/STUDY BREAK

The bell soon rang, and the college students poured out of their respective school buildings.Everyone rushed to lunch or to chill out in their dormitory, you hear rumors of a raging keg party going off in Daria, but such social events filled with alcohol and drugs may scare off the more introverted among you.Even more interesting are rumors, conspiracy theories that run like wildfire amongst the youth of this school.Rebels preach of necromancers walking in broad daylight, of Revan concealing secrets amongst students.Young wizards and witches blood hot with the passions of youth joined in protests demanding the Ministry release information on the whereabouts of Lord Moloch, of the individuals who have gone missing across the wizarding world, and strange eldritch symbols etched in the dark...

"I hear the Dark Lord, recruits those who have committed the sin of murder, in his name,"A wizard whispers to his friend."Is it true then? Has Moloch arisen from the ashes?" His friend asks. The wizard smirks and laughs "Oh so you believe in this nonsense? Well yes, I thought you already knew but Moloch is alive and well, and he's going to devour our souls, like in the days of yore! Oh, gods help us we're doomed doomed!" The wizard cackled as he mocked his friend.The skies soon darkened, and the school was drenched in autumn rain.

Twenty five minutes later...College of Restoration

"Out of the way! Out of the goddamn bloody way!" Dorian shouted has he pushed the students to get to the center of the college

"Gods help us all," The old wizard said as he stared at her. Zodia laid dead, a shriveled up corpse, black veins crossed her dead skin like a spider web, but perhaps most frightening of all was the grinning skull that rested on the center of her forehead a knife cracked through the center."Professor is it true?" A frightened student asked"I believe we all know the answer to that child," Dorian said bewildered."All of you return to your dormitories the University is closed for today!"Some of the students cried as they stared into Zodias' cold dead eyes, they soon returned to their rooms but an air of terror and griminess hanged over the entire school.

Dorian stared at Zodia, sorrow painted his face, he felt great pain has he extended his staff, and Zodias' body was vaporized, but nothing could be left behind for him.He then raised his staff and casted a master level spell, a powerful golden forcefield surrounded the corrupted school, blocking anyone else from entering.A raven cawed from a tree and watched Dorian intensely. The raven swooped from the tree and turned into Headmistress Revan Ravenheart.

"Are we alone?" Revan asked. "Yes the entire school is shut down," Dorian said. "We can no longer ignore the threat that he poses you know?He has gained substantial power since the crisis, and it will not be long before his actions grow even bolder" She said with emphasis in the end."You and I both know that the Ministry will not support direct action, we must act behind the curtains" Dorian said in a depressed tone.
Revan sighed in agreement.Dorian stared back at Zodia."Such a shame, she was a great teacher, and will not be forgotten," He said staring at her ashes. Revan stared at Zodias ashes coldly, calculating what needed to be done.

"Her loss will not be in vain," Revan said and transformed into a raven flying into the sky and disappearing into the stormy clouds.

Dorian stayed a little longer contemplating the future.

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:27 pm

Brandon Kiser

Brandon looked around the crowd of people until he spotted Ruth. Making his way over to her her gently grabbed her shoulder and said “Ruth, follow me please.” Grabbing her hand he led her towards the living area and to his apartment where he opened the door and went inside before turning to her and saying “Two things. First let’s make that connection between our apartments. Two I need you to brew me something.”

Auphelia
Minister

Founded: Jan 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:51 pm

Brandon looked around the crowd of people until he spotted Ruth. Making his way over to her her gently grabbed her shoulder and said “Ruth, follow me please.” Grabbing her hand he led her towards the living area and to his apartment where he opened the door and went inside before turning to her and saying “Two things. First let’s make that connection between our apartments. Two I need you to brew me something.”

Ruth had been trying to make it to the entrance of her private rooms when Brandon had grabbed her and dragged her into his suite. He then turned to her and demanded she connect their apartments and brew him a potion.

"What? Brew you something?" Ruth was quite confused. She had been expecting to connect their apartments sometime today, but Brandon asking her help brewing a potion had thrown her through a loop. After years of ignoring her and snubbing her at parties and banquets, now he had suddenly turned up the friend factor to the top level. I suppose it's better than being ignored, at any rate.

"What do you need me to make you, and why? Wait, do you even have the ingredients?" Leave it to Brandon to completely forget about the practical needs of alchemy. So many just thought you could toss in random things and just chant words to make a potion. Rather, potion making is more precise, closer to baking than magic. Ruth began to rummage through her bag for any ingredients and walked towards an empty space in Brandon's wall to make a door to her suites. "I might have some ingredients in here, and if not, I should have plenty in my rooms."
6 Term Local Councillor of the South Pacific
The Grand Dame of Deliciously, Despicably Dastardly Deeds and Devilishly Deranged Doings

Condemned for Being the Baddest Old Biddy
SC #307

Kyrusia wrote:...This one. This one is clever. I like this one.

Charlia wrote:You, I like.

You're entertaining. And your signature makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the insiiii--

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:58 pm

Brandon Kiser

“I have plenty of what we need. I need a thing of Flask of Kindness. I have enough to make several but I only need one so you can use the rest for whatever.” Opening his bag he showed her the ingredients and said “Now can you make that doorway into your apartment so we can get going? Thank you so much for doing this.”

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 02, 2015

Postby Khasinkonia » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:30 pm

Susanne Caroline M. Kiser

So the topic of knowing oneself came up, and meditation. If everyone was to be sitting still with their eyes closed for the rest of class, Susanne was at least going to have Diantha in her lap and pet the dog. Loving memories, dreams, commitments, and the like seemed to be the teacher’s recommended topics to ponder upon. So that’s what she ought. Brandon, Sarah, and others in the family. Did she love them? Maybe, probably. At least that was what she understood ought to be the case.

Liking, was another matter. Brandon, bless his heart, albeit reluctantly, wouldn’t leave Susanne to her business, and as well seemed to make a point of overshadowing her with his elaborate stunts and vibrant social functions. Evidently, he’d gotten the free spirit of the two of them, and she was fine with that. Hopefully he’d get over himself and just leave her to her business, and keep with his own.

Sarah, was, perhaps, less of an immediate bother, but Susanne still preferred her own dog to her elder sister. Not excessively promiscuous, maybe, but it wouldn’t hurt to cover up a bit more. Other than that, perhaps tolerable. Both of her elder siblings were tolerable. Usually. Today’s smack wasn’t helping a particular one of their cases. And he wondered why she didn’t particularly care for his presence.

All of her old friends, many of whom Susanne still kept correspondence with, were of a similar strain to her, that being rather well composed and properly behaved in public. The conversations could become a bit blasé, but they were certainly better than the sludge enunciated by others her age...

And before she knew it, class was over. Letting one’s mind drift about did prove rather pleasant, both for simply disconnecting from the immediate surroundings, and for providing some well-needed time to organise thoughts and ideas in peace. It was lunchtime, anyway. Perhaps it might be a nice day to eat at the cafeteria, and interact with some less temperamental sorts, if by good fortune they happened to be around.

It was pouring down outside, and there being cover proved quite a good thing that day, as the path to the cafeteria made the trip relatively dry. One of the times where it was nice to walk at such a leisurely pace was when all the others made a mad dash for the exit. It made keeping track of Diantha, belongings, and orientation in campus a breeze.

Auphelia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:22 pm

“I have plenty of what we need. I need a thing of Flask of Kindness. I have enough to make several but I only need one so you can use the rest for whatever.” Opening his bag he showed her the ingredients and said “Now can you make that doorway into your apartment so we can get going? Thank you so much for doing this.”

"Oh . . . thank you." Ruth wan't sure what to say. Brandon was prepared? He was saying thank you? "Let's . . . erm . . . go, uh, then."

Ruth got out her wand and waved it in the direction of the nearest patch of empty wall. A golden outline began to glow, and two ornate wooden doors appeared. They opened into a long hallway, with floors of pure white marble and finely carved walls made of marble and wood. The ceiling appeared to be covered in a fine layer of silver, with intricate carvings of historical events and members of the Mulder family. Ruth began to head down the hallway, past paintings, displayed artefacts, and tapestries. She gestured for Brandon to follow her. After about twenty metres the hallway ended, which was odd, as it didn't seem to have an end when they began walking. There was now a blank patch of wall with a dial off to the left, like one might find in an old bank vault. Ruth began to turn the dial, and as she did, hundreds of rooms began to flash by. Gigantic libraries, small studies, brightly lit bedrooms and dark basements filled with potions. There were also a fair number of grey stoned rooms filled with silver and gold.

"Your rooms may all be out in the open, with the option to add or get rid of certain ones. My rooms are all accessible through only one door. For every Mulder that has gone to the University, a set of rooms has been added, to suit their needs. It's really fun. Sometimes I mess up the combination for my room and end up in someone's bank vault, since this is also connected to the my family's bank system." Ruth blanched and glanced nervously at Brandon, as she continued to turn the dial. She quickly focused on the dial, trying to get to her room as quickly as possible. Father told me to never tell anyone, and here I go blabbing the minute someone comes along. Normally you can't say a word, the next thing you know you are practically BEGGING to be robbed!

"Ah! Here we . . . erm . . . go. This is mine." Ruth suddenly stopped turning the dial, settling on a delicate silver door studded with pearls and sapphires. She pressed her hand to it and it swung open to reveal a large rotunda made of white marble. Stretching seven stories up to a crystal dome, with balconies ringing around the edge, half of it was filled with rows and rows of books, nearly a quarter seemed to be teeming with rack of drying herbs, bottles of ingredients, growing plants, and the rest covered in a few spread out doors, Ruth's private rooms. At the centre of the rotunda was a silver platform perhaps three three metres in diameter, hovering a few millimetres above the ground. Stepping onto the statue, and gesturing for Brandon to follow, Ruth mentally signalled for the platform to rise. Gently floating upwards, the platform rose to the third level. A walkway extended from the balcony of the third level, and Ruth briskly walked across. I wonder if Brandon is impressed.

Walking three doors to the right of where the walkway connected, Ruth slowly opened a small wooden door, just tall enough for her small frame. Inside, the room was made of roughly hewn stone block, with a small window near the ceiling on the far wall. A table on the right was covered with vials and pouches, copper cauldrons, and books on alchemy. On the left was a row of shelves, some designed to hold racks of potions and ingredients and some designed to hold books. Sleeping in the centre of the room was a giant tortoise.

"Welcome to my favourite workshop. So . . . erm . . . you wanted a Vial of Lo - - no . . . oh, right, a Flask of Kindness! Okay, put the ingredients on the table and I will get started." Ruth hurriedly started clearing off the table on the right. "Can you fill the large copper cauldron - no, not, to the left, yes, that one - with water?"
The Grand Dame of Deliciously, Despicably Dastardly Deeds and Devilishly Deranged Doings

SC #307

You're entertaining. And your signature makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the insiiii--

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:33 pm

Brandon Kiser

Brandon smiled and said "This is a really cool apartment Ruth." He pulled out all of the ingredients saying there is way more than enough here. I wanted to be sure though." Walking over to the kettle he waved his wand and soon water had filled it up. Turning back to her he said "So um.... now what Ruth?" He looked over her for a second. She may not be a super curvy woman but she was still pretty and had some, albeit slight, curves to her. Brandon actually fought back a smile remembering how he had acted mean to her because he liked her but was already to afraid she would find out. Ah the good and innocent days of childhood.

Auphelia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:50 pm

Brandon smiled and said "This is a really cool apartment Ruth." He pulled out all of the ingredients saying there is way more than enough here. I wanted to be sure though." Walking over to the kettle he waved his wand and soon water had filled it up. Turning back to her he said "So um.... now what Ruth?"

"Oh. If I remember correctly, we have to add . . . oh, I have a book on it somewhere . . ." Ruth turned to the shelves and started peering at the spines, looking for a specific book. There! "Here we go. Now, the Flask of Kindness is . . . page 113 . . . ah! Ahem:

Pour water into the cauldron, stir carefully with the spoon then pour the ingredients in order. Once the brew shines a bright purplish colour that is when it is complete.Let it cool for 30 minutes afterwards.

2x salmonberries

1x Snakeroot

1x Helenium

3x Toad Lily

Well then. Let's get started."

Ruth began to work, precisely and methodically going through the steps to make a Flask of Kindness. After nearly fifteen straight minutes of stirring, the brew had changed from a bright green to purple almost instantly, and Ruth had to quickly stir once counter clockwise to stop it from turning blood red.

"Now, we have to wait for thirty minutes for it to cool down and set. If I did it right, it should be the consistency of oil." Without anything to do, Ruth went over to and sat down on her giant tortoise.

SC #307

Hothnia
Minister

Founded: Mar 28, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Hothnia » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:54 pm

Segral wrote:
Hothnia wrote:
Hallia Rezokov

Ed chuckled a bit. "You're quite the snowflake, aren't you?" He then grinned. "Take it as a compliment. As for what I'm waiting for...I was going to go sit in the Mysticism class, but...y'know, having second thoughts. Stuff like that isn't really my forte. As for where I'm from? Born and raised in Daria, my mum and dad own a shop here. Except, it's not doing so well right now. But, you don't wanna here me blather and moan."

He took a deep breath. "So...where are you from?"

Hallia Rezokov

Hallia narrowed her eyes. " Vhat exactly do you mean by snowflake? Zhat I'm soft? Zhat I'm weak? I vill beat your ass any day!"

Hallia, still slightly annoyed by Edward's comment, forced herself to move on past the snowflake piece. " Soo..... You're a native? Zhat is cool, I guess. I'm from zhe Ukraine, specifically near Kiev. In case you didn't know, it's an Eastern European nation, bordering Russia." Hallia grimaced. " You're lucky to have family. All my relatives are dead." Hallia placed her hand on the boys shoulder and rubbed it back and forth. " So....Vhat is wrong with your mothers shop?"

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:03 pm

Auphelia wrote:

Brandon smiled and said "This is a really cool apartment Ruth." He pulled out all of the ingredients saying there is way more than enough here. I wanted to be sure though." Walking over to the kettle he waved his wand and soon water had filled it up. Turning back to her he said "So um.... now what Ruth?"

"Oh. If I remember correctly, we have to add . . . oh, I have a book on it somewhere . . ." Ruth turned to the shelves and started peering at the spines, looking for a specific book. There! "Here we go. Now, the Flask of Kindness is . . . page 113 . . . ah! Ahem:

Pour water into the cauldron, stir carefully with the spoon then pour the ingredients in order. Once the brew shines a bright purplish colour that is when it is complete.Let it cool for 30 minutes afterwards.

2x salmonberries

1x Snakeroot

1x Helenium

3x Toad Lily

Well then. Let's get started."

Ruth began to work, precisely and methodically going through the steps to make a Flask of Kindness. After nearly fifteen straight minutes of stirring, the brew had changed from a bright green to purple almost instantly, and Ruth had to quickly stir once counter clockwise to stop it from turning blood red.

"Now, we have to wait for thirty minutes for it to cool down and set. If I did it right, it should be the consistency of oil." Without anything to do, Ruth went over to and sat down on her giant tortoise.

Brandon Kiser

"Awesome!" Finding a seat on a nearby couch he looked around before saying "So haw have you been since we last saw each other. I think it was when we were 14 and it was at my parents Christmas ball. You wore a nice blue dress if I remember. Blue really brings out your eyes by the way." Dammit Brandon stop flirting. She probably still hates you for being an ass when you were younger

Auphelia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:11 pm

"Awesome!" Finding a seat on a nearby couch he looked around before saying "So haw have you been since we last saw each other. I think it was when we were 14 and it was at my parents Christmas ball. You wore a nice blue dress if I remember. Blue really brings out your eyes by the way."

ERROR ERROR DOES NOT COMPUTE.

Ruth wasn't quite sure she was thinking clearly. Had Brandon Kiser just complimented her? However, the effect was somewhat undercut by the fact that they had last seen each other three months ago at the ball the Kiser family had hosted to celebrate Brandon getting into the University.

"I . . . I . . . er . . . well . . . um . . ." Just speak! "No." Not so negative! "Yes." Don't sound like a self-obsessed weirdo! "I saw you a few months ago. Your ball. Getting into there, which is now here. University." Maybe you should just shut up now.

SC #307

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:17 pm

Auphelia wrote:

"Awesome!" Finding a seat on a nearby couch he looked around before saying "So haw have you been since we last saw each other. I think it was when we were 14 and it was at my parents Christmas ball. You wore a nice blue dress if I remember. Blue really brings out your eyes by the way."

ERROR ERROR DOES NOT COMPUTE.

Ruth wasn't quite sure she was thinking clearly. Had Brandon Kiser just complimented her? However, the effect was somewhat undercut by the fact that they had last seen each other three months ago at the ball the Kiser family had hosted to celebrate Brandon getting into the University.

"I . . . I . . . er . . . well . . . um . . ." Just speak! "No." Not so negative! "Yes." Don't sound like a self-obsessed weirdo! "I saw you a few months ago. Your ball. Getting into there, which is now here. University." Maybe you should just shut up now.

Brandon Kiser

Brandon smiled and gave a chuckle saying "Pardon me. I don't know how I could've forgotten. I guess it was just such a rush. now that I think about it I believe I remember you. You had on a white dress. That looked excellent on you as well but I am sure you hear that with anything you decide to wear."

Good one dumb ass. If she didn't hate you before she obviously does now. How could you forget her in that dress? She doesn't have an overabundance of curves but that dress certainly highlighted the modest curves she does have. You were almost drooling when you saw her but your still too scared to admit you had a crush on her since you were 7.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse