NATION

PASSWORD

A Strange New Horizon [OOC | Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Novas Arcanum
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 14, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Novas Arcanum » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:42 pm

Ralnis wrote:Somethings telling me that if Apple and her gang were to link with you, you'll be without a ship.

Shes going to be in the jungle for weeks,it'll take me 4 days to get to Oneidas

ApplePieistan
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 06, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby ApplePieistan » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:42 pm

Ralnis wrote:Somethings telling me that if Apple and her gang were to link with you, you'll be without a ship.

I thought about that, but all in all, we have 12 people. The scudrunner can only hold 10.

Novas Arcanum
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Novas Arcanum » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:45 pm

G-Tech would iron tools be more expensive in all Native settlements given the lack of iron making?

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:46 pm

Novas Arcanum wrote:

True, I'll still be in Karaza, mostly to try and get into the Undercity to find magical artifacts or fight these Night Men of the South.

ApplePieistan wrote:

I thought about that, but all in all, we have 12 people. The scudrunner can only hold 10.

Could see if you can make it to a village, take it over and become a warlord.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Novas Arcanum
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Novas Arcanum » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:48 pm

Ralnis wrote:
Novas Arcanum wrote:Shes going to be in the jungle for weeks,it'll take me 4 days to get to Oneidas

True, I'll still be in Karaza, mostly to try and get into the Undercity to find magical artifacts or fight these Night Men of the South.

ApplePieistan wrote:I thought about that, but all in all, we have 12 people. The scudrunner can only hold 10.

See I plan these things out

ApplePieistan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby ApplePieistan » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:51 pm

Ralnis wrote:
ApplePieistan wrote:I thought about that, but all in all, we have 12 people. The scudrunner can only hold 10.

We are far too bad at fighting to be taking over villages.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:51 pm

Ralnis wrote:So will I be working like a normal guard or can I go more specialized missions?

I’m fine with whichever you prefer.

ApplePieistan wrote:G-Tech, how long do you reckon it’d take me to turn hunted animals into a leather jerkin?

A week for the tanning process, though without someone skilled in tanning you’ll have good odds of failing the creation process.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:58 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:
Ralnis wrote:So will I be working like a normal guard or can I go more specialized missions?

ApplePieistan wrote:G-Tech, how long do you reckon it’d take me to turn hunted animals into a leather jerkin?

A week for the tanning process, though without someone skilled in tanning you’ll have good odds of failing the creation process.

Well how many recruits who came back managed to inflict casualties on the half-men or even kill some without training?
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:02 pm

Ralnis wrote:

Well how many recruits who came back managed to inflict casualties on the half-men or even kill some without training?

The test was more for Whungun as a shaman than the recruits- burning out an infestation of half-men is pretty routine for the guard of the Stone City, they just send a team with a mage. Chopping your way through the emaciated deviants as a man of no particular arcane power would be dicey.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

ApplePieistan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby ApplePieistan » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:06 pm

Novas Arcanum wrote:

Aren’t you around couple weeks ahead of me? Because you travelled from Santa Domingo to Jonestown, shopped around for a few days, and now are coming to Oneidas?

I should note that I’m not interested in robbing you anymore. Robbing people in cities is too risky. I would be interested in buying a crowbar though, if those were invented.
Last edited by ApplePieistan on Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:42 pm

Ralnis wrote:Well how many recruits who came back managed to inflict casualties on the half-men or even kill some without training?

The test was more for Whungun as a shaman than the recruits- burning out an infestation of half-men is pretty routine for the guard of the Stone City, they just send a team with a mage. Chopping your way through the emaciated deviants as a man of no particular arcane power would be dicey.

Fair enough, how much would be my wages? Still the same and I'll have to find my way through adventure to find better things?

ApplePieistan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby ApplePieistan » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:50 pm

Would it be possible to better our aim with target practice?

Tysklandia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 15, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Tysklandia » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:06 am

ApplePieistan wrote:Would it be possible to better our aim with target practice?

Improving stats by long term training. Do you mean stat increase without levelling? The way the system works now, that would require EXP gain by training I think. Unless I am missing something.

I know the OOC lists "2 HP, and will be presented with a list of randomly generated perks to choose from."
So we recieve a perk, but I am unsure if we recieve perk that says "+2 range" or "+2 strength" or whatnot alongside other choices.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:11 am

Tysklandia wrote:
ApplePieistan wrote:Would it be possible to better our aim with target practice?

Improving stats by long term training. Do you mean stat increase without levelling? The way the system works now, that would require EXP gain by training I think. Unless I am missing something.

I know the OOC lists "2 HP, and will be presented with a list of randomly generated perks to choose from."
So we recieve a perk, but I am unsure if we recieve perk that says "+2 range" or "+2 strength" or whatnot alongside other choices.

Wait the +2 HP and the random perk? Then I guess I'm did my level up wrong.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:13 am

Ralnis wrote:
Tysklandia wrote:

Wait the +2 HP and the random perk? Then I guess I'm did my level up wrong.

Nah. You just get +4 HP, because you picked a bonus 2 HP on top of what you already were receiving.

Not as such, no. At least not within a timeframe you want to deal with.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:14 am

Novas Arcanum wrote:G-Tech would iron tools be more expensive in all Native settlements given the lack of iron making?

Indeed. Iron tools are one of the few trade goods that will almost always be profitable to run along certain routes, because the demand of the New World for such goods is essentially independent of how many can be supplied to the various tribes and villages.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:19 am

Ralnis wrote:Wait the +2 HP and the random perk? Then I guess I'm did my level up wrong.

Nah. You just get +4 HP, because you picked a bonus 2 HP on top of what you already were receiving.

Not as such, no. At least not within a timeframe you want to deal with.

That's what I thought, so I'm not just a werewolf, I'm a tanky werewolf. I can take more hits and more damage from half-men and bullets.

ApplePieistan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby ApplePieistan » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:37 pm

G-Tech, I get that you’re waiting for Verore before resolving my action, but me opening the chests doesn’t REALLY require him and it would let me plan ahead. Just something to consider.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:55 pm

ApplePieistan wrote:G-Tech, I get that you’re waiting for Verore before resolving my action, but me opening the chests doesn’t REALLY require him and it would let me plan ahead. Just something to consider.

Yeah, I’m more just waiting to see if he tries to make off with the chests alone, or something like that. His men were the ones carrying them, after all.

ApplePieistan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby ApplePieistan » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:10 pm

ApplePieistan wrote:G-Tech, I get that you’re waiting for Verore before resolving my action, but me opening the chests doesn’t REALLY require him and it would let me plan ahead. Just something to consider.

Yeah, I’m more just waiting to see if he tries to make off with the chests alone, or something like that. His men were the ones carrying them, after all.

I understand. I only asked because I wanted to buy a crowbar from Novas before he leaves.

Tysklandia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tysklandia » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:58 pm

hey OP,

I don't suppose my hirelings get a level up for killing with a cannon? xD

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:42 pm

Tysklandia wrote:hey OP,

I don't suppose my hirelings get a level up for killing with a cannon? xD

Well, those kills are really distributed throughout the NPC crews that were also firing cannons- but sure, why not? One kill for each hireling.

ApplePieistan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby ApplePieistan » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:10 pm

Hey Novas, if I can sync up to you when you’re still in Oneidas, would you be willing to sacrifice one of your civilian hirelings to me? In exchange, I will give you one of my fresh-tier hirelings (without the bow; let’s not get crazy).

Tysklandia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tysklandia » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:36 pm

These 3 'fresh' tier hirelings will likely make me backrupt, tjezusss

Novas Arcanum
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Novas Arcanum » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:52 pm

ApplePieistan wrote:Hey Novas, if I can sync up to you when you’re still in Oneidas, would you be willing to sacrifice one of your civilian hirelings to me? In exchange, I will give you one of my fresh-tier hirelings (without the bow; let’s not get crazy).

No

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse