NATION

PASSWORD

New Civilizations [OOC | Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Olog-Hai
Negotiator

Founded: May 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Olog-Hai » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:24 am

Labstoska wrote:Hey there would it be alright if I began experimenting with steam power, because I know the principles of how it works but I'm not sure how to build one however that's what experimenting is for.

That's what I did...
Think it took me at least 20 years, maybe more?
It appears I'm an INTP-T. You're not gonna get much more about me.
Wenglesy wrote:Might as well submit now to the obviously superior forces of Legyon fun Genital.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:27 am

Holy Tedalonia wrote:I'm considering a concept idea, but I haven't really developed it. If there are "magic powers" I'd want it to relate to Immortality. A good example is quantum break where the protagonist/player is given time travel powers rather than becoming a magi pope.

@ G-Tech, would you consider this? I mean it'd be fine with the premise I'd assume.
Name: Ted
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.
I M P E R I A LR E P U B L I C

Revlona
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 23, 2017
Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:29 am

There are more people voting than there are in this RP
Lover of doggos

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:30 am

Revlona wrote:There are more people voting than there are in this RP

Damn trolls
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:45 am

Revlona wrote:
Ralnis wrote:What does your Cult entail except you being a god of justice?

They don't actually see him as a god, they see him as the prophet of god, the one who speaks with his voice.

But thats pretty much it, they feel it's there duty to dispense "Justice" where ever they are

Robert started it, but it kinda spiraled out of control forcing him to reign it in, he brought about 10 cultist with him when he deserted, and they have grown to about 200 in total.

The rest of the cultist are spreading throughout france and the Imperium carefully, awaiting his return

Then this would be something the Senate would be able to get behind and vote in favor of an alliance.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Skarten
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:48 am

Skarten wrote:
G-Tech Corporation wrote:
"In general" "people" "seem" "I don't think" are all fiercely subjective statements, which is the precise reason why I asked you to clarify what you meant by "People". As far as I am aware, those Authors who have striven for power in their respective states have not only taken (ICly and OOCly) time to do so, but also written informative and creative posts detailing how they are going about gaining that power. That is why I am loathe to hand Yaroshima control of the Confederacy, primarily.

It is not axiomatic in this RP that your Author will gain political power. Nor that any rise to power will be unopposed- of course, really. Remember, we are RPing people from the future, ourselves. People who, in the absence of being sent to the past, probably will never be anywhere near the seat of a government. Simply waiting does not entail strength. You have to tell us how you are struggling for that position, instead of adopting it merely by fiat.

IF I was a cruel OP, I would let you have your way. Yaroshima would try to seize power, without any particular direction or strategy, and his tribe would likely be crushed by her rivals within the confederation as his naked ambition became obvious for the other tribal entities to see. Without a plan, that is the likely outcome.

I am giving you an opportunity to RP a different outcome. It would be best if you take it.

@ Yatz: The entire population of Yamatzon that live in Yekrenia's capitol are unfailingly loyal, to the extent that they support their religion over their government?

*shrug* At this point I can calculate the difference in odds, but there's not much point in divulging them- if you keep modifying the plan, OOCly, until you seem like you will OOCly succeed, that's not really reflective of a strategy your Author would adopt, no?

A massive crowd of soldiers that likely cuts down the local law enforcement officers in the streets outside his house, of course. And any soldiers on patrol. Or his son in military garb who tries to halt their assault while home on leave from the frontlines with the Politburo. Probably the entire population won't take to the streets, but it is very doubtful that the people who live in the capitol of a nation will simply acquiesce to that nation being forcibly dissolved- assassination or outright assault.

This is no small part of my concern.

As I see it, magic is likely to be a relatively uninventive crutch that adds little to our stories save an "easy out". Instead of having to RP recruiting tribe members, an Author simply compels a tribal chieftain to join with their cause. Instead of developing defensive structures to hold back an encroaching horde, the Author simply summons a wall of mystical force to repel the attackers. Instead of convincing locals to fight alongside them despite casualties and the maiming of family and friends through logic and a cause worth dying for, the Author simply heals any injuries their allies suffer.

Magic doesn't necessarily add anything to the plot, and more likely detracts from it, in my mind.

That said, I will put up a poll, just for you Rev.

Now,i understand that.But,woudn't have something changed in the 15 Years?
At least,Yaroshima would've won an considerable amount of power within the Confederacy.

As in,way more than before the timeskip.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:50 am

Ralnis wrote:
Revlona wrote:
They don't actually see him as a god, they see him as the prophet of god, the one who speaks with his voice.

But thats pretty much it, they feel it's there duty to dispense "Justice" where ever they are

Robert started it, but it kinda spiraled out of control forcing him to reign it in, he brought about 10 cultist with him when he deserted, and they have grown to about 200 in total.

The rest of the cultist are spreading throughout france and the Imperium carefully, awaiting his return

Then this would be something the Senate would be able to get behind and vote in favor of an alliance.

I am the senate!

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:54 am

Ralnis wrote:
Revlona wrote:

Which part?
Lover of doggos

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:20 am

Holy Tedalonia wrote:
Ralnis wrote:Then this would be something the Senate would be able to get behind and vote in favor of an alliance.

I am the senate!

There can only be one Emperor Palpatine!

Revlona wrote:
Ralnis wrote:Then this would be something the Senate would be able to get behind and vote in favor of an alliance.

Which part?

The part where they can overlook the prophet-king stuff for realpolitik as the Imperium encroaches.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Duestchstien
Minister

Founded: Nov 15, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Duestchstien » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:08 pm

Duestchstien wrote:Full Name: Xue ZhenKang
Appearance:
Height and Weight: 5’ 9”
Religion: Bhuddist
Field of Expertise: (Optional- Please only fill out if you, IRL, are extremely knowledgeable about the area. Working with limitations and strengths of you in reality is part of the purpose of this RP. Most writers will leave this blank.)
Skills and Strengths: Smart, Quick Witted, Large Knowledge Base, Fast Runner
Weaknesses: Not Very Strong, Arogant, Anxious
Where in the world are you landing?: Shenzhen, China
RP Sample: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=403606&hilit=New+Civilizations

Is this accepted
National Info
Chancellor - Alexei Matrovitch
Vice Chancellor - Dmitri Zdunowo
Capital - Moscow
Population - 404.2 Million
Currency - Roys Ruble (₽)
Active RPs
2024: Age of Superpowers - Nigeria

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:10 pm

Duestchstien wrote:
Appearance:
Field of Expertise: (Optional- Please only fill out if you, IRL, are extremely knowledgeable about the area. Working with limitations and strengths of you in reality is part of the purpose of this RP. Most writers will leave this blank.)

Is this accepted

G's a lazy git. If I were you ataginize him constantly. He'll get it accepted eventually

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:28 pm

Ralnis wrote:
Holy Tedalonia wrote:I am the senate!

There can only be one Emperor Palpatine!

Revlona wrote:
Which part?

The part where they can overlook the prophet-king stuff for realpolitik as the Imperium encroaches.

Ah
Lover of doggos

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:05 pm

Revlona wrote:
Ralnis wrote:There can only be one Emperor Palpatine!

Ah

One thing we may ask is to put military bases on the Horn and patrol the Gulf of Aden.

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:11 pm

Ralnis wrote:
Revlona wrote:
Ah

One thing we may ask is to put military bases on the Horn and patrol the Gulf of Aden.

That is our sovereign territory
Lover of doggos

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:45 pm

Revlona wrote:
Ralnis wrote:One thing we may ask is to put military bases on the Horn and patrol the Gulf of Aden.

True, but Bob would be safer if you had some more help in case the Imperium comes down.

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:47 pm

Ralnis wrote:
Revlona wrote:

True, but Bob would be safer if you had some more help in case the Imperium comes down.

We would want some things in return
Lover of doggos

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:15 pm

The Holy Dominion of Inesea wrote:Hey Gs, how's my timeline?

Das gut, with one caveat- using gunpowder to breach the walls of Apollonia before the end of the timeskip would be breaking with precedent of "one timeskip to develop blackpowder", so you'll have to think of a different way to put down the revolt.

Appearance:

"Large knowledge base" is extremely nebulous, as is "smart". Perhaps you could specify? That would be excellent, thanks.

Skarten wrote:Now,i understand that.But,woudn't have something changed in the 15 Years?
At least,Yaroshima would've won an considerable amount of power within the Confederacy.

Sure. People are no doubt more acclimatized to the Confederacy sum total now, and less likely to leave it on a whim. But there's no real reason Yaroshima's relative power would have increased simply through the passage of time- if anything his power will be diffusing, as the other tribes within the Confederacy 'modernize' and adopt the things that formerly gave Yaroshima a power advantage.

Yatzatz wrote:No, I'd say out of the roughly 500 Yamatzon in the capital I can trust about 200 of them.
Well, my original plan was bringing in gear slowly, then men slowly, then charge. That's still my plan right now. My plan is bringing in 350 men over a one-year period to then charge the Council hall with gear stored in the city. Still basically the original plan.
Given that plan, can I have an odds estimate?

I did already quote you the odds of your initial plan- about a one-third chance of military success.

Labstoska wrote:Hey there would it be alright if I began experimenting with steam power, because I know the principles of how it works but I'm not sure how to build one however that's what experimenting is for.

Sure- the only thing we have any restrictions on really right now is blackpowder, though I will say that making a bronze boiler is going to be very expensive.

Holy Tedalonia wrote:I'm considering a concept idea, but I haven't really developed it. If there are "magic powers" I'd want it to relate to Immortality. A good example is quantum break where the protagonist/player is given time travel powers rather than becoming a magi pope.

...sorry, I'm not sure I follow. Could you rephrase that at all?

Revlona wrote:
Ralnis wrote:True, but Bob would be safer if you had some more help in case the Imperium comes down.

Hmm. That gives me an idea for my next post.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:18 pm

Revlona wrote:
Ralnis wrote:True, but Bob would be safer if you had some more help in case the Imperium comes down.

Whats that?
Lover of doggos

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:19 pm

Revlona wrote:
Revlona wrote:

Whats that?

1492, East Africa addition.

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:25 pm

Let me think of some things i would need in return and I'll pitch them to you
Lover of doggos

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:36 pm

Hey G-Tech, since Turner is now a Brightlord, would he be tattooed like all other Imperial citizens?

Duestchstien
Minister

Founded: Nov 15, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Duestchstien » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:38 pm

Appearance:
Skills and Strengths: Smart (He is skilled in the knowledge of history and the sciences), Quick Witted, Fast Runner

Is this sufficient?
National Info
Chancellor - Alexei Matrovitch
Vice Chancellor - Dmitri Zdunowo
Capital - Moscow
Population - 404.2 Million
Currency - Roys Ruble (₽)
Active RPs
2024: Age of Superpowers - Nigeria

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:42 pm

The Orson Empire wrote:Hey G-Tech, since Turner is now a Brightlord, would he be tattooed like all other Imperial citizens?

Wait what?
Lover of doggos

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:49 pm

Revlona wrote:Let me think of some things i would need in return and I'll pitch them to you

Alright but nothing too much.

Revlona wrote:
The Orson Empire wrote:Hey G-Tech, since Turner is now a Brightlord, would he be tattooed like all other Imperial citizens?

Wait what?

He's a tributary, but not a full blown colony.

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:50 pm

Ralnis wrote:
Revlona wrote:Let me think of some things i would need in return and I'll pitch them to you

Alright but nothing too much.

Revlona wrote:
Wait what?

He's a tributary, but not a full blown colony.

Well, you are asking to establish bases in my nation
Lover of doggos

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse