NATION

PASSWORD

Family Matters-IC

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 21, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Chewion » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:09 pm

Brandon Kiser

Brandon was shocked by the nastiness of his normally sweet and kind sister’s words. He couldn’t help but to stare at her with a hurt look on his face. He felt like Anna had just stuck a knife into his heart.

As Jackie backed him up he felt an anger rise at Anna trying to tell him to break up with the love of his life. Standing up he looked at Anna and said “I am not going to breakup with the love of my life. If you really cared about me you wouldn’t even try to force me into that.”

Looking at Josie, who was still curled up, he said “I am sorry Jojo. I love you.” He patted her on the back before turning and walking out behind Jackie. Outside the room he slid to the ground and just started crying.
Pro: America, guns, freedom, democracy, military, Trump, conservatism, Israel, capitalism, state rights.

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:24 pm

Johnathan Kiser

John smiled and hugged his nephew saying “It’s been far too long.” Just then he heard a knock on the front door. Saying “One second.” He went to the door and opened it seeing his dad and another nephew. This one looked near homeless. Stepping outside he said to him “What do you want?”
Pro: America, guns, freedom, democracy, military, Trump, conservatism, Israel, capitalism, state rights.

Segral
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 06, 2017

Postby Segral » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:16 pm

Larry Kiser

Larry chuckled as Grandad called out for Johnathan. "Ah, c'mon, Grandad," he sniggered out "I don't look that homeless. Just slightly".

It took quite some time before John showed up. Larry, by this point, was starting to become nervous. The last time John had seen him was when he was an eighteen year old drug addict who played in a punk rock band. Would he see him as a member of the family, would he see him as his nephew, or would he be that same drug addict to him? Soon, that question was answered when John showed up at the door with a not-so-pleased expression and the frosty greeting of "What do you want?". Larry started to become even more nervous. It was obvious John no longer respected or cared for him, and this may wind up as a massive monkey wrench in Larry's plan. Still, he had to push through, or his life would be destroyed.

"Hey...Uncle." he uttered out after a long silence. "It's...been a while. Three, four years I think? The kids were like, thirteen or fourteen. Wow." Another awkward silence persisted.

"OK, look...", he said as he glanced at Grandad Cyril. "I'm gonna cut to the chase. Since you last saw me, as you can see, things didn't go so well. Right now, I'm...evicted, and my parents can't really take me in right now. Can't sleep in my car either, that's repossessed. So...I need your help. I need to stay here, for just a while, until I can get back on my feet and get an apartment lined up. It'll just be a bit, I'm already applying for a job and everything. Please...I know I made some..bad choices, but I need your help, otherwise...I'm gonna be homeless." He gave a pleading look at John, praying that he would accept him.
yea bro idk

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:26 pm

John Kiser

John used his harm to lean against his closed door as he listened with a stern face to his nephew. He loved the kid but last time he saw him he had stolen a hundred dollars and Brandon’s Xbox. Still he was family

Making up his mind he looked Larry right in the eye and said “Tell you what. Cancel your job interview. I will help you by giving you a job, car, and a roof over your head. On a few conditions. First, you promise to me to stay clean. If you don’t stay clean I will boot you out in a heat beat. Second, you come and work for me at my company. Just some office work like filling papers and making copies but it pays decent. Third, you get a damn haircut and look presentable. Fourth, you abide by my house rules. You do that and I’ll give you your second chance.”

Kopyk
Attaché

Founded: Mar 15, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Kopyk » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:42 pm

Tatiana Crăciun
Kiser Mansion - Tatiana’s Bedroom

As she saw Jacqui and Brandon exit into the hallway, Tat ducked back into her bedroom. Thankfully, they didn’t see her.

She glanced at her phone, which did not contain a hilarious video of her family arguing, but rather, a pretty boring video of Brandon crying about his secret relationship. Tat sighed. She didn’t really like the guy - he was a Trump supporter, for god’s sake - but she felt bad for him. She knows what it’s like to have to hide a relationship from your family.

Tat opened up “cheeky nandHOES” and typed out a quick message to her friends.

- “sorry guys. they didn’t yell at each other, no video :(

She then returned to the camera roll, deleting the video. Sighing, she looked back out into the hallway, where Brandon was sitting on the floor, leaning against the wall, crying.

There were two courses of action here. One: She could return to her room, shut the door, and pretend like nothing happened. Two: She could… go comfort her cousin.

What’s the worst that could happen? She thought. Either he talks to me and lets me help him, or he tells me to fuck off.

If she was being honest, Tat wasn’t sure which of those things she would prefer.

Whatever. Might as well bite the bullet.

She slipped her phone into the back pocket of her jeans, and made her way into the hallway.

“Hey guys,” she said, cautiously. “Is everything okay?”
i don't use NS stats, check my factbook instead | this nation mostly reflects my political views

Segral
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 06, 2017

Postby Segral » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:05 pm

Larry Kiser

Larry finally drew breath after finishing his little plea for a roof over his head, but was quickly met with something greater; a job with Uncle John, a car, and a place to sleep. He couldn't believe it. He was dumbfounded that after all the crap he pitched the family though, how much he shamed them, after he stole money and Brandon's Xbox from them, John was still willing to give him a chance and a job. His eyes started to slowly well up in tears as he realized what was ahead of him. Sure, the haircut part was a little annoying, but it was that or live on the streets.

His voice cracked slightly as he managed to squeak out: "It's a deal sir." before quickly giving Uncle John a quick, tight hug. "Just...thank you. You're truly a great man." He picked up his luggage and guitar and stepped inside the house, closing the door behind him, and gave Grandad Cyril a quick wink.

"So...is there a spare bed, or will I have to couch-crash? I'm fine with both, by the way. Just wondering."
yea bro idk

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:43 pm

Cyril Kiser

Listening to the discussion made Cyril chuckle, and he really had no idea why.
"Stay clean?" ehe old man asked his son. "John...That's like telling me to stay sober. You can't just decide you're going to stay clean in a split-second decision, doesn't work like that. When you want someone to recover, you got to give them about a million chances; if he fucks up...hey he fucks up, I'm not above threatening some poor local business he's shoplifted that I'll make sure they're dead meat if they sue...if you've a little bit of influence, you use it to help your family. This boys an idiot though, I could have gotten him what he needed before all this; still probably can get him a better job."
He whirled around to face Larry, still smiling. "You're a democrat, right?" he asked. "Bad life decisions, I know. Well...one of my closest friends makes bad life decisions as well, she's a democratic congresswoman. She's looking for staffers...and going on campaign soon. So you'll be heading around the state, and to Washington; lots of music people in the capital now, you know."
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:53 pm

John Kiser

“DAD ENOUGH! This is my home. My rules. Him and I have an agreement already made that I expect to be upheld.” Turning To his nephew he said “There is an added on bedroom in the basement. Don’t worry the whole basement has been redone and modernized so it’s not just slabs of concrete.”

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:58 pm

Cyril

Cyril glared at his son, never being averse to telling his adult children how to live their lives.
"And I'm telling you that you're setting him up to fail," he said harshly. "Getting clean is a long process, I should know when I was his age I had to do it myself. If you're going to say that the next moment he's high he'll be out on the street, he'll be out on the street before next month, unless he has a saints willpower. Then he'll show up at my place, and I'll have to convince your mother to take him in. I don't believe you'd let one of your own family sleep on the streets."
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Vietmihn
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 15, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Vietmihn » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:02 pm

-
Last edited by Vietmihn on Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:04 pm

John Kiser

“Dad enough. He’s said he has been clean for some time now. If he’s made it this far he can keep going. I am making it apart of the deal because I will not have my children introduced to that stuff from him or anyone else.” The anyone was said clearly implying it meant Cyrus.
Last edited by Chewion on Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:09 pm

Cyril

Cyril spoke very quietly and very decisively.
"Vey well," he told Johnathan. "But I'm not going to be happy with you if you kick him out on the street. ou'd be able to kiss the handy clauses I sneak int bills which give you perks and tax breaks goodbye, and perhaps those strings I've been pulling to keep the inspectors off your back would suddenly have a whole lot less pressure on them. When you betray your family...you get betrayed by your family."

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:13 pm

John Kiser

“Cyril you know I run a clean company. All those inspectors do is slow down things. Now dad will you be staying for dinner or does mama have something cooking? Speaking of mama how is she doing? It’s been too long since I saw her. She still able to get around well inside the house after her fall a month ago?”

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:18 pm

Cyril

"I think your son got impatient about diner," Cyril laughed. "He's making a batch of burritos at the minute, but I've an idea. How about we have those for lunch tomorrow, so we can have popper pulled pork in them, and I'l book us a table at a nice restaurant to celebrate our two new arrivals.
As for your mom...she's doing pretty good. She din't break anything thank God and she's still driving, and still swearing as much as ever." As he remembered something, he chuckled. "You'll never guess what her new hobby is. Online video gaming."

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:20 pm

John Kiser

“I don’t wanna go out tonight dad. Let’s just stay in. Besides my son will throw a fit if we don’t have his burritos tonight. And that’s great about mom. At least she has something to keep her busy in her twilight years.”

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:23 pm

Cyril

"Don't you know your son?" Cyril laughed. "If I tell him that the reason that we're having them tomorrow is so that we can have big massive juicy steaks at a posh restaurant, he'll jump for it. Do you want me to test it? I'll ring her and get her to come if we're going out, I don't want her eating alone it's not nice for her."

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:29 pm

John Kiser

“We are not going out. We literally just got off the plane from Cancun. I want to stay in my own home. Why don’t you ring her and have her come over her to eat? I’m sure she will like it much better.”

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:32 pm

Lucas

"Oh are we going out?" lucas shouted from the kitchen, coming in. "Great, I won't cook then. Where are we going?" he cheerfully asked his father.

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:47 pm

John Kiser

“No we are not going out. Either you can cook or the cooks can make something but we will eat here. Now what will it be?”

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:48 pm

Cyril Kiser

Cyril glanced at Lucas, and Lucas glanced back at Cyril; both nodded.
"I think we should do democracy," Cyril told John, laughing. "You're 2-1 down at the moment. Shall I ring up your mom to get her vote?"

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:51 pm

John Kiser

“To quote you dad, this is a dictatorship not a democracy. Now what will it be. Your burritos or shall I have the cooks make something? I would be more than willing to try your burritos son. I’m sure they will be good.”

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:11 pm

Cyril and Lucas

The two of them glared at their son/father, and Lucas slowly made his way back to the kitchen.
"We should make it an absolute monarchy," Cyril pondered aloud. "I'm the god-emperor, you're that non-to-handsome crown prince everyone wishes gets skipped...the rest are hangers on."
"Go get some chilli powder!" Lucas shouted at the house at large.
Last edited by Greater vakolicci haven on Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hothnia
Minister

Founded: Mar 28, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Hothnia » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:41 pm

Emilia Kiser

Emilia nodded, something that almost looked like a smile crossing her face. " Vell, it's good to know I'm not alone then Daciana. Lead the way upstairs. I'd love to see Mein new room." By now, it seemed as if her Uncle was arguing with another man, likely his father, about food. Personally, Emilia didn't want to go out to eat, it would be likely that she would have to actually talk. And not just to Daciana, but to adults about her...father. Even though she probably wasn't going to eat anyway.

Emilia followed Daciana upstairs, where she froze at the top of the steps to see an older boy crying in front of a closed door. " Uhhh... Daciana? Should just follow you? Vhere is the room?" Emilia leaned closer and whispered. " I had to ask because someone mentioned it earlier; are you from Romania? Like, another European?"

Anna Kiser

Anna snorted. " What exactly do you mean it was uncalled for? He has been lying to God and us all by keeping this relationship, and apparently practiced sexual immorality thrice! And never did he repent!" Anna shook her head as they left the room. " Drop the relationship immediately! She's not worth it for the price of sin! End it, now! Do God's will on earth!" Anna quieted and leaned forward to rest her hand on Josephine's shoulder. " What are your thoughts on the situation Josephine? What are your emotions? Go on, tell me."

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 02, 2015

Postby Khasinkonia » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:23 pm

Hothnia wrote:Emilia Kiser

Emilia nodded, something that almost looked like a smile crossing her face. " Vell, it's good to know I'm not alone then Daciana. Lead the way upstairs. I'd love to see Mein new room." By now, it seemed as if her Uncle was arguing with another man, likely his father, about food. Personally, Emilia didn't want to go out to eat, it would be likely that she would have to actually talk. And not just to Daciana, but to adults about her...father. Even though she probably wasn't going to eat anyway.

Emilia followed Daciana upstairs, where she froze at the top of the steps to see an older boy crying in front of a closed door. " Uhhh... Daciana? Should just follow you? Vhere is the room?" Emilia leaned closer and whispered. " I had to ask because someone mentioned it earlier; are you from Romania? Like, another European?"

Anna Kiser

Anna snorted. " What exactly do you mean it was uncalled for? He has been lying to God and us all by keeping this relationship, and apparently practiced sexual immorality thrice! And never did he repent!" Anna shook her head as they left the room. " Drop the relationship immediately! She's not worth it for the price of sin! End it, now! Do God's will on earth!" Anna quieted and leaned forward to rest her hand on Josephine's shoulder. " What are your thoughts on the situation Josephine? What are your emotions? Go on, tell me."

Ștefania Daciana Crăciun

Daciana nodded when Emilia asked if she should follow her, and continued to her room.

“Yes, I am from România,” she replied, “My homeland. I am not a Romanian-American. I am an American-Romanian. I speak Romanian. I go to Romanian Orthodox church. I celebrate Romanian holidays. I am a Romanian. You sound like a German if I’ve ever heard one. I am to guess you are?”

As they entered her room, Daciana hurried and straightened up a little, and shoved a few difficult-to-explain forms into an open to retrieve later.

“Also, just between you and me,” she said, hushing her voice and going closer to Emilia, “Some of these people are crazy. I have been here for only a short time. But I tell you, if you have a secret you want hidden, keep it like that. What you’re hearing now is what they call “shit hitting the fan”.”

Aillyria
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 13, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Aillyria » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:33 am

Hothnia wrote:Emilia Kiser

Anna Kiser

Chewion wrote:Brandon Kiser

Brandon was shocked by the nastiness of his normally sweet and kind sister’s words. He couldn’t help but to stare at her with a hurt look on his face. He felt like Anna had just stuck a knife into his heart.

As Jackie backed him up he felt an anger rise at Anna trying to tell him to break up with the love of his life. Standing up he looked at Anna and said “I am not going to breakup with the love of my life. If you really cared about me you wouldn’t even try to force me into that.”

Looking at Josie, who was still curled up, he said “I am sorry Jojo. I love you.” He patted her on the back before turning and walking out behind Jackie. Outside the room he slid to the ground and just started crying.

Jacqueline Kiser

Jacqui scoffed as she could still hear Anna going on with her fire and brimestone monologue as she followed Brandon into the hallway.

"Look Brandon, you really did nothing wrong. It's your relationship and your life, I'm sorry for making you tell me when you didn't want to. If you want you can blame this whole shebang on me. I shouldn't have forced you to admit anything.....none of this would've happened."

Jacqui sat down beside her brother putting her arms around him tightly, "Don't listen to Anna, God doesn't hate...he loves, he only loves. God sees all and knows all, and he alone is our judge."
Conserative Morality wrote:If RWDT were Romans, who would they be?
Aillyria would be Claudius. Temper + unwillingness to suffer fools + supporter of the P E O P L E + traditional legalist

West Oros wrote:GOD DAMMIT! I thought you wouldn't be here.
Well you aren't a real socialist. Just a sociopath disguised as one.
Not to mention that this thread split off from LWDT, so I assumed you would think this thread was a "revisionist hellhole".

L/R: -5.38 L/A: +2.36 8values: Theocratic Distributist
I am female, Sorelianist, Sufi Muslim, Biracial, Murican
USN Vet, Semper Fortis dirtbags!!!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse