NATION

PASSWORD

RoD: Chapter IV| Fallout RP | Alt-Timeline | OOC

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Waztaskio
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 09, 2013
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Waztaskio » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:08 pm

Turkducken wrote:
Faction/Nation Name: United S.S.D. (aka United Express Shipping, Salvage, and Deliveries)
Faction/Nation Territory: Check Discord Waz
Capital City/Faction HQ: The Bulwark (Formerly U.S.S. Bulwark) Corpus Christie, Texas
Population: 13,000
Government: Benevolent Dictatorship (Ghoul elected himself leader for life and hasn't died yet)
Leaders: Captain/Admiral/CEO of United S.S.D. (or whatever he's currently feeling like) Micheal Burmingchow
National/Group Ideology: Profit. The Faction exists to make money and relatively prosper.
Military: .5% Recruitment Rate
65 Total Members of "Human Resources" as the Leader refers to them. Armed with a hodgepodge of weapons, armor, and stims scavenged/purchased from various traders. Most are experienced thugs who delight in sadistic practices.

Defense is trivial to life in the United S.S.D. natural hazards abound throughout, whether that be large pockets of lethal radiation or large packs of Feral Ghouls roaming the swampy wastes. Non-Mutants tend not to make it very far once inside.
Major Towns or Locations: The Corpse: Often referred to as the "Rotten Heart" of the United S.S.D. once a populous and successful Texas City is now mostly submerged as the Caribbean has risen over it's head. Specialty Scavengers known as "Mud Rakers" live on buoyant piles of trash that float around the city, diving deep underwater they scavenge what they can from the depths of The Corpse. Life Expectancy is notoriously short. Atop the highest point in The Corpse is the run aground ship known as "The Bulwark"

Goliath: Formerly the town of Goliad, Goliath was overtaken by former Mexican Citizens fleeing the Great War. Highly suspicious of Mutants, they've nevertheless joined United S.S.D. and has since become the only stop for Non-Mutants wanting to do business with the Company. Traders from Goliath are known as "Vaqueros" and stylize themselves after their Old World namesakes. Goliath's ruling families reside in the Presidio La Bahia, the Old Spanish Fort at the heart of the Town. These trader families share a mutual agreement and contempt with the CEO of United S.S.D.

History: Micheal Burmingchow was Captain of the U.S.S. Bulwark, a freighter ship in service of the United States Merchant Marine. In what was supposed to be a routine delivery of essential supplies to US forces occupying Mexico took a turn for the unexpected on October 23,
2077. Nuclear War broke out and civilization as we knew it was destroyed in just an hour. The Detonations of Nuclear Warheads fried the navigation systems aboard the Bulwark and the changing sea threw the boat far off course into the Gulf. As Nuclear Fallout spread throughout the world the crew of the Bulwark were Ghoulified, including Captain Micheal Burmingchow. As years spent adrift took their effects on both the bodies and minds of the crew, many succumbed to the radiation, becoming mindless and Feral. Others threw themselves off the ship to avoid such a fate. While others still just gave up hope and withered away, passing away quietly in their sleep. Ten Years after the Great War; The Bulwark ran aground in what was Corpus Christie Texas. Somehow still mostly sane after ten years of isolation and near starvation, the former Captain released the trapped Feral Crewmen into the Wastes. Enjoying relatively safe solitude aboard the ship. Years go by as the former Captain stays isolated aboard his hulk of a ship, occasionally scaring away would be opportunists and curious explorers. Eventually desperate for supplies, company, and other creature comforts, the former Captain welcomed a passing trader into his ship. The Trader marveled at the sheer mass and amount of material present aboard the ship, offering to buy various items present on board, and these first transactions were the beginning of the United S.S.D. Taking the former name of a Pre-War shipping company, who's logo was emboldened across many of the freighters cargo, and simply adding 'Salvage' to the name. This began a Trading Empire that established strong uncontested claims, mostly enforced by natural barriers preventing competition, around the flooded lowlands of Old World Texas.

Accepted.

Tribe of Rinos
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 20, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Tribe of Rinos » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:10 am

Name of Character: John Griffin
Age of Character: 121
Appearance: Bald Ghoul with torn Vault 391 jumpsuit
Faction Alignment: None
Character S.P.E.C.I.A.L:
S:10
P:5
E:10
C:2
I:5
A:6
L:2
Equipment: Combat Shotgun, switchblade
Character Backstory: John thought he was saved when he made it to the vault. He could not have known the experiments that would be conducted. They had used radiation to see its effects on the human body. He was one of the first to turn, his hair falling out and skin mutating before his eyes. Only recently had he been able to leave the vault, an Old World man in the New World apocalypse. It has been seven long days of wandering. He has been attacked by raiders and “normal” settlers alike. He wanders the wasteland, hoping to find peace.
Ta Ta! Come again, or I'll pluck out your eyes!
-SHEOGORATH

Tribe of Rinos
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 20, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Tribe of Rinos » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:45 am

Did this die?
Ta Ta! Come again, or I'll pluck out your eyes!
-SHEOGORATH

Waztaskio
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Waztaskio » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:14 pm

Tribe of Rinos wrote:Did this die?

I would like to say no, but I'm not sure. It's my finals month, so I have been extremely busy and I'm sure others have been too.

Tribe of Rinos wrote:
Name of Character: John Griffin
Age of Character: 121
Appearance: Bald Ghoul with torn Vault 391 jumpsuit
Faction Alignment: None
Character S.P.E.C.I.A.L:
S:10
P:5
E:10
C:2
I:5
A:6
L:2
Equipment: Combat Shotgun, switchblade
Character Backstory: John thought he was saved when he made it to the vault. He could not have known the experiments that would be conducted. They had used radiation to see its effects on the human body. He was one of the first to turn, his hair falling out and skin mutating before his eyes. Only recently had he been able to leave the vault, an Old World man in the New World apocalypse. It has been seven long days of wandering. He has been attacked by raiders and “normal” settlers alike. He wanders the wasteland, hoping to find peace.

Needs more of a backstory.

NewLakotah
Minister

Founded: Feb 18, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby NewLakotah » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:32 pm

Its been finals week for me, just finished my last one. I'm sure that's true for most people. I'll be posting, and once a few people get going most will get back into it.
"How smooth must be the language of the whites, when they can make right look like wrong, and wrong like right." ~~ Black Hawk, Sauk

"When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home." ~~ Tecumseh

Free Leonard Peltier!!

The Traansval
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Traansval » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:17 am

NewLakotah wrote:

Its been finals week for me, just finished my last one. I'm sure that's true for most people. I'll be posting, and once a few people get going most will get back into it.

Same for me

Tayner
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:48 am

Tag, if this is still alive, going for a nation-state in El Paso.

I'm guessing we're not allowed to cross the border?
If anyone askes where we were Saturday at 14:30, we were at The Pub, understand?

-If it's stupid, but it works, it ain't stupid.
-No Combat Ready unit has ever passed inspection.
-No Inspection Ready unit has ever passed combat.
-There is nothing more satisfying to you then having the enemy shoot at you, and miss.
-Remember, your weapon was made by the lowest bidder.
Disclaimer: The sig is out of date and I probably won't update it

The Traansval
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Traansval » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:47 am

I've got Finals too, real busy. I'll get a post up soon tho, i promise

Elerian
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 31, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Elerian » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:23 am

Tayner wrote:Tag, if this is still alive, going for a nation-state in El Paso.

I'm guessing we're not allowed to cross the border?

Should still be alive, most of us have finals. Idk if anyone has already claimed El Paso.

No, we're staying in one state this time.

Waztaskio
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Waztaskio » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:50 pm

Yea, everyone is just on finals. But we will come back to this after. I need to get my first post up.

Zelent
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Zelent » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:03 pm

I'm working on a post.
Support: Universal Health Care, Nationalism, Conscription, Infrastructure Investment, Border Wall, Workfare, Freedom, Bill of Rights, Social market economics, Cannabis decriminalization, Ukrainian Independence, All Lives Matter

Neutral: Trump,

Against: Clinton, TPP/NAFTA/CAFTA, European Union, Political Correctness, Black Lives Matter, Drug Abuse, Lobbyists, ISIS

Republic of the Cristo
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of the Cristo » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:58 am

Name of Character: David Aukwell
Age of Character: 18
Appearance: 6 "4", 220 lbs, tan white skin, short cropped ( almost buzzed ) brown hair, the beginning of a goatee and mustache, a decent built with definition. He most outstanding feature is the fact that his casual face looks almost angrily serious. He generally wears denim jeans, or cotton leggings. His shirts are usually cotton as well. He often wears a boarhide leather jacket
Faction Alignment: the Tripartite
Character S.P.E.C.I.A.L: (Scale of 1-10 with a max of 40 total for all SPECIAL. Refer to fallout ranks.) Strength: 7
Perception: 5
Endurance: 5
Charisma: 7
Intelligence: 9
Agility: 5
Luck: 2
Equipment: A dagger, a 9mm pistol, a hunting shotgun, a horse named Indie
Character Backstory:
David was the first and only son of late President Bruce Aukwell. David is a member of the northern refguees and has mostly associated with them for most his life. He lives on his fathers ranch midway between the apostates and the northerner settlement. David has was always an exceptionally strong boy amongst his peers, and was well beyond most any of them in terms of intelligence. His many gifts however were shadowed and dampened by his living in the shadow of his father - the first president, the man who had brought peace to Good Springs. Because of this, David has seldom gotten recognition from many of his peers for his achievements, and is thus hardly taken seriously by many. More often than not, David is forgotten by all except his father and dearest friends. That was up until two days ago, when David was succeeded his father as president of Good Springs.

Faction/Nation Name: The tripartite of Good Springs
Faction/Nation Territory: Good Springs
Capital City/Faction HQ: Good Springs
Population: 14,009
Government: The three factions of which make up the Tripartite largely work autonomous of each other, being led mostly by their respective leaders. All tribes however agree to, as according to the treatise of 2248, to work at the discretion of the tripartite leader - the president. The president was initially elected by the leaders of each respective group in following the agreement of the treatise 2248, but following this the president is passed down by pre-death appointment of the previous president. The president, in theory, is the supreme head of government over the tripartite, but in practice he only has as much power as the individual groups of good springs permits him to have.
Leaders:
President: David Aukwell

Northerner refugees: Sam Davis
Midland tribe: Jeremy Bodewile
The Apostates: Victor jones

National/Group Ideology: None thus far
Military: The tripartite has no official military - rather each group making up the tripartite has a military force of it's own. In that regard, the respective paramilitaries of the Tripartite all have different leadership structures and supply situations. In that regard:

The Northerners - the northerners military is known as the militia. The militia is headed by faction leader, Sam Davis. The Militia has 98 men and women professionals serving in it, with 50 more veterans and apprentices serving off and on as they are needed. A soldier within the militia typically volunteers between the ages of 15 and 18 as an apprentice, were in they begin two years of training. The training mostly consists of PT and military science classes. Their training will be punctuated by bouts of temporary service in times of civil need, or even in combat situations. At the end of their two year apprenticeship their respective teacher and lieutenant will review their service and decide whether or not to permit them to become a professional full time solider. The main duty of the militia has been ( as of the last 20 years ) to maintain civil order among the numerous tribes and groups which make up the refugees. Older members and veterans actually fought against the SPC army following their numerous expansions southward. Their current set of doctrines is more on suited towards solving issues of civil unrest, and thus resembling more line formations, or in some cases, close quarters combat for settlement environments.

Midland tribe: Known as the warband, they are lead by Chief Bodewile. They number 150 men in total, of whom nearly all are or can be mounted. They are very used to fighting upon the plains ( an apt comparison being ancient the ancient Indian tribes of the American plains states ), preferring to run their opponents down directly with their steads, or when necessary to encircle them and wear them down by mobile fire. The sons of the warband are trained from birth by their fathers. Members of the warband are separated and lead by their respective clan heads ( each group is a father leading his sons ). Upon the death of the father, the eldest son shall take his place. Their is no set minimum age for joining the warband, with boys as young as 14 having served in the past. It should be noted that a majority of the warband use melee weaponry.

The Apostates: The guard, as their paramilitary is known, is structured in a way very similar to that of the Northerners. Their commander Travis Mayweather, and below him are a serious of captains who preside over 100 other professional soldiers. A soldier of the guard will volunteer and begin 12 weeks of physical and tactical training to prepare them to be the official fighting force of the apostate people. Their tactics are identical to that of the northerners. Older members ( mostly officers ) had experience fighting the commonwealth before fleeing to Good Springs.

Firearms:
M1 service rifle
M8 sub machine gun
Combat rifle
308. Hunting rifle
45. pistol
9mm pistol ( with automatic variants present )
Assault carbine
12 and 10 gauge hunting shotgun
Bow and arrow

Melee:
Axes
clubs
daggers
bayonets
spears

Major Towns or Locations: The United Methodist church of Good Springs - this is the Tripartite council meeting place
History:
Good Springs would not be repopulated by human beings until the arrival of Northern Refugee bands in 2240. These bands were refugees from several different settlements in the north who had been taken over by the Expansionist SPC and who had refused to submit to their rule. These refugees would establish a permanent settlement outside of good springs. Good soil for farming, a relatively radiation free environment, and a steady flow of refugees from the north, all lead to a rapid growth of the population of good springs. This time was regarded as one of general prosperity. This prosperity was interrupted however, with the arrival of the remnants of the defeated Midland Tribes ( several defeated tribes, now culminating into a single tribe referred to simply as the Midland Tribe ). The Midlanders, having been driven Eastward following defeat by the Kingdom of Odessa, traveled to the near by city of Good Springs. Where upon their arrival, they accidentally looted and destroyed several corn fields which belonged to the refugee settlement.
The two factions would not engage in out right war, but throughout 2246 and the early half of 2247, numerous small skirmishes would erupt between the two groups. These battles would seize briefly upon the arrival of the Apostates from the East however. The Apostates, as they had affectionately named themselves, were the numerous people who had lived under lands dominated by the commonwealth and had either refused to convert to Catholicism or to swear loyalty to their monarch. The militia had accidentally attacked a scouting party of the Apostates, believing them to have been Midlanders. For a brief time, the Apostates worked along side the Midlanders, but this alliance soon deteriorated following land disputes. A northerner militia medic by the name of Bruce Aukwell was captured by the Midlanders in 2247 and was being used by the Warband as a medic for their forces. Bruce was extremely intelligent, and amiable at that. His midland captors soon grew a liking to Bruce, and Bruce in turn reciprocated with a feeling of trust. Eventually making friends with Chief Bodewile ( then a young man ), he would convince the man to allow Bruce to travel back to his people in order to draw up a truce between the two; Bodewile agreed. Bruce would, along with a son of Chief Bodewile, travel back to the refugee settlement and lay out to them the terms of the ceasefire. The leader of the refugees, late Sarah Barns, remembering Bruce as fine and upright soldier and seeing that the son of Bodewile had even accompanied him Barnes accepted the truce. The truce between the northerners and the midlanders permitted each party to step up their efforts against the apostates. Following a string of costly skirmishes, the Apostates proposed a permanent truce to their rivals. In 2248, at the suggestion of the late apostate leader, Jebediah Jones, the three factions met for permanent peace talks, to be held at the United Methodist Church of Good Springs in the relative center of each factions claimed territory. The three parties agreed to a truce and to the formation of a general union between the three - to be headed by Bruce Aukwell ( who had been the northerner representative at the peace talks between the apostates and the northerners ).
President. Aukwell would be liked by all factions, and would be positively remarked on for his balanced and compassionate treatment of each group. His 24 years of rule as president would be one of peace and relative prosperity between the three refugee groups ( who to this day, still mostly keep to themselves ). He died two days ago - his body failing from years of strain and overwork. He would die at the age of 49, leaving his 18 year old son, David Aukwell, as his successor and the new president of the Tripartite.
Last edited by Republic of the Cristo on Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Orthodox Christian, Nationalist, Reactionary, Stoic

(2 Kings 2:23-25): you won't be dissappointed

Christstan
Diplomat

Founded: May 14, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Christstan » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:50 pm

Tagging this for interest. I hope it picks back up!

Galima
Attaché

Founded: Dec 08, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Galima » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:59 pm

tagging in the small hopes that houston becomes open x3. if not, i hope all goes well!

Tayner
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:59 pm

Faction/Nation Name: The Grange Republic
Faction/Nation Territory: El Paso, Hudspeth County, and claims interstate 10 as far as Van Horn
Capital City/Faction HQ: El Paso
Population: 17,000 (est)
Government: Representative Republic
Leaders: President Clayton Reed
National/Group Ideology: Expansionist Republic
Military: The Grange Army is composed of two separate main forces, Mounted Infantry, and Dismounted Infantry. While every infantryman is trained to ride a horse, the idea of a completely cavalry military force is absurd. There are also a number of paramilitary organizations that can be called upon for militaristic tasks. Doctrine is based around light infantry used to scout, skirmish, and harass the enemy, to the point where light cavalry can engage. Very few units are composed of heavy infantry or heavy cavalry, but those are often the most battle hardened. Volunteers are trained heavily, and teamwork and individual skills are heavily emphasized. While conscription is non-existent, militias can be raised quickly to augment the professional military.
1st Combat Infantry Regiment: (850)
Battalion A (250)
  • Company 1 (100)
  • Company 2 (75)
  • Troop 3 (75)
Battalion B (250)
  • Company 1 (100)
  • Company 2 (75)
  • Troop 3 (75)
Squadron C (250)
  • Troop 1 (100)
  • Troop 2 (100)
  • Company 3 (50)
Artilery D (100)
  • Battery A (50)
  • Battery B (50)
Auxiliary Forces: (375)
Ranger Corps (50)
Power Armor Corps (25)
Law Enforcement Corps (100)
Logistics and Supply Group (75)
Engineer Corps (75)
Signal Corps (50)
Militia Forces: (1,500) (est)
[list][*]El Paso Militia (500)
[*]Interstate 10 Militia 500)
[*]Highway 62 Militia (500)

Major Towns or Locations: Interstate 10: The major southernmost trail that allows travel between El Paso and the settlements to the east.
Highway 62: A similar trail as Interstate 10, but travels further North
History: The Grange Republic was founded by a few farming clans in and around El Paso, and supported by the caravans and travelers that often traversed the ruins of El Paso. Banded together for protection from the raiders and mutants that also inhabited the area, they often found themselves in range wars with them. After a series of skirmishes outside of El Paso, the farmers gathered a volunteer army to drive out the undesirables in El Paso. Numbering over 100, with mercenary support and funded by small caravans, they cut through the city, killing hundreds of raiders and mutants in what turned into a three way firefight. Luckily enough, the mutants and raiders fought each other more than they fought the Grangers, and what was left was easily defeated.

Now with the city secured, caravans from the west started to flood the trails that lead east from El Paso, making the city a boomtown. From there they expanded east down the very shipping lanes that the Caravans utilized. In decades time they reformed their political structure to form a republic, formed a volunteer military, and patrol the shipping trails for miles and miles. Currently the republic is looking to expand to widen it's sphere of influence in Texas, and is working to build up it's military.
If anyone askes where we were Saturday at 14:30, we were at The Pub, understand?

-If it's stupid, but it works, it ain't stupid.
-No Combat Ready unit has ever passed inspection.
-No Inspection Ready unit has ever passed combat.
-There is nothing more satisfying to you then having the enemy shoot at you, and miss.
-Remember, your weapon was made by the lowest bidder.
Disclaimer: The sig is out of date and I probably won't update it

Waztaskio
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Waztaskio » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:34 am

Republic of the Cristo wrote:
Appearance: 6 "4", 220 lbs, tan white skin, short cropped ( almost buzzed ) brown hair, the beginning of a goatee and mustache, a decent built with definition. He most outstanding feature is the fact that his casual face looks almost angrily serious. He generally wears denim jeans, or cotton leggings. His shirts are usually cotton as well. He often wears a boarhide leather jacket
Character S.P.E.C.I.A.L: (Scale of 1-10 with a max of 40 total for all SPECIAL. Refer to fallout ranks.) Strength: 7
Character Backstory:
David was the first and only son of late President Bruce Aukwell. David is a member of the northern refguees and has mostly associated with them for most his life. He lives on his fathers ranch midway between the apostates and the northerner settlement. David has was always an exceptionally strong boy amongst his peers, and was well beyond most any of them in terms of intelligence. His many gifts however were shadowed and dampened by his living in the shadow of his father - the first president, the man who had brought peace to Good Springs. Because of this, David has seldom gotten recognition from many of his peers for his achievements, and is thus hardly taken seriously by many. More often than not, David is forgotten by all except his father and dearest friends. That was up until two days ago, when David was succeeded his father as president of Good Springs.

Government: The three factions of which make up the Tripartite largely work autonomous of each other, being led mostly by their respective leaders. All tribes however agree to, as according to the treatise of 2248, to work at the discretion of the tripartite leader - the president. The president was initially elected by the leaders of each respective group in following the agreement of the treatise 2248, but following this the president is passed down by pre-death appointment of the previous president. The president, in theory, is the supreme head of government over the tripartite, but in practice he only has as much power as the individual groups of good springs permits him to have.
Leaders:

Military: The tripartite has no official military - rather each group making up the tripartite has a military force of it's own. In that regard, the respective paramilitaries of the Tripartite all have different leadership structures and supply situations. In that regard:

The Northerners - the northerners military is known as the militia. The militia is headed by faction leader, Sam Davis. The Militia has 98 men and women professionals serving in it, with 50 more veterans and apprentices serving off and on as they are needed. A soldier within the militia typically volunteers between the ages of 15 and 18 as an apprentice, were in they begin two years of training. The training mostly consists of PT and military science classes. Their training will be punctuated by bouts of temporary service in times of civil need, or even in combat situations. At the end of their two year apprenticeship their respective teacher and lieutenant will review their service and decide whether or not to permit them to become a professional full time solider. The main duty of the militia has been ( as of the last 20 years ) to maintain civil order among the numerous tribes and groups which make up the refugees. Older members and veterans actually fought against the SPC army following their numerous expansions southward. Their current set of doctrines is more on suited towards solving issues of civil unrest, and thus resembling more line formations, or in some cases, close quarters combat for settlement environments.

Midland tribe: Known as the warband, they are lead by Chief Bodewile. They number 150 men in total, of whom nearly all are or can be mounted. They are very used to fighting upon the plains ( an apt comparison being ancient the ancient Indian tribes of the American plains states ), preferring to run their opponents down directly with their steads, or when necessary to encircle them and wear them down by mobile fire. The sons of the warband are trained from birth by their fathers. Members of the warband are separated and lead by their respective clan heads ( each group is a father leading his sons ). Upon the death of the father, the eldest son shall take his place. Their is no set minimum age for joining the warband, with boys as young as 14 having served in the past. It should be noted that a majority of the warband use melee weaponry.

The Apostates: The guard, as their paramilitary is known, is structured in a way very similar to that of the Northerners. Their commander Travis Mayweather, and below him are a serious of captains who preside over 100 other professional soldiers. A soldier of the guard will volunteer and begin 12 weeks of physical and tactical training to prepare them to be the official fighting force of the apostate people. Their tactics are identical to that of the northerners. Older members ( mostly officers ) had experience fighting the commonwealth before fleeing to Good Springs.

Firearms:
M1 service rifle
M8 sub machine gun
Combat rifle
308. Hunting rifle
45. pistol
Assault carbine
Bow and arrow

Melee:
Axes
clubs
daggers
bayonets
spears

Major Towns or Locations: The United Methodist church of Good Springs - this is the Tripartite council meeting place
History:
Good Springs would not be repopulated by human beings until the arrival of Northern Refugee bands in 2240. These bands were refugees from several different settlements in the north who had been taken over by the Expansionist SPC and who had refused to submit to their rule. These refugees would establish a permanent settlement outside of good springs. Good soil for farming, a relatively radiation free environment, and a steady flow of refugees from the north, all lead to a rapid growth of the population of good springs. This time was regarded as one of general prosperity. This prosperity was interrupted however, with the arrival of the remnants of the defeated Midland Tribes ( several defeated tribes, now culminating into a single tribe referred to simply as the Midland Tribe ). The Midlanders, having been driven Eastward following defeat by the Kingdom of Odessa, traveled to the near by city of Good Springs. Where upon their arrival, they accidentally looted and destroyed several corn fields which belonged to the refugee settlement.
The two factions would not engage in out right war, but throughout 2246 and the early half of 2247, numerous small skirmishes would erupt between the two groups. These battles would seize briefly upon the arrival of the Apostates from the East however. The Apostates, as they had affectionately named themselves, were the numerous people who had lived under lands dominated by the commonwealth and had either refused to convert to Catholicism or to swear loyalty to their monarch. The militia had accidentally attacked a scouting party of the Apostates, believing them to have been Midlanders. For a brief time, the Apostates worked along side the Midlanders, but this alliance soon deteriorated following land disputes. A northerner militia medic by the name of Bruce Aukwell was captured by the Midlanders in 2247 and was being used by the Warband as a medic for their forces. Bruce was extremely intelligent, and amiable at that. His midland captors soon grew a liking to Bruce, and Bruce in turn reciprocated with a feeling of trust. Eventually making friends with Chief Bodewile ( then a young man ), he would convince the man to allow Bruce to travel back to his people in order to draw up a truce between the two; Bodewile agreed. Bruce would, along with a son of Chief Bodewile, travel back to the refugee settlement and lay out to them the terms of the ceasefire. The leader of the refugees, late Sarah Barns, remembering Bruce as fine and upright soldier and seeing that the son of Bodewile had even accompanied him Barnes accepted the truce. The truce between the northerners and the midlanders permitted each party to step up their efforts against the apostates. Following a string of costly skirmishes, the Apostates proposed a permanent truce to their rivals. In 2248, at the suggestion of the late apostate leader, Jebediah Jones, the three factions met for permanent peace talks, to be held at the United Methodist Church of Good Springs in the relative center of each factions claimed territory. The three parties agreed to a truce and to the formation of a general union between the three - to be headed by Bruce Aukwell ( who had been the northerner representative at the peace talks between the apostates and the northerners ).
President. Aukwell would be liked by all factions, and would be positively remarked on for his balanced and compassionate treatment of each group. His 24 years of rule as president would be one of peace and relative prosperity between the three refugee groups ( who to this day, still mostly keep to themselves ). He died two days ago - his body failing from years of strain and overwork. He would die at the age of 49, leaving his 18 year old son, David Aukwell, as his successor and the new president of the Tripartite.

Still want this looked over?

Tayner wrote:
Faction/Nation Territory: El Paso, Hudspeth County, and claims interstate 10 as far as Van Horn
Military: The Grange Army is composed of two separate main forces, Mounted Infantry, and Dismounted Infantry. While every infantryman is trained to ride a horse, the idea of a completely cavalry military force is absurd. There are also a number of paramilitary organizations that can be called upon for militaristic tasks. Doctrine is based around light infantry used to scout, skirmish, and harass the enemy, to the point where light cavalry can engage. Very few units are composed of heavy infantry or heavy cavalry, but those are often the most battle hardened. Volunteers are trained heavily, and teamwork and individual skills are heavily emphasized. While conscription is non-existent, militias can be raised quickly to augment the professional military.
Battalion A (250)
  • Company 1 (100)
  • Company 2 (75)
  • Troop 3 (75)
Battalion B (250)
  • Company 1 (100)
  • Company 2 (75)
  • Troop 3 (75)
Squadron C (250)
  • Troop 1 (100)
  • Troop 2 (100)
  • Company 3 (50)
Artilery D (100)
  • Battery A (50)
  • Battery B (50)
Ranger Corps (50)
Power Armor Corps (25)
Engineer Corps (75)
Signal Corps (50)

Major Towns or Locations: Interstate 10: The major southernmost trail that allows travel between El Paso and the settlements to the east.
History: The Grange Republic was founded by a few farming clans in and around El Paso, and supported by the caravans and travelers that often traversed the ruins of El Paso. Banded together for protection from the raiders and mutants that also inhabited the area, they often found themselves in range wars with them. After a series of skirmishes outside of El Paso, the farmers gathered a volunteer army to drive out the undesirables in El Paso. Numbering over 100, with mercenary support and funded by small caravans, they cut through the city, killing hundreds of raiders and mutants in what turned into a three way firefight. Luckily enough, the mutants and raiders fought each other more than they fought the Grangers, and what was left was easily defeated.

Now with the city secured, caravans from the west started to flood the trails that lead east from El Paso, making the city a boomtown. From there they expanded east down the very shipping lanes that the Caravans utilized. In decades time they reformed their political structure to form a republic, formed a volunteer military, and patrol the shipping trails for miles and miles. Currently the republic is looking to expand to widen it's sphere of influence in Texas, and is working to build up it's military.

Will answer tomorrow.

Republic of the Cristo
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of the Cristo » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:05 am

Waztaskio wrote:
Republic of the Cristo wrote:
Character Backstory:

Leaders:

Firearms:
M1 service rifle
M8 sub machine gun
Combat rifle
308. Hunting rifle
45. pistol
Assault carbine
Bow and arrow

Melee:
Axes
clubs
daggers
bayonets
spears

History:

Still want this looked over?

Tayner wrote:
Battalion A (250)
  • Company 1 (100)
  • Company 2 (75)
  • Troop 3 (75)
Battalion B (250)
  • Company 1 (100)
  • Company 2 (75)
  • Troop 3 (75)
Squadron C (250)
  • Troop 1 (100)
  • Troop 2 (100)
  • Company 3 (50)
Artilery D (100)
  • Battery A (50)
  • Battery B (50)
Ranger Corps (50)
Power Armor Corps (25)
Engineer Corps (75)
Signal Corps (50)

Will answer tomorrow.

If we still intend to rp, then yes
Orthodox Christian, Nationalist, Reactionary, Stoic

(2 Kings 2:23-25): you won't be dissappointed

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse