NATION

PASSWORD

The Elder Scrolls: A Prophecy Fulfilled [OOC] [OPEN]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

New Finnish Republic
Minister

Founded: Mar 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby New Finnish Republic » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:14 am

The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:We have been informed by our resident lore expert that High Rock has "an absolutely massive amount of knightly orders", and that Cyrodiil has a few valid ones too.

Friggin' nerds knowing information that isn't even available on the interwebs.
Known mostly as Finn, but also known as a few other things I can't put in a signature by those who know me.

American who got left too long in the sauna.

Proud to spread Spurdo Nationalism from sea to shining sea.

The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:43 am

New Finnish Republic wrote:
The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:We have been informed by our resident lore expert that High Rock has "an absolutely massive amount of knightly orders", and that Cyrodiil has a few valid ones too.

Friggin' nerds knowing information that isn't even available on the interwebs.

Rude!
P2TM Mentor
TG me!
Discord available on request as well
Or join the Mentor Discord server!

Such a cool time I select, looking out my window, and that's that

The worlding of the words is AMARANTH.

Rygondria
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 12, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Rygondria » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:54 am

I think i just found a new goal for the character in the long run. Future knights of the Pale anyone ?

Rudaslavia
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 28, 2014
Corporate Police State

Postby Rudaslavia » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:28 am

I still have the makings of a rough draft I was preparing for Dutch's last ES masterpiece. I think I can make it work for this RP as well. Would I be able to play as the head of a small Dunmer tong/nationalist criminal syndicate in exile from Morrowind? Probably 6-10 Dunmer assassins with him.

If need be, I can get references to confirm I'm not a newbie.
Friends call me "Rud."

Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:06 pm

Rudaslavia wrote:I still have the makings of a rough draft I was preparing for Dutch's last ES masterpiece. I think I can make it work for this RP as well. Would I be able to play as the head of a small Dunmer tong/nationalist criminal syndicate in exile from Morrowind? Probably 6-10 Dunmer assassins with him.

A regular Camonna Tong dude (ie, not a head of anything etc) would probably work better - and give your character something to work towards!
P2TM Mentor
TG me!

The Assorted Saharan Outposts
Minister

Founded: Dec 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Assorted Saharan Outposts » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:20 pm

Hey? How many characters can we have?
RP Types I Enjoy: God RPs (anything involving deities), alt history, medieval.
Just call me Sahara
Feel free to telegram me whenever you want. I'd love to chat!

⚧Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know gender and sex aren't the same thing ⚧

Rudaslavia
Ambassador

Corporate Police State

Postby Rudaslavia » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:21 pm

The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness wrote:
Rudaslavia wrote:I still have the makings of a rough draft I was preparing for Dutch's last ES masterpiece. I think I can make it work for this RP as well. Would I be able to play as the head of a small Dunmer tong/nationalist criminal syndicate in exile from Morrowind? Probably 6-10 Dunmer assassins with him.

A regular Camonna Tong dude (ie, not a head of anything etc) would probably work better - and give your character something to work towards!

Alright. I'll have him working alone. He's an old bastard. He would probably make a good candidate for a Thalmor associate.
Friends call me "Rud."

Rodez
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Rodez » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:22 pm

Added the RP sample. :)
Formerly known as Mesrane (Mes), now I'm back
Joined April 2014

Go Cubs, Go!

New Finnish Republic
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New Finnish Republic » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:20 pm

The Assorted Saharan Outposts wrote:Hey? How many characters can we have?

As many as you can handle, pretty much. I don't suggest any more than 3, however.
Known mostly as Finn, but also known as a few other things I can't put in a signature by those who know me.

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Assorted Saharan Outposts » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:25 pm

New Finnish Republic wrote:
The Assorted Saharan Outposts wrote:Hey? How many characters can we have?

As many as you can handle, pretty much. I don't suggest any more than 3, however.

Okay cool. A priestess healer lady is going to be my first character.
Just call me Sahara

⚧Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know gender and sex aren't the same thing ⚧

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Assorted Saharan Outposts » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:35 pm

Komili Esteras

Race: High Elf-Nord hybrid
Gender/Sex: Female
Age: What counts as 22 in human years for something like this? 40? Either way she's 22 in human years.
Appearance: While she doesn't wear what she does in the image she is known to change her jewelry very often, and she had many tattoos of religious figures donning her body, with one on her back, one on her right and left shoulder, back of the right leg, and her cheek. The one on the cheek, the one always visible, resembles a wave crashing into itself. She claims it's symbolic of her mother's cult.
Organization(s) involved with: none
Class: Healer
Equipment: A basic set of surprisingly nice looking priestly robes, complete with a hat. She had a few wooden masks and other sorts of miscellaneous apparel, such as jewelry and other things thatbare supposed to have religious meaning. The masks are filled to the brim with pretty colors in unique patterns. It really captivates the eye. None of these things have real special abilities, except for one specific mask, colored mostly red and black. Saying one command word, the mask's eyes will glow red and the mouth hole becomes pitch black, like there's a never ending out on the other side. This is more of an intimidation tactic, working well on animals and some superstitious people. She has a basic sacrificial knife as her only weapon, and a small, circular wooden shield for protection. And, y'know, some water, food and a sleeping bag, as well as some alchemical ingredients
Skills: Memorization, reading, anything involving religion or theology and proselytizing.
Weaknesses: Fighting in general, and also most things involving any charisma whatsoever. She's terrible at conversations, can't hold a weapon for crap, and can't do too much manual labor. She's a scholar, not a warrior or workman
Bio: Komili was the daughter of a missionary, preaching her religion in the foreign lands of Skyrim, a cold place that her mother wouldn't have gone to if she wasn't on a mission to try and spread the faith of her cult (which had involved the idea of the world being cleansed by a massive explosion. It's unimportant, though). Though, on her way through her religious mission, she had met a dashing young Nord who had wooed her into spending a night with him. It was a young nightstand, and it wouldn't have been anything if it wasn't against her cult in a major way. She left soon after she woke up, following by her praying for repentance once a day, going up to a total of five times when she figured out she was pregnant with a man's child, and a Nord all the same? Not good at all.
Despite this, she would go through with having and raising the kid, treating her as a special little angel sent down from heaven. She never went back home. Never had thought about it since she went against her vows. They had settled down in a small community in Skyrim, just around the border of Cyrodiil. Her mother's skills had made her a popular figure in the town, and while her religion wasn't really appreciated around there, she helped children learn how to read when their parents couldn't, and she taught, as well. The same would be said about her own child. Komili would learn a lot in her first few years of life, and they'd continue to learn more.
No, Komili and her mother weren't rich. They were far from it, in fact. Despite this, her mother made sure she never felt a single painful side effect from this. She made ends meet surprisingly well, making sure thather little angel wouldn't have to feel any pain. She was perhaps a bit too overprotective, as she wouldn't leave her alone with others, even those of her own age. This would later lead her to have social issues in life that would last even to this day, but even so she grew up well enough. Under her mother's guidance, the first thing she'd learn, after walking and talking, is religion. Momma's little girl was going to be a priestess, just like her own mother.
Though, in an unintended side effect, Komili wouldn't find an interest in just this cult, but most religions she'd come across. She'd become incredibly interested when religion was involved. She'd ask far too many people in her village about their religion and the gods and their interpretation about things in the holy texts are, later in life, of course, when she understood different religions had their own holy book
Komili would prove to be a genius when it came to theology, and her knowledge of religion, of all kinds, was quite impressive. Just at the age of 15 (human years) she could quote particularly long chapters in several holy books off the top of her head. Her mother, understandably so, was proud of her. She proved to be a very intelligent young woman, and her thirst for knowledge would only continue to grow as she dabbled in holy healing rituals, and spells to heal the sick or wounded. Her goal was to help as many people as possible. With that being said, there was only so much she could do in her home town before she had to decide to leave.
She left when she was around 18 in human years. A wandering hand of merchants was passing by and Komili had asked to tag along until they reached a nearby large city, which ended up being Falkreath. Once they made it there, Komili's studies of religion would gain help in the form of books and a library, more than she could ever imagine. She stayed there for half a year, and this is where she had gained her enchanted, wooden mask. It was a way of saying thanks from a friendly apparel enchanter that she happened to have healed while in town. He made it specifically so she could protect herself, after she had told him of how she was going to go off and see the world. She'd thank him, and a few months later she would leave.
Her adventures had taken her all over Skyrim (the relatively safe places of Skyrim, that is), and wherever she went, she healed, and wherever she went, she preached. What did she preach? Well, whatever she felt like. She preached based more on how interesting the story was, instead of the morals behind the religion or otherwise. She was a very interesting priestess in this way, considering that she didn't care what religion you were, and she wouldn't try to push you into any sort of following. Eventually, her adventures took her out of Skyrim and down to Cyrodiil, and from cyrodiil, which she spent a year in, down to the northern tip of Valenwood and Elsweyr. Her preaching would eventually get her into trouble, however.
Her uncaring attitude of what she was preaching, and lack of knowledge of the customs of Valenwood would leave her unknowing of the fact that the preaching of Talos was illegal in the dominion. She didn't take the necessary precautions, and didn't pay attention to the people who would worryingly speed up their walking when she spoke of Talos. She would do this for only a few days before going back up through Cyrodiil, trying to proselytize more about Talos, as she wanted to tell that story and get a decent reaction. She was surprised when Thalor had come to her and tried to arrest her. They did so on the grounds of "preaching of Talos", which she did say she was guilty of, but also "promoting violence against the government", which she insists she did not do, but they wouldn't let her go. Even the priestly robes did not stop the guards from putting her with the common criminal, taking her to gods knows where
RP Sample: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=370777&p=27975028#p27975028
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=367199&hilit=Gods+Politics
I'll do all this later.
Personality:
Theme song:
Voice:
Just call me Sahara

The Ik Ka Ek Akai
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 08, 2013
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The Ik Ka Ek Akai » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:58 pm

That uh

that is by pre-modern definition wearing only underwear

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Assorted Saharan Outposts » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:59 pm

The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:That uh

that is by pre-modern definition wearing only underwear

What? Wearing priest robes? I'm using the picture as a reference to the face and nothing else.
Last edited by The Assorted Saharan Outposts on Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just call me Sahara

New Finnish Republic
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New Finnish Republic » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:27 pm

The Assorted Saharan Outposts wrote:-snip-

Accepted. I'll be unable to put you in the roster tonight, however.

Caruolinda
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Caruolinda » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:51 pm

Is it ok for me to make a Bosmer character that's subordinated to the Aldmeri Dominion?
Seus olhos azuis como a tarde
Na tarde de um domingo azul

New Finnish Republic
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New Finnish Republic » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:03 pm

Caruolinda wrote:Is it ok for me to make a Bosmer character that's subordinated to the Aldmeri Dominion?

That's fine.
Last edited by New Finnish Republic on Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:10 am

For the record, Mer/Elves 'mature' at the same rate humans do in TES, so 18 for an Elf is 18 for a human, too :P
P2TM Mentor
TG me!

Rudaslavia
Ambassador

Corporate Police State

Postby Rudaslavia » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:12 am

The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness wrote:For the record, Mer/Elves 'mature' at the same rate humans do in TES, so 18 for an Elf is 18 for a human, too :P

Yeah, but Mer tend to have way longer lifespans, especially when magic gets involved.
Friends call me "Rud."

New Finnish Republic
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New Finnish Republic » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:15 am

Beginning to work on our IC. Who's all still working on Pps and whatnot?

Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:24 pm

Rudaslavia wrote:
The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness wrote:For the record, Mer/Elves 'mature' at the same rate humans do in TES, so 18 for an Elf is 18 for a human, too :P

Yeah, but Mer tend to have way longer lifespans, especially when magic gets involved.

200-300 naturally, older through magic, yep.
P2TM Mentor
TG me!

Rodez
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Rodez » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:56 pm

New Finnish Republic wrote:Beginning to work on our IC. Who's all still working on Pps and whatnot?

I finished.
Formerly known as Mesrane (Mes), now I'm back
Joined April 2014

Go Cubs, Go!

Shark isle
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Shark isle » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:20 pm

Can i make a bungling monk or cleric?

New Finnish Republic
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New Finnish Republic » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:11 pm

Shark isle wrote:Can i make a bungling monk or cleric?

I'll have to see exactly what you're wanting, but more than likely yes you'll be fine.

Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:36 am

Rodez wrote:
New Finnish Republic wrote:Beginning to work on our IC. Who's all still working on Pps and whatnot?

I finished.

Looks good to me!
P2TM Mentor
TG me!

Rygondria
Negotiator

Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Rygondria » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:22 am

I am

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse