NATION

PASSWORD

Anyone can be President! Alternate US Presidential Election

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Monarchy of Japanada
Senator

Founded: Nov 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Monarchy of Japanada » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:27 pm

Detroit, MI, Matthew Lee (Rally)

"We must unite. McNally, Emmerson-Park and to some extent even Vikstrom supporters. We must unite. The Conservatives will win. As you know, I have gained a lead in Missouri and most shockingly, even to myself, Mississippi, thanks to Conservatives bashing heads. But Marston is ahead (?) and just imagine what would happen if Ramalan won. I am not attacking my opponents, or even discouraging them, but we are weak alone, and our beliefs are similar enough that integration would not be an issue. I will listen to what you want, and try my best to balance democracy, freedom and progressive, moral values rather than just what I want. Your opinion matters to me not just as politician but as a person and active citizen who cares about what fellow Americans, no matter what race, religion, gender, sexual orientation or age have to say. I also wish to lower the voting age to sixteen. Many teenagers have taken a keen interest in politics, and care strongly about what they believe, so they should have a chance to speak up. Not just that, but the Electoral College must be abolished!
Listen...this is a rallying call, a call for all like-minded Americans, all like-minded Americans who care, as always your beliefs shall be respected...but just think. Think. It is time that something is done. And as always, this is Matthew Frith Lee, "For a better Tomorrow, for a better World, for a better USA. Thank you, America."

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:32 pm

Candidate Description
Picture of candidate (optional): I can't do one because I can't see. This won't affect anything will it?
Candidate name: Vincent Abryl
Candidate race: white
Candidate home state: Texas
Candidate residence: Houston, Texas
Candidate Platform
Abortion: Generally against, and considers the law surrounding abortion to be supreme court medalling. However he believes it should be left up to the states. Supports defunding planned parenthood.
Crime: Believes that rehabilitation is the answer. Supports putting more funding into community police force training to identify and stop crime before it happens, by working with known at-risk individuals and ex-convicts.
Death penalty: Generally supports, however only for murder and requiring the highest levels of proof.
Drug legalization: Believes that such things should be up to the states
Education: Firm advocate of school vouchers, but also of putting more funds into public schools to reduce class sizes.
Energy: Believes in expanding America's pipeline system, more domestic drilling, expansion of nuclear power and fracking with an aim to be energy self-sufficient
Environment: Believes that more proof needs to be offered for climate change but is wiling to listen to it when he hears it.
Foreign Aid: Foreign aid should be cut and largely used for disaster and humanitarian relief.
Foreign Policy: Supports the creation of a network of allies across the world to closely share information, however is not in favour of the mass retention of phone and internet records. Believes that the right answer is to prop up stable governments which deal with terrorism in their home nations, regardless of how those governments may treat their citizenry.
Guns: Against gun control, and believes that universities which enforce 'gun-free' campuses should have some federal funding withdrawn.
Healthcare: Believes in the expansion of medicare and Medicaid to cover more Americans, however does not support a shift to single payer. Believes that insurance companies should be freer to compete between states.
Homeland security: Largely against expanding monitoring power, however supports close monitoring of individuals on a 'terrorist watchlist,' allowing for greater scrutiny of risky individuals.
Immigration: Believes that their should be an amnesty for some illegal imigrants, but only those that have learnt English, are working and have no criminal record. Would support increased border security.
Israel: Criticises the building of new settlements and briefly considered suggesting cutting aid to Israel. Advocate of a two-state solution.
LGBT rights: Should be left up to the states.
Minimum wage: Should be left up to the states.
Taxes: Favours a cut in corporation tax, as well as in taxes for all income levels.
Trade: Trade with other high-income countries should be prioritised, the focus of international trade should be to share expertise.
Unions: Have a role in business to represent workers however should not shut major services down.
Welfare: Welfare should be cut and beneficiaries should be drug-tested and required to keep away from crime.
Any other positions in candidate's platform (optional): Firm believer in reduction of drinking age to 18
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Arlenton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 16, 2012
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Arlenton » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:34 pm

Ceolophysia wrote:
Arlenton wrote:Baasch appeals to a similar demographic as Ramalan, so the votes have been split. Same with how Marston's leads in the west and southwest shrank once Magnusson entered the race.

Just as a question, is the demographic that Magnusson and Marston both appeal to middle class whites?

In simple terms, yes. Marston has an edge with the wealthier (upper middle class and rich) and more urban ones and Magnussan with the less wealthy (lower middle class to middle class) and more rural ones. Marston also has good support from Hispanics (particularly Cubans) and some Asian groups, that Magnussan does not.

Monarchy of Japanada
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Monarchy of Japanada » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:36 pm

You should make a post that shows all major candidate's main sources of support/votes.

Arlenton
Postmaster-General

Postby Arlenton » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:36 pm

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:Candidate Description
Picture of candidate (optional): I can't do one because I can't see. This won't affect anything will it?
Candidate Platform
Abortion: Generally against, and considers the law surrounding abortion to be supreme court medalling. However he believes it should be left up to the states. Supports defunding planned parenthood.
Crime: Believes that rehabilitation is the answer. Supports putting more funding into community police force training to identify and stop crime before it happens, by working with known at-risk individuals and ex-convicts.
Death penalty: Generally supports, however only for murder and requiring the highest levels of proof.
Education: Firm advocate of school vouchers, but also of putting more funds into public schools to reduce class sizes.
Energy: Believes in expanding America's pipeline system, more domestic drilling, expansion of nuclear power and fracking with an aim to be energy self-sufficient
Environment: Believes that more proof needs to be offered for climate change but is wiling to listen to it when he hears it.
Foreign Aid: Foreign aid should be cut and largely used for disaster and humanitarian relief.
Foreign Policy: Supports the creation of a network of allies across the world to closely share information, however is not in favour of the mass retention of phone and internet records. Believes that the right answer is to prop up stable governments which deal with terrorism in their home nations, regardless of how those governments may treat their citizenry.
Guns: Against gun control, and believes that universities which enforce 'gun-free' campuses should have some federal funding withdrawn.
Healthcare: Believes in the expansion of medicare and Medicaid to cover more Americans, however does not support a shift to single payer. Believes that insurance companies should be freer to compete between states.
Homeland security: Largely against expanding monitoring power, however supports close monitoring of individuals on a 'terrorist watchlist,' allowing for greater scrutiny of risky individuals.
Immigration: Believes that their should be an amnesty for some illegal imigrants, but only those that have learnt English, are working and have no criminal record. Would support increased border security.
Israel: Criticises the building of new settlements and briefly considered suggesting cutting aid to Israel. Advocate of a two-state solution.
Taxes: Favours a cut in corporation tax, as well as in taxes for all income levels.
Trade: Trade with other high-income countries should be prioritised, the focus of international trade should be to share expertise.
Unions: Have a role in business to represent workers however should not shut major services down.
Welfare: Welfare should be cut and beneficiaries should be drug-tested and required to keep away from crime.
Any other positions in candidate's platform (optional): Firm believer in reduction of drinking age to 18

Accepted. (three candidates from Texas!)

Arlenton
Postmaster-General

Postby Arlenton » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:37 pm

Monarchy of Japanada wrote:You should make a post that shows all major candidate's main sources of support/votes.

Good idea. Will work on that.

Monarchy of Japanada
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Monarchy of Japanada » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:38 pm

OP, I seriously thank you for being non-bias. I know I probably would be.

Arlenton
Postmaster-General

Postby Arlenton » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:40 pm

Monarchy of Japanada wrote:OP, I seriously thank you for being non-bias. I know I probably would be.

I make election results for fun, being bias would ruin the enjoyment.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:42 pm

Arlenton wrote:
Greater vakolicci haven wrote:Candidate Description
Candidate Platform

Accepted. (three candidates from Texas!)

Oh I didn't realise that. His home state isn't massively important, would you like me to change it?
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Monarchy of Japanada
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Monarchy of Japanada » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:46 pm

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:
Arlenton wrote:Accepted. (three candidates from Texas!)

Oh I didn't realise that. His home state isn't massively important, would you like me to change it?

He didn't have a problem with you having Vince's hs being Texas.

Toshavo
Bureaucrat

Founded: Dec 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Toshavo » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:48 pm

Arlenton wrote:Polls

Alabama: medium Ramalan lead
Alaska: small Marston lead
Arizona: large Marston lead
Arkansas: large Ramalan lead
California: small Emmerson-Park lead
Colorado: small Marston lead
Connecticut: small Vikstrom lead
DC: large Lee lead
Delaware: small Lee lead
Florida: small Marston lead
Georgia: small Ramalan lead
Hawaii: large Emmerson-Park lead
Idaho: small Marston lead
Illinois: small Lee lead
Indiana: small Ramalan lead
Iowa: medium Lee lead
Kansas: medium Marston lead
Kentucky: large Ramalan lead
Louisiana: medium Ramalan lead
Maine: large Vikstrom lead
Maryland: small Lee lead
Massachusetts: large Vikstrom lead
Michigan: large McNally lead
Minnesota: large Lee lead
Mississippi: small Ramalan lead
Missouri: small Ramalan lead
Montana: small Marston lead
Nebraska: small Marston lead
Nevada: medium Marston lead
New Hampshire: small Vikstrom lead
New Jersey: small Lee lead
New Mexico: small Marston lead
New York: small Lee lead
North Carolina: small Ramalan lead
North Dakota: small Lee lead
Ohio: small McNally lead
Oklahoma: small Marston lead
Oregon: medium Emmerson-Park lead
Pennsylvania: small Ramalan lead
Rhode Island: medium Vikstrom lead
South Carolina: small Ramalan lead
South Dakota: small Lee lead
Tennessee: large Ramalan lead
Texas: medium Marston lead
Utah: large Marston lead
Vermont: large Vikstrom lead
Virginia: small Marston lead
Washington: medium Emmerson-Park lead
West Virginia: large Ramalan lead
Wisconsin: small Lee lead
Wyoming: medium Marston lead

The Anti-Wumbo I'm sensing is strong. No polls for Mr. Star?

Support Patrick Star For President!

https://www.nationstates.net/nation=tos ... /id=944847

Rally will be tonight!
……(\_/)
……( ‘_’) *invades you
…./””””””””””””\======░ < pew pew pew pew pew
/”””””””””””””””””””\
\_@_@_@_@_@_/

Monarchy of Japanada
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Monarchy of Japanada » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:52 pm

Toshavo wrote:
Arlenton wrote:Polls

Alabama: medium Ramalan lead
Alaska: small Marston lead
Arizona: large Marston lead
Arkansas: large Ramalan lead
California: small Emmerson-Park lead
Colorado: small Marston lead
Connecticut: small Vikstrom lead
DC: large Lee lead
Delaware: small Lee lead
Florida: small Marston lead
Georgia: small Ramalan lead
Hawaii: large Emmerson-Park lead
Idaho: small Marston lead
Illinois: small Lee lead
Indiana: small Ramalan lead
Iowa: medium Lee lead
Kansas: medium Marston lead
Kentucky: large Ramalan lead
Louisiana: medium Ramalan lead
Maine: large Vikstrom lead
Maryland: small Lee lead
Massachusetts: large Vikstrom lead
Michigan: large McNally lead
Minnesota: large Lee lead
Mississippi: small Ramalan lead
Missouri: small Ramalan lead
Montana: small Marston lead
Nebraska: small Marston lead
Nevada: medium Marston lead
New Hampshire: small Vikstrom lead
New Jersey: small Lee lead
New Mexico: small Marston lead
New York: small Lee lead
North Carolina: small Ramalan lead
North Dakota: small Lee lead
Ohio: small McNally lead
Oklahoma: small Marston lead
Oregon: medium Emmerson-Park lead
Pennsylvania: small Ramalan lead
Rhode Island: medium Vikstrom lead
South Carolina: small Ramalan lead
South Dakota: small Lee lead
Tennessee: large Ramalan lead
Texas: medium Marston lead
Utah: large Marston lead
Vermont: large Vikstrom lead
Virginia: small Marston lead
Washington: medium Emmerson-Park lead
West Virginia: large Ramalan lead
Wisconsin: small Lee lead
Wyoming: medium Marston lead

The Anti-Wumbo I'm sensing is strong. No polls for Mr. Star?

Rally will be tonight!

The only problem is that noone will take him serious. But the policies are somewhat OK, personally.

Arlenton
Postmaster-General

Postby Arlenton » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:53 pm

Arlenton wrote:Accepted. (three candidates from Texas!)

I'd suggest changing it, simply because there are two other similar candidates in Texas and one of them also in the Houston area.

Toshavo
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Toshavo » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:54 pm

Monarchy of Japanada wrote:
Toshavo wrote:The Anti-Wumbo I'm sensing is strong. No polls for Mr. Star?

Rally will be tonight!

The only problem is that noone will take him serious. But the policies are somewhat OK, personally.

Well, no-one will take the "Silly Unicorn" seriously too.

I think he's the only joke candidicy. Yeah that's right, I'm serious with having this Starfish run
Last edited by Toshavo on Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
……(\_/)
……( ‘_’) *invades you
/”””””””””””””””””””\
\_@_@_@_@_@_/

Helowi
Diplomat

Founded: May 20, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Helowi » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:55 pm

OOC: Are you still accepting applications. And if so, can I make a satirical candidate?
Political Compass: Economic Left/Right: -3.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.95
ISideWith 2020 Election Results
https://www.isidewith.com/profile/34439 ... esidential

Arlenton
Postmaster-General

Postby Arlenton » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:55 pm

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:Oh I didn't realise that. His home state isn't massively important, would you like me to change it?

He didn't have a problem with you having Vince's hs being Texas.

It'd be easier to make the county map if he changed it. It's hard looking at all those white suburban counties around Houston trying to figure out which candidate will win them

Toshavo
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Toshavo » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:56 pm

Helowi wrote:OOC: Are you still accepting applications. And if so, can I make a satirical candidate?

I guess? Just make sure your policies are serious? I dunno
……(\_/)
……( ‘_’) *invades you
/”””””””””””””””””””\
\_@_@_@_@_@_/

Arlenton
Postmaster-General

Postby Arlenton » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:56 pm

Helowi wrote:OOC: Are you still accepting applications. And if so, can I make a satirical candidate?

Yes and any satirical candidates are welcome, but will not get too much support other than internet meme voters. I will factor them all into the results regardless though so expect some votes.

Helowi
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Helowi » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:58 pm

Arlenton wrote:

Yes and any satirical candidates are welcome, but will not get too much support other than internet meme voters. I will factor them all into the results regardless though so expect some votes.

Ok, thanks.

Monarchy of Japanada
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Monarchy of Japanada » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:59 pm

Arlenton wrote:
Monarchy of Japanada wrote:He didn't have a problem with you having Vince's hs being Texas.

It'd be easier to make the county map if he changed it. It's hard looking at all those white suburban counties around Houston trying to figure out which candidate will win them

OK. And my suggestion earlier was about a written post about social class/racial/for a lack of a better word 'occupational' supporters (Ex. Upper Class, Blacks and farmers. Or Lower Middle Class, Asian-Americans and veterans.) not a map, not that I mind one.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:01 pm

Arlenton wrote:
Monarchy of Japanada wrote:He didn't have a problem with you having Vince's hs being Texas.

I'll change to Florida then?

Arlenton
Postmaster-General

Postby Arlenton » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:02 pm

Arlenton wrote:It'd be easier to make the county map if he changed it. It's hard looking at all those white suburban counties around Houston trying to figure out which candidate will win them

OK. And my suggestion earlier was about a written post about social class/racial/for a lack of a better word 'occupational' supporters (Ex. Upper Class, Blacks and farmers. Or Lower Middle Class, Asian-Americans and veterans.) not a map, not that I mind one.

Yeah I know. But the final results will be a nationwide county map.

Along with a electoral vote map that will determine the winner.

I'm still going to make the list.
Last edited by Arlenton on Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arlenton
Postmaster-General

Postby Arlenton » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:03 pm

Arlenton wrote:It'd be easier to make the county map if he changed it. It's hard looking at all those white suburban counties around Houston trying to figure out which candidate will win them

I'll change to Florida then?

That'd be perfect!

Be sure to include the city because that's super important.
Last edited by Arlenton on Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Helowi
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Helowi » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:07 pm

Actually, gonna create a serious candidate.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:07 pm

Arlenton wrote:
Greater vakolicci haven wrote:I'll change to Florida then?

That'd be perfect!

Be sure to include the city because that's super important.

My web browser is going fuckfuck whenever I try and edit the post.
I'll put him in the tampa area.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse