NATION

PASSWORD

The Thing Below Zero [OOC, Open, Reboot, Sci Fi/Horror]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Knockout Gun Gals
Senator

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Knockout Gun Gals » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:29 pm

Name: Jessica Miller
Role in the Outpost: Doctor
Sex: Female
Appearance:

Bio (at least one paragraph):

Born in Juneau, she had a good childhood, if a little bit too spoiled. Her parents are rich, lawyer and doctor kind. Truth to be told, she felt a little tired with all these spoils and no loves from her parents who were busy with their own activities and occupations. She breezed through the education up until college rather above-average, determined to made her parents at least cared enough for her, but it was never done that way.

Feeling frustrated, she went for college in California, as a graduate in medical. She also worked part-timer as barista, though not for long as she found her new hobby as bartender in a bar that her friend's father owned. She also turned a little bit alcoholic, sadly to say. When she graduated as a doctor, she couldn't put off her alcoholism and it was almost cost her the degree. Needless to say, she turned into a little bit too selfless for her own good, worked at hospital in California for three years, before she applied for a joint service at an outpost in Arctic circle and was accepted.

Perhaps, she could find a solitude of her own here...

Strengths:
- Medical training
- Determination
- Mixing drinks (alcoholic kinds)
Weaknesses:
- Alcoholic
- A little bit too selfless
*Quirks: Always has a booze near her.
*Likes: Beer, alcoholic, the expensive kinds, helping people.
*Dislikes: Selfishness, no alcohol, people surrenders easily.
*Worst Fears: Failed in a medical response.
*Miscellaneous (anything else you’d like to add): She is rather average in combat and has no training in firearms.
RP Examples: Here you go
Last edited by The Knockout Gun Gals on Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:
TriStates wrote:Covenant declare a crusade, and wage jihad against the UNSC and Insurrectionists for 30 years.

So Covenant declare a crusade and then wage jihad? :p

Arengin Union
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 23, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Arengin Union » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:35 am

Main Nation Ministry wrote:Name: Franklin Roberts
Role in the Outpost (Check available Roster list): Security Officer
Sex: Male
Appearance:
(Image)
When not outdoors in the cold, he commonly wears a white dress shirt with a down vest along with jeans. He happens to have a baseball cap that he doesn't wear, though he does have sport socks and leather shoes. At the cold, he has a wool toque with a red leaf symbol, work gloves, a white sweater under an aqua blue ski jacket, cargo pants and insulated boots.
Personality: Franklin is often friendly, depending on his job, where he can get annoyed, if it becomes difficult. He isn't easily paranoid, though he is reluctant to kill, if forced to.
Bio (at least one paragraph): Franklin was born in 1984 to parents who were both alcoholics which led to social services taking him away to foster parents who tried to make him like the outdoors. Eventually, his father taught him to kill a deer which made his father proud, believing he is a natural-born killer. However, Franklin stick to being a pacifist after what he had done. The father gave Franklin a dog as a way to forgive him from making him hunt, but the dog dies after running into a path of a car. During high school, he attended a party in the woods where he gets addicted to drugs and he starts an affair with a teacher, which leads to some classmates bullying him. After school, Franklin started shoplifting in the local mall where he meets a woman named Christine who he falls in love with. In an unexpected turn, Christine dies in a car crash with their unborn child which led to Franklin doing alcohol and drugs. In the present day, Franklin Roberts felt he needed some isolation and decided to get a job as a security officer in a remote outpost in the Antarctica. While he was unimpressed to be freezing in the south pole, he felt nothing could go wrong.
Strengths: Franklin has experience to kill, but is a pacifist unless he is threatened or is forced to.
Weaknesses: Franklin is a nervous wreck, coping with his depression with alcohol and drugs, making himself vulnerable and easily caught off-guard.
*Quirks: Addicted to drugs and alcohol, along with Astraphobia
*Dislikes: Lighting/Thunder, Open Spaces, and killing dogs.
*Worst Fears: Franklin hasn't recovered from Christine's death and has nightmares about her appearing as a ghost to haunt him.
*Miscellaneous (anything else you’d like to add): Franklin is a character that was used in another RP which people might know sound familar. His first appearance was in a Last of Us RP, where he played as an escaped prisoner. He would later end up in a second appearance in a RP called Snowflake.
RP Examples: Both here and here.

Accepted.

The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:Name: Jessica Miller
Role in the Outpost: Doctor
Sex: Female
Appearance:
Bio (at least one paragraph):

Born in Juneau, she had a good childhood, if a little bit too spoiled. Her parents are rich, lawyer and doctor kind. Truth to be told, she felt a little tired with all these spoils and no loves from her parents who were busy with their own activities and occupations. She breezed through the education up until college rather above-average, determined to made her parents at least cared enough for her, but it was never done that way.

Feeling frustrated, she went for college in California, as a graduate in medical. She also worked part-timer as barista, though not for long as she found her new hobby as bartender in a bar that her friend's father owned. She also turned a little bit alcoholic, sadly to say. When she graduated as a doctor, she couldn't put off her alcoholism and it was almost cost her the degree. Needless to say, she turned into a little bit too selfless for her own good, worked at hospital in California for three years, before she applied for a joint service at an outpost in Arctic circle and was accepted.

Perhaps, she could find a solitude of her own here...

Strengths:
- Medical training
- Determination
- Mixing drinks (alcoholic kinds)
Weaknesses:
- Alcoholic
- A little bit too selfless
*Quirks: Always has a booze near her.
*Likes: Beer, alcoholic, the expensive kinds, helping people.
*Dislikes: Selfishness, no alcohol, people surrenders easily.
*Worst Fears: Failed in a medical response.
*Miscellaneous (anything else you’d like to add): She is rather average in combat and has no training in firearms.
RP Examples: Here you go

Accepted.

Roster will be updated when I get the chance today.
"I do as I please"
-King Abraham Markev final words before jumping into a cage to fight a lion.

Proud member of the Federation of Allies

Arengin Union
Powerbroker

Postby Arengin Union » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:50 pm

Roster updated. Also added another NPC. Hopefully we see some posts soon. :)
"I do as I please"

Trivolia
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 09, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Trivolia » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:33 am

Looked up and remembered I got a cs already up, just gotta finish! Sorry its taking long, its been really hectic irl lately
"To be protective is not to be corupt; to be rational is not to be cruel and oppressive"
~Honorable dictator of Trivolia

Arengin Union
Powerbroker

Postby Arengin Union » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:39 am

Trivolia wrote:Looked up and remembered I got a cs already up, just gotta finish! Sorry its taking long, its been really hectic irl lately

Do t worry. Take your time.
"I do as I please"

Helowi
Diplomat

Founded: May 20, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Helowi » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:13 pm

Are we allowed to make posts to the IC yet?
Political Compass: Economic Left/Right: -3.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.95
ISideWith 2020 Election Results
https://www.isidewith.com/profile/34439 ... esidential

Arengin Union
Powerbroker

Postby Arengin Union » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:33 pm

Helowi wrote:Are we allowed to make posts to the IC yet?

Of course! Everyone is.
"I do as I please"

Trivolia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Trivolia » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:16 pm

Character is done.
"To be protective is not to be corupt; to be rational is not to be cruel and oppressive"

Arengin Union
Powerbroker

Postby Arengin Union » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:38 pm

Trivolia wrote:Name: George Dicer
Role in the Outpost: Supply Managment (basicially the one who knows where everything is, knows how much of everything is avaliable, and will make reports to send back to mainland, so an adequete amount of supplies can be shipped)
Appearance: (Image)
Bio (at least one paragraph): George was born in a small but Urban community in Ireland, his dad worked in chemical engineering, and his mom was a doctor. George lived a quaint life, he had an average childhood, eventually passing highschool with a B average. It was when he got out of grade school when it became complicated, he simply didnt know what he wanted to do with his life, so for about 6 years he spent his days working in retail and moving from home to home. He eventually returned home to ask his parents for help, and loaning him money, he decided to go to college for resource managment, he had been co manager for a few years at his last job in a small gas station, and found himself good with supply, so it seemed the best logical option. He got out of college after 5 years and, in turn, ended up in the same situation, going from job to job, though he had finally settled down and bought a small plot of countryside land. His job wasnt bad, and he found to like it more and more over time, making good money for something that came easy for him, its what led him to the station, the money, but also the small sense of adventure. He lived all his life in the same placs, this was exiting for him.
Strengths:
-Observant
-Resourcful
-Keen/quick thinker
Weaknesses:
-easily stressed
-doesn't like crowds
-not good with violence (fighting isnt something he does, at all)
*Quirks:
*Dislikes:
*Worst Fears: Death, Spiders, freezing to death.
*Miscellaneous (anything else you’d like to add): Just a minor detail...
When he was 7, his father took him out on a fishing trip,
And he fell out of the boat, sinking, he almost drowned, and was barely saved, he had to rest in the hospital because he had contracted frostbite, and almost had his left hand amputated, but they were able to reverse its affects.

RP Examples: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=428808

Accepted
"I do as I please"

Arengin Union
Powerbroker

Postby Arengin Union » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:11 am

post coming tomorrow to move things along. Hopefully we can get some post soon. You're free to interact with the NPCs as you like to build backstory and such.
"I do as I please"

Arengin Union
Powerbroker

Postby Arengin Union » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:30 pm

So I couldn't get the post up due to IRL issues. But tomorrow if no one has posted I'll post something.

Godspeed.
"I do as I please"

Darksworth
Envoy

Founded: Nov 10, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Darksworth » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:38 pm

Currently making a post, my be delyed later in the day for some real-life issues though
The Commonwealth of Darksworth is a pseudo-steampunk space-faring civilization. With their technology having been acquired by invading a far greater civilization. Due to this peculiar situation, their tech is a mix between pre-industrialized and late-space age.
Technology Level: Tier 4-5: PT/MT
Arcane Level: Level 0-Inept
Influence Type: Type 6-Planetary Politician
Based on this Index
---
Tier: Tier 5
Type: Type IV
Government Size: Superpower
Based on this Index

*Consult me for NS stats via TG*
Working as a Concept Artist, drawing mainly monsters, creatures and maps. Currently living somewhere in Southeast Asia or Oceania, take a guess.
---
In terms of my political stance, I'm Far/Alt-Right. That's legit, I could be categorized as a Technocratic Fascist.

Helowi
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Helowi » Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:33 am

Currently waiting for others to post.

Arengin Union
Powerbroker

Postby Arengin Union » Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:39 am

Darksworth wrote:Currently making a post, my be delyed later in the day for some real-life issues though

Alright. I'll wait a bit.
"I do as I please"

Arengin Union
Powerbroker

Postby Arengin Union » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:35 pm

I suppose I will get that post up tomorrow.
"I do as I please"

Helowi
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Helowi » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:52 am

I’ll try to make a post. Quick question though, what time of day is it in the game?
Last edited by Helowi on Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Arengin Union
Powerbroker

Postby Arengin Union » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:56 am

Helowi wrote:I’ll try to make a post. Quick question though, what time of day is it in the game?

It's about 5 PM
"I do as I please"

Trivolia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Trivolia » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:24 am

I havea bit of time today, so ill try to get a post out!

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:33 am

Arengin Union wrote:
Helowi wrote:I’ll try to make a post. Quick question though, what time of day is it in the game?

It's about 5 PM

5 pm what timezone? I have to be able to have football on.
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Placeville
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Placeville » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:50 pm

Let's hope I got here before the RP was full...

Name: Alexander Hollod
Role in the Outpost: Staff Engineer
Appearance: ImageImage
Bio: Alexander is a very quiet person. Usually preferring his job over human contact, he's always absorbed in his work. Nobody really complains, though. He gets the job done quickly and efficiently, and stays out of the way unless he's been given a job to do. He doesn't show his face much, preferring to wear his strange ski mask most of the time. It's been rumored that he doesn't even have a face, and those who've seen it usually aren't believed. He was drafted to the facility about three weeks ago to replace an engineer that had been infected by some sort of gastrointestinal virus.
Strengths: Engineering expertise, very stealthy.
Weaknesses: Not much combat expertise, hard to communicate with.
RP Examples: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=413173&start=3200
Last edited by Placeville on Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The universe itself keeps on expanding and expanding
In all of the directions it can whizz
As fast as it can go, at the speed of light, you know,
Twelve million miles a minute, and that's the fastest speed there is.
So remember, when you're feeling very small and insecure,
How amazingly unlikely is your birth,
And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space,
'Cause there's bugger all down here on Earth.

My leaders:https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=937571

Arengin Union
Powerbroker

Postby Arengin Union » Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:07 pm

Placeville wrote:Let's hope I got here before the RP was full...

Bio: Little is known about Alexander Hollod. Nobody really cares, anyway. He gets the job done, quick and easy! What more could you want? There couldn't be anything more to him... Could there..?
RP Examples: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=413173&start=3200

Denied.

Expand on the bio and give an actual image of the character as per his face. I understand you're new but surely you can put more effort at doing an app.
"I do as I please"

Placeville
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Placeville » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:39 pm

Arengin Union wrote:
Placeville wrote:Let's hope I got here before the RP was full...

Bio: Little is known about Alexander Hollod. Nobody really cares, anyway. He gets the job done, quick and easy! What more could you want? There couldn't be anything more to him... Could there..?

Denied.

Expand on the bio and give an actual image of the character as per his face. I understand you're new but surely you can put more effort at doing an app.

Yeah, sorry. I haven't really had time to commit to much writing, but I'll be sure to work on it.
(EDIT: Expanded the bio and put in his face. Should be good now... I hope...)
Last edited by Placeville on Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The universe itself keeps on expanding and expanding
In all of the directions it can whizz
As fast as it can go, at the speed of light, you know,
Twelve million miles a minute, and that's the fastest speed there is.
So remember, when you're feeling very small and insecure,
How amazingly unlikely is your birth,
And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space,
'Cause there's bugger all down here on Earth.

My leaders:https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=937571

Helowi
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Helowi » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:39 pm

Sorry I haven’t been able to post. Finals week has been a bit chaotic, I may be able to post later Friday.

Arengin Union
Powerbroker

Postby Arengin Union » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:58 pm

Helowi wrote:Sorry I haven’t been able to post. Finals week has been a bit chaotic, I may be able to post later Friday.

I understand.

I'll get a post tomorrow hopefully
"I do as I please"

Helowi
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Helowi » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:06 pm

Arengin Union wrote:
Helowi wrote:Sorry I haven’t been able to post. Finals week has been a bit chaotic, I may be able to post later Friday.

I understand.

I'll get a post tomorrow hopefully

Actually got in post. Hope it’s good.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse