NATION

PASSWORD

Coastal Daytona Academy: The High School RP [OOC|DEAD]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:30 pm

I'm moments away from being able to review submitted applications, including that of Corrian and New Flattnerk, so if anyone has any other applications they are able to submit - I can check them as well while I am at it.
Busy, but I check TGs often.
Imperial Esplanadian Constitution [WIP]

New Orleans, Louisiana.
Nation Weebly/Wiki - Coming Soon
The Land of the Free - Admin Assist.

But the Lord stood by me, and gave me strength. (2 Timothy 4:17)
One of the keys to happiness is a bad memory. (Rita Mae Brown)
SAINTS | PELICANS | TIGERS | PRIVATEERS

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:24 pm

Axis Asteroid wrote:
Segral wrote:Timothy, roommates?

Sure, Tim would be willing to room with Larry.

Though, since he's a local, I'm not sure if he would even attend as a boarding student in the first place.

Unless, I'm mistaken and every student is required to live on campus, I would have to think of an IC reason why he would leave his father to fend for himself back in his apartment home in that case.

I think boarding students makes more sense related to the RP, but I have a bit of both. Just way more boarding than not. Though if you board, you probably have more to do related to everyone than if you didn't board.
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

Axis Asteroid
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Axis Asteroid » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:41 pm

Corrian wrote:I think boarding students makes more sense related to the RP, but I have a bit of both. Just way more boarding than not. Though if you board, you probably have more to do related to everyone than if you didn't board.

Well, I plan to have Carmine board with another character I'm working on. She commuted during freshman year, but plans to live on campus the second.

I'm still debating on having Tim board because of the chance for increased character interactions like you said. If not, he will live within walking distance from the campus at least.
National Factbook: History, Economy, Military etc.
(Significantly inspired by Zeon from Gundam.)

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:44 pm

Axis Asteroid wrote:
Corrian wrote:I think boarding students makes more sense related to the RP, but I have a bit of both. Just way more boarding than not. Though if you board, you probably have more to do related to everyone than if you didn't board.

Well, I plan to have Carmine board with another character I'm working on. She commuted during freshman year, but plans to live on campus the second.

I'm still debating on having Tim board because of the chance for increased character interactions like you said. If not, he will live within walking distance from the campus at least.

You sure you don't want someone besides rooming with yourself for Carmine? So you don't have to RP with yourself with the interactions.
My Last.FM and RYM

Axis Asteroid
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Axis Asteroid » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:55 pm

Corrian wrote:
Axis Asteroid wrote:

You sure you don't want someone besides rooming with yourself for Carmine? So you don't have to RP with yourself with the interactions.

Admittedly, it would be more interesting if she interacted with someone else, but she's not the type to room with someone she can't stand or is not familiar with in the first place. I did mention in the app that she had a partner in crime that helps her pick on Tim and cause general distress for the loner types in school. One of the only few people she can bring herself to trust. (Also because I'm not very good at micromanaging several characters and interactions in terms of OOC reasons.)

Are all the rooms doubles though? Because if triples are available, I'm open to having the two of them room with a third person. That would be ideal in that case.

New Flattnerk
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby New Flattnerk » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:56 pm

Charlia wrote:Hmm. Roommates, the eternal question in school RPs. Anyone interested in rooming with one of mine?

I mean, if all else fails, I can always push two of them in the same room and call it good, but that would lessen the chance for interaction.

I'll give it a whirl.

Charlia
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:57 pm

New Flattnerk wrote:
Charlia wrote:Hmm. Roommates, the eternal question in school RPs. Anyone interested in rooming with one of mine?

I mean, if all else fails, I can always push two of them in the same room and call it good, but that would lessen the chance for interaction.

I'll give it a whirl.
All right. Which one do you want?

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:07 pm

Axis Asteroid wrote:
Corrian wrote:You sure you don't want someone besides rooming with yourself for Carmine? So you don't have to RP with yourself with the interactions.

Admittedly, it would be more interesting if she interacted with someone else, but she's not the type to room with someone she can't stand or is not familiar with in the first place. I did mention in the app that she had a partner in crime that helps her pick on Tim and cause general distress for the loner types in school. One of the only few people she can bring herself to trust. (Also because I'm not very good at micromanaging several characters and interactions in terms of OOC reasons.)

Are all the rooms doubles though? Because if triples are available, I'm open to having the two of them room with a third person. That would be ideal in that case.

Pretty sure it is just doubles.
My Last.FM and RYM

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:09 pm

New Flattnerk wrote:

I'll give it a whirl.

"Whirl."

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:11 pm

Axis Asteroid wrote:
Corrian wrote:You sure you don't want someone besides rooming with yourself for Carmine? So you don't have to RP with yourself with the interactions.

Considering that it's just dorm-rooms, and not an apartment complex, I would say that doubles is the preferable option.

I can discuss with my Co-OPs about the prospect of triples, if such is a particular request.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Axis Asteroid
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Axis Asteroid » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:19 pm

Imperial Esplanade wrote:Considering that it's just dorm-rooms, and not an apartment complex, I would say that doubles is the preferable option.

I can discuss with my Co-OPs about the prospect of triples, if such is a particular request.

Well, I wouldn't want to impose unless someone else also wants a triple. I'll think about the roommate thing after I get my third app up. I might change my mind then.

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:23 pm

Corrian wrote:--snip--

APPROVED.

Recon wrote:--snip--

APPROVED.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:32 pm

Imperial Esplanade wrote:
Axis Asteroid wrote:

Considering that it's just dorm-rooms, and not an apartment complex, I would say that doubles is the preferable option.

My German Exchange Student Stephanie Von Burgen would prefer a triple room, so as to maximize her exposure in relation to living with Americans.

Anyone who would have a character interested in this is welcome to say so.
Democratic Nominee 2024

Former Republican. Liberal Internationalist. Pick your battles.

Is the Hamburglar an insurrectionary anarchist? One who martyrs himself through the propaganda of the deed?

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:34 pm

New Flattnerk wrote:--snip--

APPROVED.
Last edited by Imperial Esplanade on Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Axis Asteroid
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Axis Asteroid » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:10 am

Finished my third!

Name: Bethany Solo
Sex: Female
Grade: 10th
Role: Student (Softball Player)
Birthday: 10/24/2002
Hometown: San Juan, Puerto Rico
Appearance: See Image
Height, Weight, and Body Type: 5'7, 124 lbs, nimble
Personality: Cruel and aloof, but not completely disconnected. Bethany is the type to easily get bored, ever intent on finding new ways to entertain herself. This is harder than it sounds however because she finds most things either tedious or a waste of her time. She alternates between amusement and disdain throughout the day, though she hides it rather well behind an impressive poker face, seemingly playful teasing and snippy sarcasm (usually subtle digs that are hard to spot), and the image of a hardworking student athlete, with sports being one of the few things she genuinely enjoys. Second only to messing with other people as someone who takes pleasure in the distress of others.

Somewhat whimsical as a result in that she has been relatively successful in amusing herself at someone else's expense, usually by inserting herself into other people's drama or orchestrating harmful pranks, but even sometimes lending someone else a hand if its suits her own purposes. Mainly hangs around with the popular crowd (sporty students, cheerleaders etc) thanks to her looks and acquaintances within the school's varsity sports teams, which she's always willing to take advantage of.

Bethany is also Carmine's best friend and close confidant, having hit it off with the cheerleader as an almost kindred spirit, thoroughly enjoying the bullying of Timothy and other social outcasts as the blonde's partner in crime. Despite discovering early on the true reason behind the cheerleader's treatment of Tim, she finds great amusement in the interplay, opting to neglect informing her oblivious friend at the moment due believing it more interesting to let it just play out for now. The type to plan for the long run, it's not unusual for her to make short-term concessions or seemingly benevolent favors for long term gain, making her more of a independent thinker in that regard in that she's not shy in acting out her whims.

Somewhat superstitious too in that she's into astrology and horoscopes. Takes the individual signs rather seriously and frequently categorizes other people based those signs, often marking those who don't align with their respective zodiac as defective individuals. Often refers to herself as a scorpion in relation to her own sign, and her best friend as a lion, two predators on the prowl for prey.

Sexual Orientation: 2
Moral Alignment: Neutral Evil
Personal Skills: Spry and athletic. Physically fit and agile thanks to her softball activities. Bilingual with English and Spanish. Skilled in information gathering through her personal networks and social circles. Generally good at reading people, especially when it comes to motivations.
Personal Vulnerabilities: Manipulating. Vain and somewhat cowardly. Especially in regard to insects and her own self preservation. Prone to underestimating others and dependent on other people for her amusement. Incapable of handling solitude.
Biography: Bethany was born the only child of a travelling civil engineer from the mainland and a political consultant turned soccer mom, resulting in a home life was a neat and tidy, almost boring middle class affair in a traditional nuclear family. At this point, she was a girl that desired some variety in her life, a childlike wanderlust for new and exciting experiences, and in many ways, her wish was granted with the nature of her father's work that required frequent relocation with each new project. The time spent on her birth island was brief, only a few years at most, before her family packed up their bags and moved to the mainland, jumping from one state to the other throughout the years.

At first, Bethany enjoyed the experience of meeting new people and seeing new places all over the country. However, that sentiment didn't last. Again and again. And again. Over time, the repetition of acclimating to a new city, attending a new school, and making new friends started to wear on her, warping her perception of people and relationships. The sight of new locations became more and more mundane, gradually sapping away any childlike wonder she in her early years as she progressed through grade school and middle school.

She became increasingly detached and disconnected from people with the knowledge that she would only lose all the friends she by made the next move out, compounded by the growing boredom she felt with the daily machinations of life, seeking new ways to fill the void left behind by her formless, transitory lifestyle. The latter of which was accompanied with an equally growing resentment she felt towards her parents. With the constant relocation having largely desensitized her from the concept of social repercussions that came with permanence, she began taking out her bitterness on her situation on her peers, picking and prodding at them as a simple outlet at first, minor and subtle, but eventually turning into a recreational pastime all on its own that she took a strange liking too, largely sating her boredom outside of athletics.

This penchant for casual cruelty also taught her at an early age that people tend to really remember betrayal, especially when it was unexpected and from someone they trust. Word got around fast and several times her reputation took a nosedive in her various schools thanks to her activities, forcing her to adapt and somewhat mellow down in away that allowed her to enjoy herself without having it blow up in her face, slowly improving her modus operandi with every new school.

By the time her first year of high-school came around, her parents had chosen to settle in Daytona Beach, Florida on a more permanent basis. The idea of taking up roots in one place was a strange, but not unwelcome concept for her. The stability she was wanted had finally arrived, and, she quickly acclimated to her new environment with a modified mindset, in some ways treating it as a new hunting ground, but also as a new home.

There where she found kinship with a certain blonde cheerleader, who she recognized as a fellow predator after seeing through the other girl's public mask early on. In many ways, she is more attached to her new friend than she realizes, and perhaps more invested in the personal drama of others beyond simple amusement than she would care to admit. What's certain is that she is bound stir up trouble in the upcoming years as a wildcard with her own agenda.

RP Sample: Same as previous apps.
Other:
  • She is attracted to Carmine. Whether that extends into something else, that remains to be seen.
  • Can get strangely political at times.
  • Into random trivia and history.
Last edited by Axis Asteroid on Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:20 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Axis Asteroid
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Axis Asteroid » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:20 am

Vaquas wrote:
Considering that it's just dorm-rooms, and not an apartment complex, I would say that doubles is the preferable option. I can discuss with my Co-OPs about the prospect of triples, if such is a particular request.

My German Exchange Student Stephanie Von Burgen would prefer a triple room, so as to maximize her exposure in relation to living with Americans. Anyone who would have a character interested in this is welcome to say so.

Looks like we have a taker. My two characters would be willing to room with yours, though I'm not sure it's the experience you're looking for with Stephanie if you want increased interaction between her and two other people's characters.

If you're fine with it though, I'm game. If not, my two characters would still be open to a triple with someone else.

Segral wrote:Timothy, roommates?

Also, on second thought, Tim can totally be Larry's roommate if you're still up for it Segral.

I can see his dad pushing him into becoming more independent, and thus justifying living on campus. (Though, he will most likely return home on the weekends).

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:41 am

Name: Carl Taylor
Sex: Male
Grade: N/A
Role: Head Varsity Football Coach, and Linebackers Coach, of Coastal Daytona Academy
Birthday: 10/27/1958
Hometown: Tallahassee, Florida
Appearance:

Height, Weight, and Body Type: 6'3, 195 lbs, Muscular
Personality: One would be hard-pressed to find someone who loves the game of football as Carl, having played seven seasons in the NFL, first for the Buffalo Bills followed by the then-St. Louis Cardinals. Carl was a passionate, fiery competitor as a player, and that hasn't changed after he retired from the league and began a career of coaching the game he loves. Carl is a very well-respected man on campus, having fostered a successful high school football program at CDA and mentoring countless young men through the years, and frequently goes out of his way to help grow a brotherhood in his locker-rooms each season. One example of such is his weekly get-togethers where he buys the team dozens of doughnuts from Krispy Kreme and orders pizza to be delivered to the school, together (as a team) they simply hang out for a couple of hours, playing video games, watching a movie, or playing dodgeball in the gym.
Sexual Orientation: "0" on Kinsey Scale
Moral Alignment: Lawful Good
Personal Skills: Carl always had a sharp wit and an astute mental grasp on the game of football, and he is also able to read situations well enough to generally know when to raise his voice or when to offer words of encouragement to his players. Carl similarly has always been great at instilling confidence in his kids, and always has ambitious goals for each football season. Carl has tremendous character and professional integrity.
Personal Vulnerabilities: Carl is usually very predictable, and is quite the perfectionist. He usually pins blame on himself, first and foremost, almost to the point of irrationality when situations go badly. He is a workaholic who sometimes overthinks things. At his relatively advanced age, Carl struggles with forming meaningful connections and relationships with some players like he used to.
Biography: Carl, the older brother of Sampson Taylor and uncle of Scott, Sophia, Sydney, and Sean Taylor, and his brother were born in Tallahassee, Florida - the younger brother making his arrival into the world in 1963. Carl was a troublemaker when he was a kid, even so in high school, yet found a sense of life direction and meaning within the camaraderie of his high school football team. Carl didn't realize just how good he was in football, having becoming quite the impact player almost immediately in his freshman year. Everything was going smooth-sailing for him, despite a particular incident that lead to him being arrested overnight during the summer between his freshman and sophomore year of high school for siphoning gas out of a stranger's car. His parents were livid, and he had matured greatly ever-since. By the time he graduated high school, Carl was a moderately recruited athlete who had committed to Louisiana State University in 1976 and started his freshman year as an outside linebacker. He thrived at LSU, more so than he did at high school, and played well-enough to be drafted into the National Football League in 1979 by the Buffalo Bills in the eleventh round of the draft. He played three seasons with the Bills, was cut in the aftermath of the 1982 NFL Player's Strike, and signed by the St. Louis Cardinals where he played for an additional four seasons from 1983 to 1986. Carl then retired from the National Football League and returned back home to Florida, where he was defensive coordinator and a linebacker position coach at his Alma Mater from 1988 to 1992. He was offered the job of Head Coach by Coastal Daytona ahead of the 1993 season, which he originally declined - though ultimately deciding to accept just in-time for the off-season. Coach Carl has remained there ever since, having led his team to consistent playoff appearances in all but four of his twenty-four seasons at CDA and having won the state title six times (1998, 1999, 2002, 2007, 2011, 2013).
Other: Married for twenty-four years. Father of Daniel and Emily Taylor. Uncle of Scott, Sophia, Sydney, and Sean Taylor and Lloyd, Patrick, and Ashlynn Murray.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:49 am

Is having an app for a French teacher okay? I'm wracking to think of ways my semi-french student can come to FL.
One true Patron Saint of Sinners and Satire
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine
-{(~CO-FOUNDER OF NS AXIS POWERS~)}-

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:10 am

Danceria wrote:Is having an app for a French teacher okay? I'm wracking to think of ways my semi-french student can come to FL.

In-concept, I do not see an issue with it. Yet, we did have characters as such in the past via other RPs that did not speak English.

As long as that particular issue does not become a concern, I do no see any present reason to believe it to be problematic.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:13 am

While I am stepping away for some time, I will edit to expand the roster and roommate listings as soon as I am able to.

I will get to Bethan'y application later on today as well. If I happened to miss anyone's applications, I would be greatly appreciative to be informed of it.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Kwadai
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kwadai » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:17 am

Great to see the increase in activity here!
방탄소년단 | 엑소 | 블랙핑크
Gay male. Ireland. Language enthusiast.

Dayganistan
Ambassador

Founded: May 02, 2016
Father Knows Best State

Postby Dayganistan » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:21 am

I'll probably be throwing an app up for a history teacher soon. Don't know when because I swear there's a conspiracy among the professors at my university to make everything due the same week, and that week just happens to be this one.
Last edited by Dayganistan on Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Republic of Dayganistan | جمهوری دهقانستان

A secular, Tajik dominated state in Central Asia which has experienced 40 years of democratic backsliding. NS stats are NOT used.

The Second Greater German Empire
Civilian

Founded: Nov 22, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Second Greater German Empire » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:23 am

tag

Recon
Envoy

Founded: Mar 10, 2017
Democratic Socialists

Postby Recon » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:38 am

Recon wrote:--snip--

APPROVED.

Thank you! And thank you for your advice, it helped a lot!

Kwadai
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kwadai » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:20 am

Are the dorms going to be mixed gender or same gender? I'm presuming single gender, just checking.
Last edited by Kwadai on Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
방탄소년단 | 엑소 | 블랙핑크
Gay male. Ireland. Language enthusiast.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse