NATION

PASSWORD

A Strange New Horizon [OOC | Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:12 am

Olthenia wrote:
G-Tech Corporation wrote:
Ah, good, a genuine rogue and cutthroat. You'll be starting in Jonestown? Santo Domingo? Happily accepted.

Santo Domingo, if I may. :)

Sure, sounds good. You can probably find good work easily chopping up natives for the governor's expedition.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Olthenia
Senator

Founded: Oct 03, 2009
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Olthenia » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:32 am

Olthenia wrote:
Santo Domingo, if I may. :)

Sure, sounds good. You can probably find good work easily chopping up natives for the governor's expedition.

Well then - a-chopping we shall go. It's bloody work, to be sure; but better than gravedigging.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:52 am

Ouch. RNGesus did not smile upon the PCs today.

Still, Ralnis gets a new toy.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:45 am

Application
Name: Edward Tomlinson
Allegiance: European
Appearance: pale, thin, blue eyes, brown hair, 5"2 in height.
Backstory: Edward "Ted" Tomlinson was born into this world as a noble. He was raised quite casually often playing with the poorer kids. His families dynasty was but a small minor dynasty that saw little ambition. As Ted's later childhood came he noticed the political issues surrounding the land which he lived in. The king stricken by grief went mad and started executing noblemen who he believed were part of the plot that killed his wife and attempted to kill him. The nobility took heavy casualties including the destruction of many dynasty's. Ted's father Eric Tomlinson started a revolt to dethrone the mad king, and failed tremendously and as punishment for his crimes he was to be executed and his dynasty along with him. However Eric's little to few remaining allies had set up a way for Ted to escape and after explaining to Ted he couldn't help the situation at all, they shipped him to the new world. Now Ted jobless, homeless, and seeking a way to make a living will now use his fencing skills and little belongings he has to survive in this strange new world.
Archetype: Conquistador:
Statistics
Health: 10
Melee: 9
Defense: 5
Range: 5
Morale: 10
Strength: 5
Skill: ***
Inventory:
200 coins
Cutlass
Leather Jerkin
Family locket
Hirelings:None
RP Sample:
Really? You've seen me write G...
#OverTheHorizon
Last edited by Holy Tedalonia on Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
Name: Ted
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.
I M P E R I A LR E P U B L I C

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:47 am

Holy Tedalonia wrote:
Application
Name: Ted Tomlinson
Backstory:In Progress
Archetype: Conquistador
Inventory:In progress
Hirelings:In progress
RP Sample:
#OverTheHorizon

Seems like a great idea hang on though not done yet. I don't think I'll have hirelings though.

Outcome: Denied.

Reason: Insufficient RP sample.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:49 am

Holy Tedalonia wrote:
Application
Name: Ted Tomlinson
Backstory:In Progress
Archetype: Conquistador
Inventory:In progress
Hirelings:In progress
RP Sample:
#OverTheHorizon

Seems like a great idea hang on though not done yet. I don't think I'll have hirelings though.

Yeah I know. I going to edit it later.
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:50 am

Holy Tedalonia wrote:

Yeah I know. I going to edit it later.

I jest, I jest.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:55 am

Holy Tedalonia wrote:Yeah I know. I going to edit it later.

I jest, I jest.

Ok, btw I was wondering, can I be a hireling? I don't want to bother leading that much, and it might be fun to play elite hireling. I know it's a tad bit strange, but I like to go for "unique" characters.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:59 am

Holy Tedalonia wrote:
I jest, I jest.

Ok, btw I was wondering, can I be a hireling? I don't want to bother leading that much, and it might be fun to play elite hireling. I know it's a tad bit strange, but I like to go for "unique" characters.

You could certain work for another character, indeed. You wouldn’t use hireling mechanics though.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:00 am

Holy Tedalonia wrote:Ok, btw I was wondering, can I be a hireling? I don't want to bother leading that much, and it might be fun to play elite hireling. I know it's a tad bit strange, but I like to go for "unique" characters.

You could certain work for another character, indeed. You wouldn’t use hireling mechanics though.

True, but I figured coordination would have to be involved. Is there anyone willing to take a char under their banner?

Darksworth
Envoy

Founded: Nov 10, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Darksworth » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:06 am

Holy Tedalonia wrote:

True, but I figured coordination would have to be involved. Is there anyone willing to take a char under their banner?

Not for me doug, kinda' stuck on either getting slaughtered by an entire village of Indians and offered to some Pocahontas God, or not. Who knows?
The Commonwealth of Darksworth is a pseudo-steampunk space-faring civilization. With their technology having been acquired by invading a far greater civilization. Due to this peculiar situation, their tech is a mix between pre-industrialized and late-space age.
Technology Level: Tier 4-5: PT/MT
Arcane Level: Level 0-Inept
Influence Type: Type 6-Planetary Politician
Based on this Index
---
Tier: Tier 5
Type: Type IV
Government Size: Superpower
Based on this Index

*Consult me for NS stats via TG*
Working as a Concept Artist, drawing mainly monsters, creatures and maps. Currently living somewhere in Southeast Asia or Oceania, take a guess.
---
In terms of my political stance, I'm Far/Alt-Right. That's legit, I could be categorized as a Technocratic Fascist.

Tysklandia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 15, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Tysklandia » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:26 am

Holy Tedalonia wrote:

I would not mind, we can coordinate on discord and the like.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:27 am

Tysklandia wrote:
Holy Tedalonia wrote:True, but I figured coordination would have to be involved. Is there anyone willing to take a char under their banner?

I still have to make my character though, so don't expect it to soon, but thanks :)

Tysklandia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 15, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Tysklandia » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:36 am

Holy Tedalonia wrote:
Tysklandia wrote:

I still have to make my character though, so don't expect it to soon, but thanks :)

I am just open to the idea. No need to rush yourself, i'll just keep doing what i'm doing and your character, in case you hitch a ride, can offer his/hers services to join me on my merry quest for glory and all that.

Novas Arcanum
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 14, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Novas Arcanum » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:38 am

Is it possible to repair the ship?

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:35 am

Ralnis wrote:G, how much would it take to make Werewolf made armor?

Hmm, fitted armor? For three men? Out of what material?

Maybe out of iron or brozne if the natives had such things.

Also, couldn't I just burn the temple down?
Last edited by Ralnis on Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:39 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:
Application
Backstory: Edward "Ted" Tomlinson was born into this world as a noble. He was raised quite casually often playing with the poorer kids. His families dynasty was but a small minor dynasty that saw little ambition. As Ted's later childhood came he noticed the political issues surrounding the land which he lived in. The king stricken by grief went mad and started executing noblemen who he believed were part of the plot that killed his wife and attempted to kill him. The nobility took heavy casualties including the destruction of many dynasty's. Ted's father Eric Tomlinson started a revolt to dethrone the mad king, and failed tremendously and as punishment for his crimes he was to be executed and his dynasty along with him. However Eric's little to few remaining allies had set up a way for Ted to escape and after explaining to Ted he couldn't help the situation at all, they shipped him to the new world. Now Ted jobless, homeless, and seeking a way to make a living will now use his fencing skills and little belongings he has to survive in this strange new world.
Statistics
Inventory:
200 coins
Cutlass
Leather Jerkin
Family locket
RP Sample:
#OverTheHorizon

Notes: wondering if nobility skill would be allowed, since any decent Noble would know another noble.

Updated

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:58 pm

Are you going to make a app list in the future?

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:01 pm

Novas Arcanum wrote:Is it possible to repair the ship?

Certainly. Basic repairs will only take some wood and rope.

Ralnis wrote:
Hmm, fitted armor? For three men? Out of what material?

Maybe out of iron or brozne if the natives had such things.

Well, the natives don't do metalworking to any great extent- certainly not armor, though weapons are the exceptions by and large.

It is going to be difficult to burn down a stone temple large enough to house catacombs beneath it, but you can certainly try.

Holy Tedalonia wrote:
Holy Tedalonia wrote:
Application
Statistics
Inventory:
200 coins
Cutlass
Leather Jerkin
Family locket
RP Sample:
#OverTheHorizon

Notes: wondering if nobility skill would be allowed, since any decent Noble would know another noble.

Updated

What do you mean when you say "nobility skill"?

Overall, though, that looks to be in order.

Holy Tedalonia wrote:Are you going to make a app list in the future?

Probably not- if people post in the IC, I remember them. If not, no real need to know I accepted them or not.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:08 pm

Novas Arcanum wrote:Is it possible to repair the ship?

Certainly. Basic repairs will only take some wood and rope.

Ralnis wrote:Maybe out of iron or brozne if the natives had such things.

Well, the natives don't do metalworking to any great extent- certainly not armor, though weapons are the exceptions by and large.

It is going to be difficult to burn down a stone temple large enough to house catacombs beneath it, but you can certainly try.

Holy Tedalonia wrote:Updated

What do you mean when you say "nobility skill"?

Overall, though, that looks to be in order.

Holy Tedalonia wrote:Are you going to make a app list in the future?

Probably not- if people post in the IC, I remember them. If not, no real need to know I accepted them or not.

Nobility skill as in knowledge of current kings and queens as well as certain popular dukes. Basically knows the politics and rumors between nobles. Doubt it would be useful but it would be a nice minor thing. I don't need it Ofcourse.

Novas Arcanum
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 14, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Novas Arcanum » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:29 pm

What exactly do I have left?

EDIT: I ask because it wasn't exactly clear what I lost,I know two iron tools are gone
Last edited by Novas Arcanum on Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ApplePieistan
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 06, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby ApplePieistan » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:29 pm

ApplePieistan wrote:Is Verore’s OOC acceptance of us splitting the loot enough, or will I need to wait for him to make a proper IC post? Because that may take a while.

Yeah, good enough for me. I'll post in a jiff.

Awesome; can’t wait.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:36 pm

Ralnis wrote:Maybe out of iron or brozne if the natives had such things.

Well maybe I can see if I can do a skill check with some smith or something. Maybe transform into a werewolf and have one of my followers get some measurements.

Looks like I got to go in the hard way with torches or that fireball spell. I decided to see if the Spirits are willing to at least give me some bonus on the morale checks to make sure I can try and throw at the half-men who are surely going to outnumber me since there's more than five in those catacombs.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Durmatagno
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Durmatagno » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:47 pm

Wish I had seen this sooner, but oh well, 'ello G-Tech, you have caught my attention again, and this time, I have no risk of losing internet, and now have a backup computer should something happen to this one. Will be putting something up tomorrow as I'm tired.
When we lose one we love, our bitterest tears are called forth by the memory of hours when we loved not enough. - Maurice Maeterlinck

There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are the messengers of overwhelming grief, of deep contrition, and of unspeakable love. - Washington Irving

It is easy to hate and it is difficult to love. This is how the whole scheme of things works. All good things are difficult to achieve; and bad things are very easy to get. - Confucius

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:34 am

Durmatagno wrote:Wish I had seen this sooner, but oh well, 'ello G-Tech, you have caught my attention again, and this time, I have no risk of losing internet, and now have a backup computer should something happen to this one. Will be putting something up tomorrow as I'm tired.

Glad to see you again Durm! It has been a while, welcome.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse