NATION

PASSWORD

Yigros [IC, Fantasy, Always Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:32 pm

The elven brothers had decided to venture with king Regis and the angel Zadkiel, at least it would get them away from the skin-walker for a bit. Victor wasn't the worst person they had met, they had to give them credit for that. Lyssa decided to tag along with them, because she felt better with other wizards and maybe she'd learn some elven magic.
"So...this is nothing like our other adventures, Flieg." Faegel said.
"You can say that again." the mage replied.

Meanwhile, Margaret and Josephine decided to go to find the Berserker, mainly so they could track down Grilmun. Because the golem man, he was the only one they knew in this crazy mish-mosh of people. Except that odd redhead in the feathered cloak...a mage hmm? Margaret wondered if she would run into her again, she was still curious about her and probably wouldn't rest until this curiosity was sated.
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.
The Diamond card suit represents fire, strength and power. Sister of the Queen of Hearts, Queen of Spades and the Queen of Clubs.

Zapatha
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Zapatha » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:41 pm

The Cyberiad Council wrote:Zadkiel

"I have no need to burden a horse. I'll fly ahead and meet you in Valencia; I want to keep an eye on the demons that have claimed to join us. Once you have a ship, just pray and I will find you."

The Angel unfurled his wings and prepared to take off, but before he could, a young girl in mage garb came running through the remains of Rummel's Western Gate. "King Regis! I have to speak with you!" The girl looked to be only in her teens, an apprentice at most. She was out of breath and took a moment to collect herself. "The... Shimmering Tower... Destroyed... Goblins..." She was still panting heavily, and Zadkiel returned his wings to their garment form and held a glowing hand towards the girl with a concerned expression on his face.

"Calm yourself. Speak normally; let the Light strengthen you."

"Goblins attacked the Shimmering Tower, hundreds of them! Their leader had... I don't know some kind of magic shield that turned our magic against us. They broke our defenses, and Vandros gave me... something important." She broke down into tears and stood there, sobbing. "They're all dead. Everyone that couldn't get away. Even Vandros," she added softly in between sobs.

"What did Vandros give you; was it the reason behind the Goblin's assault?"

"I can't say, I can only give it to the..."

"To Me." The horse voice startled many in the group. The whirled around to see the Wanderer, once again standing where he was a few minutes ago.

"Why do you keep going, demigod?" Zadkiel asked incredulously.

"Where I am needed, Light-born." He said with a hint of aggravation in his voice. The hooded figure then turned to the crying girl. "Vandros is dead?" The girl nodded. "And he gave you the Codex to keep safe?" She nodded again. "Then he has saved us all with his sacrifice. King Regis, I entrust to your kingdom, the Codex, The Book of Heth, The Grand Grimoire, The Font of Eternal Knowledge."

"Uh, there may be a problem, Wanderer. He turned it into this..." She held up the coin and tried to offer it to the Wanderer.

"I cannot hold the Codex, in any form. Hold the coin flat in your palm." The apprentice complied and The Wanderer weaved his fingers with ribbons of purple energy. With a brilliant glow, the Codex returned to its original form. With a sigh, The Wanderer turned back to the mortal King. "Have your men guard this in your deepest, most secure storeroom. It must stay safe until I can return with the one prophecised to open it. We tried to open it with force and it earned us naught."

"I will have a constant guard on the codex demigod, it is safe in the capital. When you return with this....prophesied one you can find it in my palace."

Looking back to the young mage, Regis said:

"You may have just helped to save Yigros young one, and I think that deserves some rest and a good meal." He looked to the guardsmen, who motioned for her to follow them to the barracks to rest.

Turning again to Zadkiel, Regis sighed and said:
"I must attend to some business in the capital before riding for Valencia angel, so I'll book us passage on a ship with the consent of King Uriel. I'm going to send troops to the Shimmering Tower under command of my cousin Horus to investigate, so expect to hear my prayers within the next few days."

With this, Regis mounted his horse and rode back inside the city with his guardsmen holding the Codex closely to his body.

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 09, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Esternial » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:50 pm

The Unhallowed City wrote:Tallith tugged idly at the reigns of the beast beneath her. She had politely taken her leave from the presence of the cluster of nobles and things that had resonated so well with her amulet. A combination of eavesdropping and light inquiry had pointed the mage to her next destination, and in spite of her misgivings towards the device, she had recollected her amulet; Gods Above and Below could only say if it was for better or worse that the thing was allowed to come along.

Her travels were dull at best. Miss Corvain was in no particular rush, and the first day crept by unceremoniously as she allowed her horse to carry them onward at a relaxed pace. “The stars and this jewelry disagree, Kane.” She mumbled to the horse.

He tossed his head in a display of disinterest for her strange, human noises.

“I am curious, though...” Tallith squinted at the horizon, where a cluster dark smudges was beginning to come into view. “I can’t remember if this one has anything cozier than a barn, Kane. Can you?”

The horse was stoic in its silence.

“Mm...” Tallith pursed her lips and urged Kane into a speedier trot, intending to discover the nature of her sleeping arrangements for the night sooner rather than later. Gods willing, they’d have something more comfortable for a traveler with coin to spare than a drafty attic.
-

Tallith’s mask and its many eyes made it the ideal candidate for conveying blank, impassive, or disinterested stares. It was not often she met someone completely unbothered by her lack of interest in anything they were saying. This common village woman, however, managed with power to spare.

Tallith looked on, appalled, as she continued prattling on about some family of a fellow named Bertrand, fearing that the stars would turn before this creature reached the conclusion of their painfully mundane gossip. At last, after feeling each second of nearly eight minutes drip by, she was forced to raise a hand in a gesture for silence. The woman tactfully pretended not to see, provoking Tallith to emit a hiss.

The woman seemed to look up at the cloaked figure for the first time, and seemed to properly bite her horns for the first time. Tallith did not leave enough silence between them for her to begin speaking again.

“I am taking my leave. Your company has been pleasant.” She intoned, pulling her cloak tight around her shoulders and urging Kane to begin moving as quickly as possible.

The combination of blatant rudeness and a swift retreat spared Tallith from an undoubtedly brutal rebuke. She left her horse with a farmhand who promised he had space and feed for the beast upon being shown a handful of coin, and quickly took her place within the village’s sole tavern. It was getting dark, and the warmth of the indoors beckoned.

Gilbert looked up as another stranger walked in. It wasn't hard to deduce the woman didn't belong here -- her clothes gave away as much, and the other patron's reactions confirmed his observation. The mask might have made her the village loony, but the other villagers were more disturbed than encouraged to have a little fun with the nutjob. They acted more or less the same when he made his entrance some time prior, and would probably go back to being drunk and rowdy once she found herself a place to sit.

Either way, she was of no concern. Gilbert returned his focus to the amulet resting on the table in front of him. He felt as if it were taunting him, though how an inanimate object could do that was possibly more mysterious than its magical properties.

The Unhallowed City
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 27, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Unhallowed City » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:16 pm

Tallith basked in the brief attention afforded by her entrance, contemplating her choice of seating whilst enjoying the attention. One did not strut about in such outlandish garb if they wished to go unnoticed, after all. She drifted straight towards the owner of the establishment and his bar, concerned with finding out if he had rooms to spare, but stopped halfway. An antenna twitched as her head turned, left then right, scanning the room in its entirety until it fell squarely upon Gilbert and his amulet.

Her footfalls were like soft, padded thumps as she approached his table, silent save for those bootsteps and the twinkle of metal-on-metal as Tallith introduces herself by dropping her amulet in front of Gilbert. She cocked her head like a confused animal trying to catch a particularly elusive sound, and pulled a chair out to sit.

“What does yours say?”

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Postby Esternial » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:00 pm

The Unhallowed City wrote:Tallith basked in the brief attention afforded by her entrance, contemplating her choice of seating whilst enjoying the attention. One did not strut about in such outlandish garb if they wished to go unnoticed, after all. She drifted straight towards the owner of the establishment and his bar, concerned with finding out if he had rooms to spare, but stopped halfway. An antenna twitched as her head turned, left then right, scanning the room in its entirety until it fell squarely upon Gilbert and his amulet.

Her footfalls were like soft, padded thumps as she approached his table, silent save for those bootsteps and the twinkle of metal-on-metal as Tallith introduces herself by dropping her amulet in front of Gilbert. She cocked her head like a confused animal trying to catch a particularly elusive sound, and pulled a chair out to sit.

“What does yours say?”

As the strange woman approached, Gilbert debated whether or not he should ask about the mask. For all he knew it was a sensitive issue, and a woman travelling all by herself probably wasn't someone to fuck with. Truth be told he had little interest in any sort of conversation, but at least this stranger looked like she had something interesting to share. Interesting, for sure.

Pensively, Gilbert eyed the amulet Tallith dropped in front of him, and then looked at Tallith with a confused gaze. Sure, they looked very similar, but rocks with strings weren't particularly a patented concept. Before he could object, the Thaumaturge grabbed herself a chair and sat down at his table. Her question didn't really engage Gilbert all that much, as he couldn't recall the amulet ever uttering even a sound, let alone a coherent sentence. Though as he glanced over at both amulets, the carvings in the stone piqued his interest. Not identical, no - rocks rarely are - but the carvings were too similar for this to be a coincidence. Then again, maybe that's just what it was and Gilbert was about to waste a pleasant evening all by his lonesome playing Solitaire.

"Occasional pleasantries. Sometimes we play roshambo, but he's not very good at it." Gilbert replied diresively, though all the while keeping a straight face. People often found it hard to determine when Gilbert was having a laugh. Men like him liked to laugh on the inside. Deep on the inside.

"Not sure what this is all about, but I don't like to get played. Is this your doing?" He added, picking up his half of the set of amulets and holding in in front of Tallith -- for emphasis. He then pointed at it.

For emphasis.

Tundra Terra
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 23, 2014
Corporate Police State

Postby Tundra Terra » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:16 pm

Grilmun Coldroar
Dhazgum Dhoflahk or "Cinderlock Tide"

Why does there have to be so MUCH snow. While Grilmun wasn't of course affected by frost partly due by design AND he is soul-powered, but his men on the other hand usually required more extensive help than he did. For if they were to reach a cliff he would have to use his pointy metal fingers to create holes to grab on or stab to climb. Then his men would have to wait a few minutes after he started as to not be crushed by falling rock or ice debris...it was all slow progress. One mixed blessing was that he was an eternal source of heat but sometimes it was their only fire during a blizzard so he had to carry the occasional straggler or dry off any wet sopps before him. Every mile in this snow seemed like 20 as the mountain ever poured forth its burden onto its inhabitants. Eventually they finally reached the village...
Current Status: Tundra is rocking with the Krieg...
We are a PMT Military and no We don't use NS stats.Why?
because..."WAR IS ETERNAL!!!"
"If bloodlust vikings, dorve tanks to school, had PMT-FT tech with Chaos -like fanaticism, this would be it."
-------------------------The Posthuman Coalition

─╤══̵̵͇̿̿̿̿╦︻ Put this in your sig if you are a war profiteer ︻╦̵̵͇̿̿̿̿══╤─

The Unhallowed City
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 27, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Unhallowed City » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:51 am

Esternial wrote:As the strange woman approached, Gilbert debated whether or not he should ask about the mask. For all he knew it was a sensitive issue, and a woman travelling all by herself probably wasn't someone to fuck with. Truth be told he had little interest in any sort of conversation, but at least this stranger looked like she had something interesting to share. Interesting, for sure.

Pensively, Gilbert eyed the amulet Tallith dropped in front of him, and then looked at Tallith with a confused gaze. Sure, they looked very similar, but rocks with strings weren't particularly a patented concept. Before he could object, the Thaumaturge grabbed herself a chair and sat down at his table. Her question didn't really engage Gilbert all that much, as he couldn't recall the amulet ever uttering even a sound, let alone a coherent sentence. Though as he glanced over at both amulets, the carvings in the stone piqued his interest. Not identical, no - rocks rarely are - but the carvings were too similar for this to be a coincidence. Then again, maybe that's just what it was and Gilbert was about to waste a pleasant evening all by his lonesome playing Solitaire.

"Occasional pleasantries. Sometimes we play roshambo, but he's not very good at it." Gilbert replied diresively, though all the while keeping a straight face. People often found it hard to determine when Gilbert was having a laugh. Men like him liked to laugh on the inside. Deep on the inside.

"Not sure what this is all about, but I don't like to get played. Is this your doing?" He added, picking up his half of the set of amulets and holding in in front of Tallith -- for emphasis. He then pointed at it.

For emphasis.

Tallith didn't seem especially amused by the man's words. Her attention drifted all over his person, gaze drifting from item to item with little purpose until Gilbert's questioning became more direct. His inquiry shook her from continuing the prolonged once-over quite neatly, and Tallith straightened up somewhat as she pondered her response.

"No, not mine," She began. "But rather the work of some Outsider-Thing. There seems to be an array of these amulets, scattered hither and thither among the divine and unholy alike. Mine has seduced me down paths I would not normally consider, leading me astray whilst retaining enough subtlety to avoid shattering the illusion of free will. I'll admit, a month ago I would not have so much as visited such an insignificant village, but I felt compelled to stop here. I was not surprised to see a trinket like my own." The Thaumaturge eyed Gilbert's amulet, as if expecting it to bite him.

She paused and looked up at him, waiting to see what the man thought of her words thus far. They claimed a great deal, and Tallith didn't have much proof of her honesty beyond simply possessing a necklace that bore vague similarity to the Inquisitor's. Her body language expressed ease as she formed a bridge with her crossed fingers, elbows resting on the table, and sat her chin atop that bridge. One leg crossed over the other; Tallith was going to get as comfortable as her seat allowed.

Dragonarya
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 28, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Dragonarya » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:53 am

Three

Three did a brief turn around to see where everyone was going. For those tracking the Berserker, they seemed rather straightforward, while her group, bound for the Kels, was scattered about. She sighed. "I'll go with him," she said, nodding towards where Regis had been. A slight chill picked up as she raised her hover slightly, then angled it to "fly" towards where he'd gone.

When she caught up to him, she angled slightly more upward and slowed so they kept pace. "What might this business of yours be?" She asked. "Also, what's your name, or what do I call you? Take no offense if you're someone important; I've had no knowledge of politics ever since I was semi-involved in them, nor do I care anymore."

Remember the Animal Kingdom...
Proud member of Arcane Roleplayers Anonymous
GOD'S NOT DEAD

Kuhlfros
Senator

Founded: Dec 01, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kuhlfros » Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:33 pm

Eric and Hagen

"Well then," Eric said looking over to those heading south he affirmed to them "We will see each other again," he then turned to those who were to go north with him and rubbed his hands together

"We will have to ride some leagues north where my ships are docked and then the journey North begins.."
Eric didn't mention the fact that if they were to enter his homelands they would have to do so incognito as he still was the exiled prince of Eithrmark

He also didn't express out loud the difficulty of finding the Berserker, all they knew he was somewhere up north in Eithrmark
Eric looked at the figure called The Wanderer and said "Before we leave, do you have any clues to the whereabouts to the Berserker? Some sort of way to get on the trail of finding him?"
Kuhlfros
Member of Greater Ixnay
[21:48] <Kuhl> ∞/10
[21:50] <Shy> AND KUHLFROS SAID UNTO THE EARTH: LET THERE BE SPECIAL SYMBOLS FOR THE RATING OF BLAMESHIFT OUT OF TEN
[21:50] <Shy> AND THE WORLD COMPLIED
[21:50] <Kuhl> I just googled the infinity symbol XD
[21:52] <Kuhl> BUT I WILL GO WITH IT
[21:52] <Shy> ALL HAIL
[21:53] <Shy> THE VIKING GOD KULHFROS
[21:53] <Kuhl> OFF TO VALHALLA

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Founded: Apr 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:40 am

The Wanderer

"The King of Üdengraad has been rumored to have had contact with him in the past. He may have information that can set you on the right path. Your amulets can no longer guide your path, but they will allow you to find each other. You are all together in this."

Zadkiel

Zadkiel nodded at the King and unfurled his wings, taking off for Valencia, and the path of the demon.

Tundra Terra
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 23, 2014
Corporate Police State

Postby Tundra Terra » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:30 pm

Grilmun Coldroar
Dhazgum Dhoflahk or "Cinderlock Tide"

They had finally reached the Snowfall Plains village after...who even knows how long. It was probably only a few days, but a horrendous time it was. However all not was peaceful it seems, as the village they trying to reach was under attack by ice beings...trolls and other foul things probably. A little one was running away being chased by one of those things until a bolt emerged from its face. The scared little one saw the giant metal golem and his entourage of archers and swordsmen, "Thank you kind sir!! Hey You must help the others before they become eaten!!" a snort or what could have been a snort Grilmun replied, "I don't care what happens to your people as long as they get out of my way. I'm only here to see the Berserker you know him?" The kid's eyes got big at the mention of that old story, "No, but you still have to help the village!!" another snort of steam arose, "If you don't know you don't know let them be eaten." the kid started to stomp and kick the golem, "Stupid!! Stupid!! Only Elder knows about the Berserker and she's in the village!!"

Grilmun gave another one of his long famous sighs and ordered his men to clear the area. Shortly, whatever creatures that were still attacking the village found a large charging golem that quickly smashed its way through crushing and stabbing its fill of beasts. When they finally retreated a cheer came from one person...the little one saved from earlier. Growls came from the hills as Grilmun knew what that meant, "MEN!! Establish a perimeter and build a stockade...this is going to be one long night." And so he hefted his hammer ready..
Current Status: Tundra is rocking with the Krieg...
We are a PMT Military and no We don't use NS stats.Why?
because..."WAR IS ETERNAL!!!"
"If bloodlust vikings, dorve tanks to school, had PMT-FT tech with Chaos -like fanaticism, this would be it."
-------------------------The Posthuman Coalition

─╤══̵̵͇̿̿̿̿╦︻ Put this in your sig if you are a war profiteer ︻╦̵̵͇̿̿̿̿══╤─

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:37 pm

Josephine and Margaret had followed the Northerners, including that Erik character. Since it snowed mostly all the time, it would be no trouble at all to be walking there. Also...it's probably where Grilmun is. The golem of course just disappeared on his own and they really had no idea where he was, but Margaret had a feeling that he might be there. She couldn't wait until they finally arrived in the North, Margaret had never been more grateful than now for the fact that she had brought a cloak with her.
"Alright... the sooner we get there the sooner we get to to find Grilmun." she said, keeping her voice steady. The two of them didn't plan to stay with their current group in their search, they'd most likely meet up soon anyway.
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.
The Diamond card suit represents fire, strength and power. Sister of the Queen of Hearts, Queen of Spades and the Queen of Clubs.

Zapatha
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Zapatha » Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:25 pm

Dragonarya wrote:Three

Three did a brief turn around to see where everyone was going. For those tracking the Berserker, they seemed rather straightforward, while her group, bound for the Kels, was scattered about. She sighed. "I'll go with him," she said, nodding towards where Regis had been. A slight chill picked up as she raised her hover slightly, then angled it to "fly" towards where he'd gone.

When she caught up to him, she angled slightly more upward and slowed so they kept pace. "What might this business of yours be?" She asked. "Also, what's your name, or what do I call you? Take no offense if you're someone important; I've had no knowledge of politics ever since I was semi-involved in them, nor do I care anymore."

Somewhat startled by Three's appearance, the king gathered himself and turned to the spirit:

"Well spirit, I am King Regis Everdarus of Eroria. Now I understand that you may be inquisitive, however my 'business' is off limits. As king, I handle many things pertaining to ruling the nation and going on an extended trip requires me to take care of some things before I go."

Regis then quickened the pace of his horse, hoping his bluntness would lose the spirit's interest so he could meet his son in the palace...

Dragonarya
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Dragonarya » Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:03 pm

Three

Three grunted as the king sped up. "It's a bit alarming how much you remind me of my former self," she quipped when he was still in earshot. However, even when he sped up, she followed him, albeit invisible. She was now especially interested in this 'business' of his. Not to mention it was always interesting traveling with royals.

The fact he didn't want her tagging along was what drove her forward, under her invisible cloak. Nobody hid anything that wasn't worth the trouble, especially kings. Even though it'd been ages (literally) since she'd been part of politics, she figured now might be a good time to start back up. Who knows; maybe she would even return to being her old, chaotic self... she sighed. Always the pseudo hero, out to ruin someone's life under a guise of innocence. Sometimes she really hated herself.

GOD'S NOT DEAD

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:46 pm

The Broken Lands

Clouds of noxious gasses slowly drifted through the burning landscape of the Broken Lands. Among the floating pillars of black stone, some molten at their tips, the hulking frame of Balrael sat on the outskirts of a large circle of stone carved with ornate symbols which possessed a different color than the volcanic rock surrounding it. Muttering words of the guttural demon language, Balrael crept slowly around the seal; the barrier between Yigros and Sheol, the underworld.

With the incantation complete, the fallen angel crawled to the center of the circle and unleashed magical sapphire fire from his gullet. Blue magic surged through the cracks in his rock-like skin as the flames licked the inscribe symbols of the circle. The sound of grating stone filled the air with a cacophonous roar as the concentric rings of stone began to rotate in opposite directions. Samael was drawing nigh. A howling that had not plagued Yigros in over thirty thousand years erupted from the seal. Demons scratched at the seal from below, desperate to free themselves and feast on the life above.

"Soon, my Brethren; Soon you will be free at last."

"Not if we have anything to say Demon!"

Craning his neck to the sky, Balrael saw a Warrior Angel and two massive Cherubim swoop from above the clouds, the latter bearing spears of the golden angel metal and the former, a holy mace. In a daring strike not fearful of Balrael's size, the angel struck the demon in a downward stroke of the mace. Balrael staggered from the impact and took a few weary steps back. "You are too late, Light-Born! Samael will Rise!"

Voicelessly, the Cherubim landed, cracking the ground beneath their feet. They raised the tips of their spears and slowly advanced towards the demon, their wings raised behind them like massive white sails. Their individual voices couldn't be heard by any mortal being, but a strange sound filled the air like the sound made by a bow on the string of a cello or violin. Lighting in front of them, the Angel landed but kept her wings unfurled, ready to take flight at the slightest provocation. "Has it been so long that you have forgotten me, Brother?" She seemed to spit out the last word, meaning it as an insult rather than indicating comradery. "You used to call me Cassiel, but now I call you: Enemy."

"I remember you, Sister. But you are still blinded by the light, and you must be burned!" A torrent of real flames leaped from Balrael's maw, threatening to incinerate the creature of light. Slamming the buts of their staffs into the ground, the Cherubim created a barrier of light. Cassiel shielded her face from the harsh light of the flames, but when they died down, she was greeted by the terror of a charging demon fueled by aether. He crashed through the barrier as if it were a mere pane of glass and batted the angel aside like a man may brush off an annoying fly before slamming into the much more intimidating Cherubim.

In the poetic struggle of light and dark, the four supernatural creatures fought. Three with spears and mace, the fourth with claws and fire. At first, it seemed as if the Light was set for a swift victory, stabbing and pounding the twisted creature of darkness until its molten blood poured out like slag from a foundry. Balrael staggered back to the middle of the circle and awaited his demise, but it did not come. Aether, like oil, came slithering out of the cracks forming in the seal. Its inky form slinked up through the air like tendrils of a creature born from nightmares and flowed into the wounds of the Demon.

Cassiel, battered from the fight, stood mortified. "Retreat, he is bolstered by Samael." She took to the air, clutching her side where the monster's claws had torn through her armor. The Cherubim hesitated, not used to entertaining the idea of running away, but when they saw the blackness boiling off of the creature of stone and fire, they too took to the air.

Once they were safely out of the Broken lands, the music like sounds of Cherubim speech rang through the air. "What do we do now? We find Zadkiel, and destroy the Ladder if we have to; they cannot reach Slonnas."
Last edited by The Cyberiad Council on Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zapatha
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Zapatha » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:21 pm

Regis entered the palace, and continued to the throne room with two royal guardsmen. They passed by the hall of kings, showing Eroria's line of kings that extended back almost 6,000 years with their statues on both sides of the hall. Many weapons adorned the walls, some stolen from the corpses of long dead foes and others that were powerful weapons of ancient power belonging to the kings.

They ascended to the throne room, and walked pass columns of marble adorned with gold. Near the throne, Regis approached a young man dressed in steel armor, likely just returning from the war with the orcs out east. The man hugged Regis and said:

"Father it's good to see you, the war is going well in the eastern lands and we're gaining more ground everyday. Why have you called me back from the front though? And also....what the hell was that outside, and earthquake?" said Prince Emhyr Everdarus, crownprince to Eroria's throne. Emhyr was taller than his father standing over 6'5, and more intimidating in stature and build, and wore steel armor gilded with gold with a golden eagle on his chest piece, signifying his position as a general of the army.

"Son I'm not sure if anyone out east has caught wind of any of this yet, however a drakon has just been awoken and approached the city walls before disappearing, Balrael has been released from his prison and the Shimmering Tower has fallen to goblins in the north. Everything seems to be going to shit all at once, so I have to do something to stop it.

I know this may seem even more outlandish to you...but I spoke to the demigod called the "Wanderer" and he told me only someone of Eldermen blood can use a weapon to kill the drakons. I-"

"Then let me do it father! I've proven myself in battle already against orcs and giants, I think i can figure out how to kill a drakon just as easily." said the young prince enthusiastically.

"No son, if anything you need to remain here in stead to govern the kingdom and keep it from falling apart. It's better to let me do it so that if I do perish, Eroria still has a pureblooded elderman still leading it. Remember my son, you are not alone. Your cousin Horus is also being recalled back here to the capital and then to the Shimmering Tower to investigate what happened to the mages there."

Reaching for the Codex, he gave it to Emhyr and said:

"This however is your most important task: to keep this book safe from any who try to take it or harm it in any way. I trust only you to keep it with you at all times and protect it from our enemies be they demon, orc or human. Or....spirit."

Turning swiftly, Regis could clearly see the spirit had followed him in the palace:

"You spirit, aren't following a common man that you can hide from. I have the blood of the eldermen in my veins, and no spirit can hide themselves from me." said Regis, clearly angered.

Dragonarya
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Dragonarya » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:49 pm

Three

Three crossed her arms and threw her hair back sassily. "And yet, you've let me follow you all the way here," she pointed out with disdain in her voice. "Perhaps you should be a little more alert next time? You remind me even more of my former self every passing moment; this is just about how I died the first time."

She rubbed the back of hands subconsciously, like she'd been doing ever since the incident with the Primal Stone, and turned to Emhyr. "I'm Three, by the way, not that you royals care anymore. Don't worry; I'm not after the Codex. I couldn't take it even if I wanted." To prove her point, she swiped at the book, only for her hand to pass right through it. "Which out of context proves that I'm not the prophesied one to open it, since I can't even touch it."

With a mildly disappointed sigh, she turned back to the king. "I don't see why I can't follow you. We're going the same place, and you can't stop me, elderman or not. In fact, I kinda want to see you try."

GOD'S NOT DEAD

Zapatha
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Zapatha » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:08 pm

Dragonarya wrote:Three

Three crossed her arms and threw her hair back sassily. "And yet, you've let me follow you all the way here," she pointed out with disdain in her voice. "Perhaps you should be a little more alert next time? You remind me even more of my former self every passing moment; this is just about how I died the first time."

She rubbed the back of hands subconsciously, like she'd been doing ever since the incident with the Primal Stone, and turned to Emhyr. "I'm Three, by the way, not that you royals care anymore. Don't worry; I'm not after the Codex. I couldn't take it even if I wanted." To prove her point, she swiped at the book, only for her hand to pass right through it. "Which out of context proves that I'm not the prophesied one to open it, since I can't even touch it."

With a mildly disappointed sigh, she turned back to the king. "I don't see why I can't follow you. We're going the same place, and you can't stop me, elderman or not. In fact, I kinda want to see you try."

Sighing, Regis said:

"Fine then spirit, I guess there's no harm in you joining me."

Turning to Emhyr, he hugged him once more and left the palace along with three with his horse to head for Valencia to meet up with the rest of the group for the journey to the Kels' island.

Dragonarya
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Dragonarya » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:02 pm

Three

Three smiled triumphantly as Regis gave in. "Good to know that we're on the same side." She tilted her head to Emhyr. "Your uncle is quite odd," she commented before following him out of the palace.

The journey to Valencia wasn't too long or short. At this point, Three was getting a bit tired from having traveled so far, but unlike the lucky mortals who could sleep on their horses she had to stay awake. Once at their destination, Three plopped down on the floor and promptly turned invisible. "Wake me up when we are about to leave," she said to Regis with a yawn before falling asleep. It wasn't ladylike, but ever since her second death she didn't give a crap.

Adelina Skiel

Adelina ripped into her loaf of bread as the dinghy she sat in rocked. Waves lapped against the boat as well as the shore, a couple sending white spray up towards the young sorceress. She scowled as her loaf was soaked and promptly threw it in the ocean to feed the fish.

"Useless," she said as she settled back in the wooden boat. Anyone who came across her would think her normal, but that was because she wore a black cloak that hid most of her features and profile. Under the hood, she had a normal face, with two large blue eyes and a surprising lack of acne. Her hands were thing but with somewhat long fingers, perfect for a musician. She wore men's seafaring apparel under the black cape, and no weapons were to be found on her. However, her nails grew into short, metallic claws, and hidden under her guise blue runes spiraled over her body.

As she sat up, Adelina idly twirled a charcoal pencil around her finger. She looked to her left. The island she was docked at had no signs of life, save for dense plants that crept all over the ruins of marble buildings. The towering marble columns were now reduced to dusty relics of what was lost, and once grand archways were left overrun by nature. Adelina might've explored it, if it didn't give her the creeps.

"So where did I wash up now?" She asked herself as she unfurled a map of Yigros. She was east, that much was certain. However, she wasn't on an island large enough to be any of the visible ones, unless... she thought it was a speck of dust, but now that she looked closer there was a title next to it. "Island of the Kels?" She asked, puzzled. "What the heck's a Kel?"

GOD'S NOT DEAD

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:17 pm

Zadkiel

A quick glance might cause one to mistake the white-robed figure on the roof of one of Valencia's tallest buildings for a statue. Zadkiel eagerly watched the rode for the Erorian King and Three and seemed to smile slightly as they finally appeared on the horizon. Once they had passed through the gates of the city, Zadkiel gently floated to the ground next to them. "I trust the travel wasn't troublesome?" After Three fell asleep, the angel changed his assumption. "Perhaps it was."

He didn't get a chance to continue the usual pleasantries; several cries of alarm broke out from the townspeople as they pointed frantically toward the sky. Two massive silhouettes flanking a man-sized one quickly descended towards the ground. Cassiel and the two Cherubim Landed on the ground. Guards drew their swords and wearily approached the trio wearily; the Cheribum showed no concern and no expression could not be seen under their helms. They did plant their spears forcefully in the ground which stopped the fearful men in their tracks. "Cassiel?"

"Fear not children of Rhodin, we come not for you. We seek the angel Zadkiel."

With a look of confusion on his face, Zadkiel stepped out of the crowd and into the clearing the celestial trio had made when they landed. "I'm here, Cassiel. Why have you come?"

The warrior angel looked saddened when she looked at Zadkiel. "Rhodin had to know for sure Balrael was free." Zadkiel's face fell, knowing what was coming. "We couldn't stop him, he was too strong. My orders were to stop him if I could and if not return to Slonnas with the news so the Legion could prepare. My other orders pertained to you." She looked into Zadkiel's eyes with tears in her own. "You were one of my best pupils, but that does not grant you a pass." She straightened to her full height and donned her helmet once again. "Zadkiel, you are found at fault in the escape of the Demon Balrael and in the failure of the duties of Warden. You are banished from Slonnas to walk the face of Yigros until you find penance. If you attempt to ascend Jakobs Ladder, you will be smitten before you arrive. I'm sorry." She whispered as she finished.

She took off her helmet and offered it to Zadkiel. "Take this for your protection, my student. May the Light guard you." She unfurled her wings and took off towards the North with the Cherubim following behind. "And you," Zadkiel whispered with his bowed head.

Ahagan

Snow had started to fall in the small town where Ahagan had tracked the magical signature of two other amulets to. He shivered and touched his and to one of the teeth on the necklace around his neck. Blue energy formed an aura around the druid in the vague shape of sabrecats found in the far north. As the magic insulated him from the dropping temperatures, he continued on into the village. A druid rarely goes anywhere without drawing uneasy looks from people. It isn't every day you see a man with antlers walking down the street.

After he reached the middle of town, Ahagan stood still and sniffed the air. The sent of the amulets drew him into a tavern...

Dragonarya
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Dragonarya » Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:20 pm

Three

The sound of a nearby conversation made Three stir. At first, she thought they were about to leave, but many were still missing. With a huff she sat up just in time to hear the conversation.

"... Banished?" She asked as she became visible, looking up at Zadkiel from her sitting position. "Well, that's..." she paused. "Severe. On the bright side, you get to spend more time with us." She flashed him a not-so-convincing smile.

As she stood up, Three tilted her head to look at the helmet. "You took that surprisingly well," she commented. "If I were in your position, I would've turned that angel into a toad, but I guess it's a good thing she wasn't talking to me. Else I'd be back where I started." She made a slight "huh" sound as she sighed. "I mean... it could be worse. You could be dead. Like me." She gave him a slightly more genuine grin.

GOD'S NOT DEAD

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:52 pm

Zadkiel

Zadkiel gave a sad smile and looked at Three. "Thank you for the encouragement, but if I die, my soul will cease to exist. My Ether will return to Slonnas to be reborn as a new Angel. I don't get an afterlife. But there is no point in moping." He turned to Regis. "How quickly can we set sail? If I'm going to serve my penance I guess I should get started."

The Clockwork

Gears and Cogs rhythmically ticked away, each serving the purpose of turning its neighbor and all working together for the purpose of creating an army of metal. The Clockwork King walked along a balcony overlooking the foundry where clockwork soldiers, some the size of a normal man and others the size of three, were being built with frightening speed. Annon walked a few steps behind observing the strange new, human-like, behavior manifested in his boss ever since he started using the Primal Stone as a power source.

"Tell me, Annon, what are the states of the mortal kingdoms?"

"Eroria and Cantarella have started to mobilize their troops, but they will be crushed in a matter of days with the combined assault of your Legion and the Demon Horde. Draj has sent word ahead that he has succeeded in capturing the Codex from the Mages and left the tower in shambles. Vandros was killed in the process."

"Hm. Good. When will he arrive?"

"He should reach the Clockwork by sundown today."

The King looked like he was deep in thought. "Fetch the Lady of the Fallen, I have need of her services."

"As you wish, my Lord." Annon gave a stiff bow and left to get ahold of the Demigod.

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:58 pm

Fliegel and Faegel were following the king, Regis as he entered the royal palace. Looking around at all the grand statues, and the beautifully constructed architecture, the wizard couldn't help but whistle approvingly. "Swanky place...ain't no place like it I've ever seen. Drow don't have royals and such, that's all that high-elf frippery and shit."
Lyssa meanwhile had been walking behind them quietly, reading her spellbook carefully. She had decided to at least get some studying done while they were on this crazy journey.
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.

Dragonarya
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Dragonarya » Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:35 pm

Three

"Oh. I think you told me that before." Three looked down, suddenly uncomfortable with the turn the conversation had taken. "Well... now that you mention it, I'm suddenly glad I'm human... it's pretty obvious that I'm no angel." A wry half-grin quirked up the side of her mouth.

"I agree, I'm ready to "hit the road", as teenagers have dutifully dubbed it nowadays. Unless we have any objections?" She looked around, pausing on the girl who appeared to be reading. "... We're about to go save the world and risk our afterlives and do some crazy crap, and you're reading?!"

Lady of the Fallen

The Lady halfheartedly tapped her index finger on the arm of her metal chair as she gazed out the window. A mechanical army was being created, and it was quite fascinating to watch. Gears, levers, machines, all bound together into a mindless army of Clockworks. As she watched, she sang a slight tune she'd learned when she was mortal.

"...Now you are come all my grief is removed,
Let me forget that so long you have roved.
Let me believe that you love as you loved,
Long, long ago, long ago..."

She sighed. She didn't even know where she'd learnt that. Perhaps from a family, long lost to the sands of time, leaving behind an only daughter to fend for herself, only to become a mighty warrior, a demigod, servant to Samael himself. However, she didn't have time for that. Abruptly, she stopped singing, standing upright. She did not become a magicked demigod, only for her Empire to be torn down by the past she couldn't remember.

As she was about to walk out the door in search of something to do, the door opened for her, revealing Annon in the other side. A few minutes later the two were walking silently through the mechanical halls, their footsteps even and with purpose.

The Lady stepped into the doorway to the room the king was in, and immediately noticed something was off. "You seem... eccentric today," she said, her now batlike wings shifting uneasily. She took a few steps into the room, her boots clicking on the metal. "What is it you require?" She asked, stopping.

GOD'S NOT DEAD

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Postby Esternial » Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:40 am

The Unhallowed City wrote:
Esternial wrote:As the strange woman approached, Gilbert debated whether or not he should ask about the mask. For all he knew it was a sensitive issue, and a woman travelling all by herself probably wasn't someone to fuck with. Truth be told he had little interest in any sort of conversation, but at least this stranger looked like she had something interesting to share. Interesting, for sure.

For emphasis.

Tallith didn't seem especially amused by the man's words. Her attention drifted all over his person, gaze drifting from item to item with little purpose until Gilbert's questioning became more direct. His inquiry shook her from continuing the prolonged once-over quite neatly, and Tallith straightened up somewhat as she pondered her response.

"No, not mine," She began. "But rather the work of some Outsider-Thing. There seems to be an array of these amulets, scattered hither and thither among the divine and unholy alike. Mine has seduced me down paths I would not normally consider, leading me astray whilst retaining enough subtlety to avoid shattering the illusion of free will. I'll admit, a month ago I would not have so much as visited such an insignificant village, but I felt compelled to stop here. I was not surprised to see a trinket like my own." The Thaumaturge eyed Gilbert's amulet, as if expecting it to bite him.

She paused and looked up at him, waiting to see what the man thought of her words thus far. They claimed a great deal, and Tallith didn't have much proof of her honesty beyond simply possessing a necklace that bore vague similarity to the Inquisitor's. Her body language expressed ease as she formed a bridge with her crossed fingers, elbows resting on the table, and sat her chin atop that bridge. One leg crossed over the other; Tallith was going to get as comfortable as her seat allowed.

All this talk about this amulet made Gilbert feel less and less comfortable keeping it with him. He was a simple man who didn't like too many complications in his life. Complications got you killed. Sure, his job had its own occupational hazards but he made damn sure he knew what he was getting into before he got into it. There weren't too many creatures or monsters that some absinthe-addled intellectual didn't write about. This amulet was no creature, and despite its apparent prevalence - if this odd woman was to be believed - there seemed to be little documentation to reveal its purpose.

Then again, Gilbert hadn't really bothered to look around. Addmittedly his curiosity got the better of him. Despite his overall caution when it came to his work, he thoughtlessly followed the amulets subtle pull without stopping to think it could lead him to the maws of death itself. While undeniably adventurous, it was also remarkably stupid.

Gilbert swallowed anxiously. "Hadn't really stopped to think what this bauble was about..." He pondered out loud, placing his amulet back down as he nervously eyed the inscribed stone.

"The way you describe it, this thing seems like a manipulative little thing. Why not toss it away?"

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse