NATION

PASSWORD

Crisis of Petwora: A New Dawn {OOC|DEAD}

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Charlia
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:52 am

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:
Lunas Legion wrote:Character App
Name: Aoife Ní Dhiarmada

allow her to track a single target provided she has an item belonging to that target to place a rune on, create a binding geis on whomever the rune is painted on, a rule that allows her to summon and throw fireballs from whatever it is painted on (or throw whatever it is painted on as a larger fireball) and finally a combination of runes that allow her to lock a willing target into a 1v1 death match with the rune user and targeted being the only things able to affect each other, while also being unable to harm anything else. Her runes require the name of the rune to be spoken to activate the effects of the inscribed rune, after which the effects will last until the rune runs out of magical energy and needs to recharge.

I'm not going to instantly deny your app, but there is a problem with the magic specifics. This is NOT Alteration, as I stated in the lore stuff, "The Alteration Arts are based around the idea of altering the physical properties of anything around them."

Tracking through a rune is not altering of physical properties, nor is summoning fireballs. Nor is locking a target into a one on one death match where they are unable to harm anything else.

Also, I hope you realize that the chances that she has those mythical weapons is extremely slim

Charlia wrote:I claim Shi for team 1!

As punny as it would be to put him on team 4.

As punny? Typo much... also can't put him on team 4 as it is full...

I can't promise that he'll be on team 1...

Remnants of Exilvania wrote:
Wait, they are not the center of all that is kind and good and compassionate left in this grim world?

What ever made you think that?
No, it's not a typo. It would be punny, because 'shi' is one way to pronounce the number 4 in Japanese. It's also a way to say 'death'. The number 4 is thus an unlucky number in Japan. And thus it would be punny(portmanteau, you see--'pun' and 'funny') to put him on team 4.

*shrugs* Wordplay is fun.

*glaaaaaaaaaare*
Spindle wrote:
Wait, they are not the center of all that is kind and good and compassionate left in this grim world?

Charli? Good? Compassionate?
Hey, I can be nice... pffft... yeah, I can't say that with a straight face at all. XD

Spindle
Senator

Founded: Aug 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Spindle » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:55 am

Charlia wrote:
Spindle wrote:Charli? Good? Compassionate?
Hey, I can be nice... pffft... yeah, I can't say that with a straight face at all. XD

'Pologies. We love you and all, but I'm fairly certain you are also the literal devil.
Disclaimer: Nothing said here is the product of a rational mind.
So...apparently I'm a decent writer. Um...wait, what?
Relativity, nukes in space, nukes in atmosphere, LASERs, MASERs, kinetic weapons, missile and kinetic CIWS, impactors and centripital force.

And, of course, for anything at all, you can always go here.

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:58 am

Spindle wrote:
Charlia wrote:Hey, I can be nice... pffft... yeah, I can't say that with a straight face at all. XD

'Pologies. We love you and all, but I'm fairly certain you are also the literal devil.
Well, with how many times I've used the :twisted: emoji, I suppose I can't be surprised that you would get that impression...

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 29, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:59 am

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:

What ever made you think that?

*awkward silence*

Spindle wrote:

Charli? Good? Compassionate?

*even more awkward silence*

Yeah, I suppose my moral and emotional compass is very messed up.
Explains why my best friends are...an utter madman, a psychotic weeaboo and a silent yes-man.
Ex-NE Panzerwaffe Hauptmann; War Merit Cross & Knights Cross of the Iron Cross
Ex Woodhouse Loyalist & Ex Inactive BLITZKRIEG Foreign Relations Minister
REST IN PEACE HERZOG FRIEDRICH VON WÜRTTEMBERG! † 9. May 2018
Furchtlos und Treu dem Hause Württemberg für alle Ewigkeit!

Spindle
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Spindle » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:01 am

Charlia wrote:
Spindle wrote:'Pologies. We love you and all, but I'm fairly certain you are also the literal devil.
Well, with how many times I've used the :twisted: emoji, I suppose I can't be surprised that you would get that impression...

"I reveal my true form through emojis...hehehehe..."

Spindle wrote:Charli? Good? Compassionate?

*even more awkward silence*

Explains why my best friends are...an utter madman, a psychotic weeaboo and a silent yes-man.

So...d'ya wanna talk about it?
Relativity, nukes in space, nukes in atmosphere, LASERs, MASERs, kinetic weapons, missile and kinetic CIWS, impactors and centripital force.

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:04 am

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:
Lunas Legion wrote:Character App
Name: Aoife Ní Dhiarmada

allow her to track a single target provided she has an item belonging to that target to place a rune on, create a binding geis on whomever the rune is painted on, a rule that allows her to summon and throw fireballs from whatever it is painted on (or throw whatever it is painted on as a larger fireball) and finally a combination of runes that allow her to lock a willing target into a 1v1 death match with the rune user and targeted being the only things able to affect each other, while also being unable to harm anything else. Her runes require the name of the rune to be spoken to activate the effects of the inscribed rune, after which the effects will last until the rune runs out of magical energy and needs to recharge.

I'm not going to instantly deny your app, but there is a problem with the magic specifics. This is NOT Alteration, as I stated in the lore stuff, "The Alteration Arts are based around the idea of altering the physical properties of anything around them."

Tracking through a rune is not altering of physical properties, nor is summoning fireballs. Nor is locking a target into a one on one death match where they are unable to harm anything else.

Also, I hope you realize that the chances that she has those mythical weapons is extremely slim

Fine, I'll chop out that stuff (although she could probably pull off the fireball trick by changing something's physical properties so that it combusts into a fireball by altering the factors that cause something to burst into flame; I should've been more specific about that).

Yup; if she has either, it'll probably be Gáe Buidhe, since it's just a fancy spear with a name/legend and no actual powers.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:06 am

Spindle wrote:
Charlia wrote:Hey, I can be nice... pffft... yeah, I can't say that with a straight face at all. XD

I care to disagree.

No one cares about your opinion, now go back from where you came before I do that again.
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Kuhlfros wrote:Fall Lot Himdah=Alakazam (May or May not have to do with Merlin)

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Spindle wrote:Aaaaaand, the font of all sass.

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:07 am

Spindle wrote:
Remnants of Exilvania wrote:*even more awkward silence*

So...d'ya wanna talk about it?

I am best friends with the teachers everyone hates in my school.
I think they are really friendly.
I like my messed up compass the way it is.

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:08 am

Lunas Legion wrote:
Faal Lot Himdah wrote:

Fine, I'll chop out that stuff (although she could probably pull off the fireball trick by changing something's physical properties so that it combusts into a fireball by altering the factors that cause something to burst into flame; I should've been more specific about that).

Yup; if she has either, it'll probably be Gáe Buidhe, since it's just a fancy spear with a name/legend and no actual powers.

That wouldn't be summoning a fire ball though now would it? That would be causing the object to be used in the process.
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:11 am

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:
Spindle wrote:

I care to disagree.

No one cares about your opinion, now go back from where you came before I do that again.
...Void-senpai!

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:14 am

Charlia wrote:
Faal Lot Himdah wrote:
I care to disagree.

...Void-senpai!

I blame Void for my miserable self.

Spindle
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Spindle » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:22 am

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:
Spindle wrote:'Pologies. We love you and all, but I'm fairly certain you are also the literal devil.

I care to disagree.

Errr...I hate to be that guy, but if I genuinely thought some was the literal devil, I wouldn't joke about it on a forum on the internet. I would...convert, I guess? Find a crucifix? I don't know...but not this. This was a joke.

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:24 am

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:
Lunas Legion wrote:

That wouldn't be summoning a fire ball though now would it? That would be causing the object to be used in the process.

I suppose. This is why I shouldn't write power lists at midnight after doing research for other powers beforehand. Anyways, powers have been altered, she's lost all non-altering runes, added some I thought of (iron transmutation, weight alteration, adding magnetism.)
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:27 am

Spindle wrote:
Faal Lot Himdah wrote:
I care to disagree.

Errr...I hate to be that guy, but if I genuinely thought some was the literal devil, I wouldn't joke about it on a forum on the internet. I would...convert, I guess? Find a crucifix? I don't know...but not this. This was a joke.

You don't know Void don't you... Charlia, care to explain?
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Free Empire of the Low Isles
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 20, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Free Empire of the Low Isles » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:28 am

Spindle wrote:
Faal Lot Himdah wrote:
I care to disagree.

Poor Spindle. I guess he never went through that phase where you color the texts for especially special and powerful characters, huh?
"Metaphors have a way of holding the most truth in the least space." - Orson Scott Card

"Among my most prized possessions are words that I have never spoken" - Orson Scott Card

"There are no happy endings, because nothing ever ends." - Schmendrick the Magician

"I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else where I was capable of thinking for myself. Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent." - Thomas Jefferson

"You don't write because you want to say something, you write because you have something to say." - F. Scott Fitzgerald

An Egalitarian, humanist, and a member of the glorious Kekistani people!

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:32 am

Free Empire of the Low Isles wrote:
Spindle wrote:

Poor Spindle. I guess he never went through that phase where you color the texts for especially special and powerful characters, huh?

I got lucky enough to see it in one RP...or was it two?

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:34 am

Spindle wrote:
Faal Lot Himdah wrote:
I care to disagree.

It's okay. He knows. The red text is supposed to indicate Void, an eeeeeeeevil demon. The 'No one cares' was directed at Void. You're fine.

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:37 am

Charlia wrote:
Spindle wrote:
It's okay. He knows. The red text is supposed to indicate Void, an eeeeeeeevil demon. The 'No one cares' was directed at Void. You're fine.

Excuse me, a demon? You insult me. I don't need to take this, good day.
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:41 am

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:
Charlia wrote:It's okay. He knows. The red text is supposed to indicate Void, an eeeeeeeevil demon. The 'No one cares' was directed at Void. You're fine.

Excuse me, a demon? You insult me. I don't need to take this, good day.
Well then how do you want me describing you? You're not the literal devil last I checked, and Merlin always calls you a demon, so forgive me if I don't have anything else to go on. If you want a different term used, then give me one, or live up to your self-proclaimed evilness and fight back; don't just huff around in a sulk like a toddler who didn't get the toy they wanted. That's just disappointing. I expect better from you... Void-senpai.
Last edited by Charlia on Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Free Empire of the Low Isles » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:42 am

Character App
Name: Hisashi 'Shi' Kimura
Race: Human
Sex: Male
Sexual Orientation: Straight, though to preoccupied to notice it
Bio: As a new and relatively silent transfer student to Petwora, there are only a few things that are general common knowledge about Shi. One, he's a quiet second year that doesn't talk to anyone and stays in the back of the class, emitting the occasional sob. Second, he used to reside in Yopine Academy until some strange and horrible accident caused him to be expelled and even shunned from all the other IMOSA Academies. But Petwora. Since it's, you know, the worst one. And really desperate.

For those of you that have been through this rodeo before, his background is the same as the other two or three times... I just didn't feel like writing it again.
Appearance:

Magic Art: The Spirit Arts
Magic Specifics: Essentially, Shi can see, hear, and interact with ghosts/spirits/the dead/unseeable beings in a variety of ways. Theoretically, he could control or even directly fight spirits if he so wished, but due to his mental state he is incapable of doing so until he gains a little courage. If he does gain that courage, though, he could cause or force a spirit to become visible to beings in the living realm, as well as force them into corpses to fight for him, though keeping them as poltergeists or manifested spirits would be the more powerful option.
Other Abilities: He can speak, read, and write in English, Japanese, and Mandarin. He's slightly cooking capable, if only the ghost in the cabinet would stop jumping out at scaring him all the time. Uhm... maybe he can draw a bit too? Like, old Renaissance man kinda drawing not modern level stuff. Sketches 'n shiet.
Weapon(s): He's not allowed to carry safety scissors, let alone weapons...

RP Sample: Don't you know who I am!? I am FREE! You know... that one guy...
Did you read the Rules? Yes, daddy.

Optional Stuff:
Personality: Shy, introverted, and easily cowed. He definitely won't stand up for himself and when it comes to taking orders, anyone could tell him to do anything with the right amount of anger or even niceness. Which isn't healthy.
Likes: Books, lights, art, Americans, foreign media, anime, things that aren't scary.
Dislikes: Ghost stories/media (They attract more ghosts when told/shown, that's why the good ones actually make you feel like ghosts are real), really tall and imposing people, sheets, the dark, scary things, and milk.

Alignment: No.
Theme Song: Blow Up the Outside World by Soundgarden
"Metaphors have a way of holding the most truth in the least space." - Orson Scott Card

"Among my most prized possessions are words that I have never spoken" - Orson Scott Card

"There are no happy endings, because nothing ever ends." - Schmendrick the Magician

"I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else where I was capable of thinking for myself. Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent." - Thomas Jefferson

"You don't write because you want to say something, you write because you have something to say." - F. Scott Fitzgerald

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:11 pm

Free Empire of the Low Isles wrote:Character App
Name: Hisashi 'Shi' Kimura

Accepted
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Spindle
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Spindle » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:27 pm

Charlia wrote:
Spindle wrote:Errr...I hate to be that guy, but if I genuinely thought some was the literal devil, I wouldn't joke about it on a forum on the internet. I would...convert, I guess? Find a crucifix? I don't know...but not this. This was a joke.

Ooooooh. Now is a horrible time to remember that. Apologies everyone.

And now, if it's fine with everybody, I need to run away somewhere for seppuku.

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:29 pm

Spindle wrote:
Charlia wrote:It's okay. He knows. The red text is supposed to indicate Void, an eeeeeeeevil demon. The 'No one cares' was directed at Void. You're fine.

I prefer sudoku myself, but whatever works for you, I guess. :p

Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Free Empire of the Low Isles » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:30 pm

Charlia wrote:
Spindle wrote:

I prefer chess.

... Wait, we weren't talking about board games?

Spindle
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Spindle » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:32 pm

Charlia wrote:
Spindle wrote:Ooooooh. Now is a horrible time to remember that. Apologies everyone.

Combine the two, then? Sudoku in blood: only summons the middle-class daemons.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse