NATION

PASSWORD

New Civilizations [OOC | Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Kelmet
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 07, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kelmet » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:53 am

G-Tech Corporation wrote:
Kelmet wrote:I get your point, maybe just Eurasia then? Or Europe+ the Mediterranean and middle east.

Mm, I'd hate to restrict any historical zones of civilization, like Mesoamerica and the Chinese river basins.

Including those plus the stuff I added before you still cut out a good chunk of the world.
Call me Kel
Captain US Army Intelligence

Co-OP and OP Experience

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:54 am

Kelmet wrote:
Mm, I'd hate to restrict any historical zones of civilization, like Mesoamerica and the Chinese river basins.

Including those plus the stuff I added before you still cut out a good chunk of the world.

Sure, sure. But I don't think cutting out Finland et al. will be an issue- we've had a lot of people join in nonsensical places and then fail to get anything done.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Kelmet
Powerbroker

Postby Kelmet » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:25 am

Kelmet wrote:Including those plus the stuff I added before you still cut out a good chunk of the world.

Sure, sure. But I don't think cutting out Finland et al. will be an issue- we've had a lot of people join in nonsensical places and then fail to get anything done.

I know, i would just wouldn't like to see players options limited even tho I understand why.
Call me Kel

Co-OP and OP Experience

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:30 am

I don't like cutting up the world so much, I mean it forces and promotes character interaction and activity but then it limits possibilities and creativity to a character trying to be established somewhere else like the New World or Russia.

I mean I know where I'm landing is probably going to be heavily contested but that's me in my land.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:35 am

Kelmet wrote:

I know, i would just wouldn't like to see players options limited even tho I understand why.

Ralnis wrote:I don't like cutting up the world so much, I mean it forces and promotes character interaction and activity but then it limits possibilities and creativity to a character trying to be established somewhere else like the New World or Russia.

I mean I know where I'm landing is probably going to be heavily contested but that's me in my land.

Yeah, I understand those concerns- but, unfortunately, I am going to take them under advisement and limit Author landing areas anyway. The idea of very solitary writing series relies on committed writers with lots of time, and though I appreciate the work people have put in over the years, I'm not going to limit the RP's potential to gain new participants in order to avoid too much change :blush:

At any rate, the new OOC lives!

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=441668
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Republic of the Cristo
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of the Cristo » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:14 am

G-Tech Corporation wrote:Alright, so I'm working on the new OOC, and I had a thought: should spawns be limited to specific geographical areas for a time, to promote player interaction? Say, North Africa, the Middle East, Eastern China, and Mesopotamia?

I find this desirable.
Orthodox Christian, Nationalist, Reactionary, Stoic

(2 Kings 2:23-25): you won't be dissappointed

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:38 pm

Kelmet wrote:So we will have 10-15 years of backstory to build up our character and civ?

Well, Conner will still be up in Denmark.

Pax Nerdvana wrote:Ok. That sounds good. Am I allowed to stick with the same character, but maybe change locations?

Sure. In the timeframe we’re returning to, your Author has yet to land.

Wait, will Turner still be in North America, or can I spawn somewhere else?
Last edited by The Orson Empire on Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:44 pm

The Orson Empire wrote:
Well, Conner will still be up in Denmark.

Sure. In the timeframe we’re returning to, your Author has yet to land.

Wait, will Turner still be in North America, or can I spawn somewhere else?

Well, you landed twenty? thirty? years into the original RP, so Turner isn’t landed yet, no. Neither is Jeb, for that matter.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue May 29, 2018 3:18 am

So, I’m considering running a hard reboot of this, with the addition of some vaguely fantastical elements. Mainly bloodlines, pseudo-magic or straight sorcerous abilities of “functional magic” that are attendant to lineages from Authors, as was discussed many moons ago some time during this RP.

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Founded: May 22, 2017

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Tue May 29, 2018 4:44 am

G-Tech Corporation wrote:So, I’m considering running a hard reboot of this, with the addition of some vaguely fantastical elements. Mainly bloodlines, pseudo-magic or straight sorcerous abilities of “functional magic” that are attendant to lineages from Authors, as was discussed many moons ago some time during this RP.

How come?
The Internet killed gun control.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
They can’t stop the Signal
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."
-Hurtful Thoughts on stuff you want in a gun

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Tue May 29, 2018 5:31 am

G-Tech Corporation wrote:So, I’m considering running a hard reboot of this, with the addition of some vaguely fantastical elements. Mainly bloodlines, pseudo-magic or straight sorcerous abilities of “functional magic” that are attendant to lineages from Authors, as was discussed many moons ago some time during this RP.

Dont have much of a problem with this, but a reboot tugs my heartsrings everytime. I mainly despise starting over, but I will tolerate it since I love this rp to much to give up.
Name: Ted
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.
I M P E R I A LR E P U B L I C

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue May 29, 2018 6:23 am

Pax Nerdvana wrote:

How come?

Frankly, the last attempt at injecting life into the RP failed pretty hard. And with a soft reboot/continuation, new Authors will be relevant without discarding existing story.

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Tue May 29, 2018 6:24 am

Pax Nerdvana wrote:How come?

Frankly, the last attempt at injecting life into the RP failed pretty hard. And with a soft reboot/continuation, new Authors will be relevant without discarding existing story.

I see.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."

Kelmet
Powerbroker

Postby Kelmet » Tue May 29, 2018 10:22 am

I was a little confused when I logged in and saw two OOC's with new posts.

Interesting, how can I help?
Call me Kel

Co-OP and OP Experience

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Founded: May 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The GAmeTopians » Wed May 30, 2018 9:49 am

I don't have a problem with a reboot, as I was only one post in anyway :p
Empire of Donner land wrote:EHEG don't stop for no one.
It's like your a prostitute and the RP is a truck. The truck don't stop.

Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Wed May 30, 2018 10:57 am

The GAmeTopians wrote:I don't have a problem with a reboot, as I was only one post in anyway :p

Yeah, I was only two posts in.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse