NATION

PASSWORD

A Complex World-IC (REBOOTED VERSION)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

NewLakotah
Minister

Founded: Feb 18, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby NewLakotah » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:19 pm

10 Downing Street
London, United Kingdom

Mr. Prime Minster! Lucy Hollande. CBC News. How is your government's relationship with Europe and the EU and how does it differ from that of the previous government? And, considering the issues of separation are in motion, how do you feel Europe will respond?
"How smooth must be the language of the whites, when they can make right look like wrong, and wrong like right." ~~ Black Hawk, Sauk

"When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home." ~~ Tecumseh

Free Leonard Peltier!!

Romanussia
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Romanussia » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:30 pm

Federal Republic of Germany

10 Dowding Street, London:
The media...

Reporters from Germany may have scrambled to other l,aces; running off to the individual NATO and UN meetings, seeing to Russo-American negotiations, watching the Balkans erupt into flame, and keeping a close eye on the United States' next move in the Americas.

Yet, Die Welt journalists never faltered in their information.

A good amount of German Die Welt outlets had assembled outside London, listening intently to other questions and the speech the Prime Minister began with. The crowd around him went wild as he gave a key word: any questions.

And so the German media there, armed with notepads and scribbling furiously with their pens, listened in to the press and the politicians as the information came flooding in. Matthias Kamman had earned a very good career covering the international news around the world, and thus, was waiting patiently, arms folded, for his turn to ask his question. The crowd began to slow it's ruckus, and so he shoved his way to the front, stopping before the barricade. He carefully snapped an array of pictures before hanging his camera around his boulders and asking his own question.

Standing tall, he carefully spoke:
"Sir! Prime Minister! Yes, thank you for listening, I am Matthias Kaman for Die Welt, we were wondering how are you going to handle Brexit and other EU negotiations; will you aim for soft or hard Brexit? Will you embrace other countries are drift closer to Europe? What are your plans on foreign policy?"
The Kingdom of Romanussia
A nation based in the present inhabited by a more latinized Romanian culture ruled by a constitutional monarchy shrouded in a vivid and detailed history and armed with a disciplined and modernized military.
Capital: Traiana | Currency: Koson | Demonym: Romanus/Romanian

RNN: General elections proclaim Dacian Ciolos as new premier of Romanussia's legislature | Romanussia national under-21 soccer team wins its first UEFA Championship over Spain in the final | Romanus navy recieves first shipment of new equipment since its overhaul was approved by the General Staff | The Acordul calls for its next cooperative research operation

Revlona
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 23, 2017
Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:51 pm

Islamic State News

Hello brothers of the cause, earlier today, loyal freedom fighters rushed to the aid of local civilians struck down by planes piloted by Imperialist american pigs.

Many woman and children where sent to allah today, and there suffering shall condemn the american pigs to the deepest chasms of hell.

Times Square New York
Allah protect me, Allah lift me up to glory.

Khayrat Ziya al-Din Tawfiq held his Glock in one hand, and the button to trigger hi suicide vest in the other.

"American Pigs, Allah condemns you to hell" He shouted before he lifted his pistol and fired his entire magazine into the people around him, detonating his vest before the others had a chance escape.
Last edited by Revlona on Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lover of doggos

NewLakotah
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby NewLakotah » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:05 pm

Brussels, Belgium
NATO Headquarters

Buck listened as the American President countered with his argument about dealing with ISIS first, and letting Assad run his country. It was an argument she was familiar with, and one she was ready to respond to. She smiled to herself as the UK Prime Minster Ashworth heaped praise on her rebuttal. She listened with interest as he backed up her statements, including going farther to include words that stated that Assad should go now, and that a new coalition with Russia be formed. It was as intriguing as it was dangerous and risky. However, it was something that certainly should be given thought.

"Yes, Mr. President, you are correct. ISIL is the main issue. However, as long as Syria remains in shambles and in war-torn and weak state, there will always be an ISIL or whatever form terrorists take next. Al-Nusra is another growing faction of radical extremists in Syria, Al-Sham. There are others. Should we not also worry about them? But, hear me out please. I agree that ISIL is our main mission and prerogative. It is what I have stated. However, I stand with our British compatriots in this mission. Assad has to go. As long as their is a civil war, ISIL will have a safe haven. They will be able to slink into the shadows. Whether it be them, or Al-Nusra, or any other of the extremist factions, they will continue to fight and continue their attacks against the world. As long as Assad remains in power, there will be fighting. We cannot simply stand on the sideline and wait this out and support whoever might come out on top. We cannot also fight a war with one arm tied behind our back.

"ISIL will and always will be the main focus of our intervention. However, we cannot simply continue to feign ignorance over the catastrophic losses that the nation of Syria has faced. This war is not over, and it will not be over until Assad is gone. The rebels will not stop fighting. Not only because they believe in their cause, but they know they will be killed if Assad wins. With the Russians continuing to bomb the rebels, both moderates, FSA and extremists alike, it only feeds the system and will eventually make Assad the winner. And I simply do not believe, and I speak for the Canadian government, that Assad will simply then allow for a free and fair election to take place in his country. Simply no way.

"As for your plan of fousing on ISIL and then Assad. I think we already know why you are unwilling to take action against Assad. You have made your agreements with Russia. Unilateral agreements, without consulting your NATO allies. Ones that deeply concern many of us here. We applaud the efforts to end tensions between America and Russia. We also applaud the new nuclear deals that lower the overall amounts of nuclear warheads both nations carry. However, it is our duty here to express our official concerns regarding these new developments in your relationships, especially acting in such a way without consulting your closest allies which are all here, in this very room right now.”
She sat down, just as Wiedel rose and started into her long speech. Buck noted and watched stunned as Wiedel spoke down against what she had just said, pushing even for having a new alliance with Russia. Starting to expand German influence in smaller European nations, most of whom were assembled here and listening.
Buck rose once again abruptly. She took a moment to set herself before speaking again.
“I again, think that we need to work within restraint. As I have said. Eliminating Assad and ISIL should go hand in hand. Eliminating Assad first would leave a vacuum for any random radical faction leading to only more violence, the recent expedition in Libya has taught us that. Eliminating only ISIL, then Assad will continue his regime of horror, and we will be left to play whack-a-mole with terrorists groups that thrive in the disorder and decay of the remains of Syria.

I believe that we should work with Russia, only assuming that they stop all support for the Assad regime, and support an effort to form a new coalition government between the Syrian Rebels, enforced by NATO and Russian forces. I think that this is a very complex effort. And I have doubts to whether or not Russia would simply bail on its key Middle Eastern ally for some magic beans that the United States can offer. I hope that we and Russia can come to an arrangement, but I have reservations over the intentions of Russia, especially concerning the Middle East and Ukraine."

To: Prime Minister Rufus Ashworth of the United Kingdom and Prime Minister MalcolmTurnbull of Australia
From: The Office of the Prime Minster of Canada, Justin Trudeau

I would like to officially start the beginning of the negotiation period to begin talks over the new Commonwealth Freedom of Trade and Movement Agreement (CFTMA). I would like to host the first round of negotiations here in Canada, in Quebec City, Canada. As negotiations continue on, and we talk about the possibilities of expanding, we should look to be able to host the meetings in a variety of cities across the Commonwealth, in Australia and in the United Kingdom, to showcase our unity and equality among members.
I strongly believe that this deal with be a great push to continue to grow our relations between our nations and will benefit all nations involved and will be able to grow into something that can truly benefit all Commonwealth Realm Nations.

Sincerely,

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau
Last edited by NewLakotah on Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"How smooth must be the language of the whites, when they can make right look like wrong, and wrong like right." ~~ Black Hawk, Sauk

"When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home." ~~ Tecumseh

Free Leonard Peltier!!

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 21, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Chewion » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:19 pm

NATO HQ

Kiser was beyond pissed. As the Canadian spoke he couldn’t help but see images of Ottawa being draped in American flags as Abram tanks rolled through the streets. Pushing those thoughts from his mind he cleared his throat and said “I will speak with the Russians but I am not going to jeopardize calm relations between the two biggest nuclear powers over Syria. I will talk with them but I will not make it a sticking point for continued talks. At least not at this stage. I also would like to remind everyone what happens when we create a power vacuum by taking out a leader or installing a puppet. I will not spend trillions more in the Middle East. If you all are wrong you can finance it. But let’s hope you aren’t.”
Pro: America, guns, freedom, democracy, military, Trump, conservatism, Israel, capitalism, state rights.

NewLakotah
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby NewLakotah » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:31 pm

Ambassador Buck could see the President was furious. A curious thing for the leader of the free world to get so drastically angry for someone expressing their opinions that happen to disagree with his own. Oh well, she thought, she smiled at him and stared right through his deep glare. She leaned forward once again towards the microphone and started to speak again.

"The lives of millions of people are not worth your time, Mr. President? You talk about what happens when we take out a leader. We find ourselves with a power vacuum. I understand, it was what I alluded to just now. If you have absolutely no plans on taking out Assad, may I ask what are your plans, exactly, Mr. President? And what do you mean if we are wrong? Wrong about what? Wrong about the deaths of hundreds of thousands of people and the hundreds of thousands to follow. If we do not act, Syria will become a failed state. A failed state like Afghanistan. Need I remember you Mr. President, of how important Afghanistan became in American and world politics? Fail states are what terror cells thrive in."

Free Leonard Peltier!!

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:45 pm

NATO HQ

Looking around at the various leaders before saying “I am afraid I cannot speak on that matter as I do not think I can give an adequate description of it but if you wish I can have a copy sent to everyone at a later date or have Mattis explain it at a later date. What I can say is that there is a plan. I also meant that if you are wrong and removing Assad causes even more chaos then that’s on your wallet. I also do not take kindly to your assumption that I don’t care about innocent people.”
Last edited by Chewion on Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pro: America, guns, freedom, democracy, military, Trump, conservatism, Israel, capitalism, state rights.

Tundra Terra
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 23, 2014
Corporate Police State

Postby Tundra Terra » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:13 pm

Belgrade, Serbia
Meeting Room,
Anton Slavik

Anton merely kept his wolfish grin when Ambassador Popov mentioned the rails...how quaint. In reality one could not blame Anton for wanting to increase the machine exports to Russia, but found it hilarious considering just how much corruption, scandals, and inept people flood the Russian Upper Workforce. His Serbs on the other hand are not as easily influenced. After all it was a matter of pride of his administration that despite the 20% unemployment the crime rate is below 1%...not easily influenced indeed.

Anton took another sip of his cup, "So glad we could come to an agreement...would you like some tea cakes? They're filled with a delicious raspberry filling in our version. As i said before..." as he put down his cup, "I WILL take care of any Slav in my realm of influence. I genuinely believe that no one undeserving should be made to suffer at the hands of outside powers and peoples. However i bet you're not here to hear another leader rant, please...give my regards to your family and its nation. If it is possible that you could mediate the situation then please do so but remember that the crimes against each and every one of us is still fresh in our minds, bodies, and souls. Dasvidaniya!!"

As the meeting concluded and the Ambassador went away Anton ate a few tea cakes and even offered some to the security guards.
Raspberries hadn't tasted sweeter...

A few days later...
"Hello Sir your 4:00 clock has arrived..."
"Bring her in my good man!!"
An older woman walked in the room with a rather smug grin and a blade keen stare. Excusing themselves the guards left the room to be replaced by other ones wearing a different uniform, "My, my, such a wonderful winter for the wolves. My name is Denisa Horvat and i hear you of all people want my services?"
Current Status: Tundra is rocking with the Krieg...
We are a PMT Military and no We don't use NS stats.Why?
because..."WAR IS ETERNAL!!!"
"If bloodlust vikings, dorve tanks to school, had PMT-FT tech with Chaos -like fanaticism, this would be it."
-------------------------The Posthuman Coalition

─╤══̵̵͇̿̿̿̿╦︻ Put this in your sig if you are a war profiteer ︻╦̵̵͇̿̿̿̿══╤─

NewLakotah
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby NewLakotah » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:44 pm

Brussels, Belgium
NATO Headquarters

Ambassador Buck didn't respond for a moment, but eyed Kiser carefully for a moment. His response was strange to say the least. The President of the United States didn't even know himself his own strategy, or was intentionally withholding it and avoiding her question. A question asked by one of America's closet allies and surrounded by only US allies. To Buck it seemed strange, as if he was intentionally avoiding angering someone, potentially Russia, rather than care about the confidence of his allies.

"Mr. President. I am not asking what every detail of your plan was or is. I am heartened to hear that there is a plan. Should you actually have one. However, I think we should all like to hear it. We all here have proposed ideas on how to deal with this situation, ranging from nothing to supporting the rebels and Kurdish forces in Syria. Yet you have issued no statement and refused to give one now. Yet, you yourself, not only a few months ago, attacked us all in your inaugural speech, stating that we did not contribute enough. Yet, now, it is you who is not contributing. Then, you shift all potential blame away from you, in the case of failure, and put it all on us. I am unsure as to why you would do this. We are here, supposedly, to talk in a conference about the future of peace and security around the world. That includes Ukraine and Syria. I know... we all know, that your are very close with the Russian President, and are trying to pursue stronger ties with Russia. Yet even with all of this, I see no reason why we all here shouldn't here the views of the President of the United States on this issue.

"And, Mr. President. I will also add, that I made no assumption that you didn't care about innocent people. Only that you cared more for your political relationship with Russia than the people of Syria. It was merely a rephrasing your own statements."

Free Leonard Peltier!!

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:50 am

Chewion wrote:“Mr. Prime Minister, Jack Smith from Fox News in the US. Do you worry that you will anger Brexiters who may think you are trying to delay or cancel Brexit? Also what is your opinion of the new US President and does the UK stand by the US as it tries to build a better relationship with Russia?

"One of the main reasons I sought out a Second Referendum was because I saw regret among some Bexiters after the country saw the effects of voting leave. I believe that those effects, one of which would be a much weaker economy, will be in the long term for the United Kingdom if we leave the EU.
I also feel that many Brexiters were misled by the Leave Campaign, and some of the main leaders of the Leave Campaign didn't think they would win, with examples of Nigel Farage's resignation as Leader of UKIP and Boris Johnson's refusal to run for Leader of the Conservatives even after support has shown from the people.
In fact, one of the reasons we are holding a Second Referendum instead of just throwing out the results of the First is so we don't anger Brexiters, even though My Government disagrees with their beliefs, we need to show that their opinions, as citizens, are still valued by My Government.
But, still, if Brexiters still want to leave and are angry with me and my government for calling this referendum, they can vote to leave again."

On the US President, while we are on opposite sides of the political spectrum, I do, at the present time, plans to help fix and rebuild the Speical Relationship between are two nations after the damage to it that was caused by the Obama and Cameron Governments.
On his relations with Russia, I do stand with anyone that will try to bring Russia into the Western World. I do not stand with some of the agreements he has made with Russia."

NewLakotah wrote:Mr. Prime Minster! Lucy Hollande. CBC News. How is your government's relationship with Europe and the EU and how does it differ from that of the previous government? And, considering the issues of separation are in motion, how do you feel Europe will respond?

"My Government's relationship with Europe will largely be decided by this referendum. For the time being, I do plan on continuing close relations with Europe and the EU until the referendum. If the people vote to Stay in the EU, this policy will continue. If they vote to leave, my government plans to prepare itself to trigger Article 50 and try to negotiate as much as possible for the best possible outcome for the UK, a Soft Brexit. After the point of triggering Article 50, we'll continue to negotiate for a Soft Brexit.

And, might I add, Article 50 has not been triggered yet. Not by the Cameron Government, not by the Cameron Caretaker Government, and not by My Government. My Government doesn't plan on triggering it ever unless the people vote for it.

While the Cameron Government was in the Remain camp, the Conservative Party as a whole was Neutral on the issue. Both my Government and the Labour Party will be backing the Stay campaign. I'm not completely sure how the rest of Europe will react on the Second Referendum in general. However, if we stay, I assume Europe will be happy and if we leave, Europe will be angry."

Romanussia wrote:Standing tall, he carefully spoke:
"Sir! Prime Minister! Yes, thank you for listening, I am Matthias Kaman for Die Welt, we were wondering how are you going to handle Brexit and other EU negotiations; will you aim for soft or hard Brexit? Will you embrace other countries are drift closer to Europe? What are your plans on foreign policy?"

"If the people vote to leave the EU again, my government will support their choice. We'll negotiate for a Soft Brexit, as that is what we believe is the best option for a post-EU Britain. Even if we leave, we'll before to look to outside countries even with only a Soft Brexit. If we stay in the EU, we will look outside of Europe to find new friends and become closer to the nations we are already friends with.

Either way, I plan for My Government to be on that forges new and powerful relations with the governments of the world. I've called this policy the Trifecta and the Outside. The UK's most important relations are Europe, the Commonwealth, and NATO. After that is everything outside of those international coalitions. The plan, to be summarized in the most basic of terms, is to increase the power and internal relations of the Trifecta while increasing relations with the Outside."
Last edited by New Cobastheia on Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

Barapam
Minister

Founded: Aug 04, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Barapam » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:26 am

Chewion wrote:Havana, Cuba

Kiser smiled as he took a sip of the drink and let out a big puff from the cigar. Sitting forward and using his hand holding the cigar to emphasize his words he said “I think I will take you up on that offer. Your home is beautiful. Although I must admit it doesn’t compare to its owner. You are a nice change of pace from those old men who lead Europe if I might be so forward.” Taking another sup he addressed her question and said “Well to get more sanctions dropped a big part depends on how I feel these days I’m here go. It also wouldn’t hurt if you accepted an offer from us to buy Gitmo. Also I would be more inclined to push for more investment into Cuba if American companies could drill exclusively for oil. Or at least exclusively outside of Cubans.” Taking another sip he looked her in the eyes and said “To be frank all I am willing to drop right now is the embargo on your cigars. But that might change depending on how I feel these next few days go.”

"Oh, you flatter me all to much... I'm very pleased that you'll agree to stay with me, but surely the women of Europe are something too? Byquist of Sweden, Weidel of Germany, Durre of France... and Poklonskaya of Russia." Castro paused, leaned forward, and pointed her own cigar at her American colleague. "But I must admit, Brandon... is it okay if I call you that? ... that you yourself are the most handsome US president since Kennedy", she said with a smile. Right now she was very glad that she and her husband General Alvarez had an open relationship, otherwise she hadn't been able to flirt with Kiser like this. She actually enjoyed the younger man's attention. He was 39, she was 50, the same age gap as between her and her dear Rigo, who was 61. It was a real boost to her confidence that Kiser found her attractive, especially considering the rumours surrounding him and the Russian president, who was two years younger than him. Unfortunately, he was more stubborn than she had anticipated. With this slow pace, it would take forever before the moment was right to put in a good word for the DPRK, like she had promised Kim Jong-nam to do. Maybe she could lure him with a shady deal that American politicians seemed to love instead?

"But let's get back to business. Like I said, I can't promise anything about the oil, but it's definitely not impossible that American companies can be allowed to drill in the near future. However, the companies would of course have to abide by Cuban laws, not just run off with the profit and leave a scarred environment. And obviously Cuba would still drill as well. But I might be able to convince my comrades if we get something in return... say, investments in renewable energy to allow us to expand our wind farms.

Moving on to Gitmo then... No, I'm not going to sell it to you, but now that you brought it up, I have a different proposal, regarding how to defeat ISIS. Your allies haven't liked your attitude about how to handle Assad, but why bet on just one horse? What if you can both eat the cake and keep it? I'm talking about Rojava. I want to support them in their struggle, and it'll be easier to do so if I can lease ships from you for transport across the Atlantic. Now, this would be a deal outside the sanctions. Just like for Russia..." María leaned even closer to Kiser, and lowered her voice seductively.

To: Justin Trudeau, Prime Minister of Canada

I write to you again due to what ambassador Kerry Buck said during the NATO meeting. Canada's opinion on Assad is the same as Cuba's, he's got to go. It's true that Syria and Cuba once had good relations, but given the crimes committed by his regime, and that there now is a truer socialist alternative to support in Rojava, that has changed. Although Canada's and Cuba's motives might differ in this matter, I hope that we can agree that we together should do what we can to support the new democracy in northern Syria.
"nah man the path to true freedom is tsarist national bolshevik posadist monarchism with Japanese influence as is practised in Barapam." - Vladilan

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:41 am

Havana, Cuba

Kiser leaned forward as well and tried, unsuccessfully, to maintain eye contact. Letting himself skip for a few moments he eventually regained eye contact before saying “Alright I won’t push Gitmo anymore. As for the oil I would expect nothing less than our companies to follow your laws. And I don’t think it unreasonable that I could allow a few companies to help you with renewable energy but only a few at this stage.” Taking a sip of the drink he looked at her again before saying “If things go well during these talks I wouldn’t be opposed to even going as far as providing air transportation for your troops. Provided they were to serve under US command as that’s the only way I see my allies being on with it.”

Taking another puff of the cigar he continued saying “Now What time is dinner?”

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:57 am

NATO HQ

Kiser leaned forward and said "I have made my position on removing Assad very clear. I believe we should wait until ISIS is dealt with with. But I will lay out a basic over vie of the plans we have. First is to unilaterally remove Assad with us of special forces to terminate him and his family. Second is to use special forces to capture him and his family so he can be held accountable for his actions. Third is to work with Russia to force him into resigning. Fourth is to supply dissidents with the means to terminate him."

Latvijas Otra Republika
Minister

Founded: Feb 22, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Latvijas Otra Republika » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:21 pm

The State of Affairs

The current President of the Polish Republic, Krzysztof Kozłowski, has visited various museums and monuments throughout the country as a national drive towards patriotism, his current rough estimate of approval ratings gathered from polling is a rough 60%-70% high but it seems extremely unlikely that he will run for re-election with his current age; still he remains a firm beacon of a self determined Poland, a relic of the push against the Communists. The party ,'Civic Platform', has recently run into a public blunder as one of their representatives on national TV argued for lower pensions so that it can be 'distributed to other areas of spending', this of course has angered some people but still the party refuses to comment on the interview only stating 'We don't control opinion's'.

The Polish military is preforming some drill's nearing the Baltic sea, with roughly only a couple hundred troops each preforming, athletic, fitness,
climbing and combat situation training. It is reported from some sources in the military that the training might last up to some weeks or a month,
either way the men and women of the Polish army will be hardened in case of any serious threats that could come. The monthly recruitment of manpower for the army has recently gone down, this is most likely due to relaxed advertisement and recruitment drives the past two years.

Currently a Polish political satire magazine has published a cover depicting a caricature of Chancellor Weidel regarding her international and diplomatic document, this has recently only steered controversy with the German minority living in Poland and has had a wave of approval from Leftist (that are for primarily for European Integration but without the AfD) and even from the various Right wing/Conservative party's and their supporters. Most Poles have disregarded the document as it mentions 'Danzig' which is the incorrect word for the Polish city 'Gdansk', a refusal to acknowledge the Polish claim over it's own territory. Though supporters of the document have gone out to say that the Visegrád group is in vital need for funds and new possible alliance members.

A nationwide poll has been done for each party biding for power, for the past couple of years there has only been a positive trend for the mostly Conservative party 'Law and Justice'.

Law and Justice (Prawo i Sprawiedliwość)(PS): 51.5%

Civic Platform (Platforma Obywatelska)(PO): 19.5%

Modern (.Nowoczesna)(N): 13.5%

Polish People's Party (Polskie Stronnictwo Ludowe)(PSL): 4%

Agrarian Union (Unia Agrarna)(UA): 2%

Union of European Democrats (Unia Europejskich Demokratów)(UED): 0.5%

Democratic Left Alliance (Sojusz Lewicy Demokratycznej)(SLD): 1.5%

Solidarity Poland (Solidarna Polska)(SP): 1.5%

Liberty (Wolność)(W): 2%

Congress of the New Right (Kongres Nowej Prawicy)(KNP): 0.5%

Right Wing of the Republic (Prawica Rzeczypospolitej)(PR): 0.5%

National Movement (Ruch Narodowy)(RN): 0.4%

Real Politics Union (Unia Polityki Realnej)(UPR): 1%

Labour Union (Unia Pracy)(UP): 1.2%

National-Catholic Movement (Ruch Katolicko-Narodowy)(RKN): 1.4%

Last edited by Latvijas Otra Republika on Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Free Navalny, Back Gobzems

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:30 pm

NATO
Brussels, Belgium

Prime Minister Ashworth spoke up into his microphone again, "Why is assassination the first option? Would if not be preferable for all the members of the Assad family who have become war criminals to face the punishment and rot in jail for the rest of their lives? Has your government thought of the power vacuum that could cause as well? If we terminate Assad then how would we be able to form a provisional government in place of his? If we are to march into the capital and arrest him, however, we would have the means to make sure multiple members of his government do not try to take over.

Also, who are we to include in his family? Clearly himself and his brother, but what about his sister, who has been living in Dubai since 2012 but before that part of the family's inner circle. What about his wife, who at times has appeared to be unaware of the crisis that is happening in Syria. What about Bashar's children?

All and all, Mr. President, why is assassination your government's first option while arrest and punishment is the second?"

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:38 pm

NATO HQ

“Mr. Prime Minister the order of the options I listed do not reflect on which one is preferable or will be tried first. I merely stated all of the options on the table. I would prefer to arrest him over killing him.”

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:05 pm

NATO
Brussels, Belgium

The Prime Minister thought in his head, he didn't believe what the US President was saying. Perhaps he had a Freudian slip and was now trying to cover up his mistake.

"Then why did you say first, second, third, and fourth? That implies a preference or an order in which they will be tried. You said plans, not options. by listing plans, that implies that the plan you listed as first, is the plan that is currently planned to happen first. If you said options, then the order at which you listed them would not matter, because they are just options that your government is still debating over."

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:28 pm

NATO HQ

Leaning forward Kiser said “Well I’m sorry if I confused you but there is no set order that these plans will be tried in. They are just the options we have come up with. A decision will be made at a later point in time on which avenue we pursue.”

Barapam
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Barapam » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:13 am

Kiser leaned forward as well and tried, unsuccessfully, to maintain eye contact. Letting himself skip for a few moments he eventually regained eye contact before saying “Alright I won’t push Gitmo anymore. As for the oil I would expect nothing less than our companies to follow your laws. And I don’t think it unreasonable that I could allow a few companies to help you with renewable energy but only a few at this stage.” Taking a sip of the drink he looked at her again before saying “If things go well during these talks I wouldn’t be opposed to even going as far as providing air transportation for your troops. Provided they were to serve under US command as that’s the only way I see my allies being on with it.”

Taking another puff of the cigar he continued saying “Now What time is dinner?”

"Then I think we might have a deal! But as I'm sure you understand, it will perhaps not be the best morale boost for my troops to serve under US command, so if that means less support I'll accept it, as long as it means some support. I'm however hopeful that the EU won't mind it much at all, nor Canada, if that's the catch. I've spoken to their leaders too, even if not face to face as with you..." María grinned and winked at Kiser, "... and they've all been very positive to strengthen our relations. I guess what I'm saying is, I ask for what help you can offer without putting my troops under direct US control... whatever help that might be."

She looked at her watch. "If you're really hungry, we can dine right here in the palace. My chefs should have something tasty prepared within the hour. In the meantime, we can freshen up and change. My staff will show you to the guest suite."

About an hour later...

Soft salsa played in the background. The presidents of two American nations, Brandon Kiser and María Castro, sat alone by a round table covered by a white tablecloth in the dining room. The lights had on purpose been left as dark, aside from a few exceptions, to create a more cozy and intimate atmosphere. The cutlery and María's jewelry mirrored the live candles, and there was another warm fire burning in the eyes of the latina. Her hair was up, and she wore a purple dress, that perhaps aside from its tightness, was adequately conservative for a formal dinner, but short enough above the knees for a romantic dinner and dancing. María leaned on her elbows and held her hands under the chin, and smiled at Kiser. Suddenly something stung in her heart. What was she doing?

"I understand if you don't want to talk about it... but I came to think about your late wife. She could've been here with us now, if things had been different. What was she like?"

A waiter came in and brought them each an "El Presidente" cocktail, and after exchanging the normal pleasantries with the two leaders, he left them in private again.

"nah man the path to true freedom is tsarist national bolshevik posadist monarchism with Japanese influence as is practised in Barapam." - Vladilan

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:42 am

Havana, Cuba

Kiser took a sip of the special cocktail as sadness became visible in his eyes. He had on a suit with a bow tie. Taking another sip and wiping a small tear from his eye he replied “She was kind. Gentle. She had nothing but love in her heart. She even pushed me to stop torturing terrorists at Gitmo.” Taking another sip he said “God I miss her. I miss her touch. I miss that physical connection.” Coming back to the world he looked over the Cuban President before saying “Sorry I didn’t mean to damper the mood.”

“Now I don’t want to ruin dinner with work but I have a proposal. If Cuban troops join the Coalition and work under Coalition command I will provide for their transportation by air. That includes heavy armor.”
Last edited by Chewion on Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Romanussia
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Romanussia » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:52 pm

Federal Republic of Germany

Brussels, Belgium:

As the two delegations went back and fourth, bickering constantly, Weidel paid close attention to the conversation.

She was, quite frankly, shocked at what she was hearing. She finally stood up and spoke out herself.

Interjecting in the conversation, she fiddled with her papers before looking up and speaking to the group:
"Please, I'm sure the order of the list is of no importance. Regardless, letting Assad be alive only continues the threat of him, his ideology, and a constant lurking idea of his politics. It would incite more rebellion. Terminating him would cause dissent, however, it would end him, his administration, any of his backing, and could be extracted for information than letting him live. I strongly advocate against the massacre of anyone or the family, howevrer, letting his disastrous ideas and war crimes will only lead to the needless death of more people. We must trust the people shall get over it and finally stabilize the regime with our militaries as I have suggested, yet it seemed to go blatantly unnoticed. A well-funded, well-armed and well-supported propped up regime without any resemblance or threat of Assad's politics is what we need. And though I have already suggested this [to which you have ignored as well as my doctrine], I believe a martial committee that assigns our attack plans and such should help the regime more than just uncoordinated bombings and geurilla assaults. Though I advise against the killing of Assad, our choices are stretched thin. Are we going to delay the war another decade? Or are we going to put an end to it and restore peace and order; no more bombings, no more casualties, no more ultra-nationalists, no more extremists, no more para-military, no more defiance, no more refugee crises and displacement. Again, I highly disapprove of doing this and am not suggesting it, rather asking what shall we do? Are there any alternatives? Are we willing to take that step?"

An applause from the crowd had breifly echoed through the halls of the meeting place. Weidel kept standing to hear the feedback.
Last edited by Romanussia on Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Kingdom of Romanussia
A nation based in the present inhabited by a more latinized Romanian culture ruled by a constitutional monarchy shrouded in a vivid and detailed history and armed with a disciplined and modernized military.
Capital: Traiana | Currency: Koson | Demonym: Romanus/Romanian

RNN: General elections proclaim Dacian Ciolos as new premier of Romanussia's legislature | Romanussia national under-21 soccer team wins its first UEFA Championship over Spain in the final | Romanus navy recieves first shipment of new equipment since its overhaul was approved by the General Staff | The Acordul calls for its next cooperative research operation

Barapam
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Barapam » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:42 am

Kiser took a sip of the special cocktail as sadness became visible in his eyes. He had on a suit with a bow tie. Taking another sip and wiping a small tear from his eye he replied “She was kind. Gentle. She had nothing but love in her heart. She even pushed me to stop torturing terrorists at Gitmo.” Taking another sip he said “God I miss her. I miss her touch. I miss that physical connection.” Coming back to the world he looked over the Cuban President before saying “Sorry I didn’t mean to damper the mood.”

“Now I don’t want to ruin dinner with work but I have a proposal. If Cuban troops join the Coalition and work under Coalition command I will provide for their transportation by air. That includes heavy armor.”

María reached for Kiser's hand, and held it comfortingly. "Don't apologize. It's okay to mourn her. Sounds to me that she was an amazing woman", she said softly. Still holding his hand, she pondered the pros and cons of his next suggestion.

"Hmm... okay. Yes, I'll agree to that. But as I said, the Cuban aid to Rojava is not just about troops or military advisors. Defeating ISIS is just the short term goal, but in the long term, I see Rojava as the most stable force to be counted with for a post-war Syria. The Free Syrian Army is simply to split internally. And as for that other kind of support, I envision a similar deal to the one you have with the Swedes training Iraqi Peshmerga forces. A kind of cooperation, but they're not under U.S. command per se. Maybe we can have it that way too? To clarify, Cuban troops will form a part of the coalition, while other Cuban aid will be a seperate thing. And for heavy armour and planes, I've also been asked by Rojava to provide them with both. Since we're in this together now, I have a couple of alternatives for you. One: We'll provide them with Cuban materiel, but you'll help with transportation, using Cuba as proxy. Two: Provide them with American materiel, directly if you want to, or indirectly via Cuba, whichever you prefer."

María was about to continue, but the waiter returned, this time with a plate of traditional Cuban chicken and rice for them both. Castro smiled quietly, and put her other hand over Kiser's as well to stroke it gently. Once the waiter left again, she talked again.

"And just as a sidenote, before we eat... I know how you like to make deals, and I also know that North Korea is ready to negotiate sanctions and nuclear weapons, provided they'll be taken seriously. Now that, much thank to you, Cuba is about to have better relations with the United States, I'm willing to offer Cuba, even myself, to be present at those talks as a neutral party and mediator, since the North Koreans trust me. What would you say about that?"

Hopefully Kiser wasn't too immune to flattery.

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:55 am

Havana, Cuba

Kiser felt a warmth as Castro held his hand. Looking her over for a moment he quickly snapped back to reality and said “I think right now option one would be the best. I’m sure Europe and Canada won’t mind as long as we are working closely together.” Kiser noticed that Maria had been stroking his hand for awhile. One part of him wanted to pull away but he didn’t. Instead he used his free hand to take a bit of the food before saying “This is delicious Madame President.” Taking a sup of water he continued saying “As for North Korean talks, that will all depend on how satisfied I am with these next few days. There are still deals I want.”

Barapam
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Barapam » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:28 pm

María nodded. She didn't want to let go of Brandon's hand either, but she still forced herself to do it, but only slowly. "To be completely honest, I prefer the first alternative too. I'm glad we can agree on so much. We've made so much progress just these past hours..." She smiled, and cut herself a piece of chicken. Nodding once more, she continued.

"I see... well, what kind of deals would that be, then?" she asked, seductively flashing her eyes at Kiser. This time she wasn't trying to manipulate him, it came naturally. She actually felt like she could relax and be herself in his company.

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:36 pm

Havana, Cuba

“Well the most important is I want you to stop supporting Venezuela. I understand you agree politically but even you must be repulsed at the way the government is handling lawful opposition. They murder their people and starve those that live.”

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse