NATION

PASSWORD

Young Bloods(IC, Reboot Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Vanquaria
Senator

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vanquaria » Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:49 pm

Bu Search Warrant
Condemned District, San Diego
1 August

Good work, Mizu. I'll take care of the rest.

Switching off his smartphone, he put it into his hoodie's pocket then took off his hoodie to reveal his bare-chested body underneath. He knelt down, setting his hoodie in a neat fold onto the grey concrete ground. Then he pressed both his palms together and reenacted the Wai Kru ceremony of Muay Thai. He reflected back on the mentors that he had had over the years and paid tribute to them. Then his mind wandered back to his place of origin and despite the darkness around that image he reflected on his upbringing there for that was where he learned his first martial art; Wing Chun. The art passed down by masters such as Yip Man and Bruce Lee...

"Oi, ching-chong! Fuck off!" the gangster pointed at Bu, his other hand reaching into his jacket. His partner was also doing the same.

The half-naked Chinese teen continued to walk towards the 2 gunmen, his eyes fierce and his mouth closed.

"I SAID FUCK OFF OR YOU'LL GET SOME!" shouted the man, his pistol now drawn and aimed at Bu.

The distance between Bu and him had been closed, they were mere meters away from each other at that point. And Bu continued to walk closer. A bead of sweat trickled down the man's neck as he looked at his partner who gave him a nod. Gritting his teeth, the gangster turned back and without hesitation, fired.

BANG!

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAH!"

The oblique kick. A move professional fighter Rampage Jackson wants banned from the UFC. Why? Because it is a kick that can inflict damage upon the ligaments in one's knee. However, the oblique kick is often used in Muay Thai for the purpose of effectively stifling kicks by the opponent. Is it really that dangerous one can ask. It depends on the way it is used. The oblique kick is also a move in Wing Chun. Its purpose? To destroy one's knee.

The second gangster's mind could not register what had just happened. His partner had shot at a point-blank target but...No way, he thought, no way the Chink dodged that! Yet, the 'Chink' had indeed dodged the shot then bent his partner's leg awkwardly using an oblique kick and took the 120kg man out of the fight with a spinning roundhouse to the head.

"What the f-!"

Seconds later, his body was used as a battering ram to knock down the front door of the building. Instantly the heads of everyone on the ground floor turned towards the sound and were greeted by the sight of the pummeled body of the front door guard. Then all hell broke loose.

Pressure points. They aren't what comics and anime shows make them out to be. In Bu's opinion, they do exist but all of them won't respond to what some traditional martial arts pretend to be killing moves. 'Dim Mak' or the Death Touch is most definitely not real. Instead, there are certain pressure points of a human body susceptible to attack but they only respond to powerful impact and shock, both elements not being things that are easily delivered by most people. Except for Bu.

Swiftly disarming the first assailants that rushed at him with blades then knocking them unconscious with strikes to their temples, Bu stormed the gangsters in the living room as they picked up their firearms. Each one of them pointed a gun at him. They pressed their triggers. Nothing came out. Their guns had all been halved like a series of wooden boards being sliced in half by the feet of a Taekwondo master. A moment later, all of the gangsters lay moaning on the floor, their reward for pointing a gun at Bu being broken bones and cracked teeth.

Bu walked over to the kitchen. There he met 2 women, cowering together in fear underneath a dining table. Seeing no visible threat he began to ask, "Are you o-!"

POW POW!

2 shotgun shells were unloaded into his chest, sending him flying across the room to collapse against an oven behind him. The female gangsters stood up, faces snarling, their hands wielding sawed-off shotguns, they had been sitting on the guns the whole time.

"Let's load some more shells into this motherfucker!" one of them said as she aimed it at Bu. Then both their eyes went wide.

Bu pushed himself up from the ground, smoke coming from his chest as 2 spent shotgun shells were pushed out by his pecs onto the floor. Before the women could even blink the pressure points on their necks were cut by the sides of Bu's hands and they became the ones that collapsed on the floor this time, great black-purple bruises would appear on their necks when they woke up.

Picking up a knife from an unconscious gangster, Bu strode up the stairs, leaving the destruction he'd sowed on the ground floor behind him.

"DIE NIGGA!" a gangster waiting to catch him out emerged, UZI in hand.

The Young Blood simply extended his hand.

DAKADAKADAKADAKADAKADAKADAKA!

Bullets ricocheted off Bu's hands and riddled the walls around them.

"Jesus Christ..." the gunman gasped. Then he screamed out in pain and tumbled down the stairs, a knife embedded deep in his kneecap.

Reaching the 2nd floor, Bu cracked his knuckles and began to methodically sweep each room. Gunshots would echo through the hallways. They rang out continuously until eventually the last bullet hit the floor and the last Apostle was slumped against a wall.

At this point, his knuckles had become bloodied, very bloodied. Wiping off some stains from his body, Bu saw that there was only 1 floor remaining. He wondered what was up there. He reached for his smartphone but realized he had left it in his hoodie.

"Mizu? You here somewhere? I'm heading up to the 3rd floor," he called out as he took his first step onto the stairway.
Vanq commands a quiet respect that carries its own authority. He is the Hitler of NS.

"I took away Vanq's YB for deliberatly ignoring me"
"I know Vanq is a very good writer and this is how he treats someone of lesser skill?"
"I would love to have a writer of your caliber along for the ride"
"neo and vanq do a dbz fusion to form 1 big shitposter then get erased from NS by kyrusia"
"Which is the level of memeing I expect from Vanq"
"brigadier general comes on, pulls a vanq and calls us all autistic"

Absolon-7
Diplomat

Founded: May 11, 2014
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Absolon-7 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:18 am

Zarkenis Ultima wrote:Extraction Group

Viviana Couture August 1st
A minuscule and delicate bead of sweat rolled down Viviana's forehead and onto her domino mask as she stood beside the rest of extraction. Alexi's robot, Oberon, towered over the crew almost acting as a sundial in the evening dim light while they patiently waited for the seconds to tick by for a signal. Being under this jet's cloaking system made Viviana's heart thump as much as a rabbit's. Here they stood in front of Warwolf's base completely in the open but the soldiers were none the wiser. She tilted her torso forward by a smidgen and turned her head left and then right eyeing the street and the enemy forces. Vivana clasped her hands together behind her back and faintly twisted her hips side to side as deep breaths escaped her nose in regular rhythms. The extinguished light inside of the base signaled for their call to action as everyone broke into a run or flight. Chicle on the other hand chose to swing one leg upwards and telescope it out in arch far forward and then rapidly contracting the leg with the entire action being essentially one giant step.

The fury of action whirled around her as Oberon battled with a juggernaut and so did Forge and Frostbite. Shouts and gunfire filled the air as her teammates battled the power-armored Warwolf soldiers but what caught her eye was Shadowkill about to get a Bolivian Army ending by a squad of soldiers. Viviana's heart seemed to nearly drop a meter, perhaps literally, but the quick sequence of Mike flying by warping and destroying some of their guns and then that weird magic dude teleporting Elle out of there threw her off. Viviana blinked blankly at that scene before cartoonishly shaking her head side to side rapidly. She stared down the confused Warwolf soldiers as they looked at one another in a confused daze and warped her hands to two large Frisbee shapes in front of her. She began to sidestep in hopes of catching them off guard but one spotted her and took out his side arm followed by the second closest to him. The pistols' bullets harmlessly sank into her Frisbee hands crossed in front of her before they were bounced back. The hail of bullets ricocheted off to many a direction causing both soldiers to curse and duck down in a panic.

Alrightyo, they cant do much to me but I cant do much to them either. Dangnabbit it! It's the golems all over again!, thought Viviana scowling. Her mouth formed a petite circle as an idea popped into her head. She coiled her knees into springs and dynamically vaulted herself upwards and next to the closest soldier. The soldier threw a forward punch at her face but it bounced back violently with the armored fist smashing into its own owner's faceplate. Metal crumpled slightly from the force of the fist and the soldier took one step back as he almost fell over. Chicle then extended and curled her arms around the soldier's ankles before flipping him on his back in his unbalanced state. She coiled both arms into tights springs before wrapping them around each other as well. Cold metal greeted her hands as she extended her coiled arms and grasped the hip of the fallen soldier. At that moment she let loose the tremendous stored force in the twin coils as they snapped back into place. Meanwhile the soldier was sent off spinning on his back in a furious whirl at the second soldier's location, far too fast to be dodged. Metal crashed metal and then into pavement as the second soldier was knocked over like a bowling pin onto the floor face first.

"Boo yeah!" shouted Viv pumping both arms in triumph. She hoped forward on one foot and then another to see that almost everyone had gone but she managed to spot Renata at the front entrance by herself. Wasn't Shadowkill supposed to help her out? Oh well, might as well help her pal out. Coiled springs formed once again at her knees and the pressure sending her leaping next to her pink haired compatriot. She spun around on one foot as she regained her composure.

"Don't worry chief, Chicle's got your back" panted Viviana as she placed her hands on her hips, "Looks like things got a bit mixed up, huh? Well I guess things couldn't have worked one-hundred percent as planned."
Last edited by Absolon-7 on Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Founded: May 17, 2014
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:36 am

Vanquaria wrote:

Bu Search Warrant
1 August

Mizuma Ishiwara, the Lunarian Illusionist!

August 1st

Upon hastily making her way up the stairs to the second floor and seeing that it didn't hold much more than several personal rooms, all with various members of the Black Apostles snoozing off and relaxing, Gangster Mizu started hearing the sounds of fighting, shouting and stuff breaking below. Judging from his message, Bu was certain that he could take on everyone gathered in the ground floor all by himself - despite that, however, the Lunarian heroine still felt a faint pit in her stomach as the fighting below continued to escalate.

It's okay, it's okay. He's gonna be fine. You couldn't offer much help to him anyway.

With the second floor scouted out, there was only one left. The third floor, the door at the end of the stairs leading up to it surprisingly closed, unlike the staircase from the first to the second - which was a better indicator than any that something important was being held up there. Clues which they could submit to the law enforcement and get them to crack down on the gang? The gang's loot catche? A superweapon they were planning to use against the city? Maybe not the last one, but...

As soon as Gangster Mizu pushed the door open, her eyes were met with the attic of the building, a peculiar haze and smell permeating the air, an episode of Care Bears playing on the TV in the corner of the room, and a man in a white jacket standing at the center and strapping the belt of his sword upon his torso. Seeing how pasty he was in comparison to everyone else in the gang, Mizu instantly guessed that he was an outsider.

A correct guess. Mercenary work was something unique for Floyd - however, when a gangster from the Black Apostles reached out to him a few days ago for a temporary job contract, and the British superhuman warrior checked how empty his pockets were getting recently, how could he have refused the offer. The Apostles, apparently, were expecting to embroil themselves in a serious gang war in the Condemned District in the following month and needed all the manpower they could get - turns out, however, that they were going to need Floyd's help sooner rather than later.

The swordsman's ears caught the sound of the door behind him opening immediately and turned around speaking:

"If yer here to tell me shit's going down, then go back to being cannon fodder, I can tell that already."

Gangster Mizu froze in place. Alright, just act natural. I... should be able to keep this man occupied until Bu arrives. "Yea, yea, I know, was just checkin'."

Mizu's response, however, only poured fuel over Floyd's suspicions. These coal-smeared asses usually get a lot more offended if I call them cannon fodder. The gangster's voice raised even more eyebrows - it was familiar, very much so, but not because he knew this guy personally or anything.

"Why the hell are you impersonating Will Smith in front of me?"

"I'm..." He... he could tell immediately? "I'm not?.."

Floyd shrugged, put his hands into his pockets and started walking towards Gangster Mizu, who started backing away, desperately trying to hide the building up fright in her mind.

This might be a long shot... but something about this guy is telling me that he's hiding something from me. Let's see...

"Oh, so that's what your name is!" a voice behind the door leading to the third floor called out as soon as Bu called Mizu out by her name. Almost immediately after, the door got ripped off its hinges by a powerful kick, flying past the Chinese martial artist and plopping down on the floor. On the other side stood Floyd, his eyes focused upon the flailing, struggling purple-haired girl he held up by the neck with his right hand - as soon as he kicked down the door, however, his eyes trailed towards the bald superhero on the other side of the staircase. "I suppose I should've known that no superhero would raid a gang's HQ all alone, but-"

Floyd suddenly stopped, glaring at Bu, his mind suddengly recognizing the youth's distinguished face and stature. A man who keeps up with the international underground superhuman combat scene such as himself could not forget that face.

"-You're the King. You're the King of China. You're the bloody kid who took down my favorite in the Asian bloodsport championships and took his title."

He liked that guy. But the new King, he's definitely as much of a treat. Floyd snickered and, while still holding Mizu with his hand, began slowly walking down the steps, one at a time, speaking:

"I couldn't have gotten a more pleasant surprise. My name is Floyd Tolson, you could say that I am your British counterpart. Not as decorated, however." The swordsman slightly tilted his head afterwards. "Whatcha even doing here on the other side of the pond? Someone like you couldn't possibly extract any more experience from beating down a buncha bloody gangsters."

Absolon-7 wrote:Viviana Couture August 1

Renata Martinez, the heroic Spectrum!

August 1st

Before Renata could step in and blast away at the remaining soldiers in the battlefield in front of the gates, much like the extraction team was planning before the rest got too hasty, Viviana suddenly popped into reality, using her stretchy rubbery powers to bounce back all the incoming bullets towards her and take down the two remaining grunts with her body manipulation. Nobody else seemed to be around, no reinforcements seemed to be coming, and aside for a few moans from the taken down and incapacitated Warwolf soldiers, the battlefield entered a tranquil quiet. Renata let out a sigh and stepped out of cover, just in time to be greeted by Vivi, stating that she's gonna have her back from now on.

"...Thanks, Vivi." Renata muttered and gave a brief nod. "Well, I suppose there is a reason why they say 'no plan ever survives first contact with the enemy'. Improv is better than blindly sticking to the plan sometimes."

Or at least that's what she told herself about this incident. Truth be told, she actually was a little bitter about the plan getting shafted so suddenly and the team abandoning her before the guards at the front were even swept, much like she was a little bitter on being assiged to a watchman role instead of storming into the facility and helping rescue Kiris more directly - but there were a lot better things to get mad over than something as pointless as this. Besides, recent events, most notably one involving Icarus and a finger gun, drilled in that sometimes lashing out and acting on pure emotion can have terrible consequences, so, at least for now, she opted to bottle up her feelings instead.

Renata leaned on a nearby wall, folding her arms and speaking:

"And now we wait..."

The pink-haired heroine sighed and turned her eyes towards Viviana. "So how have you been doing recently? Still... hanging out with Casimir, I presume?"

The Rebel Alliances wrote:
Scott Green-Wonder Tower-July 30th, 2017

July 30th

Renata's eye peeked through the keyhole of the door, and as soon as she witnessed the familiar dark-haired teenager on the other side, she stepped away, turning around and placing her hands on Elle's shoulders. The day of decision is finally here, and Renata's nefarious conspiracy on drawing Scott away from Shi could finally come to fruition. Or spectacularly collapse, that was also possible. Really, at his point, it no longer depended on her efforts, it was all on Elle's shoulders.

Should she feel terrible for drawing her two friends into this mess and basically acting matchmaker on them both? She should, and she actually did, no matter how much she tried to suppress that feeling. But... come on, Scott and Elle together would be a really cute couple! And she's got to save Scott from a hopeless one-sided crush, too...

"Alright, he's here, it's your time to shine," Renata whispered, pushing a few locks of Elle's hair which had fallen on her eyes to the side. "Start out with something simple, say, 'Hi, Scott, Renata's not here, but I have this booked table to a restaurant, would you want to come with me?', it's gotta work. Though you could add a little bit more fluff to it, give more plausible deniability." As she spoke, she stuffed the ticket for the table she booked to Elle's pocket, alongside a fifty dollar note - just so she would be able to buy Scott something nice on the way there.

"You know, I have just as much experience in how this dating business works as you do, that is to say, absolutely none. But don't worry about that, Scott is not much better in that regard either. It's all gonna work out. Have fun out there, and if you need help with anything, you've got my number, I should be available all evening."

Renata finished off her final statements and motivational words with a brief peck on Elle's cheek, then stepped away, opening the window and activating the Spectrum Gauntlet on her right hand before leaping off.
I have a severe case of addiction to writing. At least 3k words every day is my fix.

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

The Rebel Alliances
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Rebel Alliances » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:34 am

Alexis Cain/Vendetta-Four Roses Bar, Condemned District-August 1st, 2017

I listened to the clicking sound as I snapped the chamber in the revolver back into place. Looking Brianna was trying to knock some soberness into Sina, but I had my doubts. She had been drinking fairly heavily for hours before we even showed up. It was a wonder that Isaac could even hold his gun. It had to be something to do with his superpowers. Everyone kinda stood still tense as we waited for something to happen, some news or some gunfire to snap us into action. Until finally that signal came. Several moments after Isaac and Brianna disappeared to the back we heard the sounds of battle erupting from the rear of the building. Fuck, it's now or never. It seemed that the men out front also heard the gunfire as bullets started to cut through the bar walls as I dove behind a overturned table, meeting eyes with Nick who was dragging Sina into a corner alongside Catarina and Edward. "Nick, take Edward and have him help you drag Sina out of this shithole alright! Catarina is going with ya'll too! Move out the back entrance and help Isaac and Brianna break out of here!" Nick paused a moment, as if trying to think of what to say, it was strange, just by looking at him, he didn't need to say a single word. I could see what he was thinking, about leaving me and Sebastian here, that one or both of us would likely never be seen again. His mouth began to purse up as he started to say something, but I beat him to it over the sounds of gunfire.

"Nick...it's ok! We both know we need to keep these fuckers from coming in behind us. If they corner us it's all over,besides I'll have Sebastian with me, now go..." A moment of hesitation was all I allowed for him to make up his mind.

"Get the fuck outta here!" I bellowed finally as he directed Edward to help him with Sina as they evacuated towards the back.

With the rest of the Outriders making their bid to break through the back me and Sebastian left to ourselves to hold then line long enough for them to do so. Sebastian gave a swift pump on the pump action shotgun he held.

"The best defense..." He started.

"Is fucking them up first?" He gave a dry chuckle.

"Close enough." He responded as he engaged his metallic form. "I am going directy out the front. I am bulletproof like this, get as close as possible and tear them up at point blank. Stay in here and cover me as best you can. I am pretty damn certain once I leave this building I will be drawing most of their fire so you should be able to get some shots off, make things easier for me." It seemed like a solid plan. It was literally all that we had.

"How long can your form hold up?" I asked, the concern evident in my tone.

"Long enough."

Sebastian made his way straight out the front doors as he unleashed his first blast from the shotgun. Peppering the closest mob car as he reloaded the pump. A bullet struck his metallic skin, and then a second and third. As he steadily made his way closer to the mob. His next blast striking dead center mass as the gangster was blasted several feet back, dead before he hit the ground. It was working, he was drawing their fire. I took my time and picked out the best target as I aimed my magnum from inside the bar, before firing a single shot, which punched right through his back as he collapsed in a heap on the pavement. Not wasting a second I aimed another shot, towards a man who was peppering Sebastian with automatic fire. Another shot, and he to fell to the ground as Sebastian physically grabbed one by the collar and pressed the shotgun to his chest as he pulled the trigger.

We...might just make it out of this. I thought, allowing a ray of hope to break through the reality of our situation.

Sebastians ability was impressive, the amount of damage he could take in and just keep fighting due to being a literal walking tank was nothing short of amazing. I steadied another shot and fired off another round which dropped another scum bag before they finally started to retaiate against me. I ducked low as gunfire shot through the walls staying low until Sebastian managed to regain their attention, as I peeked around the corner of the entrance I could see Sebastian go into hand to hand, slamming his metal fist against the skull of another mafia member. The sounds of battle seemed to die down for a brief moment until a explosion hit Sebastian square on, knocking him on his ass several meters back.

Scanning up ahead I saw a man holding an RPG, he was adorned in full modern body armor and a face concealed behind a full face mask which had the number 32 on the forehead. There were other mob members still standing but they all seemed to back away a bit and form a perimeter. As the imposing man started to walk slowly towards a dazed Sebastian who was only now getting himself up. Still hidden away in the bar I took the time to reposition myself for a clear shot at the new threat. Because my gut was telling me that Sebastian would need all the help he could get with this one.
Last edited by The Rebel Alliances on Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
My RP Nation is the Islamic Republic of Alamon

The Starlight wrote:Rebel Force: Noun - A strange power associated with street-level characters who are the weakest, yet most powerful of all.

Agritum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Agritum » Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:44 pm

The Rebel Alliances wrote:*Scott legitimately believing Renata has broken up permanently with Icarus*

Wonder Tower, 30th of July

*BGM*

The door to Renata's apartments opened to reveal a quite different girl. Smiling awkwardly under a light makeup, a raven-haired teen with lush, hip-length hair greeted Scott. A white blouse, a purple foulard wrapped around her neck, a denim miniskirt, and a pair of brown short boots that straight out yelled 'I cannot walk with heels' completed her part nerdy, part girl-scout look.

"Oh, Scott! Renata unfortunately had to flee the room a while ago, she had some urgent stuff to do downtown. I told her that I would handle the date for her. We met at the birthday party for Mars, you remember? I was in my usual vigilante gear back then, and trying to act the part. First impressions can be important. I prefer to let Shadowkill take a backseat when I'm relaxing, though." she started, stumbling a bit in her words, letting out a luminous blush that told all one had to know about.

"I was actually planning to go buy some volumes at my favourite manga & comics store, would you like if we took a stop there? I...have a car, see. My helicopter is grounded for the time being, unfortunately. I am sure you heard about it! Anyway...."

Elle leaned on the doorframe, mustering her bravery for another cutesy, teeth-out smile. "Renata told me you're into sci-fi. Asimov or Heinlein?"

Vanquaria
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Vanquaria » Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:25 pm

A Strong One Has Appeared
1 August

'King' was a moniker he had not been called for a while and it brought back many memories. And the old man also mentioned the former King, the crocodilian grandmaster of Shaolin Wushu whose back Bu had broke. It seemed that the man possessed an intricate knowledge of the superhuman martial art world and Bu knew that people in possession such knowledge were always ones to be reckoned with. This 'Floyd' was clearly a martial artist. Given the sword at his side and the manner of which he moved, Bu recognized the aura the man was exuding. It was the aura of a master. And it was a dark one.

In any other situation, Bu would have responded in kind to the strange, black-haired man. After all, a master must acknowledge another master regardless of purpose or past. It was simply etiquette and since Floyd had acknowledged him, it was expected of Bu to do the same.

But not this time, no, not this time.

Bu felt a rush of anger course through his veins and his eyes narrowed as he saw him hold Mizu by the neck. The fact that he had a British accent didn't help.

"Let. Her. Go," he said as he glared up at Floyd, his voice unusually low and deep, a threat entwined in his words. A death threat. He was not giving any fucks about the name of this guy or his capabilities, only Mizu mattered for Bu at that moment. The Chinese teen tensed his muscles and activated adrenaline flow within his body. He was prepared to pounce at any time if he saw the smallest twitch of a finger from the hand holding Mizu. But he stood straight and firm, not adopting any stance because he was concentrating his entire body for a single, complete explosion. He was not taking any risks with the Lunarian girl's safety...he was going all-out on this man.
Last edited by Vanquaria on Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vanq commands a quiet respect that carries its own authority. He is the Hitler of NS.

"I know Vanq is a very good writer and this is how he treats someone of lesser skill?"
"neo and vanq do a dbz fusion to form 1 big shitposter then get erased from NS by kyrusia"

Segral
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 06, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Segral » Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:33 pm

Sir Edward Whilton of York
The Second Crusade

The table wreckage was all around him. His leg was stinging from the fall, pain shooting through the upper portion and making it difficult to find his footing amid the splintered wood and ragged cloth. He did not feel alcohol-sodden, but his head ached, and he felt as if his head was strangely airy, his thoughts becoming sluggish, splintering with pain. The world practically seemed to vibrate, sounds were shriller, his tongue felt heavy. There was some black spell upon him! A witch, or a Muslim voodoo man had put some spell upon him! He had only had two goblets of ale, he should not be in a sorry state. This was a cowardly attempt to sabotage his impressive muscular might and brave heart! But for what purpose? Why would a sorry Muslim be cursing him, sabotaging him with such precision? It must be...they were under attack!

As soon as this thought crossed his mind, Sister Alexis barged in, echoing his sentiments with an urgent declaration that they were surrounded by assailants! SIR EDWARD WHILTON OF YORK WAS A PROPHET OF JESUS! God had spoken in Edward's ear, foretold him of events that would come to him, clearly because God trusted him and thought that he alone was the true idol! What a glorious day! Although...the assailants were a problem, and he was crippled. Crippled leg, crippled head, crippled body. What could he do? He would not be able to fight, that was for sure. He had only emerged alive from the restaurant by the virtue of sheer luck.

"Erm...give me time!" Edward exclaimed, pulling himself up with the shattered edge of the table, trying to shift his weight and find his balance. It was an agonizingly slow process, and he could hear thumps and the surrounding noises of his brothers and sister. Brother Issac and Sister Brianna scurrying out the back exit, Sister Sina collapsing in drunken tendencies, bullets erupting from the back. Sister Alexis and Brother Sebastian were beginning to panic. He needed to act. Brother Nicholas was stumbling across the bar, trying to reach Sister Sina, who could barely move. Gritting his teeth, Edward managed to stand and limp to where Brother Nicholas was, ducking low to avoid the hails of bullets coming through the walls, drywall splintering in clouds. Coughing, he fanned the dust away from his face, more concerned with the dust coating his face in an unsightly layer than the bullets breaking through the flimsy walls.

Soon, he was near Brother Nicholas and Sister Catarina, who were having little success in moving Sister Sina away from the mayhem. With a grunt, he kneeled down, grabbing Sister Sina from the knees down and yanking her hard, dragging her limp form across the floor to the corner with his massive strength. Luckily, she was unwounded, or the floor would dirty and infect her with terrible poxes! But it would not be enough, they couldn't all clump in the corner, and they wouldn't be able to move her form in time with three individuals fighting for attention.

Picking Sister Sina up roughly, he slung her limp body over his shoulder, grunting as his leg shrieked in pain from the weight. "Brother Nicholas, Sister Catarina, I won't be able to help you. I am...injured." he admitted wearily, waving his hand at the messy mosaic of bandages on his leg. "I will ride my steed and take Sister Sina back to the..."base", as you call it. Protect me as I venture out to find my steed, and join Brother Issac and Sister Brianna in defending against these hooligans and their spells. Do you agree, or do you say "nay"?" he asked, his voice tired and his face stretched thin, looking as if he was in serious pain.

Carter Graystone
July 29th

The mission objective was set; take revenge for the horrendous, insect-related crimes inflected on Viviana Couture by pranking the living hell out of Casimir Herman, the unsuspecting Polish-American target and prank vigilante responsible for the attack. The method? A clandestine infiltration into the target’s dormitory, breaching the shower water tank and dying the hot water with red food coloring, creating the illusion of a shower of gore. Hopefully, it would serve as both a massive shock to the target, as well as a warning to not attempt assaults of such a severe kind in the future, especially to Ms. Viviana. It would be difficult, due to the clandestine dormitory security Casimir contained within his quarters, the possibility of being spotted, and the intense communication and teamwork needed to pull the prank off, but with Ms. Mizu and Ms. Viviana working alongside Graystone for the special mission, anything was possible.

Currently, they were in the main rendezvous point, which was Ms. Mizu’s dormitory. The room was bare save for the bed and some shelves, but the main focus was the round table at which the three horsemen and horsewomen were seated at, a dim light illuminating the plumbing tools and assorted bottles of red food coloring that would be used in the mission. Much like the others, Carter was dressed in dark, concealing clothing, wearing baggy black sweatpants and a hoodie with the hood down, further accentuating the design with an odd choice of a fedora, brim pulled down to hide his face, which worked partly due to the intense, yoga-instructor-infuriating slouch Carter was carrying.

The plan was simple; Ms. Viviana would distract her boyfriend, which was coincidentally the intended target, should he attempt to come back early from his fitness and power training session. In the meantime, Ms. Mizu and Carter would sneak into the Polish bastard’s bathroom, breach the tank, and sneak away, with Carter handling most of the work due to Ms. Mizu’s vertical challenges. Granted, his spine also seemed to be vertically challenged (much to his own chagrin), but he would surpass and exceed expectations. But he would need calm nerves, surgical precision, and a whole ton of luck. Four-leaf-clover-over-the-rainbow-pot-of-gold shit.

The meeting broke, and Carter followed Mizu out of the room, carrying the toolbox containing the screwdrivers and wrenches needed to access the tank while Mizu clenched the dye bottles, keeping them safe. Nobody noticed them as they crept across the silent hall, the silence permeating with an unnatural thickness and viscosity. They would need to act quickly, and Mizu recognized this, quickly handing the bottles to Carter. Despite having one hand occupied, he was able to fit them all in the crooks of his arms, despite that constant feeling that something was about to slip out.

However, Mizu did not seem to notice Carter’s struggles, instead opting to pick the lock. He wasn’t sure what Mizu was going to do, but he certainly didn’t expect her to transform her finger into a friggin’ key, shove it in the keyhole, and open the lock from the inside out. Carter watched with a mix of faint curiosity and disgust as she committed the brave deed, causing some very sharp pain to her finger, as well some possible shredding around the skin area. However, she seemed to be fine, giving a very loud muffled insistence that she was fine. Well, if that’s what the woman wanted, he wasn’t going to argue.

He barely clapped eyes upon the darkened room, focused squarely on the bathroom with his hands and arms full. The door was close by, and Carter swung it open and flipped the lightswitch with his shoulder. The light flickered on, revealing a pretty ordinary bathroom. The counter was messy, filled with bottles of AXE, shampoo and conditioner, and what appeared to be some type of polish. Toilet paper was out, the missus’ makeup was scattered across the sinks, the soap bar was worn to a sliver. Clearly a man who cares little about appearance and was focused on pure hygienic function. Little details mattered.

Slipping into the massive chrome n’ glass shower, he set the bottles down, popping open the toolbox with a flourish. As tempting as it was to rip open the shower head, they needed to be subtle or this would never work. Hopefully the YouTube videos taught him well.

The shower head was attached to a bolted silver plate, which fixed the head in place. Easy. Producing a small wrench out from the box, he quickly worked the plate, popping the bolts off one by one. His dad owned a mechanic’s garage, and Carter has easily picked up how to use the tools. Gently, he pulled the shower head loose, rubbery pipe trailing out from the head. Eagerly picking up a bottle, he opened the cap and shoved his hand down the narrow hole, bottle and all, in the hopes of finding the tank. However, he was met with two unpleasant surprises. First, the tank was out of reach. Two, food colouring was spilling on his hand. Time to retreat.

He began to pull his arm out, only to find it...stuck, right at the widest part of his hand. He tugged it one way and then the other, but it was stuck as if it was Superglued. And it was crushed. And it hurt. A lot. And more dye was on his hand.

“Uhh….Mizu? I have a…slight technical problem. Can you come help?”
Last edited by Segral on Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
yea bro idk

Zarkenis Ultima
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 22, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Zarkenis Ultima » Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:26 pm

August 1st

Tomia wrote:---
Auropa wrote:---
Finland SSR wrote:---
North America Inc wrote:---

With the sound of gunfire all around her, Alexis continued to provide cover and suppression fire for her allies; the area around the stairwell was soon cleared of enemies for the time being, but she had no doubts that more foes could emerge at any moment, whether from the hallway that led to the cell blocks, or from the staff entrance on the back, so she couldn't let her guard down just yet. With a mental command, Oberon stood with its back against the group and held out its hands in front of itself, focusing the normally skin-tight force field around it into a quarter-dome that would protect everyone from any unexpected attack.

While the mech continued to do this, its back opened up, and Alexis jumped out of it, turning around to look at how her teammates were faring.

Oh... not great, then.

Mars' uniform was stained with red around his arm from the bullet he had taken, while the same thing happened to Angelica's facemask, a testament to the profuse bleeding of her nose after she was tag-teamed by some Warwolf grunts. Thankfully Mike seemed unharmed so far, and she couldn't exactly look past Jason's black coating, so she could only assume he was fine as well. Still, it wouldn't do to have two injured teammates when they still didn't know where Kiris was. What's the rest of Infiltration doing?

Approaching Mars first, she raised one of her gauntlets towards his injury, spraying disinfectant over the wound before pressing her index finger against it, a thick gel coming out and sealing the hole. "This'll stop the bleeding until we can get the bullet removed and the wound treated properly. Try not to move your arm around too much." The genius girl told her peer.

Mars nodded solemnly, clearly trying to ignore the pain of being shot. "Got it, go save Kiris."

Alexis nodded at him before moving on to Angelica. Apprehension gripped her as she turned to face the tall blonde, not knowing how she'd react to her attempts to help, but she quickly discarded those thoughts. We're in the middle of a mission right now. She'll have to put up with it. Alexis told herself before holding a gauntlet to her face, a familiar green glow radiating from it, both causing her body to start healing the damage faster and dulling the pain she felt. "Good work sealing the stairs." She nodded, not knowing what else to say and thinking that the other girl didn't want to hear from her either.

Angelica was silent for a moment, seemingly unlikely to say anything. However a soft "thanks" escaped her lips after Alexis had turned away to give both Jason and Mike similar treatments - while they had no obvious wounds that needed to be taken care of, the healing radiation from her gauntlets would still give them a little pick-me-up in terms of energy.

Suddenly, a mental transmission from the outside reached her, it was Renata complaining about being left alone at the entrance. "What are you talking about, Stella? We took care of most of the threats outside before even going in! And why the hell isn't Shadowkill with you?"

Before she could say - think - anything else or give out any orders to the people surrounding her, good news arrived from the rest of the Infiltration team: Shi had located Kiris within the cell block. However, from what she heard later through conventional comms, that came at the price of her getting separated from Ash and Cassandra, which could be dangerous. Thinking for a moment, the blonde girl replied.

"Alright, Shi, locate Ash and Cassandra first, then make your way to the cell block's entrance. We're on our way." She conveyed. "Stay safe."

With that over, Alexis took a step back and looked at the group in front of her. Even though she was the smallest person around, she had the authority - and more importantly, the responsibility - to give out orders during that rescue mission. The weight of it was beginning to bear down on her, but she refused to buckle.

"Okay, guys, here's what we'll be doing: Mike, keep an eye on Mars, you two will be helping Tad and Vivi when they come around to clear the staff entrance. Frost, Jason, you're coming with me and Yoshiro. We need to break through the cell block, secure the entrance, and meet up with Kiris, Ash, Cassandra and Shi. I'll take point; stick together and be ready for anything." She instructed them before looking around. "Yoshi, where are you?"

"Right behind you." The telepath said with an uncharacteristic cocky smile as she walked up to the group assembled around the stairs. She had kept herself hidden and snuck into the facility behind Oberon, having fun with a few stragglers who stayed behind on the locker room - nobody would notice anyway, the cameras were offline and the Young Bloods would be in too much of a hurry to leave - before finally catching up with the team leader.

"There you are! Let's get going then." She nodded at Yoshiro, Jason and Angelica before moving back into Oberon, the combat mech dropping its arms along with the directional shield before charging down the hallway in the direction of the holding cells. The path leading up to it was devoid of Warwolf troopers, but as she approached the entrance to the cell block, she could see a myriad different shapes around it, some of them moving and some not; she couldn't help but notice that the former were mostly orange while the latter were not.

Is... is that... The girl thought with dawning horror as she ran forward. She noticed the red staining the floor and walls, and soon realized that the immobile shapes were the crushed and mutilated bodies of Warwolf soldiers that had been viciously exterminated by the inmates after attempting to hold them off.

They're dead.

Did... did we... this is our fault...

Paralyzed and horrified not just at the carnage, but at the fact that it was a consequence of her and the Young Bloods' actions, Alexis couldn't bring herself to take another step further. Sure, Warwolf was the enemy, but they didn't deserve-

"Well well, ain't that the fancy robot that showed up on the news." Spoke a tall black man, built like a truck and with an air of arrogance about him - he stood at the head of a group about nine criminals strong, most of them Black Apostles, while several more inmates were running out of the cell block and out a massive hole that had been blown in the wall. "Unless you want to end up like our super cop friends here, I suggest you don't try to stop us, little girl." He gestured towards the broken bodies.

"...You did this?!" Alexis shouted, Oberon's speakers amplifying her voice. Without even bothering to receive an answer she rushed forward, Oberon's heavy footsteps echoing through the hallway. But before she managed to close the distance, a piercing sound filled the air and an overwhelming force suddenly slammed into the mech, causing it to stop completely - where it had been swiftly moving forward before, now all of its might was spent trying not to be pushed away from the inmate. Shit, shit, shit!

"Don't say I didn't warn you kid." Tyson growled, a hand stretched out towards the mech, slowly driving it back as his fellow inmates cheered him on.

On the verge of panic, Alexis watched as the bar at the top of her HUD was swiftly depleted by the man's shockwaves. Damn it, this monster's eating through my shields! I've got to do something! The girl thought, eyes darting all around as she tried to devise a plan of action. Try as she might, however, even her prodigious might couldn't escape the myriad grim possibilities and what-ifs that could be unleashed should the inmate overcome her. I can't let my friends end up like that!

It seemed evident that Oberon couldn't do anything against it: all of its strength was spent standing strong against the shockwaves, and even if an energy blast could take Tyson out, the mech couldn't move its arms to aim. It was as she considered this that something clicked in her head.

This is a job for a girl, not a robot.

Tyson raised his free hand and held it out towards the mech as well, increasing the intensity of the shockwaves and further peeling away Oberon's energy shields. But as he did this, the mech's back opened and the girl within jumped out, dropping down between its legs and holding out one hand towards the Black Apostle. Not spotting her in time, Tyson could only watch as the tables turned on him: even though there was no one near him, his throat suddenly felt as if it was being crushed, and the man's hands instinctively went to it, releasing Oberon from it's assault.

Without missing a beat, Alexis pulled her hand back, the man being suddenly pulled across the air towards the girl in response to the gesture, while the mech sidestepped to allow him to reach its master. As Tyson reached her, she delivered a devastating rocket-powered kick to his midsection, sending him flying up a few feet into the air. Immediately after striking, she pointed a hand towards him, and two shock darts quickly shot out of the wrist-mounted launcher, sending enough electricity into him to knock him out cold.

He was unconscious before he even hit the ground, and before the inmates could make sense of the fact that their leader had been knocked out by a five-foot tall teenage girl, she flew up into the air, glaring down at them. With a mental command, she made Oberon rocket forward, knocking aside several criminals before coming to a stop in front of the hole in the wall which the inmates were using to escape, an imposing mechanical warden that few would challenge.

"Nobody else leaves!" The girl roared.

In response, the eight or so inmates remaining around the cell block entrance prepared to fight for their freedom. One of them fired off three spikes from its fingers towards Alexis, which harmlessly bounced off against her personal force field. Another, a man with a bleeding arm, suddenly turned into a humanoid creature made out of stone and pressed his arm against the wall - the cracks that were around the wound on his arm healed as the area of the wall he had touched degraded. A third pressed his hands into the ground, and three circular sections of the ground suddenly began glowing red; each began moving towards one of the three teens that stood on the ground. Angelica noticed one of them approaching her and jumped away at the last moment, just in time to avoid a sudden explosion that, while not very powerful, might have thrown her off balance and left her vulnerable.

Another of the inmates suddenly fell on his knees, his form contorting as he transformed into a large humanoid bear that charged the teens. Two more, twins judging by their look, began a complex and ridiculous-looking procedure where one of them quickly disassembled the other and hurled the disembodied parts at the teens with precision: a hand managed to grab Alexis' leg and began trying to pull her down, while the head latched onto Yoshi, biting down hard on her arm. The seventh inmate pulled out a toothbrush that had been turned into a shiv; it suddenly grew in his hand until it was about the size of a spear, and he brandished it as he charged towards the teens. The last of the lot, calmer than his comrades, simply pulled out a gun and aimed it at Jason before pulling the trigger. Instead of sending out a lead bullet, what came out of the cannon was a massive fireball.

Oh my god this is one huge fucking mess of a fight. Alexis thought as she tried to shake off the hand clasped around her ankle.
Last edited by Zarkenis Ultima on Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hello! I'm your friendly neighborhood roleplayer cat. If you need any help, send me a TG and I'll see what I can do!
P2TM Community Discussion Thread

The Rebel Alliances
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Rebel Alliances » Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:17 am

Scott Green-Wonder Tower-July 30th

That was not what I was expecting. Rather than the pink haired Ecuadorian girl I had come to be familiar with I saw a girl whose raven hair cascaded down to her hips with a somewhat awkward smile on her face. For a moment I thought that I must have had the wrong room, but as she greeted me the pieces began to fall into place. She gave a fairly winded greeting as she jogged my memory of us meeting and now that she brought it up I do remember her. She also mentioned that Renata had to leave suddenly for urgent matters.

Yeah, I am sure she did.

She then surpirsed me by mentioning that she planned to stop by her favorite comic book and manga shop. No kidding. I am kinda impressed. Although by now it is fairly obvious that Renata was setting us up. Why, I have no idea. All I can think of is that for some reason she does not want to see me with Shi, she was not really supportive about the idea. Listening to Elle talk about her ride was amusing, I do remember her entrance during the birthday party preperations. That stunt made her infamous.

Elle then leaned up against the door as she asked my preference between Asimov and Heinlein. Which again, was another surprise. People know their works more than them these days.

"Asimov, but to be honest I am a George Lucas fan at heart. Also, pleased to meet you without your...other outfit. The whole Shadowkill thing really painted a very different picture of you. Guess you get that a lot though." I then took a moment to really notice her clothes, which were indeed a far cry from what I remember her wearing, Renata must have had a hand in this.

The combination of a white blouse, denim mini skirt with brown short boots really gave a casual impression, I was now glad I did not over dress for the occasion.

"You look nice by the way, Elle." I told her noticing her light make up. Again, not sure if that was her doing or Renata's. I honestly did not get telling girls they look nice all the time though, I mean, on dates like this they prepare hours in advance. They know they look nice. But I guess it's nice to be told. I get that way with my art sometimes.

I took a step back to offer Elle some room to enter the hallway.

"By the way, I would love to stop by the comic store. I haven't had a chance since getting back on Earth. I have a lot of catching up to do. Are you going for anything in particular?" I asked genuinely curious. Just knowing we had a shared interest already made starting conversation easier. At this rate, it should be easy to have a good time on this 'date'. As long as we keep things light, casual and fun it should be just fine. Besides, I shouldn't get my hopes up. After all, It looks like Renata put her up to this, so who knows if she will even want to hang out again? Either way though, this date seems to be off to a good start.

The Starlight wrote:Rebel Force: Noun - A strange power associated with street-level characters who are the weakest, yet most powerful of all.

Absolon-7
Diplomat

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Absolon-7 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:19 am

Dead silence saturated the air outside the Warwolf base where Viviana and Renata stood sans for the far off hustle and bustle of the rest of the city and the far off murmurs of the conflict inside the base which worried her but she had to stand watch here since the teammate who was supposed to be here well wasn't. Circumstances so far had not been that bad as worst she had to deal with were those two Warwolf soldiers just seconds ago. The coast looked clear for now as a panting Viviana glanced around the area. She'd actually gone and done it. She, Viviana Couture, had went along to fight the law of the city and now who knows what would happen. Maybe things would blow over and somehow work out happily ever after, at least for a time. Maybe things would go south really, really fast and the law would come them all the day after. No, no she couldn't think that way. She didn't want that possibility to be true. She leaned her waist back and sat on railing. Her hands gripped the painted over metal with its coldness pressing on her skin.

"So how have you been doing recently? Still... hanging out with Casimir, I presume?"

Viviana turned her head upwards suddenly to face Renata at her sudden question. "Oh you betcha. Other day we went to the mall to go buy stuff to make pastries. We even passed by a petshop! The kitties in the window were so cute!"

"What are you talking about, Stella? We took care of most of the threats outside before even going in! And why the hell isn't Shadowkill with you?"

"Chicle reporting in. Shadowkill and Hechicero teleported somewhere else and left her alone so I stuck with her. Chicle out," responded a tired Viviana in defense of Renata into the team comm link to Alexis. With her free hand she flipped one the braids of hair resting on her shoulder to cool herself down. Viviana beamed at Renata before she added an addendum to her earlier statement, "But I've been mostly nervous the past few days about this mission. Kinda new to this whole shebang."

Zarkenis Ultima
Post Czar

Democratic Socialists

Postby Zarkenis Ultima » Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:17 am

August 1st

Finland SSR wrote:---

North America Inc wrote:---

As she waited for Shi to lead the way back to the rest of the team, Kiris instead felt the other girl grabbing a hold of her shoulder. Tilting her head, she listened to the other girl explain that she would need something, before revealing a pair of familiar objects: she had used similar earbuds and microphones on previous missions ever since Alexis had created them for the raid on San Pharmaceuticals. Carefully picking them up, she quickly put the accessories on; for a moment, she wondered if it would be a good idea to call the team, let them know that she was fine and that Shi had found her, but she decided against it. If it had been a good idea Shi would've probably done it already, and she didn't want her words to distract her teammates when they were in such a delicate position.

Her attention went back to Shi as she unclipped a gas mask from her belt and offered it to her, saying that Warwolf was using gas to contain the prisoners. The alien girl's thoughts flashed back to the last training session she'd participated in, where Red had deployed tear gas against her - the thought of the ginger boy brought a scowl to her face, and then guilt to her mind, knowing that he was likely aiding in her rescue in some form or another. Regardless, the experience hadn't been pleasant, and after taking the mask that was offered to her, she glanced back at Jan. Would his constructs protect him?

I'll just have to do it myself if not. She decided before donning the mask. She was about to address Shi, but before she was able to, she heard approaching footsteps. Just like Shi, she hid within the cell until the four soldiers in power armor had passed. Once the danger had left, Shi used the comm link to address Cassandra, and the words she spoke filled her with concern. Free Ash? What happened? Did she get caught while trying to help me...?

But before she could sink further into guilt, Shi informed her that it was time to leave. With a nod, Kiris began following the idol, though not without first turning around to answer Jan's question, with just two words.

"Young Bloods."
Last edited by Zarkenis Ultima on Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hello! I'm your friendly neighborhood roleplayer cat. If you need any help, send me a TG and I'll see what I can do!

The Rebel Alliances
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Rebel Alliances » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:22 am

Jill Colson/Peacekeeper-Residential District-August 1st, 2017-9:47 PM

I pulled the car into the drive as I finally made it back home. I am going to have to pay the baby sitter for overtime for staying this late. With a weary sigh I opened the door as I approached the front door, opening it up Rebecca, the baby sitter, was sitting on the couch watching some new reality show with the volume turned down. She quickly noticed me appear and flipped the tv off and stood up. She was a nineteen year old college student, and has been very dependabe so far. She made eye contact with me through her chestnut colored eyes and brushed her almond hair out of her eyes. "Stanley went to bed almost an hour ago, he wanted to stay up untill you got home though...-" She then noticed the bruise on my face and busted lip. "Are you ok?" I answered as I pulled a hundred dollar bill from my wallet. "Yeah, hazards of the job. Thanks for staying two hours late tonight." Rebecca took the money and stashed it in her front pocket. "Sure, no problem. I'll be back Monday." She informed me as she exited through the front door, leaving me alone in the living room for a few moments as I stood there by myself. Finally, I forced myself to move as I stepped through the hallway passing by Stan's room. Stopping just past it as I noticed that it was slightly ajar. Pausing for a moment I then slowly opened the door and peeked in. Seeing Stanley in the covers on the bed on his side facing away from the door.

"Want some pizza bites?" I asked to no answer.

"OK, well I am going to make me some pizza bites so..." I informed him, knowing he was awake. I began to step away towards the kitchen.

"You were late..." I stopped to listen as Stanley continued speaking from his bed.

"I hate it when your late..." I don't really know what to say. I know whenever I am late he stays up, worrying if I will ever come back.

"I know." I responded, as Stanley threw the blankets off and scurried to the doorway and embraced me. Tears in his eyes.

"What if you never come back, mom?" I threw my arms around him as he held me and placed my lips right next to his ear. Speaking softly.

"I will always come back for you. I promise." There were no other words exchanged for several minutes, as I simply held onto my child, comforting him until he was ready move on. Finally, he started to pull away from me, and wiped the tears from his eyes.

"Now what about those pizza bites?"

Old District-2:35 AM-August 2nd, 2017

After sharing a bag of pizza bites with Stanley and talking for an hour at the kitchen table he finally was able to go back to bed. As for myself, I had managed a nap before I had gotten myself back up and in a different sort of uniform. I was now dressed in a blue and black kevlar weave suit which was known as Peacekeeper to the city. Armed with my standard loadout of a 9mm loaded with tase bullets as well as a grapple gun and extendable bo staff along with smoke and tear gas bombs along with other tools whith law enforcement origins. The reason I was here in the Old District was because I have a contact in the local Bratva. And ever since this Outrider mess started, he has been mysteriously quiet about everything. So, I think it's time to pay him a visit.

The trouble was that WW was attacked earlier by what I imagine were the Young Bloods, retaliation over the arrest of one of their own. Apparently there was effort to disguise their efforts but even if I wasn't a detective it would not be a hard conclusion to reach. They did after all have a very public showing of displeasure with the arrest of one of their own and their recent efforts of trying to work together at the Wonder Foundation. I was conflicted about the whole debacle. I don't trust Warwolf, and I believe that the Young Bloods intentions are in the right place.

But the fact that they are willing to oppose the current lawful enforcers in this city so openly does set a dangerous precendent. After all of this blows over would they do so against the police if need be? Would this be the first and only time? Well, those are questions that will be answered in time. It just worries me. I am already chasing down one group of vigilantes who see themselves as above the law, I don't want that for the Young Bloods. My son admires them after all and...well, so do I. Even if I do hope that when school starts back up they will put their hero activities to the side. For all the good they do, I don't want to see a kid die doing something that he or she should not be concerned with. The Young Bloods should be worrying about their grades, what their friends are up to and who they are taking to prom. It's sad that we live in a world where kids not old enough to drive a car or smoke a cigarette feel forced to take on the burdens of the world like this.

I have been avoiding WW patrols for the last half hour, the good thing about my suit is that it blends in well to shadows, its not flashy or obnoxious in color. My contact is a man named Dmitri Ovirov, a man in his early forties who thinks that I do not know his hiding places when he is trying to avoid me. He is a fairly high member, so he is no doubt going to have a few guards. He likes to frequent a high class strip club where he enjoys private shows and cocaine. There is a hotel next to it and alleys behind the establishment. He doesn't enter through the front, he prefers having his car parked in the alley way. This leaves me with a good vantage point over the alley he had his car parked with me kneeling on the fire escape of the hotel next door.

A stake out.

God I hate doing this, the cop shows always make it look fun, but nine out of ten times you never see anything and go home cramped up. But, in this case I know that our guy is in there, and I know he has to leave sometime. And for his sake, he should do so before my son needs to wake up.

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:58 am

Vanquaria wrote:

A Strong One Has Appeared
1 August

The Great Floyd Tolson!

August 1st

The response which Floyd received to his inquiry was nothing which the British swordsman might have expected - and he had a lot of possible outcomes listed in his mind already. Bu did not boast about his ability. Bu did not deny his connection to the King of China in a thinly veiled attempt to protect his other identity. Bu did not acknowledge him as a respectable peer much like Floyd had just done. Bu did not suddenly lash out at him and force a fight between them. No, the attention of the bald martial artist was solely on the purple-haired girl he held by the neck.

Floyd slightly tilted his head, though his smile remained. So he is worried about the girl? Not what I assumed a master of the bloodsport scene to open with... but you know what they say about first impressions.

Don't trust 'em, ya wanker.

"Tsk, tsk, tsk. I'm sure you know how hostage situations work and simply asking the other side to drop the victim ain't gonna solve 'em."

Mizu's faint eyes glanced towards the martial artist at the bottom of the stairs. The usual, happy-go-lucky spark in them was completely gone - hell, the Lunarian heroine was barely able to muster a glare towards her peer in her oxygen deprived state. Floyd, however, did not find the enjoyment in slowly strangling a child to death, so he faintly raised his chin, crimson red demonic energy starting to sparkle around his frame as he did so, and continued:

"Buuut, since you're the King and you surely love the challenge, I'll just-"

Floyd's arm suddenly tossed Mizu into the air, the heroine screaming as she soared several meters above, almost touching the ceiling, across the corridor. Before she was able to complete her arc across the air, however, the swordsman suddenly sprung into action - he deactivated all of his senses aside for sight, limb position and balance, empowering all three of them to massively superhuman heights and locking his senses on Bu. As Floyd's eyes scanned Bu's bare upper body for weak points such as old scars or gaps between muscles, he pulled out his sword in one swift motion and lunged forward, opening up with a sword pierce towards a gap between the martial artist's ribs while he was, hopefully, still focused on Bu.

Absolon-7 wrote:Viviana Couture August 1

August 1st

"Oh..."

Before Renata could respond to Vivi's standard excited response to anything, this time to her relationship with Casimir, she got suddenly rudely interrupted by Alexis shouting into the extraction team comms, explaining herself by saying that most of the guards by the entrance had been taken care of and thus they were free to assault the base directly. Renata let out a deep sigh, and, as soon as Viviana explained that she stuck with the pink-haired heroine after Tadeo whisked away Elle, she pressed her badge to open up communications as well.

"Most is not an answer, carajo! What if the rest woke up their peers, or attacked us from behind, or, worse, brought reinforcements? We're up against Warwolf here, Alexis, we can't afford this careless behavior!"

She's seen with her own eyes what going up against Warwolf carelessly does to a person. And she's still reaping the consequences, consequences so... frustrating that she had no choice but to vent some of that frustration at someone who may or may not even deserve being shouted at.

I might have made a mistake.

...I'm sure Alexis will understand.

"Yeah, I can't blame you for being nervous, to be honest..." Renata muttered under her breath after Viviana expressed her thoughts on the mission, then once again leaned on a nearby wall, hoping to not get interrupted by team chatter again. Okay, happier thoughts, happier thoughts. "So you say you're doing fine and dandy with Casimir then? You know, I've actually been wondering... what do you-"

Renata stopped for a second, trying to formulate the question in her mind and not sound too offensive while at it.

"...What do you see in Casimir? I-I don't mean to attack you or anything, it's just... you almost seem to be complete opposites from what I've seen of you both."

Segral wrote:Carter Graystone
July 29th

July 29th

Mizu had been looking outside of Casimir's room to scout for anyone who might be getting suspicious of their operation inside - not just the Polish superhero himself, but any other Young Bloods who might be getting an urge of curiosity while passing by - when a voice coming from inside the shower informed her that something was amiss, which got the Lunarian heroine to immediately jump up and run to the source of Carter's voice. And, unfortunately, it turns out that something really was amiss - Carter's hand got stuck inside the gap on the other side of the shower head before he could reach the water tank.

Mizu blinked a few times, unsure on what was the problem, then spoke:

"I mean... if you got your arm inside, couldn't you pull it out the exact same way?"

When it became clear that this was not going to be an option, the Lunarian heroine sighed. Looks like they will need to give poor Carter more encouragement to pull his arm out before he screws up the whole mission.

"Well then... I guess there's only one thing left to do, Carter!"

Mizu raised her hand and shapeshifted it into a giant chainsaw, the blade longer than the girl in height and easily long enough to reach the ceiling of the shower. With a snap of her fingers, the heroine cast an illusion on the blond boy to make him hear a powerful chainsaw buzzing sound, in sync with her starting to swiftly spin the "blade" of the "chainsaw".

Were it to touch Carter's arm, the teenager would feel nothing more than a slightly violent scratch, but hey, he probably doesn't know that and intimidation goes a long way to motivate people to try harder.

"If you can't pull it out, I'm sure you can live without an arm, right?"

New Finnish Republic wrote:
Brianna

Segral wrote:Sir Edward Whilton of York
The Second Crusade

The Mad Lass, Sina As'tari!

August 1st

Sina's time spending the ambush in tranquility on the floor were cut short when Brianna suddenly pulled her up from the ground and gave her a slap straight across her cheek.

"Ow!" the redhead vigilante exclaimed and followed it up with several curses in Dra'Quinni language, and though she couldn't bring herself to retaliate against the Valkyrie in this state, the shock of being slapped meant that she skipped through most of Brianna's presumably inspiring speech. As soon as she let go of Sina, the Dra'Quinni vigilante stumbled back a few steps, desperately trying to remain upright, and finally spoke:

"Go eat a..."

And her body finally gave in.

"...I don't even know..."

This time, it was Edward who took up on the task of disrupting Sina's peaceful open-eyed nap on the ground, by suddenly dragging her by the feet across the floor of the bar.

"Weeee... Ow! Weeee... Ow!" the vigilante would muttered repeatedly, yelping each time her body got dragged through a painful loose nail or a gap in the floor, but waving excitedly at the trip otherwise. "Waagh!" she finished it off with once Edward finally pulled her up over his back, starting to carry her out of the bar while fighting for their lives was taking place all around her.

What caught her attention, however, was Edward referring to her as 'sister Sina'. Normal, sober Sina wouldn't even notice, having already heard plenty of times how the odd scaleless knight referred to all of his fellow Outriders with those prefixes, but that was not going to stop drunk, smashed Sina at all.

"Sister? Brother?" the redhead vigilante exclaimed while resting on Edward's back. "Bro, you came here to save me! Wait, which one are ya? Maen? Ragar? Taz? And why is yer Glamour wearing so much metal?"

North America Inc wrote:
Shihong Smith

Zarkenis Ultima wrote:Kiris

Jan Sorok, the Hero of Poland!

August 1st

Young Bloods.

Moving out of cover which the three of them had snuck into to avoid a Warwolf patrol moments earlier, Jan mulled over the name. That was... not something which the vigilante had heard of ever before. And yet, Kiris spoke it with an unmistakeable aura of hope, uncharacteristic even for someone like her. Was it the name of a some sort of place, or what the people who came to rescue them called themselves as? Jan didn't know. But he was willing to trust Kiris on this one.

The Red Princess - a very odd name for someone to go by, but Jan figured it was a some sort of alias tacked on top of the "Shihong Smith" he heard earlier, much like he had used "Lech", the name of the ancient founder of Poland, before getting arrested - ordered him to stay behind them and watch their back, and as such, the psionic vigilante moved out from the cell last, holding up his construct rapier with both of his hands and focusing both on his normal senses and his telelocation to scout for any threats coming from behind.

Until he remembered that he was the only person in the trio without a gas mask, and the Red Princess had warned them that Warwolf was using tear gas to subdue prisoners. I guess I can...

A psionic construct swiftly built itself around Jan's head, somewhat resembling a fish bowl with its top sealed, and a gap in the front which the vigilante could open or close if necessary. Since there didn't seem to be any gas nearby, the vigilante chose to leave it open for now.

"And... who are the Young Bloods?" Jan muttered, half expecting to receive no answer at all. Kiris was still recovering from her voice being shut down and Shi did not seem to be the type to enter small talk, especially not when they are trying to escape a Warwolf complex.
Last edited by Finland SSR on Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I have a severe case of addiction to writing. At least 3k words every day is my fix.

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

Vanquaria
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Vanquaria » Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:21 pm

Ladies First
1 August

The Bu from years ago would not have given a shit about the Lunarian girl's life that was for sure. Floyd had good reason for assuming that Bu would have focused on him as fellow master of fighting. But the older man was wrong. Bu was not the King of China anymore. No, he had returned to being Bu.

"Tsk, tsk, tsk. I'm sure you know how hostage situations work and simply asking the other side to drop the victim ain't gonna solve 'em."

Bu snarled, not from the statement but from seeing Mizu's eyes grow faint. Despite the pressure-filled situation he was facing, he retained the ability to clearly process everything in front of his eyes. He had already established that Floyd was a master fighter. The grip around Mizu's neck was vice-like, strangling her right in front of him. He had a sword by his side and Bu was well aware of how fast a master of the armed arts could draw their blade.

There weren't many options. The options that he did see all involved him getting hurt. But he steeled his mind. There was something he wanted to protect. And that was a rare thing for Bu.

"Buuut, since you're the King and you surely love the challenge, I'll just-"

The floor below Bu's feet cracked from the sheer power the Chinese teen just released that instant. He went from 0 to 100, his body akin to a guided missile as he traversed whole meters in a blur, good thing he was that fast too for a fraction of a second later the tip of Floyd's blade sliced where he'd just been. His arms easily enveloped the small figure of Mizu, she felt as light and soft as a rubber ball for Bu. His motion did not cease, however. The presence of Floyd behind him had somehow become stronger, overwhelming even. Bu had encountered such auras. They were men you never fight unless you have no other choice.

He sprinted through the corridor and in a single leap reached the ground floor. The building was no place for a fight with Floyd. It was full of incapacitated men and women, he could not risk them getting hurt from the inevitable collateral damage that would result from a showdown between 2 superhuman martial artists. A dark voice entered his mind as he carried Mizu through the Black Apostle's hideout.

What does it matter if those thugs get hurt? Gangsters will always be gangsters no matter what country it is...

He shook away that voice in his head. He was a Young Blood. And Young Bloods don't kill.

Bursting out of the front entrance, the door in torn down on the floor from Bu's initial entry, the bald hero sprinted to the short wall within the abandoned carpark where he had laid his shoes and hoodie in a neat pile. Crouching down, he placed the weakened body of Mizu against the wall.

He placed a gentle hand on her forehead, checking on her pulse. It pained him to see her like this, he'd much rather a knife pierce his heart.

"I'm sorry I couldn't protect you...please rest and recover your strength. I'll take care of him for you," he withdrew his hand and stood up. She was safe. Mizu was safe. But there was no relief for Bu. She'd been hurt by the prick. He would have teach that dude a lesson.

Bu ripped his pants in half, shortening them up to his knees. He stretched his arms and his neck as he strode back to the Apostle's base. He stopped in front of it, standing in the middle of the quiet street, cars around him, their owners laying unconscious inside. He didn't have to say anything. He didn't need to say anything.

William E. Fairbarin, a famous British officer the Fairbairn Sykes combat knife was named after, had concluded from the thousands of combat situations that he'd been in that against a man who knew how to wield a blade, the odds would always be against you. The odds are always directly in proportion to the skills of the unarmed and the armed fighters though it'll always remain the same; a master of the unarmed arts will always lose to an armed master. He'd said that the best defence then would be a chair if there was one. If there wasn't, well, the unarmed fighter was fucked.

But his words didn't apply to Bu.

Extending out his arm and sliding his feet forward on the warm concrete below, he aligned his body in a Wushu stance of balance. He would pay Floyd the respect he deserved as a fellow master through the preferred language of men like them; fighting.
Last edited by Vanquaria on Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Nov 12, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:21 pm

Zarkenis Ultima wrote:High octane super team fight

Mars gave the signal, to which Jason responded by bolting towards the stairs on all fours, leaping off the ground to the side of the wall losing minimal speed. He scurried across the wall at near full speed before leaping off and landing right in front of the door behind his teammate. The pair raced down the stairs, troopers in tow. They were ahead of the soldiers, so the troopers decided to just spray at them in hopes of hitting home. He wasn't sure if they hit him, not that it would have matter if they did, but they got Mars in his arm just as as they made it through the door.

They were met with several more members of their team: Frost Bite, Forge, and Makeshift featuring her mech Oberon, to be exact. The former froze over the door while the latter used his power to reinforce it, keeping the troopers out for a good bit of time. He took a look at the wound, it didn't look too bad, nothing that they couldn't fix, but it would probably hurt until then. Alexis approached them, giving some sort of high end first aid to Mars to make sure he didn't bleed out before they got back. "I'd let you borrow Sludge for a minute and let him patch you up, but I've still got those three gunshots in my back and the knife apparently hit my lung. He's the only thing keeping me alive right now." He admitted.

But they still had a job to do. He was gonna make sure Kiris knew that they had taken multiple gunshots and a knife for her. She had damn good friends, and a very good team. The seconds that it took to help out Mars was pretty much their only break, and they had to keep moving. However, things took a turn for the grisly, as they rounded a corner to see a good number of troopers who had been massacred. He didn't really care for Warwolf that much, but they certainly didn't deserve to be torn to shreds like that. The group responsible was several D-list super criminals. And Maybe a C-lister who was blasting shockwaves at Alexis. Another with some sort of power that made things bigger, and armed with a shiv the size of a spear. A pair of twins that could take themselves apart and the limbs could still move.

And one who had a gun. He scoffed, a gun? He just fought a whole squad of people who were trained and had much bigger ones than a dinky handgun. Jason's confidence quickly shattered when the gunshot turned into a big ass fireball. Sludge, thankfully, wasn't dumbfounded like his host was, shooting several tendrils out of the side of the pair's body and yanking Jason aside so the fireball missed. "What the fuck kind of shitty ass power is that?" He hissed.

"The one that will probably kill us both if you get hit. Your wounds aren't fully healed, so don't. Also, if you say "I told you so," I'll eat your liver and both your kidneys." Sludge replied. "Now get in there."

"Right!" Jason shot back, regaining his composure, though he'd be lying if he said he didn't feel a little scared. The normal signs of fear weren't there, Sludge was keeping everything from spiking too high so that Jason could work better and he didn't have to worry about too much stress, but there was the mental doubt lingering. If they got hit, Sludge wouldn't be able to fix himself and his wounds at the same time. He'd either bleed out or get the same treatment as the troopers did.

There was a hope spot or two, the guy likely had a limited amount of ammo, probably had no powers to defend himself at extremely close range, and was presumably human otherwise. "Alright murdering shitbag." Jason called out to his target. "Can't say I'm a fan of these jerks, but you're really only proving them right by doing... This." He pointed to the dead soldiers. Man, was he glad Sludge was suppressing a lot of his instincts, otherwise he'd be pretty disgusted.

"These fuck faces asked for it. Everything was great until they showed up and started lockin' people up. Yeah, fuck that. These fuckers think they can push us around and that we're gonna sit down and take it? Besides. They shoulda seen this coming. We're easily worth dozens of them."

"Eh. You're probably worth... Maybe one and a half. Two if you're really lucky-" The man shot at Jason, who was already moving and shot a few strands of gunk to the ceiling, pulling himself up.. The fire blast scorching the area where he was standing. "Oooo... You do not like people making fun of that shitty power do ya?" He taunted. "Look at me! FIRE GUN!" He jumped right as he finished, another fire blast smashing into the ceiling, this time it was a little closer. Jason shot a strand and flung himself onto a nearby wall.

"Says the guy who looks like infected dick cheese." He shot back, training his gun on Jason, but not firing. The slimy motherfucker was trying to get him to waste his ammo. "S'matter tough guy? Scared of a little fire?"

"Not really." He bluffed. "More afraid of you hitting my team. Cause if I'm being honest, your aim is..." He made his hand flat, tilting it side to side, the universal sign for "meh." He was already had shot a strand to relocate, but just as he was about to fling himself, the fire blast flew across it, incinerating the connection, causing Jason to land on the floor. "Huh..."

"Figured out your little trick. I'm a lot of things, stupid ain't one of them."

"Says the guy who wound up in jail by these losers..."

"Heh, yeah." He replied, keeping the gun on Jason. "But I figured you out. You talk shit, and then run away so I miss a shot. But you always use that gunky shit to do it. Judging from the fact that your slimy ass is on the floor instead of the wall, I think I'm right."

"Congrats. You're slightly more intelligent than the average chump I beat up." Jason admitted. Turns out, having a crappy power forced you to be a little more skillful and intelligent in it's use. The guy was down three shots however. Though he hoped to get him to waste a few more before he had to switch tactics. "Hey buddy. Remember how you said we had a little reserve gunk? I think I found how we're gonna use a little bit of it."

"I see. He's pretty quick on the draw, get a little closer. Also, still don't get hit."

Getting closer to the guy who could kill him in one shot seemed to be pretty stupid, but he needed to be taken out so they could leave. "Alright then. Let's kick this up a notch." He shot two strands at opposite sides of the wall, and Fire Gun shot the one on the left, letting Jason fling forward using the right, rapidly closing the distance. Fire Gun panicked, firing another shot at Jason, who had already leaped and landed a good ten feet in front of him. The gun wielding man immediately kept the gun locked on Jason. "You even think about moving, and your ass is glass. You hear me you slimy fuck?"

Jason put his hands up, almost causing the jumpy gunman to fire. "Yeah... I screwed the pooch on this one." With incredible speed and precision, A glob of gunk shot out from Jason's hand, sticking to the gunman's face, covering his eyes. He panic fired the weapon, shooting fire balls, pretty much everywhere Jason wasn't. Jason dash over and struck the gun super in the face. An audible crack could've been heard as the super's nose shattered. Jason swatted the gun out of his hand with his left and drove his knee into the super's gut, knocking the wind and fight out of the guy. To ensure that he wouldn't be getting back into the fight, he stepped on the gun, destroying it.

"One down, many more to go...."

Indo-pasif archipelago
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 12, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby Indo-pasif archipelago » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:21 am

The Republic of Atria wrote:Wyatt

Wyatt had stated that fighting would be the best course of action. And he was not wrong. We needed the Warwolf to focus on us. What's better way to do that than to send some of their soldiers on a trip to hospital? I was hoping to discuss a proper plan first before we continued the fight, but the truckload of troops Red mentioned had arrived for us. "Alright then," I pulled out my shotgun and hold it with my right hand. "Fighting it is."

I felt my body tensed as I went through various scenario on how to defend our position. Wyatt had given me some time to think by jumping down at the incoming troops. How could we keep their focus on us? It's not just enough that we keep them occupied. We should also tried to get as many Warwolves chasing our tails as much as possible. But we were just a boy and a dragon. It's not like we were the Cabal who managed to push Warwolf to put their attention on them.

That was when a very bright, and very stupid idea came to my mind.

I sled down the stairs at the backside of the building trying to get on the ground. For my idea to work I would need to alter the settings of my runes. The hard part was to do that without getting anyone's attention. Seemed contrary to what I said earlier, but I was sure it could work. Somehow. I maintained a connection to the wards on my back. The runes written on my jackets glowed a little bit before it became blurry, lines and letters shifted and obscured one another. Between the battle and the ignorance rune I cast, nobody should give a damn about me running between the alleys.

"Dragon," I whispered to Wyatt through our communication line. I dared not to speak our real names in fear that one of these soldiers accidentally heard it. "Could you keep our guest entertained for some more minutes? I have " an idea but I need you to keep them occupied." I didn't bother to wait for his reply. Instead I bolted towards my hidden rune stash, across the street, with Wyatt and the Warwolves throwing their weights between me and my destination.

I ignored the battle raging within metres from myself and focused on altering my runes. The first runes were located near a dumpster and I had not much problem working on it. Using a small knife I etched more symbols into the metallic rune-plate. I also drew the symbol on my palm with a Sharpie. With a surge of my willpower, the two symbols reverberated in sync with each other. I rechecked the runes and debugged the lines of codes in my tab a couple times, making sure that they would work the way I intended, before I went for the other runes.

I repeated the same processes with the next sets of rune, before one of the soldiers almost noticed me. The runes on my jacket flared up, and before he could act his attention was taken by the bigger fight between his comrades and Wyatt. I let out a relieved sigh, and continued with my plan until every runes I had set within the blocks were connected to one another, not unlike an array of computers synchronized with one another.

After the runes were all set up, I calibrated my voice comm with my tablet. I cut my palm with my knife and used the spilled blood to cast a protection rune on both of my forearms. While I did not actually need to draw it with blood, the symbolic value would really help with the effectivity of the spell. With a surge of will I turned off the runes on my jacket and with another will I command the runes, written with my own blood, to come to life.

I stepped into the street, the air filled with grunts and warcries as men fight the beast that is my friend. I took a deep breath, prayed that this plan would worked, and flicked my hand.

Emerald flame erupted from the alleys beside me and blocked the street from both direction. Its heat and light, imaginary as it was, could not be unnoticed by the soldiers. They were perplexed enough by it to stop their fight for a minute. I moved through the wall of fire, holding the pain by focusing on the fact that they were but false sensations, and faced the stunned soldiers. I shouted at them. It came out like a bellowing cry, and I could see the windows vibrated slightly because of it.

"O Warwolves," I spoke with my rune-amplified voice. "Thou Have Held This City Under Your Iron Grip For Long Enough. Your Debt Has Reached Its Due, And Now We Will Pay You Back!" Some of the infantrymen looked intimidated by my act. One person, most likely the captain of that particular task force, remained calm and simply spoke to their radio. Looking at me, they gestured to their cronies and in the next second bullets started to rain from the sky above. I shielded myself with my arms. When it touched one another, a scarlet shield appeared in the air, protecting me from the bullets hail. It went on for a good minute before they had to stop to reload their weapons.

I used the chance to pull another trick out of my bag. I pointed at one personnel and hissed at her "Be Still." A flash of light jumped out of my hand, striking her and paralyzed each of her muscles. She went down immediately, limbs still frozen in position she assumed before I hit her. I shifted my hands toward the rest of the Warwolf legion and bellowed a challenge to them.

"I Fear Not Thy Leads Nor Metals, For I Am Beyond Them." I walked slowly towards them and they all reflexively aimed their gun at me. I was not worried they would see my face as the bright flame was behind me and all they could see was my barest figure and unrecognizable face covered by the shadow. "Called Thy Allies, Let Them Come Here. Know That Judgement Hath Come Upon The Warwolves!"
I picked the Anarchist Hog

Zarkenis Ultima
Post Czar

Democratic Socialists

Postby Zarkenis Ultima » Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:16 pm

July 26th

Aidannadia wrote:---

"What the hell is 'pulling a Snowden'?" The woman asked after watching Aleta growl, curse and then wander off to eat whatever she could find.

"Beats me." Icarus shrugged. "Don't pay it any mind. Grumpy over there just likes feeling like she's smarter than everyone around." He stated, pressing his index finger against his temple and making little circles around it. He wasn't sure that the help Aleta provided justified having to put up with her, especially when, barring the wave of pitch that kept the Fenris Wolf busy, her performance had been less than stellar. With a sigh, the boy decided that it wasn't worth it to worry about it now. He was already in this mess, after all. I sure hope she doesn't text me when I'm busy again, though. My face still hurts...

When Aleta returned to the group, scissors in hand, the vigilante and the defector listened to her, albeit the former didn't think she was adding anything that they didn't already know.

"Right, right, we need to go incognito, scissors, I get the idea." Eliza replied, making the exact same gesture Aleta had used before. "Get on with it."

Icarus snickered at the retort, though he also looked at the blonde girl with some concern. He wasn't quite certain, but she didn't seem all there.

"Patrol incoming." The blond boy told his charge and his accomplice as he gestured for them to follow him around the corner before they were spotted. One of the advantages of his powers was that, when not using his constructs, he could easily tell when electricity-powered artifacts approached, including cars, and in the past weeks he had come to memorize the specific feeling that accompanied Warwolf's patrol vehicles.

"Handy." The defector commented as she turned to follow him, doing her best to conceal her slight limp as she leaned on Icarus for support - for the time being, the wound on her leg was concealed by Blackout's cargo pants. Her hair had been trimmed to a shorter length and temporarily blackened with some of Aleta's black pitch.

That's going to be a nightmare to wash.

"How far is your hideout again?" The boy asked, glancing at Aleta.

Segral
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 06, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Segral » Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:01 pm

Carter Graystone
July 29th

Mizu soon came into the room, apparently bewildered and oblivious as to the nature of Carter's predicament. She just didn't understand! It wasn't like he could just pull it out. His arm was pinned underneath the tubing of the shower over top, and it wasn't a very big hole to begin with, so he couldn't pull it out. All this dye wasn't making it any easier. What did she think he had been trying for the last two minutes, sitting there patiently waiting for his arm to magically slide out? Casting a magic spell?! LUBING IT??!!

"I'm TRYING!" Carter hissed, yanking a couple more times to emphasize his point. Only this time, he felt something pull pretty badly, and some sharp pains began to jut at the sides of his wrist. "It hurts and I can't get it out! And there's coloring all over my hand, and...goddammit, GET ME OUT OF HERE!" he nearly shrieked, wildly brandishing with his other arm closed in a fist.

Luckily, she was agreeing to help him...what?! CHAINSAW! NO NO NO, THEY WEREN'T IN TEXAS! Not the chainsaw! Anything but the chainsaw! That shit was bigger than her, and it buzzed and moved! LOUDLY AND QUICKLY! Jesus help him, by the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost!

"ARE YOU CRAZY!" he yelped, now yanking as hard as he could. She was absolutely insane, she was crazy! She was a lunatic! Why did he agree to this?! Clearly, her affiliations with the "Moon" had sent her brain into outer space! He needed to pull out now, or his arm would get sliced and diced to pieces!

Now frantic, he began tugging as aggressively as he could as the chainsaw dropped lower and lower. He could feel the tube shifting a bit, but he needed to squeeze the wide part of his hand out. Twist a bit, slide, sliiiide, SLIIIIIIIDE!

Suddenly, his arm yanked free with the bottle still in his grap, sending him stumbling backward and crashing against the wall of the shower with a loud thump. His hand stung like crazy, and there was dye all over it, giving it a very lukewarm and somewhat wet feeling, not unlike that of blood. Didn't exactly help that the food coloring looked a lot like blood, as was advertised at the grocery store. Oh, and the FRIGGIN' CHAINSAW WAS STILL RUNNING!

"Oh heeeeeell, no!" he yelped, backing away and out of the shower, practically cartwheeling over himself. "I'm leaving this up to you, mmkay?! You have weird shapeshifting shit, and my arm is too short to reach the tank. Just shapeshift your arm to be all long and skinny and crap, and I'll keep watch outside, alright?!"

August 1st

And the combo of the year goes to...CARTER GRAYSTONE AND HARLEY...DOG! Just seconds after Carter launched the poor Warwolf officer high into the air, Harley manically leapt up with an authoritative bark and a whole lotta bite, grabbing his frisbee in the air and launching that sad sack of shit right through the window with his comrade, lapping up all that spilt coffee and donut dust. Ha! Take that, motherfuckers! The crash was practically ear-splitting, and any patron that was dumb enough to stay inside was soon evacuated out, as pedestrians ran in all directions, screaming their little heads off. Honestly, it was kind of cathartic to just let loose and beat up the Warwolf officers, live a villain life, finally execute some justice in some weird, twisted way. Maybe Alexis was on to something with her whole shtick. He hadn't spoken to her in a while. Hopefully, she was okay, but knowing Alexis, she was probably drunk off her ass on Bacardi in some garage somewhere, living it up. She'd be fine.

However, shit was hitting the fan. Much to Carter's surprise, Red suddenly crackled to life over his intercom, yelling about...Juggernauts coming their way! Pound the alarm boys, time to pull out! Cheese it, it's the fuzz! Ah, bad 80's action movies were the friggin' best! Casimir and Harley were doing their best to keep the Jugs back, with Casimir dropping goopy shit all over the road, and Harley doing that sonic bark thing he had done at the park, only this time loud enough to shatter some windshields and windows...and Carter's eardrums. Regardless, it worked, as it buffeted the soldiers back quite a bit, earning them precious seconds.

"GOOD BOY, HARLEY!" Carter cried, saying his first words since arriving on the scene. "THIS IS WHY I PICKED YOU UP FROM THAT PARK, WAIT UNTIL ALL THOSE DISBELIEVERS HEAR ABOUT THIS!" he screamed with glee, maniacally laughing before performing an epic leap, jumping on top of the roof of a parked car. The impact was so hard that it practically bent the roof inward, cracking the sun roof and leaving a good overall scrape on the paint job. Hey, that was pretty fun! Maybe he could do this while scramming with Harley and Casimir. He jumped across the street, this time landing on a parked van, this time with the sunroof perfectly exposed. Bracing himself, he smashed right through the sunroof, falling inside the cushy leather seats of the minivan with a slightly painful thump. Looked kind of a like a Dodge, probably something for a family. Ah well, he'd reimburse the damages...somehow. Charging up in his hands, he squinted in concentration, forcing the air molecules around him to pack together, increase in pressure. Before, he would struggle with something like this, but now, it was coming to him in seconds.

The door blew off its hinges as the pressurized blast of air knocked the door loose, sending it skidding across the street. The alarm was only adding to the cacophony and racket, the screams. Oh, those screams. The boombox in Casimir's clenched hand was now blasting another tune, this one much louder and aggressive. Perfect. Just perfect. Maybe he would give the Warwolf guys another present. A bike was parked in one of those weird gray bike rails, perfect opportunity for just a small projectile sling. Hopping on top of the van, he picked up the bike with a gust of wind and flung it in the direction of the Warwolf jugs, not even watching long enough to see if it connected. Without haste, he was jumping away, smashing cars in the process.

Life was sweet.
Last edited by Segral on Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yea bro idk

Tomia
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 13, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Tomia » Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:08 pm

Zarkenis Ultima wrote:Prison Fightttttt!

Angelica followed Alexis and Jason into the prison area of the buidling and the sight was grim. The team was struggling with the other prisoners who had held there, many of whom had already attacked Warwolf agents. Frost Bite focused in on her task and started analyzing her opponents. One had an unusual magic based power that allowed him to send exploding circles at an opponent through the ground. Angelica saw this first hand when she barely managed to dodge his first attack in time. She spent a moment dodging his attacks one after another while she thought of a strategy to deal with him. It was obvious to her that running straight at him was a good way to get herself killed and things were too chaotic to risk a projectile attack. So she had to find a way to get close without touching the ground...

Just then an idea popped into her head. It was risky and something she had only practiced a few times, but it seemed like her best shot. She reached out her arm and prepared a blast of ice but she wasn't aiming at her opponent. Instead she aimed her blasts at the walls of the prison. She blasted a horizontal patch of ice against the wall and immediately jumped upon it. Just as her left foot connected on the ice, she blasted another patch higher up against the wall. She continued this until she was almost directly above her opponent, being careful of every step and making sure not hesitant. Finally she gripped her batons and dropped down.
The criminal stepped aside as she landed and tried to put distance between the two of them so that he could attack but Angelica was quick and closed the gap. She grabbed him by the collar and slammed him onto the ground, knocking him out with her baton for good measure.

Just as she had defeated the magic user she was suddenly tackled by the massive prisoner who looked like a bear. He slammed her into the bars of the prison, and tried to smash his massive claws down on her but Frostbite managed to roll away just in time. Frostbite was used to dealing with much larger opponents at this point, but she knew she had to be careful in this fight. People like this were very powerful and even more difficult to hurt. Angelica pressed her batons to the ground and concentrated until the ground immediately around them was covered in ice. The bear criminal attempted to charge forward but instantly slipped and fell on his back. Angelica couldn't help but smile at that despite the seriousness of the situation. She decided she couldnt give him the chance to recover and sprang into action. She jumped onto his chest and slammed her batons into his face. He swiped at her angrily in response, knocking her off and onto the ground. The bear sized convict started to push to his feet and Angelica knew she needed something stronger to beat him. She quickly moved to one of the cells and froze the bottom and top of one of the bars. Once frozen she slammed it with her baton and broke it off from the wall and the ground. With a new weapon in hand she turned to the bear-man and dodged his right handed strike before slamming the metal pole into his head. This dazed him and gave her the opening she needed. She froze his foot to limit his mobility before sliding underneath him and striking up at his chin. The massive man's knees began to give out, and Angelica rolled left just before he collapsed onto the ground.

We need to get moving. We can't let this fight slow us down. She said telepathically to the team.
Last edited by Tomia on Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:57 am

Segral wrote:Carter Graystone
July 29th

July 29th

Watching Carter react to witnessing a massive chainsaw looming over his head was a barrel of laughs and a half. Mizu collapsed on the floor as soon as her blonde teammate finally frantically pulled his limb out of the shower pin, the chainsaw retracting as quickly as it had popped out, and started rolling and laughing. That was priceless!

What was not as priceless, however, was seeing that Carter was not pleased with what had just happened at all. The blonde boy was terrified, angry, frustrated, and what's worse, his whole right arm appeared to be covered in blood. That stopped Mizu's laughing frenzy in a heartbeat, the carefree expression on her face evaporated instantly, and the purple-haired girl swiftly stood up, speaking:

"A-are you okay?! D-did I do something wrong?! I wasn't actually going to-"

Nope, he's gone. He's going to be the one keeping watch from now on, and she's going to be the one who fills up the tank instead. Carter didn't even seem to be all that bothered by all the blood coating his arm... it probably wasn't actually blood, then. Mizu frowned and groaned, then picked up one of the bottles laid down on the ground and made her way towards the hole which Carter had unscrewed earlier.

Why did she hand over this task to that blonde boy instead of doing it herself, when her powers were clearly suited for such a purpose? Mizu picked up one of the bottles of food coloring, opened it, and stretched her arm out into the hole, while a tendril somewhat resembling a periscope shot out from her face, picking up her right eye with it, so she would be able to see what's going on inside while standing on the ground and trying to pour the contents into the tank.

Well...

Carter didn't seem fitting for any other task, right? She was the only one who could unlock the door, and Viv would serve much better to attract Casimir to take a shower while the "blood" is still fresh. And if they're a team, all of them got to do something to help achieve the end result, right?

The first bottle was followed by another, then one more, until they finally used up all of the resources they had brought with them for the mission. There was only one thing left to do to make everything seem seamless.

"Caaaarter! Could ya screw that shower head thing back in?" Mizu exclaimed, her head peeking out from the shower. "And maybe bring a mop while you're at it, to clean all of your 'blood' you splashed on the floor... and I'm sorry for that, by the way."

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

The Rebel Alliances
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Rebel Alliances » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:34 pm

Sebastian/Steel-NPC

Sebastian looked ahead into the distance at the armored figure who approached him slowly, deliberately and with purpose. There was something different about this man. The way he carried himself. The way he walked, the way he said nothing to his comrades around him. All of Sebastian's instincts as a fighter came in and sounded the alarms that this man was on a different level than the common Mafia soldier they have been dealing with. But none of that mattered, because Sebastian had a reason to fight. A purpose. And the will to carry it through, a will as strong as the metallic alloy which covered him. Sebastian knew that Vendetta was still in the bar behind him, and that if he did not stop this man here, she was as good as dead. Retrieving his shotgun he aimed the weapon at the charging criminal and fired a blast. The shot peppered across the target and stumbled him, throwing him back a few paces as he kneeled over a moment as he regained his posture.

And resumed his charge.

Sebastian then turned the shotgun around and held it like a club. As he had fired his last blast from the weapon. Closing the distance between himself and his target he swung wide as the man ducked beneath him and piston punched him in the gut. Sebastian being covered in steel wasn't hurt by the blow, but he was knocked off balance and frankly, well surprised at the speed, power and ferocity of the blow. Even more notable, the man did not seem to break a bone in his hand. Surely his gloves were armored and as Sebastian threw another punch which was easily sidestepped and countered against it became evident that he could not match him. In skill anyways but Sebstian only needed to get ahold of him once, and it should hopefully be enough.

He was off to a bad start however, as a strong punch from Sebastian was countered with his own momentum being used against him as the assailant hurled him into the side of the car. Sebastian's metal frame easily buckled the side of the car in, the driver side window shattering on contact as his head crashed through it.

As Sebastian pulled himself from the car he pondered how he would turn things around. The other mafia soldiers were simply standing to the side, content to watch their superior tear Sebastian apart. The boxing vigilante stood up and faced his opponent. Sebastian wasn't one for brilliant tactics or improvising. No, he would take this fight like every other. And just power through.

Sebastian surged forward in a rush. Throwing piston powerful punches in rapid sucession as he managed to catch his enemy with several strikes, allowing him to get his hands on him and then force him to the pavement in a brutal throw. Not relenting for a moment Sebastian cascaded upon him with blow after blow, not easing up for even an instant. Sebastian saw the glint of the knife in the darkness, but he ignored it. It was an act of desperation from the assassin. There was no way a blade like that could penetrate his armored body.

Then he felt it, a sharp stabbing pain in his left thigh. Sebastian cried out as he stumbled backwards and off of his would be victim. He looked down at his leg, and saw the crimson liquid spill over his metallic skin.

How? What could that knife had been made of?

It didn't matter how. Sebastian had seen the evidence. All that mattered was that it did. He simply needed to deal with the reaility as it was. But that was easier said than done, as the mob assassin stood up himself seemingly no worse for the wear. It was then that Sebastian actually began to feel some semblance of fear. It wasn't the fact that they were surrounded. Nor the fact that this man seemed to have weapons which could bypass somehow his ultimate defense. No...

It was that he never said a word.

Even when he was being beaten, he hardly let out so much as a grunt. But Sebastian could feel it. The flesh beneath the armor. He was indeed fighting a man. And the man never said a word. And that is what scared him so damned much.

Sebastian lunged first, but his new wound made it impossible for him to match his opponent's speed. The mob soldier ducked beneath him and swooped in behind him, gripping him in a hold and shoving the blade between his ribs. Once more, for reasons unknown the blade cut through the defense. Sebastian's mouth began to fill with blood, as his lung was pierced by the blade. On his knees facing the entrance of the bar his final sight would be Vendetta's gutteral scream as his life finally slipped away from him and he fell to the cold wet pavement beneath him. His metal allow finally retreating as the last breaths of life left him.

Nicholas Finch/Smoke-NPC

Nicholas listened to Crusader as he gave a plan of action. Carrying Sina out of here while the rest covered him seemed to be a good plan for now. But it was when he mentioned returning to base that made Nicholas retreat into internal thought for a moment. This whole ambush seemed wrong to him. They were sold out by the bar owner, that much seemed obvious. But, there had to be more to it then that. Did Larry approach the mob on his own for the reward? It was certainly possible, but what if the opposite was true? What if the mob found him? That would mean that they know Vendetta's circle. And they could have gained other leads on the ORs because of it. Then there was the restaurant ambush today, if they knew where to find us, why wait for their own leaders to be attacked and massacred?

Maybe it was because they needed us all in one place. But why not set an ambush at the restaurant? Why do so here? Nick did not have the answers, but he knew that they could not risk going back to base.

"No. Not the base." Nicholas said sharply. He needed to provide some clear direction, as everyone was bound to need some reassurance. Of course, Brianna and Isaac were tearing things up outside, but Catarina, Sina and Crusader needed him here to lead in Vendetta's absense for now.

"Look, we do not know if the base isn't being destroyed right now. We have to escape from here and find some place where we haven't hid before. A new place to regroup and find our bearings. I know of a few ideas." Nicholas then cast his ciragette to the floor of the bar and snuffed it out.

"Crusader, there is a abandoned police station just a few blocks from here. Far enough away to get away from the fighting but close enough so that you can make it while carrying Sina and Catarina. Can Harold handle carrying both of them? Catarina is wounded and Sina is useless right now. I am placing you in charge of ensuring they make it there safely. As for me?"

Nicholas then stepped past Edward and extended the palms of both hands as a hellish flame cackled in both.

"I am going to head out first and clear a path with Shield Maiden and Chameleon. As soon as I give the signal, move quickly." With that said and done, the cursed hacker known as Smoke sulked out the back door and quickly spotted the massive old man which faced him comrades, not able to think of a clever quip he simply cast two volleys of flame at his target while running to take cover near Isaac.

"Glad to see your still able to shoot straight...ish. We are going to clear a path for Edward to get Catarina and Sina out of here, as soon as they are clear we will regroup with Vendetta and Sebastian and get out of-" Nicholas wasn't able to finish, as his words were cut short by none other than Vendetta's own scream.

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Nov 12, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:33 pm

Indo-pasif archipelago wrote:Amir goes Wizard of Oz

Bael threw the truck to the side. Hard enough that it rolled twice before stopping, but not hard enough to cause the driver serious injuries. He got a quick message from Amir, telling him that he needed to buy a few minutes so get could get everything set up. That was something he could do. "Alright then..." He turned his attention to the troopers, quickly trying to think of something Kaban would say. Probably nothing in English, but it didn't matter to them. "Here's how we're gonna do this. Line up for ass whoopings. Single file." He commanded.

His taunt was met with several soldiers shooting him, with remarkable accuracy and controlled bursts. The bullets all struck his body along his chest and shoulders, though sparks flew as they bounced harmlessly off his body. "Hmm." He muttered. "I suppose I should've expected that." Finally putting all that combat practice to the test: Bael shot forward, the pair of soldiers were clotheslines and hit the ground. He tried to avoid putting much power into his strikes, lest he smear the poor bastards. Though he held back a bit too much, as the soldiers were quickly regaining their composure. One had managed to, much to Bael's surprise, jump up and latch onto him, using one of his horns as leverage, and holding his sidearm in his other hand.

Bael was more surprised than anything, and grabbed the man by his leg and tossed him away. This time with a little bit of power. The man crashed into the flipped truck with the audible thunk of metal being bent. By the time he to went to deal with the other one, he had regrouped with several other soldiers. He was about to go ahead and charge them when he heard the words. "Flash out!" The cylindrical grenade found itself right at Bael's feet. He thought fast, covering his eyes to prevent himself from being blinded. The grenade exploded and the sound hit his eardrums hard enough that he tripped and stumbled over himself from the damage to his equilibrium.

He pulled his hands away from his eyes, but couldn't hear a thing aside from the "eeeeeeeeee" of his ringing ears. The dizziness was starting to fade, but not before the soldiers started approaching, one of them holding a pair of power suppressing cuffs. In response, he spread his wings causing the soldiers to hesitate for a moment, but was still much too dizzy to actually fly. Well, there was one other idea he didn't need to be perfectly stable for. A nice yellow glow surrounded his arms, and he focused on the one with the power cuffs who stopped, backing away since his target wasn't as incapacitated as he believed.

In that brief moment of hesitation, the road beneath his feet cracked, creating a hole that he stepped in and fell back, his foot trapped as the asphalt covered up his legs, looking like it was going to progress further. The other soldiers immediately thought about shooting him, though they knew it wouldn't do much, another readied another flashbang. "I'd be careful. I'm still a little, ugh, dizzy. This takes a bit of concentration, and if you hit me with one of those things again, your buddy might get crushed." He spat, finally starting to stop being so dizzy and get his bearings. The troopers had surrounded him in a semi-circle, hesitant. "So here's what I'll do. You all drop your guns and go hide in the truck, Or there's going to be much more where that came from." He threatened.

There were from very tense few seconds, one soldier was about to speak up when Amir stepped around the corner looking... Quite intimidating and acting rather hammy. "You were warned." Bael said matter-of-factly and shrugged, a little smugness on his face. "I'd start running if I were you." To further reinforce that, he took a deep breath and exhaled a massive plume of flame at the soldiers. On top of all the fire Amir spread around, it should be enough to scare them off.

And it did, bar the one trapped trooper who discarded the cuffs. "Hm. Haven't decided what I'm gonna do with you. You know what, send a call in for backup. We'll wait." Bael said, undoing the asphalt around his legs. "Do that for me, and you will go home tonight with all of your body parts intact." This was a pretty stupid idea, and he knew it, but they could move faster than the troops could, and it would be hard to spot them against the night sky.

Hopefully they'd get an update before his mouth kept writing checks his tail wouldn't be able to keep.

Confederation of the Equator
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 13, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Confederation of the Equator » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:37 pm

[minecraft villager sound]
Last edited by Confederation of the Equator on Tue Jul 26, 2022 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
where the fuck is my ground support

Solisian Union
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 22, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Under Fire

Postby Solisian Union » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:50 pm

Under Fire - Catarina Only

What caught her off guard was the screaming of her superior. Of Vendetta. And a Screaming Vendetta, for Catarina, was a sign that things were going badly. Badly enough that Catarina had to do something.

So immediately, with thoughts out of the way and feelings flooding into her, she struggled out of Edward's arms, doing her best to keep quiet as she loosened the bandages around her injuries. She ripped away the ones that covered her arms and threw away the ones that protected her hands. Just as this happened, both her left and right hands began to turn into claws made out of bone.

They are hurting her. They are hurting my companions.

She kicked against being carried, wriggling out towards the action as her bandages were falling apart or were being ripped away by her claws. They grew up to 12 inches this time, her lips moving into a frown. Catarina's eyes were not towards the rest of her Outrider comrades nor to her own body.

But to where she thought Vendetta and Sebastian were.

They're going to kill Vendetta.

She bit on her lip. Some of her wounds opened up. Blood began to flow.

That cannot be allowed. I have to do something. I owe Vendetta.

The Colombian's body began to go into a fever of activity. Bone began to come out of her legs, chest and arms. Also, her claws were starting to twitch. Catarina was tense, irritated and worried. She felt enough to ignite a familiar fire in her heart, a memory that she strove so hard to bury.

She mustn't die here.

And just as she was still struggling against Edward, she had no choice but to push against him and bull her way out into freedom and towards the action, howling like a female hound that has found blood upon the risers. And in addition, one thought remained.

My curse be damned, I must save them! I must help them! I will give my life UP if it means saving their own!
Last edited by Solisian Union on Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
^_^

Absolon-7
Diplomat

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Absolon-7 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:49 pm

Dead silence saturated the air sans for the irregular hum of conflict inside the base and the background white noise of the city surrounding them. Renata did not let a chance go by immediately speaking into the comm device to Alexis in a tone she didn't exactly approve of but it was understandable. Viviana tilted her head slightly as Renata restarted a conversation about Casimir but the sudden cut off in the middle made her raise a skeptical eyebrow. Geez louise. Second person in a week to talk about Casi to me. The heck have ya been doing the past month, boy? thought Viviana. The second half of the pink haired girl's statement might as well been incoming headlights of truck to a deer for how out of the blue it was. Viviana blinked once or thrice as faraway sirens blared as echoes in the wind.

"...What do you see in Casimir? I-I don't mean to attack you or anything, it's just... you almost seem to be complete opposites from what I've seen of you both."

"Oh, wowzers," stumbled Viviana with a slight blush tinting her cheeks. Well if there was any time to discuss her love life might as well be in the middle of a mission. She placed a finger on the corner of her lips as thoughts amassed into her head. "That sure is a toughie to pinpoint. Like yeah he can be an ass and has a head denser then uranium but I guess I saw the gold in him. He likes making you think he's a prickly bush of thorns but he's really just a lamb underneath it all. Although there is a lot of thorns in the way. Back to the point, I'd guess he's the only one who bothers to see me for who I really am. I'm safe with him. When we're together it's our own little world and nothing gets inside. He didn't think of me like a doll like my parents or put me on a pedestal like some other people."

Viviana twirled and end of one of her twin braids around a finger as she took a side glance at the street. "Sorry, if I got all mushy and lovey dovey there." A giggle emerged as she brought her hand back down to the railing. "Ohmygosh did I answer your question? Felt like I was rambling on and on there. Just hard to put emotions to words ya'know."

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse