NATION

PASSWORD

Yigros [OOC, Fantasy, Always OPEN!]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Founded: Apr 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:17 pm

dang it.

stupid quote buttons all looking the same
Last edited by The Cyberiad Council on Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:01 pm

This is the character that will be taking Elanor's place. I think she'll fit much more smoothly in the story.

Name: Darlyssa "Lyssa" Highchurch
Appearence: Thin, average figure. Long ginger hair usually kept in a ponytail or braid, freckled skin, light green eyes and oval glasses. Has a long, oval shaped face and pointed ears with features that are a mix of elven and human. Describes herself as average in looks, not particularly beautiful but not ugly. Usually dresses in robes but wears plainer, practical clothing when traveling. She's VERY tall, taller than most women she knows as she's six foot in her stocking feet. It's kind of a source of insecurity for her.
Species: Half-elf
Faction: Mages' Guild for now, although she does have a dream of going to the Shimmering Tower and eventually being Archmage.
Personality: Lyssa is very quiet, very bookish and somewhat aloof. She doesn't really chat to people or even NOTICE people as she usually has her head in a spellbook. She has magic on the brain nearly ALL the time, and absolutely loathes being distracted. She doesn't hate people though, she just likes books better. It's very rare that she'll joke and play around, she ain't got time for all that. Her adoptive mother describes her as having "an old soul." People just assume that she's very hardworking, and she is. Although her quietness is more of a defense mechanism because she thinks that everyone is criticizing her and she doesn't want to deal.
Bio: Lyssa was born to two unknown parents in Vasten, and while her father was lower middle-class, her mother was from the poorer district of the city, the Eastern district. The two had fallen in love and kept their relationship secret, until they found out that Lyssa was coming. They already had a young son and had secretly married, but now that another child was on the way they decided that they needed to leave the city, in an effort to find a better life for themselves and their family. Lyssa was born and her mother died in childbirth, while her father was too grief-stricken and poor to care for the children, so he placed her and her brother up for adoption. The two were adopted by a wizard of the Shimmering Tower, Thorstan Highchurch and his wife Aline. Lyssa was a normal child, growing up with a great love of magic. She would use it to escape the children teasing her about her height and her heritage, it was something that made her happy and made her want to excel. One day she found the amulet among a trunk of miscellaneous items that her adopted father had brought home, and finding it fascinating but not too special she kept it when the kids were allowed to choose from among them.
Weapons: (Optional) Staff, short-sword.
Powers/Weaknesses: She has enough sword skills to make sure she doesn't die in the first five minutes against an average opponent, but that's about it. She has the usual powers of a wizard although her specialty is the Evocation branch of magic, and although she's pretty talented she's still only an apprentice. She's very intelligent and highly analytical, but she can't delegate worth nothing. She thinks she can handle everything on her own and she doesn't need help, that's probably her biggest weakness.
Likes/Dislikes: (Optional)
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.
The Diamond card suit represents fire, strength and power. Sister of the Queen of Hearts, Queen of Spades and the Queen of Clubs.

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:20 pm

Nuridia wrote:This is the character that will be taking Elanor's place. I think she'll fit much more smoothly in the story.

Appearence: Thin, average figure. Long ginger hair usually kept in a ponytail or braid, freckled skin, light green eyes and oval glasses. Has a long, oval shaped face and pointed ears with features that are a mix of elven and human. Describes herself as average in looks, not particularly beautiful but not ugly. Usually dresses in robes but wears plainer, practical clothing when traveling. She's VERY tall, taller than most women she knows as she's six foot in her stocking feet. It's kind of a source of insecurity for her.
Faction: Mages' Guild for now, although she does have a dream of going to the Shimmering Tower and eventually being Archmage.
Personality: Lyssa is very quiet, very bookish and somewhat aloof. She doesn't really chat to people or even NOTICE people as she usually has her head in a spellbook. She has magic on the brain nearly ALL the time, and absolutely loathes being distracted. She doesn't hate people though, she just likes books better. It's very rare that she'll joke and play around, she ain't got time for all that. Her adoptive mother describes her as having "an old soul." People just assume that she's very hardworking, and she is. Although her quietness is more of a defense mechanism because she thinks that everyone is criticizing her and she doesn't want to deal.
Bio: Lyssa was born to two unknown parents in Vasten, and while her father was lower middle-class, her mother was from the poorer district of the city, the Eastern district. The two had fallen in love and kept their relationship secret, until they found out that Lyssa was coming. They already had a young son and had secretly married, but now that another child was on the way they decided that they needed to leave the city, in an effort to find a better life for themselves and their family. Lyssa was born and her mother died in childbirth, while her father was too grief-stricken and poor to care for the children, so he placed her and her brother up for adoption. The two were adopted by a wizard of the Shimmering Tower, Thorstan Highchurch and his wife Aline. Lyssa was a normal child, growing up with a great love of magic. She would use it to escape the children teasing her about her height and her heritage, it was something that made her happy and made her want to excel. One day she found the amulet among a trunk of miscellaneous items that her adopted father had brought home, and finding it fascinating but not too special she kept it when the kids were allowed to choose from among them.
Powers/Weaknesses: She has enough sword skills to make sure she doesn't die in the first five minutes against an average opponent, but that's about it. She has the usual powers of a wizard although her specialty is the Evocation branch of magic, and although she's pretty talented she's still only an apprentice. She's very intelligent and highly analytical, but she can't delegate worth nothing. She thinks she can handle everything on her own and she doesn't need help, that's probably her biggest weakness.

accepted, but I want to make sure you know that the Shimmering tower was just raided...

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:38 pm

The Cyberiad Council wrote:
Nuridia wrote:This is the character that will be taking Elanor's place. I think she'll fit much more smoothly in the story.

accepted, but I want to make sure you know that the Shimmering tower was just raided...

I know, I read the post. She’s not in that area at the moment though. I don’t know if Thorstsn would be or not.
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.
The Diamond card suit represents fire, strength and power. Sister of the Queen of Hearts, Queen of Spades and the Queen of Clubs.

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:38 pm

gotcha

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 13, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:48 pm

Post up as soon as I can. Hoping to finish it tonight.

Kuhlfros
Senator

Founded: Dec 01, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kuhlfros » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:46 pm

Tag!
Now then, to bring a Lich or a Viking
Kuhlfros
Member of Greater Ixnay
[21:48] <Kuhl> ∞/10
[21:50] <Shy> AND KUHLFROS SAID UNTO THE EARTH: LET THERE BE SPECIAL SYMBOLS FOR THE RATING OF BLAMESHIFT OUT OF TEN
[21:50] <Shy> AND THE WORLD COMPLIED
[21:50] <Kuhl> I just googled the infinity symbol XD
[21:52] <Kuhl> BUT I WILL GO WITH IT
[21:52] <Shy> ALL HAIL
[21:53] <Shy> THE VIKING GOD KULHFROS
[21:53] <Kuhl> OFF TO VALHALLA

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:53 pm

Kuhlfros wrote:Tag!

What's good Kuhl.
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.

Kuhlfros
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kuhlfros » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:00 pm

Nuridia wrote:
Kuhlfros wrote:Tag!

What's good Kuhl.

Outside of a hectic final year of high school not a whole lot , what about yourself?

I decided I'll be making two viking characters, the MC and his companion
Kuhlfros
Member of Greater Ixnay
[21:50] <Shy> AND KUHLFROS SAID UNTO THE EARTH: LET THERE BE SPECIAL SYMBOLS FOR THE RATING OF BLAMESHIFT OUT OF TEN

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:27 pm

Cy, I'm just curious about our group in the forest. Not rushing at all, I'm just wondering where we go from here.
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:30 pm

Nuridia wrote:Cy, I'm just curious about our group in the forest. Not rushing at all, I'm just wondering where we go from here.

To Rummel. Something is stirring :roll:

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:46 pm

Cool, I'll just assume the boys are out of their bubbles then.
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.

Kuhlfros
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kuhlfros » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:52 pm

Name: Eric Hrafnson
Appearence:

Species: Human
Occupation: Exlied Prince, Viking (Compound term for a Raider, Warrior, Explorer, and Trader)
Faction: Hrafnson Loyalists (Supporters of Eric retaking his throne, currently only includes some secretive nobility in his homeland and Eric's own crew)
Personality: Courageous and Outspoken, Eric is a born leader, he also has a sharp tongue is rather unpredictable, not in a crazy way but as in he is a trickster who thinks outside the box which creates a mysterious air around what would be some brutal raider to some. When it comes down to it, Eric is rather ruthless, devious, and ambitious, but he doesn't forget debts he owes and trusts those who trust in him.
Bio: Born a prince in a northern human kingdom known for their seafarers and warriors, Eric's youth consisted of being raised to lead and fight and rule. But this all changed when a group of mages, nobles, and others overthrew the kingdom, allegedly with the support of Aether, but some say it was Ether. The Hrafnson dynasty was brought extinct...except for a young, 17 year old Eric, who escaped with the help of his companion and the youngest royal advisor, Hagen. Together for years they sailed across the seas, mapping lands, raiding, trading, and fighting as mercenaries and adventuring all in the quest for wealth and allies to support Eric's return to his rightful throne.
Weapons: A pair of war axes which are called Huginn and Muninn and a crossbow.
Powers/Weaknesses: Eric is a great warrior and skilled leader and strategist though rather inexperienced with large battles and also possesses the hereditary power of the Raven as part of his lineage which gives him strange prophetic dreams and sometimes allows Eric to see a few seconds into the future. However, for the most part, Eric alone is vulnerable to magic and is impulsive when angered, his ruthlessness and pride (he is a viking prince afterall) could be considered ones too that make him somewhat untrustworthy to some and can make him underestimate others.
Likes/Dislikes: Maybe another day

Name: Hagen 'Darkeyes'
Appearence:

Faction: Hrafnson Loyalists
Personality: To describe Hagen's personality would be like describing a winter seastorm, he is turbulent and rather crazy, Hagen was a known lunatic since he was a child but the line between genius and insanity is thin, and Hagen is best described as a man who jump ropes between it. He is rather sadistic to enemies and zealous to the Hrafnsons, and also a great admirer of knowledge. He is clever and tricky but also very emotional.
Bio: Little is truly known about Hagen's life before being freed by Eric's father from slavers and whenever asked he simply stated "From the sea is me and of the sea I shall be". He always liked riddles. Anyways Hagen was always rather intelligent and skilled with magic, but that came with the price of mischief and insanity which led him to brief exiles when his antics and experiments got too out of hand. But he always remained loyal to the Hrafnsons and a dear friend of Eric. During the coup, Hagen helped Eric escape and sailed away with him and has stayed by his side since.
Weapons: A bandolier of throwing axes, one war axe, a set of daggers, a staff
Powers/Weaknesses: There are three powers to note of Hagen set aside from his great intelligence and cunning ( and those are
Hemomancy: An old and frowned upon magic which instead of making use of words, an older primordial magic using blood which goes hand in hand with
Runemancy: By invoking his own blood and life into the creation of ancient runes and words of power on paper, stone, objects and when drawn in the air to create powerful but often complex and difficult to control magic.
Berserker Rage: When angered, while an average warrior normally he can invoke himself in a rage nigh unstoppable outside of death where his vision blurs and fights mercilessly until he collapses or dies, he feels no pain or tiredness until his body can no longer take it.

However he is of course a lunatic, an averge fighter, and has a weak consitution,falling ill easily, he is also crippled from a previous berserker rage which leaves him with a limp. He also doesn't speak very coherently to someone who doesn't know him.
Likes/Dislikes: Maybe later

How is this?
Last edited by Kuhlfros on Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kuhlfros
Member of Greater Ixnay

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:06 pm

Kuhlfros wrote:Name: Eric Hrafnson
Appearence:
Occupation: Exlied Prince, Viking (Compound term for a Raider, Warrior, Explorer, and Trader)
Faction: Hrafnson Loyalists (Supporters of Eric retaking his throne, currently only includes some secretive nobility in his homeland and Eric's own crew)
Personality: Courageous and Outspoken, Eric is a born leader, he also has a sharp tongue is rather unpredictable, not in a crazy way but as in he is a trickster who thinks outside the box which creates a mysterious air around what would be some brutal raider to some. When it comes down to it, Eric is rather ruthless, devious, and ambitious, but he doesn't forget debts he owes and trusts those who trust in him.
Bio: Born a prince in a northern human kingdom known for their seafarers and warriors, Eric's youth consisted of being raised to lead and fight and rule. But this all changed when a group of mages, nobles, and others overthrew the kingdom, allegedly with the support of Aether, but some say it was Ether. The Hrafnson dynasty was brought extinct...except for a young, 17 year old Eric, who escaped with the help of his companion and the youngest royal advisor, Hagen. Together for years they sailed across the seas, mapping lands, raiding, trading, and fighting as mercenaries and adventuring all in the quest for wealth and allies to support Eric's return to his rightful throne.
Powers/Weaknesses: Eric is a great warrior and skilled leader and strategist though rather inexperienced with large battles and also possesses the hereditary power of the Raven as part of his lineage which gives him strange prophetic dreams and sometimes allows Eric to see a few seconds into the future. However, for the most part, Eric alone is vulnerable to magic and is impulsive when angered, his ruthlessness and pride (he is a viking prince afterall) could be considered ones too that make him somewhat untrustworthy to some and can make him underestimate others.

Appearence:
Personality: To describe Hagen's personality would be like describing a winter seastorm, he is turbulent and rather crazy, Hagen was a known lunatic since he was a child but the line between genius and insanity is thin, and Hagen is best described as a man who jump ropes between it. He is rather sadistic to enemies and zealous to the Hrafnsons, and also a great admirer of knowledge. He is clever and tricky but also very emotional.
Bio: Little is truly known about Hagen's life before being freed by Eric's father from slavers and whenever asked he simply stated "From the sea is me and of the sea I shall be". He always liked riddles. Anyways Hagen was always rather intelligent and skilled with magic, but that came with the price of mischief and insanity which led him to brief exiles when his antics and experiments got too out of hand. But he always remained loyal to the Hrafnsons and a dear friend of Eric. During the coup, Hagen helped Eric escape and sailed away with him and has stayed by his side since.
Powers/Weaknesses: There are three powers to note of Hagen set aside from his great intelligence and cunning ( and those are
Hemomancy: An old and frowned upon magic which instead of making use of words, an older primordial magic using blood which goes hand in hand with
Runemancy: By invoking his own blood and life into the creation of ancient runes and words of power on paper, stone, objects and when drawn in the air to create powerful but often complex and difficult to control magic.
Berserker Rage: When angered, while an average warrior normally he can invoke himself in a rage nigh unstoppable outside of death where his vision blurs and fights mercilessly until he collapses or dies, he feels no pain or tiredness until his body can no longer take it.

However he is of course a lunatic, an averge fighter, and has a weak consitution,falling ill easily, he is also crippled from a previous berserker rage which leaves him with a limp. He also doesn't speak very coherently to someone who doesn't know him.

How is this?

Nice, a twofor!

Accepted.

I can't wait until you meet the Berserker(The, sort of, Demigod).
Last edited by The Cyberiad Council on Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kuhlfros
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kuhlfros » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:35 pm

Kuhlfros wrote:Name: Eric Hrafnson
Appearence:

Appearence:

How is this?

Nice, a twofor!

Accepted.

I can't wait until you meet the Berserker(The, sort of, Demigod).

Awesome! Now then, where would be a good place for a pair of exiled vikings to show up and join the story?
Kuhlfros
Member of Greater Ixnay

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:21 pm

probably just show up and join the group with the Wanderer on the road to Rummel.

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:39 pm

My post is almost ready; just need to know where most players are right now, or if they are all already heading to/in Rummel, so I can set the location of Lasiria properly.

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:45 pm

The V O I D wrote:My post is almost ready; just need to know where most players are right now, or if they are all already heading to/in Rummel, so I can set the location of Lasiria properly.

see above post

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:49 pm

The V O I D wrote:My post is almost ready; just need to know where most players are right now, or if they are all already heading to/in Rummel, so I can set the location of Lasiria properly.

see above post

Ah, right. I'll post soon, then; just need to put the final touches on it.

The Land of Golden Blobfish
Ambassador

Founded: May 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Land of Golden Blobfish » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:01 pm

Hey OP, you probably already said it in the IC somewhere but I was just wondering if you could describe Rummel a bit, like the lands around it. Just curious as I'll probably just have Alex's family's farm be somewhere near it of that's okay
BOSS NASS : Yousa cannot bees hair. Dis army of mackineeks up dare tis new
weesong!
QUI-GON : That droid army is about to attack the Naboo. We must warn them.
BOSS NASS : Wesa no like da Naboo! Un dey no like uss-ens. Da Naboo tink
day so smarty den us-ens. Day tink day brains so big.
OBI-WAN : After those droids take control of the surface, they will come
here and take control of you.
BOSS NASS : No, mesa no tink so. Mesa scant talkie witda Naboo, and no
nutten talkie it outlaunders. Dos mackineeks no comen here! Dey not know of
uss-en.
OBI-WAN : You and the Naboo form a symbiont circle. What happens to noe of
you will affect the other. You must understand this.
BOSS NASS : Wesa wish no nutten in yousa tings, outlaunder, and wesa no
care-n about da Naboo.

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:20 pm

Not my best work, decided to scrap a few bits that didn't make sense, but there we go. Lasiria is on her own quest...

Higher Japan
Senator

Founded: Oct 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Higher Japan » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:25 pm

Cy I have a question which may be related in the future. But for blarel, would the current power my character is at, with the light of salvation, be able to weaker him.
We don't use NS stats
A -0 civilization, according to this index.
Mod warning counter:
Unofficial: 1
NOTICE: As of 14/10, the empress has officially been granted greater control of the government, including military and financial sectors. That is all, have a good day.

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:26 pm

The Land of Golden Blobfish wrote:Hey OP, you probably already said it in the IC somewhere but I was just wondering if you could describe Rummel a bit, like the lands around it. Just curious as I'll probably just have Alex's family's farm be somewhere near it of that's okay

Oof. Well, Zapatha is Rping as the King that rules Rummel, so he can have a lot of say as to what the actual city looks like in specifics, but it I would say it is a large human city, so lots of stone buildings, maybe something like this. Anyway, the important thing is that I placed it at the foothills of that nearby mountain range. The East stretches out towards forests and plains, while to the west the elevation increases steadily into the mountain with lots of small ridges and hills. If you look closely at the map, you will see that one of the expanses of the mountain range stretch almost to Rummel, and might actually run into the city. The surrounding area is mostly light forests, but there are some sections of plains.

I hope that answers your question well enough (imagry isn't my strong suit). The important thing to remember is that nearby hill/ridge...

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:28 pm

Higher Japan wrote:Cy I have a question which may be related in the future. But for blarel, would the current power my character is at, with the light of salvation, be able to weaker him.

It would take an entire Legion of angels to weaken Balrael (he's one of the big demons). More reasonably it would take several cherubim.

Edit: The Handmaiden probably could kill him, if he wasn't hyped up on Aether like he currently is.
Last edited by The Cyberiad Council on Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:31 pm

The V O I D wrote:Not my best work, decided to scrap a few bits that didn't make sense, but there we go. Lasiria is on her own quest...

I like it. The King of the Broken might have some interest in you...

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse