NATION

PASSWORD

Star Wars: Jedi Academy(OOC/Closed)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:19 pm

Tayner wrote:
Ceannairceach wrote:Also a good idea

Most of Torr's experience would be with a blaster or at the helm, he hasn't really trained with a lightsaber since his initiate days, some 30+ years ago. I'm sure we can play it by ear for now until it's time to move on, in which case we can flip a coin or let an OP/Co-OP determine it. If you really want Cori to win I have no outstanding objection to Torr losing.

I don't mind either way. It's not particularly important IMO who wins, so flipping a coin first and then working from there might also be a good idea, since it'll let us plan it out a bit while we're waiting for responses.

@}-;-'---

"But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most..." -Mark Twain

Tayner
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:26 pm

Ceannairceach wrote:
Tayner wrote:Most of Torr's experience would be with a blaster or at the helm, he hasn't really trained with a lightsaber since his initiate days, some 30+ years ago. I'm sure we can play it by ear for now until it's time to move on, in which case we can flip a coin or let an OP/Co-OP determine it. If you really want Cori to win I have no outstanding objection to Torr losing.

I don't mind either way. It's not particularly important IMO who wins, so flipping a coin first and then working from there might also be a good idea, since it'll let us plan it out a bit while we're waiting for responses.

If we do flip a coin you can go ahead and flip it, and call it too.
If anyone askes where we were Saturday at 14:30, we were at The Pub, understand?

-If it's stupid, but it works, it ain't stupid.
-No Combat Ready unit has ever passed inspection.
-No Inspection Ready unit has ever passed combat.
-There is nothing more satisfying to you then having the enemy shoot at you, and miss.
-Remember, your weapon was made by the lowest bidder.
Disclaimer: The sig is out of date and I probably won't update it

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:29 pm

Tayner wrote:
Ceannairceach wrote:I don't mind either way. It's not particularly important IMO who wins, so flipping a coin first and then working from there might also be a good idea, since it'll let us plan it out a bit while we're waiting for responses.

If we do flip a coin you can go ahead and flip it, and call it too.

I'll call heads. Here's a link to a coinflipper we can use, keep things honest: http://cointossr.com/?t=f14f046db1b6614 ... e3d750082f

Result is tails. You win.
Last edited by Ceannairceach on Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

@}-;-'---

"But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most..." -Mark Twain

Tayner
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:31 pm

Ceannairceach wrote:
Tayner wrote:If we do flip a coin you can go ahead and flip it, and call it too.

I'll call heads. Here's a link to a coinflipper we can use, keep things honest: http://cointossr.com/?t=f14f046db1b6614 ... e3d750082f

I got tails.

Edit ninja :p
Last edited by Tayner on Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If anyone askes where we were Saturday at 14:30, we were at The Pub, understand?

-There is nothing more satisfying to you then having the enemy shoot at you, and miss.

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:32 pm

Tayner wrote:
Ceannairceach wrote:I'll call heads. Here's a link to a coinflipper we can use, keep things honest: http://cointossr.com/?t=f14f046db1b6614 ... e3d750082f

I got tails.

Perfect, works as intended. You'll win the fight whenever we feel the need to call it. Good website to keep around for future player fights, too.

And yes, I am. ;)
Last edited by Ceannairceach on Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

@}-;-'---

Tayner
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:36 pm

Ceannairceach wrote:
Tayner wrote:I got tails.

Perfect, works as intended. You'll win the fight whenever we feel the need to call it. Good website to keep around for future player fights, too.

And yes, I am. ;)

I guess we can call the fight after a couple more rounds of posting then.

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:37 pm

Tayner wrote:
Ceannairceach wrote:Perfect, works as intended. You'll win the fight whenever we feel the need to call it. Good website to keep around for future player fights, too.

And yes, I am. ;)

I guess we can call the fight after a couple more rounds of posting then.

Bueno. I'll let Bei get a post in before I accept the challenge and kick things off.

@}-;-'---

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:40 pm

If Bei doesn't get a post in within an hour, I'll post to get things moving. He can join us when we start.

@}-;-'---

Tayner
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:43 pm

Ceannairceach wrote:If Bei doesn't get a post in within an hour, I'll post to get things moving. He can join us when we start.

Alright, but I might be out before then and might not be able to respond until tomorrow.

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:44 pm

Tayner wrote:
Ceannairceach wrote:If Bei doesn't get a post in within an hour, I'll post to get things moving. He can join us when we start.

Alright, but I might be out before then and might not be able to respond until tomorrow.

That's fine. Just want to get things going, at least.

@}-;-'---

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 29, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Beiarusia » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:48 pm

Speaking of which, posted.

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:49 pm

Beiarusia wrote:Speaking of which, posted.

Speak of the devil, you mean. ;) Working on my post now.

@}-;-'---

Tayner
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:55 pm

Ceannairceach wrote:
Beiarusia wrote:Speaking of which, posted.

Speak of the devil, you mean. ;) Working on my post now.

You won't mind if I control Cori a little bit, basically me saying that she's blocking Torr's slashes and generally defending herself, right? Otherwise this post might get hella vague

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:20 pm

Tayner wrote:
Ceannairceach wrote:Speak of the devil, you mean. ;) Working on my post now.

You won't mind if I control Cori a little bit, basically me saying that she's blocking Torr's slashes and generally defending herself, right? Otherwise this post might get hella vague

Nah, that's fine by me. Kinda why I wanted to get that coin flip outta the way.

@}-;-'---

Tayner
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:26 pm

Ceannairceach wrote:
Tayner wrote:You won't mind if I control Cori a little bit, basically me saying that she's blocking Torr's slashes and generally defending herself, right? Otherwise this post might get hella vague

Nah, that's fine by me. Kinda why I wanted to get that coin flip outta the way.

Alright then. Posted. Nothing to special for now, just some wide swings with the lightsaber before backing off.

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:32 pm

Tayner wrote:
Ceannairceach wrote:Nah, that's fine by me. Kinda why I wanted to get that coin flip outta the way.

Alright then. Posted. Nothing to special for now, just some wide swings with the lightsaber before backing off.

And I responded. Let me know if anything is ever out of character for Torr and I'll edit accordingly.

@}-;-'---

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:39 pm

Figure we'd allow as many people as possible a chance to post before moving onto anything important.
Just a heads up.

Wheatley Laboratories
Minister

Founded: Mar 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Wheatley Laboratories » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:56 pm

Beiarusia wrote:Figure we'd allow as many people as possible a chance to post before moving onto anything important.
Just a heads up.

I've got to make a few edits to my app and then I'll start writing my post.
Do I need to start with Xi meditating? It seems like that's what everyone else is doing.
========WARNING========
CRITICAL ERROR

SYSTEM SHUTDOWN IMMINENT

^^%€»}[•¢~~%%&«g0OdBYe{]©¢¡$*###!}?

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:56 pm

Wheatley Laboratories wrote:
Beiarusia wrote:Figure we'd allow as many people as possible a chance to post before moving onto anything important.
Just a heads up.

Do I need to start with Xi meditating? It seems like that's what everyone else is doing.

Heh, fairly sure that's just a coincidental trend. I do recommend it as a good tool to get some of your plots moving in a less than obvious way. The Force is such a good McGuffin in that regard.

@}-;-'---

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:00 pm

Wheatley Laboratories wrote:
Just a heads up.

Nope. Just sorta happened. Linea had a nightmare, some people were meditating, think Torr was sleeping.

Wheatley Laboratories
Minister

Founded: Mar 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Wheatley Laboratories » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:13 pm

Name: Xi
Species: Shistavanen
Appearance (picture or written description): Black Shistavanen with grey streaks mixed in. He has longer fur than the average Shistavanen. He has a scar across one eye and another on his chest. He's about 7 feet tall and appears to be pretty fit. Prefering to go bare-chested, Xi's only clothing is whatever passes as jeans in Star Wars. He has orange eyes.
Background (Two paragraphs):

Xi was born on a particularly cold scavenger planet in the outer rim. The cold would normally make scavenging much difficult, but the family of Shistavanens had been living in the same planet for lifetimes. Generation after generation, they had eventually evolved much thicker fur which made the cold bearable and removed the need of special clothes. Xi's parents would follow the same schedule every day; Get up early, eat a minuscule portion of food, scavenge until every scrap of daylight left the sky, eat, sleep. The only difference would be that once every week, they would sell the products they collected and buy the week's rations and hopefully have something left over. Eventually Xi would help after he turned 5, collecting the easy scraps lying around the outside of the wrecks. Their job was fairly easy, the area around where they lived was very treacherous and ships crashed at least once a fortnight.

Everything was fine, until Xi turned 13. His parents were killed as one of the more unstable wrecks succumbed to the elements and collapsed on them. Xi, who was looking outside, survived.
He managed to get to the nearest settlement and get help, but by the time they got back to the wreck, the whole thing had been swamped in snow. There was no way, even with their thick fur, that Xi's parents could have survived.

He collected everything he could hold from his house and journeyed to the nearest spaceport. Once he arrived, he tried to find a ship that would take him off the planet. He didn't care where, he just wanted to leave. However, even his family's life savings were not enough to board a ship. He waited at the spaceport for a few days, constantly checking for something he could afford.
Eventually, he found a ship that would take him, if he worked for them for a couple of months on the other side. It was the best offer he could find, and Xi unwillingly took it.

Bad Idea.

As soon as the ship took to the air, they gagged and bound him before locking him in one of the ships' rooms. Before they left Xi, they revealed that the ship was heading towards a Hutt-controlled outer rim planet. Or more specifically, a slave auction on the planet. When the ship landed, he was bundled out and delivered to the auction quickly.
The two pilots received a lot of credits for Xi. He spent about 2 months at the area, no one really wanted to purchase him. He had no particular skills, nothing that would help the owner. They would occasionally parade him round, trying to convince people to buy him. No one did.

For two months anyway.

Finally, a human brought him. Now, obviously not the best of situations, Xi felt hopeful, as he was lead away on a chain, that wherever he was going would be slightly better than where he just was. Once again, he was wrong.
On the journey, the human appeared to start up a conversation, making Xi believe that being a slave to this person wouldn't be too bad. But the conversation took a bad turn. As the vehicle stopped outside a building, almost identical to the others in the area, the human stated that 'he preferred slaves that didn't complain'. The human then dragged a horrified Xi inside. When they left, Xi could no longer talk. His tongue had been cut out.
Over the next 3 years, Xi would always be busy doing, often life-threatening, jobs for the human. Who turned out to be one of the more popular choices in the black market. At night things got a little... Intimate to say the least. His owner would sometimes use him for personal pleasure. (I’m not going any further that way. You should probably get the idea.) When he was not doing anything, Xi would be consigned to the human’s gym, where he was allowed to use the equipment. Which he did.
One time when Xi’s master was taking him somewhere, Xi saw his chance. Sticking out of the human’s pocket was the keys for his restraints. To his surprise, the keys started to lift out the pocket and into his hands on their own.
Acting quickly, Xi undid his restraints. Just as we about to jump of the vehicle, his owner noticed. Turning around and stopping it, the human gave chase. Luckily, Xi managed to outrun him. The days in that gym had definitely paid off, it seemed.
He continued, a scared, mute Shistavanen with nothing but his clothes. He eventually sat on a street he considered safer than anywhere else and thought about what he should do. However, his thoughts were soon interrupted. A ship was hovering above him. Inside were a few people who were trying to bring him back to his ex-owner. As they landed the ship in a nearby area, Xi, guessing who they were started running again. However, he ended up turning into an alley with a wall at the end. Two humans ran into the alley, one holding the typical slave restraints. Xi… went a bit mad. He charged at the two, catching them by surprise.
A short(ish) fight later, Xi was standing over two unconscious bodies. He had got lucky. He had pushed them into a structure which collapsed on them. Having an idea, he ran off towards the ship they left and boarded it.
Sitting in the pilots ship, he felt confident that he wouldn’t kill himself. Sure, he hadn’t had any flight training but all you had to do was enter coordinates right? Praying that empty space didn’t have coordinates, Xi entered a completely random number.
3/4 quarters of the journey in, disaster struck. The faulty hyperdrive, which had been obtained through the black market, exploded, crippling the ship. It fell through space, the explosion knocking all the power offline. Xi was unconcious. The blast, although not strong enough to breach the hull, had caused quite a lot of destruction inside the ship.
Soon, a carrier orbiting a nearby planet, picked up an automatic distress signal. It left the orbit, readying itself to retrieve the doomed starship.
After a while, it did so successfully. Crew dragged Xi out the ship, somehow still alive. His unconcious body had somehow rolled into just the right place, protected from most of the damage. Still, he had suffered serious injuries. One arm had a large peice of shrapnel emmbedded in it, one of his legs were broken and there were burns covering patches around his chest. On top of that, he had smaller wounds as well. But Xi was still alive. He was taken back to the planet, which happened to be where the new Jedi academy was being set up and placed in the infirmary.

Lightsaber: Two sabers that happen to be blue.
Equipment:
N/A

Skills: Very agile
Claws
Night vision.
Increased speed.
Enhanced hearing and sense of smell.

Weakness:
Can't communicate with others well. Is mute and doesn't know sign language.
Doesn’t really trust anyone.
Distracted easily.
Often follows base instincts.

RP sample(Either a link or a written sample): viewtopic.php?f=31&t=383281&p=31163877&sid=odf33901f866e2209d41eadedoff1f20#p31163877

Code 902 (Do not Remove)
Last edited by Wheatley Laboratories on Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.
========WARNING========
CRITICAL ERROR

SYSTEM SHUTDOWN IMMINENT

^^%€»}[•¢~~%%&«g0OdBYe{]©¢¡$*###!}?

Tayner
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:55 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
Wheatley Laboratories wrote:I've got to make a few edits to my app and then I'll start writing my post.

Nope. Just sorta happened. Linea had a nightmare, some people were meditating, think Torr was sleeping.

Nope, Torr was meditating. There's nothing better to start up the day than a hot cup of meditation.

Ceannairceach wrote:
Tayner wrote:Alright then. Posted. Nothing to special for now, just some wide swings with the lightsaber before backing off.

And I responded. Let me know if anything is ever out of character for Torr and I'll edit accordingly.

'Twas good, milord. Might just finish the duel in my next post, a couple more wild swings, another lightsaber lock, and probably a force push.

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:58 pm

Tayner wrote:
Beiarusia wrote:Nope. Just sorta happened. Linea had a nightmare, some people were meditating, think Torr was sleeping.

Nope, Torr was meditating. There's nothing better to start up the day than a hot cup of meditation.

Ceannairceach wrote:And I responded. Let me know if anything is ever out of character for Torr and I'll edit accordingly.

'Twas good, milord. Might just finish the duel in my next post, a couple more wild swings, another lightsaber lock, and probably a force push.

Was somewhat alluding to a force push being the likely conclusion by leaving her center open ;) Feel free to put her on her ass in the next post and we can call it there.

@}-;-'---

Tayner
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:01 pm

Ceannairceach wrote:Was somewhat alluding to a force push being the likely conclusion by leaving her center open ;) Feel free to put her on her ass in the next post and we can call it there.

Yup, that was totally what I had planned all along tipped me off. :p

Theyra
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 29, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Theyra » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:53 pm

The first missions will start either Wednesday or Thursday. So if you want to get a post in do it soon.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse