NATION

PASSWORD

A Earth of Empires [IC/OPEN]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
The Protacan-Anzotac Peoples
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

A Earth of Empires [IC/OPEN]

Postby The Protacan-Anzotac Peoples » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:26 pm

A Earth of Empires
OOC | IC(You are here)

Hello and welcome to A Earth of Empires here you will be able to create a faction, kingdom, clan, group, character, etc and create a worldbuilding experience. Strive for power, expand your land, or simply rule in harmony, the choice is yours, anything could happen here from a successful revolution to the fall of a mighty dominion. All of this awaits you in A Earth of Empires

Premise (Lore/History)

Around 630 A.V (After Varian) The Arvanian Empire ruled the known lands as we know it, and is the very dynasty that begins the madness somewhat in time, Namair Arvanian the first bloodline ruler was nothing but a power hungry boy that bought and raised soldiers to spread his dominion across the land inwhich they did but Namair I did not live to see it. It wouldn't be until his grandson, Vahar I, in 698 A.V completes the task of conquering the known lands, however, this was a struggle due to the vast amount of land and struggle to hold onto power. Vahar appointed prominent nobles to rule sections of the land but most either grew to be corrupt or broke away. In 700 A.V Vahar started the first war, naming it 'The First Great War' in which lasted two years before Vahar I in 702 A.V finally retook the known lands. The empire was in a terrible shape, destructed areas were not properly funded to be fixed so most dwellings and other households were unfinished, statues and other decorations were not finished, poverty was common due to not enough occupation positions and most were forced to serve as non-payed soldiers. Vahar tried his best to establish order but it sadly did not work as after one problem was fixed another would spring up in its place. Vahar was killed by rouges disguised as merchants and Damien Nahar was put on the throne but only ruled to 706 A.V after resigning due to the difficultly of maintaining a "Povert, destroyed union". In 710 A.V the end of this fading empire was near once elven clans united and defeated Councilor Jaman Daran (The monarch regent from 708 A.V-710 A.V) at the 'Last Gate' in the Moravan Province.

After the end of the Aravanian Empire, the clansman elves decided to establish a triarchy (ruling council) to rule a big margin of the known lands, the other lands would be divided equally and given to its former rulers before the Aravanians. The Elven Republic proved decisive and successful in its first year of 710 A.A (Now as After Arvania) and named it the Age of New. Ravashir Malarin was the elder triarch and formerly a key leader in the First Great War. Cities, towns, and rural, populated areas were decorated and vast buildings were constructed, making The Elven Republic the most beautiful nation at this time. Around this time, the first chariots and primitive war riding objects were made by the Elven Republic and proved decisive when putting down uprisings they occured. After a decade of ruling, Ravashir died of a stroke while telling stories of his campaigns during the First Great War and at the wrong time, a huge uprising started in the west, man itself was rebelling against the elves, The Elves had only a few hundred royal guardsmen since 98% of the elven treasury was spent on agriculture. The Second Great War started and battles raged in the west, Darykk Voyar, was appointed the high triarch and tasked with heading the campaign against the rebellers which was an awful idea due to his lack of military intelligence. The Elves skirmished the rebellious scum but it was no use and were defeated near the Great Hall during the Siege of Walmar.

Man has once against risen, Arren Visiar claimed the crown and renamed the republic, The Second Kingdom of Man, Arren continued the elven prosperities by inheriting them making The Second Kingdom of Man a highly recommended tour area. The economy gained strength and money flowed through well, the population increased and around 735 AE (After Elves) 690,000 humans roamed the lands. Kingdoms, groups, clans, factions, etc opened themselves up for trade and tour. Harmony and peace flowed throughout the land as humans, foreign elves, dwarves, goblins, giants, all alike got along. A near Utopia.
Last edited by The Protacan-Anzotac Peoples on Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hallimas Islands
Secretary

Founded: Dec 01, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Hallimas Islands » Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:34 am

Merithian Docks, 736 AE

Athenosi stood proudly as he stood from a balcony overlooking the docks. He wasn't really proud of the trade, he was truly proud of the people there. No more Elves, condescendingly making deals with our merchants... No more Republic... No more sacrifices. He bowed his head and contemplated that for a quick second. He looked back up and stared into the bustling masses. People looked up to their new Grand Duca, they loved him, as a Councillor, he was the only man standing up to the Elf-Friends. He was the only man who wore Mannish clothes. The only man who supported Arren Visiar's rebellion in Merithia. The smiled towards their benevolent Grand Duca and entrusted him with power.

Athenosi waved and cheered to the dockworkers below. Smiling cheerfully to those whom greeted him before him. However, Athenosi had some business to do. He went inside from the balcony and sat down in a table, before a Councillor. This man was Councillor Harlan Melligrar, the man who pushed for Athenosi to become Grand Duca after the Mannish Rebellion was completed. Harlan smirked at Athenosi, placing his hands on the table, he said, "My Grand Duca, it is an honour for you to be under my roof. The view is well, no?"

Athenosi replied, "Yes, Harlan, it is a very good view, indeed! Now... Uhm, why did you call me here?"

Harlan answered, "Well, my Grand Duca, I pray you understand my position in the Council... It took me a lot of strings to pull in order to get you where you are now. Support me in my efforts.... All my efforts, for my work towards you. This is why you are here, Athenosi, to support me."

Athenosi laughed, "Me? Nay, sir, I will support you when you have good ideas. I will not blindly follow you-"

Harlan interrupted, "Who was it that brought you to where you are now? Who was it that made you powerful! Who placed you on the top of the house of cards? Me... Now, young child... I expect there to be no hesitation now."

Athenosi nodded. The world of politics seemed a little darker now. He would support Harlan in all of his bills, but he would learn. And when he learns, Harlan will have no quarrel with him. Athenosi walked out of Harlan's apartment, greeted by people who adore him. This is who I represent, he thought, these are the people I support. Storming back into Harlans house, he shouted, "I will not aid you! I am Grand Duca Athenosi Perligrimia and I shall not aid your frivolous pursuits! Harlan, I pray you will soon understand who you are talking to. I may not fully understand this position of which you granted me - which I am grateful for - nor, do I fully understand this house of cards in which I stand upon... But never take me for a weak man who shall do as you say."

Harlan was astonished. He chose the wrong man to be placed in office. He simply stared blankly at the Grand Duca, plotting his downfall as he watched. Athenosi walked out of his house once more, glad that none outside heard him. He greeted the people of Merithia and ensured their voice was heard. The Benevolent Grand Duca walked down the street as a crowd followed him. Councillors from their high balconies looked in disgust and terror. Perhaps they underestimated the use of the people in politics.
From Island to Island, Fiat et Iustitia Supremus

Rampaging Turtleducks
Bureaucrat

Founded: Dec 02, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Rampaging Turtleducks » Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:41 pm

Merithian Docks, 736 AE

Sidriel Valmihr woke to passionate shouting. Oh great elves, Sidriel sighed internally. I must have fallen asleep while I was reading. Again. Sidriel couldn't really help it. All the religious texts she was required to read were just so boring. Sidriel wasn't interested in the Great Battle or The Vanquishing of Darykk Voyar. Actually, she kind of liked Darykk Voyar the Horrible. His title didn't seem very befitting of the failure that was his military career.

Another yell shook the Valmihr house. "But never take me for a weak man who shall do as you-"

Who was that? Sidriel felt bad for whoever it was. Her father was a powerful, scheming, vile man. He was a Councillor who worked for the Second Kingdom of Man. According to her mother, the Valmihr family had a lot of enemies because of things Harlan Valmihr, her father, had done. Councillor Harlan was short-tempered on his good days, so whoever had yelled was bound to get a beating or worse. After all, they were expecting the new Grand Duca, Athenosi. Sidriel's father had been making plans for this business meeting for a long time.

Sidriel rolled out of her bed. The sound of rustling parchment accompanied her movement. She picked up the crinkled scroll on her bed once she'd stood up. It wasn't a religious text. Or at least not a human religious text. It was the Pahlia, a scroll containing a mythical story passed down from one of the Elven clans who had worked to disband the Arvanian Empire. She'd gotten the scroll from her eccentric uncle when she was little. Her father had told her to burn the gift when he'd seen what it was, but somehow Sidriel still had it with her. She kept it hidden, because the tale of dragons and mages and fantastical creatures was really important to her. She wished that she controlled healing magic like the main character. But that was fantasy. She was stuck in her life, reading religious texts and studying history.

Sidriel straightened out her dress. She'd worn it all of yesterday and slept in it, but something was clearly happening downstairs. She opened her balcony doors and walked out onto the second floor balcony connected to her personal chambers. Below her was a sea of people... and Grand Duca Athenosi, smiling at the citizens who had come to greet him.

"Assoya!" Sidriel called out for her handmaiden. She watched Athenosi as she waited for Assoya, who eventually burst into the room.

"Was it the Grand Duca who was yelling at my father?" Sidriel asked hesitantly. Assoya simply nodded twice, her long black curls bouncing up and down with the movement. Sidriel looked out at the people once again. If the Grand Duca was unhappy with Councillor Harlan, they'd be unhappy with him, too. Sidriel's grip tightened on the scroll in her hand, and she looked to Assoya. "Gather as much money as you can find, and some food for the road. We're going to visit my uncle."

Assoya rushed off immediately. She understood that things were going to start to look bad for the Valmihr family. Sidriel hoped her uncle could teach her some more things about the Elven Republic before it became a nation full of sacrifices and deception. Who knew. Knowledge like that might even help Athenosi build a good nation, or save Sidriel's parents who were surely in trouble after whatever argument had transpired... because as much as she hated Councillor Harlan, he was still her father.

(this is my first RP on the forums so I hope this was ok. I hope there's something to build off of somewhere in here.)

Hallimas Islands
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Hallimas Islands » Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:48 pm

Rampaging Turtleducks wrote:Merithian Docks, 736 AE

Sidriel Valmihr woke to passionate shouting. Oh great elves, Sidriel sighed internally. I must have fallen asleep while I was reading. Again. Sidriel couldn't really help it. All the religious texts she was required to read were just so boring. Sidriel wasn't interested in the Great Battle or The Vanquishing of Darykk Voyar. Actually, she kind of liked Darykk Voyar the Horrible. His title didn't seem very befitting of the failure that was his military career.

Another yell shook the Valmihr house. "But never take me for a weak man who shall do as you-"

Who was that? Sidriel felt bad for whoever it was. Her father was a powerful, scheming, vile man. He was a Councillor who worked for the Second Kingdom of Man. According to her mother, the Valmihr family had a lot of enemies because of things Harlan Valmihr, her father, had done. Councillor Harlan was short-tempered on his good days, so whoever had yelled was bound to get a beating or worse. After all, they were expecting the new Grand Duca, Athenosi. Sidriel's father had been making plans for this business meeting for a long time.

Sidriel rolled out of her bed. The sound of rustling parchment accompanied her movement. She picked up the crinkled scroll on her bed once she'd stood up. It wasn't a religious text. Or at least not a human religious text. It was the Pahlia, a scroll containing a mythical story passed down from one of the Elven clans who had worked to disband the Arvanian Empire. She'd gotten the scroll from her eccentric uncle when she was little. Her father had told her to burn the gift when he'd seen what it was, but somehow Sidriel still had it with her. She kept it hidden, because the tale of dragons and mages and fantastical creatures was really important to her. She wished that she controlled healing magic like the main character. But that was fantasy. She was stuck in her life, reading religious texts and studying history.

Sidriel straightened out her dress. She'd worn it all of yesterday and slept in it, but something was clearly happening downstairs. She opened her balcony doors and walked out onto the second floor balcony connected to her personal chambers. Below her was a sea of people... and Grand Duca Athenosi, smiling at the citizens who had come to greet him.

"Assoya!" Sidriel called out for her handmaiden. She watched Athenosi as she waited for Assoya, who eventually burst into the room.

"Was it the Grand Duca who was yelling at my father?" Sidriel asked hesitantly. Assoya simply nodded twice, her long black curls bouncing up and down with the movement. Sidriel looked out at the people once again. If the Grand Duca was unhappy with Councillor Harlan, they'd be unhappy with him, too. Sidriel's grip tightened on the scroll in her hand, and she looked to Assoya. "Gather as much money as you can find, and some food for the road. We're going to visit my uncle."

Assoya rushed off immediately. She understood that things were going to start to look bad for the Valmihr family. Sidriel hoped her uncle could teach her some more things about the Elven Republic before it became a nation full of sacrifices and deception. Who knew. Knowledge like that might even help Athenosi build a good nation, or save Sidriel's parents who were surely in trouble after whatever argument had transpired... because as much as she hated Councillor Harlan, he was still her father.

(this is my first RP on the forums so I hope this was ok. I hope there's something to build off of somewhere in here.)

(This was really good! It is also my first RP too. One small problem - Harlan is from the Council of Many in Merithia, not of the Council in the 2nd Kingdom)

Athenosi's crowd dispersed as they got back onto their lives. Athenosi looked down the street. Huh... Never knew a crowd could go so little a distance. He noticed the handmaiden of Harlan's family rush out their house. He approached Assoya, he said with quite a large voice that Harlan could probably hear it, "I see you have finally left work under that wretched man! In such a rush also!" The Grand Duca stood proudly, I like this politics thing, he thought as he said these words.

Rampaging Turtleducks
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Rampaging Turtleducks » Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:53 pm

(Thank you! Sorry for the mishap... I’d say “it won’t happen again” but it definitely will, some of my friends tell me I have a very confused personality :p )

Sidriel watched as Grand Duca Athenosi worked the crowd outside of her house. His people really do love him. He talks like the kind of man people would gladly follow to the ends of the Earth.

Suddenly, Assoya came dashing out of the house. Sidriel could clearly see the door smack into someone as Assoya left the building from her balcony. She watched Assoya gesturing with her hands, the way she always did when she felt flustered, for only a moment before someone addressed her. Sidriel heard the words of the Grand Duca quite clearly: “I see you have finally left work under that wretched man! In such a rush also!”

Sidriel sighed. Her fears were confirmed. Her father had truly done something awful if the Grand Duca’s words were anything to go by. She’d have to wranngle the full story from Assoya later, probably while they were traveling to her uncle’s place. Assoya responded in a timid voice, as usual. “I’m just going to the treasury,”

Athenosi quirked an eyebrow. That got Assoya talking again, waving her hands in front of her face as if in a panic. “To prepare my lady, the honorable Miss Sidriel, for a j-journey.” Sidriel hated hearing her noble name. It didn’t sound right coming from Assoya. In Sidriel’s opinion, Assoya was more of a slightly older, shy best friend than a handmaiden.

Another eyebrow was lifted. Assoya gave in again, “to visit her uncle. Outside of the country,” Assoya immediately brushed past members of the crowd once she was done talking. Sidriel bit her lip. She should have told Assoya not to talk to anyone while she was going to get money because she knew little of politics. By saying they were leaving the country, she was informing the Grand Duca that they didn’t agree with whatever Sidriel’s father had said.

Sidriel went up to her wardrobe and grabbed her riding gear. She had planned to stay in her current clothes to avoid suspicion, but now there was no use. Either they’d be stopped before they got anywhere near the country’s borders, or they’d make the six hour trip, no questions asked.

Assoya returned to Sidriel’s rooms with three bags full of rations and supplies, several coin purses loaded with non-Merithian currency, and two saddles. Sidriel glances outside to see two horses being held by another servant of the Valmihr family. He was a new hire whose name Sidriel wasn’t sure of. The Valmihr’s went through hired help like beggars went through rations.

“Let’s go,” Sidriel said, and Assoya followed as they headed outside.

(Ahhhh)

Rampaging Turtleducks
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Rampaging Turtleducks » Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:11 pm

(Also! I’m really sorry I didn’t notice that this forum had an OOC as well as an IC, I didn’t think to look. I used to RP on Wattpad like two years ago when my friend ran them and that’s all my background, so I didn’t think to look!!! I’m really sorry! I’ll go do that now)

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Protacan-Anzotac Peoples » Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:29 pm

Rampaging Turtleducks wrote:(Also! I’m really sorry I didn’t notice that this forum had an OOC as well as an IC, I didn’t think to look. I used to RP on Wattpad like two years ago when my friend ran them and that’s all my background, so I didn’t think to look!!! I’m really sorry! I’ll go do that now)

(OOC: It's fine)

Darksworth
Envoy

Founded: Nov 10, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Darksworth » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:29 am

The clunking of heavy armor along with the sounds of multiple horses walking have dominated yet another battlefield won by the Raven Commonwealth. The landscape of the massacre is dotted by burned tents and encampments, rotting carcasses of Orcs and Goblins and the tinge of metal as gigantic makeshift axes and war hammers loiter around each individual bodies of their users.

The battle was quick, the Orcs didn't even stood a chance. First came the arrows, which were tipped with either poison or fire, raining down on the tribes. Then 5 battalions of the organized heavy infantry came marching towards the field, carrying the flag of the Ravens, the last thing those damned Orcs and Goblins will see as swords, pikes and shields came down upon them in quick jabs and slashes.

Victor can only sigh as he galloped his horse along with the small Raven scout division, he wasn't used to seeing the aftermath of wars without him joining it. Ever since he was augmented into the position of Primus Dominus of the Commonwealth, he had seen less action and more boring politics. He haven't led any major conquests ever since. But he was glad that the army can hold itself properly without his leadership.

As Victor checked the battlefield, with some of his officers giving a detailed aftermath report, a lightly-armored man in a grayish horse came galloping from the edge of the hills surrounding the battlefield. Several of the infantry from his behind came running to intercept the unknown figure with long swords drawn before wavering off, seeing as the man has raised a medium-sized flag of the Commonwealth's military standard above his head, signifying that he must be part of the scouting team sent in advance.

As the figure drew close to within ear-shot range, he began to speak.

-"Primus Dominus! I have reports!"

Victor spoke with a leisurely but hardened voice, asking the scout about this report.

-"We have spotted a small Elven caravan coming near the North-West, filled with families and mercenaries. They bare no Raven citizenship and seems to be nomads sir. What's the course of action?"

-"Send a battalion to intercept them, as long as they have no citizenship then they are free game"

The scout was taken aback by the Primus Dominus' words, but quickly nodded and followed his orders, swiftly turning and proceeding back to the encampment that has been the location of the temporary HQ in the general area.

While that happened, Victor ordered his generals to come back to the Commonwealth's capital with him, which is the city of Ravenest. As he had other matters to deal with, mainly trying to forge some papers and casus files on why the Raven Commonwealth has killed yet another tribe protected by an international treaty. And why a certain nomadic populace was "mysteriously" massacred in some off-set road somewhere in the far lands.
The Commonwealth of Darksworth is a pseudo-steampunk space-faring civilization. With their technology having been acquired by invading a far greater civilization. Due to this peculiar situation, their tech is a mix between pre-industrialized and late-space age.
Technology Level: Tier 4-5: PT/MT
Arcane Level: Level 0-Inept
Influence Type: Type 6-Planetary Politician
Based on this Index
---
Tier: Tier 5
Type: Type IV
Government Size: Superpower
Based on this Index

*Consult me for NS stats via TG*
Working as a Concept Artist, drawing mainly monsters, creatures and maps. Currently living somewhere in Southeast Asia or Oceania, take a guess.
---
In terms of my political stance, I'm Far/Alt-Right. That's legit, I could be categorized as a Technocratic Fascist.

Lemlar
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 11, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Lemlar » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:50 am

Byzantium

The kingdom woke up to a new day in which their king was destined to do wonderful things today as in a week was the centennial of the Orthodox Seminary opening and he was wanting to have a celebration in which the Priests would join the populace in fanfare, food, and drink. He had all the richest and best tasting foods and drinks ordered en masse for all of the partygoers in which numbered in the +100K so that would mean all bakeries, grocers, any food based store or restaurant would be working overtime. While that was going, he tasked other people to begin decorating the main square and other adjacent squares to hold the event. He for the first time had a hippodrome race and a gladiator fight to occur concurrently to improve the mood, other sporting events were scheduled too. After the food and sport were order/scheduled he went to the school of music and had asked for them to hold a concert in the amphitheatre before the main dinner occurred and to have music playing throughout the venue. The king then went to the Seminary officially called the Ecumenical Seminary of Constantinople and discussed their role in the party. As the king was equal with the Patriarch, he asked if the priests and the clergy could be allowed to "break the rules" for just this event. After some discussion he and the patriarch agreed that on special occasions, agreed upon by the monarch and patriarch, the clergy could break code. He then sent other officials to arrange other smaller parts of the three day party.

After all that was complete, he sent a message to the other kingdoms and nations inviting them to the party.
Επίσημο 'Ονομα: Παγκόσμια Αυτοκρατορία Λεμλαρ
Αυτοκράτορας: Ανδρέασ Νεμεθ
Epstein didn't kill himself

Εκτακτες Ειδήσεις: LemlarΛεμλαρ, ξεκινώντας μια νέα εποχή καθώς το πράσινο κόμμα έχει δημιουργήσει έναν συνασπισμό με τους καθιερωμένους μοναρχικούς.

Hallimas Islands
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Hallimas Islands » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:46 am

Lemlar wrote:Byzantium

The kingdom woke up to a new day in which their king was destined to do wonderful things today as in a week was the centennial of the Orthodox Seminary opening and he was wanting to have a celebration in which the Priests would join the populace in fanfare, food, and drink. He had all the richest and best tasting foods and drinks ordered en masse for all of the partygoers in which numbered in the +100K so that would mean all bakeries, grocers, any food based store or restaurant would be working overtime. While that was going, he tasked other people to begin decorating the main square and other adjacent squares to hold the event. He for the first time had a hippodrome race and a gladiator fight to occur concurrently to improve the mood, other sporting events were scheduled too. After the food and sport were order/scheduled he went to the school of music and had asked for them to hold a concert in the amphitheatre before the main dinner occurred and to have music playing throughout the venue. The king then went to the Seminary officially called the Ecumenical Seminary of Constantinople and discussed their role in the party. As the king was equal with the Patriarch, he asked if the priests and the clergy could be allowed to "break the rules" for just this event. After some discussion he and the patriarch agreed that on special occasions, agreed upon by the monarch and patriarch, the clergy could break code. He then sent other officials to arrange other smaller parts of the three day party.

After all that was complete, he sent a message to the other kingdoms and nations inviting them to the party.

Grand Duca Athenosi was quite intrigued by this offer. He could shore up Merithia's trade with the other nations, like Byzantium and the Second Kingdom of Man - if they were to attend. He decided to write back

To the Right and Honourable Justinian, King of the Byzantines

I, the Grand Duca of the Maritime Republic of Merithia, Athenosi Perligrimia accept your invitation to your most glorious of parties. I pray, sir, you shall indeed have the joy of parties. Furthermore, may I request you for a seperate dinner in my ship. I shall be bringing Councillors and Merchants of my Republic to treat with you, in order to have a sustainable and healthy relationship between our nations. I pray you shall accept this.

Yours Sincerely,

Athenosi Perligrimia, Grand Duca of the Maritime Republic of Merithia

Lemlar
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 11, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Lemlar » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:27 pm

Hallimas Islands wrote:

Grand Duca Athenosi was quite intrigued by this offer. He could shore up Merithia's trade with the other nations, like Byzantium and the Second Kingdom of Man - if they were to attend. He decided to write back

To the Right and Honourable Justinian, King of the Byzantines

I, the Grand Duca of the Maritime Republic of Merithia, Athenosi Perligrimia accept your invitation to your most glorious of parties. I pray, sir, you shall indeed have the joy of parties. Furthermore, may I request you for a seperate dinner in my ship. I shall be bringing Councillors and Merchants of my Republic to treat with you, in order to have a sustainable and healthy relationship between our nations. I pray you shall accept this.

Yours Sincerely,

Byzantium
King Justinian upon receiving an RSVP from The Grand Duke of Merithia had a reply written and was happy that at least one other nation would be attending the event.

To: His Majesty Grand Duke Athens Perligrimia,

I would be delighted to receive you and your delegation as guests I will make sure to accommodate the delegation in a nice hotel for the 3 days and will look forward to attending a dinner on your ship. I ask when I am dining with you that four of my guards are with me for security reasons. If you want to bring other religious leaders to trade notes with ours feel free to bring them. I look forward to your arrival!

Justinian, King of Byzantium and Head of House Augustus
Επίσημο 'Ονομα: Παγκόσμια Αυτοκρατορία Λεμλαρ
Αυτοκράτορας: Ανδρέασ Νεμεθ
Epstein didn't kill himself

Εκτακτες Ειδήσεις: LemlarΛεμλαρ, ξεκινώντας μια νέα εποχή καθώς το πράσινο κόμμα έχει δημιουργήσει έναν συνασπισμό με τους καθιερωμένους μοναρχικούς.

Rampaging Turtleducks
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Rampaging Turtleducks » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:41 pm

Sidriel Valmihr and Assoya arrived in Byzantium soon after they left Merithia. By now they were used to the journey, because they'd taken the same route a million times in order to see Sidriel's uncle.

Sidriel and Assoya dismounted from their horses, padded riding boots making a soft thudding noise after they hit the ground. Both girls silently stretched out their legs before getting their supplies from their horses and heading towards the door to a brightly-lit tavern. Sidriel's uncle was a regular performer there. When he wasn't off traveling to study foreign cultures, he could almost always be found nursing an ale and quoting old epics there. Somehow he'd earned himself a permanent room at the Inn over the years, so whenever Sidriel or other family members arrived in town, they'd use the room.

Assoya hustled up to the tavern, and held the door open for Sidriel, who rolled her eyes playfully. Surely Assoya knows she doesn't have to be so... so servant-y? Sidriel thought. She's my best friend. I wish she wasn't also my family's hired pack mule... but then I never would have met her, and I'd have almost no one.

The strong, musky scent of yeast hit Sidriel's nose as she stepped into the familiar tavern. A few typical characters stood around. There were three men in the back smoking pipes and haggling as they played a game of cards. Behind the counter was a barmaiden telling off a drunken customer who was begging for a free drink. Sidriel smiled at the sight of the girl manning the bar, an old acquaintance.

"Sidriel! How are you, lass?" The barmaiden asked in her strong, mixed accent, smile changing into a lopsided grin.

"I'm good, you?" The response Sidriel got was the barmaid glancing halfheartedly at the drunken man, who sat, slouching and staring at a wall.

"Nevermind that. Here's a room key," the lady handed Sidriel a key she'd never seen before, after grabbing it from under the bar. "It's not your usual. Your uncle's given his room to some poor elven lad who showed up here yesterday. He looks to be seventeen. Close enough to you, aye? The bairn came to town at the wrong time. All us innkeepers are jacking up room prices 'for the festivities. He was lucky your uncle took pity; and quite frankly you're lucky I'm not making you pay the fare, either." She winked as Sidriel took the key.

"Festivities?" Sidriel asked. Assoya seemed to perk up, too. They hadn't heard anything about this when they'd gotten to Byzantium.

The barmaid nodded. "The king's holdin' some events. Not sure what for, but commoners and the church folk are goin' ta mingle. All o' us are crazy excited. Particularly all them younger girls. They hear foreign princes have been invited. One came in here the other day, swoonin', I tell ya. You should stay in town for it all. One more almost-commoner couldn't hurt, could it, the honorable Miss Sidriel?"

Sidriel found herself nodding before really considering what she was agreeing to. "Will uncle be there?"

"Definitely. It's not like he could miss the chance to throw some debate at the widely accepted religious leaders, aye?"

Hallimas Islands
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Hallimas Islands » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:36 am

Council of Many, Merithia

Grand Duca Athenosi Perligrimia stood in front of the Merchant's Throne and announced his visit to Byzantium. He was sure that more trade links would please the Councillors. However, Harlan did some work behind the scenes and found out about this plan before Athenosi planned to announce it. Spreading rumours of a 'vacation' to Byzantium where Athenosi plans to hand over more leverage to the Byzantines and away from the Merithian Merchants. This caused an argument to spark in the Council of the Many. Athenosi was astonished, I have no idea how this rumour began and who spread it... Hmph, ignominy has fallen upon me... Time to clear up some rumours, he thought.

He silenced the Council and explained to them the actual reasons why he decided to go to Byzantium. Harlan named him liar, however, Harlan had made a brilliant decision in saying that. The naïve Grand Duca had a feeling who was behind this, but couldn't pin point it - although it was quite obvious who did it. He called to Harlan, ignoring their past disagreements to come with him as one of the Merithian Councillors to go to Byzantium. He joked slightly, "Harlan, perhaps meeting your siblings could give you a tad bit more happiness in your life, hm?" Harlan was embarrassed, but realised that it is better to keep your enemies close and accepted the offer with utter 'humility'.

He called two other Councillors, one was Councillor Georg Hallsmann, an immigrant from the elder days of Merithia... He was a savvy businessman, but loyal to the Mannish cause. He was the mentor of Athenosi, much alike to his protégé, however he is quite knowledgeable of the politics of Merithia and considers his failure to teach young Athenosi about this didn't suit him well. Also, Councillor Hallsmann was a staunch opponent to Harlan, although they banded together in making Athenosi Grand Duca... Hallsmann saw Vlahimr for what he truly was and advised Athenosi against supporting him and going to that meeting. He soon proved correct in his predictions.

The other councillor was Councillor Johannes di Vapri, a Merithian native, one of the biggest Elf-Friends in the Council. He was one of the most powerful figures, being brother-in-law to the late Grand Duca, Emmanuel 'The Elf-Man' Jasperton. Johannes was known to be a very big supporter of the Elvish culture and overlordship over Merithia. He wore Elvish clothing and even spoke fluently in their language. Although, he has got rid of most of his Elvish belongings, he still wears some jewellery from them. He spoke against Athenosi and Georg's pro-Mannish reforms for Merithia. However, they never got into any arguments other than political. He also has little trust of Harlan. Due to the fact the Harlan supported him to become Grand Duca, but betrayed him for Athenosi.

They boarded ships and left for Byzantium, the Merithian Foreign Fleet would follow them to show the power of Merithia. They would arrive soon and join the festivities.

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Protacan-Anzotac Peoples » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:24 pm

Town of Praven, The Second Kingdom of Man

His Most Serene Sovereign, High King of The Second Kingdom of Man, Grand Warden of Men, and Rightful Empereor of The Known Earth, Arren Visiar

Arren, and his advisers sat upon their white horses along the side of the stone path, soldiers walked down the path in an orderly fashion, their red armour, silver tipped spears, and high morale. It was the last town they would past before reaching the battlefield.

Elven workers rose up against Arren a few days ago and proclaimed themselves lords and rebels of the empire. Many elves joined their cause and gathered their weapons and marched with their lieges. They were made up of eager war boys to poor men. As Arren's army passed by, the townsmen cheered them on and dropped food and wine caskets in their transports. The soldiers smiled but knew best not to break the formalized line they were in by waving back or stopping to thank them. 12,000 pikeman, 20,000 levies, 9,000 Master at Arms on Foot, 5,000 spearman, 10,000 Longbowman/Archers,15,000 Mounted Lancers, and 15,000 Mounted Knights marched down the path to a field that will determine who wins and who dies. Arren's advisers believed the elves had 20,000 various 'warriors' but maybe more due to reports of humans helping them aswell. The 3 elven lords were actually identified as descendants of the triarchs of the Elven Republic and have come out of hiding to restore it.

This is why Arren brought such a big force, these elven lords are much smarter and tactical because they have been taught by their predecessors in arts of war and how to defeat the human army. Arren was determined he'd win due to numbers but also afraid of what may come after, most of his servants are elves and even has a elven councilor, they could plot against him. Arren lost his train of thought when a messenger came up and handed him a letter, it was from Marshal Navashar, it stated a rebellious human force of about 8,000 from the local town raided the fort at morning through the back gate, the guard had forgotten to lock it. Navashar and whats left of his retinue were travelling towards Darkdell near the Imperial Capital, it also stated theres a chance the force is coming around towards Praven but a local milita of 10,000 levies were sent to hold them off near Darrington Village which wouldn't last long due to the defensive positions being "out of date" and worthless. Arren told one of his advisers to take 16,900 mounted knights and completely ram the rebellious human scum. He couldn't afford fighting two fronts. But more importantly losing his capital where his family currently stayed. His heir, Arren II, was serving as Prince Regent while his father was out fighting and was an excellent adminastrator and leader so he wasn't as worried.

Right after Arren and his staff leave the town, arrows coming crashing down on the soldiers unexpectedly, his advisers rushed to certain parts of the line to begin giving orders, Arren's guards formed a shield wall around him, Arren deserted his horse since it made him vunerable. Another wave of arrows began crashing down, killing three of his guards in the process. Soon elven soldiers got up from the ground and charged for the soldiers, the elves actually came to them. Arren was suprised. The soldiers split, one row faces the left side and and the other the right. His cavalry was completely diminished and so was the majority of his army, his soldiers from shield wall and prepared for the rushing elves on both sides. A messenger was able to get his last raven off with a letter for assistance:

Letter of Alliance

To whom it may ever concern,

Dear Local Nations,

Im in no position to ask, request, or even demand this, as im in a hurry, but I ask you send your ships full of warriors and support your rightful king, the future Grand King of The Known Lands, send your finest warriors and help us fight off these elven scum, no matter what race you are you will be respected and honored for your support and showered with riches, send yours so we can defeat theirs.
Last edited by The Protacan-Anzotac Peoples on Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Gerdon Laughis
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Gerdon Laughis » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:14 pm

Yurish Turish
"What? Expecting me to moo? Moo."

Yurish Turish, the Minotaur Wizard, was used to the warm sands of his desert Island. This land... was much different. While he had often been on crews of the tribal raiding parties that annually left the archipelago in search of treasures from faraway lands, he rarely ever actual disembarked aside from the usual loading of ill-gotten-gains and tending to wounded warriors. He was on one such voyage now, but due to his specialty of magical spells, a rarity among his people, he was considered an asset for a particular raid on a sizable village in the coastal regions of northern Byzantium. Their ship had made landfall that morning, and the party of 40 warriors disembarked as the crew of the ship left to hide their transports in a nearby cove for the night. If any Byzantine patrol ships happened across the area, no one would notice the small raiding fleet. Yurish inhaled deeply, letting the sent of the Byzantine forest and the salt of the ocean mix, creating an oddly familiar yet exotic scent that he wished he could savor. However, the time for meditation would come later, as the Raid Leader Rana Dona clasped him on the shoulder, causing him to move slightly forward with the effort put behind it. Rana was an old warrior, double Yurish's age with scars to show. He jingled and jangled as he walked from the various trinkets and armor pieces stuck to him from victories past, and flashed a wide grin as his shaggy hair was brushed back with a thick hand.

Rana spoke in a low, gravelly voice that sounded relaxed, but authoritative. "Taking time to enjoy the trees Kaha'hokar?" Kaha'hokar was a term used to define those that could use magic. Magic was known as "Dark-Light" or "Kaha" due to its mix of deadly and life-giving properties, and "Hokar" ruffly translated to Bastard.

Yurish simply brushed off the light-hearted jab at his mother's sexual habits and his personal hobbies, offering a proper response to his superior. "Raid Leader, Sir, shame to see my posturing hasn't ended in a mutiny yet." He gave a low chuckle as he adjusted his thick robes.

"Well, Yurish, if we can't secure any trophies before the end of the season your dreams may come true. And as much as you want to see me dead I know you want to get paid." Rana picked an insect off of his fur, setting it down and letting it go free. The gentle-giant then stretched out, an astonishing 8 feet of pure hide and muscle. He trodded on forward, signaling the rest to set off towards the Byzantine village.

Yurish opened his bag and removed a small map. He looked over the short path to the village of Ypsiló Neró before putting it away and falling in line with the other 39 warriors. Hopefully, something in this village would be of use to him.

Tysklandia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 15, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Tysklandia » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:21 pm

OOC: I am really rusty and overal rather mediocre. Any tips or tricks or clear points of improvement are appreciated.

Southern World peak mountains, 736 AE

"TWANGG"

The thick, recognisable sound of a dawi heavy crossbolt letting lose its steel bolt echoed slightly up the steep mountains that flanked the small valley they had been travelling through. A few dozen yards of travel, done in but the span of single second, was all the heavy steel bolt needed to find purchase with its fleshy target. Foreign, screeching sounds rang out, followed by a thud of a short, malformed green body slamming into the ground. The creature rang out in pain and fear as it tried to crawl away, a score of blood left behind as it dragged itself through the thick snow, its eyes wide as it knew death was close.
Screeches of pain and fear made way for whimpering as armoured boots slowly ventured towards the crippled creature. Whimpering turned to begging for but a few moments as the short, broad and armoured figure raised his gauntled clad hands high, before bringing the massive battle-axe gripped between them down unto the face of the green skinned monstrosity. Ending its pitiful and short life.

"We lost good time today, my lord. We should not waste our time with these... Pests... The guards of Kal'Barak can deal with them, it is not our concern."

The short, stout crossbow wielding dawi, clad in thick, well made chainmail covered by well-fitted and made plates of armor walked towards his companion through a small clearing in this snow covered valley of rock and pine. His armoured feet sunk deep into the blood stained snow, riddled with over a dozen lifeless greenskin remains. The companion remained still, only the slight tilting of his thick, enclosed helmet betraying that he was surveying the now silent battlefield. His warm breath creating slivers of mist escaping from underneath his helmet. The response was, calm, but stern, made with confidence.

"Kal'Barak did not know of their presence, otherwise they would have warned the prince of Kal'Erundir. Their presence so near our sacred holds can not be ignored, it is the duty of all dawi to kill any enemy that dare threaten our lands, so says the codex."

The dwarf turned to look at his approaching bodyguard, one of his fathers best, ordered to keep the crownprince alive at all costs as he ventured on this quest of sorts.
his armor and weapons were the best any dawi smith could dream to make, fitted perfectly to his short, but broad stature. The blood smeared on this pristine suit of armor, not to forget the life essence dripping from his blade, contrasted the friendly smile the much older dawi gave the crownprince of Kal'erundir.

"Strong and clear words, my lord." The dwarf took a short gander at the blood marked snow around them, a painting in the snow depicting death and decay, a fitting end to the enemy of the Dawi.
He stowed away his axe, attaching it tightly to his belt, allways in close reach in case of neccesity. He took the horn that was securely attached to his middle and raised it to his lips, before bellowing a long, howling noise that echoed through the mountains. Soon enough, mere moments to be honest, a similair sound echoed back, originating from the west.

The 2 dawi now knew were to find the rest of their companions and continue their journey to the south, towards the sea. And from their, the rest of the world.
Last edited by Tysklandia on Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gerdon Laughis
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Gerdon Laughis » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:56 pm

Pu'sanagan, The Tribal Kingdom of Artip
"Its barbaric, but hey, its home."

The March to the coast had come and passed.

The last of the ships had set sail for the annual raid on the coasts of the various kingdoms and islands around them, and during this time the various Clans of Artip would move towards the southern portion of the Island to search for various Oasis' and pockets of vitality to nourish their animals and provide sustenance while the warriors were off gaining more supplies. The minotaurs walked in traditional garb for desert travelers, wrapped in thick cloaks armored by various random pieces of iron and steel plates that were either forged as they traveled, or scavenged from the various raids. Each clan led its own herd of Emrah, the gentle giants of the sands that had been tamed for the purpose of carrying the burdens of the tribe as they migrated around the Island. In the heart of this mass migration was the main clan of Artip. They led the most immense of beasts in the tribe, the Yawp.
The Yawp carried on their back not just supplies, but buildings themselves. In the very heart of the Tribe was the actual tribal capital, Pu'sanagan. The Moving City. Situated on the backs of the Yawp, Pu'sanagan was a string of buildings and tethered rope bridges and ladders that spanned the entire length of both of these creatures. When commanded, the Yawp would lay side-by-side and the two halves would be tethered together, creating a spanning city on the backs of the beasts. As the Yawp were so large as to not be bothered by smaller creatures that may attack them, and completely passive and submissive creatures, there was no risk of them turning on the Minotaurs who had given them protection and access to food in this symbiotic relationship.

On the back of the larger Yawp, Kitarana, stood the Desert Palace. Inside was held the Chamber of the Clans, where clan leaders met to discuss tribal politics and the Chieftain's Hall where Chieftain Garip held his seat of power. At this moment the Clans had gathered to discuss the current situation of the Tribe and the migration that was currently underway.

Chieftain Garip rose slowly from his chair at the head of the table as the other Clan leaders took their seats. He was much smaller than the others, being only 7 feet tall, short by minotaur standards. He was also almost scrawny in build, being more athletic than bulky and built. His eyes were also a solid blue color, with no break for pupils. The rumors said that the chief was blind due to black magic, and could sense the room and people around him with his magical eyes. In actuality, this was simply the way he was born, prompting the Shamans to determine it as a divine sign he should rule. He stared down the table at the much larger Clansmen and Women, each easily having a foot on him. He spoke in a calm, fatherlike voice that fit his Mid-age.

"Clan Leaders, the Council of Clans has convened to discuss the current situation of the raiding parties, and the clans objective once it finds the large Oasis to the south. Now Clansman Polinod, I know you wished to discuss something with us?"

Clansman Polinod, the representative from the Ishod clan, braced his hand on the table as he stood. An elven slave tended to the Old Warrior, pouring drinks, prepping food, and fixing the many trinkets that adorned his traditional wrappings. As he stood he briefly placed a large hand on his forehead, gathering himself before he spoke.

"Yes, Chieftain, many thanks. It has come to the attention of the Ishod Clan that this Oasis to the south should be located in a large valley, with a natural opening to the sea. If this is true, there should be a proper river delta to meet up with the returning raid fleets, and form a defensible position for the Tribe."

At this moment Clanswoman Herish Turish looked up from a scroll she was engrossed in,

"Clansman I hope you realize we do not have the proper capabilities to unload all of the fleets in a river delta. That's why we always used the flatbeds of the desert shores. So, Chieftain, why are we choosing to settle in the oasis and have the Raids meet us as opposed to just grazing in a local Oasis and moving back Northward? You place the fleets at unneeded risk of firstly capture by the Human and Elven fleets, and secondly of the rocky shores and storms that dot the inland seas of the archipelago." She was old, and wise in her age, but just as lively as her younger years. "I do not wish to oppose your plan, it just seems... unneeded."

The chieftain flashed a wicked grin as he unrolled a map across the table. On it, he stabbed a large knife into an area of the Island with little-to-no mappings and markings on it.

"Because here we shall settle our tribe. The waters are perfect for the plants for the herds, we can still launch raids from the Delta, and the Yawp are not at risk inside the valley."

At this, the Anti-Settlement Clanswoman Zunara Ki'jara stood. Young, and volatile, she always made sure her position benefited her opinion when it could. "Chieftain, this is an outrage. There is no way the people will allow you to destroy thousands of years of nomadic tradition! You are asking for another civil war."

Clanswoman Herish turned sharply. "Clanswoman take your seat and bite your tongue." She then, more affectionately, turned towards the Chief. "Chief Artip, she provides a fair point. Our way of life resides on our nomadic traditions. What do we do if those are lost?"

Garip closed his eyes, though the piercing blue could almost be felt through his eyelids. "We adapt Clanswoman. If this is such a pressing matter, then we shall officially vote. On behalf of your Clans and the people of the Tribal Kingdom of Artip, how do you vote Council?"

Clansman Gatot Witot was the first to raise his hand. "Clan Witot votes in favor of a settlement."
After was Clan Artips representative. "We stand without the chief. For Settlement."
"Clan Turish votes against Settlement." spoke the Clanswoman.
"Clan Ki'jara sides with Clan Turish." Zunara quickly added this to the end, with a groan from Clansman Polinod Ishod, who cast his own vote.
"Clan Ishod sides with the Chief, bringing the voting 3/2 in favor of settlement in the Valley."

Garip gave a short chuckle as Zunara gave a scoff. "Don't be disappointed Clanswoman, you will have plenty of opportunities to undermine me in the future. For now, this council is dismissed."

The Frozen Forest
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Frozen Forest » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:31 pm

Pannotia

The Republic was bustling as the aftermath of the elections caused celebrations for those who had gotten a satisfactory representative. Outside wooden and stone homes various family and political banners waved. It was a traditional custom since the founding of the city to hang ones family symbol outside the home as a mark of pride and as a way to recognize kin whenever one had to move properties. The tradition of hanging a political flag, usually a symbol representing a certain politician along with a few word slogan, was much newer. It could easily be traced to the seventh Free Leader of Panottia, whom managed to win a landslide victory through his use of the Media. He was also the only leader to ever be impeached after he purposefully tried to start a war with the neighboring human kingdoms.

The day was chilly and tax collectors were about. They wore long red sashes and other markers of identification, earning them the titles of Red-Chests. Some citizens liked to also take it a step further, equating the "Red-Chests" with the blood of those betrayed the system. Capital Punishment was a very real thing in the Republic, and there were plenty of notorious cases of mistrial and death following it. It was almost enough to prevent crime, if you knew that stealing would lead to being hung or worse.

The Griffons were about as well, they were preparing for the yearly hatching cycle. For two weeks of the year Griffons were unavailable to the Republic, because they met up to breed and lay eggs in the high mountaintops of the Khetsun Sangpo Mountain range. Griffons tended not to care for their own eggs, especially since they knew the Humans would collect most to be domesticated. It was an efficient cycle for both humanoid species and the Griffons, as it ensure a steady population growth and a continuous amount of mounts or transports.

None of this mattered to the Free Leader. Yalu Takshivik was busy in the high office of the state, filing paperwork and drafting a document that could become the cornerstone for non-human, non-elf relations. The Kingdom of Artip, commonly known as the Kingdom of the Minotaurs within Panottia, was the first important faction that would receive the short but impressive note. The impressive part was not the writing itself, as that was relatively simplistic, what was important was the initiative being put forth within the letter. He held it up for a moment before handing it off to a courier. It would be the first Panottian courier to ever leave on a diplomatic mission. The note would be copied a few more times at the office, and then it would reach the hands of many.

To all nations of the world whom lack a Human or Elf Majority.

The Republic of Panottia has long since isolated herself from the world. This isolation has protected and nurtured us as our numbers rebounded following our devastation at human and elven hands. Genocide, the wiping out of an entire race of beings has occurred before and will happen again. The unrivaled power of Byzantium, the Raven Commonwealth and other predominantly Human or Elven nations has posed a threat to races that have the diversity of a unique race. Our goal is to prevent future genocide form occurring world wide. Within a months time a banquet will be held in the High Office of Panottia and all who receive this letter are invited to send a delegation to speak on their behalf, or they may come personally. We will finally question the morality of Human and Elven power and what we can do to prevent it from growing further.

~Free Leader Yalu Takshivik of the Republic of Panottia
Add 3,981 to my Post Count

Hallimas Islands
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Hallimas Islands » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:38 pm

The ship rocked from back to front, Harlan and the other councillors remained in their room. Sickened by the ship. Athenosi, on the contrary, was having a blast. When his parents were taken as sacrifices at the age of eight, he became an apprentice under a merchant who soon took him in to be his son. This merchant sailed all over the Elven Republic and to other kingdoms of minor importance. It is said that that merchant was one of the finest sailors in the plethora of conniving and slimy other merchants. He took control of his own boat and taught Athenosi his craft. This meant that it was Athenosi who was sailing the ship, he was the captain.

As they headed south from their archipelago, Johannes Di Vapri took the courage to head out, the other councillors - not to be outdone - followed suit. Di Vapri was more used to the seas than either of them, but still remained sick, he was used to heading to the elven capital and bringing the sacrifices there. He looked awkwardly up to Athenosi, wearing a captains hat and making the calculations. He gave him an epithet, Athenosi 'The Sailing Duca' Perligrimia. Harlan looked up as well and only felt disgust, but before he was to speak... George tapped his back. George smiled at Athenosi and went up there to aid him.

They sailed for a couple of days and was in the middle of the ocean. Since there were no ports between them, it seemed that they were running out of food. Athenosi broke up his food and turned it into rations. Of course the Councillors would get more, but just not as much as before. He assured them that they would be in Byzantium by the end of the week. He was almost correct. They arrived at the Byzantine shore, but they had run mostly out of food. Luckily, local fishermen were kind enough to give them some of their produce if Merithian merchants would invest in their town. Athenosi assured this. By the end of two more days, they had got to Byzantium.

Byzantium

Athenosi stepped off the ship. The Grand Fleet followed behind him. Athenosi realised that there were no others coming to join the festivities... Oddly enough, none of the major powers... Athenosi needed to meet with more than just King Justinian and Byzantium. He wanted to make deals with all the powerful kingdoms. He decided to write a letter all nations, including the minor ones. If he wasn't to meet with at least two leaders here in Byzantium, this would almost all be for naught. Harlan stayed with the Grand Fleet while George and Johannes followed them to a local inn. They got decked out rooms and went to the tavern for some drinks. Athenosi abstained, he could write drunkenly to the other nations but Johannes and George got black out drunk. Athenosi went back and wrote a letter to all the nations in the world.

To All Nations of the World,

I, the Grand Duca of the Maritime Republic of Merithia, Athenosi Perligrimia most humbly invite you to festivities in the Kingdom of Byzantium. I ask this to enjoy King Justinian's great hospitality and to meet with me, as I am residing in Byzantium right now and I would like to meet you to discuss business. Furthermore, it would be a good conference for all nations to come together to one nation. So, once again, I invite you to Byzantium.

Yours Faithfully,

Tysklandia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 15, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Tysklandia » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:52 pm

The Frozen Forest wrote:Pannotia

To all nations of the world whom lack a Human or Elf Majority.

The Republic of Panottia has long since isolated herself from the world. This isolation has protected and nurtured us as our numbers rebounded following our devastation at human and elven hands. Genocide, the wiping out of an entire race of beings has occurred before and will happen again. The unrivaled power of Byzantium, the Raven Commonwealth and other predominantly Human or Elven nations has posed a threat to races that have the diversity of a unique race. Our goal is to prevent future genocide form occurring world wide. Within a months time a banquet will be held in the High Office of Panottia and all who receive this letter are invited to send a delegation to speak on their behalf, or they may come personally. We will finally question the morality of Human and Elven power and what we can do to prevent it from growing further.

~Free Leader Yalu Takshivik of the Republic of Panottia

The Dwarven Hold of Kal’Erundir

Deep inside the underground halls, pathways, caverns and workships of the Dawi Dominion, sat the throne room of the builder king, Thurion Smidr, A massive, granite throne, simple, but elegant in design stood raised at the head of a large chamber in which the king could meet his subjects. In this case, the many and influential clan leaders of Kal’Erundir. Each of two dozen men in front of him, represented tens of thousands of dawi and held control of mines, workshops and even whole settlements. Each deserved the king’s respect and his time, but the king deserved in return, their loyalty.

The dozen dawi stood mingling in front of the king, who had remained silent for a small while, reading long letters, reports from all around his kingdom, quickly glossed over before commencing this meeting he had called with his clansmen. When done, the old dwarf handed the thick bundle of letters and reports to one his respected servants before scraping his throat loudly and bellowing out for the grand hall to come to order.

“I have received and interesting letter from a rather mysterious source. A man called Takshivik of Panaottia or some other. Its wording is clearly hostile to the humans and elves of The byzantines and the Ravens. It speaks of revealing their people to the world and opposing the dominion of Human and elven kind.”

The clansmen had come to order, halting their silent bickering and discussions as the king’s words. But murmers returned when the king had announced the received missive from the republic.

“I have never heard such a place, this must make them insignificant. Sending out such a letter is sure to make them disappear again, this time for good. One does not last long, agitating the commonwealth or Byzantium like this. Even responding to this might bring the Raven banners to our very doorstep and we are not ready for such an enemy.”

The fearful response of one of the clansmen, was agreed upon by many. The dawi had a natural inclination for tradition, for the status quo. Only a clear cut way to better profit or more power could easily convince the clans to ever risk anything, from money to manpower. But this is were the less fortunate clansmen came into play, those weaker in the piramids of power would be more willing to risk their hides on such an endeavor. All for the chance to increase their clan its wealth and standing in the halls of Kal’Erundir. Such a dawi was Emli of clan Urdan, a younger dwarf, only standing his fathers shoes for a few years at most. A mostly modest dwarf, which was unique in and off itself, but intelligence and ambition shone in his eyes, to him, this was an easy chance to take.

“The commonwealth of men is far away and busy with their own politics and machinations. Just hearing what this… Panaottian has to say would do us little harm. An audience costs us nothing but a few dawi and the means to travel to this… Hidden nation. Clan Urdan would be willing to provide both.”

Murmers of outrage and disbelief followed, but died down soon enough. The other clans would not waste men or money on what they believed to be a foolish notion. But to have another pay for it? The worst that would happen is that one of their rival clans would lose the money invested and receive nothing in return. An easy risk to take for the other clans. Emli ignored it all, the promise of adventure and gold to gain already taken a hold of his mind. So he petitioned the king for the right to host the expedition. Thurion’s reply was forthcoming in return.

“My advisors say that the name Pannaottian is referenced in ancient archives, of times before Erundir himself. It seems unbelievable that any people could have survived this long, but if clan Urdan wishes to fund the expedition to find these answers, I will allow it.”

Emli Urdan smiled a toothy grin underneath his thick beard and bowed for the high king.

“I will not disappoint Kal’Erundir, my king. I swear upon my clan.”

ACTION: Send an expedition from Clan Erundir to Pannaottia in response to the letter.

--

South of the World peak mountains, Late 736 AE

“LOOSE!”

Strong hands pulled with full might at a metal lever, releasing a thick rope from its confines. Gravity did its work and the heavy stone ballast fell to the earth, causing the Trebuchet to let loose its deadly cargo. A dozen nearly identical contraptions all fired their deadly projectiles in the span of seconds, flying off towards its target, the walls of the port city of Barok.

The kingdom of Southumbria was little more than a glorified city state in its golden age, but much trade flowed through its port. A golden age shattered when the coalition of nations, Southumbria included, invaded the lands of Dale to punish it for allying with the upstart dwarven kingdom of Kal’erundir. An invasion that was barely defeated by the combined armies of dale and dawi. The defeat of that war, marked the decline of most in that coalition, Southumbria most of all. The lands the dalish took after the war, disrupted many vital trade routes, slowly starving the rich nation, until the point the men of dale and the dawi could finaly enact their revenge. A revenge that came in the form of an invasion by the Dominion, composed of a combined force of Dawi and dalish, numbering nearly six thousand men and dawi in total.

The Southumbrian king knew he could not match the larger armies in the field, so he retreated inside the safety of his walls, with his troops to man the defenses and his fleet to feed the city. But after holding back a short siege against both Dawi and Dalish men, the forces of the dominion commenced their bombardment of the city with their siege engines. The dawi and dalish brought their best siege engineers and built Trebuchet after Trebuchet, to hammer the twin series of half moon walls that were designed specifically for the situation in which the city found itself at the moment.

Both the king of Barok and the dominion were now in a game of time. The dominion had precious little time to bring the city to its knees. Food and supplies would run low and the six thousand men and dawi assembled for this invasion were bleeding the region dry of natural resources at a frightening rate. If Barok could withhold the siege for long enough, then the attackers would need to break their siege, return home and dismantle their army, lest this war cost more than the Dominion was willing to pay. And that was only one way the King of Barok could ensure his continued independence, the trade fleet of the besieged city had set sail for its neighbouring nations, begging for aid at any price. Before long, an ambitious foreign power would perhaps send aid, or even a powerful mercenary band, looking to earn a fortune at lifting the siege of the city.

But all this does not mean the dominion does not have its own tricks up its sleeve...

ACTIONS:
Commence siege of the wealthy port city of Barok (NPC).
Build and deploy siege engines against the city of Barok(NPC).
Last edited by Tysklandia on Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse