NATION

PASSWORD

Young Bloods(IC, Reboot Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Turmenista
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Turmenista » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:15 am

NASA Deep Space Tracking Lab
    California

A fresh member member of NASA's new, high-tech Deep Space Tracking Network, Miles Kaye often spent his hours "working" in the observatory, which mostly meant playing the occasional "battle royale MMO" or "flight simulator game", on his dual monitor computer. He often, if not always, had his first desk monitor — which he played games on — linked to a switch underneath his desk, allowing him to easily and quickly turn it off if a superior walked by, while he kept the NASA remote-control system linked up with his own little space probe out in space on one side of his desk. Meanwhile, with his gaming computer hidden under the table linked to an otherwise nondescript black mechanical keyboard on the other side of his desk, Miles had the second monitor on at all times, giving him the live visual feed on the Hercules VII Satellite, a small research probe that he was assigned to.

This system that he had of jumping between playing games and manning the probe was to make the Senior Workers respect him for "working" productively, allowing him to keep his job, and his games. The Hercules, currently orbiting Jupiter, was on a routine and automated orbital burn with its sensors array extended, while he was busy pummeling zombies on his game.

The spacecraft suddenly sent out a ping, alerting Kaye about a notification that needed to be addressed. Kaye quickly exited the game and slid over to the second monitor on his wheeled office chair, typing in commands as the scanner booted up.

"If this is an alien, I am so getting a raise," he thought to himself, booting up the camera and sensor. The satellite reoriented itself towards the ping as its camera was pointed straight at the orange monster of a planet, its scanner furiously alerting Kaye about an unidentified anomaly right in front of them. The only problem was, he actually couldn't see the anomaly. Kaye typed in some more code, about to take a chomp from his cheeseburger, when he paused, mid bite.

There was a flash in front of the screen as the camera feed went static for a few moments. Holy shit. Holy shit.. He could hardly keep himself from repeating it in his head, standing up in awe as his burger fell back down into the paper bag. He didn't really care, for he was trying to figure out what the hell just landed on his satellite. "Did I just-"

"Fuck up?" A Senior Worker, Fred, who worked in the booth behind him, finished his sentence for him. He and Kaye were basically the only people who got here early, and were the last to leave when their shift was over. Thus, they were constantly at neck and neck, with Fred always snooping around trying to one-up Kaye's apparently good record. Lucky for the junior worker, Kaye had already shut off the game monitor well before Fred arrived, so this was probably another one of his attempts to steal the spotlight. "Sorry for the language, kid, I just had to finish what you were about to say." He stepped on over to Kaye's workstation, arms behind his back. "From the looks of it, it's the usual- Playing that Battle Royale shit, as usual. Tch. You got another bullshit excuse on not doing your work and-" He stopped, noticing what was on the sensors. "What exactly am I looking at, Kid?"

"Something just hit the Hercules and —" Kaye stopped, looking at his own screen in a mixture of horror and shock. The remote-control system screen had begun to glitch out, filled with visions from the news, internet, and online encyclopedias which flashed across the screen like a flipbook, whilst the camera flickered in and out of control. Something black passed over the screen for a moment before the camera feed eventually shut off, giving him a "FEED LOST - KIA" plastered across the screen. "The Hell?"

"Well, that's a discovery." Fred sarcastically said. "It's a game you haven't played yet. I'll be sure to let the boss know.."

"Wait, Frank, wait!" Kaye insisted as the senior researcher stepped out of the room. "Don't you get it? Aliens just hacked my computer you idiot! They're coming, and you're trying to get me fired for playing games And— and if you saw the feed, that was a space object, man! Space objects don't slow down! The freaking aliens hacked my computer!"

Frank turned around, sneering at his colleague. "Sure they did, and they're coming to kill us all. Don't try to make me laugh."

The Moon
    Unidentified Spaceship

THE TABLE'S FLIPPED, NOW WE GOT ALL THE COCONUTS, BIIATCH ///
II
WE CAME TO BLOW YOUR SYSTEEEM YOU KNOW WHAT IM SAYIN ///
II
I JUST DIED IN YOUR ARMS TONIGHT ///

"PLEX. HUMAN MUSIC FRIGHTENS ME. These are truly the sounds of humans torturing machines. PERHAPS this is why our Master sent us here."

CORE's arm morphed back into its blocky base form, dropping the satellite to the floor of the spacecraft. Wire-like tendrils from his arm that had previously been connected to the salvaged human probe drew back into his arm as he pointed his arm at the fallen object, morphing it into a cannon. Their journey had taken them through space at the speed of light, where they soon slowed down to half that speed upon entering the Sol system, a backwater system in the Milky Way galaxy. There, they'd captured a scout probe near the gas giant of Jupiter, assessed it of data, and were now using it to boost their own signal to assess the planet of Earth, their destination.

Human music, by far, had to be the most terrifying thing on this planet.

"Oh, brother." PLEX moved in beside his compatriot, eyeing the object on the floor before turning his gaze up to his brother. "Methinks you are overreacting. 7.6 Billion Humans live on this planet. This pales in comparison to Microbes. According to scans, It is estimated that the oceans of this planet contain about 2.4 × 1028 microorganisms of the SAR11 variation. Humans are only a tiny sliver in comparison."

"BUT they are DANGEROUS," CORE insisted to his brother. "THESE HUMANS torture machines and record it for THEIR pleasure"

"I disagree. It seems Greek to me." He paused. "Is that a h-h-h-human joke?"

"IT WAS NOT FUNNY. NOR IS THEIR MUSIC."

"Nor are you, brother."

"THEN, let's AGREE to DISAGREE. THIS petty argument is getting US NOWHERE." CORE mused, marching over to the control console alongside his brother. The screen in front of them became active after it beeped, transforming from mere simple pixels of a nondescript picture into a full display of the planet, its geological schematics, and, thanks to the use of the drone, its media. News outlets reported sightings of "superheroes", seemingly powerful humans gifted with powers beyond their comprehension. They just had to wonder — were these "powers" brought about by natural means like genetics, or unnatural means, such as cybernetics? Regardless of the answer, they knew that whatever called Earth home was packing a lot of power for their size.

"SUPERHEROES, SUPERHEROES, SUPERHEROES," CORE chimed on and on like a parrot. "DO YOU SEE, brother? From my scans of the probe and human media dating back 10,000 units, there are MORE to these humans than meets the eye. THEY ARE DANGEROUS. UNPREDICTABLE. CUNNING. BRUTAL. These HUMANS now have the power to ERASE ENTIRE CITIES with the push of a button, WAGE WAR FROM AFAR and destroy armies as if they were nothing, and more. WITH THE ADDITION OF THESE SUPERHEROES, their destructive capability increases HUNDREDFOLD. If THESE ORGANISMS were to reach Alcyoneus...—"

"Then they would a threat to its survival on the scale of the Synchronous themselves, brother," PLEX nodded in agreement. "Eliminating the threat to Alcyoneus is our most dire priority."

CORE leaned up from the command console slowly, turning to his brother as if there were a glimmer of hope in the situation. The whole conversation had taken place within seconds, but CORE already knew the odds were looking good their favor. "BUT, BROTHER, A STATEMENT OF REASSURANCE: YOU SEEM TO BE FORGETTING that WE have that destructive capability ourselves."

"Indeed, CORE," PLEX shaped his own arm into an arm-cannon, watching the planet become larger and larger on their screen. "If there are superheroes on this planet, then we shall hunt."

Northwest Slobovia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 16, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Northwest Slobovia » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:04 pm

Sam Croft/Blizzard
Wyatt's Room, Young Bloods Tower
July 9th, 10AM-ish, Comic Book Standard Time

The Republic of Atria wrote:"Alexis can probably whip something up that'll help, if she's not super busy. I'll talk to her later and see what she can come up with."

"Sounds good. Since I'm already going to look for Wendy, I'll see if I bump into her as well."

The Republic of Atria wrote:"They're magic books, yeah. [...]

Sam cocked his head and looked thoughful for a moment. "Magic seems like such a potent force, yet most of us are completely ignorant of it... like the Dark Ages, when people were unaware of the power of electricity, chemistry, or half a dozen other things we take for granted now."

The Republic of Atria wrote:"His name is Kaban, he's basically immortal and insanely strong. [...] You can't miss him unless you're actually blind, he looks like me, except with white scales and is a good foot and a half taller than me at the very least. [...] If we get caught, he can go in and make a mess to cover our escape."

"Good choice for back up, but..." Sam gave Wyatt a puzzled look "'Can't miss him'? He's a Young Blood too? Either way, I'd like to meet him."
Gollum died for your sins.
Power is an equal-opportunity corrupter.

The Fallen Jedi
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Fallen Jedi » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:03 pm

Asumar Masaki
Warwolf Facility, San Diego

For all of his experiences, Asumar came to eventually realize that human nature was something along the lines of a double edged sword. He had been watching the besieged Warwolf Facility for quite some time, a bored expression on his face as a group of super humans raided said facility. While he did question the actions of the Governor of California, the Mayor of San Diego and the Federal Judges in allowed a Private Military Corporation to become the new police force of an entire city, he could not lie about the results it was bringing. While some of the higher profile criminals had fled underground, the efforts of Warwolf would assure that the network of underlings they had gathered would have to be build up. Yet at the same time, Asumar came to realize that knew that as soon as Warwolf left the city, crime rates would return back to what they had been before the arrival of the mercenary group. "It's like a game of chicken really, except with civil rights and public opinion being the game changer in the long run." From what he had learned during his time in the Aquila Galaxy, Asumar acknowledged that all beings desired freedom, restricting some of those rights over time would eventually result in unrest and anarchy, as shown by the Age of Barbarism that Asumar came to call it.

"If only Kazuko could see this now, he'd probably wouldn't be happy." Although Asumar figured it wasn't as bad as pilliaging and mass murder for no particular reason. From low altitude could the elder Masaki hear the rapid approach of a futuristic-looking helicopter towards the Warwolf Facility. It appeared as if the battle was beginning to take a turn for the better and fortunately Warwolf did not seem to either notice him or pay any heed to a humanoid standing atop a building roof. Figuring that this raid would take some time to end, Asumar brought out his smartphone, browsing the internet while simply waiting for the battle to reach the outside once again.
Last edited by The Fallen Jedi on Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:34 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Founded: May 17, 2014
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:03 am

Renata Martinez, the heroic Stella!

A glass of Fanta only made her feel nominally better, apparently - what helped much more was getting a few moments of time alone to not think about the stupid game and clear out her head. The fantasies of melting the entire game and the console which ran it dissipated just as quickly as the controller might have had she been more aggressive. Scott took her seat and controller, and judging from how little she saw of his reactions and the television screen, he was doing somewhat better than her. Just perfect.

However, while sitting at the large and wide table of snacks and looking across the room, Renata noticed a big problem. She was far from the only person dousing off while the others played Mario Kart. The limited number of players that the game could have meant that everyone else was just sitting around, either waiting for their turn, chatting or spending time alone. Nathan was gone completely - maybe he couldn't bear the party and decided to leave? Renata had no plans to search for him or try to find out where he has gone, but she knew she had to do something about the situation this party was heading.

"Hey, so..." she spoke, walking up to the people playing Mario Kart. "I'd hate to sound annoying on a birthday party... but have you guys considered playing something else, which more than a few people could play at once? It's just that half of the party is kind of having a snooze right now... Maybe a round of truth or dare, or something?"

AnxIETy cafE wrote:Warwolf Facility

The Great Floyd Tolson!

Floyd responded to Nathan's comment with a snicker. "Well life is not going to fart at you and grant you your powers back, neither will I - so work on that." he shot back, then turned his focus back towards the Warwolf officer, who was currently busy with trying to stand up. You can only hope that Nathan will get the message and try to do something to actually make himself useful.

And not, for example, try to shoot himself in the foot. Nah, Floyd was sure that he was smart enough to handle that.

"I would have imagined that you would have used this moment of opportunity to flee, but no, you seem to have some sort of death wish." the officer muttered, his voice screaming in kilometer-sized letters that he was done with Floyd's shit. The swordsman's smirk widened in response.

"Man, what would life be without having a death wish? A boring one, that's for sure." Floyd spoke, waving his sword a little bit before moving into a fighting stance.

"Fine by me."

Instead of charging in with his vibroblade or putting up a defense like a normal person would do, the officer pressed a button on his thigh, a dart shooting out from his armored shoulder as a result. Floyd instinctively moved forward to try to slice it in half, but that proved to be a mistake, because the moment his sword's blade touched the pellet, a heavy electric shock slammed across his body, blowing him away and sending him crashing to the ground, spine first.

Bloody cocksucker! the swordsman exclaimed in his mind, rolling to the right moments before the officer slammed into the piece of ground he was lying on, the vibroblade cutting through dirt like it was coffee paper. The Warwolf soldier had no plans to just let Floyd stand up or counterattack, however - he swiftly pulled out his weapon and began relentlessly attacking after Floyd, who kept rolling and sliding across the ground to gain some distance only for the officer to catch up to him again, in a weird reenactment of whack-a-mole. The officer won this round, however, by changing up his tactics and using his foot, successfully slamming it into the swordsman's torso, pinning him down to the ground.

"Don't even bother to ask for mercy, I'm so done with you." he muttered, raising his vibroblade, about to drop it and turn Floyd's face into mush. However, with this maneuver, he made one, fatal, mistake - leaving the foot he was stomping with undefended. Floyd caught this flaw in the enemy's stance almost instantly - moments later, a sudden slash cleanly cut through the officer's lower leg armor and bone. The Warwolf soldier screamed, losing balance immediately and falling on his butt, now with his right leg reduced to a stump.

"Usually, I'm not into killing my opponents, I like to let them live, build up anger and skills so they can challenge me again..." Floyd muttered, standing up and, just in case, stomping his foot on the officer's right hand, crushing the palm and the handle of the vibroblade with it, and only making the agonizing scream stronger. "But, truth be told, I'm about as done with you as you are done with me."

What followed was Floyd slashing his sword into the disarmed enemy's shoulder, cutting through much of the torso before the combination of bone, flesh and power armor stopped the blade in its tracks. Still, it appears that it managed to puncture the aorta, because the officer dropped dead instantly, and the blade was now coated in a nice dark shade of red.

Before he got the chance to sheath his weapon and go after some of the scattered grunts, Floyd heard a very familiar chopping sound coming from the distance. A helicopter, with a Warwolf logo plastered on the chassis, was coming to the fray, clearly informed about the raid on the facility by some of the surviving grunts. It was shining its spotlight into the swordsman's eyes, forcing him to raise his left hand to block the incoming light.

Helicopters are such a chore to deal with. There wasn't all that much Floyd could climb to get closer anywhere in the battlefield, and his ranged capabilities honestly suck. Hold on a moment. The kid! The kid is in the watch tower, likely with some weapons stored inside. Shoot, why didn't Floyd think of this before?

"Hey, kid, have you got anything to take that chopper down with?" Floyd exclaimed, turning his face towards the watch tower. "Are you listening to me, kid?"

Turmenista wrote:
    Johnny Swift

The Great Floyd Tolson!

Clearly, either Floyd was starting to grow rusty in his speed department or Johnny was just that fast, because by the time he managed to catch up to the speeding van, the youngster had apparently had enough time to run up to it, get inside, fuck up and get dropped back. Well, at least that is what Floyd could make out from the blurry sight of the truck and Johnny's ordeal there, as well as his follow-up statement about one guy scaring him. He even had the balls to offer them both to just head home.

An angry mosquito could scare a wuss like Johnny and that doesn't make an angry mosquito something to run away from. Not that mosquitoes aren't dicks and shouldn't all get eradicated.

In response to Johnny's offer, Floyd let out a sigh and replied:

"What's wrong, McFly? Chicken?"

Moving to a swift low start, Floyd decided to take the initiative this time and ran after the van. Sure, Johnny was scared of one or more of the guys there, but Johnny doesn't know shit. These are teenagers. You could give them the highest level of reality warping and they could still be defeated without problem without the experience to back it up. At least that's how Floyd saw this whole ordeal.

As soon as he got close enough to be able to make out individual wheels, the swordsman suddenly enhanced his eyesight and balance senses, pulled out his sword, then chucked that son of a bitch forward like a boomerang, aiming to strike one of their wheels and put them out of commission.
I have a severe case of addiction to writing. At least 3k words every day is my fix.

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

Agritum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Agritum » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:07 pm

Ellery Bastion - Shadowkill

Elle instantly tossed her Switch controller away, sending Waluigi off to a screaming death in the black void of Rainbow Road. Renata had appeared to be quite insufferable, in their first introduction. Their shared, checkered past didn't really help. Even then, the Ecuadoran's suggestion had tickled a sense of interest in the vigilante sidekick.

"I'm game, Renata. It's not like I have anything to hide, eheh."

The group sat around the now lifeless Fanta bottle. Elle didn't quite recall who had spun it in the first place.

"...Uh, Dare."

For that matter, Elle didn't exactly recall the exact phrasing of her dare, other than it was about getting an ice cube in Renata's mouth. She couldn't use her hands, or feet for that matter.

The hoodied teen took a fresh cube from the bowl of punch on the nearby refreshments table, swallowing it in the blink of an eye. The easiest part was done, now the awkward things. Elle leaned next to Renata, her eyes lifeless, before planting the side of her lips on the Ecuadoran's own ones. Before everyone else, her pink tongue started pushing the cube into the the other classmate's lips, dangerously threatening to enter Renata's mouth.

"Nnnnnhhh."

United Kingdom of Poland
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 08, 2012
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby United Kingdom of Poland » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:08 pm

“Well I can always ask if you want me too. It might help cover what we’re really planning to do. Lord knows my feelings for you are one of the few things I’m not good at hiding, and I haven’t exactly been quiet about my thoughts on Warwolf. Naja won’t think anything of it if I tell her I’m dragging you around the mall to go clothes shopping or see a movie.”

At that moment, Kiris walked over to Wendy and Roy. “Hey Kiris." Wendy replied. "Nice job setting everything up with this party.”

Zarkenis Ultima
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 22, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Zarkenis Ultima » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:18 pm

July 16th
San Diego

The young sorcerer sat tensely in front of a desk, eyes tightly shut as he devoted all of his focus to the visions taking place inside of his mind. Hazy images of austere white corridors, sophisticated laboratories and enormous storage rooms full of strange artifacts and chemicals rolled one after another, some of them familiar and some of them completely new, each of them appearing as blurry and suddenly acquiring an impressive sharpness before fading away as more presented themselves in front of his mind's eye. With his full concentration set firmly on these images, the boy devoted each and every one of them to memory, spotting and contrasting the details in each of them to form a larger, fuller, more comprehensive image inside of his head.

Suddenly, all of these visions vanished as the sorcerer opened his eyes, the ever so familiar, oppressive and yet slightly comforting presence of mundane reality settling in as the physical world appeared in front of him. The first thing he saw was a desk in front of him, a sketchbook sitting on top of it and displaying the half-finished sketch of the map of some sort of building. Once he had grown adjusted to the physical world, the boy wasted no time in grabbing the pencil lying by the side of the sketchbook and finishing the map, swift and precise movements quickly filling in all the gaps and adding several details that the sketch lacked until, at last, it was complete.

Now finished with his present task, Adrian took a moment to look through a few other pages of the sketchbook. On it, similar blueprints could be seen, all of them seemingly depicting various floors or areas of a single building, forming a complete map of the facility. Satisfied with his work, he closed the sketchbook and placed one hand on it, some of the symbols on his heavily tattooed arm lighting up with an arcane glow as he concentrated. Above the desk, an image appeared, a tridimensional representation of the facility he was planning to assault, lacking any identifying features but possessing all of the details outlined in the blueprints. Seeing the result of his efforts, the sorcerer smiled.

You ought to be careful not to abuse the gift of astral divination for your purposes, my dear one. After all, if you take a single step too far, who knows where you might end up? Spoke the sultry voice of a female inside of Adrian's mind, a peculiar otherworldly quality to it. The boy simply frowned.

"Be silent, fiend." He muttered, his voice bitter.

A few paces away from him, relaxing on the couch that the group had confiscated from Jack Scar's cronies during their brief scuffle a few days prior, was Lucas, leaning back on his seat and leafing through an old first aid manual that his mother had gifted him years ago, brushing up on his skills and knowledge for lack of something better to do. Hearing his friend suddenly speak up, however, the vampire looked up from the pages of his book and glanced in Adrian's direction. "Something up, Hex?" He asked casually. In response, the white-haired boy simply shook his head.

"No, it's nothing at all." He stated, standing up and grabbing his sketchbook before turning around, holding it up for Beast to see. "But, in other news, everything went well and I've finished my investigations. I have a perfect map of the whole building right here, including the locations of our prize and other important targets. As soon as Ghost comes back, we can go over then plan and then-" The sorcerer spoke, only to be cut short as a crackling noise echoed within the room. Lucas extended a hand towards a nearby table, and a walkie-talkie flew right towards it.

"Pizza Hut, how may I help you?" The young vampire spoke into the radio, eliciting a sigh from the other side.

"That is not, never was, and never will be funny, mon chéri." Stated the voice speaking from the other side of the radio, earning a snicker from Lucas, before Adrian snatched the walkie-talkie away from him.

"Ghost, what is it? Are you coming back soon?" He asked, Lucas scooting closer after his little joke to hear the answer.

"That depends on your choices, fearless leader." The girl stated. "After we kicked those drug dealers out of our little hideout, you said you didn't want any other groups or organizations nosing around our territory, correct? Does that apply to Warwolf as well?" She asked, giving them a pause to think it over, the two boys glancing at each other wordlessly. "Because one of their patrols just so happens to be on our turf, headed in the direction of our den. What do you want me to do?"

Adrian thought for several seconds about this, before giving a mental shrug and speaking into the walkie-talkie. "Keep tailing them if you can, and wait for us to get there. Our operation is nigh anyway, so it's about time we give these people a name they can fear." The sorcerer spoke, glancing over at the vampire, who nodded, donning his mask.

It was time for the Cabal to ride out.

"Charlie 1 here, everything seems quiet. We'll continue combing the area. Over." The armored soldier said over the radio as he continued to drive through the scarcely populated neighborhood, vigilant eyes constantly scanning the road for any threats or any sort of suspicious behavior. While it was true that his patrol had been quiet so far, San Diego was a den of crime and superhuman activity, so it would pay to keep his eyes open.

Suddenly, some distance in front of the Humvee, an eruption of what appeared to be purple flames appeared out of thin air. The soldier slammed the brakes, earning a few curses from his comrades in the back seat; however, as the others saw what was going on, the three soldiers quickly dismounted the vehicle, with the driver quickly grabbing the radio.

"This is Charlie 1, potential hostiles detected at our location. Requesting backup. Over." He spoke over the radio. Bursts of purple fire were far from common in San Diego, and even if they were equipped with state of the art armor and weapons designed to counter superhumans, it didn't hurt to be cautious. Upon receiving confirmation from two nearby patrols, the driver got off the Humvee as well, joining his fellow Warwolf footsoldiers as they approached the disturbance. As the flames dissipated, the men saw two teenagers appear in the strange fire's wake, both facing them with their arms crossed. The first had a black mask dotted with arcane symbols covering his face, while the second, taller than the first, wore a domino mask with a vampire aesthetic.

"Stand down. You will be detained for disturbing public order." The driver of the Humvee stated.

Normally, that would've been the moment at which the soldiers pulled out their weapons and trained them on the two troublemakers. However, as they reached down to grab either their guns or their handheld power dampeners, they would be met with thin air, the sound of their weapons tumbling to the ground soon reaching their ears. Confused, some of the soldiers quickly reached down to retrieve them, while others stared at the two teenagers, but it was all to no avail, as with a flick of the wrist, the one with the vampiric mask pulled in all of the weapons before the soldiers could retrieve them.

"Too slow, Mr. Bad Cop." The boy teased. Meanwhile, his ally extended an arm covered in tattoos towards the Warwolf operatives, the ink marks seemingly shifting around, forming a strange pattern that began glowing with a strange energy all of the sudden. The sorcerer then clenched his fist, and the asphalt beneath the soldiers' feet suddenly rose up, forming giant fists that gripped their bodies tightly, not allowing them to move a finger.

"You shouldn't have come here." He spoke.

Needless to say, the driver realized, all too late, that they had been set up real bad. Resistance to their arrival wasn't something unexpected, of course, but this group appeared to be exceptionally well-prepared to face them, and he could only hope that the other two patrols arrived quickly; the element of surprise would not be as effective against them, so they were their only hope of getting out of whatever these strangers had in mind for them.

Soon enough, two other Humvees approached, and though the driver couldn't turn around to look, he could hear the sound of their engines, and smiled underneath the helmet.

"Beast, take care of that." The sorcerer commanded, and the vampire complied wordlessly, walking past the asphalt prisons to face the approaching Warwolf operatives. But the driver did not let their confident attitude get to him. Surely a single boy wouldn't be able to face off against two whole patrols by himself without the element of surprise, would he?

The sound of men and women screaming and of two large vehicles being flung through the air quickly put an end to the grunt's hopes, and he could only watch in shock as the one called Beast casually walked back to stand beside the one who had trapped them in giant fists of asphalt.

"Who the hell are you?" He questioned, doing the only thing that he could do at this point: talk.

"Hmm? Seriously, you walk into our turf uninvited and you don't even know who we are? Talk about impolite." The boy with the domino mask stated, a wide smirk on his face. He knew that they didn't actually have a reputation or a name that could claim the area as their own, but that was about to change.

"We are the Cabal." The sorcerer stated solemnly. Next to him, another figure appeared, a girl this time, looking as if she had been there all along. Young and attractive, she had most of her face covered by a mask styled after a skull but lacking the mouth area, and held a futuristic-looking rifle in her hands, not entirely unlike the more advanced weapons developed by Warwolf, though with a different aesthetic.

"And you're toast." The girl said casually, pointing the weapon at the driver. "Bonne nuit."

Warwolf patrols flooded the area, much too late to apprehend the aggressors, but still on time to retrieve their defeated comrades and tend to those that had been wounded, some of them presenting severe trauma, their power armor completely fried. As the soldiers dismounted, they were met with quite a sight: besides several knocked out Warwolf operatives strewn across the area and two flipped over, nearly destroyed vehicles in addition to a single abandoned one, there were several caricaturized versions of Warwolf's logo with swords or arrows sticking out of them practically burned into the walls. Far more prominently, a large symbol had been etched into the asphalt below the fists that still held four Warwolf operatives captive: three masks clustered together, one akin to a vampire, another akin to a ghost, and the last one adorned with arcane markings. The masks of the members of the Cabal.

That day, on the street of San Diego, three youths declared war on the hosts of Warwolf.
Last edited by Zarkenis Ultima on Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hello! I'm your friendly neighborhood roleplayer cat. If you need any help, send me a TG and I'll see what I can do!
P2TM Community Discussion Thread

Tomia
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 13, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Tomia » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:07 pm

United Kingdom of Poland wrote:Wendy

Zarkenis Ultima wrote:Kiris

"Aw, that's really sweet Wendy." Roy said with a smile. "Ya you're probably right. She won't really care if it's just a regular date." He agreed with her before he saw Kiris approaching them.

"Hey Kiris!" He said, returning the Hadrian girl's enthusiasm. "The party has been a lot of fun, thanks for organizing all of it. I've never seen Mars this happy and I think Wyatt really needed this pick me up." He said sincerely. Looking around he noticed one of those store bought balloons that was tied to a nearby table. It was one of the those silver balloons that read "Happy Birthday!!" on the front in a multicolored font. He suddenly got a fun idea.

"Hey Kiris, you want to see something funny?" He asked before quickly untying the balloon and taking it into his hands. He then carefully untied the bottom of the balloon before taking it to his lips and inhaling deeply.

"Take me to your leader". Roy said after a moment, his voice high pitch and squeaky thanks to the helium in the balloon. He hoped that would get a laugh out of Kiris and Wendy.

Finland SSR wrote:Truth or Dare

Agritum wrote:]Elle

Then everyone had began playing truth or dare and Roy decided to participate, as well as Mars. Both seemed hesitant, but it could be a fun bonding activity if executed correctly. Frostbite didn't want to play at all but the others had eventually pushed her into it. However the first dare, Roy frowned and he could tell a few people around him were a little uncomfortable. Mars was included here, he clearly didn't know this was the kind of game they were going to play.

"Alright everyone, I'm going to have to put my foot down here." Roy said to the team. "Let's not do anything extreme like that last dare that would make people uncomfortable. This is just a friendly game here for fun alright?" Most of the team nodded around him, a few looking pretty relieved that ground rules were established.

Roy took a turn spinning the bottle and it landed on Kiris.

"Truth or Dare Kiris?" Roy asked her.

She thought about the question for moment before responding.

"Truth"

Roy nodded, feeling like that was the safer option for the moment anyway. He tried to think of an interesting question and then something popped into his mind.

"What kind of villain would like to fight the least and why?"

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:22 pm

Agritum wrote:Ellery Bastion - Shadowkill

Tomia wrote:Roy asking out Kiris

I... may have made a mistake.

Yeah, what's wrong with sitting down next to Ellery, an another newbie, while setting up the game of truth and dare? Oh, what about the bottle turning to Elle and some prankster deciding that it would be a super cool idea to have her babybird feed Renata an ice cube? That sounds like something wrong.

In her mind, Renata could have done anything to prevent this from taking place. She could have fired a laser to the stack of ice cubes on the table and melt them all in a single sweep, she could have flashbanged the entire circle and ran as far away as possible... But no, she took a few breaths, calmed down and decided to take it like a chump.

That prankster will get to pay for that later, outside of the company of the entire team.

As soon as Ellery began pushing the ice cube into Renata's mouth with her tongue, getting dangerously close to turning this into a French kiss, Renata gnawed on the cube with her teeth and pulled out faster than a speeding bullet. Then spit the remains of the ice cube - it was melting faster and faster due to her innate radiation - into a nearby garbage bin and shuddered.

"It was like ash in my mouth..." Renata muttered to herself, referring to her and Ellery's "kiss". Please... please don't call it a kiss. Wasting your first kiss on god damn Ellery would be a shame she could never live with. Roy suddenly intervened and placed his foot down, declaring that from now on, everyone should think twice before asking extreme dates like these. Renata folded her arms and frowned.

Intervening when the damage has already been done, a tale as old as time.

Well, at least everyone was probably sufficiently scared of saying "Dare" now.
Last edited by Finland SSR on Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have a severe case of addiction to writing. At least 3k words every day is my fix.

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

Tomia
Post Marshal

New York Times Democracy

Postby Tomia » Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:56 pm

July 18th, San Diego
Despite his doubts Mars had followed Alexis’ instructions, dressing up in the dress pants and dress shirt that he had worn the school dance he had recently attended. He was wearing a tie as well, which wasn’t his favorite choice but he felt like it went well with Alexis’ suggestion. The boy genius wasn’t sure he was comfortable with being set up like this, he was even a little bit concerned that it was a prank. However he trusted that Alexis wouldn’t do something mean like that. He didn’t know what kind of date this was going to be, but he had a feeling who he would be going on it with.

If it’s someone else there might be big problems. He thought to himself amusingly.

The park he was in was fairly large and well populated. It held a few fields for people to play soccer or football on, though Mars never really understood people who played sports. He was fine with working out as that served a purpose, however throwing balls around to score imaginary points seemed pointless to him. He sat down at a nearby metal bench under the shadow of a tree, across the way he could see a group of school children playing around him on a nearby playground. Now he was just waiting for his mysterious date to show up.

“Mars, hi!” Came a sudden voice calling out to him, one that had an unmistakable accent and was all too familiar to him. He smiled slightly upon finding out that his suspicions about his partner had been true, and then looked around a bit to try to spot the girl, to no avail. After a moment, he realized the voice had been coming from above, and leaned to the side slightly as he looked up to see where exactly his date was.

At that exact moment, Kirisvala partially dropped down, apparently hanging upside down from a particularly low-hanging branch of the tree above, which was close enough to the park bench. “Up here, dummy!” She said with her ever-present cheerful demeanor, an amused smile on her lips. Their faces were nearly touching after she dropped down, so Mars quickly backed away from her, blushing brightly. She didn’t seem to notice what was wrong, simply tilting her head at him, upside down as she was. “You humans ought to look up more often.” She stated.

“Uh hi Kiris!” He said, still a little thrown off by her surprise entrance. “Humans don’t really tend to climb trees. You know, we’re not exactly built for it. Small fingers and all.” He said, wiggling the fingers on his left hand as to prove the point. The alien girl giggled, amused by the gesture, and then shook her head at Mars.

“I know that silly! But there’s other reasons to look up. Besides, I’d buy that more if I didn’t know that your people like climbin’ mountains just for braggin’ rights.” She replied, giving a smug little upside-down shrug. Afterwards, her eyes gave Mars a quick once over, and curiosity appeared on her face. “By the way, why are you dressed like that? You look like you’re goin’ to a ball or somethin’.” She asked, her face suddenly lighting up after a moment. “Oh, wait! Did Lexi tell you to come here too?”

Mars started to think Kiris hadn’t really been filled in on what was happening. He also had a feeling that Alexis was messing with him when she had told him to dress up. Realizing that Kiris wasn’t really dressed up at all made him feel self conscious and he started fiddling with his tie aimlessly.

“Uh ya she did. She said she had something special planned for us. You know… like a date.” He added a bit nervously, he wasn’t sure Kiris was actually aware that this was a date after all.

While she had been acting no different from usual so far, when Mars mentioned that what Alexis had planned out for them was a date, her face turned beet red; if one was particularly imaginative, it wasn’t hard to envision steam coming out of her ears and rising towards the rest of her body, since she was still upside down. “A-a-a-a date?” She stuttered. “S-she didn’t mention anything like that…”

Alexis you’re the worst Mars thought to himself silently, sighing internally at the mess he’d now created. Even though he was worried about having had embarrassed Kiris, he had to admit that she was very cute when she blushed and got all flustered like that.

“Well ya, at least that’s how she explained it to me.” He said sheepishly, blushing as well. “But if that makes you uncomfortable, it doesn’t have to be. We can just be two friends, hanging out.” He added quickly as to not pressure her. “I really wouldn’t mind.”

Kirisvala looked to the side a little, thinking over Mars’ words a little before shaking her head, still blushing brightly. “Um… no, it’s fine.” She mumbled, her voice suddenly rather quiet. “I don’t… I don’t mind having a date with you.” She admitted. Truth be told, a part of her was actually rather happy that a friend had set her up for spending some time outside of the tower with Mars; ever since that moment they shared at the San Pharmaceuticals basement she had been craving to spend more time with him, but was hard pressed to find excuses.

At the same time, even though she had gathered up the courage to go and give him a kiss during his birthday, it was still somewhat embarrassing to think about herself being on a date with him. But now that they were here, she certainly wasn’t going to back off.

“Okay cool...:” Mars replied, now it was his turn to be flustered at the idea that Kiris was okay with being on a date with him. Mars had never actually been on a date before, especially not with a girl who wasn’t from his planet. But despite the two of them being so different, Mars was amazed at how easy Kiris was for him to talk to. He just hoped the awkwardness he felt would pass at some point, he didn’t want to be her stumbling shy love interest forever after all.

“Well I wonder what Alexis planned for us.” He said trying to pick the conversation back up. “Knowing her she probably has something elaborate and outrageous set up.” He said, only half joking. He honestly wouldn’t have been surprised if Alexis had replaced all the birds in the park with robot cameras and was watching them from her lab at that very moment.

The Hadrian gave a little chuckle at the comment, though she secretly hoped that what Mars said wasn’t true. After all, something that flashy in the middle of the park wasn’t likely to be a very private thing, and despite being a fairly social person, she wasn’t too great at handling lots of attention, especially not when she was still a little flustered at going out with the boy she fancied.

Still, whatever the techie had planned, they probably wouldn’t escape it at this point, so she decided to just try to enjoy the time she spent with him. Dropping down from the tree, she landed on a handstand and then gracefully flipped over to stand on her feet before turning around to face Mars. Not having been told to dress up all fancy like him, she was wearing a rather simple outfit: a tight-fitting red cotton top similar to a tank-top but with press studs at the shoulders securing the garment, and a pair of jeans with a hole in them for her tail to poke out unrestrained. Still blushing, but now with a smile on her face, the alien girl crossed her arms behind her back and looked at Mars somewhat shyly.

“How do I look?”

Mars watched as Kiris impressively dropped down from the tree before flipping over so she was once again right side up. In that moment he couldn’t help but appreciate how attractive she was, blushing at the thought. He felt guilty for thinking that way of his friend and teammate, but it wasn’t something he could help.

“You look really good Kiris.” Mars said sincerely. “And uh, that was a really cool handstand.” He added, realizing he might have been blowing another opportunity to compliment her he backtracked.

“Pretty and talented is a pretty awesome combination.” He said, hoping he didn’t sound like an idiot. Rather than laugh at his awkward comments, however, the Hadrian beamed at the compliments, evidently quite pleased to hear that her crush thought she was pretty.

“Thanks!” She replied happily, before sitting down on the bench, next to the boy, though she didn’t feel confident enough to scoot up close to him yet. “Um, you look very handsome yourself, Mars! Pretty elegant and all that stuff.” She said with no less sincerity than he had while complimenting her earlier. “And you’re pretty smart too… that’s another awesome combination, right?” She added afterwards, a little grin on her face.

After spending several moments sitting together and enjoying each other’s company, however, the two teens felt that perhaps something was amiss, and looked at each other, with Kirisvala being the first to speak. “Um… you said Lexi had somethin’ prepared for us, right? So… what now?” She asked. She certainly wouldn’t have minded just staying on the bench, conversing with him and enjoying his closeness, but she had the feeling that dates were supposed to involve something more.

Mars didn’t get to answer the question, though, because when he was about to say something another person came along. It was an adult man with brown hair, wearing an apron and pushing around a little cart. “You’re the friends of the tiny blonde girl, yeah? A guy hanging out with an alien girl? Kind of hard to miss.” The man spoke, before pulling two disposable trays out of his cart, each of them bearing one mean monster of a hot dog. “Special delivery. She also asked me to give you this.” He told the two teens, before handing Mars another paper slip like the one Alexis had given him that afternoon, as well as a small envelope. “Enjoy your day!” He said, and then began walking away with his hot dog cart before they had a chance to say anything to him.

Mars stared at the hot dogs for a moment, they were easily the biggest hot dogs he had ever seen. He had a feeling Alexis had these made special to sate Kiris’ incredible Hadrian appetite. Even the Hotdog guy is in on this Mars thought amusedly.

He didn’t even get a chance to say thank you before the vendor had already moved on. Instead he turned his attention to the paper and the envelope.

Hey Mars, hope you liked your surprise! Here’s some money for you and Kiris, why not go head and take Kiris over to the Zoo? I’ve heard they’ve fixed it up nice since the incident, I’m sure it’ll be fun!

Mars read the letter and looked inside the envelope to discover Alexis had in fact given them money to spend.

“Well, I guess we should eat huh?” He said to Kiris, grabbing his own giant hotdog. “After that, Alexis suggested we should go to the zoo, does that sound good?”

But whereas he had placed his attention on the note, the envelope and the money, Kirisvala had been immediately captivated by the jumbo doggo that, through some act of fortune (facilitated by Alexis, of course) had made its way to her claws, free of charge. So it was only natural that, when the boy turned towards her to address her and bring up the idea of going to the Zoo, she had already stuffed her mouth full of hot dog. Remarkably, she was only able to devour about a quarter of it in one bite, a testament to its sheer size.

“So good! Amazin’!” The Hadrian exclaimed with delight after swallowing the first bite, some tomato sauce smeared around her mouth. Afterwards, she turned to Mars, still smiling brightly. “She said we should go to the Zoo? Sure, that sounds like a lot of fun!” She said in response to the boy’s words, before eagerly digging into her jumbo hot dog once more.
Last edited by Tomia on Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zarkenis Ultima
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 22, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Zarkenis Ultima » Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:09 pm

United Kingdom of Poland wrote:---

Agritum wrote:---

Tomia wrote:---

Kirisvala beamed as both Roy and Wendy expressed their appreciation for her role in organizing the party. She had a nagging feeling that the latter wasn't too fond of her after their training exercises on Isla de la Paz, and they had barely talked since, so receiving a compliment from the black-haired girl was rather nice. She said a quick thanks to Wendy and a quick you're welcome to Roy, before listening to the latter's question.

"Somethin' funny? Sure." She said, curious about what it was. Before she had to wonder for long, she saw Roy grab one of the store-bought balloons, untie it and basically inhale its contents. Confused, the Hadrian was about to ask what was supposed to be funny about that, but as soon as she heard the boy's squeaky voice, she burst into laughter, very amused by the act.

"You're our leader, though!" She told him after her brief laughing fit had died down.

Soon afterwards, the Mario Kart competition concluded and gave way to a different game, apparently called Truth or Dare. Since it lacked the limitations of console gaming that kept her away from it, she was eager to join, more so after some kind soul offered to explain the rules to her, which were simple enough. Seeing the results of the first dare, though, she was starting to regret joining, concerned about the possibility of someone forcing her to do something like that. Luckily, Roy decided to forbid anyone from making dares that were too extreme, which made her relax a little.

"Well that's gonna be awkward to explain if she really is going out with that blond boy from the other day." Alexis remarked somewhere nearby, though Kiris didn't think much of it.

The game continued, and when Roy's turn to spin the bottle came, one of the ends wound up pointing at her. After being asked what she preferred, she spent a couple moments thinking about it. While dares were supposed to be safer now, she wasn't sure if she wanted to risk being asked to do something awkward, so she opted for the alternative.

"Truth." She stated, and then listened to Roy's question.

"Well, I guess villains that aren't actively mean or want to hurt people. Like, back at the Zoo I felt a little bad about taking advantage of Weatherman to let Mars whack him. He wasn't actin' mean towards me and he seemed genuinely excited that someone was payin' him attention for once." She said, recalling that time, during their mission at the San Diego Zoo. From what she knew, the others had faced much meaner and more dangerous opponents: Dante, Marionette, Thunderstruck... Weatherman hadn't been nearly as threatening.

Soon after, it was her turn with the bottle, and, being careful not to break it, she gave it a good spin, watching as it eventually landed on Wyatt. The Dra'Qunni boy picked dare, and the Hadrian immediately thought of something good.

"Okay! I dare you to bring me a livin' roar-roar cub!" She exclaimed.

"...Kiris." Alexis spoke up to get the alien's attention. "There aren't bears anywhere near Wonder Island. Don't you think you should ask for something a little less... extreme?" The blonde girl suggested.

"...Oh." Kiris mumbled. Perhaps hunting challenges weren't as well received on Earth? No matter, she was sure she'd think of something else. She just needed a few moments... perhaps several seconds... maybe a minute or two, actually. "Um, then... I dare you to..." She muttered, trying to come up with an alternate challenge.

Suddenly, Alexis approached and leaned in to whisper in her ear. The alien's face lit up with enthusiasm and she nodded.

"I dare you to sing along!" Kirisvala spoke, as a particular song began to play.
Hello! I'm your friendly neighborhood roleplayer cat. If you need any help, send me a TG and I'll see what I can do!
P2TM Community Discussion Thread

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Nov 12, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:09 pm

Truth or dare seemed to be a good choice. He was more than eager to tell any truth or take any dare. The first dare was for Elle to feed Renata an ice cube via mouth. While he found the entire thing extremely strange, everyone looked more flustered about it than he did. He figured it best not to say anything about it, not even realizing that he had no idea who even gave the dare. Renata seemed irritated about it, which he could understand. If someone tried to do that to him, he'd most likely slap them. Then the bottle spun over to him, with Kiris asking him "Truth or dare?"

Dare was the most fun one, mostly because he felt like he didn't have any secrets or anything that would be worth telling. Plus it was more entertaining for everyone to watch someone do something silly. His dare from Kiris was... To catch a baby "roar-roar." It took him a second to realize she was probably talking about a bear. He was about to ask for something that didn't involve tracking down a bear for the next few hours, but Alexis had his back, suggesting something that almost made bear hunting look preferable. Wyatt inhaled deeply and exhaled, standing up with an expression halfway between "pissed off" and "About to burst out laughing."

"Alright. Fine. But if anyone of you post this online, I will... Sunder you limb from limb and fart in your bathwater."

A few more deep breaths and he had finally pysched himself up enough to go for it

"I'm a Barbie girl, in the Barbie world
Life in plastic, it's fantastic
You can brush my hair, undress me everywhere
Imagination, life is your creation
Come on Barbie, let's go party
"

"I'm a blond, bimbo girl, in the fantasy world
Dress me up, make it tight, I'm your dolly
You're my doll, rock'n'roll, feel the glamour in pink
Kiss me here, touch me there, hanky panky
"

Wyatt finished the rest of the song, singing into a pretend microphone, doing a silly dance by shifting his hips side to side, and doing his best not to break down laughing at how ridiculous it must've looked for him to be singing Barbie girl. "I wasn't kidding about the bathwater and limb sundering." He grinned and sat down, spinning the bottle. The bottle landed on none other than Red. Red immediately said dare and Wyatt thought for a moment about what to do, before getting a good one.

"Alright Red. Let us take a look at the search history on your phone."

New Finnish Republic
Minister

Founded: Mar 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby New Finnish Republic » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:42 pm

Red

"Alright Red. Let us take a look at the search history on your phone."

Red's eyes raised in surprise at the request, staring around the group as they eagerly awaited for him to pull out his phone.

"Er, I left it in my room, so-"

Yoshiro cut him off, waving her finger around in a chiding manner.

"You were just on it a minute ago, don't even try to lie. Now come on, show us."

While she was trying to hide it, he could tell that she was curious as well. Red knew that there was no getting out of it now, but as he reluctantly pulled out his phone, a realization suddenly hit him. Giving the others a smug look, he unlocked his phone and brought up his recent search history. Much to the disappointment of everyone else, there was nothing damning on his history, the only notable thing being a few links to bicycle parts he had been looking into as of late.

With a confident nod, he put his phone back into his pocket.

"See, nothing to hide. I mean, do you guys think I don't know what incognito mode is?"

To his surprise, Casimir spoke up.

"Nothing Wendy couldn't find if she wanted."

Red let out a gulp as his eyes shot over to the girl in question, who merely shrugged in response. Realizing that she could easily do this if she wanted to, Red made a mental note to never get on that girl's bad side unless he wanted others to see what he did in his...free time. Letting out a nervous chuckle, Red reached for the bottle, eager to get the attention away from him.

"Anyways, let's move onto our next turn!"

Spinning the bottle, Red glanced over to Yoshiro, who was staring at him suspiciously before leaning forward to whisper in his ear.

"She won't find anything bad on there, right Red?"

A bead of sweat trickled down his neck as he nervously replied.

"Um, define bad."

Yoshiro didn't have time to answer that, as the bottle finally slowed to a stop to mark out its next victim, Wendy. Taking the advantage to shut down Yoshiro's curiosities, he spoke up to the tech girl.

"Alright Wendy, Truth or Dare?"

Wendy paused, unsure of how to answer. It was clear that while Wendy wasn't normally one to shy away from danger, she seemed to hesitate from taking a request from Red. Eventually, however, she made up her mind.

"Truth."

Red let out a small sigh, wishing that she had taken a dare as he would've used it as a means to tease Roy.

"Okay, what do your parents think of all of this? Being with the Young Bloods and fighting villains, I mean."
Known mostly as Finn, but also known as a few other things I can't put in a signature by those who know me.

American who got left too long in the sauna.

Proud to spread Spurdo Nationalism from sea to shining sea.

New Neros
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 14, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Neros » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:43 pm

Punk | Warwolf Facility
Enter: Architects

The Fallen Jedi wrote:-Asumar Masaki-

Instead of her usual attire, which was mostly casual and nondescript, Punk was outfitted with some impressive form-fitting armor that gave her constant read-outs and observations from her surroundings. In light of Warwolf's development of anti-power technology, Walt Bismarck had made a quick fix in order to keep Orion agents powerful and deadly in any confrontation should they lose their powers, and that solution was power armor. Punk's own was equipped with sensors that worked well with her tactile abilities, and even provided increased condition over her normal body. Even for a simple reconnaissance job like this, Mar wouldn't take the chance of being caught without her powers.

As she observed the Warwolf base and made detailed notes and descriptions of what was going on, even with the confusion in regards to a vilainness, Marionette, and a Young Blood known as Nathan, as well as how they handled the changing circumstances within the compound. Not only them, but the vigilante known as Floyd Tolsen was in attendance, something Legion would undoubtedly be interested in. It was all incredibly valuable data for Orion, as they too would be launching a raid on a similar facility in an effort to secure a power dampener and research surrounding them for their own use. Lost in her observation, Mar did not realize that a person was doing the same as she was on a nearby rooftop until a ping for bluetooth connection popped up. "The fuck?" She whispered, lowering her binoculars for a moment and looking around her own rooftop, zeroing in on a dull blue atop the building next door.

He wasn't dressed in Warwolf attire, so he wasn't a counter-spy or something along those lines, and his particular look just gave off superhuman vibes. Warwolf was not about hiring superhumans for added security or protection, so the only reasonable deduction Mar could think of was that this man was a superhuman from another organization, good or evil, gathering information on Warwolf as well. She opened a direct line with Walt Bismarck, sharing what she was seeing in order to get a clearer picture of what to do. "Unidentified male on opposite rooftop. Doesn't seem to be Warwolf-affiliated, suspected superhuman of unknown origin."

"My, my." Walt responded, "That, my dear, is no regular superhuman. He's a member of an alien race known as the Architects. He and many of his kind came to this world almost two decades ago from a far-off galaxy, but even among those, this man is none of other than a Masaki. A natural born leader, fighter, strategist. During my work for the Department of Defense, I was tasked with formed defensive and offensive measures against their nation, the Elysian Collective. I severely lacked data on their species and abilities, so a lot of it was guess work."

"Thank you for the life story I didn't want to hear," Mar replied, "What should I do? I don't think he's noticed me yet. As a matter of fact, it looks like he's just... Diddling on the phone."

"If you're up for it," Walt said with a slight chuckle, "You could gather some vital intelligence about this man. Powers, limits, all of that fancy stuff. It'll help us in the long run, because the Elysian Collective doesn't leave their archipelago very often, and if Warwolf is big enough to draw them out, then we need to understand what their motives are as well. If my memory serves correct, as it usually does, this man is Asumar Masaki, brother to Kazuko, who is the leader of the Collective."

"So, attack him? Unprovoked? And you have no idea what this guy or his freaky alien species can do?" Mar said, shaking her head and wondering what would be the best course of action. "That sounds like a Gaul or Cannon job, not a Mar job."

"I understand, but think of this as a way to further explore your powers. I imagine Nile and Black Luminous have given you instruction for days on end, but that all needs to come to a head in a real combat situation. Approach him and demand he declare himself, and once he does, you do the same, or if he refuses, start the swinging. Just think, 'What Would Gaul Do' and then go for it."

"Hmm," Mar hummed, "Fine, I'll do it. But you owe me." Tossing her binoculars to the ground, Punk leapt into the air and propelled herself through it, affecting her own body with her personal telekinetic field, touching down a few feet away from the Architect. She had no helmet to obscure her face or features, and just looked like a young girl in a slightly armored body suit, but was direct with the man in front of her. "Identify yourself." She commanded, "What affiliation do you have with Warwolf?" Mar gathered telekinetic energy within herself, preparing to either launch him or herself into the air if he took things the wrong way, "I won't ask another time."
Last edited by New Neros on Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Looking for a good time? Horizon Academy is the place to be! | Do Forum Mods dream of sexual DEAT?
Reploid Productions wrote:I have had to read a lot of erotic RP telegrams in the past four months and it does all start to run together into one giant mass of penises, vaginas, breasts, tentacles, dildos, bodily fluids and so on.

The Fallen Jedi
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The Fallen Jedi » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:12 pm

New Neros wrote:- Mar -

Asumar Masaki | Warwolf Facility
Enter: Architects

Asumar had been texting his wife when Mar made her appearance on the rooftop, demanding his identify. Had he been any other person, Asumar would have been caught off guard by the sudden intrusion but the lessons of the Aquila Galaxy taught him to always stay on guard, keeping one eye on his surroundings while in public. As his attention was placed onto his new guest would Asumar discover something rather peculiar about this woman, she had no regalia pointing to her working with Warwolf: this was someone else who was also watching the raid on the facility. Taking the time to place his phone into his pocket and sit up slightly, only once looking at the woman before placing his eyes back onto the facility. "Interesting..." Asumar began, leaning forward slightly and placing his hands on the edge of the roof as if he had just woken up from a well deserved nap "You aren't employed by Warwolf because of that latent telekinetic energy within you and yet that armor you're wearing isn't something that one can make on their own, which suggests only one thing: you're collecting data on how Warwolf responds to a raiding situation for someone, or something."

At this point would the elder Masaki be standing up, leaning back against the wall slightly as he directed his full attention on the armored woman before him. "To answer the less personal question first, I have no affiliation with the Warwolf Organization, nor do I have any ill intention to their occupation of the city. I am simply watching the fight as it unfolds" Asumar turned his attention back to the facility once more, watching as one of the Warwolf Helicopter's headlights were now focused on an individual that Asumar could not really distinguish from such a distance. "And to answer the more personal question, wouldn't it be prudent for you to tell me who you are first? Considering that you decided to simply march your way to this particular building looking for a fight?" Asumar replied in kind, his voice maintaining a calm disposition.

New Neros
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 14, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Neros » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:51 pm

Punk | Warwolf Facility
Enter: Architect, Part Two

The Fallen Jedi wrote:-Asumar Masaki-

"Observant." Mar thought, watching carefully as the Masaki Brother pieced together the things he could assume about her, though, Mar came to mostly the same conclusion as he did. "But he can feel my own telekinetic energy, so either has some energy perception, or some attunement to telekinesis, both of which are not great match-ups for me at this particular moment." Instead of continuing with the posturing, the woman responded bluntly, "Look, I asked you to identify yourself, wouldn't it stand to reason that I would introduce myself immediately after?" She scoffed, but remained vigilant just in case.

"Now, it should also stand to reason why I wouldn't come bumbling in here all willy nilly and declare who I am and who I work for." She said quickly, flashing a smirk, "Because maybe the people I'm working for aren't the nicest of people or the most willing to put their name on our uniforms. That maybe if I had told you who I was and who I was working for, you'd be more inclined to start a fight with me."
Looking for a good time? Horizon Academy is the place to be! | Do Forum Mods dream of sexual DEAT?
Reploid Productions wrote:I have had to read a lot of erotic RP telegrams in the past four months and it does all start to run together into one giant mass of penises, vaginas, breasts, tentacles, dildos, bodily fluids and so on.

United Kingdom of Poland
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 08, 2012
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby United Kingdom of Poland » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:43 am

Of course that would be the question. Wendy thought to herself as Red asked his question. While she knew exactly what her sociopathic criminal mom and dad would think of her foye into the other side of the law, she couldn’t exactly tell the others about them.

“Um Red.” Roy replied, jumping to her defense. “You do realize she’s a foster kid, right?”

For a second, the room went quiet. “Sorry Wendy.” Red said as he realized his mistake. “I didn’t realize that. I can change the question if you want?”

“No.” Wendy replied. “It’s okay. I honestly don’t know how my parent would have reacted to all this. They disappeared when I was five, and they didn’t spend a lot of time with me because they were always travelling because of work. The foster parents I’m living with would be happy though, at least now I have actual friends.”

Giving the empty bottle a spin, Wendy watched as it settled on Frostbite. “Tru-”

“Dare.” The ice queen replied before she could even finish.

Wendy sat there for a second, a blank look on her face as she debated what to make Frostbite do. “Okay frosty, take off the mask.”

New Finnish Republic
Minister

Founded: Mar 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby New Finnish Republic » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:24 pm

A few days after the party...

Red glanced around his room once more, ensuring that all the preparations were complete. The floor was vacuumed, the tables were wiped off, the mountain of paperwork that normally laid scattered across his desk was neatly organized, and there was even a light scent of rose in the air thanks to the air freshener he had put in the corner of the room. While in normal situations his room was already in good condition, given his plans for the night, he had made sure that not even a speck of dust remained.

The sound of knocking at his door signaled his time for preparations were over. As he made his way over to the door, he glanced at the rather casual clothes he was wearing. In an effort to not look as if he was trying too hard, he had thrown on a Yankees long t-shirt with a pair of grey athletic sweatpants, a comfortable look he rarely sported in view of the other members of the team.

Taking a deep breath, Red opened the sliding door via a panel and was met with the sight of Yoshiro standing in the doorway, a shy expression on her face as she held a bowl of popcorn in her hands. Yoshiro was dressed casually too, looking forward to spending a night in and away from the hussle and bussle of San Diego. She’d thrown on whatever had looked the most comfortable: a pair of shorts that ended midway down her thighs and a plain cotton V-neck that she sometimes used as pajamas.

“Feel free to come in. I’ve got the TV ready and everything, all we need is to decide on the movie.”

The girl winked at Red, shaking her head in mock disappointment. “Come on Red, you said you’d get everything ready and you leave out the hardest part!” Walking into the room, Yoshiro hid her surprise at the state of it. Compared to how she’d last seen it, the place was spotless. Trying not to let the color show in her cheeks, she realized that Red must have cleaned it up in preparation for her visit. She couldn’t help but feel embarrassed at the thought that Red was as nervous about it as she was. This was Red after all, the Mask, the shadowy vigilante who struck fear into the hearts of villains while roaming the night as a thankless protector. Who apparently was also a fan of the smell of roses.

As Yoshi got settled onto the couch, Red went over to the hidden wall compartment where he normally kept his equipment secured. With the exception of Wendy, no one else had the ability to open it due to the fingerprint recognition that served as a security system for it. While the usual sight of various pieces of equipment and weapons greeted him, a trio of new items awaited him as well. Specifically, a large bottle of rather expensive wine Red had managed to smuggle into the Tower with a pair of fancier wine glasses next to it. While it was technically Red’s idea, originally made as a joke, Yoshiro had been surprisingly accepting of his offer to get it for their little at-home movie date.

Grabbing the items in one hand, Red closed the compartment with his free hand and began to make his way over to where Yoshiro was waiting for him. While she seemed to try and pretend to be relaxed, the tint of red in her cheeks made it clear that she was a bit nervous, which ironically enough calmed Red’s nerves down a bit. Placing the bottle of wine and the glasses onto the small coffee table in between the coach and the TV, Red sat down next to Yoshiro on the couch. He quickly realized that while the size of the couch was more than enough to serve as a quick napping area, it was rather small for two people, as barely any space remained between them.

Red tried to think of something to say to make Yoshiro feel less nervous about the whole ordeal, but was unable to think of anything that didn’t make him want to smack himself in the face after a second thought. After a few seconds, he gave up and instead reached for the remote, and switched the TV to Netflix where a library of movies waited for their decision. Glancing over to Yoshiro, he gave her a small smile as he motioned to the screen.

“Anything in particular you’re wanting to watch? The only kind of stuff I normally watch is old detective movies and some action flicks, but I feel like that’s not exactly your cup of tea. And since you’re my…”

He paused, a the tips of his ears burning up slightly as he continued.

“...guest for the night, I think it’d be appropriate for you to have the say here.”

Yoshiro laughed at the comment. “Hey, no fair. You’re giving me the difficult job.” She chided.. “How about I pick the genre and then you can choose the movie - sound fair?” Yoshiro paused for a moment, pondering her choices before making her decision. When she did, she couldn’t help but glance at Red shyly, not wanting to admit that part of her incentive was to get an excuse to cuddle closer to him on the couch. “What about a horror film? Usually I’m too scared to watch most of those on my own, but it could be fun if we see one together.”

Red paused, thinking for a few moments before flipping the search area to the horror genre section. He rarely watched these kinds of movies, but knew enough that he could try and find something good. Should I go with something actually scary, or something a little less intense? Last thing I really want is for her to get nightmares after watching a movie, but at the same time the scarier it is the more she’ll want to get closer, right? A mischievous grin appeared as he found something that would work.

“How’s IT sound?”

Yoshiro glanced at the screen, and based on the startled jump she made at the sight of the demonic clown on the movie's preview, Red knew he had picked the right one. Before they got truly settled in for the movie, he reached for a small remote on the table in front of them. With a single press of a button all of the lights in the room went out, leaving the rest of the room pitch black save for in front of the television.

As the movie began, Red felt Yoshiro begin to hesitantly inch towards him, clearly wanting to get closer but not wanting to be too obvious about it. He pretended to not notice, even occasionally making subtle movements the put him just out of reach when her hand or thigh would be about to reach him. After a few moments of this, he saw a small frustrated pout forming on her face, which ended up breaking Red’s cool composure, chuckling as he reached his arm around her shoulder and drew her up next to him. The pout on her face was soon replaced with a content look as she rested her head onto his shoulder…

...just in time for her to let out a terrified scream as the demonic clown took its first victim. Red had seen it coming from a mile away, but even he jumped a bit at the suddenness of it. Yoshiro’s grip on his shoulder was tighter than a vice grip, only able to be loosened as Red gently rubbed her back to calm her down. Once it no longer felt as if the blood circulation to his arm was being cut off, Red returned his arm to around her shoulder. Yoshiro remained tense though, now on guard for when the next jump scare would occur.

Maybe this might’ve been too much, Red thought as he looked down to see a wide eyed Yoshiro practically burying her head into his chest. He was going to ask her if she wanted to watch something else, but the sensation of her breath tickling against his next made him think otherwise. But then again, maybe this isn’t all that bad.

As the movie concluded, Red looked over to see Yoshiro staring at him, a still terrified look on her face.

“That thing’s dead, right?”

He paused, trying to keep a straight face as he pointed at the screen, where the movie title “It” was shown, only for the words “Chapter One” to show up below the title. Yoshiro’s eyes widened in the realization that more was to come before burying her head into Red’s chest once more. Red let out a chuckle in response, comforting his girlfriend for a few moments before eventually reaching over for the remote.

“Want me to turn on the lights?”

Yoshiro peaked her head out from his chest, giving him a small nod before slowly bringing herself upright on the couch, although she still kept little distance between them as Red turned the lights back on as promised. He was about to ask if she wanted to watch anything else, when he realized they had forgotten something.

“Were you still wanting to try some of that wine? You don’t have to if you don’t want to.”

Yoshiro hesitated for a few moments, but she eventually reached for the bottle of wine, staring at its contents before trying to remove the cork from the top. Much to Red’s amusement, she was unable to pry the top off, her eyebrows furrowing in frustration. Red rolled his eyes before getting up from the couch and going to where his nightstand was and retrieving the swiss army knife he kept in there. Pulling out the corkscrew portion, he walked up to Yoshiro and grabbed the bottle from Yoshiro who was still trying to get it open.

“Might want to try using this. This isn’t some cheap Walmart wine, so you know. It’s the real deal.”

Yoshiro’s face reddened with embarrassment, realizing how foolish she had been with trying to open up the bottle with her bare hands. Taking the tool from Red, she jabbed the corkscrew into the cork, and after a few twist managed to open up the bottle, a loud pop indicating her success. She gave Red a large triumphant grin, which Red could only respond with another eye roll albeit this time with an large grin.

As Yoshiro began pouring the wine into their glasses, Red decided to put on a much more relaxed and funny movie for the two to watch. While in general he hated romantic comedy movies, given that he was technically on a date, he decided to find one that didn’t make him want to toss his remote at the TV.

As the movie began, the two sipped away at their glasses and enjoyed the much less intense atmosphere that this movie provided. Since the movie didn’t demand much in terms of paying attention, they chatted about various things, specifically about Wyatt and Mars’s birthday party a few days before. Yoshiro briefly scolded Red for not bringing a present, which Red responded with a promise he’d make up for it soon. Yoshiro rolled her eyes at the answer, knowing that whatever that would be it wouldn’t end well if he was in charge of it.

As the movie progressed, the two quickly began to put down glass after glass of the wine until the entire bottle was empty. At this point, the two both had a permanent red tint to their faces with their attention no longer on the movie and instead on themselves as they continued to talk.

The wine bottle was completely emptied by the time the second movie had finished, with a second from Red’s stash – nearly half gone itself – resting by its side. Yoshiro had returned to her perch on Red’s shoulder and the weight of her head by his side had been a comforting reminder of her presence. As the ending credits began to scroll, Red found himself smiling, having enjoyed the comedy. The light-hearted film was a welcomed follow up to the previous one, but as he turned to ask Yoshiro what she thought of it, the words got caught in his throat. Her eyes were glaring straight back at him, her features contorted into an irritated pout as she glowered at him grumpily. Confused, Red tried to think of what he may have done.

“What?” He eventually asked warily, smiling nervously in an effort to defuse the situation. “Did you not like it?” Much to Red’s dismay, his response seemed to only deepen Yoshiro’s scowl. She jabbed an accusatory finger towards him, poking him in the chest.

“No, the movie was fine. But I can’t get that stupid clown out of my head.” Her words were slurred slightly, the alcohol clearly having worked its way into her system. Red raised an amused eyebrow, feeling a sense of relief that that was her complaint. “That movie was sooo scary!”

Red laughed at the comment, his smirk widening. “Hey, that’s not my fault. You’re the one who asked for a horror film. I was just doing what I was told.”

“That’s not fair!” Yoshiro frowned, whining at the blame being placed squarely on her shoulders. “I didn’t think that you’d pick something that terrifying. I wanted an excuse to snuggle with you, and then you go and pick something like that.” Her eyes narrowed suspiciously. “You did that on purpose too, you big meanie.”

Red felt color begin to flow into his cheeks as Yoshiro let her reason for the genre choice slip. He’d suspected as much, especially by her efforts to move closer to him, but to have it said out loud still made his stomach do a flip. Looking closer at Yoshiro’s face, he realized that her own cheeks were flushed pink as well, but she didn’t seem to be acting embarrassed at all. Raising an eyebrow, Red glanced towards the wine bottles as he tried to remember how the alcohol had been distributed between them. Now that he thought about it, he had been fairly slow and steady with his drinking. There was no way that he’d have drunk enough to explain the now empty one-and-a-half bottles that sat on his coffee table.

Turning back towards Yoshiro, Red found that she was still glaring at him in annoyance, her hands having moved to her hips. “Well, what do you have to say for yourself?” She accused. In an instant, realization dawned on Red.

She has Asian glow, doesn’t she? Shaking his head in dismay, Red sighed in amusement as he tried to think of what he was going to do about his immediate predicament. “Yoshi, you’re drunk.”

She brushed aside his concern. “Hey, you’re trying to change the subject. Rude.” A long yawn interrupted Yoshiro’s train of thought, and she idly lifted a hand to cover her mouth. Blinking, she began to realize just how tired she felt. Glancing at the clock on his wall, Red saw that it was well past midnight already.

“It’s getting pretty late. Probably time to call it a night, I had a really fun time though. We should do this again.” Red offered, thinking that it would probably be best if he walked Yoshi back to her room. If Naja happened to be roaming the halls – or that goody-two-shoes Roy for that matter – and found her like this, there’d be hell to pay. However, before he could do anything, Yoshiro sprung to her feet and stretched out as she let out another yawn.

“Yeah, you’re right. I am exhausted.” Yoshiro replied, before walking casually over to Red’s bed and jumping onto the covers. Her eyes closed, she flailed around in a drunken stupor until she had successfully pulled most of the covers into a comfortable cocoon around herself.

Shocked by the sudden turn of events, Red remained on the couch with his mouth agape. His mind was gradually trying to process what was happening, the gears turning painfully slowly.

“Umm, Yoshi? That’s my bed.”

The girl remained in her comfortable position, her eyes firmly shut. “Yeah, I know. I’m too tired to go back to my room. Plus, I’m drunk. Wouldn’t be fair to make me walk all the way. Besides, this is your fault for offering me wine and making me watch that movie. Won’t be able to sleep by myself after seeing that clown.” Yoshiro shifted slightly, resting her head more centrally on Red’s pillow. She smiled mischievously. “So either hop in and don’t steal the covers, or you’re on the couch. But don’t get any ideas, ‘kay?”

Red sat there for a few more moments, the gears in his head spinning as fast as they could under the influence of alcohol. If Naja finds out, she’s most definitely going to kill me. Red glanced over to the bed, where Yoshiro waited for him, sticking her tongue out mischievously as she waited his response. But I’m pretty sure I’d want to kill me if I told her no.

Red debated on his choice, unsure of what to do. He knew the consequences that would occur if he said yes, and he also knew the consequences that would occur if he said no. The haze in his mind caused by the alcohol didn’t help him one bit, as it made him think less with his brain and more with...other areas.

After more mental debate, he finally decided on what to do, turning the TV off as well as the lights. As his eyes adjusted to the sudden darkness, he spotted Yoshiro looking at him with a triumphant look on her face. He rolled his eyes a bit, but otherwise made comment as he hopped into the bed next to her and got under the covers.

Yoshiro hadn’t been joking around when she told him to not steal the covers, as while trying to adjust himself under them she let out something akin to a growl. Red lifted his hands in the air, not knowing what to do. Yoshiro soon solved that issue by grabbing one of his arms and placed it around her, resting her head on his chest. Red, not finding an issue with this one bit, settled himself into the other pillow. It didn’t take long for him to notice Yoshiro’s breaths to become slower and in a more steady pace, indicating she had already fallen asleep.

Glancing down at her face, Red couldn’t help but smile softly at the peaceful sight. However, his smile faded as his thoughts began to turn elsewhere. Is this really okay? he thought as laid next to her. Am I allowed to be this happy? After everything I’ve done? He frowned slightly at the thought. Is this fair to her? What if I do something to mess things up again? What if she finds out about my past? What if-

His thoughts were interrupted as Yoshiro shifted in her sleep, what seemed to be a frustrated look on her face as she nestled her head higher up, putting it right next to his. Every time she exhaled, her breath tickled at his neck, the scent of sweet smelling alcohol reaching him. For whatever reason, this seemed to calm Red’s thoughts, as he felt his both his mind and body relax.

I suppose I can save the “What If’s” for when they come, he thought as he closed his eyes and allowed himself to succumb to slumber.

The sound of an alarm brought Yoshiro back to the realm of the living. Her eyes gradually fluttered open, but she almost immediately frowned as a splitting headache shot through her forehead. Groaning, she turned herself in order to reach over and turn off the stupid beeping when she froze at the sight that greeted her. Seeing Red smiling beside her caused the memories of the previous night to come flooding back to her. As the series of events began to work themselves back into a chronology, a deluge of red began to flood into Yoshiro’s cheeks. Embarrassed, she immediately threw off the covers and shot to her feet – ignoring the throbbing hangover in her skull.

“OhmygodRedIamsososorry!” She managed, the words blurring together as spoke breathlessly. Red lifted himself up onto one arm after turning off his alarm clock, an amused expression on his face. “I – I didn’t mean to drink that much, I wasn’t thinking. Were you comfortable? Oh god, I feel so embarrassed for this.” Covering her face with her hands, Yoshiro couldn’t bring herself to look at Red’s smug expression. “How much did I have?”

Chuckling, Red got up himself. “Maybe a little bit too much, I think.” He winked at Yoshiro, causing her face to get even more brightly colored, as if that were possible. “But don’t worry about it. It was actually pretty nice, to be honest.”

That really did it. If it were possible for steam to come shooting out from someone’s ears, for someone to turn into a bright red tomato, it would have happened to Yoshiro right there and then. Unable to respond immediately, she couldn’t stop a nervous grin from spreading across her features. “R-really?”

Suddenly feeling embarrassed himself as he realized what he’d just said, Red rubbed the back of his head sheepishly. “Yeah, I mean, it was pretty comfortable I guess and it was nice to have you there. You know?” Oh no, this is too fast for her isn’t it? I’m just making her feel bad. Real smooth Red, real smooth.

“Um, I kind of liked it too.”

Yoshiro’s words caused Red’s eyes to shoot up, lighting up slightly as he saw Yoshiro grinning at him, fiddling with her hands as she did so. A smile crept onto his own features, refusing to care about how silly the pair of them must have looked to anyone watching as they acted so nervously around each other. Realizing that he’d been staring at Yoshiro for more than was probably normal, Red glanced away sheepishly.

“Well, I guess we ought to go have breakfast. The others probably aren’t awake yet, it’s normally just me at this time, so it shouldn’t be a problem if we go together?”

Yoshiro’s eyes lit up, and she nodded eagerly at the offer. Red made to grab a change of clothes, stepping into his bathroom to change and leaving Yoshiro alone for a minute. As the door closed behind him, Yoshiro idly cast her eyes over the room. She hadn’t really had a chance to just look at Red’s room before and she looked around at the sparse few posters and pictures that dotted the walls. His desk had been organised the night before, but was still cluttered with papers, files and even a few of the boomerangs and tools that Red was starting to use instead of the Mask’s characteristic pair of pistols. Making her way over towards the desk, Yoshiro smiled as she picked up one of the rederangs, flipping it around in her hands as she took a closer look. She was glad that Red had begun to move away from using lethal weapons, even if he had more than enough skill to use them without killing his opponent. She knew that the media gave him a bad rap, and if she’d gone purely on his public reputation, Yoshiro would never have known the real Red. But she knew that he’d eventually change their minds. The world wouldn’t be able to ignore all the good he did forever.

As she placed the boomerang back on top of the table, Yoshiro’s gaze stopped on a folder that seemed to be filled close to bursting with neatly organized documents. A single post-it note sat stuck to the outside of the light-brown canvas folder, with two words written in Red’s handwriting:

“For Raven”.

Raven? The name sounded familiar to Yoshiro, but she couldn’t quite place where she’d heard it before. Curious, she opened the folder and began to scan the first few pages. It was all information about Warwolf, detailed information. Is this what he’s been working on all week? Yoshiro thought quietly to herself. Before she could get any further, the door to the bathroom opened and Red emerged wearing a change of clothes and freshened up.

“Alright, all set.” He paused as he saw Yoshiro looking through the opened folder. “Is everything ok?”

Looking up towards him, Yoshiro smiled and closed the binder. “Oh yeah, I was just looking around.” She hesitated for a second. “So who’s Raven? I don’t think I’ve heard that name before.”

Red froze, staring at the binder Yoshiro had in her hands. He had thought he had put that away somewhere else, but in his rush to get things ready he must have forgotten. His thoughts raced as he tried to think of what to say. He thought about telling her that she was only an investigator outside of the Young Bloods he was working with on Warwolf, and while this wasn't a lie, neither was it the truth. For a second time, sorry Alexis, he thought as he decided to tell Yoshiro the truth.

“You remember those police officers from the church after the little...incident the other week?”

Yoshiro nodded, her curiosity seeming to grow.

“Well, the truth is that Raven was one of them. While she’s not someone we have to worry about, she’s not exactly...Young Blood material. But because of that, she’s able to operate under Warwolf’s radar a lot better than we can. So because of this, we’ve been exchanging information on them for a few days now. Nothing bad, just stuff that will benefit both her and our team.”

He frowned slightly, his nervous habit of scratching at the back of his neck instinctively kicking in.

“I’m sorry for keeping it under wraps. It’s just one of those things I’d rather the rest of the team not know about for their sake.”

He looked at her in the eyes, his tone completely serious.

“But believe me, Yoshi, I’m being smart about this. I’m not going to do anything that would jeopardize the safety of the team.”

Yoshiro’s face made it clear that she wasn’t completely satisfied with his answer, but it seemed to be enough.

“You promise, Red? For real?”

Red reached out with his pinkie, a reassuring smile on his face. Yoshiro paused, before reaching out with her own pinkie and wrapped it around his.

“I promise, Yoshi.”

I just hope I can keep it, Red thought to himself as their pinkies disconnected.
Known mostly as Finn, but also known as a few other things I can't put in a signature by those who know me.

American who got left too long in the sauna.

Proud to spread Spurdo Nationalism from sea to shining sea.

Tomia
Post Marshal

New York Times Democracy

Postby Tomia » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:43 pm

Roy was clearly a bit nervous for Wendy as she started to answer Red's question. He couldn't protect the question too much because that would be too suspicious. He glanced over at Wendy as he listened to her response. He relaxed when he realized she had handled it very well, but also felt a touch of sadness at the end of it. He knew what it was like to be friendless, and it hurt to think of someone he cared being so alone. He wished he was sitting next to her so he could take her hand, but he had to settle for giving her a gentle smile instead.

Meanwhile Angelica watched with increasing dread as the bottle moved in her direction before stopping entirely in front of her. In that moment she instantly made the decision to chose dare. She knew people had questions about who she was and this was not the time or place to answer them.

Having chosen dare before even letting Wendy give the options. Angelica waited anxiously as Wendy decided on what dare to give her. Angelica already knew what Wendy was going to pick before she even said it.

"No" Angelica said firmly an edge to her voice.

"Come on Frost Bite you chose dare." Roy said to her, trying to reason with her.

"I said no. You said we didnt have to do anything that made us uncomfortable." Frost Bite said pointing at Roy. "Well you all know that I dont want you to know who I am. So this dare is intentionally supposed to make me feel uncomfortable, so I'm not doing it." She said firmly, glaring at Wendy.

"Fine, I'll pick another one." Wendy said, capitulating as to not cause anymore trouble. Not wanting to go easy on her considering she had just refused, Wendy took some time to think of another dare that Frost Bite could perform.

"I want you to pick someone, and dance to the song Let it Go with them." Wendy said, smiling at her own cleverness.

Angelica frowned, she had no real reason to say no to this one, though she was very much regretting her decision to join the game.

"Fine." She said reluctantly. As someone set up the music, Frost Bite considered who she should chose. There were very few people she even considered, among them were Yoshi, Red and Alexis. But she saw disadvantages for all of them. Yoshi was not judgmental but would likely have a hard time resisting reading Angelica's emotions throughout it. Red was cool, but people would probably start talking and she definitely didn't want to give Yoshi the wrong idea. Finally there was Alexis, and Angelica had no idea how she felt about that one. No she couldn't bear that one. She decided it'd be easier if she picked someone she really didnt care about.

"Jacob" she said, shocking some people by chosing the the team healer.

"Uh sure, why not?" He said with a smile to Frost Bite. She was starting to see what Alexis might see in him.

The song started and the two stood a part from each other a bit awkwardly.

"Hey I know this isn't really your thing." Jacob whispered to her. "Let me lead alright? That way I can take the jokes if we mess up." He said lightly.

He took her hands and the two danced to the music. As the song picked up Jacob even twirled Frost Bite getting a lot of hoots from the crowd. Jacob was indeed a good dancer, but Angelica couldn't help but think what it would be like with someone else...

"Let it goooo, let it goooooo!!!" Blared on the speakers so they danced rhythmically.

After what felt like a life time, the song ended and everyone applauded. Frost Bite took her seat without saying anything. She spun the bottle quickly, hoping that everyone's attention would move on.

It landed on Renata who choice truth, and so Angelica thought about it for moment. She decided to just do something tame, not trying to draw anymore attention to herself.

"Describe the last dream you had."

The Fallen Jedi
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The Fallen Jedi » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:05 pm

New Neros wrote:Punk | Warwolf Facility

Asumar Masaki | Warwolf Facility

Asumar smiled crossing his arms and actually taking interest in the conversation with this woman "When you've come to live for as long as I have and experience the things that my people have, you learn to withhold as much personal information about yourself for the sake of not only yourself, but for those who affiliate with you." Looking out towards the skyline that hung over the Warwolf Facility would Asumar began to chuckle, reminiscing about the days of old before his arrival to Earth. "My apologies, I am an old man. I know I do not look it, but the body lies. However, considering that you've decided to be patient enough for me to consider my options, allow me to answer your question as to who I am." The elder Masaki stepped forward, leaning off the wall "I am Asumar Masaki, one of the many refugees who arrived on Earth back in 2002 alongside my brother."

It took him a moment to realize before chuckling aloud again "I do hope you know that you are terrible at keeping secrets my dear, for you've already given me more than enough information to come to the conclusion of which organization you are a part of. I may not be actively involved with the actions of the Elysian Collective but I do know quite a handful of information just by browsing the internet and keeping up with the news. There is no doubt in my mind that you are affiliated with the Orion Organization." At this accusation would Asumar's psionic energy flare up into a majestic dark purple aura that cloaked his entire body. He had been aware of the death of the superhero know as Solar, and the attack upon Captain Quake and the L.A. Stars, bringing him to the conclusion that a member of the Orion faction confronting him would most definitely end up in a fight.

Asumar gave a small smirk, the sheer intensity of his Psionic energy causing cracks to form beneath his feat. "To be honest, I've always been looking for the day that someone would come and pick a fight with me, gives me the opportunity to let out some steam I've gathered over the years of my life. But before we exchange fists in this fight, do tell me what your name is."

Charmera
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Charmera » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:53 pm

The Rebel Alliances wrote:
Alexis Cain/Vendetta-San Diego

"Sooo...what do you think? Can we do it?" I asked our new teammate, wondering exactly how much she knew of the dragons, and for the sake of our lives I hoped it was quite a lot.

Nightraven paused for a moment, it seemed quite an outlandish plan. But it sounded plausible in its own way. "The Dragons are not tied to any particular culture, so language won't be an issue. They do, however, specialise in magical crime so to make it convincing we may need some sort of flashy magical effect. I may be able to do the part with my teleportation, but that would have its own risks." She explained. "The only other matter is that we likely will require their gang symbol on a uniform, which is as it happens a dragon."
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:And here, we see a wild Shittonicus Charactericus, coloquially known as Charmera, in its natural habitat. It seems to be displaying behavior expected from one of its kind, producing numerous characters and juggling them with its front paws.

Imperial--japan's Witchy Friend.

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:38 pm

Tomia wrote:Angelica

All the truths and dares after Ellery's... thing went fairly smoothly. Still recovering from the horror that was getting fed an ice cube like a baby bird, Renata leaned back and watched everyone else's "trials". Kiris probably got the easiest one, describing the types of enemies she would least want to face on the battlefield, while Wyatt, on the other hand, got to sing along to "Barbie Girl". That didn't sound like a hard dare, either - but, then again, unlike Wyatt, Renata actually quite... enjoyed that song.

Red got to show his search history - which, knowing that he was in prison for suspected murder mere days ago, was a pretty... touchy dare. He got away from it with being an incognito expert, however. Wendy got some salt on her wounds as well, as Red asked about what her parents think of this despite her being a foster child - interesting, Roy immediately and enthusiastically jumped to her defense... Angelica's turn was to take off her mask, and when she said no multiple times, she got the alternative of dancing to a song.

Wouldn't dancing with a boy be even more embarrassing than just showing your face to everyone?.. Ah, whatever. The next victim after Angelica was... Renata. After Ellery's dare, Renata was firmly in the "hell no" camp regarding dares, so truth it was.

The ice queen didn't feel like murdering one of her subjects today, however, and asked a fairly simple truth - describe your last dream. Oh, thank goodness, something unrelated to crushes and whatnot.

"Well, I don't think it's my last dream, but if we're talking about the last dream I remember..." Renata began to speak, recollecting some of her memories of the lucid dream she had about four days ago. Much of the details had long since been forgotten, but the basic structure had etched itself in the girl's memory. "It was a lucid dream, so I started by building myself a nice, beautiful city, only for it to suddenly collapse for no reason. I fell through a fissure, only to find myself in that same city's burning ruins, there I met my father... He pulled me away, and I woke up in a white void. There, um..."

Withholding information does not count as lying, right? Technically, you're not doing any lying, you just strategically forget some information... Nobody here needs to know about her relationship with Icarus. So let's do that.

"...I fell through Blackout into a dark void and then woke up."

Hopefully, nobody got bored to death by her recalling her dream.

The bottle took a spin again, this time landing on Yoshiro, who picked truth. Unfortunate, Renata had prepared a lot more dares than truths, so this might be a little... problematic.

Yoshiro, Yoshiro, what do I know about her?.. The most vivid memory of her I have is that time I saw her kiss Red back in that cathedral... Maybe I should poke that?

A part of Renata's mind was getting a little... prankstery - quite ironic, seeing as she had suffered from the work of a prankster mere minutes ago. But the swift flow of the game was getting her immersed and excited, so she had to release that built up energy somehow.

Renata cracked a sly smile and spoke:

"So, how many bases have you hit with Red?"

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

Turmenista
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Turmenista » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:45 pm

Finland SSR wrote:
Turmenista wrote:
    Johnny Swift

The Great Floyd Tolson!

Johnny Swift & Floyd Tolson vs Keter

Floyd suddenly switched character and called the speedster a chicken for being fearful of trying to go up against Keith. Johnny felt his face go hot as he scowled at his friend, glaring at him underneath his aviators. Not only was Floyd embarassing him in front of Keter, he also had no idea that Keter could easily wipe the floor with both of them them, without even using his hands. Still, though, he just had to respond to the taunt, in order to preserve his honor. Especially in front of the goth Gucci-model looking guy in front of them.

"What — no, Floyd! Fuck no, man! I'm not scared!" Johnny insisted, turning away from his friend to stare down at Keter like some sort of weird version of a Mexican standoff as he saw Floyd slowly begin to reach for his sword. "Just wanna take this cautiously...—"

The Brit ran forward, presumably to go for the van that was disappearing down the road, zipping past Keter and Johnny, the latter of whom used the confusion to rush forwards and leap upwards, swinging a fist at Keith's face. It connected with the teen's cheek with a loud smack and caused Keith to stumble backwards, but Keith quickly regained his composure an retaliated by shoving Johnny away, seemingly with enough force to simply blow him away. Not to mention, without even touching him at all. After doing so, Johnny lost his footing upon landing, stumbling to the ground as Keter felt his cheek, enraged by the speedster's sucker punch. "You...—"

"You got bigger problems, bitch," Johnny chuckled, making his way up onto his feet as Keith snapped his head around to Floyd. In response, Keith simply sighed in frustration, shaking his head. "I'm sorry about this, Swift. I'll try to make this as painless for you and your friend as possible."

"What?" Johnny raised an eyebrow, confused to Keith's unusually cryptic remark, then figured out what he meant by pain as the Weirdo Clique's leader turned to him, staring him down as their eyes met for a split second. Then Johnny began to feel it. First, it was as if someone had begun blasting the sound of a fork being scraped across a china plate right next to his ears with a subwoofer, before making its way into his head. Johnny doubled over in pain and screamed, assuming a fetal position on the floor as he felt his own head being compressed in on itself — or, at least, a feeling exactly like that.

Keith stepped over the writhing Johnny, who looked up to him as if he'd just seen the bogeyman. "Clara doesn't want you to have anything to do with this, Swift. For your sake, I suggest you go home."

"Y-you.." Johnny rolled onto his back, gritting his teeth. "Goddamn psycho.... if y-you.. lay a finger on my girl—"

"Swift. It's simple," Keith knelt down to the speedster, assuming a poker face as he spoke to him in an almost fatherly manner. "Leave. Us. Alone. Go home."

With the speedster incapacitated — as usual — Keith was able to stand back up and redirect his focus to the elephant in the room: the swordsman currently running for their van. While he did have faith in his team just blowing the man away, he didn't want for them to be late, and he was more than capable of dealing with the Brit himself. And, God help him, if that man so much as touched the wheels that he paid for...

Placing two fingers to his temples, Keith extended his free hand, mentally reaching out as far as he could to Floyd and his flying sword in front of him before swiping left, letting loose all of his pent up mental energy to blow the sword — and its owner — off the streets and into the sidewalk, with the sword embedding itself into the shutters of the nearby comic book shop adjacent to him.

Keith physically let go of his temples and mentally let go of the swordsman and the sword, sighing as he rubbed the blood off of his nose with his hand, before grumbling at the annoying subconscious twitch that his hand was currently doing. As he passed them, the street lights beside him began to crackle and explode, plunging him into darkness as he approached the swordsman.

"Damn it."

CORE and PLEX go Hunting
    Fresno, California

The Enforcer twins' spaceship descended slowly above the human city, humming on its descent as its "wings" folded into its main body. The twins seemingly had a reckless disregard for human traffic laws since they landed right in the middle of the road, obstructing vehicles from passing as they stepped out onto the street, looking among the beeping and honking human vehicles as they stepped off and onto the road.

PLEX raised his arm, sending the ship unfurling back into its flying position as it flew off into the sky, leaving the two on the ground to inspect the amalgamation of stopped human vehicles and their wide-eyed occupants stepping out to ogle at the two Enforcers. CORE, on the other hand, had his right arm ready to morph into its arm-cannon form, spotting the strange rotor-based human flying craft known colloquially as a "helicopter" hovering above them.

For a fraction of a second, CORE's logic linked with PLEX's as he spotted several firearms in the possession of a few of these humans, raising his alertness.

>>SEVERAL HUMANS ARE ARMED. PLEX, INITIATE OPERATIONAL SECURITY.
>>LINKED COM ONLY. VOICE COM FOR INTERACTION.
>>THE HUMANS SHOULD NOT HEAR EVERYTHING WE SAY.
<\Affirmative, CORE. Initiating Threat Assessment Scan.

In mere seconds, their interaction was over, with PLEX stepping forward to activate his Threat Assessment Device. His eyes switched from their usual blue to a deep amber as he begun scanning the group in front of him, vehicles and all. In his vision, a translucent screen of amber panned across his vision, identifying several objects of interest in the possession of these humans, namely firearms. The helicopter brought up results linking it to a human Civil Defense agency or something similar, colloquially known as a "police force", while he could only distinguish one threat in particular out of dozens on the road.

He singled out the threat and marked it to his brother, ignoring the attempt at interaction at one of the police officers as he focused in on the sole "superhuman" in the midst of traffic, seemingly an ordinary adolescent human being inside of their vehicle.

>>THE RESULTS, BROTHER?
<\One. Searching social media archives now.
>>HURRY. THE HUMANS GROW IMPATIENT.
<\Results yield "OSCAR SCHMIDT" on "Face book" and "Capestagram." Previous criminal record for "disturbing the peace."
<\Additionally, one "catastrophic and explosive accident" on record.
<\I am unsure as to what these mean.
<\Information from "Capestagram" dictates that subject has the ability of manipulating plasma-based energy.
>>THEN IT IS A DANGER TO ALCYONEUS.
<\Indeed. Channel energy from dark matter cores, single salvo attack.

In unison, both of the Enforcers raised their arms, much to the alarm of the humans around them aiming at the individual in question who was preparing to leave his vehicle. Their armor shrugged off the warning shots that the police officers began firing as humans ran away, whilst the bluish-purple light in the "barrels" of their arm-cannons began to glow brighter and brighter...

Meanwhile
    Giovanni Emiliani's House

Kyle ran a hand through his red hair as he sipped his ginger beer slowly, slumped on the couch as he mindlessly scrolled through his Capestagram feed. The Firestarters, as of now, had been scattered all over town, with Billy messing around on the shadier parts of town with his bike looking for trouble, while those lovebirds Daniel and Kiera were probably off messing around near the cafe. This left himself to hang out with Giovanni, the team's leader and eldest, who was likely upstairs either snoozing or tediously working on his black and yellow jumpsuit, which had been damaged in their intense training session the week earlier. Kyle himself had his navy blue and black jumpsuit on, not feeling bothered enough to take it off after his escapade with a would-be mugger earlier that day.

Thus far, the Capestagram feed had yielded nothing but the same thing over and over. Updates on teams like the LA Stars, San Francisco Rising Suns, and some team called the Young Bloods filled his feed, along with the occasional meme that he laughed off.

Huh. User of the day is someone called Crassus. Wonder who that is—

"COMMANDER!"

Kyle practically tossed his phone up into the air as he looked around the room before his eyes darted to the miniature, action figure-sized Marine on the coffee table in front of him that was saluting him. "Uh.. erm... yes?"

"Scouts have reported an explosion near 10th street," The soldier explained. "Multiple civilian casualties. Scout Snipers have reported times two contacts on the road that we engaged."

Explosion? Two contacts on the road? Civilian casualties? All he was saying screamed supervillain activity.. but which one?

"Do you have an ID on those two contacts?" Kyle inquired. "Are they anyone we know?"

"Unknown. Intel describes them as giant figures made of seemingly chrome. Completely bulletproof. If you want, I can get the brass to have A-10s on their position in five mikes."

"Belay that order.." Kyle said, reaching for the remote as he heard thumping upstairs. He turned the TV on and, sure enough, the news were showing the scene from afar — several police vehicles had been blown away as the two hulking figures of chrome strode through downtown, ignoring the police shooting as them as they fired rather indiscriminately into crowds of fleeing people, as if they were deliberately targeting people on their rampage.

"You sure about no A-10s, sir?" The miniature soldier asked. "They're five mikes out.."

"We've got bigger support inbound," Kyle stood up as a bare-chested Giovanni came downstairs at full speed, panting as he held a phone to his ear as he struggled to put his jumpsuit on. Kyle commonly would make a joke that Gio would always look like a diver putting on a wetsuit in a similarly-colored jumpsuit, but right now, he had neither the time nor the desire to do so. People were dying and his team was scattered all throughout town. Now was no time for jokes.

"Kyle, you saw the news?" Gio panted, pulling on the rest of his jumpsuit. The red-haired teen nodded, extending his arm, where he turned the miniature soldier into an energy-like form, where he later disappeared into his palm. "Yeah, I saw the news. Looks like we got two ETs to deal with. You calling the others?"

"Billy didn't pick up — he's probably drivin—" Gio stopped, meaning that either Kiera or Daniel had picked up the phone. He set the phone down and put it on speaker, not bothering to try and put the rest of his jumpsuit on as he talked to them. "Hello? Dan? Kiera?"

"Hrmmmph..." A deep, groggy male voice answered on the other end, undoubtedly belonging to Daniel. Knowing him and Kiera, he didn't want to question whatever they were doing before he called. "Kind of the wrong time to call us, Gio.... 'Sup?"

"Two ETs, paisan." Gio explained. "Downtown. Meet us there, ASAP, cause right now it's just me and Kyle on our way there. Haven't heard back from Billy."

Daniel grumbled audibly. "Of all the days — Alright. Fine. We'll be there before you know it, man."

He hang up, just as Gio finished putting on his jumpsuit. The blonde Italian then nodded at his friend, pointing towards the stairs leading out of the basement floor while he pulled on his signature golden aviators. "Let's go, amico."

"Right."

As they made their way to the entrance of the house, they heard the rumbling of a sportbike engine near the door. Kyle and Gio both looked at each other, knowing very well who this was. Billy.

They made their way over to the front door and opened it, and sure enough, the blue-eyed youngster was already on his bike, tapping the space behind him presumably for Kyle to ride on. Gio called out to him first. "Billy! You saw the news?"

The brown-haired teen nodded. "Sure did. The Firestarters stomping killer robots from outer space? How could I resist."

"So, you ready?"

In response to this, Billy simply smiled, reaching into the pocket of the jacket he wore over his red and black jumpsuit, where he pulled out a similarly-colored headband and tied it around his forehead. He then turned to his friends, giving them his signature determined grin as he revved his motorcycle.

"Sure am. Let's go stomp some robo-behind."

Capestagram - The Social Network for Supeheroes

Last edited by Turmenista on Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Aidannadia
Senator

Founded: Nov 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Aidannadia » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:04 pm

July 18th
The Mall mostly

Aleta woke up the next morning frustrated, but determined. While her pride was still wounded after backing down last night, she knew it was the right move. I dont have hard prove. People don’t like it when you get rough with the cops, even if you look cool doing it. Maybe it would be a bit different when it came to Warwolf... She began to doubt herself, but righted her position before doing something rash. Nah. They’re too good. I’ll find something on them eventually though. But while that front is stalled, maybe I can work on our goody-two-shoes friends. She thought, remembering her rivalry with the Young Bloods.

“Right, Rena was gonna give me a run down on Stella. Well, I mean I did say South American Super Policy, but there’s no way she believed that lie about the school project, right?” Aleta mused while messing with clothes, making sure her tattoo showed on her collarbone in this outfit.

The stairs creaked with each step as Aleta walked down the steps towards the door. She groaned, hearing the telltale laughter and clinking glasses of her aunt and her friends down stairs. They spoke so loudly and never about anything important. She chuckled to herself, remembering thinking they were speaking in some secret code about drug rings, tax evasion, and human trafficking in their talks, but she never figured out the cipher. It was more likely they were just boring old ladies.

“So, there was some hollering and howling the other night. I thought some dogs were loose in my backyard, but turned out that my son and his friend were in their room making noise, so I knocked on the door and yelled at them to quiet down for now.” They all giggled to themselves. Aleta rolled her eyes.

“And how was your vacation in the Cayman’s?”

“Well, it was hardly a vacation. I was overseeing the shipping there personally. Everything seems to be in order and we can finally put the goods to some good use.” Aleta recognized her Aunt’s voice among the cacophony of speech, bragging about her successful work in running the family business.

She sighed under her breath and tried to hop her way to the door without her Aunt noticing. “Al, darling, come here! Stay a while! Say hello!” Auntie called from the other room just as the heroine touched the doorknob. I swear the old crone had eyes in the back of her head.

“I was just telling the girls about you graduating. You’re growing up so fast, my little cinnabon!” Auntie poked her slim stomach jokingly and the group laughed, their own jowls jiggling with their decadence. “You know, it wouldn’t be long before you would take over the family business-” She took a sip of her drink as the room began to settle for a moment, “- under my close eye mind you. Can’t have you spilling it all down the drain after your drink when you came home last night.” The room exploded with laughter once more, and Aleta gave a polite giggle, knowing full well that she never vomited the night before.

“You know, I was just going to meet a friend for school over in-”

Auntie immediately waved her hand dismissively. “Go, go. We needed to crack open a bottle of the good stuff and we couldn’t have you trying to snag the bottle out from under us after all.” Aleta nodded and began to hustle towards the door. Just as she was leaving, her Auntie began again.

“I heard the pharmaceuticals were taking a hit recen-” The door clicked behind her.

Meanwhile, on the other side of the city, in one of the many uncountable apartments dotting Wonder Tower, a somewhat different and slightly more lonely morning took place. Renata woke up to a slightly sore head and all of the memories of Mars and Wyatt's birthday the day before brushing past her at lightning speed. Brushing away some messy hair which had fallen on her face, the heroine took a look at her alarm clock. Seven thirty. That's better than the six I woke up on earlier, I suppose… The rest of the team was either asleep, gone or wasn't causing much of a hassle, so the whole tower was dead quiet. Perfect time to start one’s morning routine. Dressing up, brushing teeth, washing hair…

...drying hair…

Who could have thought that being able to absorb electromagnetic radiation, including heat, comes with the unfortunate effect of drying taking forever? With so much time dedicated to tediously cleaning every single strand of hair with a towel, Renata got a chance to think about a few things.

For example… Was I planning anything today? The answer dawned on her fairly quickly. Right, she was planning to meet with Aleta at the mall today? She needed some help with a summer project about South American superhuman policy and Renata decided to volunteer to help. Odd, she hadn't even known that Thomsen High has a thing like summer projects and summer work before - at least, she didn't receive one. Maybe it was something limited to underperforming students? Either way, there was no reason to wonder about the oddity of her friend having a summer project - for all she knew, her friend needed help and she offered to provide her help.

With the last few of her ponytails sufficiently dried, Renata hastily packed her handbag and left her room, and soon also Wonder Tower, destination - San Diego Mall.

The warm summer day shined brightly on the city below, a teen girl in her knock off sunglasses checking her phone for updates on her friend’s location as she entered the San Diego Mall. Between glances at her screen, she took in the terrain of beach bums, tourist families trying to grab a souvenir, and the occasional group of younger teens acting like they were much older than they were.

Aleta saw her friend’s familiar silhouette across the mall and hurried over. “Oh, heyyyyy, Rena-boo. Sorry I’m late. I had the worst Uber driver.” She gave a casual greeting kiss on the cheek. Renata, who hadn't noticed Aleta running towards her until the last moment, was pleasantly surprised and giggled in response, answering to her kiss in kind.

“Aw, don't sweat it, Aleta!” Renata replied. “I didn't waste that time, either. Visited the bookstore, got you some literature - for your project, you know?”

Renata's eyes lowered to the square paper bag she held in her hands. The logo of the local bookstore was plastered on it. Aleta raised an eyebrow and bit her lip in thought as she looked at the bag. Well, I went and done it now….

“Right, that all looks very… thorough.” Aleta nodded, holding back a sigh and maintaining an excited disposition. “I brought a few things with me as well.” She smiled genuinely, holding up a manila folder containing a few screenshots from her earlier research on Laser Girl, her time with the Condors, and a few assorted Young Blood posts that were only tangentially related to anything they would possibly cover.

Before Renata could continue talking with that energetic mouth of hers, Aleta raised her hands to stop her and began speaking. “This is a lot to unpack right away. Let’s go to the Kofe Cafe over there and grab a coffee, make some small talk, and ease our way into it, okay?” She smiled and began walking into the shop without waiting for a response.

“Yo, Jake, I need a vanilla bean latte with caramel, chocolate syrup, and a shot of cinnamon! Oh, throw in that cream cheese pastry too.” She yelled at the counter, the barista rolling his eyes. Aleta turned back to her companion. “ Do you want anything? I’m buying.” A playful wink assured her friend she had it covered.

“Really, Aleta?” Renata gave a response, with a tint of disapproving in her voice. She had never been a fan of other people buying things for her - not necessarily out of trying to keep up a rich girl persona, although such a reputation was far from alien to her, but more out of a feeling that it wouldn't be very nice to let her friends waste their money on her when they could use it to buy nice things to themselves and be happier that way. Trying to argue with Aleta over her paying wouldn't really be good in this situation, though, so Renata simply sighed and continued. “Fine, I’ll have a latte. And a cinnamon bun to go with it.”

The barista unenthusiastically marked down their orders and moved to the coffee machine. Renata turned her eyes back towards her friend. It was a little… odd, wasn't it? Maybe it was just Renata's inexperience in having a summer project showing, but Aleta didn't really feel like she was in the middle of working on one. Still her usual, outgoing self - you’d imagine that she would be under a little more… duress.

Aleta smiled, paid for their meals, and dragged Renata towards a corner booth that was designed to seat more like 6 people rather than 2. She lounged dramatically on the seating arrangement, and began. “So, how about you start? I don’t have much of a baseline for these topics.” Aleta said, smiling broadly despite dreading the idea of listening to superhero policy. Surely she wasn’t just going to read from a book? Maybe she had something interesting planned. Yeah, otherwise I think I might just die from boredom.

Renata clenched onto her chin a little, thinking how to start explaining it all. Aleta certainly was not the type to have the patience to listen to a hour long diatribe about politics, and, to be honest, the Ecuadorian girl was not enthusiastic about that either. “Well, for a start, you have to remember that the situation in South America is very different from the United States.”

Renata stopped speaking for a few seconds, as the same barista from earlier walked up to their table and put down the snacks and drinks ordered by the two girls. Swirling the tablespoon in her cup a little after pouring in some sugar, Renata continued:

“There are almost no heroes across the whole continent. The absolute majority of them are either mercenaries, villains or other trouble makers, the region is a mess, many countries are completely unable to stop the chaos.” The girl stopped for a few seconds, looking to the side with a thoughtful expression. The masses of refugees from neighbouring countries that Ecuadorian border guards would constantly intern felt like they were in a competition to reveal as much human suffering as possible. Even the United Nations had to be involved multiple times. “Ecuador is the big exception to this - I’m sure you know that, though.”

Aleta nodded, unsure that she remembered that entirely. “Oh, yeah, Ecuador has a superhero team doesn’t it? I feel like I remember seeing that skimming a few articles on the way over.” She coyly began, baiting Renata to bring up the Condors. And it was bait which Renata took almost immediately.

“That’s right, the Andean Condors. One if the oldest superhero teams on the continent, if I recall correctly!” she explained, her voice gaining a new surge of life. “We’re proud of them back in Ecuador - they represent us on the world stage, clean out crime, so on and so forth - and their presence is what sets us apart.”

“You sound like you like them alot.” Aleta smiled genuinely. Truth be told, in most of the circles that she had gathered information so far, she had found that the Condors were a very divisive topic. Aleta was never very political, so she tried to avoid these discussions whenever possible. Regardless, it was nice to hear something her friend was passionate about. “You know… I was looking around on the internet and I found a little gossip about a Condor?” She raised an eyebrow, sliding over a few photos. Unbeknownst to Aleta, she had actually handed her friend pictures of both her persona as Laser Girl and as Stella! The girl began to speak once more. “A lot of people try to connect these two figures. You know anything about that?”

Renata's eyes widened and mouth opened - and not necessarily out of the shock of learning the truth behind this conspiracy, either. Aleta was asking her about her superhero self! After the initial state of surprise faded, however, she was forced to hold back a snicker. She was asking her about her superhero self… without knowing that it’s her superhero self!.. After the initial glances, getting reminded of the times when the two photos were taken - after busting an underground rebel base in the Laser Girl one, and after the San Pharmaceuticals mission in the Stella one - Renata put them both down, thinking a little on how she should respond.

Perhaps… the best strategy would be to deny the connection. I don't want Aleta of all people to try to uncover my secret identity, right? After all, if Renata knew so much about both Stella and Laser Girl, then clearly she must be connected to them somehow, right?

“I… I’ve never heard of this gossip before. But I think the connection is superficial, at best.” the pink-haired girl muttered. Here's something legitimately new for her - lying to a good friend. “Stella is an American hero, right? Laser Girl, on the other hand, is from Ecuador. The costumes they wear are completely different, too.” she said, pointing to the pink-haired figure in both pictures. Laser Girl had the standard blue and golden Condor uniform, representing the two national colors of Ecuador, with a stylized feather cape. Stella, on the other hand, was wearing a sleazy, skintight dark red suit.

“It’s probably a coincidence.”

Aleta tore off a piece of her cream cheese pastry, musing on the merits of Renata’s argument. “Looks alone would certainly be coincidental, and it’s definitely a situation where the looks of this… um… hero are easy to pay attention too.” She glimpsed at the photo of Stella for a moment, blushing slightly before once again snapping to attention. “But two heroes with the same power, the same age, with one going inactive as another begins to make waves? That’s pretty remarkably coincidental, don’t you think?”

The sight of Aleta stumbling on her words and blushing while looking at her picture in costume caught Renata so off-guard that she pretty much froze in place, only metaphorically thawed out when her friends continued her questionnaire. The coincidence of Stella appearing when Laser Girl vanished was certainly going to be very hard to refute…

“Remarkably coincidental indeed, but I’m not convinced.” Renata replied, taking a sip from her mug. “I doubt Silver would just let Laser Girl travel to the United States and work there independently, knowing how bad the relations between this country and Ecuador are. They're probably strict about their membership, aren't they?”

Her inner voice was practically laughing at her right now.
“Probably? I thought you were the expert?” Aleta said, mostly poking fun at Renata rather than pressing for more answers. She loudly slurped at the bottom of her sugary drink, lamenting the fact that her body rejected caffeine as a foreign substance. At least sugar still works.

“Sorry, I guess I’m just on edge between the whole Young Blood debacle and Warwolf sniffing around showing up unannounced and I’m looking for answers when there are none.” Her face was a bit downcast, despite the few chuckles she gave in response to admitting it. She downed another piece of her pastry and spoke with her mouth full. “I can get a little paranoid sometimes.”

“Yeah, I see where you’re coming from,” Renata replied, leaning on her right hand and looking to the side. The conversation she had with Icarus a few days ago, before their… date, popped up in her mind. “Though, personally, I’m not as much on edge as you. Love it or hate it, Warwolf has been effective in stopping street crime so far, something this city desperately needed.”

Her focus suddenly went to something else, however. “What do you mean by the whole ‘Young Blood debacle’, though? They’re doing pretty well, aren’t they?”

Aleta became visibly frustrated when Renata mentioned Warwolf stopping street crime. In reality, most of her anger came from a mix of distrust and her encounter with them as Pitch, but she could hardly tell Rena that.

That anger didn’t fade at the mention of the Young Bloods. Again, her distaste for them stemmed from her own insecurities, but that was hardly something she could tell herself. “I mean, are you really gonna try to tell me that the Mask getting off was anything but suspect? Multiple murder charges just dropped after he disappears from his cell and a ‘surprise witness’ comes forward saying he was framed? What a joke. Look, cops look after their own, and that includes sponsored hero teams.” Her words took on a harsher tone. A few people from the table over glanced over for a moment at the pair. Renata attempted to give her friend a few visual cues to calm down, but to no avail.

“And what? They’re led by the worst member of the Justice Queens after he ran off? This beacon for the super community just lets the Mask back on the team? What kind of message does that send?” Aleta laughed cruelly. “Not to mention boring, weak heroes like Psyche being on the squad. It’s a wonder they managed to make it this far without something going wrong.”

Okay, this is going too far. Lacking any other way to turn this conversation away from getting too toxic, Renata softly placed her hand on Aleta’s, speaking:

“Shhh. Calm down, Aleta, everyone’s looking at you and your outburst.”

Well isn’t this a comical situation. Now Renata’s job is to defend her team from her friend’s verbal attacks without revealing that she is a part of that team. This was not what she imagined this meeting to go when she left Wonder Tower, that’s for sure…

“I… don’t think the situation is as bad as you say, Aleta. Honestly, the accusations towards the Mask had plenty of holes from the beginning - all of the evidence they had was fingerprints on his gun in the scene, which could have easily been implanted or misinterpreted. Sure, maybe inviting him back into the team so soon was not the best idea, but you can’t just abandon a professional hero when he’s available like that! And Psyche...” Psyche was Yoshi’s alias, right? Renata at least remembered that. “She’s a telepath, isn’t she? Honestly, I wouldn’t discount someone with a power like that as ‘weak’.”

Aleta almost jumped when Renata touched her hand, not realizing exactly where she was in the moment. “You know… your hands are always really cold Renata. Maybe you should wear some gloves or check if you have… circu--- lation issues or… something.” She looked at her friend once more, a little perplexed by how cold her hand actually was. It’s nothing. You’re being irrational. Your paranoia is acting up, you’re probably just hiper from the coffee. Still, the other possible explanations filled her mind, each one getting crossed off as she thought of the next.

Before long, she snapped back to reality. “I don’t suppose there is anything else about South American super policy you could tell me? That is why we’re here after all.” Phew, I almost forgot. Now, while she’s talking let’s get back to options…. I mean, we’re in photos together so I doubt she could be a vampire….

“My hands are cold?.. I, uh, don't think I’ve noticed that.” Renata quickly replied to Aleta’s earlier comment before moving her attention to her later question. Of course she knew that her hands were always cold and why. She touched Aleta’s hand with her skin and thus drained some of her heat as a result. It bothered her friend, but it didn't seem important enough for her to forget what they were discussing, so Renata decided to move on as well.

“Well, there isn't all that much I could add without preparing about it first, unless you want to hear more about Ecuador… I figured the books I bought would help you more in detail, right? I’ve got books about the first superheroes in South America, the rise of superhuman gangs and cartels, the wars against such cartels in Colombia and Peru… And a lot about Ecuador, of course, but that’s because it's such an omnipresent thing when talking about this subject.”

Renata took a few sips from her coffee. It was already lukewarm, as much of its heat had already been drained by her lips. “I’m probably being such a bore, aren't I?”

“Oh, yeah, of co-” Aleta realized halfway through what she was responding too, “O-of course, the books would probably be best. If you’re not into it, I don’t wanna force you.” She finished up her pastry and thought of what they could do next. “Do you wanna walk around? Maybe shop a bit more?”

“If you want to, sure! We’ve still got plenty of time today, right?” Renata replied. Seems like it - they spent less than an hour in this cafe, after all, so it wouldn't be nice to just end it here. The girl finished the last bits of coffee in her mug and wiped her lips. “Have you got anything in mind?”

Aleta put her finger just below her own lip in thought. “I know a few places, yeah. Come on.” She patted her friend’s hand again, noting that it still felt like flesh and not metal, still considering why it was colder than it should be.
Hey, my name is Aidan and I am still figuring out who I really am. Most of my views are some form of leftism someone could probably tell me is not leftism. I'm a guy.

Bentus
Senator

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:01 pm

Marionette
Warwolf facility, San Diego

The droning of alarms reverberated throughout the interior of the facility, a few emergency lights having turned on automatically as soon as it was placed on lockdown. The blinking warning signs cast harsh shadows across the walls of the former hospital, revealing the new security systems and equipment that Warwolf had already managed to install. Marionette couldn’t help but think that it was all a bit excessive really. Apart from the alarms, the extra lights and the occasional group of power-armoured hero-wannabees marching down the corridors, she would never have been able to tell that the building was under attack.

For a private army dedicated to combating superhumans, Warwolf seemed to have been caught on the back foot by the raid. Their sudden arrival in the city must have presented a serious strain on their logistics as the group found itself stretched thin practically overnight. With an amused smirk, Marionette wondered if they had planned for their surprise arrival to have given them a grave period before the San Diego super community reacted. That would have been a poor assumption on their part, but she was glad to be the there to show them the errors of their ways. Even if that Young Blood and the overly-compensating sword user just had to get in the way.

Pulling herself from her thoughts, Marionette peered around the next corner as her eyes scanned the path ahead. The Warwolf patrol that she had been waiting out had finally begun to move again, the heavy footsteps of their power armour gradually disappearing down the end of the hallway. As soon as the soldiers had disappeared out of sight, Marionette wasted no time in moving forward towards the now-unguarded door. Glancing over her shoulder to make sure that she hadn't been spotted, the villain pulled a bloodied keycard from her dress and pressed it against the reader. At first, the light flashed orange, which evoked an irritated scowl from the girl. Rubbing the card in an effort to remove some of the dried blood from its magnetic strip, Marionette was more successful on her second attempt and the door swung open to reveal a small, dark office.

Computer monitors and screens were plastered across the far wall, each of them showing a live feed from one of the countless security cameras that dotted the base. A single figure sat in front of the array of images, her eyes jumping between those that were streaming the ongoing skirmish in the courtyard. Marionette raised an impressed eyebrow, glad to see that the pair of idiots outside still seemed to be alive. At the very least, they were proving to be effective at drawing Warwolf’s attention and forces away from her own activities.

“Good shot charlie-3. Be advised that the hostile is still present in tower 3 and may still be a threat. Recommend that you move to engage.”

The voice of the radio operator was calm despite the scenes of chaos playing out in front of her. She sat with a headset placed firmly on her head, entirely unaware of the other figure that had just entered the room. Smirking, Marionette slowly closed the door behind her as she noted that it didn't seem that the pesky power armour was required for comms operators this far in the base.

“Hi, I'm a little bit lost.” Marionette’s voice caused the woman to jump in her seat, and as she turned to look at the pink girl standing behind her, her eyes widened in horror. “I was wondering if you might be able to help me out with some directions?”

Looking at the smirking girl, the hungry glimmer in the corner of her eye, the operator felt her heart skip a beat. Her eyes glanced warily over to her sidearm on the far side of the room. Seeing the direction of her gaze, Marionette’s smile seemed to widen, almost urging her to try something. The villains threads shot forward the instant the operator opened her mouth to scream for help, muffling the desperate cry in the confines of the security room.

Placing the officer’s severed hand on the scanner, Marionette waited patiently for the now-deceased man’s identity to be confirmed and for the door to slide open. The bodies of the two guards stationed at the door lay slumped on either side of it. The pair of them had left a trail of blood on the wall behind them, neither even having the chance to fire a shot before Marionette had struck. She was wearing a smug grin, even if a few small specks of blood had managed to get onto her dress. With the relevant security cameras taken care of, Marionette had a few minutes to herself before anyone noticed the absence of the communications operator, and she walked with a happy spring in her step. After some persuasion, the woman had been more than willing to help point her in the right direction, and it hadn't taken Marionette long to find the secure storage facility near the centre of the hospital. All that she needed to do now was get what she came for and leave in the chaos of the battle, easy as pie.

However, Marionettes pace began to slow as her smile was replaced with a furrowed brow. Eventually she came to a complete stop, her mind having wandered back to the fate of the two idiots still clashing with the Warwolf guards outside. Silently, the girl scowled at her hesitation. What did she care about what happened to them? It wasn't her fault that they had decided to attack the facility head on. And besides, the swordsman had just been plain rude. Yet Marionette felt a nugget of doubt in the back of her mind. It almost felt like a waste for them to just die due here at some small Warwolf base, even if it was as a result of their own stupidity. Not to mention that a part of her was curious to see the Young Blood’s power in action. Even if he was just one of the team B-listers.

Glancing to her right, Marionette looked at a large device threw a sheet of bulletproof plexiglass. It was almost like a fancy, futuristic power generator: a central spherical containment unit spinning within a primary housing. The power inhibitor was glowing slightly, and even if Marionette’s powers weren't affected by it, she could still feel it's influence causing the hairs on the back of her neck to stand on end.

Biting her lip, Marionette remained motionless for a few more seconds as she tried to make up her mind. Her final decision was inevitable really, her curiosity getting the better of her even if she knew that she'd probably regret the choice later. Turning to look at the plexiglass directly, threads began to extend from Marionettes fingers. Sighing, she muttered under her breath.

“Boys, always getting themselves in trouble.”
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
Forces active in a warzone.
At peace.
Member of The Galactic Economic and Security Organization

NationStates Belongs to All, Gameplay, Roleplay, and Nonplay Alike
Every NationStates Community Member, from Raider Kings to Brony Queens Make Us Awesome.
"Though I fly through the valley of Death, I shall fear no evil. For I am at the Karman line and climbing." - Bentusi SABRE motto

North America Inc wrote:13. If Finland SSR or Bentus anyone spams the Discord with shipping goals, I will personally tell your mother.

How Roleplays Die <= Good read for anyone interested in OPing

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse