NATION

PASSWORD

The scorched Earth [OCC|NATIONS RP][CN SPONSORED]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:53 am

Labstoska wrote:
Tundra Terra wrote:Hmm... how far down in tech? 6/7?

I'd say 7 is a good tech level.

Labstotska, do you have a country that you’re rping as?
NS Parliament: Aditya Sriraam - Unity and Consolidation Party
Latin American Political RP
RightValues
Icelandic Civic Nationalist and proud
I’m your average Íslandic NS player
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!
A 12 civilization, according to this index.
Scary Right Wing Capitalist who thinks the current state of the world (before the pandemic) is the best it had been

Labstoska
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 22, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Labstoska » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:54 am

Aureumterra wrote:
Labstoska wrote:I'd say 7 is a good tech level.

Labstotska, do you have a country that you’re rping as?

No i'll be doing events for the various countries and determining the outcomes of battles.

Newne Carriebean7
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 08, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Newne Carriebean7 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:15 pm

Darksworth wrote:And...posted! I've started the IC with a lil' bit' of a "boom" if you know what I mean ;D

hmm, well I'll have to see how my Presidential election goes, and see if furniture can run a country.
Krugeristan wrote:This is Carrie you're referring to. I'm not going to expect him to do something sane anytime soon. He can take something as simple as a sandwich, and make me never look at sandwiches with a straight face ever again.

Former Carriebeanian president Carol Dartenby sentenced to 4 years hard labor for corruption and mismanagement of state property|Former Carriebeanian president Antrés Depuís sentenced to 3 years in prison for embezzling funds and corruption

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:08 pm

Newne Carriebean7 wrote:
Darksworth wrote:And...posted! I've started the IC with a lil' bit' of a "boom" if you know what I mean ;D

hmm, well I’ll have to see how my Presidential election goes, and see if furniture can run a country.

Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered 8)
RightValues
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!
Scary Right Wing Capitalist who thinks the current state of the world (before the pandemic) is the best it had been

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:28 pm

Newne Carriebean7 wrote:

hmm, well I’ll have to see how my Presidential election goes, and see if furniture can run a country.

You gonna post or what?
RightValues
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!

Greater South
Envoy

Founded: Sep 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater South » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:36 pm

Player Name: Greater South
Your Country: Joseo-Nippon Empire
Land Claimed: Japan, Sakhalin, Manchuria, Micronesia, Korea.

Flag:

Government Form: Shogunate/Dual monarchy
Leader/s: Takemoto Toshimichi and Chung Ho-Sung
Ideology: Militarism, feudalism, theocracy, fascism.
Official Language/s: Japanese, Korean

Population: 30 million
Military Size: 2 million
Description of Military: Basically as it was in the early 19th century. Just samurai, running around with medieval weaponry and hacking heads off, knowing to kill themselves if they do something against their creed. You'd also expect ballistas, tanegashima muskets and cannons, and occasionally see the odd AK-47, but the Samurai of the Neo-Japanese Empire ditch that in favour of a custom martial art similar to Pankration, using swords and spears,
Main Industries: Weaponry, silk, green vegetables
Economic Health 1-10: 1. Japan is literally so isolated, it has fallen back into medieval times.

Technological Advancement 1-10: 2.

Brief History of How Your Country was Formed: In this alternate timeline, Japan seemingly never modernizes under Meiji, and the shogun stays in power, sawing off the treaty to open borders in 1875. Noone comes in, and noone goes out

The shoguns would brutally massacre any one deemed to be a threat to their rule. Millions of innocent Japanese are killed. Kyoto remains as capital. Religious freedom is curtailed. Christians, Buddhists etc. are all deported or killed.

The shoguns would assume complete control of the country from the Emperor. The Emperor is executed.The office of the ‘Imperial Shogun’ is introduced. He assumes as ruler of Japan. As the years pass, there is no Sino-Japanese conflict or Nanking massacre.

World Wars I and II ravage the world throughout the 20th century. Japan remains neutral. The atomic bomb is never used on Japan, and instead is dropped on Germany. By this time, the Japanese economy is in tatters. Malnourishment, droughts, and starvation become the order of the day. Famines ravage the country. The shogunate is too proud to ask for help.

During the Cold War, Japan desperately opens up and asks the Soviet Union for help. The Soviets send in food supplies and the famine is alleviated to an extent. Railways and road systems are built. Huge apartment blocks pop up in the cities. The shogunate reserves car ownership for themselves. The peasants are allowed to use the buses and the tramways.

Using Soviet help, ‘The Great Mausoleum of The Shogunate’ is built in Kyoto. Every person is required by law to visit the monument at least once a year to pay their respects to the past shoguns.

Japan is introduced to the concept of propaganda from North Korea. Loudspeakers and radio systems blaring Japanese imperialist propaganda are installed in every home and street in Tokyo, Kyoto, Hiroshima, Nagasaki, Osaka and Yokohama. The US is Japan’s number one enemy. Anti-US propaganda hit the streets. North Korea and Japan ally themselves as the Kyoto-Pyongyang Axis. the Shogunate later agrees to unify with North Korea, and unite to ultimately crush South Korea and expand diplomatically into Sakhalin. This created the Joseo-Nippon Empire as we know it

Defectors from Japan escape via the Sea of Japan over to Russia. Many will not make it. However, some do reach the shores of Russia and the world slowly comes to know Joseo-Nippon’s sorry state. The Great Hanshin earthquake , or Kobe earthquake, hits the Empire in 1965. The city of Kobe is destroyed. The shogun focuses more on repairing the capital city Kyoto because it is the showpiece of the regime.

Now, after the Soviets thought that the old empire could handle itself, it, as well as the world, cut itself off from the Empire. Beaches are heavily controlled, and anyone trying to escape will get musket shot or an arrow through their head.

Noone comes in, and noone goes out.

Your Country's Goals and Ambitions: Modernize the shogunate back to the way it was and then conquer East Asia
Geopolitical Standing: Minor power due to backward technology.
Now set in an alternate world where GS didn't go to war with Junkyard America for a second time because we lost a war against Mekishima and now in the canon lore we're Mekishiman clay, so treat us how you may.

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:59 pm

Newne Carriebean7 wrote:
(Image)
Franzi Empire
Sétif

King Francis I stared out the window from his private study hall in the Imperial Palace. It seemed like such a sunny and cheerful day for him to be ruling. With a reluctant sigh, he turned around and noticed an aide with a letter firmly in his hand.
"Your Majesty, this came today from the Neo-Roman Empire."
"Read it,no, summarize it, I'm a busy damn emperor."
"Yes your Majesty. The Neo Roman Emperor demands a concession of most of the territories in our nation, a large portion of the armed forces, and to sign three treaties with the roman empire, one that reduces the armed forces and demilitatizes them in our left over territory, giving them a tenth of all natural resources harvested from the Algerian and Moroccan regions, and any military activity planned by the Franzi Empire will be reported to the Neo-Roman Empire."
King Francis I's fists clenched as he heard every word from the aid's mouth. Inhaling deeply with a stern and infuriated look on his face, he turned around and asked for a copy.
"I'll go make a copy of this if you want, wait for a second."
In that brief blimp of inaction, the emperor pulled out his phone and looked for the number for President Des Senges, with a click on the drunken president hobo's face on his iFranzi smartphone, he heard his drunken voice.
"Whatisheesht?"
"It's me, King Francis I. I'll be sending you over a document from these Neo Roman bastards so that you can burn it yourself."
"Why not blow it up? I have a stick of dynamite."
"Good, even better, prepare that stick for it's spiteful ending of the document. I'll meet with you once I'm done taking care of it my way, then we can plan something out."
"You got it bass, oh, and will you vouch for meh re-election campaign, the only debate will be tonight."
"Sure."
With a click on the bearded face, Francis I grabbed the copy that was fresh from the printers, folding it into a paper airplane and flying it out the window to the next door Presidential Palace when a scream was heard, the President painfully pulling the paper airplane out from his eye.
"Ow!"
"Sorry, those things are pointy!"
"Fuck you,damn bastard, let's see here... military equipment, three fucking treaties,three fucking treaties?! I cant count that high, 1..2.. fuck I forgot the rest, I blame alcohol, the solution to and cause of all of our problems."
"So, do you want to go down to Congress to see which of the three they will permit you to sign?"
"Hell no, they can do that while I'm at the presidential debate, now wish me luck."
With a yank of his coat, President Clochard Des Senges left the room as the door slammed shut behind him.

When he was left alone for the first time in several boiling rage filled minutes, he tore the paper in two, then four then a million individual pieces as he grabbed some lighter fluid, removing the other important work related documents and setting the desk ablaze before dancing around in a satanic circle worshiping Winnie the pooh, Antichrist boondoggle.

To:Leader of the Neo-Roman Empire that we spent one minute on google looking up how to spell and will still not spell it right: Marco,Mario, Mariko,whatever the fuck his name is.
I got your ultimatum, and I must say am impressed at the contents of it. Now, being a democratic nation and the fact that the emperor wont get off his sorry ass to do jack shit right now (he's currently crying in the shower eating ice cream at three in the morning) , here I am typing out this response to your letter and going over each point and my government's response:

Point I: The succession of large parts of the Franzi Empire to the Nemo- *insert dead former nation here* Empire will not be tolerated one bit nor will be acquiesced to in the slightest.

Point II: The movement of large portions of the Franzi army and navy to the Neo-Roman's Imperial forces shall not be allowed and will be mobilized immediately in perpetration for a defensive conflict that involves the grand Russian crusade against gummy bear jalapeno bank robbers against the revolutionary sunflower emirate of jazzistan.

Point III: Treaty 1 of 3- Treaty of Algeirs will never be signed and the document shall be printed out as toilet paper for the nation's citizens, in fact, your entire ultimatum shall assist our economy in the toilet paper market, we'll simply print the entire thingy you sent us onto toilet paper in a design pattern and ship it out to all the stores in Franzi so that each citizen can wipe their ass with your disgusting abhorrent insult of an ultimatum.

Treaty 2 of 3: IT'S MY MONEY AND I WANT IT NOW, SO NO.

Treaty 3 of 3: but then how will we secretly invade the middle east for all that sweet, sweet kebab meat? it's a solid hell no from the choir which we have on Oprah's back.
We wish you the best of luck as diplomatic street rats and the worst of luck as potato sucking tissue box carcasses that wallow beyond the grave in Floridian Disneyland.

Moderator: “Oh herrro, and welcome to the only Presidential Debate of the Franzi Empire, to be followed up by immediate elections. It is to be telivized and streamed on your local Franzi-TV account at dubya dubya dubya bush did 7-11 please no sue underslash taco Tuesday is a scam forward slash BACON dot com in all caps. We have one person here, which is President Clochard Des Senges, and one table, who is being spoken on behalf of the Table Representative, but we’ll just refer to it as table to make sure you think that the person writing this is on drugs! Now, first question is for both candidates, and it involves the expansion of the armed forces potentially with a one-year plan to increase troop conscription and a local arms industry. Des Senges shall go first.”

Clochard Des Senges:“Well thank you, Moderator bastard-"

Moderator: "I have a name, jackass.”

Clochard Des Senges: "Oh to hell with you, Now then, if we do expand the armed forces, that will involve the conscription of more men into the armed forces, perhaps giving incentives for people to serve up in the army as before. What I propose is two years free tuition if you serve in the army full time between the ages of 16 and 18, for them to then go into college with two free years, all paid for by this government’s failing economy!”

Table:“What I am proposing instead, is the hiring of private mercenaries from all over the world for our economy to take less of a hit, with these forces instead of conscripts, we can have them be going to school and contributing to the economic growth of this wonderfully shitty nation that we call Franzi.”

Moderator: “Good, good words spoken by both, now the Second question will be this: What will happen to those Italian citizens that currently live in Franzi? Will they be forced to go home, be forced to attend a nickleback concert or worse? I’ll start with the Table.”

Table: "Thank you Moderato whatever the fuck your name is. Why would we need to have them leave this wonderful nation when we can take a page from the old nazi’s book, and perhaps commit a few war crimes here and there. What I plan is a system of prostitution rings along the boarder for them to lure unsuspecting Italian men in and kill them, they may pay for a service but will never get it, just killy killy. So damn good!”

Clochard Des Senges:“Wait, you say you want to have prostitutes lure unsuspecting Italians to their deaths? That is the dumbest plan I’ve ever heard of, now what I am proposing is the creation of a large meatball to be fired from a catapult at Rome, when they eat the meat, they will eat too much and explode from hunger, oh and we may hire death squads, suspend their Italian rights by using the foreign nationals as a danger clause in the Constitution I only now just read, did you know I get three hundred days off from work, to hell with this, I’m going on vacation with hookers and blow!”

With that, Clochard Des Senges stepped off of stage, giving the bird and taking an axe to the table, who blushed at the gift of it’s certain demise and item that could be used to murder it.

2017 FRANZI ELECTION RESULTS*:
President Clochard Des Senges (PRNF)-2,306,175 (85.6%)
Table (Independent)-387,205 (14.4%)
*results may or may not be rigged, consult your nearest Independent Electoral Commission for verification on election (May take two to three business days, do not take the IEC when starting a new government, overthrowing an old government or replacin a new government with an old government, as that has shown in national tests to increase the likelihood of a coup in countries 50 years or younger.)

You never mentioned the Aryan message, but whatever :eyebrow:
RightValues
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:04 pm

Newne Carriebean7 wrote:
(Image)
Franzi Empire
Sétif

King Francis I stared out the window from his private study hall in the Imperial Palace. It seemed like such a sunny and cheerful day for him to be ruling. With a reluctant sigh, he turned around and noticed an aide with a letter firmly in his hand.
"Your Majesty, this came today from the Neo-Roman Empire."
"Read it,no, summarize it, I'm a busy damn emperor."
"Yes your Majesty. The Neo Roman Emperor demands a concession of most of the territories in our nation, a large portion of the armed forces, and to sign three treaties with the roman empire, one that reduces the armed forces and demilitatizes them in our left over territory, giving them a tenth of all natural resources harvested from the Algerian and Moroccan regions, and any military activity planned by the Franzi Empire will be reported to the Neo-Roman Empire."
King Francis I's fists clenched as he heard every word from the aid's mouth. Inhaling deeply with a stern and infuriated look on his face, he turned around and asked for a copy.
"I'll go make a copy of this if you want, wait for a second."
In that brief blimp of inaction, the emperor pulled out his phone and looked for the number for President Des Senges, with a click on the drunken president hobo's face on his iFranzi smartphone, he heard his drunken voice.
"Whatisheesht?"
"It's me, King Francis I. I'll be sending you over a document from these Neo Roman bastards so that you can burn it yourself."
"Why not blow it up? I have a stick of dynamite."
"Good, even better, prepare that stick for it's spiteful ending of the document. I'll meet with you once I'm done taking care of it my way, then we can plan something out."
"You got it bass, oh, and will you vouch for meh re-election campaign, the only debate will be tonight."
"Sure."
With a click on the bearded face, Francis I grabbed the copy that was fresh from the printers, folding it into a paper airplane and flying it out the window to the next door Presidential Palace when a scream was heard, the President painfully pulling the paper airplane out from his eye.
"Ow!"
"Sorry, those things are pointy!"
"Fuck you,damn bastard, let's see here... military equipment, three fucking treaties,three fucking treaties?! I cant count that high, 1..2.. fuck I forgot the rest, I blame alcohol, the solution to and cause of all of our problems."
"So, do you want to go down to Congress to see which of the three they will permit you to sign?"
"Hell no, they can do that while I'm at the presidential debate, now wish me luck."
With a yank of his coat, President Clochard Des Senges left the room as the door slammed shut behind him.

When he was left alone for the first time in several boiling rage filled minutes, he tore the paper in two, then four then a million individual pieces as he grabbed some lighter fluid, removing the other important work related documents and setting the desk ablaze before dancing around in a satanic circle worshiping Winnie the pooh, Antichrist boondoggle.

To:Leader of the Neo-Roman Empire that we spent one minute on google looking up how to spell and will still not spell it right: Marco,Mario, Mariko,whatever the fuck his name is.
I got your ultimatum, and I must say am impressed at the contents of it. Now, being a democratic nation and the fact that the emperor wont get off his sorry ass to do jack shit right now (he's currently crying in the shower eating ice cream at three in the morning) , here I am typing out this response to your letter and going over each point and my government's response:

Point I: The succession of large parts of the Franzi Empire to the Nemo- *insert dead former nation here* Empire will not be tolerated one bit nor will be acquiesced to in the slightest.

Point II: The movement of large portions of the Franzi army and navy to the Neo-Roman's Imperial forces shall not be allowed and will be mobilized immediately in perpetration for a defensive conflict that involves the grand Russian crusade against gummy bear jalapeno bank robbers against the revolutionary sunflower emirate of jazzistan.

Point III: Treaty 1 of 3- Treaty of Algeirs will never be signed and the document shall be printed out as toilet paper for the nation's citizens, in fact, your entire ultimatum shall assist our economy in the toilet paper market, we'll simply print the entire thingy you sent us onto toilet paper in a design pattern and ship it out to all the stores in Franzi so that each citizen can wipe their ass with your disgusting abhorrent insult of an ultimatum.

Treaty 2 of 3: IT'S MY MONEY AND I WANT IT NOW, SO NO.

Treaty 3 of 3: but then how will we secretly invade the middle east for all that sweet, sweet kebab meat? it's a solid hell no from the choir which we have on Oprah's back.
We wish you the best of luck as diplomatic street rats and the worst of luck as potato sucking tissue box carcasses that wallow beyond the grave in Floridian Disneyland.

Moderator: “Oh herrro, and welcome to the only Presidential Debate of the Franzi Empire, to be followed up by immediate elections. It is to be telivized and streamed on your local Franzi-TV account at dubya dubya dubya bush did 7-11 please no sue underslash taco Tuesday is a scam forward slash BACON dot com in all caps. We have one person here, which is President Clochard Des Senges, and one table, who is being spoken on behalf of the Table Representative, but we’ll just refer to it as table to make sure you think that the person writing this is on drugs! Now, first question is for both candidates, and it involves the expansion of the armed forces potentially with a one-year plan to increase troop conscription and a local arms industry. Des Senges shall go first.”

Clochard Des Senges:“Well thank you, Moderator bastard-"

Moderator: "I have a name, jackass.”

Clochard Des Senges: "Oh to hell with you, Now then, if we do expand the armed forces, that will involve the conscription of more men into the armed forces, perhaps giving incentives for people to serve up in the army as before. What I propose is two years free tuition if you serve in the army full time between the ages of 16 and 18, for them to then go into college with two free years, all paid for by this government’s failing economy!”

Table:“What I am proposing instead, is the hiring of private mercenaries from all over the world for our economy to take less of a hit, with these forces instead of conscripts, we can have them be going to school and contributing to the economic growth of this wonderfully shitty nation that we call Franzi.”

Moderator: “Good, good words spoken by both, now the Second question will be this: What will happen to those Italian citizens that currently live in Franzi? Will they be forced to go home, be forced to attend a nickleback concert or worse? I’ll start with the Table.”

Table: "Thank you Moderato whatever the fuck your name is. Why would we need to have them leave this wonderful nation when we can take a page from the old nazi’s book, and perhaps commit a few war crimes here and there. What I plan is a system of prostitution rings along the boarder for them to lure unsuspecting Italian men in and kill them, they may pay for a service but will never get it, just killy killy. So damn good!”

Clochard Des Senges:“Wait, you say you want to have prostitutes lure unsuspecting Italians to their deaths? That is the dumbest plan I’ve ever heard of, now what I am proposing is the creation of a large meatball to be fired from a catapult at Rome, when they eat the meat, they will eat too much and explode from hunger, oh and we may hire death squads, suspend their Italian rights by using the foreign nationals as a danger clause in the Constitution I only now just read, did you know I get three hundred days off from work, to hell with this, I’m going on vacation with hookers and blow!”

With that, Clochard Des Senges stepped off of stage, giving the bird and taking an axe to the table, who blushed at the gift of it’s certain demise and item that could be used to murder it.

2017 FRANZI ELECTION RESULTS*:
President Clochard Des Senges (PRNF)-2,306,175 (85.6%)
Table (Independent)-387,205 (14.4%)
*results may or may not be rigged, consult your nearest Independent Electoral Commission for verification on election (May take two to three business days, do not take the IEC when starting a new government, overthrowing an old government or replacin a new government with an old government, as that has shown in national tests to increase the likelihood of a coup in countries 50 years or younger.)

Also, cut down on the language a bit, the mods won’t like it.
RightValues
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!

Labstoska
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Labstoska » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:28 am

Greater South wrote:Player Name: Greater South
Your Country: Joseo-Nippon Empire
Land Claimed: Japan, Sakhalin, Manchuria, Micronesia, Korea.

Flag:
Government Form: Shogunate/Dual monarchy
Leader/s: Takemoto Toshimichi and Chung Ho-Sung
Ideology: Militarism, feudalism, theocracy, fascism.
Official Language/s: Japanese, Korean

Population: 30 million
Military Size: 2 million
Description of Military: Basically as it was in the early 19th century. Just samurai, running around with medieval weaponry and hacking heads off, knowing to kill themselves if they do something against their creed. You'd also expect ballistas, tanegashima muskets and cannons, and occasionally see the odd AK-47, but the Samurai of the Neo-Japanese Empire ditch that in favour of a custom martial art similar to Pankration, using swords and spears,
Main Industries: Weaponry, silk, green vegetables
Economic Health 1-10: 1. Japan is literally so isolated, it has fallen back into medieval times.

Technological Advancement 1-10: 2.

Brief History of How Your Country was Formed: In this alternate timeline, Japan seemingly never modernizes under Meiji, and the shogun stays in power, sawing off the treaty to open borders in 1875. Noone comes in, and noone goes out

The shoguns would brutally massacre any one deemed to be a threat to their rule. Millions of innocent Japanese are killed. Kyoto remains as capital. Religious freedom is curtailed. Christians, Buddhists etc. are all deported or killed.

The shoguns would assume complete control of the country from the Emperor. The Emperor is executed.The office of the ‘Imperial Shogun’ is introduced. He assumes as ruler of Japan. As the years pass, there is no Sino-Japanese conflict or Nanking massacre.

World Wars I and II ravage the world throughout the 20th century. Japan remains neutral. The atomic bomb is never used on Japan, and instead is dropped on Germany. By this time, the Japanese economy is in tatters. Malnourishment, droughts, and starvation become the order of the day. Famines ravage the country. The shogunate is too proud to ask for help.

During the Cold War, Japan desperately opens up and asks the Soviet Union for help. The Soviets send in food supplies and the famine is alleviated to an extent. Railways and road systems are built. Huge apartment blocks pop up in the cities. The shogunate reserves car ownership for themselves. The peasants are allowed to use the buses and the tramways.

Using Soviet help, ‘The Great Mausoleum of The Shogunate’ is built in Kyoto. Every person is required by law to visit the monument at least once a year to pay their respects to the past shoguns.

Japan is introduced to the concept of propaganda from North Korea. Loudspeakers and radio systems blaring Japanese imperialist propaganda are installed in every home and street in Tokyo, Kyoto, Hiroshima, Nagasaki, Osaka and Yokohama. The US is Japan’s number one enemy. Anti-US propaganda hit the streets. North Korea and Japan ally themselves as the Kyoto-Pyongyang Axis. the Shogunate later agrees to unify with North Korea, and unite to ultimately crush South Korea and expand diplomatically into Sakhalin. This created the Joseo-Nippon Empire as we know it

Defectors from Japan escape via the Sea of Japan over to Russia. Many will not make it. However, some do reach the shores of Russia and the world slowly comes to know Joseo-Nippon’s sorry state. The Great Hanshin earthquake , or Kobe earthquake, hits the Empire in 1965. The city of Kobe is destroyed. The shogun focuses more on repairing the capital city Kyoto because it is the showpiece of the regime.

Now, after the Soviets thought that the old empire could handle itself, it, as well as the world, cut itself off from the Empire. Beaches are heavily controlled, and anyone trying to escape will get musket shot or an arrow through their head.

Noone comes in, and noone goes out.

Your Country's Goals and Ambitions: Modernize the shogunate back to the way it was and then conquer East Asia
Geopolitical Standing: Minor power due to backward technology.

Accepted.

Tundra Terra
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 23, 2014
Corporate Police State

Postby Tundra Terra » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:21 pm

Tundra Terra wrote:Player Name: Tundra Terra
Your Country: Iron Wolf Coalition
Land Claimed: Lithuania, Poland, Estonia, Latvia, Norway, Sweden, Finland, and Russian Territories (Murmansk, Karelia, St. Petersburg.)

Flag:
Government Form: Stratocracy (formerly Confederation)
Leader/s: Vinius Klaus
Ideology: Fascism
Official Language/s: Lithuanian, Polish, English, Finnish, Swedish, Norwegian, and Russsian.

Population: 90,000,000
Military Size: 400,000 (current)
Description of Military: Simply put a truly Multi-cultural and multi-ethnic force of Europeans with wills of steel. The Coalition's military brings all of its experience from the worlds most devastating wars, all of its cultural values, and various environments to shape their soldiers. While they prefer armored warfare and artillery over sea and air battles they nonetheless are veterans. Mandatory conscription, militarized high schools, and the previous language programs allow their armed forces to quickly mobilize in case of threats. This versatile force is capable of engaging any threat, but lacks any truly specialized force aside from tanks.

The Coalition Military is often considered to be aggressive in its goals with streamlined government support. Despite the increasing amount of manpower to rely on the Coalition prefers to throw shells and metal rather than men. Also considering that most ethnic groups under them had been occupied one another at some point in time their military police and occupation forces are considered some of the best in the world.
Main Industries: Trade, Manufacturing, Steel, and Oil.
Economic Health 1-10: 8

Technological Advancement 1-10: 7
Brief History of How Your Country was Formed:
After the explosion many countries flew into a panic. Some worked together to find solutions, others exploited their last deals, and then there were those who fought old grudges. Since the wall hadn't fallen over yet, Lithuania was alone in the beginning to rebel against the crumbling Soviet Union. As if from a bad joke Finland was also invaded yet again and the two countries united to fight the dying beast. One by one other occupied areas rebelled and directly joined this new alliance in a bid for independence, but it became clear that it wasn't going to last. Taking the offensive, Lithuania invaded its former allies and took over the leadership for emergency control. When Finland and Lithuania made gains into Russia a peace treaty was made and the declaration of the creation of the Iron Wolf Coalition was made which both countries willingly convalesced. Soon afterward citing both Scandinavian unity and emergency crisis rhetoric the Countries Norway and Sweden joined as well to be fully annexed. The resources these countries brought stabilized the various fragile economies and modernized many technologies to further strengthen themselves. With coal and oil the incoming winter became more survivable, with the industrialized farms and reformed fishing laws food became plentiful, and the restructuring of the government has allowed competent personell to manage the new nation.

Your Country's Goals and Ambitions: To own the Baltic Sea, fight all enemies, and be the bulwark against Russia.
Geopolitical Standing: Super/ Regional

lowered it to 7 and waiting to join
Current Status: Tundra is rocking with the Krieg...
We are a PMT Military and no We don't use NS stats.Why?
because..."WAR IS ETERNAL!!!"
"If bloodlust vikings, dorve tanks to school, had PMT-FT tech with Chaos -like fanaticism, this would be it."
-------------------------The Posthuman Coalition

─╤══̵̵͇̿̿̿̿╦︻ Put this in your sig if you are a war profiteer ︻╦̵̵͇̿̿̿̿══╤─

Labstoska
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Labstoska » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:25 pm

Tundra Terra wrote:
Tundra Terra wrote:Player Name: Tundra Terra
Your Country: Iron Wolf Coalition
Land Claimed: Lithuania, Poland, Estonia, Latvia, Norway, Sweden, Finland, and Russian Territories (Murmansk, Karelia, St. Petersburg.)

Flag:
Government Form: Stratocracy (formerly Confederation)
Leader/s: Vinius Klaus
Ideology: Fascism
Official Language/s: Lithuanian, Polish, English, Finnish, Swedish, Norwegian, and Russsian.

Population: 90,000,000
Military Size: 400,000 (current)
Description of Military: Simply put a truly Multi-cultural and multi-ethnic force of Europeans with wills of steel. The Coalition's military brings all of its experience from the worlds most devastating wars, all of its cultural values, and various environments to shape their soldiers. While they prefer armored warfare and artillery over sea and air battles they nonetheless are veterans. Mandatory conscription, militarized high schools, and the previous language programs allow their armed forces to quickly mobilize in case of threats. This versatile force is capable of engaging any threat, but lacks any truly specialized force aside from tanks.

The Coalition Military is often considered to be aggressive in its goals with streamlined government support. Despite the increasing amount of manpower to rely on the Coalition prefers to throw shells and metal rather than men. Also considering that most ethnic groups under them had been occupied one another at some point in time their military police and occupation forces are considered some of the best in the world.
Main Industries: Trade, Manufacturing, Steel, and Oil.
Economic Health 1-10: 8

Technological Advancement 1-10: 7
Brief History of How Your Country was Formed:
After the explosion many countries flew into a panic. Some worked together to find solutions, others exploited their last deals, and then there were those who fought old grudges. Since the wall hadn't fallen over yet, Lithuania was alone in the beginning to rebel against the crumbling Soviet Union. As if from a bad joke Finland was also invaded yet again and the two countries united to fight the dying beast. One by one other occupied areas rebelled and directly joined this new alliance in a bid for independence, but it became clear that it wasn't going to last. Taking the offensive, Lithuania invaded its former allies and took over the leadership for emergency control. When Finland and Lithuania made gains into Russia a peace treaty was made and the declaration of the creation of the Iron Wolf Coalition was made which both countries willingly convalesced. Soon afterward citing both Scandinavian unity and emergency crisis rhetoric the Countries Norway and Sweden joined as well to be fully annexed. The resources these countries brought stabilized the various fragile economies and modernized many technologies to further strengthen themselves. With coal and oil the incoming winter became more survivable, with the industrialized farms and reformed fishing laws food became plentiful, and the restructuring of the government has allowed competent personell to manage the new nation.

Your Country's Goals and Ambitions: To own the Baltic Sea, fight all enemies, and be the bulwark against Russia.
Geopolitical Standing: Super/ Regional

lowered it to 7 and waiting to join

Excellent you are accepted.

Atrilan
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 11, 2016
New York Times Democracy

Postby Atrilan » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:51 pm

Good to see this is still pumping.
Last edited by Atrilan 13.7 billion years ago, edited 73 times in total.
National Information
Leader - Antrinoxa Program
Capital - Avlose
Population - 73,892,891
Currency - Credit (₡)
Roleplay Information
2024: The Long Peace - People's Republic of China

THE TECHNOCRATIC STATE OF ATRILAN
COBALT NETWORK FOUNDER
Est. 2089
Post Modern

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:42 pm

Gyreneica are you gonna post?
RightValues
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!

Tundra Terra
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 23, 2014
Corporate Police State

Postby Tundra Terra » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:43 pm

Atrilan wrote:Good to see this is still pumping.

Of course...THE OIL MUST FLOW!!!
Current Status: Tundra is rocking with the Krieg...
We are a PMT Military and no We don't use NS stats.Why?
because..."WAR IS ETERNAL!!!"
"If bloodlust vikings, dorve tanks to school, had PMT-FT tech with Chaos -like fanaticism, this would be it."
-------------------------The Posthuman Coalition

─╤══̵̵͇̿̿̿̿╦︻ Put this in your sig if you are a war profiteer ︻╦̵̵͇̿̿̿̿══╤─

Gyrenaica
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 21, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby Gyrenaica » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:46 pm

Aureumterra wrote:Gyreneica are you gonna post?

Oh yes.

Gyrenaica
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 21, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby Gyrenaica » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:10 pm

Disclaimer: this does not reflect my irl views, so don't get all pissy.

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:16 pm

You never mentioned the Neo-Roman Empire’s news report, but ok…
Last edited by Aureumterra on Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RightValues
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:43 pm

Darksworth, are you doing your 2nd post?
RightValues
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!

Darksworth
Envoy

Founded: Nov 10, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Darksworth » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:45 pm

Aureumterra wrote:Darksworth, are you doing your 2nd post?

Yep, no worries mate, just trying to actually refurbish stuff here and there
The Commonwealth of Darksworth is a pseudo-steampunk space-faring civilization. With their technology having been acquired by invading a far greater civilization. Due to this peculiar situation, their tech is a mix between pre-industrialized and late-space age.
Technology Level: Tier 4-5: PT/MT
Arcane Level: Level 0-Inept
Influence Type: Type 6-Planetary Politician
Based on this Index
---
Tier: Tier 5
Type: Type IV
Government Size: Superpower
Based on this Index

*Consult me for NS stats via TG*
Working as a Concept Artist, drawing mainly monsters, creatures and maps. Currently living somewhere in Southeast Asia or Oceania, take a guess.
---
In terms of my political stance, I'm Far/Alt-Right. That's legit, I could be categorized as a Technocratic Fascist.

Khanastan
Ambassador

Founded: May 15, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Khanastan » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:17 pm

So I have an app ready to post, but I have some questions.

How many years after the eruption are we set in?
Are big nations being handicapped in some way? We're in the throes of an apocalypse and there are nations comprising most of the Indian ocean already. That seems a little unbalanced.
Are there any limits to playing in the ruins of the USA?
“The ancient Oracle said that I was the wisest of all the Greeks. It is because I alone, of all the Greeks, know that I know nothing.” - Socrates
Khanastan is an entirely fictional PMT nation somewhat similar to a larger, more free version of China. We are a massive federal representative republic of half a billion people with a self-sufficient, world-dominating economy. NS stats are not used. Use our Factbook instead.
Call me Khan. I've been here a while. I'm from Glasgow, Scotland. I think people should treat people like they want to be treated themselves. If you want to know more you're going have to buy me a drink or get to know me better, otherwise i'll stop being such a mystery.
Merry crisis one and all.

Labstoska
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Labstoska » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:31 pm

Khanastan wrote:So I have an app ready to post, but I have some questions.

How many years after the eruption are we set in?
Are big nations being handicapped in some way? We're in the throes of an apocalypse and there are nations comprising most of the Indian ocean already. That seems a little unbalanced.
Are there any limits to playing in the ruins of the USA?

It is 37 years after the eruption.
Yes big nations are handicapped by having small populations and by being relatively unstable.
The U.S has mostly been destroyed so any nation existing their would be quite primitive however they would be quick to modernise when coming across technology and would know the post apocalyptic landscape.

Khanastan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Khanastan » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:05 pm

Player Name: Khanastan
Your Country: Chiefs of the Great American Steppe
Land Claimed: We roam the grasslands of the the Midwest and the Great Plains, as far east as the Ohio River, as far south as the Mexican border, as far west as the Rockies and as far north as the flat lands Manitoba, Saskatchewan and Alberta, though our adventuring warbands range even farther.

Flag: No real flag to talk about, although a 'great blue star' is an important symbol for our people.
Government Form: Highly decentralised nomadic tribes.
Leader/s: Dozens of chiefs lead a tribal council (though a High Chief will emerge in form of William (Bill) Turner.
Ideology: Nomadism, rule-by-strength, strong family values
Official Language/s: English, although through the years it has been twisted somewhat into local dialects.

Population: Around half of the population of the US, so 250,000 or so.
Military Size: No official number, but almost everyone is expected to be able to ride and shoot expertly. Only young children and those too old or frail to ride are not expected to fight when the need arises.
Description of Military: Consists entirely of mounted warriors. Our horsemanship is second-to-none, but equipment is lacking. Some people are lucky enough to use pre-eruption military equipment, but most use home-made cowboy-esque firearms, usually revolvers, lever-action rifles and dangerously unstable explosives. Some, particularly young and unproven warriors use low tech lances, bows and other low-tech equipment.
Main Industries: Primarily herding and some (mostly subsistence) agriculture, alongside a great deal of basket-weavings and rudimentary crafts. Adventuring bands spread out across the ruins of the USA, acting as caravans for friendly tribes, raiding unfriendly tribes and salvaging old technology.
Economic Health 1-10: (10 is steady growth, 8 is very well-cushioned mild contraction, 5 is satisfactorily-handled degrowth where everything chugs along, 2 is recession-type conditions, and 0 is economic problems extending into basic necessities logistics issues or worse.) 1 - they do better than most tribal nations scraping a living in the ruins of America.

Technological Advancement 1-10: (0 being tribal,4 being WW1 levels of tech,7 would be cold war levels,9 is the equivalent of modern day tech and 10 is if Elon Musk ran everything.) 0.5, I suppose. Tribal with salvaged elements.
Brief History of How Your Country was Formed:(the POD is in 1980) Of all the places in the United States, it's large cities were hit the hardest. Those that weren't turned into ghost-shells under the pyroclastic flow or buried under ash staved to death or died in the resulting chaos as they attempted to flee their ruined homes as the supply chain broke down. Those who lives in the country were still hit hard, but were able to bounce back faster - some due to their knowledge of living off the land, some due to their ability to move around more quickly, and most due to sheer luck of the draw.

With oil now all but extinct in the ruins of America, and knowledge of petrol production an all but forgotten art, and the last sources of fuel locked up in refineries and gas pumps, buried under ash in the ruins of cities, modern life has come to a halt. The horse has risen once more to become the prime symbol of power - and if there is something the people of the Great Expanse know, it's horses. You are born in the saddle and you die in the saddle. Without your horse, you cannot hope to maintain your herd. Without your herd, you are nothing. We lead our herds wherever we can find grazeland and water, then move on when we need to.

Today, we are a divided people, split amongst many different tribes. Our customs are different, out dialects are different and our views on war and peace are different, but we all share the same ideal - we are in full gallop, and you will not stop us.
Your Country's Goals and Ambitions: Our only goal is to survive, to turn this burned wasteland into a place we might call home forever. Some of the more ambitious chiefs dream of a world where all people bow before our lances - including the other chiefs.
Geopolitical Standing: (would you call yourself a superpower, regional power, minor power, small nation, etc?) Only the most learned people know of any sort of world outside of North America. Together, we may hold the continent to our will, but North America is a ruin. Still, we'd rather be the chiefs of an empire of ash than than a peasant in a land of milk and mutton.

TL;DR, we're post-apocalyptic cowboys ramped up to 11, mixed with steppe nomads.
Last edited by Khanastan on Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“The ancient Oracle said that I was the wisest of all the Greeks. It is because I alone, of all the Greeks, know that I know nothing.” - Socrates
Khanastan is an entirely fictional PMT nation somewhat similar to a larger, more free version of China. We are a massive federal representative republic of half a billion people with a self-sufficient, world-dominating economy. NS stats are not used. Use our Factbook instead.
Call me Khan. I've been here a while. I'm from Glasgow, Scotland. I think people should treat people like they want to be treated themselves. If you want to know more you're going have to buy me a drink or get to know me better, otherwise i'll stop being such a mystery.

Labstoska
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Labstoska » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:09 pm

Khanastan wrote:Player Name: Khanastan
Your Country: Chiefs of the Great American Steppe
Land Claimed: We roam the grasslands of the the Midwest and the Great Plains, as far east as the Ohio River, as far south as the Mexican border, as far west as the Rockies and as far north as the flat lands Manitoba, Saskatchewan and Alberta, though our adventuring warbands range even farther.

Flag: No real flag to talk about, although a 'great blue star' is an important symbol for our people.
Government Form: Highly decentralised nomadic tribes.
Leader/s: Dozens of chiefs lead a tribal council (though a High Chief will emerge in form of William (Bill) Turner.
Ideology: Nomadism, rule-by-strength, strong family values
Official Language/s: English, although through the years it has been twisted somewhat into local dialects.

Population: Around half of the population of the US, so 100,000 or so.
Military Size: No officially number, but almost everyone is expected to be able to ride and shoot expertly. Only young children and those too old or frail to ride are not expected to fight when the need arises.
Description of Military: Consists entirely of mounted warriors. Our horsemanship is second-to-none, but equipment is lacking. Some people are lucky enough to use pre-eruption military equipment, but most use home-made cowboy-esque firearms, usually revolvers, lever-action rifles and dangerously unstable explosives. Some, particularly young and unproven warriors use low tech lances, bows and other low-tech equipment.
Main Industries: Primarily herding and some (mostly subsistence) agriculture, alongside a great deal of basket-weavings and rudimentary crafts. Adventuring bands spread out across the ruins of the USA, acting as caravans for friendly tribes, raiding unfriendly tribes and salvaging old technology.
Economic Health 1-10: (10 is steady growth, 8 is very well-cushioned mild contraction, 5 is satisfactorily-handled degrowth where everything chugs along, 2 is recession-type conditions, and 0 is economic problems extending into basic necessities logistics issues or worse.) 1 - they do better than most tribal nations scraping a living in the ruins of America.

Technological Advancement 1-10: (0 being tribal,4 being WW1 levels of tech,7 would be cold war levels,9 is the equivalent of modern day tech and 10 is if Elon Musk ran everything.) 0.5, I suppose. Tribal with salvaged elements.
Brief History of How Your Country was Formed:(the POD is in 1980) Of all the places in the United States, it's large cities were hit the hardest. Those that weren't turned into ghost-shells under the pyroclastic flow or buried under ash staved to death or died in the resulting chaos as they attempted to flee their ruined homes as the supply chain broke down. Those who lives in the country were still hit hard, but were able to bounce back faster - some due to their knowledge of living off the land, some due to their ability to move around more quickly, and most due to sheer luck of the draw.

With oil now all but extinct in the ruins of America, and knowledge of petrol production an all but forgotten art, and the last sources of fuel locked up in refineries and gas pumps, buried under ash in the ruins of cities, modern life has come to a halt. The horse has risen once more to become the prime symbol of power - and if there is something the people of the Great Expanse know, it's horses. You are born in the saddle and you die in the saddle. Without your horse, you cannot hope to maintain your herd. Without your herd, you are nothing. We lead our herds wherever we can find grazeland and water, then move on when we need to.

Today, we are a divided people, split amongst many different tribes. Our customs are different, out dialects are different and our views on war and peace are different, but we all share the same ideal - we are in full gallop, and you will not stop us.
Your Country's Goals and Ambitions: Our only goal is to survive, to turn this burned wasteland into a place we might call home forever. Some of the more ambitious chiefs dream of a world where all people bow before our lances - including the other chiefs.
Geopolitical Standing: (would you call yourself a superpower, regional power, minor power, small nation, etc?) Only the most learned people know of any sort of world outside of North America. Together, we may hold the continent to our will, but North America is a ruin. Still, we'd rather be the chiefs of an empire of ash than than a peasant in a land of milk and mutton.

TL;DR, we're post-apocalyptic cowboys ramped up to 11, mixed with steppe nomads.

accepted. Hopefully you will be able to stop the foreigners from recolonising your lands.

Khanastan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Khanastan » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:14 pm

Labstoska wrote:accepted. Hopefully you will be able to stop the foreigners from recolonising your lands.

That's the aim of the game, if anyone is stupid enough to try.

One thing I would like to ask is if it is ok to raise the population of the former US a bit. I get that is was the epicentre of this eruption, but 200,000 people means a survival rate of quite a bit less then 0.1%, which seems excessive. I'd suggest pushing it up to around a million by this point, which most spread out across the ruined cities in sort of primitive minor survivor-nations, if this is possible. I'd lower my total share of the population to a quarter, too.

Plus it would make this empty a bit less empty so I could RP with the locals.

Labstoska
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Labstoska » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:15 pm

Khanastan wrote:
Labstoska wrote:accepted. Hopefully you will be able to stop the foreigners from recolonising your lands.

That's the aim of the game, if anyone is stupid enough to try.

One thing I would like to ask is if it is ok to raise the population of the former US a bit. I get that is was the epicentre of this eruption, but 200,000 people means a survival rate of quite a bit less then 0.1%, which seems excessive. I'd suggest pushing it up to around a million by this point, which most spread out across the ruined cities in sort of primitive minor survivor-nations, if this is possible. I'd lower my total share of the population to a quarter, too.

Plus it would make this empty a bit less empty so I could RP with the locals.

Yeah i'd be completely fine with that.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse