NATION

PASSWORD

Young Bloods(REBOOT OOC, Superhero RP, Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Absolon-7
Diplomat

Founded: May 11, 2014
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Absolon-7 » Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:47 am

On Space Stuff
Can hadrian space stations be as big as cities?
Hmm maybe not that large but they are def big.

So Hadrians have colonial cities on their moons?
Think I'm gonna go with no. in the sense that while they could, they probably don't find it practical. Assuming that it's just a barren rock like earth's moon here, rather than something exotic like say, enceladus.

Can they terraform planets?
Think I'll go with them not being able to terraform on a planetary scale, but they probably have the technology to do it on chunks of a planet or establish inhabitable areas in otherwise hostile environments.

Do they have stuff for planetary shields? Even temporary ones?
Yeah, it's costly to put them up and even more so to keep them up for an extended period of time, but after the war with the choir of destruction, the Hadrians began working on developing and installing shield generators in major cities they're meant to withstand orbital bombardment and all that good stuff. If you meant planet-wide though, probably not, no.

Can they build dyson spheres?
Nah, that seems orders of magnitude more advanced than planetary shields or planetary terraforming, so.

Do they have floating ocean cities? Either on Adai or some colonized world.
That's interesting. I'd think they have some yeah. They could probably build floating cities as well but I'm not sure they'd do something like that without a good reason so, I'll hold off on affirming those exist.

Maybe floating cities on a gas planet with some exotic fuel?
Yeah I thought of that one too. Floating cities on gas giants.

What's their space force like?
Well they probably have a spaceship fleet, Neros. idk what else to tell you aside from that. Also they want a strong fleet to prevent the Theocracy from doing another day of the falling sky nods. I figure the space fleet of adai has the self-imposed mission of protecting other species from what happened to them and all, so yeah, they'd fight over border planets fairly often.

Does the star in Adai's system have a name?
Something like blazing highness: Thalaskir.

Fun Facts
Even for Hadrians I envisioned them having a few dozen star systems at most really. They can reach much farther, but they mostly just like exploring.

On Technology Stuff
Do Hadrians have some sort of firearms/lazer guns?
Hadrians probably use heavy hand-held directed energy weapons (because they can afford to lug them around and I imagine they reverse-engineered them from the Theocracy) in war situations, but otherwise I figure they mostly rely on their own power or more commonly use weapons with a more medieval bent. Some of the common folk might use small, low-power cryogenic weaponry to dissuade attackers, maybe? Idk. they do use huge bows and arrows, they probably punch like a bullet. Hadrian archers are very revered for their strength and skill.

Would Hadrians have had bow and arrows too?
Oh yeah, they do have bows. Probably made with the super hard hairs of some monster or other that's common (or used to be, maybe) in Adai. I guess they could've used that to make guitars, though I was more thinking they just didn't think to use them for that, the part about breaking strings was just me poking fun at the idea.

Do Hadrians have heavy military vehicles? Like tanks or self propelled artillery.
Uh, probably do.

How well can Hadrians code?
Fairly well if based on a preexisting language.

On Culture & Society Stuff
Maybe the Hadrians can use stuff like ruanas. They're venezuelan ponchos for the cold Andes regions. Doesn’t have sleeves!
Yeah I actually thought of ponchos. They're prob quite popular among Hadrians nods. Thick heavy ponchos to huddle under. Unobtrusive and warm.

Since humanity is a word. Is Hadrianity a word too for em?
I don't think so, though the explanation depends on the meaning - if you mean as a word to refer to their own species they would probably just say something like "the hadrian race".

Do Hadrians have any sort of domesticated animals? For either cheap food or labor.
Sure, I imagine fowl would fall in that category. They're hardly the most exciting animal to hunt anyway. not sure about labor, I imagine with the sort of technology they have most heavy lifting is done by machines at this point, but maybe in remote areas.

Hadrian movies!
Kiris' favorite movie is Azamaat, a period piece about a little girl who loses her pet wolf during an evacuation and is reunited with him years later, after the end of the Theocracy War. The invention of filming went something like this
Hadrian: looking at the visual records of a captured enemy ship "What if we used this to record ourselves LARPing?"

Would those be exported to Earth markets?
Maybe Abs. I imagine a portion of the population would be fascinated with them, especially humanities types and the like, but idk how popular they'd be overall.

Is Adai a one-world government?
They present a united front to other races, but they're actually divided into various states that each have their own culture and language and stuff, and no single one has total control.

Would their government be considered a theocratic oligarchy?
I don't think so. I guess oligarchy fits but it's not quite theocratic I don't think. iunno what to call it tbh, the fact that the watchers themselves hail from different systems of government confuses me.

fun facts:
Every hadrian has a pillow cave/mound in their room. This custom stems from an ancient tradition of hoarding stuff in their lairs to honor the goddess; said tradition changed with the times until eventually coming to its present form.

New issue for Hadrians: they can't type universally. texting humans must've been a pain in the ass for the first few Hadrians to figure out. I did forget they mostly use speech to text though

On Language Stuff
Hadrian Language stuff dump

Why would Hadrians have different languages when they automatically learn each other's language? Why not just decide on one language and have everyone use it?
Because there's various groups that developed separately and no one wants to just forget their traditions. The fact that they can understand foreigners just fine doesn't mean they'd want to speak like one when they're among their own people, you know.

Is the language the Hadrian spellsongs are sung in one of the Hadrian languages, or is it some ancient extinct holy language like their version of Latin? If it's the former, then does each Hadrian language have their own different spellsongs, or do they translate the spellsongs to their language even if some meaning is lost through translation?
The latter.

Are you gonna ask how a language could become extinct next?
Did someone exterminate their users?Because I imagine that's the only way to kill a Hadrian language to systematically exterminate all of its users.
It was not 'exterminated', it simply fell out of prominence (sans for mystical/religious affairs) due to some (as of yet not thought of :P) extralinguistic affairs (their state collapsed or whatever).

When Hadrians speak do they know they are speaking a new language to them, or is it still the same language they have always spoken?
They do know.

Bonus language lore:
I don't know about native, but they would certainly have a family language; my thought is that they are simply more careful/defensive with their traditions because of how easy it is for them to be mixed up/diluted/lost; tradition, in this instance, would include their family's language. In the specific case of cities, I'm not set on this, but there could be laws in some places that try to enforce a specific language inside of the city (obviously not in people's homes and the like, but in public areas, businesses and such).

Do Hadrians have a concept of polyglotism, i.e. individuals who spend their time actively trying to learn as many languages as possible? Or is it seen as a waste of time because Hadrians can never have a linguistic barrier when talking to any living species?
There could be some Hadrians out there who try to learn all the languages in the universe or some junk, but I doubt it's a widespread phenomenon at all.

Do all Hadrians speak like Australians?
Hadrians that learned English from Vortex during the First Contact, and Hadrians who learned English from those first Hadrians, would speak with a British accent; Hadrians who didn't know English prior to visiting or moving into New Adai, however, would speak with an Aussie accent (as in Kiris' case)

On Biology Stuff
How many Hadrian kids are in a litter?
Jokes aside, they probably have children one by one like humans.

How long is their pregnancy btw?
Idk, let's say 8 months just to be different I guess.

What’s Hadrian puberty like? What are newborns like?
Horns and crystals on Hadrians arise in puberty. Their armored scale parts are soft and malleable like pangolins and armadillos when born.

When a hadrian's arm comes down to their knee is that where their fingers stop or where their wrists start?
If I recall, when I wrote that I was thinking that was where their fingers stopped. So just a little longer than human arms I guess if it seems too little we could probably say it's where the fingers start, though - a middle ground if you will.

Also how long are their claws? Like the length of a human hand?
Maybe around half of that? so still noticeably longer, but not that massive. also y'now, sharp and hard.

Are Hadrians smarter than humans?
No, that was just an insult. More adaptable if anything, due to the whole linguistic absorption thing.

On Superpower Stuff
How do Hadrians get supernatural abilities?
So basically as far as supernatural abilities go for Hadrians, there's a few ways to get one. The first would be simple training - the average Hadrian isn't really supposed to be much stronger than your average human (albeit a little more dangerous and more resilient on account of their physiology), but their upper limits are way above human limits, so they can get pretty strong through harsh training alone. The second you already know as well, becoming learned in the way of spellsongs to draw power directly from Hadrimmelis' font of power and use it in various ways. The third way would be getting empowered by a Dragon Crystal, similar to what happens to humans, though in Hadrians it manifests in a very specific manner, in which a powerful, singular reality-warping ability becomes tied to their voices - so for example, a Hadrian could become capable of summoning and controlling ice and snow simply by projecting their voice in various manners. It's a bit similar to their spellsongs, but more versatile in its specificity (abusable through creative use and whatnot, like a vanilla superpower) and more readily available, since a complex spell doesn't need to be completed. The fourth way similarly involves the Hadrian's voice, but rather than become empowered and gain supernatural abilities, one goes through an intense period of training and self-reflection to unlock the true power of one's voice, and thus becomes able to harness its physical presence in various ways - buncha sonic powers basically. The fifth way would be taking a trip to one of various mystical wells that exist in Adai and undergo a ritual to bond with the well - you get a crystal arm that's obviously very strong and durable and which you can manipulate to a limited degree via thought, and you also get abilities - limited in their versatility, but powerful - based around either fire, thunder or stone. They really boil down to dragon crystals, magic (learned in one case, artifact-based in the other) and charles atlas superpowers (weightlifter vs voice fu monk). I entertained the thought at one point that Hadrians might have a specific martial art/combat philosophy that emphasizes their connection to music and sense of rhythm so they can learn to 'predict the music' and thus their foes' movements and whatnot.

Tell me more of the crystal knights though.
I don't really have that much lore thought up about the crystal knights, other than the fact that you need a sage to perform the ritual (but a wizard can't do it on themselves/have someone else do it for them because insert long and complicated metaphysical fine print here), it's very painful and dangerous, and there's probably an ulterior motive for why you're being granted that kind of power.

On History Stuff
Hadrian-theocracy war backstory?
Hadrians had developed their own space travel and had limited colonization of nearby planets, but I figure even then the sheer scale of destruction from the initial attack would be very difficult to comprehend at first. Undecided whether the outlying colonies got wiped out or actually had a slightly easier time because the theocracy focused on the place with greater concentration of organics (Adai) but yeah they got hit pretty hard. The hadrians got their shit together after the initial attack and began inflicting heavy losses on the choir of destruction. then a less belligerent choir negotiated a ceasefire. so they're still around, but try to stay out of Adai's way, so if there's any conflict at all it probably comes in the form of border skirmishes, fights over outlying planets and whatnot..

The Hadrians have existed for 3 million years?
Anyway, no, the Hadrians probably haven't been around that long. They might be even younger than humanity, considering they were created instead of spontaneously evolving.

Relationship Spreadsheets
Renata's YB Relationships- Finland SSR
Red's YB Relationships - Fake Finn
Mike's YB Relationships - Auropa
Kirisvala's YB Relationships - Zark
Alexis' YB Relationships - Zark
Wyatt's YB Relationships - Atria
Dalin's YB Relationships - Galnius
Andrew's YB Relationships - Galnius
Lore Stuff
NASL League Rankings- Tomia
Hadrian language stuff dump - Zark
The Confederation of Heroes - Finland SSR
The Ultra Corps - Neros
Cassandra's Sisters - Charm
YB NPC FCs - Various
Miscellaneous Stuff
YB Timeline (outdated) - Finland SSR (spiritual predecessor)
YB Character Power Source Classification- Finland SSR
YB Relationship Rankings- Finland SSR
YB Snappening - Finland SSR
YB Tier Maker- Finland SSR
YB Tier Maker - North America Inc
YB Pokemon Types- Segral
YB Mario Kart- Segral
Seg's Thinkpiece: YB Rankings- Segral
Seg's Thinkpiece: OS Rankings- Segral
YB Birthday Calendar- Zark
YB Power Rankings- Atria
Gal's Ship Tiers- Galnius
Games
YB RPG (beta) - turn based game made with RPG maker - Finland SSR
YB Heart of Olympium (beta) - Hearts of Iron 4 Mod - Finland SSR
Pocket Bloods (beta) - parody of Pokemon - Finland SSR
Young Bloods II - turn based fantasy version of YB

Canon (Everything YB related that's happened)
Moving In - Fake Finn - ?/?/?
The Missing Semicolon - Zark - 2/16/2018
Young Bloods Game Night #1 - Zark - 3/29/2018
Young Gamers - Fake Finn - 4/23/2018
Do Androids Have Nightmares About Digital Demons?- Charm - 6/28/2018
Lucid Dreaming - Finland SSR - 6/30/2018
JQ Wedding - Tomia - 7/9/2018
Capture the Flag - Atria 7/12/2018
Stay By My Side - Fake Finn - 7/19/2018
There's Discord Among the Team - Finland SSR - 1/17/2019
Conception (OS Challenge Entry) - Atria - 4/1/2019
Let it Go (OS Challenge Entry) - Galnius - 5/21/2019
Fool's Errand Ch 1, Ch 2, Ch 3, Ch 4 - Atria - 9/10,9/20,9/22,9/24/2019
A Moth to the Flame (OS Challenge Entry) - Zark - 10/11/2019
Under the Mistletoe - Galnius - 12/23/2019
Square Dancing (Xmas Gift) - Galnius - 12/26/2019
Cass' YB Relationships - Charm - 2/4/2020
Hell's Training - Atria - 2/15/2020
revenge against abs - Finland SSR - 2/22/2020
Hell's Training 2 - Atria - 3/3/2020
Dust Filled Memories - Fake Finn - 3/31/2020
The Long Chilly Night - Zark - 4/1/2020
Overcoming Distance - Galnius - 4/24/2020
Warmth - Fake Finn - 5/2/2020
Mars' First Tournament - Tomia - 5/7/2020
Marble Bloods - Tomia - 6/7/2020
Young Bloods and Dragons - Atria - 7/26/2020
Light in the Darkness - Finland SSR - 8/12/2020
Another Beginning - Zark - 8/18/2020
Family Matters - Atria - 11/4/2020
Nerds and Bolts (Xmas Gift) - Zark - 11/10/2020
The Best Way to Start the Day - Zark - 9/23/2021
Coffee Shop Shenanigans - Zark - 10/28/2021
Infiltration - Zark - 11/4/2021
What Makes a Young Blood (Secret Santa) - Finland SSR - 11/22/2021
A Nice Day (Secret Santa) - Atria - 11/22/2021
A Hero Like My Father (Secret Santa) - Tomia - 11/23/2021
A Not So Secret Santa (OS Challenge Entry) - Fake Finn - 12/23/2021
Communion, Clothes Make the Draq - Atria - 12/27/2021, 1/18/2022
Holiday in Another World (OS Challenge Entry) - Zark - 2/1/2022

Shared Universe (stuff that is canon but doesn't have/star YBs in em)
The Guns of Vegas - Charm - 7/19/2018
Wonder into the Future - Charm - 7/22/2018
That Which is Dead - Charm - 8/2/2018
Become Human - Finland SSR - 9/14/2018
How To Train Your Dragon (OS Challenge Entry) - Finland SSR - 3/10/2019
NASL Tournament Ch 1,Ch 2 - Tomia - 4/17/,7/9/2019
A Prisoner's Memory (OS Challenge Entry) - Zark - 4/8/2019
Flare (OS Challenge Entry) - Zark - 7/16/2019
Holmgang (Xmas Gift) - Zark - 12/26/2019
Shadow Spirit Sun (Xmas Gift) - Zark - 12/29/2019
The First Brush (Xmas Gift) - Zark - 12/31/2019
Unknown Combatant - Fake Finn - 2/5/2020
A Grimm Tale (Xmas Gift) - Tomia - 4/6/2020
Closure (Secret Santa) - Zark - 11/21/2021
Ennui on a Plane (Secret Santa) - Galnius - 11/22/2021
An Interview with a Stranger (Secret Santa) - Fake Finn - 11/22/2021
Frozen (Secret Santa) - Segral - 11/28/2021

Semi-Canon (needs alteration to be canon/future shit that can be moved)
Polish Mazurka (OS Challenge Entry) - Finland SSR - 9/22/2019
The Banana of Discord (Xmas Gift) - Zark - 1/1/2020
2100 - Zark - 4/9/2020
A Hairy Situation - Zark - 10/6/2021
Icarus Meets a Cult (Secret Santa) - North America Inc - 11/27/2021

Non-Canon (Didn’t and couldn't happen at all in the IC)
A Day at Thomsen High - Zark - 3/4/2018
A Night to Remember - Fake Finn - 3/28/2018
Kiris. Just Kiris - Finland SSR - 7/17/2018
Undead Roar-Roar Circus Acid Blood Nightmare - Zark - 9/16/2018
Legends Reenacted - Finland SSR - 9/26/2018
Starlight Over Wonder Island - Finland SSR - 10/13/2018
Mediterranean Halloween - Finland SSR - 10/30/2018
Stargazing - Finland SSR - 11/24/2018
DAIMON - IPA - 11/24/2018
Mediterranean Christmas - Finland SSR - 12/19/2018
In Flagrante Delicto - Finland SSR - 1/3/2019
Mediterranean Valentine's - Zark - 2/15/2019
A Cold Winter's Night - Fake Fin - 2/16/2019
Thomsen High Mock Election (April Fool's) - Finland SSR - 4/1/2019
A Broken Lock - Fake Finn - 4/25/2019
No Touchy - Finland SSR - 5/7/2019
Waiting - IPA - 5/8/2019
A Hidden Rose Blooms (OS Challenge Entry) - Aidan - 5/21/2019
Frozen Lock - Fake Finn - 10/3/2019
Old Man Quake (Xmas Gift) - Galnius - 12/26/2019
The Error (Xmas Gift) - Fake Finn - 12/27/2019
Simulated Superdating (Xmas Gift)- Galnius - 12/30/2019
Shattered World - Fake Finn - 1/7/2020
Speed Beetle (Xmas Gift) - Galnius - 1/21/2020
The Disappearance - Fake Finn - 1/27/2020
Under A Shadow Spell (Xmas Gift) - Zark - 1/27/2020
The Johnny and Thomsen High Turf War Arc - Finland SSR - 1/29/2020
The First Bitter Taste - Zark - 2/4/2020
Interview: The Bot Butler and the Cinnamon Bun Crusader (Xmas Gift) - Charm 2/4/2020
Unwanted Gifts (Xmas Gift) - Galnius - 2/6/2020
The Island - Fake Finn - 2/7/2020
I Can't Do This Without You - Zark - 2/7/2020
An Impulse of the Heart (Xmas Gift) - Zark - 2/16/2020
Young Rockstars - Fake Finn - 2/17/2020
Bug and the Machine (Xmas Gift) - Zark - 3/3/2020
The Gauntlet (Xmas Gift) - Zark - 3/6/2020
The Logic of Love- Gal and Finland SSR - 3/26/2020
Beautiful: YB Hospital Trilogy #1- Segral - 5/1/2020
Tonight - Aidan - 5/17/2020
The Tadpoint Paradox - Aidan - 6/8/2020
The Walt (Xmas Gift) - Zark - 12/26/2020
Moonlight Sonata - Finland SSR - 4/29/2021
A Forgotten Lock - Fake Finn - 6/26/2021

Incomplete
Mary and the Young Bloods - Zark - 7/23/2018
Thomsen High Election - Finland SSR - 7/27/2018
Young Blood - 1881 Trailer, Episode 1: Dirty Harry - Charm - 11/21, 12/30/2018
Libertad o Muerte - Finland SSR - 3/2/2019
Protocol Alpha 1 / Blood Red - Charm 3/31/2020
Until You Are Dead: An AU Cass One Shot Saga - Charm - 12/13/2020
Young Maids - Atria - 12/15/2020
Last edited by Absolon-7 on Sun Dec 24, 2023 7:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Previous

Return to Portal to the Multiverse