NATION

PASSWORD

The Titan Affliction [OOC/Signup | Superhuman | Still Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Founded: Antiquity
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:49 am

New Minahasa wrote:
Dyelli Beybi wrote:
Ack sorry! Been a bit slack, I'll get him up in the morning, just wanted to reply to folk before I shoot off for the night.

EDIT: Apologies for missing bits of the post, its late and I have a bit of a headache. I'll have Condor go after Runic Monk, though I think he could work quite well, especially if its close quarters where gun-totting bad guys can be grappled with more easily. BTW he will be dealing with Men in Black rather than Condor directly. Condor gets other people to do his dirty work for him.

Getting the Darkness to approach Jigsaw is a bit harder unless she mistakes him for a meta (which she might if she sees him in costume). She stalks people through CCTV. I get with him being a genius chessmaster type character that you might not want her to be able to do that. What do you think would be best?

BTW she won't offer money, but she will offer information and connections (to meta-humans... who could help Jigsaw make LOTS of money).

I had in mind that Darkness wouldn't mind hiring an extraordinary guy like Jigsaw to the fray, even though he's not a meta-human. And yeah, I think it's gonna be pretty hard actually since Jigsaw barely shows up in CCTV footages. That's gonna be bad if he does. And what's the point of having high-tech devices and being a criminal mastermind if he'd just get caught by a single CCTV?

Another idea would be that Darkness heard of his name in the criminal underworld, since she appears to be very familiar with it herself, and goes looking for his help to find meta-humans. It would be pretty easy for him to hack into a network of CCTVs and just search for them, I would assume. But of course, he wouldn't do it without having something else in return. Preferably something that exceeds his favour.

Otherwise I might have her rock up at the attack on Runic Monk... she is specifically tracking the Angency's vans after all.

BTW, if you write what he is doing before Abacus and co. show up/what his living situation is like, then I'll have them appear in the next post.
Last edited by Dyelli Beybi on Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

New Minahasa
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 05, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby New Minahasa » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:58 am

Dyelli Beybi wrote:
New Minahasa wrote:I had in mind that Darkness wouldn't mind hiring an extraordinary guy like Jigsaw to the fray, even though he's not a meta-human. And yeah, I think it's gonna be pretty hard actually since Jigsaw barely shows up in CCTV footages. That's gonna be bad if he does. And what's the point of having high-tech devices and being a criminal mastermind if he'd just get caught by a single CCTV?

Another idea would be that Darkness heard of his name in the criminal underworld, since she appears to be very familiar with it herself, and goes looking for his help to find meta-humans. It would be pretty easy for him to hack into a network of CCTVs and just search for them, I would assume. But of course, he wouldn't do it without having something else in return. Preferably something that exceeds his favour.

Otherwise I might have her rock up at the attack on Runic Monk... she is specifically tracking the Angency's vans after all.

BTW, if you write what he is doing before Abacus and co. show up/what his living situation is like, then I'll have them appear in the next post.

Let's just say that he will be meditating when Abacus shows up, leaving him very vulnerable and easy to capture.
Last edited by New Minahasa on Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:30 pm

I have tgrammed a few people and will look at launching the next phase of the plot tomorrow.

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 13, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:50 pm

My IC post is going to be up tonight at some point, for Sam.

Dyelli, did you ever get a chance to look at my second char app?

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:46 am

The V O I D wrote:Here's my second character app. My IC post should be up this evening, I think.

Character Description
    Name: William Prescott
    Aliases: Thoth (self-proclaimed)
    Apperance: Will.

Motivations
    Goals: Conquer the Seattle underworld - to bring order to the chaos that fills him with dread.
    Fears: Agoraphobia (extreme fear/anxiety of crowds, entrapment, being in a helpless situation, and sometimes even new situations or people), Hemophobia/Haemophobia (extreme fear/anxiety around blood, especially one's own blood being exposed), Necrophobia (extreme fear/anxiety of being near/around dead things, especially human corpses), Ataxophobia (extreme fear/anxiety of untidy things, disorderly things, or chaos; extreme dislike for it as well), and Germaphobia (extreme fear/anxiety around contaminants and sick people, and especially of germs in particular). All of these induce a highly acute form of OCD, wherein he works almost entirely through proxies whenever possible.

Strengths and Weaknesses
    Powers : To Know All: William's mind has been greatly enhanced, to the degree that he can visualize math and numbers when calculating when, how, and which direction to fire a gun such that the bullet can ricochet and kill two people as opposed to one at a time. He can think and perceive things thousands of times faster than a normal human, able to run simulations in his mind not too dissimilar to precog or a computer program, using math to calculate the possibilities.

He has an understanding of the world and numbers beyond normal human comprehension. This allows him extraordinary reflexes, accuracy with weapons, and the ability to manipulate his environment and such in complex ways that, though it may seem insignificant at one point, will always end up rippling to create much larger events to unfold through his plans. His intellect is so greatly enhanced that it is very possible that Will can, one day, truly know everything. His planning skills cannot be matched, because of all this.

Technological Advancement: William has, along with his engineering skills, the ability to understand technology to such a degree that he can enhance it - such that it is slightly more advanced than what would normally be possible with modern tech. As time goes on, his understanding will increase, allowing for more advanced technology to be created.
    Abilities: He was already an engineer, and so with his greatly enhanced intellect, he can enhance technology to be slightly more advanced than modern day tech.
    Equipment: Using a taser and various other parts, he developed his own Tesla-style Coil-pistol that works and can either act as a more advanced taser, or a legitimate lightning-gun that electrocutes people to death.
    Weaknesses: William needs time to formulate his plans, despite his greatly enhanced intellect and thought processes. Sure, he needs less time than it would take a normal human to do what he does, and can certainly solve any number of problems rather easily, but time is still needed to enact any plan. If he lacks the amount of time to plan properly, he can easily be foiled. Not only that, but to develop even his advanced technology also needs time and resources - he can't just conjure it out of thin air.

Background:
    General: William Prescott grew up a very sheltered boy. His parents kept him away from violence, and even from death. They made sure he was always safe, and always healthy - helping him keep himself from germs and such, warning of their dangers. He was also very bright as a young man, wishing to become an engineer. So his parents helped them, when and where they could, throughout his life. Giving him nudges he needed when he needed support in his goals.

William eventually became an engineer, and fulfilled his dreams. He was helping various tech companies as an engineer and consultant for engineering projects. It was an okay life. And then the incident happened, and though there was no danger, it set off his various fears and his OCD. He began avoiding people as much as possible. Eventually, it got to the point wherein he accidentally killed his own pet cat - for fear it would give him disease. But that just made things worse. He needed things to be ordered, structured, to return to the status quo.

And when he woke up, he knew. He began to understand things far better than before. He was still deathly afraid of certain things, but he knew how to order and structure the world. And it must start with the criminal underworld. He began building a small basis of power; using proxies, and making sure his computer was almost impossible to trace, he began contracting people into working for him - accomplishing his goals where he could not.

He calls himself 'Thoth' over calls and on the darknet, even to the rest of the underworld the few times he's made appearances. He is, quite literally, always the smartest man in any room he stands in. And while he has heard rumors of the Blur, who might be the fastest person alive... he is the fastest mind.
    Stressor: After accidentally killing his pet cat, he triggered his own worst fears and panicked. He hid away in his room, and just desired with all his heart for the world to make sense, for the world to be ordered and structured. When he woke up, his mind was enhanced to the level at which he could accomplish this, and he knew he must start with the underworld - the foundations - and work his way up.

Ooops! Sorry, missed him, he is accepted

The Knockout Gun Gals
Senator

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Knockout Gun Gals » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:52 am

I was about to made SPD formed a special task force investigating all these incidents (Newton, Bare Mare club, and the Museum) until I remembered that only you and Talion can control the police and the government.

But can you make it so SPD formed a special task force, or at least for the Seattle government to form one? It's weird that they don't form one after three consecutive break-in and total destruction of fire burning. Or they can't because Condor pulling some strings?

Anyway, Alexis is already in a neighborhood. I don't know where Runic Monk lives, so I just assumed he lives in a neighborhood.
The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:
TriStates wrote:Covenant declare a crusade, and wage jihad against the UNSC and Insurrectionists for 30 years.

So Covenant declare a crusade and then wage jihad? :p

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:03 am

Sweet. I'll post for Sam today (just finished the post last night, just about; just need to proofread tonight) and Will tomorrow.

New Minahasa
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby New Minahasa » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:00 am

Character Description
    Name: Leroy Sinclair
    Aliases: Nosferatu
    Appearance:

Motivations
    Goals: Try to control his powers and survive.
    Fears: Losing control of his powers and going into a bloodlust, like the vampires shown in the movies, although that most likely won't happen.

Strengths and Weaknesses
    Powers:
    • Hemomancy/Blood Manipulation: The capability to control blood, granting him multiple abilities:
      • Blood Absorption: With this ability, Leroy can drain other people of their blood and consuming them for himself, empowering him even more. Although a powerful ability, draining does not happen instantly. It'll take about 15-30 seconds, depending on how large the target is, to be able to fully drain them of blood, requiring Leroy to concentrate and leaving him in a vulnerable state. A faster way to do this would be against an already bleeding/injured person.
      • Blood Attacks: Leroy can either consume blood entirely or bend them to be used as lethal objects, capable of solidifying blood into razor-shap blades and launching them against his enemies. Works well against unarmored enemies. Aren't that useful against well-armored ones. Plus, he needs to drain someone of blood first or have an exposed source of blood like a blood bag nearby to use it.
      • Blood Transformation: Leroy can turn his whole body into blood to dodge incoming attacks. This drains him of his powers, and continuous usage may weaken his abilities.
      • Enhanced Strength, Speed, Stamina, and Regeneration by controlling the blood flow within his body.
    • Mutation: (TBA) Different mutations may occur on Leroy whenever he wishes. He may turn his entire arm into a boney blade and his fist to a meaty sledgehammer, or his legs felinoid-like to improve his running and leaping capabilities. His end-game power allows him to completely transform himself, allowing him mutations and hemomancy at the same time, as well as giving him this monstrous appearance and superhuman strength, reflexes, and a pair of wings. This form doesn't last long though and when it wears off, Leroy goes into a completely weakened state and denies him his abilities until he finds a source of blood.
    Abilities: Well, Leroy was a surgeon before he received his powers, so he may understand human anatomy better than most people
    Equipment: None
    Weaknesses: Leroy needs to feed on blood to sustain his powers. If his body hasn't received blood for a couple of days, his powers will wane and might even disappear if left unnoticed. (To be added in the future) Mutation doesn't just happen instantly. It'll take him a good amount of seconds for him to mutate one of his bodyparts. Mutating multiple bodyparts will take even more time. If interrupted, he will have to restart the process again. Also, Mutation and Hemomancy cannot cooperate. If Leroy goes into Mutation mode, he loses the ability to manipulate blood.

Background:
    General: Leroy worked in the Virginia Mason Hospital as a surgeon. He was your cocky smartass at work, boasting about the records of medical successes within the past few years of his career. He graduated with a PhD and was famous for being one of the smartest kids in his class. To be honest, the man was actually talented. But his obnoxious attitude and overall success garnered him his co-workers' envy and annoyance and, in the end, their spiteful revenge. A single foiled surgery which resulted in the patient's death drowned Leroy in sorrows. He somehow failed to calculate the risks of a simple surgery. How did that happen? His name as the 'greatest surgeon yet' was ruined. His co-workers mocked at him and blamed him and his ego for the patient's death. And he believed their made-up story as well. The death was to be blamed on him. Eventually, he got into a brawl with someone else in a bar after a long night of drinking which almost led him to his death after the opponent pulled out a knife on him.

Stressor: He woke up in the same hospital he worked in and saw a blood bag to his side. It almost felt like instinct as he reached out for the blood bag and slipped the blood out with only his mind, which he then proceeds to consume. His health was restored in an instant as the blood flows inside of him, to the doctors' dismay.
Last edited by New Minahasa on Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:00 am, edited 4 times in total.

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:51 am

New Minahasa wrote:
Character Description
    Name: Leroy Sinclair
    Aliases: Nosferatu
    Appearance:

Motivations
    Goals: Try to control his powers and survive.
    Fears: Losing control of his powers and going into a bloodlust, like the vampires shown in the movies, although that most likely won't happen.

Strengths and Weaknesses
    Powers:
    • Hemomancy/Blood Manipulation: The capability to control blood, granting him multiple abilities:
      • Blood Absorption: With this ability, Leroy can drain other people of their blood and consuming them for himself, empowering him even more. Although a powerful ability, draining does not happen instantly. It'll take about 15-30 seconds, depending on how large the target is, to be able to fully drain them of blood, requiring Leroy to concentrate and leaving him in a vulnerable state. A faster way to do this would be against an already bleeding/injured person.
      • Blood Attacks: Leroy can either consume blood entirely or bend them to be used as lethal objects, capable of solidifying blood into razor-shap blades and launching them against his enemies. Works well against unarmored enemies. Aren't that useful against well-armored ones. Plus, he needs to drain someone of blood first or have an exposed source of blood like a blood bag nearby to use it.
      • Blood Transformation: Leroy can turn his whole body into blood to dodge incoming attacks. This drains him of his powers, and continuous usage may weaken his abilities.
      • Enhanced Strength, Speed, Stamina, and Regeneration by controlling the blood flow within his body.
    • Mutation: (TBA) Different mutations may occur on Leroy whenever he wishes. He may turn his entire arm into a boney blade and his fist to a meaty sledgehammer, or his legs felinoid-like to improve his running and leaping capabilities. His end-game power allows him to completely transform himself, allowing him mutations and hemomancy at the same time, as well as giving him this monstrous appearance and superhuman strength, reflexes, and a pair of wings. This form doesn't last long though and when it wears off, Leroy goes into a completely weakened state and denies him his abilities until he finds a source of blood.
    Abilities: Well, Leroy was a surgeon before he received his powers, so he may understand human anatomy better than most people
    Equipment: None
    Weaknesses: Leroy needs to feed on blood to sustain his powers. If his body hasn't received blood for a couple of days, his powers will wane and might even disappear if left unnoticed. (To be added in the future) Mutation doesn't just happen instantly. It'll take him a good amount of seconds for him to mutate one of his bodyparts. Mutating multiple bodyparts will take even more time. If interrupted, he will have to restart the process again. Also, Mutation and Hemomancy cannot cooperate. If Leroy goes into Mutation mode, he loses the ability to manipulate blood.

Background:
    General: Leroy worked in the Virginia Mason Hospital as a surgeon. He was your cocky smartass at work, boasting about the records of medical successes within the past few years of his career. He graduated with a PhD and was famous for being one of the smartest kids in his class. To be honest, the man was actually talented. But his obnoxious attitude and overall success garnered him his co-workers' envy and annoyance and, in the end, their spiteful revenge. A single foiled surgery which resulted in the patient's death drowned Leroy in sorrows. He somehow failed to calculate the risks of a simple surgery. How did that happen? His name as the 'greatest surgeon yet' was ruined. His co-workers mocked at him and blamed him and his ego for the patient's death. And he believed their made-up story as well. The death was to be blamed on him. Eventually, he got into a brawl with someone else in a bar after a long night of drinking which almost led him to his death after the opponent pulled out a knife on him.

Stressor: He woke up in the same hospital he worked in and saw a blood bag to his side. It almost felt like instinct as he reached out for the blood bag and slipped the blood out with only his mind, which he then proceeds to consume. His health was restored in an instant as the blood flows inside of him, to the doctors' dismay.

He's accepted!

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:10 am

Both my posts are done, but college finals are getting a bit in the way of actually posting them.

I'll probably be able to post this weekend, after finals are done.

Skarten
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:27 am

And aftera long search, i have found a good power.

PHYSICS MANIPULATION!

Talchyon
Negotiator

Founded: May 05, 2016
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:43 am

Skarten wrote:And aftera long search, i have found a good power.

PHYSICS MANIPULATION!

Dang. That is good.

-Talc
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

Louisianan wrote:Talchyon has great comedic writing, that is true.

Skarten
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:32 am

I need to find a appearance for him...
Does this sound edgy
Last edited by Skarten on Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:36 am, edited 2 times in total.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:00 am

Skarten wrote:I need to find a appearance for him...
Does this sound edgy

Sure. Why not. He won't stand out at all. :D
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

Skarten
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:03 am

Talchyon wrote:
Skarten wrote:I need to find a appearance for him...
Does this sound edgy

So yes or no? I don't want him to look ridiculous.
I have a picture for him normally,but still.
Last edited by Skarten on Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:04 am

Hey OP -

I had a question. And I know that I said I'm kind of busy to post right now, but this is kind of important. Earlier, there was a post where the time was moved up a whole week! A whole week! Then, you went back and moved it to the next day. Well, ok. But I would like it that only the OP can move the time along. And also, that if you do, you let us know so we can finish what we were trying to do.

My plans with the U.S. senator Harrell was kind of involved with this - not to mention the introduction of Icelord.

-Talc

Talchyon
Negotiator

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:04 am

Skarten wrote:
Talchyon wrote:

So yes or no? I don't want him to look ridiculous.

You know? That's up to you, man.

Skarten
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:10 am

Talchyon wrote:
Skarten wrote:So yes or no? I don't want him to look ridiculous.

I just don't wanna look like a idiot.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:19 am

Skarten wrote:
Talchyon wrote:

I just don't wanna look like a idiot.

Ok, I think if my character Blasterman saw this, he'd think, "What the heck is this guy doing?"
If my character Icelord saw this, he'd think, "Weirdo."

Skarten
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:24 am

Talchyon wrote:
Skarten wrote:I just don't wanna look like a idiot.

Ok, I think if my character Blasterman saw this, he'd think, "What the heck is this guy doing?"

I need to find a picture that suits my character.You know,his powers.
Last edited by Skarten on Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:26 am

Skarten wrote:
Talchyon wrote:

I need to find a picture that suits my character.You know,his powers.

Well, good luck. Maybe something classic and cool. Like a trench coat and a simple mask.

Skarten
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:27 am

Talchyon wrote:
Skarten wrote:I need to find a picture that suits my character.You know,his powers.

Well, good luck. Maybe something classic and cool. Like a trench coat and a simple mask.

The hard part is finding it.

Skarten
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:37 am

It's hard to find someone who looks like they would manipulate physics.

New Minahasa
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby New Minahasa » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:38 am

Skarten wrote:It's hard to find someone who looks like they would manipulate physics.

I got your back.

Skarten
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:48 am

New Minahasa wrote:
Skarten wrote:It's hard to find someone who looks like they would manipulate physics.

I got your back.

ooh that's cool
It's sandy hawkins from DC RIght?
Last edited by Skarten on Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse