NATION

PASSWORD

Strike Witches '68 (Fantasy/War, OOC/Interest)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Hashkin
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 16, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Hashkin » Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:55 pm

Can I be a war reporter, and is there a Korean war in this universe

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi wrote:Why would would India need an aircraft carrier? India is an aircraft carrier.
economic left/right 0.88
social libertarian/authoritarian -1.74
DEFCON:
1 - Nuclear War
2 - Major/World War
3 - Hashkinian Forces Deployed
4 - Tension Risen <--
5 - Peacetime

CHNN Minute-by-Minute Report

Geologist team and Sec. Foreign Affairs Michael Dewey, who were sent to Greater Goverwal, are reported missing. Searches are being conducted.

Chancellor Bakker landmark bill facing backlash from Egaltarian Party. "It's a travesty, this bill will hurt thousands"- House Majortity Leader Finn Randall.

I side with results

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 16, 2010
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Rupudska » Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:00 pm

Hashkin wrote:Can I be a war reporter, and is there a Korean war in this universe

There was the Manchurian War and the Chinese Civil War, and I'd really rather you pick a role from the Dramatis Personae. However, considering the incredibly low interest this has developed, you may I guess.
The Holy Roman Empire of Karlsland (MT/FanT & FT/FanT)
THE Strike Witches NationState | Retired King of P2TM
Best thread ever.
MT Factbook/FT Factbook|Embassy|Q&A
On Karlsland Witch Doctrine:
Hladgos wrote:Scantly clad women, more like tanks
seem to be blowing up everyones banks
with airstrikes from girls with wings to their knees
which show a bit more than just their panties

Questers wrote:
Rupudska wrote:So do you fight with AK-47s or something even more primitive? Since I doubt any economy could reasonably sustain itself that way.
Presumably they use advanced technology like STRIKE WITCHES

Cylarn
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 25, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Cylarn » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:44 am

Appliquation:

Name: "Sergeant Harlowe, or just Harlowe. Folks who know me well call me 'Tommy.'"
Rank: "Like I said, I'm a Sergeant. You'd be surprised that folks get surprised to hear that I'm a sarge, but you don't look surprised that folks would get surprised. You'd be even more surprised to know that my happy ass - until six weeks ago - was a Staff, until I got into a little 'fender-bender' during a patrol. Y'know, if I got a deadline and a track, then two or three water buffs ain't gonna stop me."
Appearance: Tommy.

Personality: "Do I seem like the 'soldierly' type? Is that even a type? What's a soldier supposed to be; some guy with a gravel voice who charges in head-first? That's what the hippies back home would say, but when it comes down to it, I'm a stark contrast to that bit I just mentioned. I'm an easy-going fella, a disposition you won't find too much in these parts. I expect my crew to know their shit and be able to do their job in the face of dangerous distractions. If you can fight (mostly) sober, then we're golden. Wanna smoke pot and drink smuggled beer when we've got some deet? Do it, but don't overindulge. I might be easy-going, but I'm not stupid."

"When it comes down to it, I care about my guys. Young folks don't need to be killing and destroying what's around us; we were pretty much raised to hate war and destruction. Pretty fucking ironic that we're fucking doing that shit now, when we were swearing against it as kids. So, when some brasshole comes down here to tell me that we can't drink, or smoke, or fuck, or have a good time whenever we're on the safe side of the wire, I give the affirm, but we all just keep it outta plain sight. You gotta be locked-on in the field, but after that, what's it worth to take a little break and let the piss out, right? I'm hard when I need to be; if you didn't pick up the knowledge to work in a fucking flame-track, then you're gonna be an issue until you learn - and you're gonna learn quicker when I'm sorting you out. Other than that, I like it when my guys talk to me, especially if we're cooking shit on the back-burner."

"I sound pretty 'anti-war,' right? Well I'm not 'anti-war;' I just dislike the shit outta this war. My pops was a fighter jock when the Neds came back in the thirties and forties. Gave his fucking life for 'Ole Lib, and I'd be honored to do the same. But what the fuck are we doing here? They say we're fighting the Reds, but all I see are a bunch of slant-eyed motherfuckers in black PJs. This ain't our fight; it's up to Indochina to fix its own fucking problems without needing any of our blood. When it comes to war and patriotism, I'll be first on the line - grumbling if I don't necessarily agree with it, but there nonetheless."
Likes: "What do I like? Let's see, a cold beer ain't bad after slogging it through a fucking monsoon. It's funny how much I can like and enjoy something as mundane-sounding as that. When you're a Marine, you learn to love the mundane. Normal food, too. I like pot, when I can convince myself that it's safe enough to get more than a little high. I like women, and for whatever reason, the darker the better. I'll sleep with about whomever, but them tan and dark mamas, I'll make an exception for any day of the week. Reading ain't too bad, either. Been reading some S.E. Hinton here recently."

"In a weird kinda way, I guess I like the wilderness out here. For all my admittedly casual racism against this place, it's breathtaking when death isn't looming behind every leaf and bush and tree."
Dislikes: "I'm not a hater like my own folks back home, but I'm prejudiced. I don't really care for black dudes; look, some brothers are cool and I know two or three that've saved my ass, but I don't owe the vast majority of blacks anything. Same goes for these Vietnamese assholes. When you brawl with guys of another race, you get a bad taste in your mouth every single time you're around them."
Skills: "What do you think? I'm the fucking commander of a goddamn Marine fire-track. It's a literal fucking dragon, in every sense of the word. It breathes goddamn fire; seeing a jet of burning napalm streaking through the greenery of the jungle, burning everything in its path and around it, has to be something indescribably terrifying to be on the receiving end of. Thank fuck that I'm not fighting this track. I know how to work this thing; I can drive it, spew flames and melt skin, direct the driver, keep the engine running, pump fuel into both the track AND the flame tanks, and ensure that the vehicle does not consume myself or my crew. It's not as easy as it sounds, but you get used to it."

"Being leadership at the team level, my dumb ass has to make conscious tactical decisions. For example, should I direct my track towards the enemy bunker and risk taking a mouthful of Cong rockets or dick-level Gaul mines, or do I hang back and lay down fire from my torch and my M60 with the ground-pounders backing me up? I was always cautioned against taking big chances, way back when I was learning my job. Yeah, we're fighting goddamn peasants, but those peasants dig into the land, and they can hit us without even being nearby. This ain't the Fifties, anyways. You gotta take in every available element quickly - and make a decision that always comes with consequences."

"I might work a track, but I know my way around a piece, too. I went in as a line grunt, back when we were toting around M14s and BARs. Gotta say though, I'm loving the 16. I can shoot that thing accurately standing, prone, or even from the turret of my track. Back in the early days of driving tracks in 'Nam, I forsook the 16 for an Uzi that I bought off the market. It takes some getting used to, but it's a dependable weapon for a Marine in my position. That being said, they've issued me a 605-Alpha; basically a 16 in carbine form. Cool shit, because it shoots the same cartridge as the 16. Enough about that, because I'm trained with about every infantry weapon currently in use."
Hobbies/Interests: "I'm into samba, which some of the guys in the unit find off-putting. I'll listen to Zep and the Stones and even Waylon and Willie any day of the week, but when you ask me what I wanna listen to, I'm gonna put on some Astrud Gilberto, Jobim, or de Moraes."
Ability: "I can make some 'Minute-Minestrone' in fifty-eight seconds."
Flaws: "Oh, here's where you start blackmailing me, right? Well, go ahead and get the notepad out and cancel your appointments."

"My body is aging, like reverse-progeria. I'm twenty-six, but I drink a lot and enough that I need an eye-opener and a night-cap - daily and nightly - so that I can function semi-good. Started drinking young, dude. I drink enough now that a sixer of Bud ain't gonna do a thing to me; gotta swing about a pint of Jack Daniels to get myself steady. Do folks know? Sure they do, but you gimme the name of the motherfucker that don't booze up after doing two tours in this shitbox."

"

Equipment: (List is preferred but not required)

Birthplace:
Ethnicity: (We're all Liberions here)
Political views:
Religious views:
Education: (If applicable)

Biography:
RP Sample:

Obvious WiP, Rup. I've gotta read more. Also, may my character have the listed ability?
Last edited by Cylarn on Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
If you are serving the US and its allies right now overseas, thank you for what you do.
Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award and the Best Crime RP Award for 2013 in P2TM. Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award of 2014 in P2TM.

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Rupudska » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:46 am

Cylarn wrote:
Appliquation:

Name: "Sergeant Harlowe, or just Harlowe. Folks who know me well call me 'Tommy.'"
Rank: "Like I said, I'm a Sergeant. You'd be surprised that folks get surprised to hear that I'm a sarge, but you don't look surprised that folks would get surprised. You'd be even more surprised to know that my happy ass - until six weeks ago - was a Staff, until I got into a little 'fender-bender' during a patrol. Y'know, if I got a deadline and a track, then two or three water buffs ain't gonna stop me."
Appearance: Tommy.

Personality: "Do I seem like the 'soldierly' type? Is that even a type? What's a soldier supposed to be; some guy with a gravel voice who charges in head-first? That's what the hippies back home would say, but when it comes down to it, I'm a stark contrast to that bit I just mentioned. I'm an easy-going fella, a disposition you won't find too much in these parts. I expect my crew to know their shit and be able to do their job in the face of dangerous distractions. If you can fight (mostly) sober, then we're golden. Wanna smoke pot and drink smuggled beer when we've got some deet? Do it, but don't overindulge. I might be easy-going, but I'm not stupid."

"When it comes down to it, I care about my guys. Young folks don't need to be killing and destroying what's around us; we were pretty much raised to hate war and destruction. Pretty fucking ironic that we're fucking doing that shit now, when we were swearing against it as kids. So, when some brasshole comes down here to tell me that we can't drink, or smoke, or fuck, or have a good time whenever we're on the safe side of the wire, I give the affirm, but we all just keep it outta plain sight. You gotta be locked-on in the field, but after that, what's it worth to take a little break and let the piss out, right? I'm hard when I need to be; if you didn't pick up the knowledge to work in a fucking flame-track, then you're gonna be an issue until you learn - and you're gonna learn quicker when I'm sorting you out. Other than that, I like it when my guys talk to me, especially if we're cooking shit on the back-burner."

"I sound pretty 'anti-war,' right? Well I'm not 'anti-war;' I just dislike the shit outta this war. My pops was a fighter jock when the Neds came back in the thirties and forties. Gave his fucking life for 'Ole Lib, and I'd be honored to do the same. But what the fuck are we doing here? They say we're fighting the Reds, but all I see are a bunch of slant-eyed motherfuckers in black PJs. This ain't our fight; it's up to Indochina to fix its own fucking problems without needing any of our blood. When it comes to war and patriotism, I'll be first on the line - grumbling if I don't necessarily agree with it, but there nonetheless."
Likes: "What do I like? Let's see, a cold beer ain't bad after slogging it through a fucking monsoon. It's funny how much I can like and enjoy something as mundane-sounding as that. When you're a Marine, you learn to love the mundane. Normal food, too. I like pot, when I can convince myself that it's safe enough to get more than a little high. I like women, and for whatever reason, the darker the better. I'll sleep with about whomever, but them tan and dark mamas, I'll make an exception for any day of the week. Reading ain't too bad, either. Been reading some S.E. Hinton here recently."
Dislikes:
Skills:
Hobbies/Interests: "I'm into samba, which some of the guys in the unit find off-putting. I'll listen to Zep and the Stones and even Waylon and Willie any day of the week, but when you ask me what I wanna listen to, I'm gonna put on some Astrud Gilberto, Jobim, or de Moraes."
Ability: "I can make some 'Minute-Minestrone' in fifty-eight seconds."
Flaws: "Oh, here's where you start blackmailing me, right? Well, go ahead and get the notepad out and cancel your appointments."

"My body is aging, like reverse-progeria. I'm twenty-six, but I drink a lot and enough that I need an eye-opener and a night-cap - daily and nightly - so that I can function semi-good. Started drinking young, dude. I drink enough now that a sixer of Bud ain't gonna do a thing to me; gotta swing about a pint of Jack Daniels to get myself steady. Do folks know? Sure they do, but you gimme the name of the motherfucker that don't booze up after doing two tours in this shitbox."

"

Birthplace:
Ethnicity: (We're all Liberions here)
Political views:
Religious views:
Education: (If applicable)

Biography:
RP Sample:

Obvious WiP, Rup. I've gotta read more. Also, may my character have the listed ability?

Everything looks good to me.
Best thread ever.

Questers wrote:
Rupudska wrote:So do you fight with AK-47s or something even more primitive? Since I doubt any economy could reasonably sustain itself that way.

Backatri
Envoy

Founded: Mar 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Backatri » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:59 pm

Rupudska wrote: And relax! The Vietnamese Lunar New Year is soon, and Hanoi has called a ceasefire for the duration until February 3rd. So you all still have a few days before the shit starts flying again. Just be sure to be sober by the fourth.

I just noticed this. I've read and watched to many stories set during the Vietnam War to not be worried. And because I'm worried, will we be stationed near Hue, perchance?
Last edited by Backatri on Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Card Carrying Member of the adhouse|Proud Member of the GIA

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Rupudska » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:10 pm

Backatri wrote:
Rupudska wrote: And relax! The Vietnamese Lunar New Year is soon, and Hanoi has called a ceasefire for the duration until February 3rd. So you all still have a few days before the shit starts flying again. Just be sure to be sober by the fourth.

I just noticed this. I've read and watched to many stories set during the Vietnam War to not be worried. And because I'm worried, will we be stationed near Hue, perchance?

Well I've got good news and bad news. Good news, Chu Lai is about a hundred miles from Hue. Bad news, IRL it gets slammed by rockets near the beginning of the Tet Offensive anyway. Worse news, I haven't decided if you'll be first deployed to Chu Lai or the recently attacked Khe Sanh, which will also be hit hard. Still worse news, ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).
Best thread ever.

Questers wrote:

Hashkin
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 16, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Hashkin » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:02 pm

WIP

Appliquation:

Name: Tom Foster
Appearance:

Personality: There's a lot to say about Tom Foster, but perhaps most important is that he's daring and dedicated. Of course he's also adaptable, sweet and good-natured, but far less strongly and often mixed with being abrasive as well.
His daring nature though, this is what he's most popular for. There are many times when friends count on this and his independence especially when they need comforting or support.

Nobody's perfect of course and Tom has plenty of less favorable characteristics too. His cynical nature and troublesome nature do cause plenty of friction and could ruin plenty of evenings. Fortunately his endurance, especially in the monsoon, helps make sure these days are few and far between.
Likes: A shot of brandy can be great in this shitty country. Tom also now loves his small apartment, even thought he hated it back in New York. Tom also likes his cameraman, Robby. And finally, Tom loves a good oriental chick here and there, something he developed back in Manchuria
Dislikes: The war, monsoon, Ho Chi Minh and the commie gang, the commies in Manchuria and China, Coporate ABC who's always telling him to get into more action,and the G.I.'s who tell him to fuck off, "for his own safety".
Skills:
Hobbies/Interests:
Ability: (NOTE: This only applies if your character is a Witch.)
Flaws:

Birthplace: St. Louis, Missouri
Ethnicity: Liberion
Political views: Market Libreal
Religious views: Roman Catholic
Education: Masters in Photo Journalism

Biography:
RP Sample:
Last edited by Hashkin on Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi wrote:Why would would India need an aircraft carrier? India is an aircraft carrier.
economic left/right 0.88
social libertarian/authoritarian -1.74
DEFCON:
1 - Nuclear War
2 - Major/World War
3 - Hashkinian Forces Deployed
4 - Tension Risen <--
5 - Peacetime

CHNN Minute-by-Minute Report

Geologist team and Sec. Foreign Affairs Michael Dewey, who were sent to Greater Goverwal, are reported missing. Searches are being conducted.

Chancellor Bakker landmark bill facing backlash from Egaltarian Party. "It's a travesty, this bill will hurt thousands"- House Majortity Leader Finn Randall.

I side with results

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Rupudska » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:07 pm

I won't pass judgement on that one way or the other without an RP sample.
Best thread ever.

Questers wrote:

Monfrox
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:03 pm

I'm gonna (try to) do a witch character.

Do we use ground-based witches at all?
Gama Best Horror/Thriller RP 2015 Sequel
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

The Grey Wolf wrote:Froxy knows how to use a whip, I speak from experience.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Rupudska » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:11 pm

Monfrox wrote:I'm gonna (try to) do a witch character.

Well the OP says it doesn't, but if you make a good enough app (you probably will) I'll allow it.
Best thread ever.

Questers wrote:

Monfrox
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:18 pm

Rupudska wrote:
Monfrox wrote:I'm gonna (try to) do a witch character.

Well the OP says it doesn't, but if you make a good enough app (you probably will) I'll allow it.

Alright this may save me a lot of time since I might be able to reuse an old character.
Gama Best Horror/Thriller RP 2015 Sequel
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

The Grey Wolf wrote:Froxy knows how to use a whip, I speak from experience.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Rupudska » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:26 am

Monfrox wrote:
Rupudska wrote:

Alright this may save me a lot of time since I might be able to reuse an old character.

Das ist fine. And I've been a bit busy but I should be able to finish my app today.
Best thread ever.

Questers wrote:

The Knockout Gun Gals
Senator

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Knockout Gun Gals » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:23 am

I will finish my app tomorrow.
The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:
TriStates wrote:Covenant declare a crusade, and wage jihad against the UNSC and Insurrectionists for 30 years.

So Covenant declare a crusade and then wage jihad? :p

Shark isle
Senator

Founded: Nov 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Shark isle » Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:02 pm

Can i make a sniper who is so into his job that he actuallly gets pleasure from blowing the heads of both Charlie's and North Vietnamese soldiers?
Last edited by Shark isle on Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Rupudska » Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:31 pm

Shark isle wrote:Can i make a sniper who is so into his job that he actuallly gets pleasure from blowing the heads of both Charlie's and North Vietnamese soldiers?

You may.
Best thread ever.

Questers wrote:

Ormata
Senator

Founded: Jun 30, 2016
Iron Fist Socialists

Postby Ormata » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:25 pm

Tagged.

Honest question, though, do the Striker Units have to be worn over the legs?

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Rupudska » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:27 pm

Ormata wrote:Tagged.

Yes.

Well, technically no - there are ridden ones and backpack-only versions, but neither are used much by the military.
Best thread ever.

Questers wrote:

Ormata
Senator

Iron Fist Socialists

Postby Ormata » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:29 pm

Rupudska wrote:
Ormata wrote:Tagged.

Yes.

Well, technically no - there are ridden ones and backpack-only versions, but neither are used much by the military.

Respectfully request either of the two.

Pls.

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Rupudska » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:30 pm

Ormata wrote:
Rupudska wrote:
Yes.

Respectfully request either of the two.

Pls.

No.

:3

Well, not unless you want to not be part of the attached squadron.
Best thread ever.

Questers wrote:

Ormata
Senator

Iron Fist Socialists

Postby Ormata » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:32 pm

Rupudska wrote:No.

:3

Well, not unless you want to not be part of the attached squadron.

I want to be a part of the attached squadron.

Napalm, coming right up.

Iffria
Envoy

Founded: Aug 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Iffria » Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:29 pm

Appliquation:

Name: Kaniela Richardson
Appearance:
Personality: Seems cold, but is very caring of his friends and family
Dislikes: the war
Skills: Lived in Hawaii(or whatever it's called in this universe), spent most of his adolescent and teenage years hunting and camping. Vietnam is a tropical area which resembled Hawaii, and thus he is very stealthy, with mastery of rifles and knifes.
Hobbies/Interests: Likes to hunt and camping; also took boxing lessons.
Flaws: Likes to be alone, and will try to accomplish his goals by himself.

AK47(or equivalent)
M1911A1(or equivalent)
USMC Combat Knife
Standard Equipment
Birthplace: Waimea, Hawaii Island
Ethnicity: Hawaiian (We're all Liberions here)
Political views: Doesn't like the war. He's already here, though, complaining don't matter.
Religious views: Protestant
Education: High-School Diploma

Biography: Born in Hawaii, Kaniela was the son of a ranch tycoon and a plantation worker. He spent his free time hunting, camping and boxing. When the time came for him to join the military, he was against the war and did not want to enlist. He finally relented when his father said he would be taken out of his will. He joined the Marines, and somehow wound up here.
RP Sample:

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Rupudska » Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:49 pm

Iffria wrote:Appliquation:

Name: Kaniela Richardson
Appearance:
(Image)
Personality: Seems cold, but is very caring of his friends and family
Dislikes: the war
Skills: Lived in Hawaii(or whatever it's called in this universe), spent most of his adolescent and teenage years hunting and camping. Vietnam is a tropical area which resembled Hawaii, and thus he is very stealthy, with mastery of rifles and knifes.
Hobbies/Interests: Likes to hunt and camping; also took boxing lessons.
Flaws: Likes to be alone, and will try to accomplish his goals by himself.

AK47(or equivalent)
M1911A1(or equivalent)
USMC Combat Knife
Standard Equipment
Birthplace: Waimea, Hawaii Island
Ethnicity: Hawaiian (We're all Liberions here)
Political views: Doesn't like the war. He's already here, though, complaining don't matter.
Religious views: Protestant
Education: High-School Diploma

Biography: Born in Hawaii, Kaniela was the son of a ranch tycoon and a plantation worker. He spent his free time hunting, camping and boxing. When the time came for him to join the military, he was against the war and did not want to enlist. He finally relented when his father said he would be taken out of his will. He joined the Marines, and somehow wound up here.
RP Sample:

Hahahahahaha. No. Not without an RP sample and even then not a chance in Hell with a bio that short.
Best thread ever.

Questers wrote:

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Rupudska » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:25 pm

I feel that, due to the interest this has (not) been getting, I should change this to one squad instead of a full company. Thoughts?
Best thread ever.

Questers wrote:

Ormata
Senator

Iron Fist Socialists

Postby Ormata » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:55 pm

Appliquation:
    - Tea, English Breakfast
    - Meat of any sort
    - Fish
    - The occasional smoke
Dislikes:
    - Rations of any sort
    - Alcohol
    - Hippies
Hobbies/Interests:
    - Reading
    - Chess
    - Cats
    - Hunting / Hiking (Not getting a lot of that)
    - Fishing

Name: Phoebe Williams
Appearance:
    Standing at 5’3”, Phoebe is remarkably small for someone in the Strike Witches. Her physique is of a long-distance runner, musculature somewhat hidden though not entirely so. With skin that’s just a little naturally tan one might guess her heritage, and Phoebe’s hair, a midnight black, is kept in a ponytail when on-duty. Whenever not, one might find her with her hair down. Her eyes are the color of fresh-cut grass.
Personality:
    Aggressive in combat, passive while not, Phoebe takes-on two faces. She finds it reasonable to hunt-down every Viet Cong to have ever existed and napalm them until they’re burnt to a crisp, to bomb the jungles until very, very little of anything is left, and finds it more then welcome for the enemy to come willingly. It just removes the issue of having to find them, she would say. A dedicated ground-attacker, Phoebe holds those she supports, the Marines on the ground, to be the primary mission. Saving them is the important thing and why she is there, after all, and the best way to do that is the removal of all issues they would currently face. This isn’t to state that she dislikes or is incapable of dogfighting; she just prefers the ground. While not in combat she’s far more quiet, keeping to herself if anything else.
Skills:
    Phoebe’s skilled in taking-down those on the ground from a good enough distance, with CAS being a speciality of hers, and is fully capable of hitting enemy aircraft with her 20mm Cannon. Her skills in defensive measures, while not substandard, are nothing to boast about.
Ability:
    Get Fucked: Phoebe’s skill is that of the category of “Telekinesis”. She can move her aircraft at remarkably faster speeds than the norm, allowing her to jump into combat with the greatest of finesse along with running-away with just as much grace. Well, perhaps grace isn’t the correct word. Nevertheless, she’s outrun at least one MiG-21 and gotten to the rescue of more than one platoon in the jungle with this trick. At least measurement she’s hit 720 knots. Unfortunately, while this Ability is activated she cannot reasonably turn her vehicle due to fear of the wings ripping off or throwing her from it, and also suffers from extreme fatigue while at this speed. Furthermore, she must accelerate towards the speed regardless, normally at a rate of 50 knots per second per second.
Flaws:
    Phoebe, in combat, suffers from a measure in close-quarters combat. She’s taken the lessons, true, and gone-through the training, but that sort of thing never precisely stuck. In addition to this she prefers to stay in the back and take her well-placed shots. Remarkably passive while not in combat.
Equipment:
    - North American Rockwell OV-10 Bronco Riding Striker Unit, USMC Aviation Grey
      - 1x 20mm Cannon
      - 4x LAU-10 Rocket Pod
      - 10x Hardpoints

Phoebe’s Riding Striker Unit is somewhat unique in it’s configuration; hosting two wings, with their respective engines, on a motorcycle-like fuselage, it’s markedly larger than most other Riding Striker Units. Measuring 12 feet in length with a 10 foot wingspan, the design retains the distinctive twin booms extending from the twin engines. A windshield of the sort one would find on motorcycles is also installed on the aircraft. Along the side is a most interesting bit of art. Supposedly she did it herself. Seven Vietnamese flags, small at just 2 inches by 1.5 inches, are listed in two columns alongside the colorful bit of art.
    - 9mm Colt Commander
Birthplace: Anchorage, Alaska
Ethnicity: White - Alaskan Native
Political Views:
    Overall disliking to talk on politics, Phoebe is a strong supporter of minority rights due to seeing the impact of the conservation system for natives in Alaska. With less parties moving towards that, she supports Republicans as they would be the closest party to move for civil rights. Fully against segregation within the ranks of the military or civilian world. Progressive in terms of her economic feelings due to government aid helping people get-by back in Anchorage.
Religious Views:
    Phoebe doesn’t really talk on that. In truth it’s due to the fact that she doesn’t quite have a religion and doesn’t want the friction there due to it.
Education:
    - Northwood Elementary School, Anchorage, Alaska, 1955-1958
    - Didris Preparatory School, Sacramento, California, 1958-1962
    - Joint Witch Training Center, Salem, Massachusetts, 1962-1966
Biography:
    Born in Anchorage, Alaska, Phoebe’s initial life was one of unrelenting boredom in most places. She would fish with her father, true, and that was always a fun experience, though after about the twelfth time she went only for his stories. He had such wonderful stories, stories of places that were not Anchorage, stories of his days in Manchuria and Gallia, of when he visited Fuso for the first time. The man had been a traveler in his younger years, a man who planted no roots anywhere and collected memories for a living; that is to say, he planted no roots until he came to Alaska, where he fell in love, both with the landscape and with his wife. In a way, Phoebe came to love the place as well, though she did so perhaps out of necessity. The pictures given to her, in her mind from her father, they were always faded from memory and not as real as the snow and tundra.

They’d go-out, sometimes, in an old little plan to the inland parts of Alaska, to hunt there for a little bit and sell the meat when they got back. She’d prove, under her father’s tutorage, to be a good enough shot. It was all about timing, after all, and though Phoebe found it hard to stay still at times, after the first kill she knew what the reward was for staying still and really would to the best of her efforts. Sometimes a little dance would slip-through. It wasn’t her fault. Honest.

At home she’d go to school in a class of ten kids. It was a small school. Most of the work Phoebe found to be just a bit more difficult, mathematics turning into Egyptian hieroglyphs in her mind and English a slog to get to, to put the words all in their rightful place and to please the teacher in just the right way. Science somewhat came to her, though never fully. She wouldn’t get through much, though, only three years as her powers manifested at age eight. It was a quiet manifestation as they go. She’d play in the water, ice-cold as it was in Alaska, and the water would never touch her. She’d take a walk in the snow without her jacket and not get cold. She was found with dog-ears, once, even. Her parents, rightfully so, suspected that something other than puberty was up and took her to the doctor to get everything checked-out. There they were told the reasoning, the dangers that would be posed if she wasn’t to go to a training facility for Witches, things of that sort. They took her home that night, silent.

That next day, a Wednesday, Phoebe wouldn’t go to school. Her father took her out fishing, like normally on the weekends, and spent the day with his little girl. He told her stories of a starry sky, of his days in Britannia and Egypt, of treading through the desert. Her father didn’t cry, though. One last day, he told himself, one last day with his little girl. They went home and her and her mother knitted a scarf. The following day, she left for a different school, one all the way down in California.

True, she made friends there, but when she went home her parents were not there. Phoebe spent her days studying, for there was no plane to fly-away to hunt and no waters she wished to fish. She spent her days studying and reading, calling her parents whenever she was able to, and learning how to control what she had. Some of the other students preferred the “Legs” given to them, aerial little prop-driven things. She never did take to those, preferring the riding models. It wasn’t something one could place easily, but she rode the damn thing everywhere. Most students like to leave their work and practice at school, yet Phoebe found it to be enthralling. Her practice gave a small edge towards it all.

The course curriculum ended four years later, Phoebe graduating fifth in her class of thirty, and she was proud of it all. A recruiter at the school convinced her that more could be made of what she had done, that simply ending then and there would be a waste of time, that there was so much more potential towards what she could do. She could help people, save lives. She took the lines at face-value, enlisting and going to Salem for training there. It was much the same, though far, far more regimented. Years later, she would be deployed to Vietnam in 1966. Phoebe has been there since.
RP Sample: Here
Last edited by Ormata on Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Rupudska » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:01 pm

Ormata wrote:
Appliquation:
(Image)
    - Tea, English Breakfast
    - Meat of any sort
    - Fish
    - The occasional smoke
Dislikes:
    - Rations of any sort
    - Alcohol
    - Hippies
Hobbies/Interests:
    - Reading
    - Chess
    - Cats
    - Hunting / Hiking (Not getting a lot of that)
    - Fishing

Name: Phoebe Williams
Appearance:
    Standing at 5’3”, Phoebe is remarkably small for someone in the Strike Witches. Her physique is of a long-distance runner, musculature somewhat hidden though not entirely so. With skin that’s just a little naturally tan one might guess her heritage, and Phoebe’s hair, a midnight black, is kept in a ponytail when on-duty. Whenever not, one might find her with her hair down. Her eyes are the color of fresh-cut grass.
Personality:
    Aggressive in combat, passive while not, Phoebe takes-on two faces. She finds it reasonable to hunt-down every Viet Cong to have ever existed and napalm them until they’re burnt to a crisp, to bomb the jungles until very, very little of anything is left, and finds it more then welcome for the enemy to come willingly. It just removes the issue of having to find them, she would say. A dedicated ground-attacker, Phoebe holds those she supports, the Marines on the ground, to be the primary mission. Saving them is the important thing and why she is there, after all, and the best way to do that is the removal of all issues they would currently face. This isn’t to state that she dislikes or is incapable of dogfighting; she just prefers the ground. While not in combat she’s far more quiet, keeping to herself if anything else.
Skills:
    Phoebe’s skilled in taking-down those on the ground from a good enough distance, with CAS being a speciality of hers, and is fully capable of hitting enemy aircraft with her 20mm Cannon. Her skills in defensive measures, while not substandard, are nothing to boast about.
Ability:
    Get Fucked: Phoebe’s skill is that of the category of “Telekinesis”. She can move her aircraft at remarkably faster speeds than the norm, allowing her to jump into combat with the greatest of finesse along with running-away with just as much grace. Well, perhaps grace isn’t the correct word. Nevertheless, she’s outrun at least one MiG-21 and gotten to the rescue of more than one platoon in the jungle with this trick. At least measurement she’s hit 720 knots. Unfortunately, while this Ability is activated she cannot reasonably turn her vehicle due to fear of the wings ripping off or throwing her from it, and also suffers from extreme fatigue while at this speed. Furthermore, she must accelerate towards the speed regardless, normally at a rate of 50 knots per second per second.
Flaws:
    Phoebe, in combat, suffers from a measure in close-quarters combat. She’s taken the lessons, true, and gone-through the training, but that sort of thing never precisely stuck. In addition to this she prefers to stay in the back and take her well-placed shots. Remarkably passive while not in combat.
Equipment:
    - North American Rockwell OV-10 Bronco Riding Striker Unit, USMC Aviation Grey
      - 1x 20mm Cannon
      - 4x LAU-10 Rocket Pod
      - 10x Hardpoints

Phoebe’s Riding Striker Unit is somewhat unique in it’s configuration; hosting two wings, with their respective engines, on a motorcycle-like fuselage, it’s markedly larger than most other Riding Striker Units. Measuring 12 feet in length with a 10 foot wingspan, the design retains the distinctive twin booms extending from the twin engines. A windshield of the sort one would find on motorcycles is also installed on the aircraft. Along the side is a most interesting bit of art. Supposedly she did it herself. Seven Vietnamese flags, small at just 2 inches by 1.5 inches, are listed in two columns alongside the colorful bit of art.
    - 9mm Colt Commander
Birthplace: Anchorage, Alaska
Ethnicity: White - Alaskan Native
Political Views:
    Overall disliking to talk on politics, Phoebe is a strong supporter of minority rights due to seeing the impact of the conservation system for natives in Alaska. With less parties moving towards that, she supports Republicans as they would be the closest party to move for civil rights. Fully against segregation within the ranks of the military or civilian world. Progressive in terms of her economic feelings due to government aid helping people get-by back in Anchorage.
Religious Views:
    Phoebe doesn’t really talk on that. In truth it’s due to the fact that she doesn’t quite have a religion and doesn’t want the friction there due to it.
Education:
    - Northwood Elementary School, Anchorage, Alaska, 1955-1958
    - Didris Preparatory School, Sacramento, California, 1958-1962
    - Joint Witch Training Center, Salem, Massachusetts, 1962-1966
Biography:
    Born in Anchorage, Alaska, Phoebe’s initial life was one of unrelenting boredom in most places. She would fish with her father, true, and that was always a fun experience, though after about the twelfth time she went only for his stories. He had such wonderful stories, stories of places that were not Anchorage, stories of his days in Manchuria and Gallia, of when he visited Fuso for the first time. The man had been a traveler in his younger years, a man who planted no roots anywhere and collected memories for a living; that is to say, he planted no roots until he came to Alaska, where he fell in love, both with the landscape and with his wife. In a way, Phoebe came to love the place as well, though she did so perhaps out of necessity. The pictures given to her, in her mind from her father, they were always faded from memory and not as real as the snow and tundra.

They’d go-out, sometimes, in an old little plan to the inland parts of Alaska, to hunt there for a little bit and sell the meat when they got back. She’d prove, under her father’s tutorage, to be a good enough shot. It was all about timing, after all, and though Phoebe found it hard to stay still at times, after the first kill she knew what the reward was for staying still and really would to the best of her efforts. Sometimes a little dance would slip-through. It wasn’t her fault. Honest.

At home she’d go to school in a class of ten kids. It was a small school. Most of the work Phoebe found to be just a bit more difficult, mathematics turning into Egyptian hieroglyphs in her mind and English a slog to get to, to put the words all in their rightful place and to please the teacher in just the right way. Science somewhat came to her, though never fully. She wouldn’t get through much, though, only three years as her powers manifested at age eight. It was a quiet manifestation as they go. She’d play in the water, ice-cold as it was in Alaska, and the water would never touch her. She’d take a walk in the snow without her jacket and not get cold. She was found with dog-ears, once, even. Her parents, rightfully so, suspected that something other than puberty was up and took her to the doctor to get everything checked-out. There they were told the reasoning, the dangers that would be posed if she wasn’t to go to a training facility for Witches, things of that sort. They took her home that night, silent.

That next day, a Wednesday, Phoebe wouldn’t go to school. Her father took her out fishing, like normally on the weekends, and spent the day with his little girl. He told her stories of a starry sky, of his days in Britannia and Egypt, of treading through the desert. Her father didn’t cry, though. One last day, he told himself, one last day with his little girl. They went home and her and her mother knitted a scarf. The following day, she left for a different school, one all the way down in California.

True, she made friends there, but when she went home her parents were not there. Phoebe spent her days studying, for there was no plane to fly-away to hunt and no waters she wished to fish. She spent her days studying and reading, calling her parents whenever she was able to, and learning how to control what she had. Some of the other students preferred the “Legs” given to them, aerial little prop-driven things. She never did take to those, preferring the riding models. It wasn’t something one could place easily, but she rode the damn thing everywhere. Most students like to leave their work and practice at school, yet Phoebe found it to be enthralling. Her practice gave a small edge towards it all.

The course curriculum ended four years later, Phoebe graduating fifth in her class of thirty, and she was proud of it all. A recruiter at the school convinced her that more could be made of what she had done, that simply ending then and there would be a waste of time, that there was so much more potential towards what she could do. She could help people, save lives. She took the lines at face-value, enlisting and going to Salem for training there. It was much the same, though far, far more regimented. Years later, she would be deployed to Vietnam in 1966. Phoebe has been there since.
RP Sample: Here

Your character is a little bitch for not using legs. But accepted. :3
Best thread ever.

Questers wrote:

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse