NATION

PASSWORD

Young Bloods(IC, Reboot Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Absolon-7
Diplomat

Founded: May 11, 2014
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Absolon-7 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:45 pm

NASL Quarterfinals Matches: Squad 1 vs the Los Angeles Stars, September 25

Before the Fight
Roy sat in the team’s locker room, wrapping his hands in protective tape in silence. Roy wasn’t the type for rousing speeches or pre game heroics, so before one of the biggest moments of his currently young career, Nightshade appeared relatively calm on the outside. Internally he was a swirl of fierce determination and lingering self doubt. Roy was an experienced warrior even despite his young age, but being responsible for others in such a public environment was a whole new world for him. He felt responsible for his teammates own dreams and expectations, and he had no plan to let them down.

Once it had become clear that the Stars and the Young Bloods would be facing off in the quarterfinals, it seemed like the only thing the whole country could talk about for days. The Young Bloods were the breakout story of the tournament after all, and their fairly public feud with the Stars only served to fuel the budding rivalry. San Diego had seemed to fully rally around the Young Bloods, and a lot of people across the country were hopping on board.

Fans were disappointed however to discover that Armorer and Captain Quake wouldn’t be participating in the fight however, and members of the team in some cases were out right insulted. Personally Roy was relieved Quake wasn’t fighting, not because he didn’t think they could take him, but because he didn’t want to risk his hot headedness getting one of his teammates hurt. Still Surge and Jackrabbit weren’t slouches and they still had a tough fight ahead of them. Roy certainly hadn’t expected to be fighting Surge, but the fact that they knew each other wasn’t going to change anything. They had a fight to win and that was all there was to it.

The Fight Begins
When the time for the fight came the Young Bloods entered the stadium once more, this time to an even greater roaring of the crowds than before. It was a sold out crowd, and the roaring reached deafening levels as the Stars came out to join them.

After a few feet of walking, the terrain for the battle became apparent. The very first thing that the Young Bloods could see was a large, hollow stratified structure seemingly made of weathered stone, each layer offering plenty of space for combat as the building grew narrower towards the top. Naturally it was nowhere near as large as actual pyramids were, but each stratum was several meters tall, with the building being comprised of about six, the last one being a square that capped the pyramid and was comically adorned with beams and ropes, as though it were a boxing or wrestling ring. There were four entrances, each corresponding to a cardinal direction, and the competing teams’ starting locations were next to the eastern and western entrances, respectively.

Beyond the pyramid, the environment chosen for the match between the Los Angeles Stars and the Young Bloods appeared to be a desert, with every inch of the arena covered in fine sand. Ruins dotted the terrain outside of the hollow monument, though instead of relating specifically to ancient egypt, they seemed to belong to various civilizations: a half-buried sphinx lay not far from broken Ionian columns, and on the opposite side of the arena were dolmens and other assorted megaliths. Overall, a rather straightforward terrain with a few assorted features on the periphery and a large battlefield in the center.

As both teams took their places at opposite sides of the stage, Nightshade and Star Queen walked forward and met each other in the middle. They both had tempered looks on their faces that betrayed the somewhat unfriendly tension that bubbled beneath the surface of the fight. They shook each other’s hands respectfully and made their way back to their respective starting point. Once they arrived, the starting clock began to count down and soon a loud ringing announced the beginning of the fight.

With the sound of the bell, three figures darted from the side of the LA Stars. The twins Red and Blue and Jackrabbit quickly accelerated towards the center of the map, with Red carrying Blue through the air. For any of the Young Blood's still in the starting area, the menacing view of a fast moving blue human cannonball was sent flying toward them at breakneck speed. Then, it was further propelled as Quake's sidekick ran upward through the air to intercept and add on even more force. The opening move had been made, with Blue going from a cannonball to a tank shell. Even if avoided, it appeared that Red and Jackrabbit were once again accelerating, aiming to follow up with crashes of their own.

Viviana barely had time to let out a gasp as the tremendous opener shattered the area in front of the Young Bloods into a violent cloud of resurgent sand bursts. She threw herself to the side avoiding the worst of the attack and instead rolling onto the harsh desert floor. Sand got into her hair and the scratchy irritant was abrasive as she rolled into it. The brunette quickly got to a kneeling position and barely saw a red colored blur aim itself into her team’s right flank. Instinctively she raised her hand and stretched out her hand to be as twice as wide as a man’s torso. Like a baseball mitt Red was caught and the tremendous force he built up only acted against him as he was turbulently bounced far back enough into the arena’s center to crash into the pyramid.

Viviana fell flat onto her butt as her hand returned back to normal. She could almost feel her heart thump out of her chest, which it probably could if she wanted to imitate a cartoon, but this LA Star member was just something else to the people she’s fought before.

“Cass!,” she shouted suddenly turning back to her team, “Let’s get him while he’s down!”

“Your request is noticed Ms. Chicle,” coldly stated Cassandra as she suddenly appeared next to the downed gummy girl.

The red haired android then swiftly turned to Red’s direction as the superhero was busy trying to budge himself out of the hole his body made in the earthen pyramid. Her raised arms suddenly disassembled and reassembled into burning hot plasma cannons. As a meter on their side lit up to indicate their charge the android unleashed a volley of shining plasma bolts and Red. The superhero barely heaved himself out of the pyramid to smack against the lower floor of the structure. This exchange wasn’t unnoticed however as his sister Blue had rebounded from the crater her impact had made and was well on her way to attack Cassandra from behind.

Cassandra however was prepared as her sensors noticed a body suddenly coming from behind. Her automatic reflex protocols came into hyperdrive and she swiftly got out of the way. As Blue kept on throwing punch after punch at the battle butler, said butler’s eyes moved unnaturally fast to analyze the superhuman’s movement patterns. She couldn’t counterattack just yet as transforming her arms back would take up valuable time. Suddenly a large hammer came from behind and socked Blue right across the jaw. The superheroine staggered back but apparently not dazed instead she leapt backwards.

“Take that and then some!” said Viviana as she bounced towards Cassandra, “I’ll keep em off your back Cass! And I’ll have their heads if they hurt you!”

“Your concern is unwarranted Ms. Chicle. And I would advise you to look at your own opponent,” she bluntly stated.

“Whaaaa?” gaped Viviana as a single broken off chunk of the pyramid came right towards her.

Viviana yelped in surprise before holding her palms up and expanding them to act as a shield. The stone’s flat side crashed against her palm and the broken block bounced off into the sand letting loose a cloud of sand. Red was now high in the sky with another broken block resting on his shoulder. The red costumed hero chucked it up before catching it and spinning in the air to throw it at Viviana. Now that she saw what he was doing she squashed her knees to cleanly duck under it before coiling her knees several times over. She released the pressure and vaulted herself in the air like a dart towards Red.

The hero’s face flashed in surprise as he barely maneuvered out of the way but he failed to notice that Viviana’s leg had snaked around his ankle. Unaware of his new fate, Red yelled in shock as he was suddenly brought down to earth by the sudden pull. Viviana let go in time for him to smack into an Ionian column buried into the sand. He got up and clutched his face as he winced in pain from the impact. At this point his face was quite red and scratched up. Viviana had crash landed not too far and swiftly got up as Red leaped at her to deliver a karate chop. Viviana brought her arms up, expanding them to a brick shape, to cushion the immense blow that caused a burst of sand to fly around them. Subsequently, Red’s own attack made him bounce off into the distance before crashing to the ground.

“Ooooh, I smell hesitation on you! You’ve been holding back this entire time,” spat Viviana.

“I mean I don’t want to hurt you by accident if I can help it,” confessed Red as he got up.

“You can’t hurt me at all!” shouted Viviana, “And I’m not going to tolerate some folk that won't take us seriously by having 40% of their match be sidekicks!”

She began running towards Red with one arm stretched back. As she ran the entire arm’s length began coiling up from the shoulder to the wrist stretching the arm and coiling up to the most she’d ever done to this point. Red opened uncupped his hands from his bruised face in time to see a scowling Viviana running towards him with an arm that looked like a rubber band that had been wound up way too much.

“RIFLE BEAM!” shouted Viviana as she stopped point blank from Red and shoved her punch into his chest catapulting Red several meters away as the extending arm uncoiled. It swiftly retracted back to her and Viviana clenched her fist while smiling. Viviana blinked and closed her eyes for just a moment. I gotta make it lickity split back to Cass. Girl needs my help! She rested her hands on her knees as she caught her breath faltering in her movement.

Rest was not in her cards, however, as she was stormed by a charging Andrew Donovan who scooped her up unceremoniously. "You know, I'm hurt you forgot about me, but you did have a point. You would be very difficult to get rid of physically. So let's get you out of here." The tactic was clear to anyone watching or involved. He was charging towards the boundary at top speed, using anything that tried to slow him down to just pull him forward.

"Huuuwwhaaat!," yelled Viviana as her eyes widened at the incoming arena boundary, "So that's how the cookie crumbles, huh?"

Viviana rapidly elongated her arms and warped them around Andrew’s neck coiled like a boa constrictor to make sure he'd get dragged along with her. Hopefully this would ease the burden on the rest of the squad.

With a deep sigh, the sidekick seemed to realize what Viv was doing. "Seems to be. Good show out there." Then, just as the boundary was coming up, Jackrabbit stopped abruptly, making sure to hold onto Viviana with one hand as he used the other to wave to the crowd. Then, with two steps, they are out. "This sucks."

As the fight between Andrew and Viviana had ended with the announcer calling both names, Cassandra was still in a stalemate of blocking the superheroine Blue's super fast attacks and returning some of her own. The announcement of her teammate getting out of the match prompted Cassandra to prioritize the offensive more so she could team up with another of her squadmates. As Blue went for a gut punch Cassandra gripped both sides of her wrist and wrenched it upwards to slam Blue into the ground in a 180 degree arc. Cassandra gripped the arm using it like a lever to keep Blue on the ground.

“Through your actions I managed to discover that you do not have super strength at the moment. Therefore your threat level is inconsequential,” she stated.

“She doesn’t but I do!,” roared Red as he dived bombed Cassandra knocking her over.

Red flew back up clutching his knuckles as the android was much harder than he had expected while letting loose all sorts of expletives. His sister on the other hand went right again for the offensive by letting out a flurry of blows at Cassandra. The battle butler easily blocked all the blows now having adjusted a protocol for the superhuman. Red came back diving down but instead of attacking Cassandra he pulled up Blue into the sky by hoisting her arms and threw her upwards. As she came down to the ground the siblings high fived each other and this time it was Blue that dive bombed Cassandra while Red plummeted to the ground. Blue abruptly caught Cassandra by the throat and brought her into the air at least six meters.

The superhuman woman began spinning around in the air like a fan motor building up as much momentum as she could muster. Once she was satisfied she let go of Cassandra launching the battle butler out of the arena like mortar shell. Blue didn’t get to see the crash to the ground as she herself fell to the arena only to be caught by her brother.
“You alright there?,” said Red in between deep breaths.

“Sorta, not really. I guess I underestimated them,” said Blue wiping sweat off her brow.

“You and me both,” said Red with a big smile before wincing in pain from the crash against the column.

A double buzzer blew across the stadium as the announcer proclaimed the Young Bloods next casualty.

Cosmic & Ashen Moth

“Hello Mark,” Ashy began as the squad walked into the arena, walking alongside the newly famous newcomer to the team, “Roy informed me of our target, and that we must work together to bring down Star Queen.” As she spoke, Cosmic looked straight ahead, as if he didn’t hear his teammate, but she continued on regardless. “Do you have a plan to beat her?” She asked, walking a little bit ahead of him and turning her head to look directly at him.

His eyes sharpened as he looked at Ash, and his reply was quick and cutting, “That is my plan. I’ll beat her. Don’t get in the middle of things, I’ll handle it, all of it.”

Ash looked a bit confused at Mark’s words, blinking in surprise at the hostility in his tone. Frowning, she tried to make sense of his plan. He sounded confident, but wasn’t she supposed to be doing something as well? “B-but we are on the same team. We should help each other.”

“No one helped me when I was in the hospital after my fight with Mayhem.” He jabbed back, Ash stopping in her walk as Cosmic pressed on and the venom in the boy’s voice became evermore apparent.

“I did not know.” Ash said softly, “I would have came if I knew.” As Mark walked on without her, Ash shook her head and jogged to catch up behind him, silent and looking down as he and the rest walked onto the stadium floor with a wrought iron gaze, his piercing eyes a noticeable feature of the Young Bloods’ First Squad, and his appearance generating some buzz.

As Nightshade made quick work of the respect given to the Stars, Cosmic readied himself for the upcoming fight. Though he figured his time could be better spent knocking out a few of the Stars’ sidekicks and then turning to face Star Queen as a team, mirroring the battle that happened with the Braves, he figured Roy’s battle plan was sound enough to stick. The bell sounded and Cosmic ignited his aura, disappearing from the group in a cloud of sand as Red, Blue, and Jackrabbit rushed the squad. He ascended rapidly into the air and twisted himself around, knowing Star Queen would appear any moment now.

Right on cue, Mark felt a sudden air pressure change as a scorching hot beam of energy whizzed past his head, catching a few hairs as he tilted his cranium to the side. He blasted himself forward toward the beam, finding several more spinning his way. Bobbing up and down and side to side, the Corpsman effortlessly glided through the barrage and made direct contact with Star Queen, slamming his clenched fist into the woman’s stomach abruptly, the Stars’ Lieutenant looking a bit upset at that development. “Figured you’d be interested in battling with energy,” Cosmic stated, “But I’m more of a brawler.”

“Oh, I know.” Star Queen retorted, crashing her own fist into Cosmic’s jawline with an explosion of energy, jarring the young hero at the heroines’ raw power. “You don’t think I studied up on you, Cosmic? It’s pretty obvious they’d send you to target me, you teens aren’t slick. I need you to know something as well,” She continued, following her punch by a side kick that brutally bent Cosmic and caused him to fly off to the side. “You’re my target, fly boy.”

Ash caught the faintest glimpse of Cosmic’s exit from the group, the energy blast propelling him forward so quickly that it sent up a cloud of dust and sand behind him. Lifting her two upper arms to try and shield her eyes, Ash had to brace herself as the pressure wave from Cosmic’s takeoff washed over her. Blinking in surprise at her teammate’s sudden departure, she tried her best to follow him as the three Star members made their assault. Breathing in and out quickly, the moth heroine took flight, shakily at first, but more confident as her climbed higher in the air. “Cosmic!” She shouted, seeing the bright light of his aura and following it on instinct, narrowing her own eyes as she saw beams flying past Mark, knowing he was fighting Star Queen. “I will not be useless, I will not be in your way, I can help!” She declared, perhaps aware that Cosmic couldn’t hear her, but assuring herself more than anything.

But suddenly, memories of the searing pain in her wing and the flash of light from Renata’s hands caused Ash to furrowed her brow. Her upwards pace, eager and determined at first, slowed to a crawl until she hovered motionless little more than a body length above the ground. Warily, she looked down towards the sandy ground that waited not too far beneath her feet. If she went any higher, what would happen if she fell? Star Queen used energy blasts too, so if one of them clipped her wings would she simply collapse from the sky like she had done before? Ash’s courage seemed to seep from her limbs as doubt and worry crossed her features.

No! I promised that I would help. She thought, desperately trying to steel her retreating mind. Maybe…maybe I could help without flying too high? Glancing around, she looked around for something, anything that she could use to her advantage. But all she could see were her teammates trading blows with their opponents, each of them giving the fight their all while she simply hovered their helplessly.

Looking upwards, Ash’s eyes made out the two figures in the distance trading a few blows, letting out a small gasp as Cosmic was knocked away by Star Queen. The older heroine raised her hand and formed a large ball of energy almost effortlessly, swirling the power in her hand for a moment before firing it out like a solid wall of kinetic force at her tag-team partner. Seeing the movement and watching as Cosmic appeared to be in no position to avoid it, Ash’s jaw set in determination as she forced her doubt from her mind. I must prove to everyone that I am a hero. If Casimir says that I can do it, then I cannot let him down. With a renewed sense of conviction, and a determined effort to not look down, Ash proceeded to flap her wings harder and lift herself towards the fray. The insect heroine narrowed her eyes and flew faster, unsheathing her wrist stingers and using her enhanced senses to track the subtle movements of Star Queen, ignoring the brilliant bright light she was producing.

Ashy flew lower and turned up quickly, lunging at Star Queen with her left in a powerful haymaker, intent on just catching just a small part of the heroine with her poison. To the heroines’ surprise, the Stars match captain leaned back and avoided the blow, her eyes shifting from Cosmic to her in an instant, and in that moment, Ash felt a sense of dread. Though she hesitated, Star Queen rushed forward into Ash, grabbing the girls’ upper arm and putting her knee into the teen’s thorax, narrowly missing a massive return blast from Cosmic that would have engulfed both his teammate and his opponent. “What an asshole.” Star Queen stared bluntly, Ash taking the opportunity regardless of what Cosmic may have tried to do.

Rearing her head back, the moth heroine ignored the pain racing in her center and drove her head forward, cracking her tough exoskeleton against Star Queen’s nostril bridge. The older heroine recoiled from the hit, spinning midair while still grabbing Ash, and threw the teen in a different direction. As Ash tumbled in the skies for a moment, she kept her eyes on Star Queen and watched as she opened her palms with her eyes closed and nose bleeding, and caught another massive blast from Cosmic, the energy exploding on contact. “If I had still been there..” She said aloud, getting angry as Mark acted reckless and kept putting her in danger.

As Star Queen emerged from the cloud, she wore a look of contempt and disgust. “We’re going to have a chat.” She announced, her entire form exploding and suddenly crashing into Cosmic, whom she had grabbed by the throat, and with her forceful entry, slammed him into the sand below without retaliation from the space hero. “You’re trying to hit me and your teammate at the same time, that’s a little bit rude, don’t you think?”

Cosmic flared his aura harshly as he began to resist Star Queen, “I told her to stay out of my way and she hasn’t. No one on this squad or this team cares about me, so I couldn’t care less about them.” He lifted his palm to the side of Star Queen and detonated a large blast of energy, knocking the woman off of him. Twisting over and rising to his feet, “As long as I deal with you, that’s all that matters. I’m gone once this is all over, anyways.”

“You have some problems you need to work out with your team,” Star Queen replied, pointing a finger at Cosmic, a concentrated beam of energy firing out of it and zapping through his abdomen, cutting through it and melting part of the sand behind him into glass in an instant. “Right now isn’t the time to do it, either. Have you ever tried talking to your team about how you feel?”

“Hurk…” Cosmic muttered as he clutched his stomach and took a knee. “Some things don’t need to be said. Everyone else gets a helping hand or a friend they can rely on and they don’t ask for it or talk about it with the others. I’ve always been alone and now that I’m on the Young Bloods, I’ve never felt any lonelier.” As he spoke, anger rose in his voice, and Mark stood up and took his hand away from the painful wound, still very burnt but no longer a clean hole all the way through. “It’s all teenage melodrama to you, anyways.” With that, Cosmic charged forward, concentrating his aura in his muscles and nerves to increase his power, speed, and reaction time, entering into his Flow State in order to combat Star Queen in his familiar style. As Cosmic swung, Star Queen stepped back and avoided his first few blows, two orbs of energy forming in her hands as she played defensive against the Corpsman.

Ducking down without warning, Star Queen blasted Cosmic’s chest with one of the orbs and immediately pivoted on her heel, launching the other energy attack against Ashy as she tried to sneak up on the heroine from behind, eliciting a surprised yelp from the girl. Launching both teens backwards, Star Queen looked from the boy to the girl, taking her pick of who to go after next. She flew towards the moth, forming two more orbs in her hand to quickly finish off Cosmics’ teammate so she could focus on beating more sense into the boy.

Ash looked up and saw the Stars’ impromptu captain approaching, and scrambled to her feet, unsheathing her wrist stingers covertly to try her hand at poisoning her once more. A wild burst of energy exploded from where Cosmic had landed, and the young teen came flying out of nowhere, catching up to Star Queen and crashing into her with his body, forcibly grabbing the heroines’ elbows and driving his knee into the small of her back, ignoring the fact that he was on a collision course with his teammate.

“Mark!” She yelled briefly, instinctively putting her hands out in front to protect herself from the impact, Cosmic causing both his body and Star Queen’s to rock into Ashy’s frame with tremendous force, knocking the gal to the side and making her tumble several times through the sands as the pair skidded to a stop as well. Dazed and extremely disoriented, Ash regained consciousness rather quickly and turned to look at the fighters. Mark was blasted off of Star Queen, and Mark returned the blast as well. Focusing her eyes a bit, Ash noticed a hole on Star Queen’s thigh above the back of her knee cap. “Yes!” She said to herself, flaring her wings up a bit.

She then heard Cosmic’s deep, painful breaths, and turned her attention to him. A similar hole was bleeding slightly in his upper arm, Ash gasping that she had stuck both her teammate and her opponent. Both appeared to become weak rather quickly, as they lazily lobbed balls and beams of energy at the other from a distance, with the receiver stumbling out of the way of the opposing forces’ blast. “Fuck…” Mark stammered, his eyes becoming blurry and every coming in and out of focus.

“Shit.” Star Queen muttered under her breath, “Closer… Closer and I can hit him.” She said under her breath, running at Cosmic as she began to lose feeling in her legs, stumbling once or twice but picking herself up mid-stride, Cosmic dropping to one knee and picking himself back up for a moment, gritting his teeth at Star Queen as a string of drool ran out of the corner of his mouth. A ball of energy flashed in the heroines’ hand, coming in and out of existence until it was steady and swirling, Star Queen jutting her hand out to blast it forward at Cosmic.

Seeing the event in motion, Ashy trusted in her flight, and flew between the Stars’ temporary captain and her own teammate, grunting as she bore the brunt of the hit with her torso, careful to avoid damage to her wings, but feeling the rough burn and kinetic impact of the blast that was meant for Cosmic. Star Queen closed her eyes and opened them slowly as she staggered, Ash feeling faint as the blast hit in the exact same spot where she was kneed previously.

“Cosmic, together we can -” She felt her teammates’ hand on her shoulder, and in a move that simply broke the poor girls’ spirit, Cosmic forcibly shoved Ashy out of the way and made her fall onto the sand nearby as he ran forward. Grabbing Star Queen by the collar and yanking her up and forward with the last of his fading strength, Cosmic slammed his forehead into Star Queen’s head hard enough to tear his own skin, sending a trickle of blood racing down both sides of his face and forming a single droplet on his chin.

She slumped back in an odd position as Cosmic remained on his feet for just a moment longer, limply falling to the side, passing out completely in the warm sands as Ash clutched her stomach and brought her legs closer to her body, a sniffle escaping her nose as tears from both of her eyes joined together on her face as she lay in the sand sideways, still fully conscious, simply hurt in a far more grievous manner.

While the rest of the squad was teaming up, Roy was set to face Surge alone, climbing up the side of the pyramid in order to ascend to the top, where his foe was waiting for him. It was a crucial part of their plan, if he could find a way to win then he would be able to support whichever group needed his help. But first he needed to win, and that was easier said than done. After an arduous climb, he found his opponent standing cross-armed inside the ring at the top of the pyramid. He charged forward with his staff in hand towards Surge, determined to be on the offensive in this fight. In response, the sidekick unfolded his arms and quickly threw up a shield made of translucent blue energy, which blocked the staff blow.

“Not as talkative as your buddies, are you?” Surge remarked as he backed away, out of the staff’s range. As he did so, the barrier seemingly melted away and returned to him before coalescing around his arms, forming a pair of lion-shaped gauntlets.

Without wasting another second, the blond hero suddenly launched himself at Nightshade with astounding speed, going for a left hook.

Roy ducked under Surge’s strike, impressed by the sheer quickness of it. His duck quickly turned into a tackle as he threw all his weight at the electric hero, forcing him to the ground before flipping through the air gracefully and landing on his feet.

“We’re here to fight, not talk.” He rebutted, sending a strong vertical swing of his staff down towards Icarus.

“Fine by me.” The former vigilante spoke defiantly as he rose back to his feet, hurt by the earlier attack, but quickly healing. “Let’s get this over with.” As Roy’s staff swung downwards, instead of summoning another shield or trying to deflect it, Icarus used both hands to catch the weapon, wincing as his hands stopped the blow. Without giving the shadow hero a chance to react, he formed a small construct binding Roy’s hands to the staff, and then used it to swing him towards the ropes nearby, before sending a fist construct straight towards him.

As Roy was flung backwards he barely managed to land on his feet before the fist construct suddenly hit him. It sent him flying back, and Roy just barely managed to stay in bonds. He regained his composure before Surge could strike again. He started to absorb energy from the night sky around him, black aura surging around his right hand. Roy shot forward once more, and just as him and Surge were inches apart, he disappeared in Icarus’ shadow, only to reappear behind him as he slammed his right fist into the Star’s back.

Icarus was sent tumbling forward by the sheer force of the blow, empowered by shadows, but was quick to react and roll out of the way before the dark hero could press his advantage. There were no words exchanged as he glared at Roy, who walked forward, staff in hand, ready to deliver another blow. This time the sidekick parried the attack with a hastily formed sword construct and then changed it into a large war hammer, using it to try and knock Roy out of the arena while he was still off-balance.
Roy quickly ducked and rolled to the side out of the way of the swinging hammer, but it caught his staff which went flying a few feet to the side. He couldn’t reach for it without opening himself up to attack, so he decided to focus on offense. He instead got to his feet as quickly as he could, and charged forward once more, the closer he got to Icarus the less his weapon advantage would matter. As he closed the gap he wrapped his fists together and slammed down in a hammer like attack.

However, it turned out that the young Star was prepared to meet this sudden retaliation. Rather than try to block or attack with his hammer, Icarus allowed it to melt away and then quickly rolled out of the way of Roy’s attack. Rising to his feet, the former vigilante turned around, the energy that previously formed the hammer instead coalescing around his arms as bright blue gauntlets. More energy flowed from the batteries hanging to his sides, taking the form of two additional arms to his sides, that were joined by another pair, and then another. The crowd cheered as they saw the newest member of Los Angeles’ home team prepare his signature attack.

“HEKATONCHEIRES!” The blond hero shouted before lashing out with all eight arms against his foe, each becoming a blur as they unleashed a relentless flurry of strikes upon the Young Blood.

Roy raised his arms, struggling to keep up with the swarm of attacks released by Icarus’ many arms. He knew he only had a few moments before he would be taken out entirely. Black energy started to swirl around his hand, and he had once last chance to land a finishing hit on Surge. He slammed his powered fist upwards, smacking away the arms as he jumped up for a finishing blow.

“SHADOW STRIKE!”

Roy’s fist stopped inches before Surge’s face as he was grabbed one of the arms. Suddenly he was being spun around and sent flying towards the out of bounds.

As the dust settled, Surge slowly exhaled. The battle was over, and the roaring of the crowd indicated that this was true of the tournament match as a whole. As he caught his breath after the brief but fierce bought, two familiar figures flew up to him, one carrying the other.

“You guys don’t play, huh?” Red remarked.

“The people wanted a fight, and a fight’s what they got.” The boy replied with a shrug, before making his way out of the arena.

Tomia
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 13, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Tomia » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:49 pm

Undisclosed Location, before the NASL Tournament

"So, who the hell called this meeting exactly?" A man in mercenary like suit of power armor said, as he entered what seemed like a strange combination between a conference room and an underground bunker. He had been called there through mysterious means, an unmarked letter that sat in his apartment with no sign of breaking and entering. But the letter promised two million dollars for just taking a meeting, and the only inclining at who the contract belonged to was an ominous insignia that depicted the letter "R", surrounded by flames.

The Reckoning

It was a name well known in the criminal underground. They were the boogieman of criminals in a way. The story was that you'd be mysteriously contacted by people claiming to be the Reckoning and if you refused them then you would disappear without a trace. The mercenary had always believed these to legends meant to scare rookies, but now that he was faced with such a situation, he wasn't taking the risk.

"Relax, Harold, we're all wondering the same thing." A British woman said as she was sitting in a swivel chair around a rectangular glass table. She was blonde and wearing a red dress and would have looked almost inconspicuous if it wasn't for the sword that was strapped to her back. She was the Scarlet Sword, and the man who had walked in was a mercenary who went by the name Kill Switch. Joining them in the room was Walter Hodges, also known as Thunderstruck, and finally there was a rather plain looking man who sat towards the head of the table not saying or doing much other than twirling a knife in his fingers with a bored expression.

"Ah, so you're the so called Scarlet Sword eh? Must be something serious if they pulled you away from your tea and crumpets." Kill Switch said as he took a seat at the table. "So, this the so called Reckoning? Have to say I'm not impress-."

Suddenly Kill Switch's chair was pulled out beneath him, as a shadowy figure appeared behind him.

"The Reckoning is more than your feeble imagination could possibly fathom." A woman now towered before them, her elegant dress and dark skin seemed to radiate with a menacing form of energy. All across her arms, neck and face, intricate tattoos were etched into her skin.

"You four are here because you serve a purpose." She spoke in a thick accent that was virtually unrecognizable. “Together the five of us will strike fear in the world, by attacking the so called heroes where they think themselves strongest. Their so called tournament."

Harold let out a laugh, before looking around and realizing she was serious. "Wait, the NASL tournament? You're serious? You expect me to join you on that guaranteed jail sentence? No thanks, I'll expect my check for the two million in the mail." He started to get up from his seat when suddenly a tentacle of dark energy gripped his arm, securing him in place.

"Any of you may leave, but to do so, you will have to go through me." The woman at the front of the table said, glaring down everyone in the room individually. "Any takers?" After being met with an expected silence, she continued, "Good, now we can talk details."

September 27th, NASL Semi Finals, New York City

After being eliminated by the tournament, many of the Young Bloods decided to stick around to see the remainder of the tournament, while others decided to head home to get settled for the start of school. Roy had decided to stay, mostly at the insistence of Mars who was very excited for the match. Besides, the Blue Jays would be fighting the Suns and Roy would have been a terrible friend if he didn't watch Kylie in her what was to be one of the biggest moments in her life.

The match was set to start soon, and he was heading to the VIP booth that Kylie had set him and the other Young Bloods with, those that were interested in attending the match rather than hanging out in New York City that was.The stadium was starting to fill up, and a sense of anticipation was starting to build in the crowd. Mars was chattering on about that the match would be like given the strength of these two teams, while others talked among themselves or were off getting food or mingling with fans. About a half an hour passed and the match was only a few minutes away. The national anthem started to play as the participating heroes were lined up across the stadium.

In the middle of the song however the microphones cut off, and the lights all around the stadium suddenly went dead. Roy heard an explosion off distance as screams could be heard from the stands. Suddenly the lights returned, and floating in the center of the stadium was cloaked figure who was surrounded by swirling darkness.

"You thought yourselves safe in this den of hubris. But nowhere is beyond our reach.” She dropped down to the arena where she was suddenly joined by Kill Switch, Thunderstruck, Scarlet sword and masked man that Roy didn't recognize.

Roy saw Goliath charge forward towards Dark Star, but she and the others disappeared into darkness just as they had appeared.

"We are Darkness, and we are Legion." Dark Star's voice echoed and boomed across the stadium despite being nowhere in sight.

Absolon-7
Diplomat

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Absolon-7 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:34 pm

Tomia wrote:September 27th, NASL Semi Finals, New York City

Casimir and Viviana September 27th
After the Young Bloods' defeat in the quarterfinals Casimir and Viviana had been two among those who chose to stay for the remainder of the tournament as neither had to worry about school. They had followed Roy to the VIP booth that Kylie had gotten the remaining members and sat next to each other in the front. The cold autumn of New York had made Viviana choose to wear a puffy white turtleneck sweater with blue jeans while Casimir's only defense against the cold as a red and black jacket.

Casimir could've thought of better things to do but staying to see how the ones who were good enough to reach this point would stack up. Casimir rested his cheek on his hand as he noticed how much better this VIP sections was especially the seats which didn't have a geologic layer of gum below them. His eyes wandered across the room until they circled back to Viviana. He gulped before wordlessly moving his hand to hold the top of her and she similarly silently turned her hand to hold it back.

Viviana munched on a funnel cake topped with whip cream as the time for the match began to count down. She really didn't know how to feel about the tournament at this point. Sure her own squad won its own match but she was the first one out and not even to a member of the opposing team. And for the quarterfinals she was doing pretty good if she said so herself but she got taken out in such a lackluster manner. She was this close to beating Red but reality said a big fat 'nope'.

This day would not go as planned for anyone as the sudden cessation of light that was replaced by the bombastic birth of an explosion in the distance brought any desires for pleasantries crashing down. The stadium's center then had a rolling mass of moving darkness that revealed some woman that stood side by side several well known villains and one nondescript masked man. One of the assorted villains, however, made Casimir drop agape before it twisted to an angry snarl.

"Thunderstruck you bastard!" shouted Casimir inside the booth as if Thunderstruck was in there with him.

He suddenly got up to join on an attack on them that Goliath had started but he was swiftly tugged back into his seat by Viviana that still held firm to his hand.

"Casi what are you thinking? You're not gonna break the glass in front of us just to get in the fight are you?" pleaded Viviana.

"Yes! I still owe that glorified electrician a beating for the zoo mission," said Casimir excitedly, "I'll take the new helmet of his too!"

Darkstar's voice supernaturally echoed throughout the arena for all to hear proclaiming their intent at least vaguely before darkness covered them all again. In the same span their destruction was caused the villains had vanished seemingly accomplishing their goal. Casimir stared at the empty spot where they once stood before letting leaning forward.

"So are they calling themselves the Darkness Legion or something? There's barely even half a dozen of them," spat Casimir before more inquisitively asking the team's leader, "You got any ideas what this was about, Roy?"
Last edited by Absolon-7 on Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New Neros
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 14, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Neros » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:16 pm

Mark Nemo

For once when he woke up, he wasn't alone.

The older woman held a look of sternness, a bit of anger as well, her body language giving off an even more hostile aura. The teen hero blinked his eyes open, and honestly felt some surprise seeing anyone else in his hospital room. Ripping off the monitors on his body and swinging his legs over the bed, Mark began to stand silently, going about his routine and uncaring that Naja stared intently at his every move. "Anyone else?" Cosmic asked coldly, pulling on a dark blue shirt on his sturdy frame. Naja's silence begged an explanation, to which Cosmic continued, "Anyone else decide to make a visit?"

"What's it all about?" She asked, folding her legs together and swinging a foot. "Walk me through your last match, if you don't mind."

"Why don't you walk me through my three matches before that one?" He shot back, slipping on his sandals and plugging his phone in to charge for a moment.

"We aren't talking about those right now." Naja responded.

"I am whether you like it or not." He said back harshly, "Where were you? Where was anyone from my team? It's always been the same, no one wants to make the effort to see me, what I can do, or even if I'm okay in the fuckin' hospital. I wanted to be in a team because I wanted to belong to something greater than myself, I wanted friends, companions. How selfish of me, right?" He asked, Naja remaining silent, "Right?!" He yelled, slamming his fist on the table and cracking it. "I feel lonely and hurt, and all you could think to do was come to me and what? Belittle me? Punish me? What?"

"I came to talk to you," Naja replied sternly, "Something that should have happened sooner, before any of this happened." Cosmic sighed, and let her keep speaking instead of interjecting. "I feel as if these feelings you have should have been made known prior to you having an outburst. I can't know you're suffering if you don't tell me, Mark. You bottling up those emotions caused your teammate to get hurt, and it may have cost the squad the match."

"No one else," Mark replied, "No one else has to say something's wrong. No one else has to come forth and be clear and direct with their emotions. Only I have to speak up and let you know what's going on in my mind. The others get asked what's the matter, their problems are immediately addressed, and I can't get so much as a good job, great work, nice fight, how are you, do you feel okay, what do you want to do, something. Anything. I don't care about the tournament, I wanted to get closer with my team, I wanted to get to know everyone else, but no one else cared to invite me along places. Even if I tried to invite myself or make some fun thing with others, no one showed up or even responded to me."

"Naja," He continued, "I've been alone almost my entire life. It's some sad superhero backstory, I know, but I sincerely don't like being on my own. I don't know if you cared enough to read my files or anything, but I've been in and out of foster care. I don't know my parents, family, friends, nothing. In the foster care system, brothers and sisters come and go so you don't even get enough time to become friends or siblings. You're kept alive because your parents get a check in the mail. What did I do after that? When I went to space? I became a child soldier with raw energy projection. I have seen and done things no teenager should have any right of seeing or doing, both here on Earth and out in space. You know what made that hell livable? I have teammates who cared about me. Mentor watched over me, my squadmates pushed me to better myself, and talked to me outside of it all."

"It isn't what you do, but who you're with." Cosmic finally stated, "I don't want to be here anymore if this is the environment you have decided to grow inside the Young Bloods."

"I'm sorry you feel this way," Naja said softly, "But I believe you still need to apologize to Ashy about how you treated her in the semi-finals."

"I'll think about it." Cosmic said, closing his eyes, feeling like none of his words made it through to Naja. He grabbed his phone and charger from the wall, stuffing both in his pockets. He turned to walk out of the hospital room, gripping the handle as Naja spoke up once more.

"Cosmic," She began, "It gets better."

He swung the door open abruptly and slid out of it, shouting, "Don't fucking lie to me." Just as the door slammed shut.

Ava Waldstein

"What the fuck is your problem?" She asked abruptly as soon as she saw Mark exit from the hospital room. "Don't be fuckin' mean to Ashy!" Mark ignored her and turned to walk down the opposite end of the hall. "And don't fuckin' ignore me!" Ava ran at Mark and pushed him forward harshly, the young teen spinning on his heel and throwing a hard right hook. Ava ducked back and avoided the blow, her eyes never leaving her friend. "Knock it off!" Ava shouted, Mark baring his teeth at his friend, and filling his body with energy as his hairs stood on end. "I don't want to do this with you right now."

"Then don't talk shit to my face and push me."

"Why did you treat Ashy like that?"

"Because no one wants to be my friend except for you. I want to be accepted and loved and checked up on and be friends with everyone, but I can't catch a fuckin' break. So I'm mad at the team and honestly? I think I hate everyone for not wanting to have anything to do with me."

"Everyone is busy doing their own thing, dipshit. We're all here in New York and it isn't our job to make sure you're accommodated."

"I don't want to be coddled, I just want to be accepted for who I am."

"Who isn't accepting you? Who is excluding you from things? You're a whiny little pussy who can't handle it if other people don't constantly give him attention. Just stop giving a fuck already." She shouted, patients peeking out of their rooms to see what the commotion was, several floor nurses storming the scene to get the two teens out of the hall and preferably out of the hospital entirely. "Stop giving a fuck already." She spat a bit more reserved, "Just don't let it bother you, I don't care if people want to hang out with me or not. I'm perfectly fine on my own."

"I'm always on my own! And I'm not you, it's hard not to care, okay?" He said, cracking a bit. "When it's all you ever want, it's hard to just give it up."

"Why do you want to be included so fuckin' bad?" Darklight asked, narrowing her eyes, "The Young Bloods aren't as cool as you think they are in your head. They're not some golden ticket to making your life livable. You're the only one in charge of that, alright? Your stupid fuckin' emotions got other people hurt and got the team knocked out of the tournament. And yeah, you're edgy, you don't care, blah blah blah, well you know what? People do notice you, okay? And now you have a negative spot for everyone after that shit you just pulled."

"I don't want to be on the team anymore."

"Tough shit," Darklight replied, "We're sticking this out and handling it with the squad. Shi wants to speak to you soon, I just came to personally give you a middle finger for fucking the rest of us over." She said, extending her finger right in front of Mark's face. "Go to the training center from here, we'll be waiting."
Looking for a good time? Horizon Academy is the place to be! | Do Forum Mods dream of sexual DEAT?
Reploid Productions wrote:I have had to read a lot of erotic RP telegrams in the past four months and it does all start to run together into one giant mass of penises, vaginas, breasts, tentacles, dildos, bodily fluids and so on.

Tomia
Post Marshal

New York Times Democracy

Postby Tomia » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:11 pm

Roy, September 27, NASL Semifinals
"No idea Casimir, but whatever they are it clearly has something to do with this woman manipulating darkness. Thunderstruck, Scarlet Sword, and Kill Switch, this doesn't fit any of their M.O.s. So whatever it is, she clearly organized it." He said to his teammate. Roy realized they needed to get organized. Naja was elsewhere currently, and he didn't know the location of a good number of his teammates.

"Young Bloods, report in, I want a status report from everyone." He said into their communicators. Mars, Casimir, and Viv were all in his immediate group, so he figured he would start there. "You three are with me." He said gesturing to them. "We need to figure out what's going on. There was an explosion in food court, we should start there and see who needs help." Roy told the group. All around them people were panicking and evacuating the stadium that gradually became more and more empty.

"Roy, what do you know about these villains? I know Thunderstruck but that's about it." Mars said to his friend.

"Kill Switch is your standard mercenary type, but he has a nasty calling card that gives him his name. He likes to use explosions, particularly remote detonation. Which makes me think what we saw was his doing. Scarlet Sword, well she's an infamous assassin in England, prides herself on stealth. I don't know what she is doing here..."

Outside of their VIP box he heard someone shouting, "Run for your lives! The electric guy is tearing apart the gift shop!"

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Founded: May 17, 2014
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:05 pm

Tomia wrote:Roy, September 27, NASL Semifinals

Renata Martinez, the heroic Stella!

September 27th

Thank God for Elle and thank God for Facebook. School may have started a week ago, but Renata, much like a couple of other members of her team, chose to stay in New York even though they had already gotten eliminated by the Stars - something which she was still a little bitter for, as it meant Squad 1 got to hog all the glory of facing off in the quarter finals, but she didn't press the matter. Why should she not stay? How often do you get to visit one of the largest events in the superhero community, especially when you don't even live in the United States? She couldn't just let herself miss the opportunity - but returning to school after missing well over a week of new content would be... difficult. So, she recruited Elle for help. The two of them shared Elle's notes on this week's lessons so Renata would be able to keep up on all the new study material despite being absent.

She didn't have a lot of time before the match between the Bluejays and the Suns, but she couldn't let herself miss the chance to get a pastry beforehand. So, she was standing by one of the stalls, checking out all the stuffed buns offered by the baker and his small family business. And besides, with her usual lightning pace, she should make it back in time...

The stadium was a fair distance away, but even from the food court, Renata could almost immediately notice that something was going on. The United Statesian national anthem ceased, a faint rumble followed, as if something out there collapsed. It immediately raised the girl's suspicions - which proved to be completely correct when the food court was suddenly lit ablaze.

"Watch out!" Renata yelled, immediately jumping into action once a fireball and an explosion engulfed several stalls on the other side of the court. Propelling herself with plasma jets, she pushed shocked masses of people aside, signaling them to escape, while staying on guard for any suspicious figures popping up.

Just in time, the YB button on her jacket beeped and Roy's voice rang out. He was aware of the sudden terrorist attack and demanded the team to report their status. Simple enough. Renata backed away, pressing her back onto a truck for cover, and pressed onto her button, speaking:

"Stella here, I'm at the stadium food court and there's been a villain attack right in front of me. If Squad 3 can come here and reinforce, that'd be great."

She left her Stella suit at home, that sucks. But she wasn't hiding her secret identity at this point, anyway. Instead, Renata just took off her jacket and tossed it at the side, leaving herself wearing jeans and a tank top - the bare skin will help her absorb more sunlight, and since she's definitely getting to a fight with someone, she'll need it...
I have a severe case of addiction to writing. At least 3k words every day is my fix.

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Nov 12, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:46 pm

Bael

Well, they did great! Up until they had to go up against the Stars. Squad 1. While he had the utmost confidence in them, he knew that getting the Stars was basically the same time they got disqualified. Oh well, their win streak had to come to an end at some point. Despite them no longer being in the tournament he wasn't distraught about the loss. They'd done more than enough to prove that they weren't just a bunch of kids. A whole FIVE wins in a row? Acing their prelims? They didn't have to win the whole thing to prove their point, and he felt that it had gotten across quite well.

The one thing he did have to complain about was the dropping temperature. He'd brought some enchanted robes to keep him warm and was grateful for having gotten them. Coupled with the hologuise, he was perfectly capable of wandering around the arena without getting stares. Despite the weather, he opted to stay in New York for the final few days of the tournament.

However, things went awry quite quickly. As he was sitting with the rest of the team, Several explosions rang out from across the stadium. In the brief moments of panic, he had to wonder what idiots would have the gall to attack a stadium filled with the best superhumans in the country?

He didn't have to wait to find out who it was: The Reckoning. He stood up, his tail flicking around invisibly thanks to the guise, but he deactivated it. There was going to be action, and several of the team, including Mars who was explaining who'd they sent, were already about to go jump into action against... Thunderstruck. He remembered the guy from their very first mission. While it went south, he did remember that Thunderstuck went down. He almost opted to jump down and go with them until he heard his communicator go off. It was Renata saying that there was a bunch of explosions and she's alone in the food court. Which was the calling card of Killswitch according to him.

He replied to her. "I hear you. I'll be there in a minute. Be careful and don't start a fight until I get there. If you can avoid it." He charged out of the room and towards the food court. Renata could take care of herself until he got there, but it wasn't a good idea to take on a known superpowered killer alone. Not that he wanted to take one on even with the team, but if it had to be done...

He jumped and swooped down to the Food Court. "R-Stella!" He called out. "I'm-" He got cut off by an explosion erupting beneath him and launching him forward. He landed, rolled, and was back on his feet when he caught a glimpse of who he was after.

"Would you look what I caught? A Young Blood? You all have some balls to go around calling yourselves that. Thankfully we're still here to give you all a reminder of where you remain on the pecking order." A explosion detonated under his feet, and he launched himself at Bael. The Dra'Qunni's reflexes were a bit quicker than he expected and his momentum was halted by the immovable mass of scales who wrapped him in a bear hug. "What're you gonna do? Hug me to death?" He winced beneath his mask as the hug went from "Uncomfortable" to "I can't breathe."

Not that he was going to let a mere child get the better of him. He generated an explosion right under his feet and against Bael's legs. The detonation threw the Dra'Qunni off balance and released his grip. A second explosion was generated right on Bael's chest and detonated, launching the large Young Blood into one of the restaurants.

Killswitch sucked in life giving air and did his best to maintain composure. "See? There's your problem. Could've snapped me in half right then and there. You'd have won."

Bael grunted as he pushed himself free of the kitchen utensils as Killswitch taunted him about the fact that he didn't just snap him in half and win. He opted to walk out and keep quiet. Ready to start fighting again.

Absolon-7
Diplomat

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Absolon-7 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:53 pm

Tomia wrote:Tunderstruck Before the Storm

Casimir Herman September 27th
He really shouldn't have been surprised that Roy didn't know anything given the circumstances but Casimir couldn't help but give a frustrated grunt as he got back up from his seat. As the portion of Young Bloods that had been in the VIP sectioned existed the luxurious suite they were then exposed to the cacophony of thousands of people attempting to evacuate. As Roy organized the first response squad and talked with Mars Casimir sent out a signal for his swarm to reach him immediately with his helmet. The portion he brought to the stadium wouldn't be able to bring his full costume unfortunately. He also sent the flying squadrons of his swarm to permeate throughout the stadium to identify the villain's locations. They acted like highly mobile sensory organs picking up bursts of information that was fed to his own senses.

One squadron of flies came upon Thunderstruck who in mirroring their first encounter was busting open registers for their cash. The smell of smoke and ozone permeated the gift shop as he used crackling snakelike bolts of electricity to rip apart the area in fits of destruction. Within a few more seconds the flies came upon some woman dressed in dark red stealth attire with a glowing sword in her hand running up stairs a bit farther away from the gift shop. The flies zipped farther ahead and the end of the hallway revealed it to be where the Tournament's administration was located. Casimir quickly grabbed onto his communication device as a bead of sweat formed on his head.

"Scarlet Sword is north of the gift shop running into a hallway to the tournament admin's quarters. I think she's gonna try to off them!" blurted out Casimir, "Anyone close there needs to get there ASAP or we're getting a whitecollar bloodbath." He turned off his communication device before turning to Roy and the other Young Bloods from the VIP section, "I'll head off now as the vanguard for Thunderstruck. You guys can come up with a plan while he's distracted with me, right?"

Casimir grinned and gave them a finger gun as he flipped forward to meet his incoming swarm. A chunk of his swarm consisting of ants came flooding in on the ground with his helmet at the tip. He scooped it up before placing it on his head and bolted towards the gift shop at full speed. He abruptly came to a stop at the front of the shop almost tripping as he skidded on one foot before stopping. As he regained his balanced Casimir quickly coughed to prepare his voice for his bombastic performance.

"Cease you worthless maggot! Or the Spectacular Kabuto will have no choice but to smite you!" yelled Casimir as he dramatically pointed at Thunderstruck with his other arm on his hip.

Thunderstruck took a moment to pause stuffing money into a burlap sack to turn and look at the challenger, "Well if it isn't that brat that ripped off my helmet a few months ago. Do you know how much I had to spend to get an exact replica?"

"Do you really think I'd care about your fashion problems?" spat Casimir.

"Probably not. So here's this," said Thunderstruck as he moved one hand forward to strike Casimir dead on with a thunderbolt.

Casimir was knocked back several feet but he recovered by back flipping onto his feet. The front of his jacket and shit had been burnt away to reveal a slightly reddish mark on his bare chest. Casimir grimaced at the pain but rushed forward ignoring it to deliver a a spinning kick to Thunderstruck's head. The blow buffeted him forcing the exosuit user to drop his loot but he was quick to retaliate by punching down at Casimir. He rolled out of the way before standing one one leg to return an outside roundhouse kick whose motion matched Tunderstruck's previous swing where he'd be most open. The blow struck Thunderstruck's face again this time slightly denting the face plate.

The villains tried punching back but Casimir easily weaved under it to deliver dozens of jabs at Thunderstruck's chest filling it with fist shaped dents. Tunderstruck tried to crush hug Casimir but the bug hero leaped upwards to knee Thuderstruck in the face. He landed in front of Thunderstruck and mockingly bowed to the villains as if he was giving a performance. Suddenly a bright blue light engulfed the room as Thunderstruck unleashed a circular blast of electricity around him. Casimir had no chance of escaping as the devastating attack struck him shocking him with incredibly high voltage. His body hit the floor as it was overwhelmed with violent spasms from the shock.

"You look way scrawnier without that suit of yours. Shame you wont be wearing it anymore after today," angrily said Thunderstruck as he reared back his fist. The mechanical arm's back half began to reconfigure itself into a more elongated shape revealing a piston coming out of the upper arm armor, "Took even more money but it'll be worth it for this."

"Blow it out of your ass you tool," grimaced a wincing Casimir as he looked up.

Thunderstruck unintelligibly cursed as he brought down his arm upon Casimir's chest cracking the floor beneath his body. The piston then raised itself up even more with his surging electricity filling up some meter on the side. It then abruptly came crashing down adding a tremendous amount of force to Casimir buffeting him against the floor once more and exponentially increasing the cracks around him. Casimir without a word but a bloody grunt grabbed onto his chest as Thunderstruck raised his arm. Casimir flipped himself to his stomach and slowly turned himself around to face Thunderstruck. The villain began to laugh as he raised his other arm but he was brought into shock as he suddenly found himself a few feet off the floor. Casimir had rushed forward and grabbed onto Thunderstruck's thighs and lifted him off the floor heaving him with his shoulders.

"Secret Technique 7! Rhinoceros Beetle Powerbomb!" yelled Kabuto at the top of his lungs as he arched Thunderstruck a few more inches before slamming him against the gift shop's counter. A hail of debris exploded from the impact but he wasn't finished yet. He grabbed onto Thunderstruck's foot and overhand threw him towards the exit. The exosuit hit the sealing like a pebble along a lake before unceremoniously collapsing to the floor. Casimir stood there panting holding onto his chest and forcing himself to stop twitching. His head bobbed downwards once but that was all it took for an instantenous lightning bolt to strike him yet again to launch him into the back of the gift shop.

"You fucked with the wrong villain brat. Don't you know bug zappers are thing,'" said Thunderstruck with a finger raised at Casimir as he slowly got up with a much more damaged suit that began to surge an increasing amount of electricity around him.
Last edited by Absolon-7 on Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:20 am

The Republic of Atria wrote:Bael

September 27th

Reinforcement for Renata's position lined up almost immediately after her call for help - Wyatt was the first to respond and declare that he's coming, while also giving the order to avoid any confrontation until help arrives.

"What?" Renata gushed out while peeking over the truck in search of anyone suspicious. "How am I supposed to get them to stop otherwise?" Had the villain showed their face then and there, she wasn't going to hesitate in striking them down - but, fortunately or not, they only leapt into action when the Dra'Quinni arrived to the food court. A brief clash followed, during which Renata moved out of cover, ordered and pushed the few people still in range of the battle to leave as soon as possible, and watched the battle unfold.

In a brief amount of time, she figured out quite a lot about the villain they were fighting. Their fighting style was similar to hers, propelling themselves with explosions and using them for short and long ranged attacks alike. Bael was able to take them rather well, and the villain was clearly resistant to his own attacks - but Renata could not say the same for herself.

What was also concerning was that this villain not only immediately figured out which team they are, but also spoke in a way which implied that they were supposed to know him...

The villain stopping to taunt Bael was a better opening for Renata to jump in than any. She leapt to the air, gathered plasma in her palms and propelled herself forward, flying straight into the unsuspecting opponent.

"Hey-what-watch it!" the villain managed to yell out in the midst of the clash, him and Renata flying across the air while ramming their arms against each other. Both of them began building up their respective explosive attacks, but when it came to pulling the trigger, the girl did so first, blasting her opponent straight in the chest and forcing them to separate. He grunted in frustration and landed rather safely on the top of a candy shop, whereas Renata had to stop with a slide and ended up next to Wyatt.

"You got any clue what this guy's problem is, Bael?" she exclaimed while catching her breath in preparation to strike again.
I have a severe case of addiction to writing. At least 3k words every day is my fix.

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

New Finnish Republic
Minister

Founded: Mar 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby New Finnish Republic » Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:46 pm

Red

Red sat alone at a small booth, slowly chewing on a overly-priced piece of pizza that he had bought from one of the many food vendors that lined the hallways. Amidst the busy chatter that surrounded him, he lazily glanced up at the television screen above him, watching as the various beginning ceremonies took place. He couldn't help but grimace slightly seeing all of the teams that had advanced past the various teams of Young Bloods, the competitive nature within him making it difficult to accept the losses they had sustained. He had known this was going to be how he felt while watching the events, which was why he had chosen to grab something to eat in order to somewhat distract himself instead of sitting and watching with the rest of the team.

Reaching down to his phone, he turned on the screen to see if he had any new notifications to pop up. While there were a handful of alerts over various news events taking place around the world as well as a few snapchats from Casimir that were likely filled with material inappropriate to be opened in a public place, there was something specifically missing that caused his heart to drop slightly. Opening up his messenger application, he made a quick confirmation to see that Yoshiro had still not replied to the messages he had sent over the last few days.

Slouching over the booth and burying his head between his arms, Red let out a small frustrated groan as it was made clear Yoshiro was still not wanting to talk to him since what had occurred only a few days prior. He supposed he didn't blame her, given what had all occurred, but the fact that they weren't even able to talk about it made Red's conscious feel even heavier. What the hell am I even supposed to do? Red thought to himself bemoaningly, shaking his head slightly before placing his phone back into his pocket.

Hearing the national anthem begin to play on the loudspeakers above, Red got up from his booth, placing a hand on his chest as he placed his gaze in the direction of the nearest flag. Things went as they usually did during the performance, with the roar of the crowds being silenced as everyone at least pretended to be in attention while the instrumental chorus began to pick up in intensity. It was the same thing almost every American went through dozens if not hundreds of times in their lives, which caused many to pause in uncertainty when the lights suddenly went off and the loudspeakers ceased playing the anthem.

Before anyone could react, however, an explosion suddenly rocked amidst the food court area of the arena, close enough to where Red was to send him and the others standing near him to get knocked off their feet with the concussive blast that followed the massive fireball. Screams rang out all around as the crowd expectantly went into a panic, but their cries were soon drowned out by the sound of a booming voice that rang out across the stadium with the help of the loudspeakers.

"You thought yourselves safe in this den of hubris. But nowhere is beyond our reach.”

Gritting his teeth, Red got up from where he had been tossed onto the ground, broken shards of glass and other debris littering the area as those still left standing were already rushing past him in a frantic escape towards the exits. Glancing about, Red immediately sprang into action, adrenaline already propelling his body forward as he rushed over towards several of the bystanders who had been knocked down by the explosion were laying down still stunned.

A terrorist attack, Red thought to himself as he began checking on a middle-aged man who possessed several small scrapes across his face from the shattered glass but otherwise seemed okay as his eyes fluttered open while gaining consciousness. Moving on to the next closest injured individual, Red's eyes narrowed. No, this is more than a simple terrorist attack. Red was well aware how terrorist groups behaved, and while there were certainly a similarities between this manner of attack, the message delivered immediately after it made it clear that this was much more serious.

"Young Bloods, report in, I want a status report from everyone."

Roy's voice filled Red's earpiece, just as the sound of familiar rumble through the air also made itself known. Glancing over to the source of the noise, Red recognized Renata bursting onto the scene, immediately assisting in the evacuation of the panicked civilians within. Red's gaze caught hers, giving her a small nod before he likewise reported in.

"Mask here. I got caught up in the blast but I'm alright. What the hell just happened, and where the hell did those assholes go?!"

Almost immediately his question was answered, as Casimir's voice filled his earpiece informing him of the location of one of the villains. Red swore as he knew Casimir's predictions were almost undoubtedly true, meaning that someone needed to stop her before even more blood was shed today. Glancing around the wrecked carnage around him, Red spotted a sign above which pointed towards the gift shop in question. It was close enough for him to make it in time, but given that the only resemblance of his hero outfit that he had was the mask place across his face, he knew he wouldn't be able to do much without help.

"I'm on my way to intercept Scarlet Sword, but I'm not going to be able to hold her off for long!"

Rushing forwards, he began sprinting as fast as his legs could take him towards the gift shop, only momentarily pausing as he saw a familiar green blur fly past him in the direction of the food court. The sound of further explosions behind him made it clear that he and Renata had already been caught up in yet another fight, which meant for now Red was on his own.

Rushing up a flight of stairs and weaving his way through the crowd of spectators fleeing down in, Red spotted the hallway in question that led towards the tournament administrators quarters. As he did, he soon realized the door leading into the section of the building had already been cut in half, filling Red with a sense of dread as he realized he might have already been too late.

As he rushed through the door, a small glimmer of metal out of the corner of his eyes made him instinctively ducked under, seemingly just in time as the sharp edge of a sword cut through the air only centimeters above his face. Before he could react further, however, he suddenly felt a sharp kick explode into his right torso, sending him flying through the air and crashing into a bookshelf. All of the air in his lungs left him as he let out a pained groan, his eyes fluttering open just in time to see the tip of the blade once more barreling towards him. Relying on sheer adrenaline to propel him into action, he barely dodged the thrust from the sword which soon embedded itself into the stack of book behind him.

Reaching forward with his right leg, he felt the back heel of whomever his attacker was, hooking it with the top of his foot and pulling forwards in an effort to sweep the leg out from the assailant. It only partially worked, as the movement caused his attacker to momentarily halt their attack as they readjusted their footing so as to not trip forwards.

Using the split second of the distraction he had managed to pull off, Red rolled backwards as far as he could before hopping back onto his feet, only to stand face to face with the villain known as Scarlet Sword. Standing tall in a blood-red dress that contrasted sharply with her blonde hair, the villain looked at the young hero with a smug expression.

"Impressive footwork, darling. Now if only you were a dancing performer and not a supposed hero, you might actually have a reasonable use for your talents," the woman said in a mocking tone as she pulled her embedded sword from the bookshelf, flicking off a large leather book that had been impaled on the blade with seemingly no effort.

Glaring at the woman with a furrowed gaze, Red wasted no time in adjusting his posture to be ready to spring into action. "Trust me, darling, it's not the only trick I know," Red replied with, mockingly emphasizing the term the woman had used on him previously. The seemingly brazen response seemed to amuse the woman, who gave him a charming smile that was anything but benevolent.

"I suppose we'll just have to see for ourselves," she replied, before suddenly thrusting forward with her sword.
Last edited by New Finnish Republic on Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Known mostly as Finn, but also known as a few other things I can't put in a signature by those who know me.

American who got left too long in the sauna.

Proud to spread Spurdo Nationalism from sea to shining sea.

Tomia
Post Marshal

New York Times Democracy

Postby Tomia » Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:46 pm

Nightshade and Rocket
"Wow, this is a lot more electricity than he had last time." Rocket said as him and Nightshade ran towards Thunderstruck to help out Casimir. The villain was now coursing with electric energy. "We have to shut him down before something really bad happens." Roy said, readying his staff as he charged forward. As he passed through a nearby light he suddenly disappeared into the darkness. He suddenly reappeared right above Thunderstruck, and slammed his fist into the villains' helmet. He got the hit it, but an energy surge caught Roy on his way down and sent him flying.

"Nightshade!" Rocket shouted as his boosters went at full speed towards Thunderstruck.

"You kids are really pissing me off! I'll show you the price for messing with me!" He shouted, throwing his hands out towards Rocket as a massive blast of electricity flew towards the tech hero. Mars managed to raise Rocket's shields just in time, but the electricity was causing havoc to its internal systems. His energy capacity was well over %500 percent at this point and if that didn't change soon his system would likely crash.

That's when Mars had an idea, and started transferring as much energy as he could to his arm cannon. As Rocket pulsed with an alarming amount of energy, his right arm transformed into the cannon and fired a near blinding stream of energy at Thunderstruck. The villain recoiled at the attack, creating a wall of electricity to block it as he rolled out of the way. At this point his suit seemed even less stable, as the violent sparks became more and more frequent.

"Rocket go find Kabuto, we're going to need all three of us to finish this guy. I'll hold him off."

Mars wanted to protest, but a look at Roy convinced him that it wasn't the time. Instead he ran towards the gift shop where they had last seen Casimir. Walking inside the kiosk like booth he found his teammate in the back, offering a hand to help him up. "Hey Kabuto are you okay?"

Absolon-7
Diplomat

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Absolon-7 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:23 pm

Tomia wrote:Nightshade and Rocket

Casimir and Viviana September 27th
Viviana was left in Casimir's dust as her boyfriend ran off to go fight the villain by himself and leaving the others to come up with a plan. She gulped down the last of her funnel cake as Roy and Mars began running off to back up Casimir without coming up with a plan. There was a chance he didn't mean that he wanted the plan but whatever the punchline was it fell flat for her. Between the crescendo of screams in the stadium and the sounds of battle Viviana hesitated to take a first step. The sounds of the crowd were quickly beginning to fade and the thought to go back into the VIP booth crossed her mind but she shook her head at the cowardly thought. She didn't need to think right now as she needed to act instead. She ran off to the front of the gift shop to see the three boys in dire straights against Thunderstruck or rather just two of them.

"Where's Casi," softly spoke Viviana as her eyes searched the area. She saw Mars fire a giant cannon blast that was blocked by Thunderstruck's electric wall before going inside the building and she couldn't just leave Roy by himself! "Hey you big bully! How bout picking on someone smaller then you!"

"Oh, looks like the cavalry arrived. And its just some girl to bail out the boys," scoffed Thunderstruck as he turned his back to the gift shop.

Without another word he waved his arms up to direct an arch of lightning to hit Viviana dead on in the head. The cascading energy flared in brilliance as it shocked the girl whole. Instead of a fried teenager there stood a blinking brunette as her hair puffed up slightly in a perm. She slowly reached up to give her hair a feel staring blankly at the ground.

"What?...what!," shouted Thunderstruck stamping his foot on the ground. He reared back his arm and in a punching motion sent another bolt right at her face, "Take this!"

Viviana was squinted and took the bolt as it knocked her off her feet and she splayed on the ground a few feet back. However rather than any adverse reaction she just stood back up and rubbed her face. Thunderstruck stood there awestruck with his power armor's fingers twitching. He yelled with rage before charging forward horn first at Viviana. The brunette coiled up her knees inside her jeans slightly and bounced upwards to avoid the attack. She landed on her feet only to see Thunderstruck charging right back she meant to jump up but the villain raised his mechanical fist and smashed it across Viviana's head. She landed on the ground with a thud and a streak of hot blood flowed down her forehead as apparently the jagged edge of the metal fist had cut her.

Meanwhile the battle outside the gift shop continued, as he was fallen against the ground with ruined tournament memorabilia strewn about everywhere either whole or in charred clumps, Casimir's muscles felt like they were burning in rebellion against him as he struggled to get up. His helmet hid his wincing face and bared teeth as he finally forced himself to sit up. The familiar sounds of machinery made him alert of Thunderstruck coming back to finish him off but as his eyes focused it was just Mars. He stared at the outstretched hand for perhaps a bit too long before taking it to get up on his feet.

"Can't say I am since I'm cursed to always get shocked since the team formed but hey gotta be a tough bug to face the head honcho of bug zappers and live," joked Casimir as he turned to the shop's entrance. His right fist was clenched tightly as he brought it to hit the cupped palm of his left hand, "Now let's bust his shit."
Last edited by Absolon-7 on Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 27, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Templar High Council » Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:04 pm

Tomia wrote:September 27th, NASL Semi Finals, New York City

Zoe Foster - Impulse
NASL Arena, New York
September 27th

Zoe was in the VIP lounge when everything began to fall apart. The rest of the Bluejays assured her they were going to come out on top as she was sent upstairs to watch, but the air in the stadium shifted drastically at the arrival of the mysterious villain and her cohorts. Zoe watched as everyone around her started to move, whether it was a hero who had contacted their teammates or a civilian clearly starting to panic, and realized that this was what she had been actually training for. She felt surprisingly in control as other people in the room started to communicate what they knew from their contacts elsewhere in the building, taking note of at least one villain that had been spotted in the relativity nearby food court. Without a moment to waste, Zoe darted out of the room and started to scan the signs overhead for the fastest route there, before she ran through the crowded halls towards the food court.

She arrived on the scene as the last of the civilians rushed away from the food court, taking in the situation quickly. Two younger heroes crouched behind cover while someone who looked much more Killswitch-y stood on top of a food cart. Zoe reached out with both her hands and grabbed hold of two nearby chairs with her powers, flinging them at the man on the stand. One of the chairs hit Killswitch from behind and caused him to tumble down from his perch, but the merc deftly recovered to face the latest arrival.

"Another one of you kids? You've gotta realize you're out of your league!?" Killswitch flicked his hand forward as he fired off an explosion right in front of Zoe that sent her reeling back. She managed to catch herself in time to avoid a serious fall, but the blast was definitely unexpected out of nowhere like that.

Zoe stood back up and dropped low into a fighting stance, at the same time she increased her own inertia to allow her to tank more of the blasts without getting flung around. "I'd say I'm right where I belong, treat me like a kid again and you'll be sorry!" She stomped her foot and thrust forward with one hand, as a table hurtled from its resting place towards the villain. Killswitch easily dodged the flying furniture, but that didn't stop Zoe from turning more of the dining room into her own projectiles to keep him on his toes. She hoped to cause a distraction and make an opening for the others to jump in, but she realized after the third chair that she didn't say anything to either of them... Here's hoping they got the message.
Last edited by The Templar High Council on Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
They call me Temp. If I take too long to respond, just TG me. Or TG me whenever, I'm online 90% of the time.
Anime God of P2TM, Last of Lithianity, Bro to All, & P2TM's Villain in Glasses. Kacheen!
2014 P2TM Lifetime Achievement Award Winner. During my first year on NS. Go figure.
And 2015 Most Involved in P2TM? On a roll now!
----->Founder of The Council of the Multiverse community.<-----

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:19 pm

New Finnish Republic wrote:Red

Jason was hanging out with his new-ish friends: Mark and Ava. Chatting about random nonsense, but the conversations always seemed to slip back into how AWESOME they were when they were fighting the Braves. At first he genuinely felt like there was no way that they could possibly work as a team. In fact it seemed that the Braves also thought that they were incapable of legitimate teamwork. But by some miracle the desire to hog the glory was pushed aside by a bunch of teenagers in the combined effort to prove to the entire word that they could work together and win! Despite his loose suspicion of Shi he found himself believing that he might've been wrong about her. She did manage to wrangle a team with had all of an hour's worth of practice together quite nicely.

Even if he was certain that it was to spite the world rather than prove something, but the end result was the same regardless. He noted Mark seemed a little down for some reason. "Hey muscles. You doin' alright? Did you pay ten times the normal worth of a hotdog that made you spend half an hour in the bathroom? Completely understandable. People get so encapsulated by the burly men and hot ladies shooting colorful lights and beating the absolute dog tar out of each other to notice the food is crap and overpriced. Like diamonds and candles."

Before he could continue his talking about random nonsense, the stadium shook a bit, alarms started going off and a voice came over the intercom. Mocking everyone for thinking they were safe because they had a stadium filled to the brim with superheroes and that this was to prove that they weren't. He was about to start yelling into the communicator, but several people had beat him to it. Renata at the food court, but Bael mentioned that he was already on his way, but Red was yelling that he needed backup for dealing with Scarlet Sword. He remembered reading about her. Magic sword, controlled the blood of anyone she cut with it or something along those lines. Sword was really sharp and could cut threw damn near anything. Not that he would give her the chance.

He ducked under the seats, covering his body in the inky black ooze. "On my way Mask. Do your best to not get eviscerated in the next minute." He replied in his usual darkly humorous way. "Hey guys. Violence is required in that direction. Gotta go, bye!" He shot a few tendrils and flinging himself through the stadium with utmost ease towards Red's location.

He arrived to see the pair fighting and with Red on the losing side, with his ally about to be impaled, Jason shot a tendril that latched onto Scarlet's sword holding wrist. "YOINK!" He mused and he ripped her out of range of Red. She hit the ground but rolled and was back on her feet a good few meters away. "Man. Is it just me or are supervillains nowadays just... Lame? Do they-" He was interrupted by the woman bolting and swinging her sword at him with the utmost speed and precision.

But he simply jumped onto a wall, a good ten feet above her head. "Excuse me, I am not done insulting you. You may attempt to stab me after, but until then!" He finished by putting his finger to his lips to shush her. "Anyways. You're some C-list nobody. And you're attacking the NASL Stadium? There're easier ways to get daddy to notice you." He said and dropped down. "You may now attempt the stabbing and/or slicing and dicing of my body."

"It will take more than words to stop what is coming, child." She replied. Slicing her blade at the tar covered hero to little avail. The slash at his throat missed and he flipped backwards, landing on his side in a suggestive pose, going as far to prop up his leg for the full effect. "What are you doing?"

"Honestly? Fucking with you. You're a blowhard with an admittedly cool sword. But uh... Yeah. You're not gonna hit me with it. The idea here is that you're gonna be beaten so bad, you're never going to want to touch that sword again, because if you do, the images of the thorough and merciless ass beating you are about to receive will come flooding back and you'll lock yourself in the bathroom while chugging a gallon of chocolate ice cream and crying." He chuckled. "I know, I know. Big words. Lemme show you what I mean." He jumped back to his feet and she readied her blade. he started walking towards her.

The walk was just that, a normal, casual walk as if he was going through his house for some water. She took a few steps back, trying to predict what he was going to do. She had already gone over several scenarios in her head. If he charged, go for the leg, if he jumped over her, the abdomen. He couldn't shift his direction mid-air. If he shot another tendril, cut it and separate it from him, but he did none of that. Simply walking closer and closer with no apparent attack planned.

She swung diagonally at his shoulder, as the blade sliced through the air, she watched as he stepped back to avoid the swing with levels of precision that couldn't have been possible for a teenager. Before she could bring the sword back for another swing, he was in front of her with his hand forcefully holding it down removing her ability to use the sword.

The next thing she knew, she was staggering back, hand clutching the searing pain on the side of her cheek. The Young Blood slapped her. Hard. She spat and out went a bloody tooth and saliva.

"I'm going to make Pavlov roll and cry in his grave. From this point, every missed swing will result in a harder slap. Same spot. Or you can just throw your sword to me and give up now while you still have all your teeth inside your skull." He smirked, the near featureless face confident. "I'm like rehab for C-list supervillains."

"It's going to take more than that to beat me."

"Awesome possum!"
Last edited by The Republic of Atria on Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tomia
Post Marshal

New York Times Democracy

Postby Tomia » Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:05 pm

Thunderstruck Fight
Absolon-7 wrote:"Can't say I am since I'm cursed to always get shocked since the team formed but hey gotta be a tough bug to face the head honcho of bug zappers and live," joked Casimir as he turned to the shop's entrance. His right fist was clenched tightly as he brought it to hit the cupped palm of his left hand, "Now let's bust his shit."

"Ya come on, Roy needs our help." Mars said unaware that Viv had joined the fight as well. He said, pulling his friend to his feet. The metalic clanking behind him signaled that Thunderstruck was moving towards them. He turned to see that was in fact true. Roy had ran to check on the injured Viv, which left Casimir and Mars to deal with the electric foe. Come on think Mars! There has to be a way to beat him! Just then, a thought popped into his head. If he rewired his cannon he could produce an EMP that would turn Thunderstruck into a tin can.

"Kabuto, I think I can disable his suit safely! I just need you to buy me some time and keep him away from me!"

Meanwhile on the playing field
Dark Star had reappeared, and she was working her way through the heroes who were supposed to have taken part in the match against each other. One of Zookeeper's mechs had been torn apart, and Eden lay on conscious on the ground. She just finished fighting Goliath, who while still conscious, looked worse for the wear. Meanwhile the mysterious man in plain clothes who had appeared with the other villains was standing over the unconscious body of a local New York hero. Fire was now sparking from his finger tips as it hadn't before.

Absolon-7
Diplomat

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Absolon-7 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:55 am

Tomia wrote:Roughly 70% of the Universe is made of dark energy

Casimir nodded at Mars but metal clanking from behind them mean their foe was just about to attack the duo. The techie said he could stop the suit itself which seemed a bit boring to Casimir. He'd much rather rip the thing open like a can and rip out Thunderstruck himself. Well there was the electricity he'd have to worry about. He'd have to keep moving and attack, moving and attack, never ceasing the cycling. That lightning was fast. As much as he'd hate to admit he didn't think he could dodge it even with his fly dodging power. If he was still for anything less then a moment he'd just get shocked again.

"If you think it'll work go ahead. But since I got the hang of him now I think we'll be just fine," said Casimir rotating his shoulders as her went to go meet Thunderstruck. The mechanical menace was several meters away as elecrity starting building around his fists.

"Oh look, Bug Boy is still kicking. At least you're putting up a fight. That Justice Queens pet project seems to have run off with his tail between his legs-" said Thunderstruck before he was cut off.

Casimir had lunged at the villain's face with a fierce left hook smashing into his helmet's left cheek. He did not relent and proceeded to unleash a swarm of punches all over Thunderstruck torso leaving deep fist shaped craters everywhere. He then ducked under and rolled beneath Thunderstruck's legs to deliver a spinning kick to the back of his neck like a guillotine. The villain crashed against the floor barely bracing himself and he then used an electric blast to flip himself to his feet.

He immediately lunged forward and smashed his fist against Casimir but he had raised his forearms as a shield in time. Casimir leaned back from the colossal impact but his footing held firm. Thunderstruck sent another punch but Casimir guided it away with his wrist and this led to Thunderstruck knocking Casimir several feet back with his other fist. Thunderstruck blasted twin bolts of lightning from his feet and shot himself forward to punch Casimir but the bug hero swayed to the side a bit and hooked Thunderstruck's arm in between his torso and elbow. Casimir twisted his torso to the side and downwards forcefully compelling Thunderstruck to his knees. With his prey trapped Casimir unleashed a walloping of dozens and dozens of downward strikes at the villain pulverizing the face plate to a crumpled mess.

He had failed to realize however that the villain had much longer reach then him and by now he had grasped onto the hero Kabuto's neck. Thunderstruck raised Casimir into the air and clobbered the smaller foe into the ground. He didn't relent and kicked Casimir into one of the store's shelves knocking it and the two next to it over. Casimir gritted his teeth and forced himself to get up and clumsily so from being on top of merchandise. With his back turned to Thunderstruck her flicked out both wrists at the small shelf's edges and begun spinning into a blur in place. He then let go of the webbing and launched the shelf at the incoming Thunderstruck. The villain smacked the metal structure away but he was immediately beset with another shelf launched at him and this time striking him dead on. It didn't do anything to him but it gave Casimir the chance to jump once again like a missile at Thunderstruck.

A hailstorm of blows befell Thunderstruck that he was utterly helpless to defend against. His internal diagnostics were sending warning after warning about structural integrates being breached and signals unable to be sent in some paces. The villains closed his eyes and desperately tried to concentrate all his electricity inward. As the gathering storm was created he then sent it off as a pulse right at his chest level where the brat was assaulting him. He expected a deep fried Kabuto but instead he suddenly felt a large weight on his head. Casimir had leaped upwards when Thunderstruck was unresponsive and concentrating to perch himself on the villain's horn with one hand. Casimir jumped backwards leaving webbing on the horned helm which he then pulled mightily to the floor like a falling statue. With a thunderous battle cry Casimir then pulled the webbing upwards and began spinning and spinning Thunderstruck around in the air before letting the villain go into the air. The enclosed space of the shop meant that Thunderstruck hit the ceiling immediately and fell to the floor like a peeled off scrap of tape.

Casimir limped towards the fallen foe and pointed down at him, "Let it be known foul ne'er-do-well! That the great Kabuto bested you right here in your group's debut. A lice like you had no chance against me! No worse then a flea! A water flea! Yes, if you're a water flea then I the immortal Kabuto am the universe itself!"

"You're fucking nuts, kid," painfully coughed Thunderstruck getting up as his barely functioning power armor wheezed in the bare minimum operation.

"No, I. Am. Kabuto!," shouted Casimir with all his fury before suddenly doubling over in a violent coughing fit. He could taste the familiar iron of blood filling his mouth and streaming down his nose. He brought his hands up to take a better look and the knuckles were all bruised and over from punching the steel. The electricity infused punches had burned away the fabric from his sleeves entirely and had left both forearms red and raw. Come to think of it he could barely feel his arms and instead more like a widespread numbness. He spotted growing surges of electricity start to circle around Thunderstruck which prompted him to somersault right next to Mars. The villain feebly tried to get up but fell to one knee instead. Casimir wheezed slowly before proudly puffing his chest and turning to Mars, "I don't suppose you won't mind doing the coup de grâce to lock him in there?"
Last edited by Absolon-7 on Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:00 pm, edited 5 times in total.

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:51 pm

Finland SSR wrote:Renata

The Templar High Council wrote:Zoe

The opening he created let Renata burst into action. She even managed to get a pretty good shot at his chest with her plasma or lasers or whatever it was. He got ready to jump back into action when the new girl appeared and started telekinetically throwing the various chairs and tables at him. "No idea. He and a few others attacked. Scarlet Sword, Thunderstruck and a mystery man. Sludge and Mask are handling the latter. Kabuto, Rocket, and a couple others are handling Thunder. My guess is attention, but other than, I got nothing." He explained as quick as he could. "Let's just take this guy out and try to get some answers out of him."

After waiting for Killswitch to dodge another table, Bael jumped in an attempted to tackle him mid air, but the supervillain detonated an explosion between them. Blasting himself to safety and halting Bael's momentum. "Too slow little hero!" He taunted at the notably larger Dra'Qunni. "Three against one? Makes sense, since you're all about a third of a real hero!" Another explosion detonated beneath him and he flung himself well away from the heroes, landed gracefully as one could and bolted. Bael gave chase after the man. Killswitch ducked into a nearby hallway that led towards the center of the stadium and slammed the door behind him.

The door did little to stop Bael as he simply broke through the door as if it were cardboard and saw the assassin standing at the end quite casually.

"Aren't heroes supposed to try and prevent property damage?" Asked the supervillain. "What're you even going to do if you catch me? That's the thing about heroes: they're not willing to do what it takes to win. You could've beaten me as soon as the fight started, but you were concerned for my well being! Shame I don't feel the same about you."

Bael clenched his fists a bit and took a deep breath. "He's just trying to get to you. Ignore him." He reassured himself and charged down the hallway.

"That's another thing about heroes: No forethought." He pushed his thumb down onto his fist like he was pushing the detonator to a bomb. Right as he did so, explosions erupted from the hallway. The ceiling, floors and walls exploded with violent force.

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:19 am

The Templar High Council wrote:Zoe Foster - Impulse
NASL Arena, New York
September 27th

The Republic of Atria wrote:Wyatt

September 27th

No members of Renata's squad besides Wyatt showed up - instead of them, however, they received reinforcement in the form of a ginger-haired heroine who began chucking chairs and tables at Killswitch with telepathic powers. The brief ranged skirmish was definitely not enough to take the villain down, but it kept him distracted long enough for Bael to take advantage and charge at him. It didn't work - Killswitch released an explosion and blasted the Dra'Quinni away, but it did start putting the villain into a corner.

Even facing off against three heroes at once, he maintained his bravado, stating that it's not even unfair when none of them are a full hero in their own right. Yeah, and you're a third of a villain, then... Thank god Casimir wasn't here - Renata was convinced that, if those two egos somehow managed to collide, it would create a black hole engulfing most of the Universe. As soon as Killswitch propelled himself away from the food court and sent himself back to the stadium, Wyatt flew after him - Renata, on the other hand, turned towards the new arrival.

She couldn't spend much time chatting or introducing herself, so instead she briefly flashed her hand and said:

"Heya, thanks for the help! I'm Stella, by the way, and we're the Young Bloods, if you... uh, happen to not recognize us."

Of course this girl knows who they are. If she happened to be in this stadium, she was either a member of one of the teams or a member of the audience, so of course she'd recognize who the Young Bloods were. No need to dwell on that any further. Renata leapt to the air and propelled herself with bursts of plasma, leaping through the stadium complex and quickly catching up with Wyatt and Killswitch in the middle of their standoff. Right as she slowed down to descend to the ground and join the fray, the hallway was lit ablaze.

"Bael!" Renata yelled and acted on instinct. She grabbed the Dra'Quinni's tail and released a massive burst of plasma from her feet, ejecting the two of them out of the reach of the explosions. The girl rolled and tumbled across the ground for a good dozen meters before she finally came to a full stop.

Her eyes stared at the fireball which now engulfed the corridor in the aftermath of the explosion.

"That's a lot of heat.."

Even if Renata wasted a lot of energy getting here and pulling Wyatt out of danger, all of her reserves rejuvenated themselves in the span of seconds. She turned to Bael.

"He's not... immune to bombs, right? 'Cause it didn't look like he'd have been able to get out of there in time."

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

Tomia
Post Marshal

New York Times Democracy

Postby Tomia » Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:22 pm

Absolon-7 wrote:Casimir am I right?

While Casimir was trading blows with the super villain, Mars was frantically working on rewiring Rocket's cannon. It was tricky work and in the end it would likely disable Rocket along with Thunderstruck, but Mars had to do something to make sure no one else was hurt. When Casimir called out to him Mars had just finished and his cannon roared to life with a powerful and seemingly unstable sound. "Right! Her goes nothing!" Mars shouted as held up his right hand, sending a blast of energy into the air. The nearby lights all went out Immediately, leaving them in the darkness of the night sky. Rocket's battery went dead, and Mars had to pull the emergency exit level he installed to get out. Meanwhile Thunderstruck had been disabled, his suit no longer surging, but rather just sitting on the ground lifelessly.

"Everyone okay?" It was Roy, walking together with Viv towards Mars and Casi. "Well, that's one down, but I think our comms are fried. You three should stay here, take care of each other. I'm going to figure out how everyone else is doing." Without waiting around to hear any debate he ran off back towards the field itself.

He saw Dark Star still on the stage, no one currently challenging her as the plain clothed stranger was currently battling another group of local heroes, but now he not only seemed to have fire powers, but super speed, and flight as well.

New Finnish Republic
Minister

Founded: Mar 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby New Finnish Republic » Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:31 pm

Red

As the blade neared his torso, Red swore out loud as he tried to turn his torso around in order to avoid the oncoming thrust. Time seemed to slow to a crawl for him, as he watched as the tip of the sword follow his movements. He understood that it was the end of the line for him here, as even if he didn't end up immediately bleeding out on the floor below, he'd immediately fall under the control of his assailant. If he had actually been prepared, the situation would have been drastically changed, but given that he didn't even possess anything remotely close to a weapon or means of protection the outcome had already been decided the moment he had chosen to go against a skilled weapons master like her. Instinctively his expression turned into a grimace as he closed his eyes, waiting for the sharp pain of the attack to fill him at any moment.

"YOINK!"

Red's eyes snapped open as the sound of a familiar voice filled his ears, just in time to see Scarlet Sword suddenly get catapulted across the room. His eyes went wide in disbelief as none other than Jason had appeared, the black oozing tentacles that surrounded him already doing quick work to the villainess as he seemingly effortlessly avoided the oncoming strikes. As he stood there momentarily stunned, Red couldn't help but admire the quick movements and reactions the relative newcomer to the team had. While it was no doubt the work of whatever concerning powers he possessed, Red knew that his opponent was far from a novice in the use of her blade.

Quite frankly, it was nearly embarrassing for Red to watch as Jason nimbly avoided the oncoming thrusts and slashes that were only halted when suddenly a loud crack could be heard, followed by a look of shock from the woman's face as a red hand print remained imprinted on the side of her face. Red had to admit, even he didn't see this coming, and for a brief moment of time the two were locked together as Jason held firm on his grasp that kept the woman from using her sword.

"You insolent cur," the woman nearly spat at Jason as she reached back with a fist in preparation to strike at Jason. "I am the world's deadliest assassin, and you shall-"

Whatever was to come next was unknown, as before she could finish a loud sickening crunch could be heard as Red delivered a devastating right cross to the side of her face with so much power that even the likes of Sugar Ray Robinson wince. The villainess didn't even have a chance to let out a yell of surprise, instead only managing to let out a gargled groan as her entire body went limp as she was sent sprawling down onto the floor below. Standing there with his right arm still extended, Red breathed heavily as he shifted his gaze over to Jason, who was no doubt taken aback by the sudden and merciless blow that Red had delivered to the woman.

"I really hate it when villains just never shut up," he said in between breaths before finally lowering his arm and relaxing his stance. Glancing down at the now unconscious woman below him, Red winced slightly as he shook his hand in the air, a painful sting filling both his hand and forearm as a result of the powerful blow. Once the pain had subsided, Red's attention shifted over to the sword that belonged to the villainess a few moments prior. Red's eyebrows immediately furrowed in concern as he pointed towards the object in Jason's hand.

"Be careful with that thing. God knows what kind of shit you'll get with playing with toys that aren't yours," he warned his teammate before turning his attention back the sprawled out assassin below him. Given that he was dressed in civilian attire, Red didn't possess any sort of restraining devices that he normally carried with him as part of his gear. While he was certain that Scarlet Sword wasn't going to be getting up any time soon, Red had learned his lessons when it came to leaving seemingly defeated villains alone.

"Keep an eye on her while I go check on the civilians here. It didn't seem like she had made it very far in here before I ran into her. With any luck they're still alive," Red told Jason as he began to head towards the door that lead further into the administrators' quarters. However before he completely left the room, he briefly paused to look back at Jason. "Also, if she even twitches, make sure she gets a second dose of what we just gave her. And for Christ's sake, keep her away from that sword."

Exiting the room, Red made his way into the small winding corridors before eventually finding what appeared to be a locked door. After a brief inspection, the sounds of whimpering could be heard inside, making it clear to Red that he had found what he was looking for. He momentarily considered simply kicking the door in, but he knew that this would only cause the terrified men and women inside to further fall into a panic. So after quickly clearing his throat, Red called out in a loud voice so that the sound would travel through the door to the other side.

"Calm down, she's dealt with. It's the Young Bloods, and we're here to save you."

After a few seconds of audible panicked whispers, a trembling voice replied to him.

"How can we trust that you're not one of her henchmen or fellow villains trying to trick us into opening the door?"

Hearing this, Red let out an irritated scoff, swearing under his breath in frustration. "I swear to God these people..." he muttered under his breath before collecting himself. "Do you really think I wouldn't have just kicked in the door already and killed your dumb asses if that had been the case? Now open the door already or else I'm going to sic my other buddy over here, and trust me when I say this: I'm a lot nicer than he is."

A few more tense seconds went on before finally the sound of a lock moving could be heard, followed by the door being opened and revealing a small collection of older men and women dressed in fanciful attire within the cramped room they had been sheltering in. More than a few of them seemed to have a look of fear in their eyes as they seemed to be waiting for their earlier fears to be proven true, but these were soon brushed aside as they recognized Red as none other than one of the members of the Young Bloods. However, it was clear that while they seemed grateful for being rescued, Red could tell that they had wished their rescuer had been anyone else from the team. Red paid no heed to their obvious discontent, however, as he hurriedly escorted them towards a fire exit located at the end of the hallway and had them evacuate outside to safety.

Once the civilians were taken care of, Red made his way back to where Jason and the still unconscious Scarlet Sword were. Red glanced about at the now destroyed room they had battled in, shaking his head slightly as he could already imagine the property damage that had been sustained and would be likely blamed on him and Jason. Oh well, I guess that's what donors are for, Red thought to himself before getting onto his headset to get in contact with the others and inform them of what happened.

"Mask here, Scarlet Sword's been dealt with and the civilians rescued. What's the situation now with the other villains?"

As he waited for a response, Red glanced over towards Jason, a somewhat complexed expression on his face as he recounted what he had seen him do to their opponent.

"You know, you really make me seem like less of an asshole when you're around. Which is something, to say the least." Pausing for a moment, he continued. "I mean that in the best way, of course."
Last edited by New Finnish Republic on Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Known mostly as Finn, but also known as a few other things I can't put in a signature by those who know me.

American who got left too long in the sauna.

Proud to spread Spurdo Nationalism from sea to shining sea.

United Kingdom of Poland
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 08, 2012
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby United Kingdom of Poland » Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:37 pm

Wendy groaned as her senses came back to her. One second she had been in line at the concession stand, getting food for her and Roy. The next she was waking up amidst rubble and carnage, smoke and dust choking her lungs. Struggling to her feet, she looked around at the destruction. BOMB! The thought immediately raced through her head. Probably remote detonated, not that I would have noticed anything with the thousands of radio and cell phone signals clogging the air.

Another distant rumble shook the concession area, and roughly 50 feet in front of her a signal emanated from a backpack laying next to a pillar. Of course it can never be just one. Stumbling over to it, she gingerly opened the backpack she found a mess of wires taped to a block of C4.

“Hey,” A cop called out as he ran over to her. “You’re going to get us all killed!”

“No, I’m saving your life.” She called back as her eyes started to glow. Inside the backpack the lights on remote detonator blinked a few times before the dying off. “Should be safe as long as no one moves it.” Wendy said, reaching for her communicator. “Wendy to team, what’s happening out there?”

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:19 am

Tomia wrote:Dark Star

September 27th

Snap!

"HAAAAAAALT!" a thunderous voice suddenly roared across the entire stadium.

Suddenly, the greatest heroes of the planet began to assemble. Out of the bleaches, out from the lounges, out of the sky and rising from the ground. Hundreds of the planet's greatest defenders, each one in their trademark costume and displaying their powers in preparation for battle, gathering before the stage, their eyebrows furrowed, muscles tensed and stares determined. They were not just members of the North American Super League, either. The members of the United Champions were there, and so were every single member of the Confederation of Heroes. The most famous faces of the Vigilante Crusade, restored to their prime, stood within their ranks, and so did the heroes of the Second World War, be it Captain Steel of the United Kingdom, Karl Malthen of the German resistance, or Crystal Comrade of the Soviet Union. This band soon turned into a massive army, staring down upon the dark heroine and the stage she stood upon.

It was a sight worthy of a photoshoot, though anyone who tried to make a photo of it would see themselves disappointed. From within the ranks of battle-ready heroes, Liberty stood forward - not the android which now carried her name, but rather the famous her of Normandy whom one may only witness in textbooks. It was his voice which rolled across the entire stadium before, and he continued to speak:

"You think you no-do-gooders can just waltz in and ruin this event for everyone?! I believe you haven't yet gotten drilled one thing into that skull of yours - you mess with one of us, you mess with ALL of us!"

The hero waved his hands, the hundreds upon hundreds of heroes behind him all collectively releasing a powerful hurrah.

"I'm giving you ONE warning. Step back into that little portal of yours, and never come back - or else!"

As if to display what will happen to her, Liberty clenched his fist, glaring at Dark Star with a wide smirk on his face.

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

Absolon-7
Diplomat

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Absolon-7 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:08 am

Tomia wrote:A Challenger Appears!

Breathing heavily Casimir watched as Mars made short work of Thunderstruck with an impressive EMP cannon blast. The power armor now sat like dead statue locking Thunderstruck inside with not even a peep from the man. The smell of burnt materials and ozone was now stronger then ever in the room after the furious struggle with Thunderstruck. Destruction laid all around the two boys as if a hurricane had it but the sudden darkness of the room shrouded it like paint. Only streaks of light from outside broke up the black mass and the three figures that stood there. Suddenly Roy called out to them with a much shorter figure following right behind him cradling their head.

"Viv!" breathed out Casimir reaching out his arms. The brunette swiftly clung to him and he engrossed himself with her presence he almost missed Roy's instructions, "Wait I can check where they are with my swarm.."

By the time he finished his sentence Roy was already long gone which made Casimir angrily scoff. Things sure were looking bad for the team as some key members like Angelica and Alexis were back in San Diego and everyone else was scattered to the winds in the stadium. He moved away from Viviana while grabbing onto her shoulders and the girl managed to step back into a beam of light that illuminated the long cut on from the middle of the forehead to her temple where Thunderstruck's knuckle had cut her.

"You're hurt!," worryingly said Casimir letting her go to look for any piece of cloth.

"It's not that bad. Cuts up in then noggin always look worse then they are," said Viviana as she rubbed her forearm.

Casimir held out on had and with the other he flicked his wrist to let out a stream of webbing and proceeded to roll it around his hand to form a decent strip. He wrapped the webbing around Viviana's forehead and tightly pressed it together like a circular headband. A few dots of red grew in the seconds that followed but it it seemed stable.

"Don't worry. I talked with Jacob about it a while ago and he cleared it for stopping blood flow from cuts," said Casimir with a thumbs up.

"So assuring hearing medical advice from a bug helmet dude with a burn on his chest," said Viviana with a big grin before suddenly wincing in pain

"Oh quit it. And it'll dissolve with a handful of water," said Casimir indignantly and thankfully his helmet his flustered face, "Let's just get you to sit somewhere."

Casimir lead her by the hand to where Mars was and unfortianlty there seemed to be no places of her to sit. Casimir clenched his free fist in frustration but the stinging pain from his knuckles caught him off guard. The pain from the injuries he had received started to let themselves be known. Up to this point he had been able to ignore them but uneven bursts of pain were created whenever he moved. He just wanted to sit down next to her and nurse his wounds but no! His job as a hero was not finished until the villains were pounded to the ground and weeping like sows.

"You two will probably get mad but I'm not going to sit around right here while there's still others fighting," boldly stated Casimir.

'Wait I can help you too! Roy told us to stay together," protested Viv.

"You'll just make that cut worse if you have to stretch your head for any reason," countered Casimir, "It's safer here. You too Mars. With Rocket out of it you'll just get hurt."

"I guess you're right...but give them a good walloping for me," said Viviana tilting her head with a weak smile, "Would be weirder if you didn't go out there."

Casimir dashed out of the shop onto the hallway and it wasn't long until he was at the edge of the field. It would still be some time until his swarm regrouped from around the stadium but he couldn't afford to wait any longer. Dark Star was on the stage but he couldn't quite make out her expression but someone else caught his eye. There was that odd one out from their initial appearance a fellow that was dressed quite plainly but with a white mask that covered their whole face. He was putting up quite a fight against a small group of heroes that hadn't wavered. This last stand sure was ballsy of them especially since it looked like the San Francisco Suns and Bluejays had been wrecked by Dark Star.

"Good thing I'm about to save the day," muttered Casimir as he rushed around the field to reach the brawl.

The mystery man was flying in the air in some sort of duel with a hydrokinetic on the ground as they blasted each other with swathes of flames and water canceling out each other's moves. As Casimir was upon the group he suddenly leaped upwards hidden by the clouds of hot steam as he headbutted the villain in the back with both falling to the ground. The villain hit the grassy ground like a heavy sack while Casimir landed perfectly on his feet. The hydrokinetic limped towards him exhausted from overusing his power and Casimir caught him by the shoulders as he fell to his knees.

"No need to fear! The Great Kabuto is here to help!," proudly boasted Casimir.

"Really? You look pretty fucked up yourself kid," wearily said the man, "Name's Geyser Tod. Second in command of the Bronx Bootleggers. That bastard over there already took out our leader Brimstone Joe. Not just him but Airman Sam and Speedy Willy too. And someho-"

The older man was interrupted by a sudden fireball that forced Casimir to leap upwards into the air with Geyser Tod in his arms. Like a bullet the masked man flew to them and took Geyser Tod out of Casimir's grip who was just left with ripped clumps of clothes as he fell to the floor like a swatted fly. The masked man spun in the air and threw Geyser Tod onto the ground where one other hero from their group ran towards his fallen friend.

"You picked the wrong day to mess with me," said the tall and barrel chested hero that stood over Geyser Tod, "Everyone knows Brawler Phil gets tougher the madder he gets and you hurting my team makes me see red."

The masked man silently brought his arms together and let loose a spinning column of flame that enveloped the area around Brawler Phil. Coughs and sputters could be heard from inside from the hero and yelps of pain as he in vain tried to get through the spinning wall of flame. Finally the roaring flame dissipated to reveal and empty eyed hero knocked out cold as the fire swallowed all the oxygen inside it. The masked man flew down and touched his hand to the hero's face before quickly getting up. He looked at his hand as he clenched it a few times but he suddenly felt a ball of dirt hit the back of his head.

"Don't count me out yet you son of a bitch," yelled Casimir several meters away, "I'll rip off your legs and shove them up your stumps!"
Last edited by Absolon-7 on Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 27, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Templar High Council » Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:34 pm

The Republic of Atria wrote:Wyatt

Zoe Foster - Impulse
NASL Arena, New York
September 27th

Zoe quietly cheered as Wyatt barreled into the villain, before she realized that Killswitch had blasted himself away before the dra'quinni made contact. She prepared to hurl more of the cafeteria at Killswitch, her hand clenched into a fist and raised over her head. But as Zoe turned around to face him, Killswitch had already found his way out of the room. She released her grip and prepared to follow, but not before Renata could grab her attention and speak before blasting off.

"Stella..?" Zoe definitely heard that name somewhere before, and it only took the rest of Renata's introduction to recall where from. "Oh! You know Icarus?" Zoe reversed the effects of her augmented inertia and set off after the pair; with her new lighter load she kept up with the gang without issue, only to come to a screeching halt as the hallway exploded in front of her.

"Probably not, but I don't think he'd take himself out just to get away from us. No offense." Zoe pulled her goggles over her eyes and squinted to look down the burning hallway. The smoke had started to grow thick in the air, probably due to some fuel that had been tossed into the fire after the explosion, but whatever the cause it started to become hard to breathe in the hallway. Zoe pulled her loose hero outfit over her face as she continued. "Watch out, I'm going to try and clear it!"

Zoe stepped forward and took a deep breath through the cloth covering her face; it wasn't great, but it'd have to do. She braced herself for a heavy load and reached out with both of her arms, gripping tightly as she struggled to lift them. Slowly but surely, the concrete and plaster that made up the walls of this lower rung of the stadium started to vibrate and move. Zoe pulled with her arms as if she were trying to open a pair of double doors, only the double doors were made of flaming hunks of metal, stone, and insulation. The ground began to crack and sink beneath her, as Zoe relocated the rubble from blocking their path to lining the sides of the hall, some of it pushed back into the holes that it had come from. "Alright, let's get a move on! I'm Impulse by the way!" Sweat had begun to bead on her brow, and it definitely wasn't just the heat that had caused it, but Zoe was determined to see this through to the end.
They call me Temp. If I take too long to respond, just TG me. Or TG me whenever, I'm online 90% of the time.
Anime God of P2TM, Last of Lithianity, Bro to All, & P2TM's Villain in Glasses. Kacheen!
2014 P2TM Lifetime Achievement Award Winner. During my first year on NS. Go figure.
And 2015 Most Involved in P2TM? On a roll now!
----->Founder of The Council of the Multiverse community.<-----

Solisian Union
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 22, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Solisian Union » Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:36 am

Mary

Mary wanted this to happen smoothly. And Mary hated to see something like this end horribly or, worse, in a fashion that screamed mediocre. As a regional head of a federal law enforcement agency that was now standing together with the FBI, the agency she hailed from and served for so long, it was obvious that she was eager to see her very own trainee make it through this course.

The House was a hellish part of training for any agent of the DMI to make it through. Even more so for a candidate seeking to join one of the DMI’s infamous teams. And this time, Monochrome was going to, if the shooter was going to perform honestly and excellently, earn one more soul.

The Virginian wasn’t alone, at least. With her brother and some guests from the FBI watching through a window from an observation room overlooking The House, which in reality was a house without a roof and full of targets to shoot at and not to shoot at, it was both comforting and unnerving.

Rumors reached her ears that the FBI was going to ask the Boss for an opportunity for the DMI to come under their control. While Mary and her brother would remain heads of the agency at the behest of their director, they would have to answer to the current head of the FBI. And as far as she knew, and as far as she felt it, some of her boys and girls didn’t want to have to report to someone above their standing boss lady and her ex-CIA brother. But it had to be done, and despite the fact that the guests themselves were not too keen on swallowing up a separate agency because of the paperwork to process and the rough edges to trim in order to minimize “unwanted friction between one agency and another during transition,” it was all up to the Boss and to everyone else who had to help the Boss.

But showing her guests, some of them being friends of hers, how The House would be for this particular agent, was something that helped distract her from the suggestion of becoming a part of the FBI again.

“Tell me about her.” One of the guests said as they all saw the woman approach the table that was covered in weapons, complete magazines, and other gear.

Mary looked at her agent, the Shooter from the Philippines, and then she answered the request with a smile and a confident statement: “She’s my designated Shooter. Comes from the Philippines. She’s now ex-Army.”

“She knows how to choose her guns.” the guest, who was a man in a dark suit and white tie, observed as Yasha, as she was known to Mary and Joseph, lifted an M4 Carbine, one made by Colt, from the table and inspected the chamber. He nodded in approval and said, “What unit did she come from?”

“Diamond Division. Known as the 4th Infantry; her battalion was the 26th. She was born in Mindanao, and she has fought in Mindanao.” Mary told him. She explained this and a few other things as Yasha now picked up a 10mm Sig Sauer, checked it out, loaded it with a fresh magazine and set it to safety before resting it in the space of her shoulder holster. Next, she returned to her Carbine and after loading it, she strode over to a low wall of sandbags facing a paper target fifty meters away. She had set it to semi-automatic, and let loose, at the signal of a trainer present with her, until she had used up half the magazine. One fast drop of the barrel and a quick switch to safety, as well as removing the magazine and ejecting the remaining round in the chamber, Mary told her guest: “A real Asian veteran. Jungle fighter but also experienced in urban areas. She had fought a wide range of opponents, both ordinary and extraordinary. The only thing odd about her to think about is that she’s gotta keep clear from anything and anyone holy.”

“Really?”

“Yes, really.” Mary told him. As she explained this, Yasha had glanced to her trainer, who was now giving her verbal instructions to get ready for The House. She nodded and began a simple process: she checked herself for injuries, then she checked her weapons again for any defects or issues, counted her ammunition, refilled the magazine she used just recently, and finally put on a load bearing vest, the magazines she’d need for her primary weapon, and a helmet. She disregarded, to the observation of everyone, the fancier stuff like a set of night vision goggles and optics. Even her Carbine was not fitted with any extra bells and whistles. And Mary found that good.

“Seems that our subject is adjusting to what’s in The House.” stated another guest, this time a woman.

And Mary nodded, agreeing that Yasha was doing so.

“We’re ready to go,” the trainer on the floor with Yasha said into her microphone (which was attached to her collar) before she gave the Filipina a hand signal to stand by with her weapons. The shooter was quick; the butt of the rifle shifted against her shoulder, and her hands tightly gripped the weapon properly, a finger ready to flip from safe to semi automatic fire.

Mary created a shit eating grin on her face and said lowly, “Here we go.”

Everyone else around her, except for her brother, looked on with wonder.

“Trainee — stand by...stand by…” the trainer on the floor with Yasha carefully spoke as she produced a stopwatch from her pockets. Then at the second she clicked on the device, “GO, GO, GO!”

Alarms. Barrel up. Safety off. Shots.
^_^

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse