NATION

PASSWORD

A Complex World-IC (REBOOTED VERSION)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 21, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

A Complex World-IC (REBOOTED VERSION)

Postby Chewion » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:22 pm

A Complex World
The world we have inherited from our forefathers is one of both splendid prosperity and unimaginable poverty. One of peace and war. A world blessed like never before and cursed likewise. Every continent faces its challenges. In Europe people grow restless with the European Union. Waves of millions of migrants from Africa and the Middle East surge into Europe and great tension in the European nations. In addition Brexit looms over the EU like a shadow. To the East Russia looms with a more aggressive foreign policy. In Africa the nations face instability and poor economies. Terrorism also threatens many, especially in the Sub-Saharan region. In the Middle East nations are plagued by terrorism and insurgency. A Cold War is brewing in the region between Sunni Saudi Arabia and Shi’a Iran. ISIS spreads its tentacles through the region even as it looses territory. Asia is the new Balkans. North Korea threatens nuclear war. China pushes for domination in the South China Sea. South America faces the crumbling of democracy. Venezuela is locked in battle between the President and the people. In North America changes are coming. The newly elected and soon to be sworn in US President promises to shake things up both at home and abroad. This is the world we find ourselves in. Now go and lead your nation through these trying times. Or lead them to ruin. Everything rests on your shoulders.

OOC: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=431693&p=33114467#p33114467
Last edited by Chewion on Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pro: America, guns, freedom, democracy, military, Trump, conservatism, Israel, capitalism, state rights.

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:27 pm

Capital Building, D.C., United States of America

The newly sworn in President Kiser stood at the odium starting his speech saying

"My fellow Americans we stand here today at the starting point of a new era of American greatness. No longer shall we allow our enemies to say one thing and do another. They will be held accountable for their actions. We will judge them not on their words but their actions.

Our allies in NATO and beyond can rest assure that the United States of America is committed to your defense. Together we are stronger than we ever could be apart. NATO has been and will remain a cornerstone of US foreign and defense policy. However, members must start doing their fair share. It is not acceptable for the US, UK, Greece, Estonia, and Poland to be the only members that pay what they are supposed to. The other 23 need to fulfill their commitments in order for us to remain strong as an alliance.

In the Middle East we find ISIS who threaten the entire civilized world. I want to be clear. We will hunt you down. I will use the awesome power of the US military to ensure the destruction of ISIS.

In Asia we find North Korea threatening our very existence as a nation. This cannot be allowed. I will use every resource at my disposal as your President in order to ensure they no longer pose a threat to us and our allies. I will pressure China to do more to tighten the leash on North Korea.

In order to accomplish these pressing foreign matters we must strengthen the homeland. I will make it my mission to get the military the funding it needs to ensure our freedoms. I will deregulate business in order to grow the economy. Since I was elected the Stock Market has been rising. Recently it hit 20 thousand for the first time in its history. I think we can go higher.

Part of strengthening America is securing the border with the wall. A wall made of both physical objects and technological ones. Keeping Americans safe can only be accomplished with a strong border.

Lastly I want to address Russia. I want to be your friend. Our nations benefit from good ties. However, I will not turn a blind eye to actions in Eastern Ukraine. And I have the guts to act if necessary. But first and foremost I want to seek peace. I believe that we can see levels of dialogue not seen during the time of Reagan and Gorbachev, and ensure that our world remains a peaceful place.

Thank you America. Together we are going to Make America Stronger. God Bless you and God
bless America.”

With that he waved before going about the rest of the Inauguration Day festivities.

White House

Finally, that night, Kiser sat in the Oval Office for the first time as POTUS. He had chosen Ronald Reagan’s desk with a red, white, and blue curtain color theme. He knew soon congratulations would pour in from around the world. But for now he wanted to soak it all in.
Last edited by Chewion on Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pro: America, guns, freedom, democracy, military, Trump, conservatism, Israel, capitalism, state rights.

Tundra Terra
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 23, 2014
Corporate Police State

Postby Tundra Terra » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:14 pm

Outside Belgrade, Serbia
Secret Rendezvous,
Anton Slavik...

The structure jutted out of the mountains devoid of activity, electricity, or life...until now. The Serbian Government had approved the building of the new structure as it would head their new Espionage program and in the end put the Serbian people on top. Work will be needed to make the building operational and hidden from the world at large...especially those damned satellites.

Anton Slavik shook hands with several delegates and "workers" that would never see their old identities again. "Comrades and friends..." he began, "We are about to enter the world of Shadows and Deceit. Today Serbia takes its first steps to becoming a regional if not world power. The age of technology has come upon us and we who have been left behind have been given a great gift: our faces are not known to those outside of our country and our country to small to even consider worth watching. Today we shall move events that will shape the fates of nations and raise our own so that our people will no longer hunger or want for the basics ever again. I raise my cup to you and those of future generations. Our region burns with ethnic strife while just a few miles away ancient foes rise in caliphate to fight us. Those with plenty bomb us, starve us, sanction us, and then dare lecture us about what it means to be human...to be Serbian. We will begin burning those who oppose us, and then we shall seek vengeance for every wrongdoing the world has placed upon us. The future coming is grey, a dark blur as to what is true as we know it. For our families!! For Serbia!!"

The assembled crowd cheered, "FOR SERBIA!!" and began to work hiding the structure, its denizens, and even its very infrastructure. German occupation under WW2 had taught them a few tricks as to what comprises a hidden bunker or factory. Anton Slavik returned to his arranged "tour" of the country to rally its people and claim their "votes" for future elections. As far as anyone was listening this was just another campaign.
Current Status: Tundra is rocking with the Krieg...
We are a PMT Military and no We don't use NS stats.Why?
because..."WAR IS ETERNAL!!!"
"If bloodlust vikings, dorve tanks to school, had PMT-FT tech with Chaos -like fanaticism, this would be it."
-------------------------The Posthuman Coalition

─╤══̵̵͇̿̿̿̿╦︻ Put this in your sig if you are a war profiteer ︻╦̵̵͇̿̿̿̿══╤─

NewLakotah
Minister

Founded: Feb 18, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby NewLakotah » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:55 pm

To: The President of the United States, Brandon Kiser
From:The Office of the Prime Minister of Canada, Justin Trudeau

Congratulations, Mr. President on your recent election and inauguration. I hope that we can continue our close military, economic and political relationship and help it to grow stronger. It is our hope that we can join together to grow stronger and make the world a more secure and safer and better place.

Sincerely,
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau

Canadian Backlash over President's Inaugural Address; Canadian Defence approves new military growth

After the US President's first inaugural address, there has been some political backlash from certain MPs and Canadian media after the President indirectly called out the Canada and their participation to in NATO. Certain MPs had very strong words about this, mentioning that Canada has been one of America's closest allies in Afghanistan, being one of the largest contributors of troops to that fight, as well as more recently in Iraq with Canadian troops deploying there since 2012. Canadian Defence Minister Sajjan in a press conference was asked about these statements. While he didn't directly respond. He did state that participation isn't "all about money" and that Canadian participation and contributions to NATO were "steadfast and strong" and hoped for the President to continue to support NATO.

Sajjan, during the same Press Conference, also announced the New Federal Defence Budget with more than doubled the overall military budget and which included funds to continue the expansion of the RCN, and the RCAF with the use of the F-35 program continuing despite the delays. He made note that the F-35 program would take some time to get off the ground and running and in the meantime was looking in the market for a mid-term solution that would ensure that the Canadian Air Force remained strong and on par with any of the world by replacing the CF-18 and allowing for them the have a secondary aircraft to be used in support of the F-35. No mention yet as which jet would be the solution or which version of the F-35 the Canadian Air Force would pursue. For the Navy, no announcement yet has been made on the Frigate Replacement, however with the new budget, Sajjan expressed interest in renewing the Assault Ship Project that had been gathering dust over the past few years of Liberal Leadership. However, with the new increases in the military budget and the new Canadian Vision of stepping out of the shadow of the United States, and forming their own independent reach, Sajjan announced that a competition would be held to determine the new addition to the Royal Canadian Navy.

From all current estimates the French Mistral-Class seems to be in the forefront. However, both British and American designs are also being considered. Considering this, it seems like at the very least the F-35C will be apart of the Canadian arsenal, along with most likely the F-35A. However, that remains to be seen.
"How smooth must be the language of the whites, when they can make right look like wrong, and wrong like right." ~~ Black Hawk, Sauk

"When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home." ~~ Tecumseh

Free Leonard Peltier!!

Liencia
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 19, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Liencia » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:41 pm

Kremlin, Moscow, Russian Federation

The newly elected Russian president, Natalia Poklonskaya, had watched President Kiser's speech a few hours prior, and now stood in front of an enormous crowd in Moscow mere moments from her own address. The atmosphere was exhilarating, beyond expectations, as millions of Russians and people across the world tuned in to hear her speak.

"Greetings my fellow Russians! Today, we enter into a bold new age for Mother Russia.

As Russians we must stay true to what we are as a nation, our customs, and our unique path. Russia is a nation of nations, all equally Russian, whether you are ethnically Russian, Chechen, Yakut, Christian, or Muslim....we all live, breath, and die here with our motherland. Our way is not the Western one, but it is every bit as valid.

It is also important for us not to become stagnant, Russia must continue to develop, primarily in our sparsly populated eastern regions. I would also like to invite our CIS partners to cooperate with us on a joint regional infrastructure project, to mutually strengthen our economies and enhance the quality of life for our citizens.

China, our neighbor to the south, I wish to continue the strong partnership our republics have shared. And look forward to new opportunities for Moscow and Beijing to grow together.

As for the so called "Islamic State", the Russian Federation will not tolerate your brand of religion, and we will use every bit of our might, to send their kind straight to Hell. Extremist aggregation will be exterminated from this Earth.

I have heard Mr. Kiser's mention of seeking friendship with our people, well, I will say that I mirror this and would hope to see a friendship formed. The Cold War ended in 1991, communism is dead, and two great civilized nations should be able to reach a mutually acceptable, and beneficial understanding, even concerning our liberation of Crimea in 2014.

To: Brandon Kiser
Congratulations on your victory, Mr.Kiser. I look forward to your presidency and working as colleagues on the worldstage. Your call for a Russo-American friendship seems promising. I honestly hope that wasn't simply a PR stunt, relations between our nations are at their lowest point since the fall of the Soviet Union. A serious reevaluation of dynamics in our governments' policies towards eachother is necessary.

Sincerely, Natalia Poklonskaya, President of the Russian Federation
Last edited by Liencia on Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
De Kofederad Lienciu-The Confederacy of Liencia
Krat po Koformid-Strength through Conformity

This is account is a puppet of your friendly neighborhood Aillyria.... :^)

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:54 pm

To: The Prime Minister of Canada, Justin Trudeau
From: The President of the United States of America, Brandon Kiser

I would like to thank you for your kind words of congratulations on my inauguration. Rest assured that under my Presidency the United States will remain deeply committed to the special Canadian-American friendship we have enjoyed for so many years.

Sincerely,

President Brandon Kiser

To: President Natalia Poklonskaya

Thank you for your kind words and may I extend my congratulations on your victory as well. I can assure you that my statement was no PR stunt. I sincerely want to mend relations. Both of us are of a younger generation than our predecessors and I believe that we can work together better than they could as their minds were still set in the Cold War of which we remember and know little about from first hand experience. We have lived both of our lives outside of such tensions and rivalries. I wish to start working on this immediately which is why I am inviting you to the White House at your earliest convenience and hoping the same offer will be extended to me to visit Moscow.

Sincerely,

President Brandon Kiser

Liencia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Liencia » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:46 am

Chewion wrote:
From: The President of the United States of America, Brandon Kiser

I would like to thank you for your kind words of congratulations on my inauguration. Rest assured that under my Presidency the United States will remain deeply committed to the special Canadian-American friendship we have enjoyed for so many years.

Sincerely,

President Brandon Kiser

To: President Natalia Poklonskaya

Thank you for your kind words and may I extend my congratulations on your victory as well. I can assure you that my statement was no PR stunt. I sincerely want to mend relations. Both of us are of a younger generation than our predecessors and I believe that we can work together better than they could as their minds were still set in the Cold War of which we remember and know little about from first hand experience. We have lived both of our lives outside of such tensions and rivalries. I wish to start working on this immediately which is why I am inviting you to the White House at your earliest convenience and hoping the same offer will be extended to me to visit Moscow.

Sincerely,

President Brandon Kiser

After the inauguration, Poklonskaya almost without pause dove into her duties, reviewing several bills the Duma had forwarded, a budget bill, among others. Two very pressing issues we her immediate concern, the slough of trade sanctions still in effect after the Crimea annexation, and the ongoing Crisis in the Middle East with the Syrian Civil War and ISIS.

Suddenly, she was notified of on her monitior of an email from the American President. And she decided she'd take a leap of faith.

To: President Brandon Kiser
Thank in return, Mr.Kiser. I agree, as you said in your inaugural speech, this is a new era. Let us make that a reality, venturing into the future together, not against eachother. I can be ready to visit Washington as soon as you can receive me.

Flowerdell
Envoy

Founded: Oct 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Flowerdell » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:47 am

The Prime Minister finished his interview on the Andrew Marr show running down his now infamous list of Brexit stances "I was elected on a credible and uniting Labour manifesto that, whilst I dislike using labels, wishes for a soft Brexit. That includes being members of the Single Market and Customs Union if possible and no hard border for Northern Ireland. What I have been abundantly clear about is that our parliament will without question regain its sovereignty once negotiations have concluded. I know some on the opposition benches say I'm ignoring the referendum result but this is simply not the case, the UK voted to leave and we are leaving but they did not vote on the type of Brexit we have in that referendum, no they voted for that in last October's election where my party gained a substantial majority. If I also might conclude with one more thing, I would like to congratulate the new American President and the new Russian President, both of whom I look forward to working with in the future."

It was becoming the same old tune now and the Prime Minister was getting rather annoyed at having to repeat his stance at every interview even though he has said it 100 times already. The sooner these negotiations were concluded the better and the UK could move on to different matters for a change. To that end a speedy agreement was sought with the powers that be and so the Brexit Secretary Emily Thornberry was ushered to Brussels to see what can be done. He had no illusions over how tough the EU would be, after all of the UK leaving could send a message to other nations like little old Greece, but he hoped that he might be able to get the backing of the new American Presdient. While of a different side of the political spectrum the special relationship was still very much strong and transcended political barriers. Some pressure there and the EU might just take a different mindset. For now it was all he could do to seek trade relations with close allies and the first on that list would be both Canada and America though a proposition that has always been there but never enacted.

From: The Prime Minister of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Sir Keir Starmer

Prime Minister,

In the coming weeks I will be trying to solve this mess with the EU once and for all in a speedy manner if possible and I was wondering as a close ally and fellow Commenweath realm whether it would be proper to ask for aid. If the government of Canada publicly praised the British stance and made a direct appeal with the EU it could help matters in the long run, especially with the recent trade deal concluded between Canada and the EU.

One more thing I wished to discuss is trade and being close friends I thought it would be prudent to establish a trading relationship. This is something I have thought about for a long time now and I wish to broach this topic with the Americans to, the EU has the Single Market and I was thinking perhaps the nation's of Canada, Britain and the US could have a similar system. Tariff free trade between our nations without all the bureaucratic and political nonsense that goes with it.

Signed,
Keir

To: The President of the United States of America, Brandon Kiser
From: The Prime Minister of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Sir Keir Starmer

Mr President,

Back in November I congratulated you with all my heart on you're stunning electoral victory and I now congratulate you on a brilliant inauguration. I hope our relationship together will prosper and our nation's special relationship will only grow, I also take this opportunity to formerly offer a state visit at any time of you're choosing. The world is full of new leadership it seems and I suppose that can only be a good thing.

Onto more official matters, the United States holds great influence in the world and I was wondering whether that can be exerted. The EU will no doubt play hardball to my reasonable proposals but I'm sure if the US were to step in it would change that unhelpful stance very quickly. I hope at least you consider this.

One other matter which I have raised with Canada is this, I shall quite simply state what I wrote to the honourable Prime Minister "The EU has the Single Market and I was thinking perhaps the nation's of Canada, Britain and the US could have a similar system. Tariff free trade between our nations without all the bureaucratic and political nonsense that goes with it."

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Signed,
Keir

Liencia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Liencia » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:28 pm

Washington, District of Columbia, United States of America
Two weeks later

After a long grueling flight across the Atlantic, Natalia's plane touched down in the American capitol. Nervousness wouldn't accurately describe her feeling about being in the United States and about the prospective outcome of this summit. No, she wasn't afraid, she was more apprehensive. This meeting was a big deal, not that America and Russia had never done this sort of thing before of course, quite the contrary, there had been several moments of attempted reproachment in recent years. The world watched anxiously each time, only to be disappointed in the long run as both countries drifted back into their traditional adversarial relationship.

As she exited her plane onto the tarmac, a swarm of American reporters began recording and snapping photos of her. This was to be expected, the yanks relished any chance to gobble up and televise politics. She wondered what the common citizens here thought about this bold move by Kiser and herself, as both presidents seemed to set an unprecedented urgency on understanding between their century long rival nations, being eachothers first diplomatic venture.....a suprising choice for both leaders.

After about thirty minutes, her car had arrived outside the White House accompanied by the American Secret Service and her own bodyguards. Now it was time to stand and wait to meet Kiser, her counterpart.

Tundra Terra
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 23, 2014
Corporate Police State

Postby Tundra Terra » Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:50 pm

Belgrade, Serbia
Prime Minister's Office, Anton Slavik

Anton was enjoying a mocha when the international TV station confirmed his suspicions that the Russians and Americans were assembling a summit. Realizing in how the end of the Clinton Administration US relations could be repaired for his people's bombings and destitution. However Russia also seems to be resurgent under Putin's protege and is in need of customers for its oil. Serbian's need for oil have been increasing every year and their consumption of Middle Eastern or Brazilian Coffee has also been increasing. Either way Anton needed to improve his bank roll and his people's position in life. Thus he wrote several letters as quick and concise as he could:

To: The President of the United States of America, Brandon Kiser

Dear Mr. President,

I congratulate your appointment as President to the the United States. I beseech you for a diplomatic meeting to mend the rift between our two nations especially concerning previous actions taken by your predecessors. it is my firm belief that the United States Government and the NATO alliance it stands behind had intended and still do to put their best foot forward in the interest of mutual prosperity. While i do not intend to gouge old wounds instead i am looking towards the economic and diplomatic futures our great nations can attempt to bring to existence. The Middle East burns, your old rivals rise, and your allies bicker as what to do or show lukewarm support at best. We hope any meeting we can organize with you will surely bring us on the path to the solution.

With a bottle of 1846 Riaka,
Anton Slavik

To: President Natalia Poklonskaya of the Russian Federation

Dear Mrs. President,

We Slavic brethren in Serbia have noticed and congratulate your rise in the world stage. I personally beseech you to engage in a matter of diplomatic meetings and summits for the mutual benefit of our nations. It is no secret of my intention to bring up Serbia as a regional power or to improve its general position. Belgrade lies at a central position to influence 3 Continents and we would wish for your support. As i understand it Russia is currently dealing with issues of competing with Middle Eastern Oil. My markets are fully open if we could establish a viable route. We also are asking for membership to the Eurasian Economic Union to encourage investors for both countries. Issues such as the Middle East on fire we can also help you in dealing with favorably. I will personally await your answer to any of our queries.

With a bottle of 1846 Riaka,
Anton Slavik

TO: U.N. Institution
CONTENT: Application Papers for membership of U.N. Trade Agreements.

Belgrade, Serbia
National Media, Anton Slavik
Two weeks later...

According to the international news station BBC, the Bosnian and Croatian governments are becoming recently inflamed over recent skirmishes on the border. Which under UN supervision has deployed investigators to determine the already sudden situation. The nearby Balkan countries have been stirred up by recent events with the Serbian government surprisingly leading the peace talks. We have gained a talk with the serbian Prime Minister Anton Slavik here in his beloved Belgrade.

"Mr. Slavik, as i understand you have been at the forefront of the recent Balkan skirmish and we wonder what is your take on it so far?" giving a sigh Anton answered, "Well Katie what i can say is that this seems to be a rather old hat issue, but still shamefully sad as the ethnic conflicts in our region seems to ever be problematic. As you know under the old Yugoslavian government despite all of its problems the Serbian's traditionally took over the military arm of the government in order to keep the peace physically for as long a possible. With that history so recent in mind, i fear that if we Serbs do not attempt to try to keep the fragile peace we have fought so hard for our region will fall once again into a series of ethnic wars that only causes unnecessary suffering." The reporter adjusted the microphone to her side, "As we have seen since your rise you have made multiple moves to improve the economy here and how would you say that is going? We heard from various sources you plan on talking to the worlds leaders on this issue?"

Anton gave a rather dry smile, "Yes Katie i am trying to get the government involved in more external affairs as it would improve our economy on the global stage." she answered, "But isn't it more important to focus on more domestic matters as history has often proved that foreign affairs are expensive and how can we act if the unemployment rate is still around 20%?" a laugh erupted from the Prime Minister, "I'm sorry to say Katie that to be honest with you the globalization has dramatically affected our people. If you consider the fact the recent wars have nearly crippled some of our sectors that thus have been out competed by foreigners and our imports have risen so costly as a result. It's true if the 2 million people that live here in Belgrade could recover on their own but creditors and other outside forces constantly interfere with that. As such we have to make the world realize our central position and the economic power we could provide." The reporter asked again, "So you're saying that like Turkey...we could be the Gate to the East?"
"Yes i'm saying just that Katie."
Current Status: Tundra is rocking with the Krieg...
We are a PMT Military and no We don't use NS stats.Why?
because..."WAR IS ETERNAL!!!"
"If bloodlust vikings, dorve tanks to school, had PMT-FT tech with Chaos -like fanaticism, this would be it."
-------------------------The Posthuman Coalition

─╤══̵̵͇̿̿̿̿╦︻ Put this in your sig if you are a war profiteer ︻╦̵̵͇̿̿̿̿══╤─

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:54 pm

White House
President Kiser

Kiser stood by the door with the American flag to his right and the Russian flag to the left. As the Russian President walked up he couldn't help but notice her beauty. Extending his hand he said "Welcome to Washington Madame President. I hope we can end this meeting with new and closer relationship between our nations and ourselves." When her hand touched his he felt like he had been hit with lightning. Her touch was simply electric to him.
Last edited by Chewion on Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Liencia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Liencia » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:22 pm

Chewion wrote:(Image)

White House
President Kiser

Kiser stood by the door with the American flag to his right and the Russian flag to the left. As the Russian President walked up he couldn't help but notice her beauty. Extending his hand he said "Welcome to Washington Madame President. I hope we can end this meeting with new and closer relationship between our nations and ourselves." When her hand touched his he felt like he had been hit with lightning. Her touch was simply electric to him.

As Poklonskaya walked up to her American counterpart, she took note of his unusual handsomeness. As their hands met for a shake, his grasp was firm but gentle, not crushing her hand....it was surprisingly manly.

"Thank you for having me Mr. Kiser. I have come with an open mind, I hope you have invited me here with the same mindset."

Noticing their shake was approaching an awkward duration, she carefully withdrew her hand back to her side.

"I'm ready to begin when you are", the Russian leader stated before standing beside Kiser and posing for the cameras of the American media.

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:32 pm

White House

Kiser posed with the Russian President for the cameras. After a few seconds he motioned towards the door and guided her through it with his hand on his back like most leaders would. But again he felt a tingling along his scalp and arm as his hand made contact with her.

Leading her to the Oval Office he motioned to a seat across from his seat at the desk. A translator appeared but he motioned them away saying “YA svobodno govoryu na vashem yazyke.” Then he said in English “Or we can speak in English of you prefer. I think communicating one on one will be better than using translators either way.”

Liencia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Liencia » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:15 pm

As Kiser's hand was placed on her back, Natalia allowed herself to be guided into the Oval Office. She found this as the first difference between Americans and Russians, she was much less used to so much.....touching, normally this would offend her but she decided not to make a scene, though she was oddly placed at ease by the hospitality. The Kiser's desk was, interesting, to say the least.....very patriotic.

"No, Mr. Kiser we are in you're country. So, I will speak your language.", she asserted after taking her seat. "May we begin, we have much to work to do. Wouldn't you agree? You're in homecourt, let's hear your concerns."

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:24 pm

White House

Kiser sat back and said “Very well. I want to end today with Ukraine taken care of. I am not opposed to you having Crimea. However I am opposed to your actions in Eastern Ukraine. I propose this. You end all support for pro-Russian rebels in Ukraine. You hold another vote in Crimea to decide its future but this time you allow UN observers to ensure its legitimacy. Then you agree to a meeting between Russia and Ukraine which will be hosted by the United States at Camp David. This will lead to the US dropping all sanctions on Russia relating to Crimea and I will put pressure on my allies to do the same.”

NewLakotah
Minister

Founded: Feb 18, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby NewLakotah » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:27 pm

To:The Office of the Prime Minister Keir Starmer
From: The Office of the Prime Minster of Canada, Justin Trudeau

It is interesting that you would start talks with something along these lines. I was about ready to contact you with a similar, albeit different, proposition. My original proposition, did include free trade between our countries. However, it was between Commonwealth Countries. CANZUK, or the Commonwealth Freedom of Movement and Trade Agreement (CFMTA). It was to be set up between Canada, Great Britain, Australia, and New Zealand. All of us share a monarch, and share a language and have a shared culture and history. Considering your move out of the EU, and our recent push to enter the free trade deal with the EU, it puts us at an odd spot. One of the main points of this was to build a closer trade and economic alliance with the UK, France and the Netherlands, some of our bigger trading partners, and ones that we would like to see grow into larger partners.

Now, we have established an agreement with the EU, but not one with the UK anymore. I believe our proposal has the most chance of success. While the US might be a valued part of it, the likelihood of the US agreeing to be apart of a new trade deal after axing the TPP and threatening NAFTA relationships, seems a bit farfetched at the moment. The CAN-UK partnership, growing into the AUS-NZ as well, would grow our economic alliances, and build way to a closer relationship economically, politically and militarily.

As for your request to support for the UK for a "soft Brexit", we would certainly be willing to publicly support that goal.

Signed,
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau

Ottawa, Canada

The competition had been short. With a recent offer and the new information about the competition, the Canadian Defence Ministry was ready to step up and make the announcement. Sajjan moved towards the podium, flanked by a few generals and Defence Staff. He stepped up and looked over the room of reporters. He smiled and started his speech.

"Thank you all for being here. As you all know, we are here to announce the new replacement frigate for the Royal Canadian Navy. After carefully considering all of our options, and discussing the proposals at hand we have come to a decision. Based on the performance, quality and ability factors, we have chosen the French designed FREMM as our new Frigate Class to begin entry into our fleet immediately. While most of our ships will not be active until the early 2020's, the designers have been able to send us "off the shelf" versions of the ship as is and are currently en route to Canada sooner then that, within a year, including refitting. Despite these new Frigates entering service sooner than expected, we will not be retired the current Halifax-Class until the rest of the shipments begin. This is to ensure that the RCN can maintain our quality and maintain our force projection quality. Between these and the new Mistral-Class Assault Ship that will be entering service soon, the RCN is growing at a rapid rate, growing to become a world-class Navy once again. We hope to continue this growth, with partnerships with our French, British and American allies. The new Mistral Class will be fitted with the new CF-35C aircraft, as well as the new helicopters in our service. This will serve as our new Flasgship for the RCN and allow us the ability to project our power around the world and in both oceans. Between these and other RCN projects, this growth of the Canadian Navy will bring it out fo the shadows and decay and begin the process of regrowing it to the power that it once was.

Thank you."
"How smooth must be the language of the whites, when they can make right look like wrong, and wrong like right." ~~ Black Hawk, Sauk

"When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home." ~~ Tecumseh

Free Leonard Peltier!!

Liencia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Liencia » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:52 pm

Chewion wrote:White House

Kiser sat back and said “Very well. I want to end today with Ukraine taken care of. I am not opposed to you having Crimea. However I am opposed to your actions in Eastern Ukraine. I propose this. You end all support for pro-Russian rebels in Ukraine. You hold another vote in Crimea to decide its future but this time you allow UN observers to ensure its legitimacy. Then you agree to a meeting between Russia and Ukraine which will be hosted by the United States at Camp David. This will lead to the US dropping all sanctions on Russia relating to Crimea and I will put pressure on my allies to do the same.”

Poklonskaya took a few seconds to process Kiser's terms, which to her surprise, were much more generous than she'd expected from the American, but still didn't satisfy her goals quite to the tee.

"That is a generous proposal, however, I'm not interested in asking the Crimean electorate to a repeat referendum when they made their desire to join Russia very clear in 2014, Crimea is a federal and integral subject of Moscow. I am, of course, willing to stop supplying insurgents in Eastern Ukraine, and to have UN observed transfer to Ukrainian control."

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:06 pm

White House

Kiser leaned back and thought for a second before saying “The second referendum on Crimea’s future is more to assure the EU countries. I’m sure it won’t be a problem. If you want I’ll start dropping some sanctions today. Maybe the lesser ones on certain individuals in the Russian government.”
Last edited by Chewion on Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Liencia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Liencia » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:20 pm

Kiser leaned back and thought for a second before saying “The second referendum on Crimea’s future is more to assure the EU countries. I’m sure it won’t be a problem. If you want I’ll start dropping some sanctions today.”

Poklonskaya scoffed, taken aback by Kiser's audacious and casual threat, "I'm not worried about the sensitivities of your western allies, the people of Crimea had spoken their piece four years ago. The European governments only cry foul when a vote is opposed to pro-western governance. I assure you, additional sanctions on Russia would not be in the best interests of the remainder of Ukraine."
Last edited by Liencia on Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:48 pm

White House

Kiser sat back perplexed before saying “I never said anything about new sanctions. I said I’d drop some sanctions on individuals today depending on how things go. As for the EU, I understand your position but what’s having them vote again compared to easing relations with Europe and ending all sanctions on Russia. You have to prove to them that the vote was legitimate. This is how you do that.”

Pausing for a moment he continued saying “I understand your personal.... feelings for Crimea. You were born there, raised thee, had your daughter there. You want to ensure it stays in Russia. This is how you do that. You legitimize it to the world.”
Last edited by Chewion on Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Liencia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Liencia » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:12 pm

Kiser sat back perplexed before saying “I never said anything about new sanctions. I said I’d drop some sanctions on individuals today depending on how things go. As for the EU, I understand your position but what’s having them vote again compared to easing relations with Europe and ending all sanctions on Russia. You have to prove to them that the vote was legitimate. This is how you do that.”

Pausing for a moment he continued saying “I understand your personal.... feelings for Crimea. You were born there, raised thee, had your daughter there. You want to ensure it stays in Russia. This is how you do that. You legitimize it to the world.”

Natalia bonked herself on the forehead, "I apologize, my English is not perfect, I misunderstood your reference to the sanctions", what she didn't admit is that she was simply very on edge. Her first summit was with the United States, Russia's traditional rival, after all.

After collecting her thought briefly, she took a deep breath and resumed negotiations, "Very well, I will agree to hold a second referendum in Crimea. I will allow UN observers to monitor the legitimacy of the outcome. Also, I have no issue meeting with Ukrainian officials on a final agreement provided they remove pro-Russians in Crimea and Eastern Ukraine, myself included from their wanted criminals list.

I'd also like for NATO to not expand into ex-Soviet nations, like Ukraine and Georgia. This isn't acceptable to us, and is perceived as aggression to our national security."

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:21 pm

White House
President Kiser

Kiser sat back and had to hold back a smile. He found the Russian president's action.... cute for lack of a better word. Plus he knew she was lying. The woman spoke perfect English according to her file which he had been reading and was currently in his desk drawer. Pushing that from his mind he sat forward and said "I am glad to hear that. I find the terms regarding Ukraine agreeable. However I can not agree to Georgia and Ukraine being forever excluded from NATO. They are sovereign nations like Russia and must retain the right to choose just as Crimea is being given the opportunity to choose. What I can promise is that I will not push for them to join and won't actively fight any opposition to them joining."

Liencia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Liencia » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:48 pm

President Kiser

Kiser sat back and had to hold back a smile. He found the Russian president's action.... cute for lack of a better word. Plus he knew she was lying. The woman spoke perfect English according to her file which he had been reading and was currently in his desk drawer. Pushing that from his mind he sat forward and said "I am glad to hear that. I find the terms regarding Ukraine agreeable. However I can not agree to Georgia and Ukraine being forever excluded from NATO. They are sovereign nations like Russia and must retain the right to choose just as Crimea is being given the opportunity to choose. What I can promise is that I will not push for them to join and won't actively fight any opposition to them joining."

"Very good point you make. I suppose, however, my concern to Ukraine and Georgia joining NATO is that we don't wish to see bases or weapons platforms from your alliance being deployed so near to our borders. If it can be guaranteed that American bases or cruise missiles will not be placed along nations bordering us, Russia will not harass ones that express intent to join NATO.", Natalia looked Kiser straight in the eyes, signaling the sincerity in her concerns. She was becoming more comfortable and confident that a genuine agreement could be reached with this leader, it was quiet exciting, to be honest. She maintain her stoic composure, however, least her counterpart not take her seriously.

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:02 pm

White House

Kiser met her state and stared back saying in a calm yet assertive tone “I can agree to that so long as you keep showing signs of friendship and willingness to work together.”

“Now let’s talk Syria. I know you want Assad to remain. I will make you this offer. We focus on ending ISIS and restoring peace to Syria. Then we hold a UN monitored vote for Syria’s President. If Assad wins then the people have spoken and he stays in power. This way the people or deciding.”

“Now I also wanted to talk about our current efforts in Syria and Iraq. I want you to pressure Assad into letting coalition forces operate in Syria legally. And I want you to have your military work closer with the coalition to fight ISIS. We are stronger together than we are separate.” Through this speaking he had maintained his assertive and borderline commanding tone although being careful to not be too forceful. He knew the President was a conservative Russian Woman and they tended to respond well to strong and assertive males. He just hoped this was true.

Liencia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Liencia » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:38 pm

Kiser met her state and stared back saying in a calm yet assertive tone “I can agree to that so long as you keep showing signs of friendship and willingness to work together.”

“Now let’s talk Syria. I know you want Assad to remain. I will make you this offer. We focus on ending ISIS and restoring peace to Syria. Then we hold a UN monitored vote for Syria’s President. If Assad wins then the people have spoken and he stays in power. This way the people or deciding.”

“Now I also wanted to talk about our current efforts in Syria and Iraq. I want you to pressure Assad into letting coalition forces operate in Syria legally. And I want you to have your military work closer with the coalition to fight ISIS. We are stronger together than we are separate.” Through this speaking he had maintained his assertive and borderline commanding tone although being careful to not be too forceful. He knew the President was a conservative Russian Woman and they tended to respond well to strong and assertive males. He just hoped this was true.

"I find your suggestion for cooperation in ending ISIS in Syria in line with my own plans, I believe a joint NATO-CSTO task force should be formed. It would be a powerful show of cooperation between our two alliances. I also agree with holding elections after stablity is restored to the country, however I must insist the Russia maintains control of the Tartus Naval Facility and Khmiemim Air Base, which were leased to us by treaty with the Assad regime. I'll extend use of these facilities to coalition nations until peace is returned to the area."

Kiser's firm demeanor was very respectable, to her Russian upbringing.....she hoped an agreement could be reached, this man would make a great ally, or a formidable foe.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse