NATION

PASSWORD

An Age of Blood and Fire [Medieval/Fantasy RP][REPLACED]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Tysklandia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 15, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Tysklandia » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:30 pm

I don't have a bunch of time tonight, so I will just be adding the religion bits and digging up my map.
No time to look at applications, although most look fine.

@proton
The story and premise of the game is that everyone is a fledging entity rising once more after a great calamity as explained in the opening post. Nobody will be given great regions of land or huge population at the start of the game.
A non-nomadic nation having such a gigantic army, is not allowed in this game, atleast at the start. That is clearly stated in the OP.
(nomadics can have infloated numbers, but I assume they clearly understand the limitations such a society has on technology, construction and military technology/tactics).

I will not be accepting factions beginning as an large powerhouse, be it an empire-sized feudal entity or a huge-ass tribe or any faction with armies in the hundreds of thousands. Their is a level playing field and a theme of climbing upwards, with everyone having a clear need of being wary of one another and any other threat lurking in the deep forests and mountains. Such a thing is relatively impossible when one has 200 00 levies ready for a fight at a moments notice.

Darksworth
Envoy

Founded: Nov 10, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Darksworth » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:19 pm

Tysklandia wrote:I don't have a bunch of time tonight, so I will just be adding the religion bits and digging up my map.

@proton
The story and premise of the game is that everyone is a fledging entity rising once more after a great calamity as explained in the opening post. Nobody will be given great regions of land or huge population at the start of the game.
A non-nomadic nation having such a gigantic army, is not allowed in this game, atleast at the start. That is clearly stated in the OP.
(nomadics can have infloated numbers, but I assume they clearly understand the limitations such a society has on technology, construction and military technology/tactics).

I will not be accepting factions beginning as an large powerhouse, be it an empire-sized feudal entity or a huge-ass tribe or any faction with armies in the hundreds of thousands. Their is a level playing field and a theme of climbing upwards, with everyone having a clear need of being wary of one another and any other threat lurking in the deep forests and mountains. Such a thing is relatively impossible when one has 200 00 levies ready for a fight at a moments notice.

Noted, lowered my military significantly. May wanna' check if it's qualified.
The Commonwealth of Darksworth is a pseudo-steampunk space-faring civilization. With their technology having been acquired by invading a far greater civilization. Due to this peculiar situation, their tech is a mix between pre-industrialized and late-space age.
Technology Level: Tier 4-5: PT/MT
Arcane Level: Level 0-Inept
Influence Type: Type 6-Planetary Politician
Based on this Index
---
Tier: Tier 5
Type: Type IV
Government Size: Superpower
Based on this Index

*Consult me for NS stats via TG*
Working as a Concept Artist, drawing mainly monsters, creatures and maps. Currently living somewhere in Southeast Asia or Oceania, take a guess.
---
In terms of my political stance, I'm Far/Alt-Right. That's legit, I could be categorized as a Technocratic Fascist.

Novas Arcanum
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 14, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Novas Arcanum » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:20 pm

Tysklandia wrote:I don't have a bunch of time tonight, so I will just be adding the religion bits and digging up my map.

@proton

'

Is anything wrong my app?

Benuty
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:46 pm

Will start working on the app tonight.
Last edited by Hashem 13.8 billion years ago
King of Madness in the Right Wing Discussion Thread. Winner of 2016 Posters Award for Insanity. Please be aware my posts in NSG, and P2TM are separate.

Tysklandia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tysklandia » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:13 pm

Guys,

I don't have time to check over all the apps today, I prefer to give someone else their work the attention it deserves and I can't do that if I am surviving of 6 cups of coffee. It will Likely not even be tomorrow, work has been a real pain.

1: I have the map on discord, took me over an hour and a half to find, so putting on an image sharing website so I can link it will also be a thing for tommorow. But you guys can check the map on the discord if you're impatient. I hope I can start putting people on the map during the weekend and drop an IC somewhere next week. I'd rather start the game with a little optional narative, so I need to think of something easy and not too intrusive in people their introductionary posts.

2: I added a crude explenation for the gods and dropped the pantheon in the OP. But it is rushed, so give me a TG if anything doesn't make immediate sense. I will give it an edit tommorow.

3: don't get attached to population numbers and army numbers. I have had a discussion running on the discord about it and people can take a look at it over their. Likely when I start looking into the apps. Then I can see what starting strength I will want to have and then notify people about having to decrease population/military or adjust the population to fit with their military numbers. All those specifics can be done when I go over the applications.

Just focus more on the type of faction you want to play as, the story of said faction and possible routes of storytelling you can do. A few thousand soldiers more or less when we balance out the applications won't do that any harm.
Last edited by Tysklandia on Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Nuxipal
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 25, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nuxipal » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:20 pm

Thank you!

I'll continue working on it. Sorta expanded my idea a bit. An alliance of Dwarfholds which dot the desert's rocky areas and some who do not have any surface access, with one situated far enough south that it has trade agreements with other players/nations. I'll draw up a map, not of the surface, that will show subterranean roads between holds as well as where the surface can be reached.
National Information: http://kutath.weebly.com/

Hallimas Islands
Secretary

Founded: Dec 01, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Hallimas Islands » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:02 am

Name of Faction: High Kingdom of Suthkar-Khals (High Kingdom of the Southern-Mountains)

Ruler: High King Thukrar 'Hammer-Head' Khalsar
Thukrar is the High King of Grimmr-Khal at this point, elected by the Low Kings and the Clergy quite recently, he plans to break the Command of the Elders. He was born to the Low King of Haldomor-Khal, descendant of the great hero Halmar Haldomor Khalmar, he already had a good position when he entered into politics and gained the favour of the Clergy and the Low Kings.

Appearance

Description of Government:
The High Kingdom's government is split into three sections. The High King's Court, the Low King's Council and the Clergy's Council. All entrenched in tradition, each section has a series of checks and balances to stop one from getting too powerful and disturbing the balance.

The High King's Court
The High King's Court is the executive area of the government. He presides over the Low King's Council and the Clergy's Council and gives out commands that are to be obeyed by all Dwarves, approved by the Low Kings. He is elected out of the Low Kings and appointed by the Clergy, if he gets too powerful, a Middle King can be chosen... The Middle King will take an army and seize the throne or will rise during and interregnum.

The Low King's Council
Ruling over seperate autonomous mountains, the Low Kings have a lot of independence... However, they do have to uphold the commands made by the High King and the Clergy. High and Middle Kings are elected from the Low Kings and are accepted by the Clergy. The Low Kings meet at a Council where they make bylaws and agreements among each mountain, they have to meet at the capital at least five times a year and are overseen by the High King, which can ostracise any one of them that steps out of line.

Clergy's Council
The Clergy's job is to appoint the High King and make their own laws that aid pleasing Mahshemkat-Khul-de-Grimmr, our God. If needed, the Clergy can intrude on High King commands and Low King bylaws. However, if they step out of line the High King and the Low Kings can call upon Khul's Wrath. Khul's Wrath is an order that ostracises any corrupt clergymembers from the Dwarvish Kingdom, it is named this as it is from the Grand Book of Orders handed to us by Khul who wrote this system of Government.

Government Type: Limited Non-Hereditary Elected Monarchy

Sigil/Emblem:

Population: 8,500,000

Military number: 15,000 (only 6,000 are active)

Military outline:

Dwarvish Axemen and Spearmen
This is the standard heavy infantry of the Dwarvish armies. They are professional soldiers and are the backbone of our armies. Both heavily armoured and skilled, the infantry is found in all mountains and when the Mobilising Horn is sounded, we can muster a lot of these men. Equipped with axes and spears, they provide both offensive and defensive capabilities.

Dwarvish Rangers
Using shortbows and crossbows, the rangers are our standard ranged units. Not as heavily armoured, they are also professional and are skilled equal to the infantry. They are found in less mountains and are mobilised by the Ranger's Horn. The Dwarvish Rangers are also skilled with an axe, though less so than the infantry.

The High King's Guards
Most elite of the Dwarvish armies. The only unit to use battleaxes, warhammers and even swords. The High King's Guard is found only by the High King and they abandon any Mountain loyalties to serve the High King. They are only found by the High King and in his barracks. Most heavily armoured and some say even uses a special blessing from Khul Himself.

Low King's Guards
The Low King's Guards are the guards of the Low Kings specifically. Less skilled and less varied in weaponry compared to the High King's Guards. They are loyal to their individual mountain and to their Low King even more. They protect them as body guards, when on campaign.

Dwarvish Levy Infantry
The majority of our infantry, less armoured and less skilled than our infantry. The levies are called when the Conscription Horn is sounded. They bear pickaxes and standard axes and have light armour as a defence.

Dwarvish Levy Slingers
Standard slingers, light ranged infantry. Least armoured of our units and levied from the most poor when the Conscription Horn is sounded. With staff and standard slings they throw rocks upon our enemies.

Languages: Dwarvish and Standard Human Language

History: The Dwarvish High Kingdom of the Southern Mountains is located in the mountains of the south, near to the grand sea. An ancient kingdom with even more ancient traditions and culture. In the days of the Alcenian Republic, as recorded by the Dwarf Themkar, who states 'Our Kingdom was expansive and grand. We had many connections to the Mannish tribes and even learnt how to stride along the grand blue canvas from them. In return we sold them our gold and such and taught them many a thing. The Mannish tribes were kind to us and we were kind to them.'

Then the Alcenian Republic became an Empire, swallowing those old Mannish tribes and engulfing them in their Empire. Luckily, under the guidance of the Grand High King, Khuzar 'The Diplomat' Hemenkar of the Khuzud-Khal. We maintained good relations with the Empire and we continued to do as we always did. During this time, we built the Grand Tunnels, using the money from our Alcenian trade to build Grand Tunnels between the Fifteen Peaks. From Haldomor-Khal in the West to Shemakar-Khal in the East. Built on the backs of Alcenian slaves from all over their empire.

Being one of the biggest pushers of the Alcenian Slave Trade soon backfired as the Empire turned their gaze to our Kingdom. Immediately, High King Thurin 'The Emancipator' or 'The Coward', abolished slavery in order to cut all connections to the Empire. He then saw the Alcenian Armies march towards his home and contacted a group of wise elders at the summit of the Shemakar-Khal and they issued and order... A command. 'NO DWARF SHALL LEAVE THE FIFTEEN PEAKS' they bellowed and so Thurin followed their orders. The Mountains were sealed shut.

However, from the summits of our Khals. We saw what had happened to the continent. Watching helplessly as the Curse swept the Alcenian Empire and the Age of Sorrows passed. We hid in our mountains watching in horror. No other race has seen a Dwarf from the Southern Mountains in those days and all doors are shut. Until the Age of Sorrows ended.

The Command of the Elders has been upheld for centuries. Perhaps now is the day that the Command be repealed, as Human tribes return to their natural state and new kingdoms arise. Perhaps our old one shall be fit in.

Religion:
Dwarvish Monotheism
Dwarvish Monotheism is based on one God, Mahshemkat-Khul-de-Grimmr (Mahshemkat-God-Of-Dwarves), omnipotent but not always omnibenevolent and the like. He is an ancient God from the beginning of Dwarvish kind. Khul, as said colloquially, has given us many gifts. For example the Grand Book of Orders, which gives us our system of Government. We have High Priests to beg His blessing, which can be given at His whim. We pray He is kind enough to give us blessings. Like a father, he can be kind and can be rude also.

Races: Dwarves

Capital City: Haldomor-Khal

Land Controlled: Mountains to the southeast.

Allies: N/A

Enemies: N/A
Last edited by Hallimas Islands on Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
From Island to Island, Fiat et Iustitia Supremus

Spindle
Senator

Founded: Aug 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Spindle » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:41 am

Okay, I think my app's done but is there anything stupid in there that I missed?
Disclaimer: Nothing said here is the product of a rational mind.
So...apparently I'm a decent writer. Um...wait, what?
Relativity, nukes in space, nukes in atmosphere, LASERs, MASERs, kinetic weapons, missile and kinetic CIWS, impactors and centripital force.

And, of course, for anything at all, you can always go here.

Tysklandia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tysklandia » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:29 pm

Following apps look fine at first glance, Story and concept wise.
As per military size and otherwise accepting applications, that will be for the weekend.

The Kingdom of Zathrak

The Free Elven Houses
A bit big in the army sense for that population, but perhaps it gives a vibe of an organised elvish society.

Kingdom of Westoria
(7300 Professional army) Is a somewhat proper medieval sized army, but it is allowed to enlarge this a smidge more in desired.

The Free Republic of Shai Tialle
(Special Munitions and VERY organised military structure)
2 very strong boons here, but interesting none the less.

People can reference certain specialities of their respective armies or civilisation if they so wish. Even though the OP states one can't have every medieval or fantasy super weapon in their employ, people can give their armies and nations that special unique feature or two if desired.

@High Kingdom of Suthkar-Khals
At first glance, Population is way too high, especially for one wanting a hidden and well protected mountain kingdom.
Army is really large, even for 15 million.

The Protacan-Anzotac Peoples
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Protacan-Anzotac Peoples » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:49 pm

The Protacan-Anzotac Peoples wrote:Name of Faction: The Empire of Hymeria
Ruler: The High Emperor, Richard Paxton
Description of Government: The Grand Council is the federal and assisting ruling body of the empire, The House of Justices is the judiciary body, and The Senatorial Council is the legislative body.
Government Type: Absolute Monarchy with limitations
Sigil/Emblem:

Population: 9,700,000
Military number : 10,000
Military outline :
Levies/Levys
~ Ready and prepared to fight a moment's notice, this section of the imperial army is considered the first responders to fight in a war before any other division is ready. This also is a way to attack the enemy faster and move swiftly leaving the backbone of the imperial military to clean up what's left and what was missed. 6,000/10,000 levies make up the imperial army, the minimum volunteer age to join the local levy unit is 16. levies are usually armed with a wooden pike, light chainmail, leather boots, and a helmet if they are first to get one.

The Imperial Guard
~ The most elite and special unit of the Empire, and the closest to the Emperor, it defends the capital and the Emperor himself, they are heavily armed and outfitted with steel plated armour and long golden swords. They are a brute force and afraid of nothing. Their thick shields made from the rare metal *Aryian* are tough enough to ram through a shield wall of 20 soldiers. 2,000/10,000 make up the imperial guard. Men that have served 3+ years in the regular armed force, with 6 recommendations from their superiors are then considered for the position, out of the 100 that are recommended only 20-40 make it.

Minor Division
~ The Minor Divison makes up the other units such as cavalry, Man At Arms, Knights, Footman, Serjeants, etc. They make up the remainder of the imperial army. This division is the backbone of a militaristic rally and is tasked with clearing out anything that was left behind or missed. Or will gather up along with the levies if a huge confrontation with the enemy is expected. This division is the one most volunteerd for due to its equipment being state funded and a better guarantee of survival.

Languages: Imperial Human English

History:
This empire is a former human tribe of only 13,000, it was ruled by Gerold Paxton during the *Age of Hell* as tribes people use to call it. When the flourishing, dominating empire took over lesser human tribes and got closer towards Gerold's tribe, he rallied its first army of middle aged men from the tribe, the only requirement was to have your own weapon and armour made. The Elder Council however foresaw the loss of the tribe and end of a great dynasty so the empire was moved to uninhabited land. Gerold was this miracle and praised his gods, he began having abled men construct grand buildings and structures and after the end of the *Age of Hell* everything was complete. Gerold sent aides out to encourage other unconnected tribes to move onto his land, the majority did and Hymeria was formed. Provinces of merged tribes make up Hymeria with its lords in high federal positions. Gerold married Lady Elisa Haske of the Haske Province to the west. The Hymerians became a superpower throughout the known lands and it's legacy was secured when Gerold had a son and named him Richard. His wife died in childbirth but already knew what would happen after a councilor the night before told her of her death. Gerold tried not to grieve and spent his time focusing on Richard. Once Richard was 15 his father died of a stroke, Richard was crowned at a young age but only because his father permitted it. Hymeria warred against the forest elves to take over their land for lumber, and took over neighboring clans that showed signs of rebellion. The Hymerian Empire strives to show dominance over Alcenia and make sure to stay a flourishing nation.

Religion:N/A
Races: Human
Capital City: Ravenstern
Land Controlled: A Eastern Portion of Alcenia
Enemies: Elves

@Tysklandia.
I fixed my military size.

Darksworth
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Darksworth » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:11 pm

So, just noticed that the Kingdom of Zathrak-thing in your post is empty, does that mean I passed?
The Commonwealth of Darksworth is a pseudo-steampunk space-faring civilization. With their technology having been acquired by invading a far greater civilization. Due to this peculiar situation, their tech is a mix between pre-industrialized and late-space age.
Based on this Index
---
Based on this Index

Working as a Concept Artist, drawing mainly monsters, creatures and maps. Currently living somewhere in Southeast Asia or Oceania, take a guess.
---
In terms of my political stance, I'm Far/Alt-Right. That's legit, I could be categorized as a Technocratic Fascist.

Spindle
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Spindle » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:26 am

Tysklandia wrote:The Free Republic of Shai Tialle
(Special Munitions and VERY organised military structure)
2 very strong boons here, but interesting none the less.

Many thank!

And yeah, I wasn't sure if munitions would push them over the edge into OP but I decided that I can always edit them out if need be.
Relativity, nukes in space, nukes in atmosphere, LASERs, MASERs, kinetic weapons, missile and kinetic CIWS, impactors and centripital force.

Tysklandia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tysklandia » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:11 am

Darksworth wrote:So, just noticed that the Kingdom of Zathrak-thing in your post is empty, does that mean I passed?

I am not accepting applications yet, but yours looks fine.
I am a stickler for balance (starter balance, afterwards, the game is entirely open).

So per example, If I grab the republic as a guideline, I might actually tell other applications to make their military a bit more impressive or interesting by adding something interesting, such as Impressive knightly orders or other things that fit your fluff.

But all that is for the weekend.

Hallimas Islands
Secretary

Founded: Dec 01, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Hallimas Islands » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:50 am

Hallimas Islands wrote:Name of Faction: High Kingdom of Suthkar-Khals (High Kingdom of the Southern-Mountains)

Ruler: High King Thukrar 'Hammer-Head' Khalsar
Thukrar is the High King of Grimmr-Khal at this point, elected by the Low Kings and the Clergy quite recently, he plans to break the Command of the Elders. He was born to the Low King of Haldomor-Khal, descendant of the great hero Halmar Haldomor Khalmar, he already had a good position when he entered into politics and gained the favour of the Clergy and the Low Kings.

Appearance

Description of Government:
The High Kingdom's government is split into three sections. The High King's Court, the Low King's Council and the Clergy's Council. All entrenched in tradition, each section has a series of checks and balances to stop one from getting too powerful and disturbing the balance.

The High King's Court
The High King's Court is the executive area of the government. He presides over the Low King's Council and the Clergy's Council and gives out commands that are to be obeyed by all Dwarves, approved by the Low Kings. He is elected out of the Low Kings and appointed by the Clergy, if he gets too powerful, a Middle King can be chosen... The Middle King will take an army and seize the throne or will rise during and interregnum.

The Low King's Council
Ruling over seperate autonomous mountains, the Low Kings have a lot of independence... However, they do have to uphold the commands made by the High King and the Clergy. High and Middle Kings are elected from the Low Kings and are accepted by the Clergy. The Low Kings meet at a Council where they make bylaws and agreements among each mountain, they have to meet at the capital at least five times a year and are overseen by the High King, which can ostracise any one of them that steps out of line.

Clergy's Council
The Clergy's job is to appoint the High King and make their own laws that aid pleasing Mahshemkat-Khul-de-Grimmr, our God. If needed, the Clergy can intrude on High King commands and Low King bylaws. However, if they step out of line the High King and the Low Kings can call upon Khul's Wrath. Khul's Wrath is an order that ostracises any corrupt clergymembers from the Dwarvish Kingdom, it is named this as it is from the Grand Book of Orders handed to us by Khul who wrote this system of Government.

Government Type: Limited Non-Hereditary Elected Monarchy

Sigil/Emblem:

(Image)

Population: 8,500,000

Military number: 15,000 (only 6,000 are active)

Military outline:

Dwarvish Axemen and Spearmen
This is the standard heavy infantry of the Dwarvish armies. They are professional soldiers and are the backbone of our armies. Both heavily armoured and skilled, the infantry is found in all mountains and when the Mobilising Horn is sounded, we can muster a lot of these men. Equipped with axes and spears, they provide both offensive and defensive capabilities.

Dwarvish Rangers
Using shortbows and crossbows, the rangers are our standard ranged units. Not as heavily armoured, they are also professional and are skilled equal to the infantry. They are found in less mountains and are mobilised by the Ranger's Horn. The Dwarvish Rangers are also skilled with an axe, though less so than the infantry.

The High King's Guards
Most elite of the Dwarvish armies. The only unit to use battleaxes, warhammers and even swords. The High King's Guard is found only by the High King and they abandon any Mountain loyalties to serve the High King. They are only found by the High King and in his barracks. Most heavily armoured and some say even uses a special blessing from Khul Himself.

Low King's Guards
The Low King's Guards are the guards of the Low Kings specifically. Less skilled and less varied in weaponry compared to the High King's Guards. They are loyal to their individual mountain and to their Low King even more. They protect them as body guards, when on campaign.

Dwarvish Levy Infantry
The majority of our infantry, less armoured and less skilled than our infantry. The levies are called when the Conscription Horn is sounded. They bear pickaxes and standard axes and have light armour as a defence.

Dwarvish Levy Slingers
Standard slingers, light ranged infantry. Least armoured of our units and levied from the most poor when the Conscription Horn is sounded. With staff and standard slings they throw rocks upon our enemies.

Languages: Dwarvish and Standard Human Language

History: The Dwarvish High Kingdom of the Southern Mountains is located in the mountains of the south, near to the grand sea. An ancient kingdom with even more ancient traditions and culture. In the days of the Alcenian Republic, as recorded by the Dwarf Themkar, who states 'Our Kingdom was expansive and grand. We had many connections to the Mannish tribes and even learnt how to stride along the grand blue canvas from them. In return we sold them our gold and such and taught them many a thing. The Mannish tribes were kind to us and we were kind to them.'

Then the Alcenian Republic became an Empire, swallowing those old Mannish tribes and engulfing them in their Empire. Luckily, under the guidance of the Grand High King, Khuzar 'The Diplomat' Hemenkar of the Khuzud-Khal. We maintained good relations with the Empire and we continued to do as we always did. During this time, we built the Grand Tunnels, using the money from our Alcenian trade to build Grand Tunnels between the Fifteen Peaks. From Haldomor-Khal in the West to Shemakar-Khal in the East. Built on the backs of Alcenian slaves from all over their empire.

Being one of the biggest pushers of the Alcenian Slave Trade soon backfired as the Empire turned their gaze to our Kingdom. Immediately, High King Thurin 'The Emancipator' or 'The Coward', abolished slavery in order to cut all connections to the Empire. He then saw the Alcenian Armies march towards his home and contacted a group of wise elders at the summit of the Shemakar-Khal and they issued and order... A command. 'NO DWARF SHALL LEAVE THE FIFTEEN PEAKS' they bellowed and so Thurin followed their orders. The Mountains were sealed shut.

However, from the summits of our Khals. We saw what had happened to the continent. Watching helplessly as the Curse swept the Alcenian Empire and the Age of Sorrows passed. We hid in our mountains watching in horror. No other race has seen a Dwarf from the Southern Mountains in those days and all doors are shut. Until the Age of Sorrows ended.

The Command of the Elders has been upheld for centuries. Perhaps now is the day that the Command be repealed, as Human tribes return to their natural state and new kingdoms arise. Perhaps our old one shall be fit in.

Religion:
Dwarvish Monotheism
Dwarvish Monotheism is based on one God, Mahshemkat-Khul-de-Grimmr (Mahshemkat-God-Of-Dwarves), omnipotent but not always omnibenevolent and the like. He is an ancient God from the beginning of Dwarvish kind. Khul, as said colloquially, has given us many gifts. For example the Grand Book of Orders, which gives us our system of Government. We have High Priests to beg His blessing, which can be given at His whim. We pray He is kind enough to give us blessings. Like a father, he can be kind and can be rude also.

Races: Dwarves

Capital City: Haldomor-Khal

Land Controlled: Mountains to the southeast.

Enemies: N/A

I have adjusted my population count and my military.
From Island to Island, Fiat et Iustitia Supremus

Nuxipal
Powerbroker

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nuxipal » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:59 pm

Name of Faction: Alliance of the Stone

Ruler: Draconic - High King Caeliphon IV
- Caeliphon is a 322 year old Dragon. Born during the Sundering along with most of his kind. He rose to defend a clan of Dwarves in a mountain stronghold in the Northern Deserts.
Nulkihm - King Therin XX, Great King of Stone
- Therin Silverstone is the Ruler of the largest city, which also has a companion Human settlement on the surface.
Thardun - King Nordak IV, King of the Sand Sea
Gul Todihr - Queen Vistra I, Queen of the Deep
Gul Vandihr - King Ulfgar II, King of the Deep Veins
Nirrihm - King Adrik V, King of the Fire Mountains
Gul Buldihr - King Rurik XI, King of the Rifts

Description of Government: The Draconic High King rules a council of Kings which meets once every year at the Stone Sigil during the winter. Each Dwarfhold is ruled by either King or a council of nobles which report to one of the six Dwarf Kings. The Human settlement is ruled by a council of Lords numbering 21. One of which is elected to be the head of the Council every year.

Government Type: Fuedal Monarchy
Sigil/Emblem:

Population: 430,150

400,000 Dwarves
30,000 Humans
150 Dragons (of varying ages ranging from 350 to newly hatched)

Military number : 4300 Professional Troops, 25,000 more levies available. Town guards number vary between 100 and 1200 depending on the Hold. Human settlement has 700 guards on the surface.

Military outline : Professional Soldiers in the Alliance are rare, but are highly effective heavy infantry. Primarily using Axes and Hammers, some are trained to use pikes and bows. There are several orders within these professional troops which have specified jobs.

Dragon Guard - The Dragon Guard are those chosen by the High King to join his armies. Only the greatest of the warriors are given this honor. With armor made from dragon scales which have shed off of various dragons. Each of them has a unique pattern made into their armor by the armor workers of the Stone Sigil's armory. The Order counts 522 at current.

Legion of the Dead - The Legion of the Dead is an elite force of 1000 strong which has always been used as shock troops of the Alliance. They are headquartered in the hold of Nirrihm, the northernmost holding of the Alliance, but can make it to the south after 30 days or so of riding in the deep roads.

Languages: Dwarven, Draconic, Imperial

History: The History of the Dwarven Holds of Barak goes back before the Empire's invasion. The Dwarfholds of the Alliance were part of 3 different nations, based on the three major settlements with surface connections. However, their combined armies fell and lost several holds to the Empire. Since that time the Dwarves have worked together to keep their holds safe from human assault, only one has any humans anywhere near it, that would be Nulkihm. Nulkihm has become a sort of point of contact with the human realms to the south.

The small contact was more than enough for humans to covet the wealth beneath the sands which the Alliance horded. Gold, Silver, gemstones, and various other valuable metals were already sold beyond the borders of the Alliance. The First War of the Stone and Sea was waged as Human adventurers crossed the Strait of Barak. Seven times the humans rushed the gates of Nulkihm, and seven times they were thrown back. The humans fell back and failed to capture any territory.

The Second and Third wars were similar outcomes. However, the Fourth War, the humans attacked a new route. They went around most of the Desert and up the Euxine River to the Stone Sigil and attacked Thardun. Thardun was not built as a fortress, but it did have volcanoes nearby which make for a dangerous assault up very high mountains. Eventually the humans began to break through the defenses and began storming the city. From the Sigil, a shadow rises. A half-dozen young adult dragons descend on the Human forces and begin to destroy them. Lightning, Fire, Ice, Acid, and Poison fall from the sky and begin to decimate the Human forces. Within a few hours the Human Army was completely destroyed. The Dwarf King swore Loyalty to the High King of the Dragons and in the next few decades the other Dwarf Holds join the new alliance. This Alliance of Stone was newly formed and the Dwarves clear the Straits of Pirates and soon a new wave of trade begins to enter the Dwarfholds.

Every so often, there is a Dragon sighting in the Desert. The Dwarfs now shrug and say "Perhaps. No one truly knows what is out there these days."

Religion: Dwarven Polytheism

Races: Dwarven, Human, Dragon

Capital City: Stone Sigil
Land Controlled: Will include a map when I can.

Allies: Coastal Trading Communities, Other Dwarves
Enemies: Imperial Humans

Arvenia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 21, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Arvenia » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:13 am

Are there other races beside Humans, Elves, Dwarves and Orcs?
Pro: Political Pluralism, Centrism, Liberalism, Liberal Democracy, Social Democracy, Sweden, USA, UN, ROC, Japan, South Korea, Monarchism, Republicanism, Sci-Fi, Animal Rights, Gender Equality, Mecha, Autism, Environmentalism, Secularism, Religion and LGBT Rights
Anti: Racism, Sexism, Nazism, Fascism, EU, Socialism, Adolf Hitler, Neo-Nazism, KKK, Joseph Stalin, PRC, North Korea, Russia, Iran, Saudi-Arabia, Communism, Ultraconservatism, Ultranationalism, Xenophobia, Homophobia, Transphobia, WBC, Satanism, Mormonism, Anarchy, ISIS, al-Qaeda, Recep Tayyip Erdogan, 969 Movement, Political Correctness, Anti-Autistic Sentiment, Far-Right, Far-Left, Cultural Relativism, Anti-Vaxxers, Scalpers and COVID-19

Tysklandia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tysklandia » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:05 am

Arvenia wrote:Are there other races beside Humans, Elves, Dwarves and Orcs?

As posted in the OOC, you can make any race you want. The stereotypical races such as orcs and centaurs are "evil" races. So if you want a faction of those, I would expect a rather brutal, raider society.
Outside of that, you have a free slate. The OP does state that you need to try and balance your race somewhat. So they don't end up brutally OP when fighting against a human, dwarf or whatnot.

Spindle
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Spindle » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:34 am

Nuxipal wrote:Name of Faction: Alliance of the Stone

Okay, can I be the first to pronounce my sheer terror at this faction? Not that I think it's overpowered, I just love the fact that it's dwarves and dragons.

And I'm waiting nervously for the day when some enterprising dwarven engineer decides to strap a siege weapon to a dragon. Or multiple siege engines, depending on size. And possibly an archer. Or two. Or twenty.

Tysklandia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tysklandia » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:51 am

I will likely grab all current applications in a bundle and give them a look tommorow somewhere. Then I will try and find a guideline and PM you if I have things I would like added or changed.

Spindle
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Spindle » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:52 am

Tysklandia wrote:I will likely grab all current applications in a bundle and give them a look tommorow somewhere. Then I will try and find a guideline and PM you if I have things I would like added or changed.

Many thank!

Nuxipal
Powerbroker

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nuxipal » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:18 pm

Spindle wrote:
Nuxipal wrote:Name of Faction: Alliance of the Stone

Okay, can I be the first to pronounce my sheer terror at this faction? Not that I think it's overpowered, I just love the fact that it's dwarves and dragons.

And I'm waiting nervously for the day when some enterprising dwarven engineer decides to strap a siege weapon to a dragon. Or multiple siege engines, depending on size. And possibly an archer. Or two. Or twenty.

I thought about that, but it'll take lots of time for something like that. The more common thing that will likely happen, the few dozen or so Dragons which can go into combat will either be generals or work with teams of the elite Dwarves by dropping them off in places to be most effective or as a small strike force. The latter happens in a D&D campaign where a dragon drops off a strike team of dwarves on a giant's flying castle.

Spindle
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Spindle » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:24 pm

Nuxipal wrote:
Spindle wrote:Okay, can I be the first to pronounce my sheer terror at this faction? Not that I think it's overpowered, I just love the fact that it's dwarves and dragons.

I thought about that, but it'll take lots of time for something like that. The more common thing that will likely happen, the few dozen or so Dragons which can go into combat will either be generals or work with teams of the elite Dwarves by dropping them off in places to be most effective or as a small strike force. The latter happens in a D&D campaign where a dragon drops off a strike team of dwarves on a giant's flying castle.

I mean, that and the logistical wet dream that dragons (And other large, flying creatures) represent are the reasons I wanna get Great Eagles or some such. Great Pigeons, perhaps?

Tysklandia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tysklandia » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:05 pm

I give my human "plot" faction a single dragon, multiple dragons can be dangerous.

As per my request in the OP, can everyone describe their races? even standard dwarves or elves.
Especially dragons and such, I still need to do so for my own dragon, having your own description for what those dragons can do will do much for figuring out balance.
I can't make a fair check for balance unless I know how "strong" your dragons are.

Nuxipal
Powerbroker

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nuxipal » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:51 pm

Tysklandia wrote:I give my human "plot" faction a single dragon, multiple dragons can be dangerous.

As per my request in the OP, can everyone describe their races? even standard dwarves or elves.
Especially dragons and such, I still need to do so for my own dragon, having your own description for what those dragons can do will do much for figuring out balance.
I can't make a fair check for balance unless I know how "strong" your dragons are.

I'll get to that. I am at some crazy marriage retreat thing to make my wife happy, so we can get married in her church. Won't be available for the next day or so.

Darksworth
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Darksworth » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:24 pm

Nuxipal wrote:I'll get to that. I am at some crazy marriage retreat thing to make my wife happy, so we can get married in her church. Won't be available for the next day or so.

Hey mate, congrats!

Tysklandia wrote:I give my human "plot" faction a single dragon, multiple dragons can be dangerous.

\

Roger that, I'll be getting on it later in the day, the New Year party over at my home is one hell' of a mess to clean up.
Based on this Index
---
Based on this Index

---

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse