NATION

PASSWORD

Anyone can be President! Alternate US Presidential Election

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Monarchy of Japanada
Senator

Founded: Nov 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Monarchy of Japanada » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:25 am

^ That probably didn't do any good in Centrist/swing states, but in Southern states, possibly.
Last edited by Monarchy of Japanada on Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Arlenton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 16, 2012
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Arlenton » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:27 am

Monarchy of Japanada wrote:^ That probably didn't help, at least in Centrist/swing states.

But it may have just swung most of the Marston-leaning south over to Ramalan.

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:29 am

Arlenton wrote:
Monarchy of Japanada wrote:^ That probably didn't help, at least in Centrist/swing states.

that was my goal
NS Parliament: Aditya Sriraam - Unity and Consolidation Party
Latin American Political RP
RightValues
Icelandic Civic Nationalist and proud
I’m your average Íslandic NS player
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!
A 12 civilization, according to this index.
Scary Right Wing Capitalist who thinks the current state of the world (before the pandemic) is the best it had been

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:31 am

Are we going to have media backlash in this RP, because the communist joke probably triggered the media
RightValues
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!
Scary Right Wing Capitalist who thinks the current state of the world (before the pandemic) is the best it had been

Monarchy of Japanada
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Monarchy of Japanada » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:32 am

Aureumterra wrote:Are we going to have media backlash in this RP, because the communist joke probably triggered the media

Probably the Feminism and LGBT part more.

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:33 am

Monarchy of Japanada wrote:
Aureumterra wrote:Are we going to have media backlash in this RP, because the communist joke probably triggered the media

Probably the Feminism and LGBT part more.

that sure would make the RP more interesting with the media and different outlets voicing their opinion on candidates
Last edited by Aureumterra on Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
RightValues
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!

Arlenton
Postmaster-General

Postby Arlenton » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:34 am

Aureumterra wrote:OOC: How was the rally?

Polls have begun to shift in the south and in some western states after Presidential candidate Robert Ramalan gives a fiery speech in Little Rock, Arkansas.

Polls
Alabama: small Ramalan lead
Alaska: small Marston lead
Arizona: large Marston lead
Arkansas: medium Ramalan lead
California: medium Emmerson-Park lead
Colorado: small Marston lead
Connecticut: small Vikstrom lead
DC: large Lee lead
Delaware: small Lee lead
Florida: medium Marston lead
Georgia: small Marston lead
Hawaii: large Emmerson-Park lead
Idaho: small Marston lead
Illinois: small Lee lead
Indiana: small Ramalan lead
Iowa: medium Lee lead
Kansas: medium Marston lead
Kentucky: large Ramalan lead
Louisiana: small Ramalan lead
Maine: large Vikstrom lead
Maryland: small Lee lead
Massachusetts: large Vikstrom lead
Michigan: large McNally lead
Minnesota: large Lee lead
Mississippi: small Ramalan lead
Missouri: small Ramalan lead
Montana: small Marston lead
Nebraska: small Marston lead
Nevada: medium Marston lead
New Hampshire: small Vikstrom lead
New Jersey: small Lee lead
New Mexico: medium Marston lead
New York: small Lee lead
North Carolina: small Marston lead
North Dakota: small Lee lead
Ohio: small McNally lead
Oklahoma: medium Marston lead
Oregon: medium Emmerson-Park lead
Pennsylvania: medium Ramalan lead
Rhode Island: medium Vikstrom lead
South Carolina: small Ramalan lead
South Dakota: small Lee lead
Tennessee: medium Ramalan lead
Texas: large Marston lead
Utah: large Marston lead
Vermont: large Vikstrom lead
Virginia: small Marston lead
Washington: medium Emmerson-Park lead
West Virginia: large Ramalan lead
Wisconsin: small Lee lead
Wyoming: medium Marston lead

Arlenton
Postmaster-General

Postby Arlenton » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:35 am

Yes there is backlash, as seen in the polling in Southern states.

White Southerners hate the media. ;)
Last edited by Arlenton on Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Monarchy of Japanada
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Monarchy of Japanada » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:36 am

Arlenton wrote:

I said possibly in Southern states. But I was talking about Indiana, Pennsylvania and potentially Missouri (To a lesser degree) where support may be lowered.
Last edited by Monarchy of Japanada on Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Monarchy of Japanada
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Monarchy of Japanada » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:38 am

Also, whats with the Dakotas?

Arlenton
Postmaster-General

Postby Arlenton » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:40 am

Monarchy of Japanada wrote:
Arlenton wrote:But it may have just swung most of the Marston-leaning south over to Ramalan.

I said possibly in Southern states. But I was talking about Indiana, Pennsylvania and potentially Missouri (To a lesser degree.)

Urban Pennsylvania (and to a lesser degree Indiana and Missouri) yea, but it's pretty split between Lee, Marston, and McNally at the moment. Ramalan is very popular in rural areas here.

Arlenton
Postmaster-General

Postby Arlenton » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:44 am

Monarchy of Japanada wrote:Also, whats with the Dakotas?

Looking at past elections, the Dakotas have historically been more economically left wing "farmer/labor" type states, compared the rest of the great plains states like Nebraska and Kansas. Especially South Dakota. Factor out the IRL two party domination and split the conservative vote between Marston and Ramalan, and a liberal from Minnesota has a slight lead.

Al-Ghaihr
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 13, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Al-Ghaihr » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:54 am

Candidate Description
Picture of candidate (optional): Image
Candidate name: Abdul Al'Shad
Candidate race: Arab
Candidate home state: North Carolina
Candidate residence: North Carolina
Candidate Platform
Abortion: Against abortion. Not really for it, except when it's rape or life or death.
Crime: Reduce crime and take down gangs that are plaguing america. Will make new laws against gangs.
Death penalty: Neutral on this. Will allow states to make their own decision.
Drug legalization: Legalization of soft drugs and legalize soft opiates such as Hydrocodone and so on. Make Suboxone and Methadone and other drugs to wean people off opiates that are legalized under his policy OTC and free to those who can prove they are addicted and want help.
Education: For education strongly. Will invest in more free education for college students.
Energy: Nuclear power is viewed as an strong option and safer. Willing to invest in alternative energy.
Environment: Deeply cares about the Environment and wants to make sure it's protected by climate change agreements and laws on corporations and so on.
Foreign Aid: Willing to step up foreign aid to countries who need it and willing to stop the conflict between the US and Iran, and possibly work with North Korea.
Foreign Policy: Willing to work with North Korea and Iran, sees war as not an option in the grand scheme of politics. Will cooperate with foreign leaders to bring an greater America.
Guns: Wants to repeal Class 3 ban on firearms, wants to legalize more firearms and grant fully automatic firearms freedom in the USA but monitored.
Healthcare: Some medicines that are life-saving and vital should be OTC and/or free. Will work on making this happen.
Homeland security: Wants to invest in arming the police more to deal with criminals. Wants to stop racial profiling of Muslim-Americans. Served in Iraq and was awarded MoH. Will work to make the US army strong as possible.
Immigration: Thinks there should be a temporary ban on the Mexican border rather than Arab countries due to the flow of much harder and unsafe drugs. Will work to put a ban on the Mexican border.
Israel: Thinks that Israel should be dropped and will work to do this. Will recognize Palestine as the proper country.
LGBT rights: Neutral on this, will let states decide.
Minimum wage: Believes the Min. wage should be $12 for all positions.
Taxes: Sees low taxes as the proper way of living. Will work hard to make this a reality.
Trade: Will work hard to do trade with governments across the world and bring more jobs to the US and make the US economy strong and prosperous.
Unions: Neutral on this, will let states decide.
Welfare: Believes that those who are disabled or mentally challenged are able to receive welfare without cuts to it. As long as 3 verified health professionals can prove that they are.
Any other positions in candidate's platform (optional):
I'm a Muslim. I like to collect medals from across the world (military or civilian. I like the design of some medallions and in general, the ribbon designs and choices.)

My storefronts -
GAHA MEDALS AND WEAPONS DESIGN
https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=431325
Number one contractor of medals for your nation!
GAZA PHARMACEUTICALS
https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=435258
The only active pharmaceutical company in Nationstates and also the only one that uses original drawings.
CLICK ME!
About me:
This nation represents my political views in real life, however. It is more monarchy.

My political compass:
https://www.politicalcompass.org/chart?ec=0.88&soc=4.46

Arlenton
Postmaster-General

Postby Arlenton » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:57 am

Al-Ghaihr wrote:Candidate Description
Picture of candidate (optional): (Image)
Candidate name: Abdul Al'Shad
Candidate race: Arab
Candidate home state: North Carolina
Candidate residence: North Carolina
Candidate Platform
Abortion: Against abortion. Not really for it, except when it's rape or life or death.
Crime: Reduce crime and take down gangs that are plaguing america. Will make new laws against gangs.
Death penalty: Neutral on this. Will allow states to make their own decision.
Drug legalization: Legalization of soft drugs and legalize soft opiates such as Hydrocodone and so on. Make Suboxone and Methadone and other drugs to wean people off opiates that are legalized under his policy OTC and free to those who can prove they are addicted and want help.
Education: For education strongly. Will invest in more free education for college students.
Energy: Nuclear power is viewed as an strong option and safer. Willing to invest in alternative energy.
Environment: Deeply cares about the Environment and wants to make sure it's protected by climate change agreements and laws on corporations and so on.
Foreign Aid: Willing to step up foreign aid to countries who need it and willing to stop the conflict between the US and Iran, and possibly work with North Korea.
Foreign Policy: Willing to work with North Korea and Iran, sees war as not an option in the grand scheme of politics. Will cooperate with foreign leaders to bring an greater America.
Guns: Wants to repeal Class 3 ban on firearms, wants to legalize more firearms and grant fully automatic firearms freedom in the USA but monitored.
Healthcare: Some medicines that are life-saving and vital should be OTC and/or free. Will work on making this happen.
Homeland security: Wants to invest in arming the police more to deal with criminals. Wants to stop racial profiling of Muslim-Americans. Served in Iraq and was awarded MoH. Will work to make the US army strong as possible.
Immigration: Thinks there should be a temporary ban on the Mexican border rather than Arab countries due to the flow of much harder and unsafe drugs. Will work to put a ban on the Mexican border.
Israel: Thinks that Israel should be dropped and will work to do this. Will recognize Palestine as the proper country.
LGBT rights: Neutral on this, will let states decide.
Minimum wage: Believes the Min. wage should be $12 for all positions.
Taxes: Sees low taxes as the proper way of living. Will work hard to make this a reality.
Trade: Will work hard to do trade with governments across the world and bring more jobs to the US and make the US economy strong and prosperous.
Unions: Neutral on this, will let states decide.
Welfare: Believes that those who are disabled or mentally challenged are able to receive welfare without cuts to it. As long as 3 verified health professionals can prove that they are.

Accepted, but you should specify what city/town in NC is the candidate's residence.

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:57 am

Can I just do something completely silly in this thread?

As in a non human mascot for a baseball team to be president?

Arlenton
Postmaster-General

Postby Arlenton » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:00 am

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:Can I just do something completely silly in this thread?

Sure, but don't expect to win. Except for maybe in the hometown of the baseball team.

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:02 am

Arlenton wrote:
The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:Can I just do something completely silly in this thread?

Sure, but don't expect to win. Except for maybe in the hometown of the baseball team.

Cool!

Does it matter that the candidate is from my nation on NS?

Arlenton
Postmaster-General

Postby Arlenton » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:04 am

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:
Arlenton wrote:Sure, but don't expect to win. Except for maybe in the hometown of the baseball team.

Cool!

They have to be from somewhere in the US.

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:10 am

Arlenton wrote:
The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:
Cool!

They have to be from somewhere in the US.

I see.

So I can just create a new character that is in the US but is functionally the same as that other mascot?

Monarchy of Japanada
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Monarchy of Japanada » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:11 am

Los Angeles, CA, Jaden Lee (Rally)

"The justice system has long been corrupt and unjust to American minorities, specifically Hispanics and African-Americans. As a person of half African-American descent, I have not experienced anything personally, but my father has on several occasions. I have heard a few of his stories, have heard what he has to say and have expressed my concerns to him, but not just him, also from you. You standing here in front of me, and those on the streets. I think its time for a more fair future, an overhaul of the system, to seek out discrimination and do my best to prevent it. And for fair taxes, the rich shall may more, but the poor shall pay less. People should pay only what they can afford to pay, not whatever the government wishes to pick out of their pockets while the rich does not have to contribute what they can obviously afford without consequence. And I promise regular tax breaks as well. There will never be a perfect solution to this, but could there be a better one? Yes, or at least I believe so, but do you? And if you do, will you stand alongside me, for the good of America? For it’s people who are left behind and mistreated just because of traditionalist fundamentals, of pasts which they cannot control, of they're birthplace, or genetics or of stereotypes? But to achieve this we cannot use violence or fear as a tool. We must be civil, and anything else will only strengthen the stereotypes you wish to go away. I am Jaden Frith Lee, For a better Tomorrow, for a better World, for a better USA."

Probably not good, because I'm not a very expressive person, and I didn't double check for contradictions or mistakes, but whatever. Also, I didn't show the crowd's reaction.
Last edited by Monarchy of Japanada on Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:16 am

I can imagine it, “Brutus Buckeye for president! Make Ohio great again!”
RightValues
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!

Arlenton
Postmaster-General

Postby Arlenton » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:19 am

Monarchy of Japanada wrote:Los Angeles, CA, Jaden Lee (Rally)

"The justice system has long been corrupt and unjust to American minorities, specifically Hispanics and African-Americans. As a person of half African-American descent, I have not experienced anything personally, but my father has on several occasions. I have heard a few of his stories, have heard what he has to say and have expressed my concerns to him, but not just him, also from you. You standing here in front of me, and those on the streets. I think its time for a more fair future, an overhaul of the system, to seek out discrimination and do my best to prevent it. And for fair taxes, the rich shall may more, but the poor shall pay less. People should pay only what they can afford to pay, not whatever the government wishes to pick out of their pockets while the rich does not have to contribute what they can obviously afford without consequence. And I promise regular tax breaks as well. There will never be a perfect solution to this, but could there be a better one? Yes, or at least I believe so, but do you? And if you do, will you stand alongside me, for the good of America? For it’s people who are left behind and mistreated just because of traditionalist fundamentals, of pasts which they cannot control, of they're birthplace, or genetics or of stereotypes? But to achieve this we cannot use violence or fear as a tool. We must be civil, and anything else will only strengthen the stereotypes you wish to go away. I am Jaden Frith Lee, For a better Tomorrow, for a better World, for a better USA."

Probably not good, because I'm not a very expressive person, and I didn't double check for contradictions or mistakes, but whatever. Also, I didn't show the crowd's reaction.

Any effort will give you a boost. California seems like it will be a big showdown between Emmerson-Park, Lee, and Marston. E-P gets the white liberals in San Francisco and northern California, Marston gets the rich whites in Orange county and wealthy suburban areas in southern California, and Lee will probably get the massive diverse city of Los Angeles along with left leaning whites who aren't left enough for E-P. All three candidate will will likely split the Hispanic vote in the state.

Though another candidate entering the race could shake that up.

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:22 am

Arlenton wrote:
Monarchy of Japanada wrote:Los Angeles, CA, Jaden Lee (Rally)

Any effort will give you a boost. California seems like it will be a big showdown between Emmerson-Park, Lee, and Marston. E-P gets the white liberals in San Francisco and northern California, Marston gets the rich whites in Orange county and wealthy suburban areas in southern California, and Lee will probably get the massive diverse city of Los Angeles along with left leaning whites who aren't left enough for E-P. All three candidate will will likely split the Hispanic vote in the state.

Though another candidate entering the race could shake that up.

Well, things are working splendidly, I won’t even try in CA, I have my sights set on TX
Last edited by Aureumterra on Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
RightValues
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:23 am

i’m using the southern strategy that Nixon and Kennedy used
RightValues
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!

Toshavo
Bureaucrat

Founded: Dec 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Toshavo » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:27 am

Candidate Description
Picture of candidate (optional): Image
Candidate name: Patrick Star
Candidate race: Starfish
Candidate home state: Bikini Bottom (In this case Hawaii)
Candidate residence: 120 Conch Street, Bikini Bottom, Pacific Ocean
Candidate Platform
Abortion: Legalize; fully supports
Crime: Allow police to wear special cameras, against-police brutality, supports crime system
Death penalty: Against, believes that criminals should be rehabilitated
Drug legalization: Pro, believes that recreational drugs need to be legalized
Education: More funding for education system, less taxes on student tution, i.e more affordable
Energy: Neutral
Environment: Believes in climate change is real, supports reducing CO2 emissions, greenhouse gasses, unnecessary waste, and pollution
Foreign Aid: Neutral
Foreign Policy: Wants to cooperate with Russia, China. Supports Sanctions on North Korea
Guns: Neutral
Healthcare: Believes that healthcare should be given as a right not a privilege
Homeland security: Supports crackdown on crime
Immigration: Undocumented Migrants should not be given Visas, though should stay temporarily, until deported
Israel: Neutral. Wants Palestine independent though
LGBT rights: Pro
Minimum wage: Pro, supports $12 wage raise
Taxes: Higher taxes for the rich, works to solve the deficit
Trade: Neutral
Unions: Neutral
Welfare: Pro

-Supports rights for animals
-Believs Seaweed should be legalized
-Increased funding for NOAA and NASA
-More, liberal economic system