NATION

PASSWORD

Vampire: Ascendancy < Chapter I | IC >

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:20 am

November 3rd,
Grand Convocation Hall, Palace of Myravia

The Moor was watching the other Algul mingle, it was something that he could hold himself back from doing. Yet boredom is a universal trait that effects everyone of Allah's creatures and Uba was no different. He started to move side-to-side, looking at the nobles who were of his younger and respected the powerful patriarch and his peace. Still, the socially adept neighbors could sense his need to converse and try to get his attention.

Uba indulged their small talks, mostly talking about trade deals and trying to increase their standing by knowing the pious man. This made him walk away quickly in a dismissing manner to seek something to slate his boredom. As he scanned the room and saw nothing that could interest him till he saw a guard that he heard of before.

A mercenary vampire known as Edward that he respected, a man who is within his generation but his younger by a century in some years. Even though he was a hired as a guard during the meeting, Uba thought that he would be a good talk for a bit. He moved to the guard and bowed in his presence.

" Hello young guard. I hope I'm not intruding on your work but I was wondering if you would have some time to talk."
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:05 am

Edward looked at the man strangely; he never been bowed to since his covenless and Mercenary status. He wore a merchants garb and yet he was invited to this gathering. Edward lifts his left hand from his scabbard which laid neatly on his left hip. He turns away from Valerian and the pink vampire woman, and faces the direction of the man who greeted and bowed at him. "You're not intruding at all sir, as long as I stay within the vicinity of the clients I should be fine. As long as that's the case we can talk however long you want," said Ted respectfully, however he had intended to add some nicer words in his sentences, but he spoke to quickly and direct unused to the polite gestures of court. He hoped hadn't offended this humble looking man.

Before they began introductions Edward quickly gestured the four guards beside him to move closer to the clients two for each one. Ted decided if he was going to end up in a conversation he might as well send the guards over to the clients rather than keeping them nearby, since he was using that to address orders. He needed to make sure the clients safety was assured. After he addressed his guards he returned to face the polite man before him, "I'm Edward Nolanslav, and what is your name, sir?"
Name: Ted
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.
I M P E R I A LR E P U B L I C

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:32 pm

November 3rd,
Grand Convocation Hall, Palace of Myravia

The guard looked different among the other nobility. Wearing a colonial outfit that many humans and current generation vampires wore. Moors don't wear the western garb but uniforms have a modern taste for professionalism. He saw the scabbard and reminded himself that guns would be found lacking because of their ineffectiveness against other Algul.

The last thing he saw was the vampires that were mingling with one another. He knew that the pink dress one was the first childe of the Empress. By these means she was significantly his older and knew better than to think otherwise. The other he vaguely remember but knew that he was the heir of Galen Coven. He knew that he was young and a werewolf hunter but nothing more to that.

His eyes met back with Edward as he saw his humble eyes and smiled.

" Uba Ali-Bazik, a simple man from Palma and blessed to come and sit down for the convention."
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:00 am

"Nice to meet you Sir Ali-Bazik. I presume you been to one of these gatherings before have you? They say they do then every 25 years, and before now I hadn't found a reason to attend them," said Edward curiously. He pushes his fingers against his glasses to press them back up against his nose. His icy blue eyes gazed upon Uba as he steadily awaited the answer to his question. He adjust his coat slightly to ensure his coat was perfectly aligned.
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.

Mewsland
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 06, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Mewsland » Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:13 am

5 November 3491 | Grand Convention Hall, Palace of Myrávia

Kalara waited.

She waited for the idle chatter of the Hall to die to a halt as she sat upon the Imperial Throne. No easy feat, but one the Mother Vampiress could expect quite easily. Nobody would deign to challenge Kalara on her own land, lest they end up torn limb from limb in a resulting swarm of angry vampires.

For Kalara, this was enough. The vampires around her considered her to be both a force to be respected and a terror to be rightly feared. She was the goddess of the vampires, and the Gathering served as her divine council. Even humanity would not dare challenge her ascendant state, for likely the Pope himself considered her otherworldly, even if drowned in sin.

Soon, Kalara of the Venzalors, of the vampires, would make her final strike at the heart of Christendom.

At present, however, she contented herself with the knowledge that the vampire world had come to her not out of any particular need to be at the gathering, but out of the need to kowtow to her.

Once the chatter had died down, she took a sip of bloodwine from one of the many ceremonial goblets of the Myrávian Empire, at once opening the convention and also showing that she was not unlike the many before her - one of the many quixotic rituals of a vampire who was, in point of fact, completely unlike the others.

"Those of the Blood, I welcome you," she intoned in a heavily accented voice. Some would compare it to an Irish or Scottish accent, but the sharp undertones gave her away as a Myrávian, well-versed in the ancient and mystical language of the vampires that she had devised. "Every 25 years, I have called each and every one of you to this council hall. Almost without fail, you have come. May the reign of the Blood over this world remain supreme."

"Now, however, we find ourselves at a point of divergence. Some who have proven loyal have seemed to waver in their convictions, even as the threat of the non-Blooded and of the packs of dirty blood continues to grow. I expect this growing resistance to be weeded out, to be dealt with. In order to do so, we must know where each coven stands in power within its domain." She motioned toward the vampires at the table as if to invite them to speak.
Last edited by Mewsland on Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Ascendancy of Cártána
Any and all dates I use in MT and PMT RPs on the Diplomacy forums are on the Cártányne calendar. See this factbook for details.
I return at long last to P2TM: At the Gates of Elysium, the first part of a new planned series titled The Elysium Variations developed in collaboration with Zarkenis Ultima & Sovreignry, is open now!

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:52 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:"Nice to meet you Sir Ali-Bazik. I presume you been to one of these gatherings before have you? They say they do then every 25 years, and before now I hadn't found a reason to attend them," said Edward curiously. He pushes his fingers against his glasses to press them back up against his nose. His icy blue eyes gazed upon Uba as he steadily awaited the answer to his question. He adjust his coat slightly to ensure his coat was perfectly aligned.

" Yes, it is my duty to the Empress to heed the call or the Coven would be destroyed." He chuckled.

The sound of the Empress called his attention as he gave a sigh.

" Forgive me Edward, the meeting has been called and our discussion must be put on hold." He bowed," however, should a man of your stature find yourself in need of blood or coin, then come see me in the island of Palma as there will be work for your skill and a contract can be made for tour or two."

Uba walked back to seat and heard the degree of the Empress to measure the power of each Coven and Uba waited a while before he spoke.

" Your majesty," Uba bowed to the Algul Empress," as the Patriarch of the Coven Ali-Bazik, we have been consolidating our strength and support to steel ourselves against the infidels who dare threaten the Empire and Allah's servant Algul in my islands. We have influence over the petty domains in Eastern Iberia and Norther Africa in Carthage. You have my support to maintain our rule and cleanse these Christian heathens from the face of your good Empire."

Sovreignry
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 14, 2011
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Sovreignry » Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:26 pm

Pope Gregory XIII

Gregory was seated in his Papal Carriage feeling every cobble stone along the way from his palace and the di Caeliano estate. As he peeked out the windows he saw the black shadows of some of the Jesuits as they looked over him from above the skyline. He had his own guards, but if a vampire got any ideas about attacking him they would not be as useful as the black shadows.

He put the curtain back and leaned into his seat as they got close to their destination. When they pulled up a servant opened the door for him and helped him down the steps.

"Please let my host know that I have arrived please." he said before another servant went off to find Quirinius. As the servant walked off the servant that had opened his door led him towards the house for the dinner.
From the desk of
William Chocox Ambassador from The Unitary Kingdom of Sovreignry
Office 50, fifth floor, farthest from the elevator
You're supposed to be employing the arts of diplomacy, not the ruddy great thumping sledgehammers of diplomacy. -Ardchoille
It would be easier just to incorporate a "Grief Region" button, so you wouldn't even need to make the effort to do the actual raiding. Players could just bounce from region to region and destroy everyone else's efforts at will, without even bothering about WA status. Wouldn't that be nice. -Frisbeeteria

Why yes, we are better looking: UDL

Nature-Spirits
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nature-Spirits » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:24 am

A procession bearing the insignia of the Tiziatresti and of Venice trundled along the road towards the Lateran Palace. In the first carriage, Dragano and Benesuto sat together, deep in discussion about the coming events of the evening. In the second, Giacomo and his family followed, in order to foster relationships with the di Caeliani for the sake of the Tiziatresti's ongoing local financial operations. Behind, a pair of carts carried gifts for the di Caeliani and for the Pope.

As they pulled up in the piazza at their destination, the Doge and the Archbishop fell into silence. All that needed to be said behind closed doors had been said. Now, it was time to put their plans into action -- not only to ensure the rapprochement of Venice with Rome, but to leave their house's lasting mark. Dragano inhaled, exhaled. He put on his practised diplomat's smile, and adjusted his ceremonial cap.

A servant opened the door to the carriage, and first Dragano, then Benesuto emerged. Giacomo and his family joined the pair, and servants began unloading the gifts intended for their hosts.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM Translation Service Thread
A Proud Portal Nationalist
The P2TM Depot – for all your RPing needs

Cosplaying as a Posadist | LOVEWHOYOUARE~ | Kinky Syndicalist

The Grim Reaper
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Grim Reaper » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:31 am

"There. It's as if they came together."

Quirinius poked a single finger through the curtains of one of the guest bedrooms, facing the piazza. It was the former master bedroom, for he had moved the chambers of House di Caeliani to his childhood bedroom. It had always been intended for a man who would have taken the cloth, and thus the reigns of the House, but there were no eligible gentlemen other than Quirinius - he had been compelled to stay with the laity to be able to continue the bloodline. The bedroom now served as that of the Chaplain of the House, an informal post accorded to whichever di Caeliani who held the Bishopric closest to Rome (or, failing that, the most senior cleric seated near Rome) - at the moment, Quirinius' nephew.

A mirror gave him vision of the piazza without necessitating he reveal himself to the outside world; slightly burnished, so as to avoid catching much of the moonlight.

"The Papal Carriage has dispatched a man in advance; the Venetians have a convoy of two carriages and two carts."

De Laurentiis had already been positioned at the main door of the Lateran Palace. The rooftops of Rome, as much as they were the haunt of the vampires, were equally the haunt of Rome's children, many of whom dreamt of the glories of the di Caelianis as the self-professed Defenders of the Faith. Those more concerned with the here-and-now, of course, were equally enthralled by the di Caelianis' many comings-and-goings regarding the secular celebrities of the day. The skyline was a highway, so to speak; the roads that all ended in Rome, at Quirinius' doorstep.

"The Papal Carriage has arrived first; and is first in the order of precedence."

Convenient, thought Quirinius; as did his majordomo, de Laurentiis. De Laurentiis snapped into action as the Pope's messenger arrived at the doorstep, throwing the doors open and making his way down the stairs. The Lateran Palace kept few staff, and their permanent porters could be counted on one hand. But in the Piazza Lateranese, De Laurentiis' word was law. One did not work with one of the world's most influential households for over a decade without being able to recognize a face. The small handful who conducted trade this late at night in the Piazza knew each other, including De Laurentiis, and a favour to the di Caelianis would be paid in kind tenfold.

De Laurentiis silently watched as a ragtag crew formed out of the wispy mass in the Piazza, effortless directing them with the wordless hand signals of the local porters and journeymen to assist the Pope, and then the Venetians, in unloading their wares, as an aide-de-camp lit a torch by the servants' doors. De Laurentiis had no fears of interluctors, nor thieves - he knew each of this ragtag crew by face.

Channelled through the Sancta Sanctorum, the ancient Chapel in the Lateran Palace, the Pope's delegation and then the Venetians would find themselves ushered at their own time into the great triclinium of the Lateran Palace - the dining room.

Having had an opportunity for silent - if somewhat rushed - prayer, Quirinius would meet each of them individually at the door to the triclinium, sharing a quiet compliment and directing them in general to the dining table. The table would be headed by Quirinius, with the majordomo de Laurentiis at the other end, nearest to the kitchen doors to manage proceedings. To Quirinius' left would be the Pope and his retinue; to his right, Dragano and his retinue. The remainder of the table would be made up of the di Caeliani household closest to Quirinius - of particular note being the Bishop Jerome di Caeliani, and the three di Caeliani sisters (Regina Catarina - Jerome's mother, Georgia Maria, and Beatrice Yvette), in that order.

The dinner would begin with the serving of communion, which Quirinius invited the Pope to lead, before a diverse selection of Italian dishes was brought out. Seizing the day, Quirinius broached the question of business directly;

"Your Serenity, I was pleased to hear of your election. Giacomo's family have been upstanding members of the Roman community since your father undertook operations here - I have no small certainty that it helped your image amongst the faithful in Venice. I can assure you, my own family has found much success working with the Church of Believers across the world, from here in Rome. I understand that you were visiting Rome in a formal capacity?

I had, if you will excuse my presumptions, resolved to ensure that you would be introduced to His Holiness in a manner amicable to fostering a social relationship. However, I am sure that His Holiness, like myself, is curious - what is it you desire from Christendom that brings you to her heart?"
Last edited by The Grim Reaper on Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
If I can't play bass, I don't want to be part of your revolution.
Melbourne, Australia

A & Ω

Is "not a blood diamond" a high enough bar for a wedding ring? Artificial gemstones are better-looking, more ethical, and made out of PURE SCIENCE™.

The Frozen Forest
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Frozen Forest » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:16 pm

Dragoslav Galca

Dragoslav turned to the great Venzalor Matriarch, her power radiating off almost visibly. The way she carried herself led no one to believe she was as weak as she appeared at first sight, her power was immense. If she wanted she could have annihilated not only the Vampires in the room, many of whom were gods in themselves when compared to the average Vampire, but she could have annihilated their vast armies single-handedly if she so wished. Kalara was not one to be betrayed or attacked except by the suicidal. Even the most Insane among them would realize how crazy dissent was. He listened to her as she spoke of dirty bloods and non-blooded. They were dangerous without a doubt, those who didn't pledge loyalty to the existing covens were always dangerous. Their ambition always carried them until their death, they were always willing to take risks in order to achieve their aims. He had been a young Vampire at one point, when he marched on Gaul.

He took a step back as he remembered the sounds of him and his kin pouring into the Roman cities, ripping and tearing all Human resistance to shreds. The terror of such powerful beings attacking them had broken the human morale before it had any chance to gather. The souls by which he claimed for his own Coven were at one time simpletons with nothing more valuable to them than alcohol and debauchery. The Catholic Church should have thanked them for destroying such huge pockets of sin. He felt the sudden urge to laugh to himself at his own ironic thoughts. His fear and respect for his mother exceeded his humor however, he tactfully took a step forwards and sat in order to speak for his Coven.

"My Coven, Coven Galca is as powerful as ever. We've blooded over two-hundred new Vampires since our last meeting. We've managed to keep the amount of Coven-less to a minimum. Despite our uncontested control in our territory, humans have been causing some trouble. Our border with the Papal States has had some unfortunate skirmishes. It's growing increasingly expensive to keep the area fortified." The words rolled off his tongue shamelessly, he allowed himself to relax in the seat.

Valerian Galca

Valerian was interrupted at the sound of a voice behind him. silver fox? What sort of disrespect was that! He began to turn when a figure drifted around and faced him. His scowl quickly transformed into a look of surprise. There was something immediately off about the person standing before him, he seemed odd somehow. Without a chance to reject the gift that was thrust towards him he took it in hand. It was strangely warm and he felt as though he'd heard of the sort of liquid before in one of the Galca archives. There was another odd moment where the older Vampire looked at him somewhat appraisingly. The expression brought an embarrassed feeling to him as he gave a short bow, offering a quick "Thank You..." as he was about to introduce himself the man turned towards Val.

Seeing as he was ousted from the conversation he made his way nearer the Table which held so many of the Coven leaders. Dragoslav was seated at one, offering a modest but expectable view of how the Galca's were doing. Of course the situation was much worse than he had made it out to be. The debts incurred by the Coven were strongly motivating and the "Skirmishes" on the border were outright battles through an unofficial war between the Galca's and the various humans who sought their destruction. Knowing better than to interject his father he simply remained silent, standing nearby in order to hear what the other leaders said.
Add 3,981 to my Post Count

Mewsland
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mewsland » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:19 am

Lady Kalara found herself rather... unenthused by the reports from the covens so far. Though she had tempered her war lust in her increasing age, the Mother still hungered for the days in which she destroyed Rome. Though the vampires easily numbered in the millions, she missed the times when she could recount every single vampire by name and by face. Her vast extended family had grown, almost - it seemed at times - far enough to leave her behind.

This last thought had only made her increasingly cautious. Kalara had once traveled the world, joining her forces with those of other vampire covens to make a battle with the humans even more lopsided. She reveled in the ecstasy of the kill and the triumph of the Blood over the humans. Now, however, she never left Myrávia, increasingly concerned of plots to overthrow her. She could beat such a plot back with ease, of course. The Mother Vampiress had simply decided that the time had come for the other vampires to assume responsibility for their domains.

She knew that, in time, her prowess and her stature as the great Empress of Myrávia would bring her the glory of the days of old, and those days were coming.

It was to Uba she first spoke. "Patriarch Ali-Bazik. Your continued resolve in the fight to bring the followers of Allah into our fold shall bring us naught but victory in the final march against Christendom. You have my thanks."

The Mother Vampiress soon turned to Dragoslav, and Kalara seemed to sense a difference in her child between the meeting of 25 years ago and now. His explanation of the border fight with the Papal States as a series of "skirmishes" rang hollow, and she had the information to know it was more than skirmish at the edge of Italy.

She never left Myrávia, but Kalara was by no means in the dark. If Coven Venzalor were good at any one thing, it was espionage. A vast network of vampires and even some humans kept Myrávia well-supplied with information about its domains.

Of course, the Mother Vampiress would not dare call out her child in this public forum. Perhaps only Dragoslav and Viessa would recognize the ever-so-slight shift in her voice as she intoned her reply. "My child, you hold the whole of Europe back from the torrent of Papist invasion. It is the greatest hope of both myself and the rest of the covens and vampires that you continue to hold that torrent away until we can seal the fate of the cesspool that is the evil Christian domain."
Any and all dates I use in MT and PMT RPs on the Diplomacy forums are on the Cártányne calendar. See this factbook for details.
I return at long last to P2TM: At the Gates of Elysium, the first part of a new planned series titled The Elysium Variations developed in collaboration with Zarkenis Ultima & Sovreignry, is open now!

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:15 am

Edward "Ted" Tomlinson
Edward spoke his goodbye to Uba, and quietly returned to his client. It was there he would listen to the conversation between his client and the Empress. This has been the first time Edward saw the Empress, and in all her beauty. Edward glances at the Empress with cynical eyes those eyes that he would view everyone in regardless of status. She was said to be powerful, power equal to that of a god. Something about it excited Edward, perhaps it was a primal instinct; the one which made man resist god, and perhaps this to was that same feeling that those men of the dawn of time felt.

He stays close to his client. Quietly and patiently watching for those who would dare get between him and his pay. He was ready for anyone, even his hand not be on his blade or handle it can still grab the sword if need be. Half hoping to fight anyone, so he could ignore that primal instinct that festers within him.
Last edited by Holy Tedalonia on Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Flutterlands
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Flutterlands » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:21 am

Raphaël Raymond,
Palace of Myrávia

Raphaël jolted in his bed with a frightful gasp, awoken from yet another nightmare of blood and terror. For the past week, he has been having the same horrible dream. The dream of the night his life ended, his family killed, and his undeath began. It was indeed just a dream, but the emotional significance was great for the french boy. Guilt and anger overcame him at both his failure of that night and creatures who have taken everything from, including his humanity.

Breathing heavily as he regained his senses, Raphaël looked around and remembered where he was. He was in his sleeping quarters given to him by the vampires of Coven Venzalor who took him in after burning his home. His face twisted in anger and hatred towards the creatures of night who destroyed his life. However, now that he was now among their ranks, as a vampire himself, Raphaël felt also confusion of what to do next. Whether it would be escape, slaughter out of vengeance or suicide out of disjust, neither option sounded simple, easy, nor pleasing.

Nonetheless, Raphaël immediately recalled a meeting that was to begin in the Grand Convention Hall. Cursing in disgust and anger at his situation, he got out of bed and began to get dress. Walking through the halls, Raphaël reflected on his first week within the Coven. Ever since being taken here, the boy has mostly found himself confined to the Palace at all times. Not that he wanted to be on any, it appeared that the Vampires didn't consider Raphaël ready yet for a mission. They didn't consider him stable yet with his constant moments of hungry feralism in his early stage of being a vampire. However, they did allow him to go to meetings and 'feasts'.

Raphael arrived at the Grand Convention Hall and noticed that he was quite late. He wondered if they would be upset about it, or whether he should care. The french boy quietly sat down among his fellow vampires and glanced at the Queen sitting up front. They were most likely talking about the Coven Wars against the Church of his --former-- faith. It was yet another reason for his disgust at what he has become. Still, Raph kept silent and stared down a chalice of blood in front of him. Feeling yet another surge of hunger and thirst come upon him by the mere smell, Raph gave in and began to drink the warm content of human life.

I can't help it. thought Raph in self-loathing at what he was doing as he drank, I just feel so... so thirsty... I'm a monster like they are.
Last edited by The Flutterlands on Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Call me Flutters - Minister of Justice of the Federation of the Shy One - Fluttershy is best pony
Who I side with - My Discord - OC Pony - Pitch Black
White, American, Male, Asexual, Deist, Autistic with Aspergers and ADHD, Civil Liberatarian and Democratic Socialist, Brony and Whovian. I have Neurofibromatosis Type 1. I'm also INTJ
Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -4.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.77
Pros: Choice, Democracy, Liberatarianism, Populism, Secularism, Equal Rights, Contraceptives, Immigration, Environmentalism, Free Speech and Egalitarianism
Con: Communism, Fascism, SJW 'Feminism', Terrorism, Homophobia, Transphobia, Xenophobia, Death Penalty, Totalitarianism, Neoliberalism, and War.
Ravenclaw

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:30 pm

The Flutterlands wrote:-snip-

Uba sat near the other noble algul. He felt nothing to the noted feelings of the Empress as he merely shrugged off the idea that he was merely just being loyal as it keeps the people of Allah and his Algul servants from being burned or cursed by some magic. While other algul claimed to be divine, Uba knows that her strength was otherworldly, divine is something he wouldn't say but she knows his feelings and knows his loyalty.

He straightened out the cresses in his merchant wear as he still refuse drink from the servants who try to fill his still empty goblet. If he wished to drink, then he would excuse himself to eat a rat that he usually brings with him and befriended. It was seen as a dishonorable thing in his eyes to feed on beast companion but the rat felt no pain as the "dark kiss" brings pleasure to both man and beast.

As the other nobles win and dinned as they awaited an answer from Coven Galca for the Empress' accusations, Uba noticed the newest edition to the Imperial Coven. Uba turned his head as he tried to remember who the young boy was. In his recent memories he heard news from the spies and the petty kingdoms that dot Eastern Iberia about Raphaël Raymond. The poor French boy was a byproduct of a raid that caused him to become cursed like the rest of algul.

It wasn't unheard of for young children that are forceably turned before their time, it was as common as lesser men wishing to obtain immortality. Uba had turned away many potential blooded who couldn't ahear to the strict tenants that came with being turned into one of his own. To him, this new generation didn't know of the harshness of unlife or to keep their baser instincts in check. However, this didn't mean that the young or unwillingly turned were like that. For them, this was torture and their feelings were multiplied as the reality of their entrapment washes over them.

" You must be Raphaël?" Uba asked with a genuine look of sadness, " I'm sorry that you were transformed against your will but you don't need to drink human blood if you don't wish it."

He extends his hand and a rat appears from his sleeve as it crawls up his arm to his hand as it stand up twitching his nose at the young noble.

" You cannot fight your urges as an algul, but you may learn how to resist them longer than what you do now. One thing to help is to gain subsistence from animals. Though it is seen as distasteful to most of our kind but our bodies don't have a preference. If you wish to train yourself then you should learn to tame and breed your own stock and keep some for a long snack or to keep yourself from the edge of frenzy."

He lifts his hand to the rat as he snifs around the palm to and then rest," take this young one, I have many more of his litter. You may keep it as a friend or slate your thirst but I advise to try and make your own pack of animals. It rest the cursed mind, especially in the early years of being bloodied."

Nature-Spirits
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nature-Spirits » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:37 pm

Dragano was impressed by the show put on by the di Caeliani household, especially given the limited time and resources they had to prepare for the occasion. He was not an exceptionally pious man, but he had to admit, even if only to himself, that during his quick prayer in the Sancta Sanctorum, he almost felt closer to God than he did at the Baxéłega de San Marco, in all its splendour. But his thoughts necessarily returned to the political matters at hand, delicate as they were. He was about to meet with two of Italy's most influential men, and he would only have one chance to secure what he wanted from them.

After the dinner began, Quirinius opened with the usual pleasantries. So far, everything was proceeding as expected. Then, the man broached the topic that Dragano was waiting for: the purpose of his visit.

Dragano smiled warmly. "My thanks, Prince-Commander, for your generous words, and of course for hosting us when your household is already so preoccupied with your preparations for the upcoming Feast. Speaking of which, before the thought passes, I have brought with me this evening, as a donation to your cause, a collection of arms, as well as frankincense from Arabia and a number of fine spices from further East. I'm sure your kitchens will perform wonders with the latter, judging by the meal they've produced tonight. I have also brought a number of gifts for His Holiness and Holy Mother Church, which I will have delivered to the Vatican tomorrow.

"As regards your question, though, you are quite right that this is not only a social visit -- although it is my wish that we will maintain an amicable relationship. It is no secret -- indeed, it is a painful blight upon Christendom -- that Italy is woefully divided, and relations between Venice and Rome have, at times, been strained. My father hoped to heal the divide, and the beginning of that process, for him, was to establish Giacomo and his family here in Rome. I hope to further that relationship and forge an enduring alliance between the Italian states, for only united can Christendom hope to stand against the vampire menace beyond the Alps."
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM Translation Service Thread
A Proud Portal Nationalist
The P2TM Depot – for all your RPing needs

Cosplaying as a Posadist | LOVEWHOYOUARE~ | Kinky Syndicalist

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:20 pm

The scion of the Obsidian Tower leaned forward slightly in his seat as Coven Galca delivered their report. The barest flicker of bemusement passed through his eyes as the Matriarch responded, her tone one that few could distinguish. Vampires, as the humans were so fond of terming the Blooded, operated on a level of subtlety that most of the mortals found impossible to deal with. Zhukov, on the other hand, understood far more than most of even those that sat around the table could comprehend. They were undead but he... the lord of House Felfaen was something else. A vampire, yes, but other as well.

Not that his senses were necessary to tell him that Dragoslav spoke less of what was true and more of what was diplomatic. The interests of the Midnight Aristocracy in northern Italy were manyfold, adjoining as it did to his own realm in Germania. And the Galcans, for all their connections, had never really understood the value of crossing the palms of those who worked for them with silver. Loyalty all men treasured, but there were other things that they could measure against that loyalty even more tangibly. Those of the Blood that pursued the interests of the Coven in Italia often sent reports of their affairs to another master, Warden Hadrian of the Southern Marches.

And what Hadrian knew, Zhukov knew. Kalara's words held the barest menace in their undertone, the faintest hint of steel under the velvet of the diplomatic dance that was a Conclave. And the master of House Felfaen relished it. His own war against the Italians was something he was certain that the Venzalors here in distant Myravia were aware of, though he would never bother openly declaring it. It had not been necessary to mobilize military assets of the Aristocracy outside of Germania in generations, and that was a state of affairs the King of Winter was quite content with. The humans were so pliable, as he had once been. Allegiances could be bought, nobility bribed with the promise of the Red Kiss, fiefs turned from their former allegiances to embrace the darkness with a generation of whispers.

The immortals could afford to be patient. Not that that was a quality they all possessed. After all, of the Forty Five, only twenty survived to the present day; immortality was not an eternity, not even if one was careful. And the wars of knives that silently raged at times across the Empire were not games to be played lightly. There was no creature so good at killing a vampires as another vampire.

His mistress finished her supportive but oh-so-delightfully-cool statement towards the Galcans. Hyperbole, certainly, but flattery was the social lubricant that turned the wheels of a feudal system which spanned a continent. No other of the Great Covens spoke for a time, and so Zhukov nodded to himself, ere giving voice to his thoughts.

"Matriarch. The lands of Germania prosper. The details are as I reported last quarter: Two hundred thousand tons of steel, fifteen thousand Agaladrim raised to full operation. My artificers promise that their progress towards unlocking the secret of a repeating slugthrower is reaching its apex; the warding spells need only a few more refinements, and they shall be ready for production. The humans to our south little trouble us, divided and quarrelsome as they remain. The Church of the All-Father has made significant inroads into the folk of the inner Alps, and their tributes swell. I foresee no troubles for Germania in the future- three more provinces have been integrated to the east within the last cycle of She Above."

Details were light, but he felt little need to elaborate. The system of relay seers established between the Obsidian Tower and the Channel did not sleep, and House Felfaen floated on a sea of parchment. If Kalara was not aware of nearly as many minutae of the operation of Germania as he was, it was not due to lack of ability, but lack of desire. There were always the occasional internal conflicts, of course; the squabbling of the mortals for position and prestige at court within the Halls of the Abyss, the burning of those heathens who rejected the truth of the Maker. But they were scarcely worth mentioning even at his own feasts and banquets, and certainly not here in Conclave. Weakness was not rewarded in the Empire. Blood in the water only attracted sharks.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

The Flutterlands
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The Flutterlands » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:21 am

Raphaël Raymond

Raphaël looked up to find that he was sitting next to a strange dark skinned man with very strange clothes. He has seen Uba a few times during his time in the palace and found him a little fascinating when not wallowed up in his own thoughts. The boy have only seen people like him once before as a little child when one came to his father's merchant place His father taught him that they came from the eastern and much warmer part of the world. Raphaël was still curious to have seen such a strange man and was curious to see yet another one the second time in his life.

Suddenly, however, Raphaël remembered that the man was a vampire and gave him an untrustworthy look. He didn't consider vampires to be known for compassion or pitty. Raph's eyes softened a little though when Uba advocated drinking animal blood instead of human as if he knew how he felt about the ordeal. He had thoughts off that, but didn't consider if it would work. Not to mention he still had his emotions. Could other vamoires have the same?

The young boy took the rat from Uba and stared at the rat. He smiled a little at the rat, before looking back at the other vampire. "T-thanks." Raph replied, his voice still uneasy as he rubbed the two holes in his neck where was bitten. This was in fact the first time he has spoke a word since taken to the palace. "I think I can make due with... this little guy."

Raph looked away and stared at the lack of reflection in his chalice. Questions began to swirl in his head. "I must ask though, why?" he said quietly, but loud enough for Uba to listen, "My parents... my sisters... my humanity... it's all gone... why? Don't I have enough reasons to hate vampires? I lost everything. ...Did you know the vampire that I killed? I'm not sorry I did it... Still... thank you... anyway..."
Last edited by The Flutterlands on Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Call me Flutters - Minister of Justice of the Federation of the Shy One - Fluttershy is best pony
White, American, Male, Asexual, Deist, Autistic with Aspergers and ADHD, Civil Liberatarian and Democratic Socialist, Brony and Whovian. I have Neurofibromatosis Type 1. I'm also INTJ
Political Compass
Pros: Choice, Democracy, Liberatarianism, Populism, Secularism, Equal Rights, Contraceptives, Immigration, Environmentalism, Free Speech and Egalitarianism
Con: Communism, Fascism, SJW 'Feminism', Terrorism, Homophobia, Transphobia, Xenophobia, Death Penalty, Totalitarianism, Neoliberalism, and War.
Ravenclaw

The Frozen Forest
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Frozen Forest » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:37 pm

Dragoslav Galca

Dragoslav gave a quick, calculated nod. The tone of voice that rolled off of Kalara's lips was less than welcome. He had been around long enough to know that this particular tone of voice was used more among the First Children then others, and it was a subtle way of her showing that she had caught him in a lie, or rather an underplay of the true damage being caused on the Italian border. He doubted she would call him out on it, she was fair enough to realize that he had to maintain him stature while in the presence of others. In truth the situation was much bleaker than he could have hoped for. It had started some years prior, with Humanity pouring across the Galca border in droves. Armored knights and powerful Cavalry had quickly overwhelmed the border towns. He had been in Làcusta at the time, preparing a brilliant feasts for his most powerful Coven-Members. It was a celebration he reveled in, having it every few years when sufficient blood had been gathered for the occasion. Needless to say he had to cancel his feast and march south with the Galca's main body of Vampires and subservient humans. He had been fortunate enough to catch the so called "Crusaders" in Marseilles, presently known as Ulázier. His victory was total but still costly. He drove them back to Turin before returning to the border. The whole affair had lasted only about seven months and he had made sure it was one of the best kept secrets in the Galca Territory. If the other Covens knew of the financial strain the war, which was still unofficial but ongoing, they would use that against them.

"I will double my forces on the border and have new fortresses built once i return to Làcusta, Mother. The Christians will not advance into Italy." He bowed before inquiring "Until? Mother, do you have something planned?"
Add 3,981 to my Post Count

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:22 pm

The Flutterlands wrote:snip

Uba turned away from the young vampire for a second as the memories of how he became a algul came back to him. He sighed as he looked at him with much empathy.

" Most covens liked to express how powerful they are against humans for whatever they wish. Many of this current generation's alguls happen to be turned by force in their wake by others of equal strength in this generation, not caring or knowing of the lasting consequences of such actions. This makes covenless alguls of your age stalking around the night, killing themselves, or going insane because the burden of unlife brings with it."

He looks at the table and the goblet that showed nothing but a ghost in cloth. The memories of him attacking the former Roman rulers of the island and he using magic to become one of the algul that now walk among the night but the idea of his soul, his humanity, was always a matter of personal debate for every action he did and every time he prayed and fast for forgiveness so that he may keep the tenants of his Coven.

" You may have lost your family, but you haven't lost your humanity." Uba said with a faint smile," as someone who keeps his and prays for the souls of his fellow algul. You have a soul for you still cry for your family and sought justice against the one who has done the unthinkable."

He puts his hand on his chest," I have chosen the route of undeath to save my people and protect them against the threats of this world. I have made strict tenants to my blooded and focused on maintaining my coven as the defenders of Allah's followers, rather they be human or algul. You are young and have time to find your place, but if you need help to try and retain your soul or to improve your physical form then there I would be happy to guide on the path or show you those who can do it better than I."
Last edited by Ralnis on Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sovreignry
Diplomat

Postby Sovreignry » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:16 pm

Pope Gregory XIII

Gregory sat at the table and sampled the fare while he waited for the Doge to respond. He was intrigued by the limited news that had reached Rome since the young man had been elected. He seemed like a good person and a good selection to lead Venice, but Gregory was going to need to get a better idea of what kind of man he was before he made mention of any plans involving the vampires. Same went for the young Quirinius as well as he was newly raised to his position. As he continued to eat Gregory pondered the two men sitting with him at the table.
From the desk of
You're supposed to be employing the arts of diplomacy, not the ruddy great thumping sledgehammers of diplomacy. -Ardchoille
It would be easier just to incorporate a "Grief Region" button, so you wouldn't even need to make the effort to do the actual raiding. Players could just bounce from region to region and destroy everyone else's efforts at will, without even bothering about WA status. Wouldn't that be nice. -Frisbeeteria

The Flutterlands
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The Flutterlands » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:09 pm

Raphael Raymond

Raph's eyes narrowed as he listened to why the vampires attacked, anger dueling his heart. His village was relatively peaceful and mostly stayed out of the wars against the Vampire. There was no reason for the vampires' attack on his people. Hearing about the horror of Vampiric atrocities, however, made the young boy wish to join the fight upon getting older. Raphael wondered, out of thoughts for great vengeance for the crimes against his family and village, if he could still have such a chance. The fact that he was a vampire himself, though, made it difficult to come to a decision on how.

The boy then glanced at Uba as he continued to listen and eyed him curiously. It was obvious and clear that the dark skinned man was different from the other vampires from his experience, or at least what he has been told about them. Raph looked away for a moment and stared at the rat given to him, his fangs drooling in thirst for it's blood. His eyes narrowed in thought of what to make of Uba and wither he should trust him. If Raphael was going to get what he wanted, it would be good to get as much help he can get.

Raph gently bit into the rat and close his eyes and as he drank it's blood, grimaced in memory of the terrible night his undeath began. The vampires seem to believe that his sisters were killed by his biter. However, the reality was much, much worse. "I still seek vengeance for the attack on village and what was taken from me," he confessed quietly, grimacing again in memory seeing the corpses of his sister beneath his blooded face, "I seek redemption as well... My sisters... After I was bitten I-i... I just lost control and I..."

Raph found himself filled with grief and rage. His face grimaced and his hand clenched onto a cross necklace around his neck beneath his clothes. "I... I swore to my parents that I'd protect them, yet I failed them all... If you want to help me, can I trust you to help me find what I seek?"
Last edited by The Flutterlands on Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:11 am, edited 3 times in total.
Political Compass
Ravenclaw

The Grim Reaper
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Grim Reaper » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:36 am

Quirinius sipped from his goblet, his eyes directed politely towards Dragano. Dragano's words drifted through the hall, both Quirinius and his majordomo taking careful note as Dragano listed off the many gifts he had brought with him. The collection of arms, of course, would be well-received. Quirinius made a mental note to find out how many people it would outfit. Frankincense and the spices, of course, would come in extraordinarily handy for the Feast. Quirinius was certain the latter trove had already been considerably purloined by the majordomo, for the purposes of secreting some of the less ostentatious amongst their number in the meals being prepared tonight.

With a gentle stroke of his beard, he considered Dragano's statements carefully. He was not surprised to know that Dragano had an ulterior motive in Rome; however, he was surprised to know that that motive was not simply mercantilism, but of waging war. Whilst he was under no illusions as to Venice's military history - for its naval capabilities were no small feat, in the face of piracy across the seas and in the Near East, and its capabilities at land similarly suited to protecting its interests - he had laboured under what now seemed to be a false understanding of its military ambitions. A spark took hold in his eyes. Perhaps not best described as excitement, but expectation, as the stony pallour of the di Caeliani face gave way to an equally renowed tension, his eyes honing in on unseen maps and numbers. In his mind registered, in the blink of an eye, all of the considerable knowledge he held of the Venetian military holdings in Rome; of the men and arms it had brought to bear on its passage to the Lateran Palace, and of what his allies had informed him of their current lodgings.

He did not hesitate to assure himself that these were the words of a man who intended to bear them. Quirinius had no time for posturing; the di Caelianis had, for many years, prided themselves on presenting themselves and nothing more - for they were, come rain and high waters, the best. He expected the same of his allies.

His finger pulled up some of the cloth across his legs. His shield-hand angled his goblet towards himself, candlelight behind him throwing a blood red reflection on his face. Drawing his dominant hand up, wiping the rim of his goblet clean in a single, deft stroke, he seemed not to have even disturbed the liquid within. It threatened to ring out, but the returning hand dulled the polished metal vessel.

Partially the showmanship of a skilled swordsman, and partially the housekeeping of a head of house. His familymembers took note, and their small talk began to raise, obligating those at the head of the table to lean in towards each other - an intentional move, to help form an atmosphere conduicive to social closeness and to disguise their conversation from any imagined phantoms that may have, miraculously, made it into the heart of the Lateran Palace without the knowledge of one of the thousands in Rome whose eyes and ears were Quirinius'.

"It is interesting to have another visit Rome speaking of our Italian divisions. On the matter of politics, of course, di Caeliani is pledged to the defense of Christendom. When in Rome, that defense is in the shape of our obligations to the Papacy. However, it is no secret that we keep friends in households across the peninsula. We are dedicated to contributing where we can to the unity of Christendom, and in humble service to its constituents.

If it is the opinion of yourselves, and of His Holiness, that the creatures of the night are detrimental to our Church of believers, then it is ours not to question that opinion, but only to act upon it."

At this, Quirinius nodded to His Holiness, as if requesting papal assent towards what was - by Quirinius' standards, at least - a thinly-veiled declaration of war against a hated enemy.
If I can't play bass, I don't want to be part of your revolution.
Melbourne, Australia

A & Ω

Is "not a blood diamond" a high enough bar for a wedding ring? Artificial gemstones are better-looking, more ethical, and made out of PURE SCIENCE™.

Sovreignry
Diplomat

Postby Sovreignry » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:03 am

Pope Gregory XIII

Gregory looked to both men. He'd been working in secret against the vampires, and he felt that at the moment that was still the best way to fight back against them. He still needed to be careful in case anyone was listening.

"That may be a possibility, and we might have an order that works towards placing Christianity in its rightful place as overlord of the peoples of the world. But we must be careful with any plans we have. Not even a united Christendom would be able to stand against them. We would need to be very careful with this."

He adjusted his robes as he finished speaking.
From the desk of

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:57 pm

The Flutterlands wrote:Raphael Raymond

Raph's eyes narrowed as he listened to why the vampires attacked, anger dueling his heart. His village was relatively peaceful and mostly stayed out of the wars against the Vampire. There was no reason for the vampires' attack on his people. Hearing about the horror of Vampiric atrocities, however, made the young boy wish to join the fight upon getting older. Raphael wondered, out of thoughts for great vengeance for the crimes against his family and village, if he could still have such a chance. The fact that he was a vampire himself, though, made it difficult to come to a decision on how.

The boy then glanced at Uba as he continued to listen and eyed him curiously. It was obvious and clear that the dark skinned man was different from the other vampires from his experience, or at least what he has been told about them. Raph looked away for a moment and stared at the rat given to him, his fangs drooling in thirst for it's blood. His eyes narrowed in thought of what to make of Uba and wither he should trust him. If Raphael was going to get what he wanted, it would be good to get as much help he can get.

Raph gently bit into the rat and close his eyes and as he drank it's blood, grimaced in memory of the terrible night his undeath began. The vampires seem to believe that his sisters were killed by his biter. However, the reality was much, much worse. "I still seek vengeance for the attack on village and what was taken from me," he confessed quietly, grimacing again in memory seeing the corpses of his sister beneath his blooded face, "I seek redemption as well... My sisters... After I was bitten I-i... I just lost control and I..."

Raph found himself filled with grief and rage. His face grimaced and his hand clenched onto a cross necklace around his neck beneath his clothes. "I... I swore to my parents that I'd protect them, yet I failed them all... If you want to help me, can I trust you to help me find what I seek?"

Uba had given it a thought as he heard the request. It was an honorable request but gears start to grease and ideas start to formulate.

" I have very powerful influence when it comes to my station. If it's someone or something precious then I can try to search such a thing for you." He sighed as he continued," however, understand that such goals come with a price."

He shook his head as he said that," I hate to deal in the transactions of other algul who are self-centered and greedy as the "blessing" of undeath make's us but in matters such as this, I will ask you for a favor that I may call upon someday in exchange."

Mewsland
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mewsland » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:06 pm

Kalara's extraordinary subtlety belied a vampire with more than a fair share of ambition and of self-importance. She could be brutal against her opponents without their having even realized that she had cut the strength right out from under them. These qualities aside, she was also a masterful diplomat - and a manipulator. She knew that her hint of menace would only be picked up on by those who would share her sense of balancing ambition against the integrity of vampire society.

The Mother Vampiress also knew that the age of the Forty-Five was potentially at its zenith.. Eventually, the time would come that she would find the enemy who would challenge or even surpass her just as she had surpassed the vampires of old. Only 20 of her First Children survived, and the rise of humanity showed that challenges were replete in life - and for those who sat back on their immortality, they would eventually become insurmountable.

To those who understood the subtleties of vampires, Kalara would seem just a hair more impressed with the report from Coven Felfaen than Coven Galca. "Our Germanian brethren seem to enjoy peace and prosperity at this point. I am pleased to see the degree of advancement which you have reached, Zhukov of the Felfaen. Just beware - those who do not foresee trouble will not see it until it becomes too late."

She turned back to Dragoslav as he spoke. "I look forward to seeing the results of your enterprise. I know you will see to it that the creatures will not advance. As for my plans, I always have a plan. If I did not, I would be dead."

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse