NATION

PASSWORD

Young Bloods(IC, Reboot Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Bentus
Senator

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:04 am

The Nefarious Marionette!
San Diego

Following Marcy’s gaze towards the door, Lisette’s mouth turned upwards into her own smirk. The other girl’s proposition was sorely tempting, and she would have normally jumped at the prospect of revenge for her earlier humiliation. But that was just it: her whole life, Lisette had just been reacting impulsively. Even when she chose to become a villain, when she thought that she’d taken control of her own destiny for once, nothing had really changed. Though things were going to be different from now on, if she had anything to say about it. Shaking her head, the villain met Changeling’s gaze with a glimmer in her eyes.

“No. Even if we killed him, we’d get hunted by whoever replaced him - and the Bratva would be after us as well. If we made it out of here alive, we’d just be back to where we started. A pair of small-time villains on the streets, dismissed and ignored.” Lisette spoke the last few words with a hint of bitterness, recalling how the Young Bloods had dismissed her at the gala, and that stupid feeling of helplessness as she’d raced away in her tattered dress. Clenching her fists by her side, she resolved never to allow herself to be in that situation again. Never.

“We’ve got to be more patient than that.” Pausing for a moment, Lisette mulled over their options, the gears quickly grinding together in her head as she ran through all the schemes and plots that she could imagine. Slowly, the outlines of a plan began to emerge. It could work, but they’d have to be careful. “For now, we should keep acting normal. We’ll have more freedom to act once they lose interest and get distracted by something other than us. When we get our chance, we’ve got to make the most of it. And not just to get our revenge, we have to try to change everything if we’re going to get what we want.” Lisette offered the other girl a smirk. “Although the revenge is going to be nice, too.”

Bentus wrote:The Great Kabuto and the Mystifying Ashen Moth!
September 13

Steven Short
San Diego

“Hey, what the hell do you think you’re doing?!”

Steven raced forward into the office, his eyes wide at the sight that greeted him. Breathless from his less-than-ideal commute this morning, he’d even had trouble scanning his ID to get into the Channel 2 building. It was a situation only made worse by his desire to get back to the notes in his cubicle. He was close to a breakthrough in the story, and he was itching to get into the thick of it. And yet, now there were two of the building’s security guards standing over his desk, moving their grubby mits all over the stacks of paper and notepads that littered across it.

Seeing the furious man storming towards him, one of the security guards’ mouths turned into a frown. Shit, I thought they’d already cut his building access.

“Mr. Short, I need you to calm down before -”

Not listening to a word that was being said, Steven ripped a cardboard box from the man’s grip. As he glanced inside, his gaze narrowed as he saw that it was haphazardly filled with a collection of items that had been swept from his desk.

“The fuck?” He muttered, before glancing back up with a scowl. “Alright George Orwell, who gave you the right to go through my stuff? I’m only late by a couple minutes for crying out loud!”

“I did.”

The eyes of all three of the gathered men turned towards the female voice, along with those from some other curious onlookers who were quietly peering at the developing scene from their own cubicles. Standing with her arms folded across her chest, the woman struck an authoritative pose as she offered Steven a scowl at the scene he was causing.

“You did?” He said, confusion evident in his tone.

Met with the cold stare from his editor, a stare which he’d become all-too-used-to at this point, Steven glanced between the woman and the security guards for a few moments before things started to click. And when they did, his reaction was immediate.

“Oh, you are kidding me, Melissa. Why? What is it that I’m supposed to have done?” Steven demanded, feeling his confusion quickly being replaced by frustration. “If it’s still about Bart complaining that I crashed his interview, you and I both know that I boosted his ratings by asking an actually tough question. That arsewipe should be thanking me, not hounding me with complaints.”

“Firstly, watch your mouth when you’re my newsroom, Steven.” Melissa said, maintaining her cold expression. “And you know that I couldn’t care less about Bart complaining that he got shown up. I covered you that time, since I think you actually were doing some decent reporting.”

Steven frowned, not having expected the response. “Alright, I’ll bite. If it wasn’t Bart, then what was it?”

Melissa scoffed. “The fact that you even have to ask gives me all the more reason to kick your behind out of here.” Storming forward, she jabbed a finger harshly into Steven’s chest. “You broke into that gala, specifically after I told you not to. I stuck my neck out for you, and all you had to do was keep your head low while I cooled off some heads. But no, the intrepid Steven Short just couldn’t sit on his hands for a couple of days!”

“That’s what this is all about?” Steven said, genuine surprise creeping into his voice. “Oh come on, you know that I couldn’t just let them get away with such a clearly picked-out media gallery. Every story about the Supes after that would’ve just made me want to throw up. Besides, I didn’t actually publish anything about it.” Yet, Steven had to admit. But he figured that was a bit that he’d best leave unsaid.

“This is serious, Steven. I can’t remember the last time that I was getting emails from people this high above my paygrade, and they are not happy. After the stunt you pulled with Kabuto and Ashen Moth, they were already on edge, and now it looks like you’re getting blacklisted from the network.”

Steven blinked. “Blacklisted? Now hold on a second, that seems a bit extreme don’t you -”

Not letting him finish, Melissa sounded exasperated as she interrupted. “It’s not just Channel 2 either. I reached out to my contacts in the other networks, hell, I even tried calling some of the papers, and this is blanket. You are persona non grata in all of San Diego right now, and I need you out of this newsroom before you bring this shitstorm down on the rest of us.” She fired a scowl at the reporter, his expression slowly dawning with realisation at the mess that he’d found himself in. “But that’s what happens when a call comes in from Jordan Scott’s office.”

Steven’s eyes shot open. “Wait, this is all his doing?” Pausing, the reporter’s mouth turned upwards into a grin for what seemed like the first time all day. There was a glimmer in his eyes as he turned back towards Melissa. “I knew that he was involved in all of this, somehow. C’mon, Melissa, this is the surest sign yet that I’m onto something big. That bigwig is trying to use his influence to cover up the truth, and he knows that I’m getting close to blowing open this whole can of worms. The Young Bloods, the Wonder Foundation, Scott Industries, the whole fucking Super-NASL Complex is in on it, I know it!”

Melissa’s scowl deepened. “Or you pushed a very wealthy and very powerful man far enough that he actually bothered to notice you poking your nose where it’s not wanted. Not everyone liked how hard you’ve been gunning for the Young Bloods either. Face it, Steven - you picked the wrong fight this time. You’re canned.”

Trying to think fast, Steven almost pleaded with the woman. “You don’t believe that, I know you don’t. Taking risks and sticking up to the powers-that-be is part of the job. We could really hit it big with this story, the whole network would be begging for -”

“This isn’t just about you, Steven.” Melissa snapped. “I’ve got a whole newsroom to worry about, and this is hardly the first bloody time that you’ve rustled the wrong set of feathers. And even if I wanted to change things, this decision comes from the top. I can try to smooth things over, let you know when things quiet down, and you can reapply for a new post. It might even help if you come out with an apology and -”

“An apology?! Fuck that shit!” Steven blurted out, although the stern glare that his outburst evoked from his boss immediately made him regret it.

Glaring at the reporter, Melissa felt herself bristling at his stubbornness. Glancing at the pair of security guards, she offered them a curt nod. “You’re fired, Steven.” Turning on her heels, she began to stride away. “Grab your things and get out.”
Last edited by Bentus on Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
Forces active in a warzone.
At peace.
Member of The Galactic Economic and Security Organization

NationStates Belongs to All, Gameplay, Roleplay, and Nonplay Alike
Every NationStates Community Member, from Raider Kings to Brony Queens Make Us Awesome.
"Though I fly through the valley of Death, I shall fear no evil. For I am at the Karman line and climbing." - Bentusi SABRE motto

North America Inc wrote:13. If Finland SSR or Bentus anyone spams the Discord with shipping goals, I will personally tell your mother.

How Roleplays Die <= Good read for anyone interested in OPing

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Founded: May 17, 2014
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:10 pm

Tomia wrote:November 19th

Renata Martinez, the heroic Stella!

The team hasn't had a good few days. In retrospective, it was almost relieving that Roy was the only member of the team who dropped out from the team's ranks after what had happened in the mall - the atmosphere in Wonder Tower was soul-crushing and pensive, especially for Renata, who wasn't sure how to cope with the result. Even the arrival of two of Naja's former teammates, Cora and Katie, hardly solicited much excitement. That wasn't to say that Roy's absence wasn't difficult to deal with. Even if it wasn't really official, Renata saw him as the second highest authority in the team after Naja, and she was sure that her teammates felt the same. After all, he was the closest you could get to a professional, established hero in their ranks.

The heroine could not allow herself to just mope and groan, however. The Warhounds made a mistake of keeping them alive, and, God damned, they will have to use it. If only she could help lift the team's spirits...

And that's when the tickets to Ecuador, provided by her father a few months ago to allow them to make a trip there whenever they're able, came to mind. A quick call to the Carondelet Palace later, Renata was already packing her bags and running across the corridors to tell everyone what was happening.

Ecuador might not be the best possible place to spend a vacation to relax and the girl definitely had a lot of reservations, especially for when her father was bound to get involved, but it's definitely safe, and if they keep a low touristy profile, maybe Dad won't bother them much either. There, they'll be out of sight from the Warhounds and come to terms with whatever their plan next will be.

At least, that's how Renata imagined it.

Hauling a travelling bag over her back, the girl stepped into the private plane and handed it to the pilot standing by the stairway, who swiftly shoved the bag into one of the trays overhead.

"I'm, uh, not that good of a tour guide, just as a warning in advance," Renata explained as she leaned by and folded her arms. "Not that we can't get a guide, it's just... I won't be able to give you guys a thousand words of exposition if we come across the statue of winged Mary or something."
I have a severe case of addiction to writing. At least 3k words every day is my fix.

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

Agritum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Agritum » Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:11 pm

Tomia wrote:November 19th

Ellery Bastion, a totally ordinary student at Thomson High

Getting an almost free vacation to some beach resort in Southern America was far better than any other option Elle had for November, which mostly involved taking difficult treks in the Death Valley or more realistically, binge eating icecream while going through her Prime Video backlog. Hoisting her plain black duffel bag in the tray, the dark-haired girl smiled lightly as Renata exploited the plane's pilot as her own personal lackey. She never changed.

"It's okay, Renata." Elle interjected, retrieving a thin book from the tray. Depicting two gentle-looking lizards, the book proudly recited 'Lonely Planet: Ecuador y Islas Galapagos'. "This is the latest edition with all the background stuff about the Condor Regi...government, I mean. I've given it a quick read: it's pretty good and it's not hefty to carry around. It's not like we're going to have internet everywhere, anyway."

Elle sat next to her friend, crossing her legs and resting her neck on the quite comfortable seating, letting out a relieved sigh. "Ohh, is this what executive jets feel like? I'm digging it."

Absolon-7
Diplomat

Founded: May 11, 2014
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Absolon-7 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:12 pm

Absolon-7 wrote:Part 1

The One Where Casimir, Ash, and Red Start a Detective Agency Part 2
November 5th
Northern California

The trio of Red, Ash, and Casimir had arrived in his hometown on a day that was conveniently when their teachers had a meeting, so Ash was finally free. Casimir had forgoed thinking about what it meant to come back here but now that he was here it was like a giant bug zapper. He was walking down the street after going to a convenience store for an emergency supply of snacks.

He pitied how they would never see how great he was for that’s how dull and dim they were. The greatest hero in their midst and they were none the wiser. With a glare in his eye he walked up to his old house and opened the gate, the metal creaking ever so slightly. He really hated overthinking pointless shit like being back in this town. It served nothing.

Tucked away behind a stone fence in a normal neighborhood in the town, the three story house offered a calm and comfortable refuge to the teens inside. Incredibly old paintings hung here and there in the house and dusty pictures of a family long gone. The most noticeable picture in the stairs showed an attractive young woman with short hair and glasses cradling a fat baby Casimir and both were held on either side by a muscular man with a grand beard and a young girl with jet black hair beaming at the camera. A large coffee table was plastered with a score of documents and a bright light shone in as Casimir slammed the door open.

“Alright I got the beef jerky for Ash and the box of fucking twinkies for Red,” said Casimir tossing a bag to each of his friends sitting on the sofa, “So where were we?”

Catching the box of twinkies and eyeing them warrily, Red placed the snacks in front of him before letting out a small sigh. “Still trying to figure out where the hell to even start,” he answered, his gaze wandering down to the various documents that filled the table.

“Well let’s take it from the top. Last time you said something about Northwest News Station being given press authorization for the scene despite not existing for decades, a fake police chief’s signature, and Ash having been conveniently with Wonder Foundation,” stated Casimir throwing himself onto a couch to the side of where Red and Ash where, “So why don’t we go where that criminal was killed? Been over a year since their death but might as well.”

Reaching over to the large portable mug of coffee that had sustained him thus far on their road trip, Red took a long sip of the hot beverage before replying. “Wouldn’t hurt to start scrounging around there.” His gaze narrowed, however, as he glanced over to where Ash lay beside him. Although her boundless excitement had kept her wide-eyed and talkative during the long trip from San Diego, she’d been all but knocked out by the time they’d arrived. Having ignored Red and Casimir’s insistence on sleeping in the car, the mutant was now sound asleep on the couch - her chest slowly rising and falling beneath the blanket that they’d draped over her. Turning back to Casimir, Red kept his voice low in an effort not to wake her. “Actually, about that. I know this might seem odd to request here, Casimir, but I’d think it’d be best if Ash didn’t come with us there.”

The table fell silent for several moments as Red waited for a response.

“What?” blurted out Casimir scrunching his eyes at Red, “Well why the hell not?”

Casimir got up slightly on his seat before scratching the side of his head, “I have a better idea actually. Why don’t we split up. You can go investigate the warehouse while I go call in a favor with the police chief here as Kabuto. Ash can come with me.”

Red paused for a few moments before nodding, but not before he’d cast a slight frown towards the still-sleeping girl. He hadn’t wanted to say it out loud, but he secretly worried what might occur should Ash discover anything further about what had really happened. Although he couldn’t guarantee that it would remain hidden forever, the secret that that two shared remained safe for the moment.

“Sounds like a plan. Just try not to get into too much trouble over there, eh?” Red said with a small grin on his face. Taking one last sip out of his mug of coffee, he reluctantly began to get up from his seat, taking care as to not jostle his right arm too much as it rested in its sling. Of course, his warnings to Casimir were beyond hypocritical at this point, considering that he had yet to recover from his own injuries from their previous encounter with the Warhounds. The fact that Naja had even allowed him to go on this mission was a miracle in of itself, and likely wouldn’t have occurred had it not been for the constant harassment and complaining from the stubborn redhead.

“I’ll meet you guys back here tonight. If anything comes up, give me a buzz over the communicators,” Red continued, reaching up with his still good arm and giving his earpiece a light tap. Walking away from the table towards the front doorway, he halted in his footsteps as he reached the exit, a small lingering thought entering his mind as he glanced back at Casimir.

“Just be careful where you stick your nose in, Bug Boy.”

And with that, Red exited the house, leaving the remaining two to themselves.

Munching on her strip of jerky, Ash gazed up at the large family portrait above her. Standing in the dim lounge room that had become the trio’s de facto base of operations, she felt like the image dominated the space. Old pictures and photographs dotted the walls, but this one nevertheless drew her towards it, standing out amongst its peers as a centrepiece. Chewing quietly, Ash’s gaze studied the four individuals that looked unblinkingly out of the frame. She knew who they were, and she couldn’t help but imagine what the two adults must have been like, and what the whole family must have been like when they’d been together. Both of Casimir’s parents were beaming, with her mother cradling his small form with a loving embrace as his father wrapped his large arms around them both.

Tugging on the blanket that she still kept wrapped around her shoulders, Ash’s eyes drifted towards an open door that led into the kitchen. Sounds of activity could be heard coming from within, and light trickled out through the doorway as Casimir set about making sure that all the appliances were still working well enough to make them a proper dinner. Swallowing the jerky in her mouth, Ash frowned slightly as she remained out of eyesight of the other hero. She’d been blown away when she’d found out that this was Casimir’s house, and that it looked like they’d both grown up in the same town! It had felt like the kind of turn of fate that she’d read about in books and seen in movies, but the distant look in her friend’s eyes had caused her to hold her tongue. His response had been far more muted than her own, and the more Ash thought about it, the more questions and doubts had crept into her mind. Sure, she was still overjoyed to find out that their origin stories were connected, but if it was such a good thing, why had Casimir not told her earlier? And why did he seem so out of place within his own house? Shouldn’t he have been happy to come back and visit where he grew up?

The mutant’s brow furrowed with confusion, and she frowned as she struggled to decipher whatever thoughts were going through her best friend’s head. But that wasn’t the only reason that she felt her nerves flying around in her belly. Fiddling with a pair of her hands, Ash wondered what she was supposed to do next. Ash didn’t often leave the Tower, especially not without the rest of the team. Back there, they were never truly alone, and it had always felt like a space for all of them to share. But now they were outside even of San Diego, and Red had left her and Casimir in a house all by themselves.

Smiling sheepishly, Ash glanced away from the kitchen as a hint of colour touched her cheeks. Mika had said that she’d know when it was a good time to tell Casimir how she felt, and that she had to make sure that she grabbed the opportunity when it appeared. This trip seemed like it had to be the perfect time: she’d learn about her past, and Casimir and her would learn about how their lives had been intertwined in the past. And yet, the other hero was more grim and withdrawn than she’d expected. He’d hardly even really spoken to her since they’d arrived, and he seemed to be unable to even sit still in the large and empty house. It was obvious to the mutant that something was bothering him, but she couldn’t for the life of her figure out what it was.

No, it didn’t matter. Whatever it was, and whatever happened later, Ash had to do her best to try and cheer him up. That was what best friends did for each other, after all. And if this was going to be her moment, she couldn’t let Casimir feel gloomy before she made her move. Buzzing across the room, the mutant pushed a smile on her face as she flew into the kitchen. Hovering just behind her teammate, she beamed at Casimir excitedly.

“I still cannot believe that this is your house!” She said, her eyes brimming with curiosity. “You and your sister grew up here, yes? It seems like it must have been very nice.”

“Nah it sucked,” casually said Casimir, walking past Ash as he reached over to a duffel bag to the side of his couch. He placed it on his lap and opened up the zipper to pull out his Kabuto helmet, “Well it was really good for a bit when I was a kid. Went to shit pretty quick when my parents died though.”

Casimir got up from his seat but unwittingly relied on his previously broken arm to get up making him wince. He grabbed onto it, wincing as he rubbed it, “Sheesh it's still sore.”

He got out his costume and held it in his hands as he began walking away, “I’m gonna go change into this so wait by the back door alright?”

“Yeah, sure!” Ash maintained her wide smile even as Casimir walked by her without even a passing glance. “Do not take too long, yes?”

If the other hero had heard her final, half-serious comment, he made no indication of it, and Ash simply heard the door to his room close behind him. Now out of sight of her friend, the girl’s expression fell once more. Sighing at her failed efforts to improve Casimir’s mood, Ash hoped that her comment hadn’t accidentally even made things worse. Glancing back into the kitchen, she caught sight of her own frowning reflection in the window.

Why did Mika make it sound so easy?
Last edited by Absolon-7 on Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

United Kingdom of Poland
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 08, 2012
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby United Kingdom of Poland » Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:28 pm

As much as she might have hated to admit it, maybe a vacation wasn’t such a bad thing for her and the team. Roy not being around to greet her every morning had been hard to get used to, and hiding the fact she was still talking with him from the rest of the team hurt like hell. Even worse was how much she was being babied. Kylie and Cora taking time from the rest of the teams training to work with her personally on her combat skills was nice. Being all but barred from going on routine crime fighting patrols and always being escorted any time she left the island was a major pain in her ass and made her work with Roy a lot more complicated than it needed to be.

Now if only they weren’t going to a superhuman authoritarian police state that was sure to have extra surveillance on them since the head honcho’s daughter was part of the group. She told Roy about the trip, and he’d agreed to meet her in Ecuador, she'd just have to figure out where and find a way to shake both Ecuador surveillance teams and her own friends… no big deal.

Stepping onto the plan, she spotted Mars sitting by himself near the front of the plane. The two hadn’t really talked since the ambush, and Mars didn’t do a good job of hiding the guilt he had over what happened to Wendy. “Ready for some much needed R&R?” She asked, sliding into the seat across from him.

Galnius
Post Marshal

Founded: May 15, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby Galnius » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:29 am

Mikaela Mynd
October 31st, Halloween

Mika let out a long sigh. She stood in front of a large bathroom mirror. Concealers, blush, foundations, and all sorts of other false faces were strewn out on the counter in front of her. Once upon a time, she knew exactly how to use them. Exactly how to contour them to cover any flaw, and how to hide any secrets. That all stopped a year ago, but now she was here again. Muscle memory guided her through the motions, and as she paled her face and rosed her cheeks, she made sure to cover any marks from the past night. Hide anything she didn't need seen. She was to play a part, and doll up. Luckily, her mother was out, and she'd be going out herself, joining other girls all under guises of their own.

Mika paused, her lipstick halfway across a scar. What scars did the others have? Ash seemed so innocent, but there was no way someone like her didn't have it rough earlier in life. Astrid was guarded, and had been subjected to the cruelty that Mika had watched. Perhaps Ava had seen Mika those times, the eternal bystander, too cynical and afraid to step in. Maybe that's why, even with her pretending to enjoy having Mika around, she stayed at a distance. Or maybe it was just how making friends worked. Just playacting. Then there was Ava, the one Mika didn't know how to read. With Ash, Mika just had to play nice and pretend to care. Or actually care. It did seem to move into that, didn't it. With Astrid, a simple farce seemed enough. But Ava...she seemed to want nothing, content with just being loud at the table among those she called friends. It was odd. Still, Mika had to hope that it was enough to get something in return.

Mika came back to reality to see that she had finished subconsciously. It looked....good. She couldn't see anything that looked like a terrible mistake, and the pale skin of her face contrasted perfectly with her dress for the occasion. Behind her, dark black wings were folded, awaiting a simple command to outstretch behind her. The look was complete, save for one thing. Mika remembered the words of Ava when they had first talked about all this, and honestly, the extensions should work well.

However, as she was trying to put them on, she felt a sharp pain, where a bruise had formed on the back of her head. She tossed them on the floor, and looked at herself once more. A few hairs were out of place, the bump on her lip was not down all the way, and the cracks in the mirror just barely hid the cracks she could feel in her facade. Still, today was all about pretending, and today she'd pretend today had never happened. She grabbed a small backpack, filling it with all the photos she made need, and put on a smile. With a picture of the completed look, she sent a message to the others.

Sup bitches, I'm gonna be at the school in about 15. If you're late, you're carrying everyone's shit for the rest of the night. Mika grabbed her keys from her bed, hopped in her car, and took one last look at herself in the mirror before speeding off. It was Halloween, and today she was going to hijack the town with the first friends she had ever made. All but one...but honestly, she was still confused about where he landed in all of this.
I've read your Sig! I've read your soul

Before you complain, remember, Kangaroos can't hop backwards. Really makes your problems seem small don't it.

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Nov 12, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:16 pm

Finland SSR wrote:Renata

Despite his best efforts at trying to cheer the team up by hosting a game of Dungeon and Dragons, he could only have done so much and the team definitely needed something a bit more to uplift their spirits. Taking Jason to N'Toak was a started and went well enough that they were considering letting him bring more of his friends to visit, but Renata invited them all to go on a vacation trip to Ecuador. The country most considered to be the superhuman capital of the world. For a brief moment, he wasn't sure it was a good idea. It was somewhat unstable politically and didn't want any trouble after the last few days.

But then the thought that her dad would likely have the best security he could muster, as well as all of the tagalongs from the team there. Which made it about as safe as could be. Renata explained that she was far from a tour guide so to not expect much on that front. "I don't think you need to worry about that." He chimed in. "As long as you know some fun hotspots and places to eat, I'm sure we'll all be happy to just relax and spend some time together relaxing. Besides, I was planning something similar and I'm more than happy to let someone else do it first!" He said, mostly as a joke. "Plus, I'm probably obligated to go with you as your squad leader."

North America Inc
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 07, 2013
Capitalizt

Postby North America Inc » Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:20 pm

Shihong Smith
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:-Kiris-

Nodding as Kiris went along, Shi stayed quiet, cordial as you could reasonably expect. The lull of silence continued, the ignorance of the two obvious. It was within this lull however, Shi had a slight epiphany. Beyond her squad, she barely knew anyone on the team. An eyebrow was raised. She looked away from the alien, still nodding as she listened. On one hand you would be closer to those you work with everyday than those you see sparingly. On the other, she did live with them so they weren't exactly far. The team had swelled in size from it's original seven forming all sorts of cliques and friendships, and once again, she failed to be included in those groups. Could it be her perfectionism and pride made it difficult for her to connect with equals? No that can't be it. What if they were planning to do something against the interest of the organization, that would look horrible on her already flawed performance. The team was a hotbed of egos and immaturity, and yet she barely had anything in the way of emotional blackmail. She shook her head and snapped her head back to Kiris. "Oh I'm so sorry, I was just thinking of something." She smiled warmly at the bubbly alien, "Well that's good. I've never been to Adai before. Or any other planet before. What is it like?"

As Kiris gave her the crash course on her home-world as well as a surface level history lesson on it, she continued down her train of thought. The squad leaders had to be prioritized. Greater interaction with Alexis and Wyatt? Maybe. Both are competent...hmm. Maybe reach out to Alexis to look into that artifact of mine? The sound of the whirling ceiling fan caught her attention, the blades spinning so fast yet she barely felt a breeze. Renata is still Renata. Self destructive and impulsive. Probably can't get more out of her. Useful idiot for subversive missions? It was so much to consider and so much to think about. This hospitalization already reflected so poorly on her, the lack of meaningful connections was just another example of her getting sloppy. She needed new avenues, new connections to nurture and build. Viv could work. Bubbly and childish like Ash. None of that other baggage. Though... Actually associating with some fat girl really didn't look good through a PR lens. The team had more than enough candidates, narrowing down to a select few was the challenge.

After listening to that brief overview, Shi leaned towards Kiris and put her plan into action. "Well thank you Kiris for coming, it really means a lot. I really need to rest right now..." Now for dramatic effect, look off to the side, "But later, well, would you want to hang out some time? Actually hang out. Not me being here bed-ridden. Just have some fun and really get to know each other. You know what I mean?"

The Republic of Atria wrote:-Jason-

"That's fair but you're just describing the symptoms of what I am talking about." Shi leaned up against the bed frame, sitting up towards Jason, "The team being so large exacerbates this situation. If Roy can't lead us on the field, I don't expect him to be able to handle the behind the scenes either. Our approach to situations is because of our lack of unity, people didn't it because they don't see the need too. The Spy drones and the bugs weren't used because everyone takes a combat focused approach first. No one wants to do basic support since they see fights as themselves against the villain. Not the team against another team. We have no big picture, and that culture won't change unless other's accept that truth."

A nurse walked into the room, passing Jason and reaching over to the IV bag. As he changed it out, the two heroes said nothing waiting for the person to leave. After administering a new fluid, he left and the teenagers resumed. "You're right, we need less solo play. Ask yourself though, do you expect anyone to implement that? Support is boring, the action is why people signed up to be a hero in the first place." Changing the discussion slightly, "I honestly don't know a third of the people on the team. Beyond just their name and face. Luckily there's been far less recruitment lately but we'll see if that continues...." A sudden cold spike ran through her back, the fluid quickly getting to work, "We might lose some people as I think about it. If their injuries are that bad or due to personal reasons. Whatever the case, hopefully the rest of us have at least modicum of introspection. All I, we, can do right now is just continue to focus on the mission and staying strong together."
Last edited by North America Inc on Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Absolon-7
Diplomat

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Absolon-7 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:48 pm

DELETED
Last edited by Absolon-7 on Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Absolon-7
Diplomat

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Absolon-7 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:51 pm

Absolon-7 wrote:Part 2

The One Where Casimir, Ash, and Red Start a Detective Agency Part 3
November 5th
Northern California

Walking through the crumbled ruins of the warehouse, a small scowl had etched its way onto Red’s face as he came face to face with the reality of the situation he was in. Truth be told, he hadn’t expected there to be much to find in the first place, given that this was a former crime scene that just over a year ago had been plucked clean of anything remotely useful. Still, as he made his rounds through the building, he couldn’t help but feel disappointed in the fact that he hadn’t found anything of note in his investigations.

Moving his way through the dilapidated building, Red found his mind wandering. His thoughts drifted back to the past few days, to the multiple times he felt like his life had been turned upside down in such a short space of time. He’d been throwing himself into the team, working himself down to the bone. They all had. And yet they’d still found themselves beaten to the brink at the mall. Worse, they’d been humiliated in the process. Now, Roy had thrown in the towel and left them to fend for themselves, Mars was gutted by the whole thing, and Red wasn’t even sure that there’d still be a team by the time he, Casimir and Ash got back to San Diego. And if that were the case, where the hell would it leave him? Sighing, the hero shook his head to dispel that train of thought. There wasn’t any point in worrying about what-ifs. He’d never been particularly good at it, anyway. Better to keep his attention focused on the task at hand, where it belonged.

Suddenly, the sound of objects clattering onto the warehouse’s concrete floor, along with accompanying muttered curses, caused Red to whip around. Narrowing his gaze towards the neighbouring room, he cautiously began to creep towards the disturbance. There shouldn’t have been anyone else in here, not this long after this part of town had been all but abandoned by businesses and residents alike. Sneaking through the doorway while making sure that he wouldn’t be easily seen by anyone watching the perimeter, Red pressed himself up against a column before peering around the corner.

“Damn it, there’s got to be something here.” Steven muttered. The reporter was on his knees, rustling through a pile of old junk and debris. A flashlight lay on the floor beside him, oriented so that it offered some illumination for his work. He sifted through the pieces of rubbish with a practiced - albeit less-than-enthused - ease. Most of it was literal garbage, or a close-enough-approximation that had been deposited at some point by the town’s homeless community. But every once in a while, he caught a glimpse of a potential gem: a newspaper clipping or a work order left from the time of the crime. Focused on his work, and fully expecting to be all by himself, he hadn’t noticed the pair of eyes watching him from nearby.

Soon after getting dressed into his costume the two slipped outside hidden under the cover of darkness and made their way to the town’s police station. A light on the second floor indicated that the police chief was doing overtime and Casimir leaped upwards in a single into the office’s open window. The police chief nearly fell off his chair in complete disbelief at the hero’s arrival.

“Holy shit Kabuto!,” the chief said holding onto his chest. An uncomfortable twitch made his thick moustache move around but he soon regained his nerves, “It’s been a real long time since the last time you jumped up here. What brings you here? Aren’t you with the Young Bloods now?”

Casimir straightened up and signaled for Ash to enter the office herself. It wasn’t more than a moment before the sound of flapping wings signalled the girl’s arrival through the same window. Touching down in the chief’s office, she was wearing a nervous grin as she scanned the room. Seeing the police officer, Ash did her best to offer Casimir’s old friend a friendly smile, waving one of her hands in greeting.

Ignoring the slight frown that twitched at the police chief’s mouth, Casimir calmly continued. “Where’s the harm in visiting my old stomping grounds? Anyway I need a favor.”

“A favor? You can’t just ask the police chief for favors,” The chief said indignantly.

“Who put away the previous police chief for collaborating with the KP Soneras,” brusquely retorted Casimir folding his arms, “Which left the opening for you to fill in. Plus this isn’t for me it’s for my friend. Anyways, I need to see the file for his death.”

The police chief glanced over at Ash, perplexed at the moth girl before slowly nodding. “I have some questions about what happened after that incident so maybe this will help both of us. I’m the only one with a key for the storeroom right now so I’ll get it. Excuse me.”

Casimir looked at the police chief as he exited the room and leaned back into the wall, “The file is probably going to have more juicy details that aren't in what Red found for us so we’ll be on the trail of that weird news group in no time. And if we follow their trail it’ll lead us to your home. Ha! I’m such a genius.”

Allowing her smile to creep wider, Ash nodded at the other hero. Things were moving so quickly that she felt like she was struggling to keep up. They were getting close to finding her family, she was sure of it. And yet, why did she feel so weird about it all? Fidgeting with a pair of her hands, she tried to place a finger on the tumbling sensation in her chest - a mixture of fear and excitement, with a healthy helping of apprehension. Glancing towards Casimir, Ash pressed down on her own nerves. Doubts and hesitation weren’t the reactions of a hero! She nodded firmly at him, a fire lighting in her eye.

“Right!” She said determinedly. “We are getting close, I know it.” Pausing, she stole another look around the room. It was fairly small - a far cry from the spacious offices that she’d seen Naja and other heroes use. This was actually the first police station she’d ever been in (or at least that she could recall having been in), and a nagging curiosity tugged at the back of her mind. “This Police Chief is a former ally of yours, yes?” She asked, sounding genuinely interested. “You two must have worked together to fight against the villains when you lived here?”

“You could say that,” said Casimir crossing his arms, “He was basically my inside man for cleaning up the garbage in the police when I fought the gangs and later a bit of help for containment in the later part of my career here.”

“I guess he was okay. Bit too whiny for my liking though,” Casimir walked over to the old desk to pick up a newspaper on it and he glanced it over before slapping it back down as he began laughing, “One time he got swallowed up by some frog mutant and once I got him out the stink didn’t go away for a week!”

Ash noticeably perked up at Casimir’s comment. Her antennae betrayed her interest as he started to laugh at the memory, even as she turned to look at him with a glimmer in her eye. “A mutant?” She asked, excitement creeping into her tone. “Like me, yes?” Her mouth turned upwards into a hopeful smile. “This could also be a lead! Maybe we should find this frog mutant and speak to him about what he knows. He might even know something about me!”

“Huh? No clue how that can happen since he’s dead courtesy of this guy,” said Casimir in a bewildered tone pointing at himself with his thumb, “And I wouldn’t say he was like you. You’re smart but this frog fuck could barely form a sentence without breaking down in animal screams at the end. Plus he had a nasty habit of wanting to kill everything and anything.”

Casimir stood straight up to stop leaning on the wall before pacing a bit into the middle of the room, “And he was the tamest one if ya can believe that, ha!”

The casual, confident reply inadvertently struck Ash like a physical blow. Her antennae recoiled and her eyes widened in surprise as Casimir dismissed her idea and revealed that he’d killed the other mutant. For a moment, she was left speechless as she processed the new information before recollecting her wits about herself. “Oh, I see.”

Ash glanced away, her brow furrowing as she tried to straighten out the knot in her stomach. Heroes didn’t kill people, not unless there wasn’t any other choice. The mutant must have been a really horrid villain in order to force the Great Kabuto into such an action, surely. And Casimir had made it clear that this mutant was nothing like her either, he might not have even been capable of responding to any questions that they could have asked him. He fought like an animal, lashing out and attacking to kill and harm anyone around him. He’d really been a monster, Ash assured herself.

She shifted uneasily as memories of her ill-fated interview surfaced in her thoughts. She recalled the looks of shock that had grown on the faces in the crowd, how the way they looked at her changed after they saw the video of her biting the rioter’s finger. And when she’d first met Casimir, hadn’t she also lashed out to attack him and the others?

“Yes. I suppose that you are right.” She replied, although there was no disguising the unease that marred her words. Trying to push aside the uncomfortable thoughts, she turned back to Casimir with a forced smile. “But it is fine. We will find other leads, yes?”

Casimir noticed the sharp movements and pained eyes of Ash once he revealed the tidbit about killing the mutant. Surely she couldn’t have thought that someone as promising as her was the same as that murderous scoundrel. It must’ve been something else then that was in her mind then.

“Of course we’ll find other leads. We’re going to any minute now. Don’t see why you…” Casimir cut himself off as he thought back to the strange reaction from Ash. Wouldn’t this be the type of situation Viv told him to not push it right now? Or was at the thing where Viv told him to be more careful with what he says? She’d say something like ‘the police chief is coming any minute why are you bringing that up?!’ It would be cute of her but he guessed she had a point, “It’s actually the best lead we could ever hope for. Once we dig into it finding out your past should be the easiest thing in the whole world.”

Just then the police chief opened up the door to let himself in, “I hope I’m not interrupting anything.”

He walked past them towards his desk and laid out the decently sized folder at the center of his desk. He struggled to move aside a lot of the junk that accumulated on his desk and motioned for both of them to come over with his hands, “Both of you might want to take a seat. There’s a lot to cover if you want everything.”
Last edited by Absolon-7 on Sun Apr 17, 2022 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:42 am

The Republic of Atria wrote:Wyatt

Elle was the first to suddenly jump at Renata, speaking about how she's already equipped with a handbook on all the places they can visit in Ecuador - all while making sure to bring up her father's regime and put salt on the wound, if clearly unintentionally. Renata simply sighed, however - she didn't take her seat by Elle just yet, instead staying by and watching to see just how many of her friends were going to make the journey with her. Not everyone was going, after all.

"You know those booklets are made to attract people to tourist traps, right?" the girl replied to Elle, faintly grinning. "I bet you it says that we should visit La Ronda, and doesn't mention that it's just one huge mass of tourists and 15 Sucre coffees."

Wyatt spoke next - the Dra'Quinni was forgiving towards her self-declared inability to guide the team, while at the same time assuring that because he was tagging along from his duties as a team leader. "Come on, squad leaders aren't supposed to be babysitters..." Renata immediately grumbled under her breath, then continued:

"I mean, yeah, you're right." Her eyes then wandered off through the window for a second. "Though I imagine bringing twenty people, some of them actual aliens, crashing in is probably a lot different than just going there alone like usual..."
I have a severe case of addiction to writing. At least 3k words every day is my fix.

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

Zarkenis Ultima
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 22, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Zarkenis Ultima » Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:12 pm

October 26th

New Neros wrote:---

"Go ahead. It's not like your friend here hasn't already told some of the other kids to do as they please." The redhead shrugged nonchalantly in response to Ava's question. There was still some trace of the arrogance she usually carried herself with when dealing with humans - like when she had visited Kiris at the tower months ago - but it was mostly subdued, as she didn't want to cause a scene or do anything that would detract from her sister's long-desired reunion. Instead, she simply leaned back against the wall and watched curiously as the battered teens mingled, for the most part ignoring her and Torvalt's presence, something that surprised her but didn't displease her.

Kirisvala herself didn't pay much attention to that, instead focusing on Ava's answer to her question. The black-haired girl seemed excited to tell the Hadrian all about her stay on the team and Kiris couldn't be happier about it - here was someone eager to talk to her despite them not knowing each other well and her being gone from the team for so long. It was heartwarming, and the pink-haired girl had a bright smile on her face as she listened, even when Ava brought up the scars she had incurred throughout her brief career as a superheroine. She knew very well that there were many who valued scars as marks of pride from battles well fought, rather than reviling them.

A frown replaced her smile as the topic was brought back to the grisly events of that night, however. The horror of being unable to help someone close to you and the feeling of helplessness that came with it, both were familiar to her, and even though her friend assured her that she would be fine, Kirisvala leaned closer and pulled her into a tight hug, the way she would've liked to be held in the past.

"It's okay. I get that you're sad and angry. I've been sad and angry too. But don't worry, you'll start gettin' better I promise, ya just have to give it little time." She said in an attempt to reassure her friend. "You're not useless, Ava."

October 27th

North America Inc wrote:---

After speaking, the pink-haired girl fixed her gaze on Shi, noticing that she seemed somewhat out of it, staring off into space with a raised eyebrow before looking back at her and rejoining the conversation. Hearing the idol ask her about Adai, Kirisvala beamed.

"Oh it's a wonderful place. I can't really tell ya everythin' about it because I haven't been to many places beyond my home, but I can give ya a rundown." She spoke, before giving Shi a brief summary about her planet, describing a few key locations and cultural landmarks as well as outlining their history, going from the age of strife and the birth of nations to the great war and her species' subsequent expansion across the stars.

After giving her friend the overview, she noticed that Shi didn't seem too keen on continuing through that line of conversation, instead thanking her for her visit. Kiris nodded and smiled at the Asian girl, preparing to head out as she stated that she needed to rest. But the words that followed made the alien girl feel warm inside - not only was her visit welcome, but Shi also wanted to spend more time with her in the future and get to know her better. Hearing that from someone she had not seen in a while and wasn't all that close with to begin with was quite the pleasant surprise.

"Of course, Shi! I'd be happy to!" Kiris replied cheerfully, before heading for the door. "I'll let ya rest for now but we'll hang out later! Bye for now!"

November 5th

The Rebel Alliances wrote:---

"What are we doin' today, Torvalt?" A girly voice with an Australian accent spoke up from the hallway leading up to the gym as footsteps were drawing closer and closer, one pair relatively light, the other lumbering and heavy.

"We will spar, Lady Kirisvala." Another voice spoke, deep and rumbling like the vowels of the earth, with a rough, raspy quality to it.

"Really? I thought ya wanted me to keep practicin' the-" The first voice began before suddenly stopping as a certain pink-haired girl of clear alien origins stepped into Wonder Tower's gym dressed in what appeared to be sports clothes adapted to her physiology. Walking in behind her was a giant of a Hadrian with a white mane, bare chested and wearing only a pair of baggy red pants. Upon entering, the first thing they saw was of course the unfamiliar human.

"Oh, g'day! I didn't know someone else was usin' the gym." Kiris stated, before taking a closer look at the boy. She didn't recognize him at all, and she had been here for over a week already, so it stood to reason she would've seen everyone who joined while she was gone, at least in passing. He also didn't seem to fit the description of any of the newcomers she had heard about. "I haven't seen ya around here before, are ya new?" She asked him. "I'm Kiris by the way, nice to meet ya!"

November 19th

Tomia wrote:---
Finland SSR wrote:---

Today was the big day. After the demoralizing event that was their defeat at the hands of the Warhounds, along with Roy's departure from the team, the Young Bloods were going on a relaxing vacation to Renata's home in Ecuador. The past three weeks had been rough but now they finally had a chance to forget about their struggles and instead socialize and have fun as teens are wont to do. And of course Kiris wasn't planning to miss out on any of that. On the day of their departure - scheduled to be the first day of 'thanksgiving break', whatever that was - Kirisvala arrived at the airfield dressed in an elegant black sundress and sandals, with a bag hanging from her shoulder and a rolling suitcase trailing behind her.

Sadly, not everyone had decided to go on the trip. Many of the newcomers had opted to stay back home, which meant that she wouldn't have the chance to get to know them better during their vacation. On top of that, some of her closer friends would also be missing from the trip, such as Alexis. Naja had reassured her that her friend was fine, but even so, she had barely seen the quirky blonde engineer since her return, even though they used to be so close before she left for Adai to improve herself. Had she done something wrong?

Shaking the thought from her head, the alien girl decided to focus instead on the good times ahead and boarded the plane. RIght off the bat, she saw Renata standing near the back with Elle and who seemed to be the pilot, as well as Mars sitting at the front across from Wendy. "G'day everyone!" She greeted her teammates, before turning to her boyfriend and leaning down towards him, giving him a tender kiss on the cheek. "Hi Marsy." She spoke, giggling afterwards as she stood up straight and placed her suitcase on the luggage compartment above her seat.

Rather than sit down right away however, Kiris decided she'd head to the back to talk to the others. She noticed that Mars and Wendy were caught up in a conversation and didn't want to interrupt after all. "I'll see ya in a bit." She told her boyfriend as she made her way to where Renata and the others were, noticing also the presence of Wyatt. She got there just in time to hear something about it being different to bring aliens back home, and the comment made her feel somewhat concerned.

"What do ya mean different? It's not gonna cause any trouble is it?" She asked.
Hello! I'm your friendly neighborhood roleplayer cat. If you need any help, send me a TG and I'll see what I can do!
P2TM Community Discussion Thread

Absolon-7
Diplomat

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Absolon-7 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:19 pm

Viviana Couture November 9th
Viviana noticed that the diner was strangely empty as she finished restocking the salt shakers and napkins on one of the tables. She leaned back to stretch her shoulders and noticed that the owner-manager was busy precariously standing on a chair trying to clean the top part of the street side windows. She walked towards him careful to not be in his possible trajectory of where he could fall and with her hands clasped behind her back she spoked up.

“Gonna take my break now boss,” she said pacing a few steps away from him, “Haven’t gotten that many people the past few days, eh.”

“It’s that barbeque shop on the other street’s fault,” said the manager idly cleaning the windows and humming along to the radio, “That owner of theirs has been one upping me since we were in school dammit.”

“....Okaayyyyyy,” said Viviana, going to the back of the diner.

She left her apron there as she went out the back door to go to sit outside on a shade covered bench for a bit as she unpacked her lunch. She had on her a sandwich, a bottle of strawberry milk, and chips so she was all together satisfied. She scrolled on her phone looking at the usual sites but some local news of the Young Bloods defeat caught her eye. It was mostly about the destruction that had taken place inside the mall and it made her shiver inside. She moved one hand to caress her arm thinking back to the stinging cold of the ice grenades Buckshot had used as well as her petty meanness.

She took a bite of her sandwich but she frowned thinking on that bully. She couldn’t understand why that wench loved being so mean. She literally kicked her while she was down! The low rumble of a car driving by the street close by caught her attention and she found herself sighing staring into the skyline. Maybe this was a signal to call it quits. Having powers used to be a signal for her to put them to use and be a hero but this last mission muddled the water. But there was a part of her that didn’t want to quit and to stick through it with the team and her friends there.

Well at least there was always a chance to improve herself. Not like that could be said for this waitress gig which was pretty boring. She didn’t really want to work here forever but she didn’t feel like going to college right now was the best option. Well she had decided to take a gap year so she could cross that line when she got there. Plus she had no idea what she’d major in or what sort of job she’d study for. Like what would she even do once she got there. But this not knowing what to do and leaving it for later seemed self-defeating. Like it was an iceberg to her USS Future. What could she even do? What do I want to do? Viviana huddled herself up to her knees and looked down at the ground resting her forehead on her arms.

She briefly thought back to an assignment in 1st grade she had to do. Something about a future career goal.... There was her 1st grade self in overalls at the front of the class holding up a wrinkled piece of paper about what career they wanted when they grew up...“‘What I want to do’ by Viviana Cutter, I want to be a frilled neck lizard!”...Frilled neck...frilled-neck. She suddenly leaned back onto the bench and covered her face with her hands. I don’t know what to do and I don’t want to be a frilled-neck lizard. But if I was a lizard I wouldn’t have to worry about this stuff. Viviana got up from the bench and started to pace back and forth stroking her chin. No, I need to think realistically. What do I want to be?...I can't think of anything!....No, getting depressed won’t help me. I can’t think of anything because I’m thinking of what I want to be. I should think of what I want to do! What do I want to do?

“Ah, I’m back at square one!” she exclaimed, ruffling up her own hair.

Why did her head have to spin itself into this dumb loop all the time? She breathed out slowly to soothe herself as she dropped herself back onto the bench. Okay. Crisis over. But it won’t do me any good if I just spiral into the same thoughts later. It won’t do me any good to trip myself before I even start the race really…

A beep on her phone signaled that her break was over which made Viviana sigh in disappointment that she spent it fussing over nothing instead of enjoying her meal. She packed up her lunch and headed back inside typing up her hair as she walked through the door to greet the manager.

“Oh you came right on time! We got our first customer of the day right in front,” said the manager heating up the stove.

“Gotcha,” she said walking to the table where she saw a tall woman dressed in an all white suit and a top hat. Hey she looks familiar...Oh crap oh crap...

Viviana nervously walked up to the table with a small notebook in hand to take the woman’s order when she basically felt a jolt go down her spine. This was the San Francisco Sun’s sidekick, Gattoparda, that she fought and beat in the tournament! She wondered what the woman could be doing all the way here. “Hey there. Your order ready, Miss?”

Gattoparda slowly looked up at her with complete disdain, “Yes. I’ll take a hamburger plain. That’s it.”

“Okie dokie. Any drinks or sides?” she said scribbling the order.

“I said that’s it,” said the tall woman sternly.

“Okaayyyy. Will have your burger right up Miss,” eagerly said Viviana going to deposit the order.

“It’ll be ready in a jiffy, Miss” called over Viviana to Gattoparda.

She just had to stay cool and stay calm just like Angelica. Viviana tried to make herself busy by cleaning an already clean table but Gattoparda’s incessant grumbling was a touch too intimidating and annoying. Out of the corner of her eye she noticed that the woman was now busy calling someone up which made her sigh in relief. If she had her attention elsewhere then she could avoid making small talk with a meanie like her…Just how much longer until her shift ended?

Absolon-7
Diplomat

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Absolon-7 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:12 pm

DELETED
Last edited by Absolon-7 on Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Auropa
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Auropa » Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:06 pm

October 26th
Mike Mathews
Wonder Tower

Breathing out slowly, Mike closed his eyes and concentrated as he tried to reach out to the small metal pipe before him with his powers. For a few moments nothing happened, his room remained still and silent as time steadily ticked by. The incident at the mall left him more confused than anything else. He had missed the fight, just barely managed to get his own team to safety and on top of everything else, had to deal with being completely uninjured while a good number from the team were still unconious in hospital. He should be angry, furious even that they didn't even hesitate to run into such an obvious trap. And yet…

A soft rustling broke his train of thought as the pipe started to shift. He knew he could strengthen it or destroy it without much difficulty nowadays, but he wanted something more. When he needed to get Wyatt and Red out, there was barely anything he could do. As useful as his powers could be, it felt like he was reaching a limit with them, or at least the way he was using them was. As things were, everything he did felt improvised, he could shift debris into crude clubs or shields, turn his oponents' weapons against them or shore up just about any defence and while he was proud of all of it, it wasn’t enough to protect his team. Up until now, he had tried to deal with every problem through brute force and while it often worked in his favour, it did nothing against the people he couldn’t reach or those that were already stronger than him. So focusing his influence further, Mike tried something different. It was slow at first, but soon enough the pipe seemed to melt into itself and pool together before gradually taking a rough triangular shape. Pushing himself further and starting to feel beads of sweat across his forehead, Mike began to refine the growing shape. The rough, jagged edges turned sharp then smooth and over the next few minutes, a perfectly made metallic pyramid started to take form. “Not bad” Mike finally admitted to himself as he picked up then tossed the object between his hands.

‘Suck it universe, I have triangle.’ He thought as he came back to reality and put his small creation back down. It wasn't much, but it was something and with enough time, it could even become something useful, or at least he hoped it would. The team hadn’t really ‘lost’ before, and he wasn’t all that sure about how everyone was going to handle it, let alone how he was supposed to handle them. He knew that he should be going out and helping everyone, but when he tried to think up something he could say to them, his mind went blank and nothing came to him. So instead he closed his eyes and began refocusing, he couldn’t do anything about what had already happened but he could work to stop it from happening again.

November 19th
Airstrip

Between school, the generally heavy atmosphere at the tower and his own mostly quiet nature, Mike had spent most of the time after the mission either training alone or just doing his best to keep up with his seemingly endless piles of homework. So when he received a message about a team holiday in Ecuador out of the blue, he was surprised but also more than a little excited. So after a few dozen hours of packing, emptying and re-packing his luggage then sacrificing his pride in exchange for a lift, Mike stepped out onto the airstrip.

“All grown up and heading off to see the world. I’m so proud.” A voice dripping with sarcasm called out from behind him. And while Mike did his best to ignore his uncle’s taunts, Kross was more than happy to continue regardless. “To think little Mike was capable of making friends all along. And rich friends too. Don’t suppose you know if the little princess’ dad is hiring? Lord knows I need a holiday more than-“

“Oh my god! Please just leave already!” Mike finally called out immediately wishing he hadn’t given Kross the satisfaction.

“And here I was thinking you’d ask me to tag along. Low blow kid, real harsh.”

“Kross I swear, if you don’t start leaving, I’m gonna blow up the car with you in it.” Mike shot back as the momentary thought of his uncle coming with him sent an icy shiver down his spine.

“Okay, okay, I’m going. But only because you threatened violence.” Kross half laughed as the car started rolling back before turning away from the airfield. “Don’t do anything I would and grab me a souvenir!” He shouted as the car picked up speed and peeled away.

Pausing for a moment to ensure Kross had left for good, Mike let out a pent up, exasperated sigh. His uncle wasn't doing anything particularly wrong, but ever since the mall he had been near constantly staying a little too close and the whole thing was getting a bit suffocating for the young hero. But now, thankfully on his own, Mike slung a large bag over his shoulder and made his way towards the plane, pausing for a fraction of a second as the sounds of conversation passed his ears. ‘Can’t hide for ever…’ he told himself as he stepped forward and entered the cabin.

“Uhhh, hey guys.” He managed to say as he took in the jet's luxiours interior before spotting Casimir stowing his bags and decided to do the same. “Wow, taking a lotta bags aren’t you? You’re not smuggling any of your little friends in there are you?” He asked somewhat awkwardly in his best attempt at making a joke before realising there was a good chance he probably didn’t want to hear the answer.

“So Ecuador right! Are we planning a visit to La Ronda? I read a bit on some of the places to see and a ton of people recommended it. We could make a day of it or something, maybe head over there, grab a few coffees and check out some of the sights.” He asked openly.

Zarkenis Ultima
Post Czar

Democratic Socialists

Postby Zarkenis Ultima » Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:55 pm

October 26th

It was late night and most other Young Bloods had gone off to sleep already, but a certain pink-haired girl was still up and awake, walking towards her boyfriend’s door for the second time that night, this time with a plate of pizza in her hands and a smaller blue companion trailing behind her, taking in the scents and sights of the inside of Wonder Tower after a night spent frolicking outside.

I hope he’s awake... The girl thought as she continued walking through the winding hallways, ever closer to her destination, until suddenly Korigan ran forward from behind her and stopped just in front of Mars’ room, sniffing at the door. Surprised, Kiris wondered why. Was it because some of her scent lingered from when she had visited earlier? Or because Korigan was curious about the person inside?

Either way, Kirisvala walked up to the door, nudged the azure wolf aside with her foot and then knocked twice. “Marsy? I brought ya pizza, figured ya might be hungry since ya didn’t come to the livin’ room…”

“Hey Kiris! Come in!” Mars called through the door as he was sitting at his computer across the room. He was still upset about Roy leaving of course, but that didn’t make the prospect of Kiris being back any less exciting.

Hearing her boyfriend’s voice, the alien girl grinned excitedly and opened the door with her free hand. The second it was open, Korigan ran inside and promptly looked around, taking in the scents that were present within the room and running underneath the furniture to explore it more thoroughly. Kirisvala chuckled nervously at the sight - it was endearing to see her companion act like this, but at the same time, the thought that an unknown creature barging into his room might upset Mars mortified her.

“Korin!” She shouted at the azure wolf, and then barked out an order that seemed to cause the creature to come out from under the bed and stand mostly still, though he still sniffed at both Mars and the bed, which had the most of her scent in it after Mars and Kiris’ earlier encounter.

“Sorry, he’s excited about seein’ an all new planet and all.” She explained with an apologetic smile before walking behind Mars’ chair, setting down the pizza on his desk and in the same motion hugging him tenderly from behind. “Here ya go, darlin’.” She said with a giggle.

Mars was a little surprised to see a strange looking animal run into his room. It was kind of like a dog, but Mars could tell it wasn’t from Earth. It calmed down at Kiris’ voice and it was clear that this was some kind of pet to her.

“Uh… good dog?” He said to Korin as he smiled at Kiris’ hug. “Hey, thanks for bringing me this. I didn’t end up feeling like coming down.” He told her, frowning a bit as he reached for the pizza. “Roy and I... kind of got into a fight.”

“A fight?” Kiris asked with her arms still wrapped around her boyfriend, her voice betraying her confusion. Mars and Roy were pretty close as far as the team’s boys went, so hearing that they got into a fight came as a shock. She took a moment to bark out a command that made Korigan leave the room before turning back to her boyfriend. “What… what did ya fight about?” She asked, though she had a hunch as to what the answer was already.

“Well… He quit.” Mars said, struggling to get the words out a bit. “He wanted the team shutdown, but Naja wouldn’t do it, so he decided to leave. We both said some things, and then he hit me and just left.” He said as he placed the pizza back on the plate and then pushed it away. Remembering the fight took away his appetite.

Kiris frowned upon hearing the grim news. She might not have been as close with Roy as Mars was, but he was still her squad leader whom she admired, as well as a friend who had supported her in the past, not to mention the de facto leader of the Young Bloods. The fact that he had just left before she could see him again or say goodbye stung.

But as Mars finished the story, that budding gloom turned to concern. “What?!” She spoke in shock as she hastily turned her boyfriend’s chair around and observed him carefully. “Your cheek’s red… did he hurt ya?” She asked him, her concern slowly turning into frustration and indignation. “What was he thinkin’?! After ya barely made it back from that mission…”

“I’m fine Kiris really,” He reassured her. “I get why he is upset. He feels responsible for us. I just… didn’t think he would give up on us like that. I’ve always looked up to Roy, ever since we met. Now it feels kind of like I’m on my own.” He said, and a new look of resolve appeared on his face. “But maybe I don’t need Roy, maybe this is my chance to show that I really can lead. Roy doesn’t think I’m ready, but this is my chance to prove him wrong. And I’ll work harder than ever to do that.”

With a frown on her face, Kiris begrudgingly accepted the boy’s reasoning. She could understand that Roy’s fury at seeing the team, his team, defeated so viciously would lead him to such rash actions, though it didn’t make her any happier with it.

Seeing the change in Mars’ expression, however, the alien girl found herself staring into his eyes intently. That wasn’t the soft, warm, shy look of the boy she’d fallen in love with, and yet, seeing that drive, that steely resolution in his eyes, it made her heart beat faster. I wouldn’t mind seein’ more of this part of ya… She thought as she reached out and tenderly caressed his face,

“Ya can do it, Marsy. I’m sure of it.” She said with a warm smile and loving eyes. “And I’ll be with ya every step of the way.”

Mars smiled warmly back at Kiris, realizing how much he missed being around her. “Thanks Kiris, that means a lot to me. I know I can always count on you, and you can count on me.” He told her before leaning in towards her. The girl followed suit and joined him in a kiss that was slower, more drawn out than the ones before.

When they finally parted, Kiris grinned. “I missed this.” She said, slightly out of breath.

“Ya, me too.” He said, grinning back. He reached out and cupped her face gently in his hand, noticing something had changed about her hair. “Hey, what’s this?” He asked, holding a lock of Kiris’ hair that was now red.

“Oh, ya noticed?” She giggled. “I got it done in Adai.” She said, knowing that any further explanation would just detract from the moment “Do ya like it?”

“Ya, it looks good on you.” Mars replied, holding the red lock of hair between his fingers for a moment. Kiris laughed softly.

“Good answer!” She said before abruptly straightening up. Then, before Mars could react, the alien girl sat down on her boyfriend’s lap and threw her arms around his neck, her tail gently coiling around his right leg as she leaned closer until their faces were nearly touching.

“Now, where were we?”

October 27th

The next morning Angelica was still in her room resting, her mother, who had returned that morning, had stepped out to get her daughter something to eat for breakfast. She checked her phone quickly and it became clear that she had not been depicted kindly in the film that the Warhounds had released. In her anger she had threatened to kill Buckshot, and that was not being viewed kindly by the court of public opinion that was the internet. She groaned in frustration as she dropped her phone onto the floor and dropped her head back to the pillow.

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door, but the voice calling on the other side wasn’t that of Diana Simmons, it was that of a much younger girl with a peculiar accent. “Angie, are ya awake? Can I come in?” The Hadrian girl on the other side asked cautiously, taking care not to be too loud.

“Kiris? Ya sure, come on in.”

Hearing Angelica’s response, Kiris walked in, closing the door behind her. “G’day Angie, it’s nice to see ya again.” She said with a smile as she walked closer to her friend. “I brought ya some… oh, ya dropped this.” The pink-haired girl said as she crouched to pick up Angelica’s phone, offering it back to her.

“Uh, thanks…” Angelica said, trying to be polite as Kiris handed her her phone back. “I didn’t realize you were back on Earth. How was Adai?” She asked, trying to ignore the fact that their reunion came while Angelica was in a hospital bed.

“It was fine, I enjoyed goin’ back home, I can tell ya more about it later if ya want.” She said with her usual cheer, though it was clear that she didn’t want to talk about it right now. This was the third person that asked her about it that day after all, and if at all possible, she preferred to talk about other things - like everything she might’ve missed in the months she was gone.

Before that, however, the pink-haired girl took a plastic spoon and a takeout box and handed them to Angelica. “Here, I brought ya some enchiladas!”

“Oh, thanks, that’s really nice of you.” Angelica said, not mentioning that her mother had also gone out to get breakfast. She took the box gratefully, as she considered what to say next. It seemed like Kiris wasn’t keen to talk about Adai and so Angelica wouldn’t press the issue. “Well I’m glad you’re back. But I wish you came back to a better welcome… Things got pretty messed up last night.”

“Yeah, I know…” The Hadrian girl nodded, a grim expression on her face. “I would’ve liked to come back earlier too so that I could try to help, but there’s nothin’ we can do about that now.” She said, before forcing herself to smile at the bedridden blonde. “I’m just happy I can still visit ya and talk with ya. It doesn’t really matter if I didn’t get the welcome I was hopin’ for, as long as I can still see my friends.”

Angelica managed a small smile at that, her and Kiris had bonded a bit since they were living together at the tower and Angelica appreciated how genuinely kind of a person she was. “I missed that optimism in my life.” She joked playfully before continuing. “So how is Mars? I’m sure he was glad to see you. He’s been bouncing off the walls waiting for you to come back.”

Kiris grinned at her friend’s joke and then listened as she asked a question about Mars, giggling at her choice of words. “Well he better have! I had been lookin’ forward to seeing him again too after all!” She spoke, pausing for a moment before continuing. “He’s fine, we stayed up late talkin’ yesterday. He’s a little shaken because of… well everythin’ that happened, but that’s all.” She explained. She figured it wasn’t her place to mention what happened between him and Roy, or that the latter had left the team - she didn’t have the full details anyway.

Angelica nodded, feeling she was missing something but didn’t want to push. “Ya, I can understand that. I still haven’t talked to Alexis… but she probably doesn’t want to talk to me anyway.”

Kiris tilted her head at that comment, wondering what had prompted it. “Why, did somethin’ happen between ya?” She asked the frosty blonde. “Ya two were good friends, weren’t ya?”

The frost hero had the realization that Kiris hadn’t actually know that the two of them were together. “Well right around when you left, Alexis and I kind of became a couple. It was weird and complicated, but we were happy for a while. But then we had a fight, I said some really mean things. We haven’t really talked since.” Angelica had a distant look in her eyes as she filled Kiris in.

Kiris’ expression was one of surprise as she heard that her best friend was dating none other than the frosty heroine. A part of her was happy that they had found each other, but then, with the Warhounds’ attack and now this, she knew that these weren’t exactly happy times. “I’m sorry you’re goin’ through that, Angie. But I’m sure things will get better between the two of ya, just give it some time. Lexi’s a very sweet girl and so are ya, I’m sure you’ll get through this.” She said with an encouraging smile, hoping to change that look on her friend’s face.

Angelica managed a small smile at Kiris’ words. “Well, thanks, that's really sweet. Hey, do you think you could visit her too? I think she’d really appreciate it, and it’d be nice to know someone looked in on her.”

“Oh, um, sure thing!” Kiris replied, perhaps a little more awkwardly than she might’ve otherwise. The truth was that she had already tried to visit Alexis before, but she was already gone. She doubted that that’d make Angelica feel any better though, so for now she’d play along. “I’m gonna go visit the others now Angie. Rest up okay?” The alien girl said as she stood up and prepared to leave. ”And enjoy your enchiladas!”
Last edited by Zarkenis Ultima on Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hello! I'm your friendly neighborhood roleplayer cat. If you need any help, send me a TG and I'll see what I can do!

The Rebel Alliances
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Rebel Alliances » Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:13 pm

Chase Collins-San Diego, November 5th

I wasn't in the gym very long before others began to arrive just as I caught the basketball after scoring a two point shot. I could hear the accents before I spotted them and neither sounded native to San Diego. One was perhaps Australian and the other just sounded a bit...alien. But both definitely spoke in English. I turned around two see two Hadrians and despite the history classes I never really saw one in person. Sure I definitely recognize the girl from Carol, this Young Blood is definitely one of her favorites. I bounced the ball and tossed it between my hands as I made my way to the pair.

"Yeah sorry, just using your Gym while my sis gets a guided tour. She is a big Young Blood fan, actually...your Crystal Heart right? Your actually one of Carol's favorites. You, Makeshift and...Red Princess." I then realized I had not introduced myself.

"I'm Chase by the way, no one special. Not a hero or anything. I then turned and shot the ball towards the goal, and was about to turn back around and continue talking to Kiris until I realized that the ball was going to miss.

"Hold up a second..." I then in a burst of speed dashed over to the goal jumped up, caught the ball and tossed it into the hoop. Then casually walking back over to Kiris after landing.

"Sorry bout that, anyways I'm pretty fast. Look um, I know your probably busy seeing as you came here with him." I said nodding to the larger man with the mane. "But it would mean a lot to Carol to meet you, today is her birthday. That's why we are here. She should be in the tower, if you want to come say hello. But no pressure, I understand you probably get this kind of thing a lot and if you would rather avoid that kind of thing here at the tower." I asked her hoping she would say yes, but understanding too if she didn't.
My RP Nation is the Islamic Republic of Alamon

The Starlight wrote:Rebel Force: Noun - A strange power associated with street-level characters who are the weakest, yet most powerful of all.

New Neros
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 14, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Neros » Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:53 pm

Mark Nemo | Ava Waldstein

The interstellar hero smacked away at his bowl of off-brand frosted mini wheat, an occasional slurp accompanying the disgusting noises Mark could produce, driving a deep seeded rage within Ava. It took her little time to think of an appropriate way to get Mark back for being such an ass. “So, you pretty excited about the trip Renata’s taking us on?” She asked as Mark finished off his bowl and wiped the milk from his lips and chin, Ava giving him a quick snarl from disgust.

“Oh yeah,” Mark replied, “I’ve been running around with school, training, and part-time hero work, so I’d love a little change of pace for once. Maybe I can find a badass villain hiding out in the jungles or the mountains to just trade punches and blow off some steam, ya know?” He seemed pretty happy, genuine at that, and Ava was quite ready to end his gleeful mood.

“Awesome, awesome, just sucks that I can’t go with ya.” She said, turning her head to hide her smirk. As Mark asked why not, Ava continued, “Well, my parents didn’t want to sign my permission slip. Too dangerous to leave the city after what happened in the mall a month back. Did you get your parents to sign the permission slip?”

Mark seemed bewildered, “Permission slip?” He asked, “I never got one. Does Naja have ‘em? I need to go get mine signed before we leave, I really don’t want to miss this trip.” The Corpsman seemed a bit flushed and was ready to head over to Naja’s office, but Ava stopped him quickly and handed over a printed sheet. “Oh yeah!” He exclaimed, “Your parents didn’t sign yours, so I can use it, right?”

“Absolutely, pal of mine. Tell you what, I’ll hold down the fort here with some of the other guys and gals, you have fun out in South America. Just be sure to give that to Naja with your parents signature.” She stressed the word parents, which caused an eye twitch in Mark, which Ava recognized as him thinking deeply. "Finley don’t count, by the way.” She clarified, “They wouldn’t accept my step-dads signature either, had to be from both biological parents.” Mark studied the paper a bit while Ava stifled her laughter and made her exit. “Well, I gotta go catch up with Shi. see ya later, star boy.”

Carefully folding the paper and putting it in his back pocket, Mark left the Tower, determined to get the paper signed and go on that trip with the rest of the team, no matter how hard or how far he had to search for his parents.
Looking for a good time? Horizon Academy is the place to be! | Do Forum Mods dream of sexual DEAT?
Reploid Productions wrote:I have had to read a lot of erotic RP telegrams in the past four months and it does all start to run together into one giant mass of penises, vaginas, breasts, tentacles, dildos, bodily fluids and so on.

Tomia
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 13, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Tomia » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:44 pm

November 19th, Private Plane
Mars saw Wendy come and sit down next to him and initially diverted his eyes on instinct, but realized he couldn't just ignore her sitting there so he was forced to look up and great her. Ever since the attack, and his argument with Roy he had felt guilty about her. They were still friends of course, but Mars knew that she knew he was the reason that Roy had left the team. He was glad to see she didn't seem to hate him for it, but Mars still felt guilty.

"Uh ya, it'll be nice to get away for a bit. It's been really cool having Katie and Cora around...but you know a break from school and everything will be nice." He didn't want to mention that being around the two of them only made him miss Roy even more. Though Wendy was obviously missing him more and so there was no point in whining about it. "It'll be cool to just hangout, never been on a big trip like this before. My family could never really afford it you know?"

Angelica, November 19th
While her friends and teammates were preparing to head off on a trip to Ecuador, Angelica was back on the island in gym. She was still nursing her injured hand which didn't hurt much anymore but the full range of her fingers on her left hand had yet to return. The doctor kept telling her there was a good chance the function would return with time and care but the worst case scenario was too scary for her to think about. School hadn't been great for her either, her reputation had unsurprisingly soured after the video had been posted. Whereas kids at school once crowded around her for autographs, they mostly steered clear of her now. Angelica wouldn't have minded that if it wasn't accompanied with either cold stares or scared looks. She felt like a freak show on display at her own school. None of that was the worst part however. The worst part was it had been weeks since she spoke to Alexis. She had called and texted but the other girl never responded. In some ways that worse than being broken up with. She knew she had to give Alexis time, but the waiting felt unbearable. She knew what she had said was wrong, but she didn't expect Alexis to totally cut her out of her life like this. With all this going on she decided to stay home from the trip to Ecuador. That didn't mean she was just going to lounge around and do nothing however.

She sent an ice blast hurling forward towards her sparing partner, who quickly moves out of the way of it at high speeds.

"When you're opponent has super speed, you have to anticipate their movements. You can't just attack where they are, you have to strike where they will be." Cora instructed.

"I know, I know." Angelica said, frustration clear in her voice. She threw the baton she held in her right hand onto the ground in anger, and Cora frowned in response.

"Hey, I know you're frustrated. But you need to focus. Your training is too important..." A look for Katie made Cora stop and sigh. "Look, I was never really a teenager, but I've been where you are. I know how much it sucks to feel helpless. But you're not alright? You have to focus on what you can control. Everything else can wait until you can actually do something about." Cora said, putting a hand on Angelica's shoulder.

"Come on, maybe I'll let you actually hit me this time." Cora joked, which managed to bring a small smile to Angelica's lips as she bent down and picked her baton back up.

"You're on."

New Finnish Republic
Minister

Founded: Mar 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby New Finnish Republic » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:51 pm

Mercy Hospital
In the aftermath of the defeat of the Young Bloods...

“Thanks, I’ll just be a moment.” Yoshiro said, thanking the nurse that had guided her to the room.

The woman offered the teenager an understanding look, though she felt a sense of pain for the bandaged girl. Bruises still dotted her face, and one of her arms was in a sling even as she forced herself to stand and walk around with a smile. She could tell that she was trying to look better than she felt, and who could blame her? Of all of the kids that had come into the hospital, she was one of the luckier ones.

“Okay, dear. But try and keep it quick, okay? He’s still recovering, and there’s no telling if he’d even be awake right now. If he’s not, it’d be best not to wake him. He needs all the rest that he can get.”

“Yeah, of course.” Yoshiro shifted, feeling guilty for asking the nurse to lead her here even though she must have been busy with other patients. “I just wanted to see him before I leave.”

A faint smile crossed the nurse’s face. She’d noticed which ones hadn’t had any parents show up to their rooms, and she suspected that the boy would have appreciated this girl coming to see him. Even if he wasn’t awake to see it. As far as she was concerned, everyone needed someone to watch over them in times like this. “I’ll be back to grab you in a few minutes.”

Thanking the woman once more, Yoshiro turned towards the door. Taking a breath, she slowly let herself in in an effort not to make any noise. Inside, Red lay motionless on his bed, his chest rising and falling slowly as he slept. A suite of machines and monitors were hooked up to him. Although most of his injuries were covered by bandages and his blanket, Yoshiro had heard how bad he’d been when Mike had found him. Standing beside his bed, she felt a hint of colour touching her cheeks. What was it that she’d hoped to accomplish by coming here? Brushing her hair with her good arm, the heroine offered her friend a weak smile.

“I’m being discharged today, Red.” She said quietly, not wanting to wake him. “They’re saying that you’re going to be okay too, although you had us worried for a bit there. I just wanted to come in and say that we’re all rooting for you to get back soon. I bet Mike is waiting to give us all a lecture or something.” Yoshi smirked at the thought, though remembering the concern etched onto the usually combative boy’s features, she doubted that even Mike would be his usual self after this. “Oh, and Kiris is back! I haven’t seen her yet, but it’s going to be great to catch up.”

She didn’t get any response, except for the steady beeping from the hospital equipment that occupied the room. Sighing, Yoshiro slumped her shoulders as she pulled her gaze away from Red. Turning towards the door, she was about to leave when the sound of movement caused her to turn back around. “Red?”

Looking back towards the hospital bed, Yoshi’s eyes widened as she saw that he was fast asleep. Except instead of resting peacefully, Red’s eyelids were shifting rapidly, and his mouth was twisted into a frown. Mumbling to himself, he looked like he was struggling as he twisted and turned. The pace of the heart monitor had quickenned, and Yoshi realised that he must have been having some kind of nightmare.

He was fine when I came in! Did I...did I say something?

Feeling a sense of panic, Yoshiro bit her lip as she tried to think of what she could do. Stepping closer to the bed, she reached out with her good hand towards Red’s forehead. She hesitated for a moment, wondering if she’d end up somehow just making things worse, or if he’d appreciate her delving into his mind while he was sleeping. But all it took was another look at Red’s struggling features for Yoshi to complete the motion. As soon as her palm pressed onto his head, she felt the room around her melt away as she closed her eyes.

And when she opened them, she was somewhere else entirely.

“Where…”

Yoshiro’s words softened to a whisper as she looked around to see that she was no longer standing in the middle of a hospital room, but instead in what appeared to be a forested area. At least that’s what she could discern, given that she was surrounded by pitch blackness as the only light source came from a shrouded moon above her.

Taking several hesitant steps forwards, Yoshiro attempted to gain a bearing on her surroundings when suddenly she felt something snap beneath her foot. Letting out a loud surprised gasp, she leapt back in reflex, her heart racing as she attempted to calm herself down after being startled by stepping on what must have been a twig.

Clutching at her chest, Yoshiro’s heavy breathing suddenly went to a standstill as she looked down in complete shock that she no longer was bound by the sling she had been previously wearing. Gingerly moving her otherwise injured arm in front of her, she proceeded to cautiously flex and unflex her arm, feeling no pain that otherwise should have been present from the action. Reaching up towards her face, she realized that the bandages that had been present there moments ago had vanished, as had the soreness in her body.

“Why am I...how…”

Yoshiro’s confused utterances were interrupted, however, as the sound of an echoing howl pierced through the otherwise silent nighttime sky. Her eyes going wide, Yoshiro knew that such a howl was a sign of bad news, especially considering how close it sounded. While she didn’t know how or why she was where she was, the girl had no intention of sticking around to find out what the intentions of the creature were.

Stumbling through her pitch black surroundings, Yoshiro did what she could to get away from the source of the noise. Tripping over branches, rocks, and other debris, she didn’t know where she was fleeing to, spurred only by the sound of rustling leaves and grass behind her. Panic began to set in for the girl as these noises began to grow not only in volume but in quantity, signifying that whatever it was that was chasing her was not alone.

Finally, Yoshiro saw something in the darkness. A dull orange glow shone through the trees, drawing her attention immediately and sending her in a full sprint towards it. She didn’t know who was waiting for her at that glowing light, but as the sounds of heavy steps behind her began to increase in pace, she put everything she could into her legs as she drew closer and closer to the orange glow.

Just as the orange glow in front of her had begun to transform into its true form of a roaring flame, Yoshiro felt her foot catch on something below her. Much to her terror, she felt herself falling towards the ground, rolling in a heap through the brush and twigs until eventually settling mere feet away from the source of the light. Grimacing with one eye shut, she pushed herself up wobbly from the ground to look up towards the flames, only for her to freeze in place as she realized she was no longer alone.

A little over a dozen figures stood in front of her, all of them looking to be no older than ten years of age. Huddled in a loose circle around the flames, most of the children held looks of terror on their faces as they looked out towards the dark woods that surrounded them. Only a handful of them were the exceptions, as with shaky hands they held what looked like makeshift spears made of long branches in their hands.

Out of these latter children, one face in particular drew Yoshiro’s attention. While there was no direct connection, there was something about this certain boy’s face that caused Yoshiro’s eyes to linger over his features for several moments. Finally, the revelation came to her, as she realized with both a sense of surprise and confusion who those blue eyes and reddish hair belonged to.

Opening her mouth to call out to him, Yoshiro’s words fell silent as she heard the sharp snap of a twig behind her. Looking back, her eyes went wide as she was met with a pair of golden eyes, the flames of the fire behind reflecting almost as if a fire burned within them. Several more of these eyes floated out from the darkness, their owners still shrouded in their pitch black surroundings.

Holding her breath, Yoshiro’s gaze slowly moved back to where the children were standing, the looks on their faces showing nothing less than desperation as they waited for what would come next. A chilling silence loomed over the entire area, as both sides seemed unwilling to make the first move.

And then, footsteps.

Snapping her head back to where she had seen the glowing eyes from before, Yoshiro’s eyes went wide as rows of teeth extended towards her from the darkness. The movements were so quick that Yoshiro could only recoil as the teeth drew closer and closer towards her throat. She squeezed her eyes shut and waited to feel the crushing bite of the creature lunging towards her, knowing that there was nothing that she could do to hold it back. Yoshiro acted on instinct and thrust her palms out towards the beast, all the while she opened her mouth to scream. But the sound that emerged from her throat was inhuman. Her shriek grew in volume until she felt like her very bones were going to shake themselves apart, and then, there was a flash of light from her hands. And then there was nothing.

For several moments, Yoshiro’s eyes remained clenched shut as she waited to feel the sensation of the teeth dig into her. However, as the seconds continued to tick on by without any sign of this pain, she slowly began to open her eyes, her heart still pounding as she expected to see the pair of golden eyes staring at her once more.

Instead, she was greeted with the sight of faded green walls. Taking a moment to allow her eyes to adjust to the now clearly lit room, Yoshiro’s breathing slowly began to normal as her eyebrows furrowed into a confused expression on her face. Glancing back and forth, she noticed the various stickers of cartoon characters that decorated the entirety of the wall, many of which were scratched and beginning to peel away, giving the room a somewhat eerie appearance that otherwise would have been one of cheerfulness.

“So what do you have to say?”

The sound of a man’s voice behind her caused Yoshiro to snap around, her face lit up with surprise as she realized she was not the only one present in the room. Sitting at a table in the center of the room was a man and a woman, apparently in the midst of a conversation. The man, dressed in a clean dark suit and tie, held a rather sharp appearance that displayed little emotion in his face as he stared at the woman across from him. The aforementioned woman, on the other hand, held a much softer look on her face, albeit one that clearly held a great deal of fatigue behind it.

“I...I don’t know about this. I mean, the boy surely could use a home, but surely some of the other children here would be a better match? After all, all of his former fosters could hardly keep him for more than a few weeks and-”

Raising his hand to silence the woman, the man reached into his breast pocket and took out a pen and thin checkbook from within. Opening it up and scribbling with rapid strokes, the man ripped the top piece paper out from the checkbook and slid it towards the woman. Looking down, the woman’s eyes went wide as her hands shakily reached towards the check, putting it closer to her face as if to verify what she was seeing was correct.

“Don’t worry about me, or the child. I’m used to...difficult children, and know what it takes to ensure they are raised correctly. Now, if you would be so kind as to expedite the paperwork, I would be more than happy to ensure that this facility is brought up to its...former standards.”

A look of uncertainty filled the woman’s face as she hesitated to answer the man, who had impatiently began to tap his fingers on the table. After a few moments of silence, the woman’s gaze turned towards Yoshiro, causing the girl to let out a small gasp as she thought she had been finally noticed. But as the gaze travelled past her, it became clear that this was not the case, causing Yoshiro to follow the woman’s eyes towards the corner of the room she had not yet looked towards.

Sitting there in a small plastic chair was a young redheaded boy, looking to be around seven or eight years of age. In his hands was a worn out picture book, which the boy seemed to be completely focused on as he paid no attention to the conversation that the adults were having. At least, that’s what he made it look like, but Yoshiro could tell from the small nervous twitches that came from the boy’s dangling legs that he too seemed to be waiting for the answer the woman would give.

Finally, a quiet sigh rang out from the table.

“He’s yours.”

Blinking, the landscape changed once more for Yoshiro, even as the words from the woman continued to echo in her mind. Met with the sight of a seemingly endless mountain range, Yoshiro let in a sharp breath, the thin air burning at her lungs as she did. A moment later, shivers ran up and down her body as the sensation of bone-chilling wind beat against her bare arms.

At this point, Yoshiro somewhat understood what was happening, even if she didn’t know why it was. She had long since passed by the nightmare that had been plaguing Red back in reality. No, she had managed to somehow dig too deep into his subconscious. And now as a result, she was getting glimpses of his own memories. A sense of panic began to build up within her, as she realized that she had no idea how she had done it, nor did she know how to stop it. For all she knew, there was no way of getting out until Red woke up from his slumber, if that even.

Calm down, Yoshi, the girl thought to herself, crossing her arms and rubbing at her sides in an attempt to calm herself down as well as keep herself warm in the frigid conditions. If it’s a matter of riding this out, you just have to keep your cool and everything will still be okay, she continued in her thoughts.

The sound of rocks skittering on the ground behind her caused Yoshiro’s attention to snap back to the source of the noise. As she brought her gaze over in its direction, she caught sight of a small group of what appeared to be hikers walking up the narrow trail below her. However, after a second glance, she realized that this was likely no group of ordinary hikers, as all of those present were outfitted with militaristic uniforms and heavy packs over their shoulders.

“Just a little further, everyone, and we’ll get to the checkpoint.”

The voice was familiar, albeit not immediately discernible to Yoshiro as her eyes glanced over towards the group. After a few moments, she found what she was looking for as she spotted a familiar clump of red hair on one of the members, albeit in a much more cleanly cut version than what she was used to.

“You’ve been saying that for the last thousand feet, Red. Say it one more time, and I’m pushing you off this damn mountain.”

A feminine voice rang out in response, causing a handful of tired chuckles to ring out from the group as they continued their march upwards. In the front of the group, a small grin appeared on Red’s face as he shook his head in reply. Now that he and the rest of them were closer, Yoshiro could discern that while much older than the group of children she had seen initially, these people were still likely no older than thirteen years of age.

“Like your puny ass could manage that, Clare,” Red called out towards the girl who had run her mouth, causing another round of chuckles from the group, albeit much weaker than the first.

After a few moments, the group began to approach near where Yoshiro had remained standing. Once more, her presence was unnoticed, even as the younger version of Red had gotten so close to her that she could hear his heavy breaths as he and the others struggled to make their way up higher on the trail.

Their progress halted, however, as a low rumble suddenly rang out across the mountain valley. Glancing back towards the source of the noise, Yoshiro caught sight of a dark cloud coming towards them, seemingly growing larger and more ominous with every passing moment as it approached. She wasn’t unaware of what this meant, and it appeared that Red didn’t either as he spoke up to the others.

“Let’s pick up the pace.”

Heading his words, the column of young teens began to quicken their steps. Following behind them, Yoshiro watched with dreadful anticipation as the previously clear skies around them began to darken. After a few minutes worth of climbing, a droplet of water splashed against the ground in front of her. A moment later it was joined by another, and then another, until eventually a downpour of rain began to wash over them. A howling wind accompanied the rain, making visibility almost non existent as Yoshiro struggled to keep up with the group.

Through the roar of the storm, a cry suddenly rang out from the front of the procession. Snapping her head in the direction, Yoshiro’s eyes went wide as she spotted Red leaning over the cliff face, his arms stretched down out of sight.

“Hang on!”

Red’s panicked voice filtered through the rain and wind as he continued leaning over, his body beginning to slip across the muddy trail as something seemed to be pulling him downwards. The girl named Clare, seeing this, rushed forwards towards where he was and immediately grabbed a hold of him so that he wouldn’t fall. Another person, a boy white white hair, went down to his knees next to him and reached down to grab a hold of whoever it was who had fallen. Even with their combined strength, however, it was clear that the weight was too much for them, as through gritted teeth the white haired boy called out over to Red.

“Red, he’s too heavy!”

“Shut up! Just pull!”

The two boys both let out grunts as they attempted to pull upwards, the girl doing what she could to hang on to the both of them and prevent them from falling over. The slippery surface of the trail allowed little traction, however, causing them to slip forwards momentarily. The narrowness of the trail meant there was no more room for the others to help, forcing the remaining members of the group to watch in horror as the trio tried to save whoever it had been that had fallen.

“I-I’m slipping!”

A cry rang out from the cliff face below, this being the first words spoken by the still unseen member below. The panic in his voice sent chills down Yoshiro's spine, and so desperately she wished that she could do anything to help. But all she could do was watch with the others as she watched the strain build up in the faces of Red and the others as they continued pulling with all the strength they had within them. Yoshiro noticed how dangerously close they had gotten to the edge, their feet slowly sliding in the mud and rocks below them as the rain continued to pour down on them.

A bright flash suddenly rang out, causing Yoshiro to let out a small yelp that was drowned out by a booming roar of thunder that echoed across the valley. A moment later, the sound of tumbling rocks from above made her dive backwards in reflex, just in time as a cascade of rocky debris rolled down the face of the mountainside in front of her.

With panicked breaths, Yoshiro’s gaze snapped back towards where Red and the others had been. Looking over at Red, a moment of confusion filled her as she saw him sitting on his knees with his hands resting on his lap, staring down the cliff face below.

Where is…

It was then she realized what had happened. And in that same moment, it appeared that what had happened had sunk in to the others, as the boy with white hair looked over at Red with his mouth agape.

“Red...I…I’m sorry.”

The boy’s voice was barely audible over the pouring rain, but the pain and regret in his voice was unmistakable. Red didn’t answer immediately, instead looking down at his mud covered hands with a blank expression on his face. A tense silence broke out, as no one either spoke nor moved a muscle.

“Let’s keep moving.”

Red’s voice was likewise quiet, although unlike the white haired boy, it was devoid of emotion. He likewise displayed any on his voice as he slowly got up from his knees, seeming to take extra care as he did. Clare, who had been staring at him with wide eyes the entire time, opened her mouth as if she had something to say but quickly seemed to change her mind as she instead got up as well.

The others, prompted by the actions of their apparent leader, likewise began to snap out of their shock and began to move forwards. With the exception of only one, no one looked over the cliff face where the unknown member had fallen off. This one exception was the white haired boy, who remained motionless for some time as he continued staring down the cliff face even as the rest of the group passed by him. It was only as the last person passed by did he finally get onto his feet, taking one last moment to glance down the cliff face before he slowly began to walk up the narrow trail.

Taking several small steps forwards towards the cliff, Yoshiro peered over the edge, afraid of what she would find. The rainfall mixed with the still settling debris made it hard for her to see much as she scanned up and down the various ledges below. Her eyes eventually caught the sight of a shape below, one that seemed to distinguish itself from the mountain shrubbery and rocks below.

Before she could fully tell what it was, however, another bright flash rang out in front of her, causing her to snap her eyes shut once more as the roaring thunder echoed around her.

Greeted once more with the sound of falling rain, Yoshiro hesitantly opened her eyes as she expected to still be standing at the cliff side. However, the sight of concrete walls in front of her made it clear that she had moved on to another memory once again, meaning that she would have to witness even more of Red’s past. How or why she continued to jump around his memories was still unknown to her, and the growing fear that she had somehow gotten stuck inside began to loom within her.

Taking a few steps forwards, the first thing she noted about her new surroundings was the decrepit state it appeared to be in. Cracked walls with sunken ceilings surrounded her as water openly poured out through gaping holes above her. With every rumble of thunder she felt the floor below her begin to quake, guiding her to not waste too much time surveying the area and instead going off in search of wherever Red was.

The lack of lighting forced Yoshiro to hug herself against the wall as she made her way through the various hallways and corridors of whatever building it was she had found herself in. Without much of anything to guide her in a specific area, Yoshiro’s thoughts returned to the memories she had witnessed thus far.

Those were children. All of them, including Red, all put in situations like that. That boy who fell, he had to have died. Not to mention, there were significantly less of them in that memory as there were in the woods. Biting at the lower corner of her lip, Yoshiro couldn’t help but feel a sense of both uncertainty and fear as a single question settled into her mind.

What kind of person did you used to be, Red?

A bright flash of lightning caused Yoshiro to snap out of her thoughts as she jumped with a startle. Turning her head in the direction it had come from, her eyes caught the sight of something that immediately drew her attention.

The majority of the room was open to the environment outside, with most of the section of the building either missing or in broken chunks that allowed the torrent of rain from outside to pour within. Sitting in one of the piles of rubble, a figure rested against what little remained of a portion of one of the walls. Mixed in with the debris and rain, a small trail of blood led its way towards where the figure was located, clearly being fresh as the oncoming rain had yet to wash it away.

Aside from the general stature of the figure, there was little in terms of identifiable features as they wore entirely black military fatigues combined with a helmet and face covering that concealed their face. There was something oddly familiar about them, although Yoshiro couldn’t tell what it was. However, as they shakily reached up towards the where a radio transmitter rested on their chest with their uninjured arm, it became clear to Yoshiro who this person was.

“Sniper. Four hundred meters southwest, tree cluster. Got me, but I’m good for now.”

His words were short and precise, each time he spoke seeming to worsen the pain as she could hear him struggle to get them out. However, after a few moments, he reached up once more towards the transmitter. As he moved, Yoshiro’s eyes caught sight of a rifle laying on the ground next to him, with several spent shell casing littering the area around it.

“Don’t try it. He probably doesn’t realize your location yet. Wait for another flash and then take the shot.”

Another small pause.

“Good hunting.”

With that, he reached up towards his helmet before proceeding to unbuckle it and toss it on the ground next to his rifle. A head of ginger hair was revealed, followed by the remainder of his face that seemed to be not much younger than it was in the present. His lips were curled back in a grimace as he looked down towards his chest harness, using his free hand to inspect what appeared to be an armored plate that rested there.

“Ricochet,” he said to himself before letting out a frustrated grunt, slumping back against the wall as he finished his inspection. Resting there, he quickly began to pull out a long and thick bandage from one of the velcro pouches that rest on his hips, tying the fabric around the wound as best as he could with one hand. While seemingly done in a hasty manner, Yoshiro could tell that he seemed to have more than enough experience with it as he finished tugging on the knot of the bandage which already began to show a crimson stain in its center.

Standing there still up to that point, Yoshiro hesitantly began to approach where the wounded Red lay. He hadn’t acknowledged her presence yet, which gave her a small amount of confidence to get a closer look. However, as she took as step forwards, a jarring chorus of thunder rang out as lightning struck in the distance. At the same time she saw Red’s eyes light up as he reached over towards his rifle and pointed the weapon directly at her, an expression similar to that of a cornered animal filled his face as his gaze fixed upon her. Taking a step back and raising her hand, Yoshiro’s eyes went wide as she tried to call out to him.
“Red, it’s-”

“Of course you’re here.”

Much to Yoshiro’s confusion, Red slowly lowered his weapon to the ground as his previously ferocious expression changed into that of a more annoyed look. Furrowing her eyebrows, Yoshiro’s head tilted to the side as she tried to make sense of the situation. There’s no way he can-

“Well, we just saw what happens when I leave you alone for more than five minutes. Last thing I need is for you to bleed out on me. How else am I supposed to get that free trip to Coney Island?”

Her thoughts interrupted as the female voice from behind her rang out, Yoshiro turned around to find another figure standing in the doorway. Dressed in the same style of attire as Red, the figure walked right past where Yoshiro was, quickly walking over to where Red was and placing her rifle on the ground next to her as she kneeled down next to him.

Discarding her helmet, the girl reached towards the boy, ignoring his pained grunts and curses as she inspected the hastily applied bandage. A look of irritation filled her face as she went ahead and untied the bandage and replaced it with a fresh one of her own, seeming to do a much better job at securing it around the wounded area.

“Jesus, you’re hopeless,” she said after letting out a small annoyed puff of air.

“The sniper?” Red replied, ignoring the insult as a look of concern rested on his face.

“Dealt with,” she answered, her gaze briefly wandering over outside the room towards what appeared to be a church with a tall tower at its center.

“Good. And here I was about to rip you a new one for walking in after I just got shot by the bastard,” he said in response, his expression turning into that of one of relief. After a small pause, the boy seemed to recall something as he raised an eyebrow at the girl. “You’re not still serious about going to Coney Island, right? I wasn’t serious when I-”

“Ah ah ah, a bet is a bet, even when you lose it. Don’t make me sic her on you to get you to pay up what you owe,” the girl said with a smug look on her face. Whoever this other girl was, her mention seemed to strike a chord of fear into Red as whatever protests he was about to say were quickly dashed aside as a look of defeat reigned over his expression.

“Fine,” he finally said with a voice that was more like a whimper. “I just don’t know why out of all the places to go you’d want to go there. Everyone else is going somewhere actually fun for their leave, and out of all the places you want to go, it’s an overcrowded tourist trap with hotdogs that will probably make you grow a third eye or something,” he continued, a substantial amount of hesitancy in his voice as he spoke.

“I guess we’ll just have to find out, huh? Besides, I think if the food they fed up back at the facility didn’t kill us, I think a few overpriced hotdogs can’t be that bad,” the girl answered, the smug grin on her face returning.

However, it quickly washed away as the girl suddenly reached up towards her ear. Red likewise repeated the motion, and the looks from the two’s faces made it clear that someone had told them something of importance. Making eye contact with the girl, Red gave her a small nod.

“Let’s save the chit-chat for later,” he said, letting out a small grunt as he pushed himself to his feet, grabbing his rifle and his helmet in the process. The girl beside him likewise grabbed her belongings, clicking together the straps of her helmet and beginning to pull up on the black facemask that sat limp around her neck.

Throughout this whole conversation, a sense of unease had filled Yoshiro. While there were certainly an abundance of things that caused a great deal of concern to arise within her, namely the fact that Red appeared to be in the midst of some warzone, there was something in particular that had seemed to prick at the back of her brain as she watched the two interact.

I know this girl. But from where…

It was then when it finally clicked for her.

“The picture!”

Instinctively Yoshiro reached to cover her mouth the moment after practically shouting the revelation out loud. However it still appeared that her presence was unnoticed as the Red and the girl slowly began to walk out of the room together. Watching the girl she now recognized as the same one in the photograph she had found in Red’s room, the sense of unease in Yoshiro did little to subside, if not increase in intensity as even more questions arose within her. One question in particular took center place in her mind, it being the same question she had asked herself only seconds before.

What kind of person did you used to be, Red?
Known mostly as Finn, but also known as a few other things I can't put in a signature by those who know me.

American who got left too long in the sauna.

Proud to spread Spurdo Nationalism from sea to shining sea.

Zarkenis Ultima
Post Czar

Democratic Socialists

Postby Zarkenis Ultima » Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:38 am

November 5th

The Rebel Alliances wrote:---

Kirisvala listened as the blond boy turned his attention from his game of solo basketball to her and explained that he was here with his sister, a fan of the team and, apparently, a big fan of hers specifically. Needless to say she was quite surprised - after literally disappearing from the face of the Earth for a few months, and even though she had only officially resurfaced three days ago, she had fans? And one of them was in the tower right at that time, to boot. A strange coincidence to be sure, but she couldn't deny that it made her happy to know there were people out there rooting for her.

After explaining why he was here, the boy introduced himself as Chase, also mentioning that he was not a new member of the Young Bloods like she'd assumed at first. It felt quite odd to hear considering how often they used to get new members before she left for Adai, but she supposed it only made sense. After what happened with the Warhounds, she doubted a lot of people would be interested in joining the team.

Before continuing, the boy showed off his power, revealing himself as someone who could run around quite quickly before asking if she would like to meet his sister. "Oh, no, it's fine, I'd love to meet your sister!" She said before glancing at the large Hadrian beside her. "Torvalt, can we postpone the training for later?" She asked him. Torvalt simply nodded firmly and then made his way out of the room, likely to head outside and meditate, as he was wont to do. Turning back to Chase, gestured at him to lead the way.

"By the way have ya thought about doin' superhero work?" She asked him as they walked together on the way to meet his little sister. "You've got a pretty nifty power. I know ya might not want to get involved after... what happened recently, but I'm sure ya could help a lot of people."

November 19th

Absolon-7 wrote:---
Auropa wrote:---

Before Renata could give an answer to her question, more people started coming into the plane: first Casimir and Viviana, and then Mike just a few seconds later. Out of the three, Viviana was clearly the most excited to be on this trip, what with her jumping on Renata and giving her a tight hug in thanks for organizing their little vacation. Kiris chuckled at the sight as the brunette promptly started apologizing.

"G'day Vivi!" The pink-haired girl greeted her friend as Viviana turned to look at her, and then listened to her question, tilting her head in mild confusion at the unfamiliar term as her mind tried to assimilate it. "Ziplinin'? Never heard of it, but I'm sure it's fun so I'd be happy to try it out with ya!" She replied in the meantime. "What I've heard is that Ecuador has some beautiful beaches! I'm hopin' we can spend a little bit of time at one of them. We have one in Wonder Island but it's been a while since we last got together to have some fun in the sun." She said, hoping the others felt the same way. After all, she'd packed her new swimsuit for the trip and it would be a shame if she didn't get to use it.

Mike was the one to speak up next, and Kiris turned to look at him as he greeted the group and then discussed his own ideas for the trip. "G'day Mike!" She said to the boy with her usual cheer before continuing with a question. "I'm up for anythin' but what's La Ronda? And is there anythin' to drink other than coffee? I don't like coffee much, it's too bitter." She commented.

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:53 am

Zarkenis Ultima wrote:
November 19th

Absolon-7 wrote:Casimir and Viviana, November 19th

Auropa wrote:November 19th
Airstrip

Zarkenis Ultima wrote:
November 19th

The off-beat comment Renata tossed towards Wyatt suddenly activated Kiris - the Hadrian girl, busy introducing herself to everyone on the plane, caught the mention about aliens and teammates and the weirdness of seeing them and whatnot, and so asked to clarify. Renata, turning to her, scratched the back of her head while trying to formulate her answer.

"Ah, well, you see-"

Only to get suddenly tackle-hugged by Viv - in the midst of the surprise and confusion, Renata only barely caught that she was thanking her for the trip. "Oh, uh, yeah, it's no problem..." she mumbled under her breath, barely registering what she was speaking while smushed by the girl's hug, before Viv finally let go and stepped back, and so Renata got a chance to catch her breath.

"...I mean, what I was saying was..." she muttered, trying to get back to the point she was trying to make to Kiris. "I've got my favorite places in Quito, but I've always gone there alone - so it's bound to get confusing if I suddenly crash in with twenty people behind me. Y'know, it'd be no different if we suddenly brought the whole team to Adai..."

The last person to jump into the conversation out of nowhere was Mike - as soon as he entered the planet, he joined in, first with a bit of small talk towards Casimir, then, making the same mistake as Elle, began recommending the La Ronda to everyone, even getting Kiris's attention along the way. Renata raised her finger, about to shut down the idea and explain her issues with it, but then suddenly went silent, and struck a faint, sly smile.

"Yeeah, Mike, that place will be right up your alley - I'll even be able to show you off a place I'm sure you'll be interested in..." What's the biggest tourist trap I can think of? Ah, darn, I should probably ask Olivia to give me a tip... She then turned her eyes to Kiris, and then glanced off to the ceiling. "It's, uh... It's a street, with a lot of places to shop and eat. I am shocked that such a place is not full of tourists and pickpocketers, but, you know, life can really surprise you sometimes."

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

Zarkenis Ultima
Post Czar

Democratic Socialists

Postby Zarkenis Ultima » Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:35 pm

November 2nd

A week after Kirisvala's return from her homeworld, an event that coincided with the Young Bloods' defeat at the hands of the Warhounds, Kirisvala found herself doing some shopping around San Diego, away from Wonder Tower. The team's spirits had been understandably low, and on top of that, beyond handling the team's business as usual, Naja had been hard at work getting some of her friends from the Justice Queens settled in and coordinating with a group of PR experts that had recently decided to help the team out, which meant that she didn't have much time to discuss something like menu options. Thus, figuring that maybe some of her homeland's cooking might be novel enough to cheer her friends up a little, she had spent the morning looking for fresh ingredients that might resemble those on her world. She was clearly not going to be able to make a by-the-books grazer stew, but she could try getting close.

"Hmm, what now... I need quality meat but I don't think they sell anythin' like bleat-bleat around here..." The girl mused quietly under her breath as she walked through the streets of the birthplace of California, when suddenly, something caught her attention. Her honed senses caught something, a shrill sound piercing through the air, albeit far enough as to reach her only faintly. Stopping her train of thought and heading in the direction of the blaring noise, she soon was able to tell that it was a siren like the ones mounted on police vehicles. Wondering if a villain might be on the loose, Kirisvala quickly made her way in the direction of the sound, sprinting across the streets while taking care not to drop her groceries or run into any innocent pedestrians.

The bursts of speed afforded to her by her trained physique and Hadrian heritage allowed her to quickly close the distance between herself and the source of that sound, and it was only then that she noticed this siren was mounted not on one of the sleek cruisers used by the police department, but on a large red truck. Smoke poured out of the building it was stationed next to, and men and women in a dull uniform crossed by bright yellow lines were hard at work either trying to rescue the people inside the building or trying to quell the fire with powerful streams of water from a hose mounted on the red truck.

This didn't seem to be the work of a villain - the fire fighters likely wouldn't be able to even get close to the building safely if so - but even then, there were clearly lives at stake. That was more than enough of a reason to help, and so the pink-haired girl walked forward by a purpose.

Only to be promptly stopped by an uniformed man.

"Miss this is a dangerous area, you can't... be here." The man trailed off briefly upon noticing the clearly nonhuman features the girl sported, not quite used to seeing Hadrians despite their seventeen years of coexistence with humans, and understandably so as they weren't a common sight everywhere.

Despite the stern warning, Kiris remained steadfast. "I'm not in danger, fire doesn't hurt my people." She replied.

"Right... but there's toxic fumes in the air so it would be best if you kept your distance anyway." The fireman stated.

"I'll just hold my breath." The girl continued without missing a beat. "Come on, let me through. I can help, I'm a Young Blood!" She declared afterwards, hoping that it would be sufficient to sway the man. Indeed, it was enough to give him pause and get him to consider the situation. On one hand, letting a minor close to a hazardous area like this one would normally be a big no, but on the other, if she was a licensed hero whose powers allowed her to enter said hazard area unharmed, she could be a very valuable asset in getting out anyone who might still be inside. Every second counted, so before long, the man made a decision.

"Alright, come with me."

The two trotted over to a nearby ambulance, where an older woman, seemingly the person in charge of the whole operation, was overseeing the a couple of EMTs were tending to the last survivor to be taken out of the building. Without missing a beat, the man that had spoken to Kiris addressed the woman.

"Lieutenant, this girl wants to help, says she's a Young Blood and that fire doesn't affect her. Any chance we could send her in to round out the last few civilians?" He spoke hastily so as to avoid wasting time unnecessarily. After listening to him, the woman glanced at Kiris, and a look flashed across her face that the Hadrian girl recognized well, a look of vague recognition that she had gotten many times over the past few days. The woman narrowed her eyes and continued to stare, as if trying to remember where she had seen that girl before.

"...Kiris, right? The girl that saved the people trapped in the Hilton?" She asked at last.

"Yup, that's me!" Kiris replied right away, happy to hear that some still remembered the occasions on which she had helped protect the city.

Hearing that response, the woman offered a smile, albeit faint and very brief. "It's good to see you." She said before turning to the building. "We've managed to clear the first two stories and get most of the civilians out, but there's still three trapped on the third floor and we can't get to them. We'll be able to get through the fire in a few minutes but some of the people trapped might not have that long. Can you get them out?"

"I can try. If nothin' else I can make the path safer for your boys." Kiris answered as she set her groceries down next to a confused survivor.

"That's good to hear. But don't go smashing through any walls like the Kool-Aid Man, we need to preserve the building's structural integrity as much as possible, you hear?" The lieutenant cautioned, before turning to shout instructions at her subordinates. "Someone get this kiddo a radio and a gas mask! Hadrians don't burn but they still need to breathe!"

A few moments later, once she was fitted with all the necessary gear, Kirisvala stepped forward, walking up to the building. Three stories wasn't hard to climb by any means, not to someone like her, and she could avoid any hazards by staying away from the windows. However, it wasn't just her she had to account for, and humans didn't tend to have as good climbing abilities as Hadrians did. With that in mind, instead of heading straight up, the girl paused briefly and began to sing. The people around her watched in confusion for a moment, some of them dismayed or wondering why she was doing that. Their answer came soon enough as a spiral staircase made of pristine white crystal materialized next to the building, leading up to a window on the third story. At the same time, crystal armor materialized over the girl's body, less so to protect her and more to keep her clothes and equipment from burning.

Now prepared, the brave Hadrian girl swiftly climbed up the stairs and broke the window to try and get in. The ensuing backdraft nearly blew her off the staircase, but she managed to hold on and promptly jumped through the window. It was difficult to see with all the smoke and fire inside, but she made her way forward nonetheless, undaunted by what many would consider a hellish scene.

"You're in the office block. The civilians are likely on the other side of the building, where the fire is yet to spread. That means the break room and the bathrooms. Make your way out of the office and turn left, then right as soon as you're able. Also, the stairs are blocked, so forget about them."

Following the lieutenant's instructions, Kirisvala carefully navigated the conflagrated office building, clearing burning furniture and fallen debris out of the way as she went, in order to make the trip back as smooth as possible. The fumes inside the building were thick and clouded her vision, but thanks to the help she had from outside, she eventually managed to get into the break room, where the heat was less and the smoke was thinner.

"Is there anyone here?!" She shouted in order to make herself heard over the roar of the fire. A frightened man peeked out from behind an overturned table, adjusting his glasses and looking at the pink-haired heroine clad in shining crystal armor who had come to his rescue.

"T-thank god! A hero! We're saved!" He cried out. "B-Bill here passed out from the fumes and Lisa's hiding in the bathroom. I t-think we're the only ones left." He stuttered.

"Go get Lisa, I'll take care of Bill." The heroine instructed, and the man quickly complied, heading to the bathroom to retrieve his coworker. Meanwhile, Kirisvala walked around the table and saw a middle aged man unconscious on the ground. He was still breathing, but there was no telling how much he might have breathed in the toxic fumes spread by the fire. With a sigh, the girl removed her mask and put it on the man's face.

"Ya need it more than I do." She mumbled under her breath. "I got all three people. One of them is unconscious but still breathing. I'll get them out right away!" She called out through the radio afterwards, just as the office worker returned with his colleague in tow. "Alright, follow me very closely, I need ya to be nearby so I can protect ya from the fire." She told the two as she took the unconscious man into her arms and began to sing. Understandably confused, the two office workers nonetheless complied with the girl's instructions and followed her closely, even as they approached the places where the fire was thicket. Nevertheless, it seemed that an aura around Kiris repelled the flames and the smoke, keeping them away as the four made their way back to the staircase she had used to get inside the building and down to the ground outside the burning building.

"Someone get this man medical attention, he inhaled too much smoke!" She shouted, and immediately medical workers arrived to take the man off her arms and escort the others back to the ambulance so that they could get checked as well.

"Excellent job. Thanks for the help, kiddo." The lieutenant said as she approached Kiris.

"It's Crystal Heart." The pink-haired girl replied.

"Hmm?" The firefighter mumbled in confusion.

"Heroes are supposed to have aliases that people can identify them with, right? But people just called me by my name because I didn't have one. Now I do, and it's Crystal Heart." Kiris explained. "I'd be very grateful if ya could help spread the word."

"I see. I'll keep it in mind, kiddo." The older woman replied.

A commotion nearby was beginning to grow in intensity, and as both Kiris and the lieutenant turned to look at the source, they saw that it was a group of reporters crowding around the perimeter established by the firefighters. Seeing this, the older woman smiled. Normally she hated the vultures, but perhaps they would be of some use today. "Come with me." She told Kiris as she approached them. Immediately, microphones and cameras were turned towards the pair, and the woman was quick to give the hungry journalists a few details.

"There have thankfully been no deaths on the scene, and though I have no doubts that it is in part thanks to the efforts of my friends and colleagues of the fire department, the truth is that we could not have managed it without the help of someone very special, a heroine who came to our aid just in time." She spoke, gesturing towards Kirisvala before continuing. "Crystal Heart of the Young Bloods!"

Immediately all the cameras were aimed at the Hadrian teen, as well as the journalists' questions. Understandably daunted by the attention, Kirisvala was nonetheless happy. Being in the spotlight and getting the attention of the media had never been very high in her list of priorities, but after being gone for months, she welcomed having the chance to let the people of San Diego know that she was back and ready to be a heroine once more.

A short while later, as the firefighters finished suppressing the fire, Kirisvala approached the lieutenant. She had already retrieved her groceries and was more or less ready to leave, but there was still something on her mind that she wanted to discuss.

Noticing her approach, the older woman turned to her. "I hope we're even now, kiddo. If I have to talk to one more reporter, I'll go postal." She joked.

"Ya did more than enough miss, I'm really grateful." Kiris smiled at her. "But I was wonderin'... is there any chance I could work with ya? Not like join the fire department, but heroes work with the police all the time, so I was thinkin' we could do somethin' similar. Fire doesn't hurt me and I'd like to help the people of San Diego even if there aren't any villains around." She explained. Surprised, the older woman thought for a moment.

"Why don't you drop by the fire station tomorrow? We can start working something out." She offered, causing Kiris to beam at her and nod.

"Sure thing!"

Absolon-7
Diplomat

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Absolon-7 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:00 pm

DELETED
Last edited by Absolon-7 on Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Galnius
Post Marshal

Founded: May 15, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby Galnius » Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:49 am

Angelica Dalin

Segral wrote:Whitney Alvord

"Whitney!"

A perky, bright voice practically cracking with fatigue blared into Whitney's ears, causing her to jump slightly with surprise before uneasily turning to see the small, delicate, blonde-haired figure that she had become very familiar with over the past hours; Angelica. As usual, she was clutching a full cup of coffee, and had deeper rings around her eyes than a 100-year oak stump. It took a monumental amount of effort for Whitney to pull her wistful eyes away from the kitchen door lying further down the hallway and towards those eyes, her ears vaguely registering something about Jacob and the library. It took a second for her to reply, and once she did, it was in more of a tired groan than an actual speaking voice.

"Yeah...yeah, he kicked me out too, not too long after...you." she replied, blinking hard several times as she stifled a large yawn. "But um, a-are you don't want to go to get some sleep, Angie? You look like you're about to drop dead at any moment..."

Angelica did everything she could not to fall victim to that horrible, terrible, infectious yawn. However, much like the plague, there was no stopping yourself from catching it once you were exposed to it. Even still, she did her best to hide it, rubbing her eyes instead.

"No, no need to for sleep. I've got coffee, and besides, what if he needs us again? He's probably just as tired, and if he falls over then....we need to be there."

Dalin felt herself start to succumb to a yawn once again, so she took a large sip in hopes to keep it at bay. She just had to remember, mind over matter. If she didn't fall asleep, then she didn't have to risk the nightmares. She just had to distract herself.

It was at this point that her mind came back out of it's half awake state to realize she was closing her eyes. She forced them wide open, reciting her mind over matter mantra in her head. There was a way to beat this. She had coffee. She had a distraction in Whitney. Now she just needed to get a short burst of energy, and she knew just the thing.

"Hey, Whitney, I never thanked you for...for coming to help the team. It really meant a lot, and I don't know what we would've done if not for you..and Kiris and Renata. I want to thank you, if that's alright."

She started heading towards the library before she realized she never told Whitney what she meant and quickly turned back around, the coffee in her trembling hands fighting to leave it's container.

"I brought some eclairs from home that I helped my mom make. As long as Mark or Casimir didn't eat them they should still be where I left them. Considering that's in the fridge I put in the library, I think, hope, pray...they are still there. Would you uh....wanna share em?"
I've read your Sig! I've read your soul

Before you complain, remember, Kangaroos can't hop backwards. Really makes your problems seem small don't it.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse