NATION

PASSWORD

Coastal Daytona Academy: The High School RP [OOC|DEAD]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:51 pm

Name: Landry West
Sex: Female
Grade: 9th, Freshman
Role: Day Student
Birthday: 14 years old. June 8th, 2003
Hometown: Daytona Beach, Florida, United States
Appearance:
ImageImageImage

Height, Weight, and Body Type: 5'4", 123 pounds, average body type like her sister.
Personality: Landry was more cheery and perky than her sister, Selena, though wasn't really full on hyper and bouncy. Not all the time, anyway. Seems to be quite the girly girl, generally being very much into dressing up and looking nice as possible. She can do this for boys, or just because she wants to. But she definitely goes out of her way to make herself look nice for boys if she finds someone she's interested in. That includes putting makeup on, and just dressing up nicely for them. Is generally rather friendly, though sometimes comes off as a little insensitive unintentionally depending on the situation. Very much a romantic, seeming to naturally love anything especially romantic. Fairly sexually open, kind of like her sister in this regard. Though being open about their sexuality seems to run in the family altogether. Can be a bit argumentative at times, creating unintentional drama.
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual. 1 on the Kinsey Scale.
Moral Alignment: Neutral Good
Personal Skills: Has quite the interest in volleyball, and fairly good at it, too. To a lesser extent, surfing, but definitely something she does at times too. Naturally swimming goes with this as well.
Personal Vulnerabilities: Worries a little too much about how she looks in the eyes of others, specifically boys opinions on her. Seems to get a little too attached to people sometimes, especially in relationships. And oftentimes too easily. She can love too easily, which connects to the last couple of things, since it pretty much means she falls for people easily and gets too attached because of it. Can become easily obsessed as well, and in the process, possessive.
Biography: Like her sister, Landry has lived in Daytona Beach her entire life, as you would expect. And similarly to her sister, she knows her homeworld by heart. She does not know Daytona Beach as well as her sister, but she knows it well enough nonetheless. She knows where pretty much all of the malls are, and the noteworthy shopping centers and stores. Because she is quite the shopper. One of her biggest activities is just hanging out and shopping with other girls, especially at the mall. Though sometimes it is merely to hang out, and she doesn't just spend tons on clothes. She does own quite a bit of clothes, though. If not that, she's also usually hanging out at the beach. A large chunk of the details related to her can also be found in her sisters bio, as that is where the explanations about her family go.

This year, Landry would start to go to the same high school that her sister had been going to for the last few years, but as a day student, and not a boarding student like her sister was. She didn't really have much interest in boarding at the moment, and liked to go back to her parents house. Not to mention it would be kind of depressing of all the children left to board. She hoped that this year would be exciting, however, and that high school would turn out to be an interesting experience for her. But there was a high chance that there would be quite a lot of team drama in the year to come.
RP Sample: A romance movie plot in the making.
Other: 1 of 3 siblings, and two parents. Her parents were Lora and Gabriel West, and her siblings were Selena and Richard West. Likes to go to dances, balls, and various kinds of events like that. Enjoys if she has a romantic outing, typically no matter how it is done. Currently, she has never dated, but she plans on having that change this year.
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

Axis Asteroid
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 22, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Axis Asteroid » Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:00 am

Sorry for the delay. Wanted to take it easy for the day.

Ended up being longer than expected though, which I'm prone to at this point. :p
National Factbook: History, Economy, Military etc.
(Significantly inspired by Zeon from Gundam.)

Corvus Metallum
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Corvus Metallum » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:07 am

Trackalackin'.

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:13 am

Alright, some bit of good news. Despite the otherwise hectic weekend, I ought to finish the applications today.
Busy, but I check TGs often.
Imperial Esplanadian Constitution [WIP]

New Orleans, Louisiana.
Nation Weebly/Wiki - Coming Soon
The Land of the Free - Admin Assist.

But the Lord stood by me, and gave me strength. (2 Timothy 4:17)
One of the keys to happiness is a bad memory. (Rita Mae Brown)
SAINTS | PELICANS | TIGERS | PRIVATEERS

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:13 am

Similarly, I ought to get around to reviewing applications in the next hour or so.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

North Daecon
Minister

Founded: Nov 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby North Daecon » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:46 am

Just a question, but what do the sports uniforms for the CDA sports teams look like? And the others like the cheer squad and the PE gear?

Axis Asteroid
Diplomat

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Axis Asteroid » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:22 am

North Daecon wrote:Just a question, but what do the sports uniforms for the CDA sports teams look like? And the others like the cheer squad and the PE gear?

I’d like to know too. Are the school colors just blue, white, and orange like the Braveheart symbol?

North Daecon
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby North Daecon » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:37 am

Axis Asteroid wrote:
North Daecon wrote:Just a question, but what do the sports uniforms for the CDA sports teams look like? And the others like the cheer squad and the PE gear?

I’d like to know too. Are the school colors just blue, white, and orange like the Braveheart symbol?

Colours are usually linked directly to the uniforms, that's for sure. Also the symbol on uniforms and the mascot name too. In this case, the sport teams would be known as the Coastal Daytona Bravehearts.

Axis Asteroid
Diplomat

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Axis Asteroid » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:44 am

North Daecon wrote:
Axis Asteroid wrote:

Colours are usually linked directly to the uniforms, that's for sure. Also the symbol on uniforms and the mascot name too. In this case, the sport teams would be known as the Coastal Daytona Bravehearts.

Thanks, I’ll keep that in mind. I’ve always found native mascots cool.

Are there people trying to change it though? There are a number of colleges who’ve had to change their native mascots for political reasons.

Inb4 muh “cultural appropriation!” :p

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:06 am

Corvus Metallum wrote:Trackalackin'.

Haven't seen you in a while!
My Last.FM and RYM

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:11 am

As it pertains to the logo, as well as the subsequent color association to it, North Daecon is correct in that the colors of the logo would correlate with that of the school's colors.

"Braveheart" is rather tame, if not complimentary, as a nickname. Where the issue, regarding Native American slurs, come into play is over the name of "Redskin," as is it the Native American equivalent to the "N word."

Thus, while one is certainly welcome to create a character who finds offense in the mascot of "Braveheart," it is safe to presume it goes otherwise unchallenged.
Last edited by Imperial Esplanade on Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Axis Asteroid
Diplomat

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Axis Asteroid » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:30 am

Imperial Esplanade wrote:As it pertains to the logo, as well as the subsequent color association to it, North Daecon is correct in that the colors of the logo would correlate with that of the school's colors.

"Braveheart" is rather tame, if not complimentary, as a nickname. Where the issue, regarding Native American slurs, come into play is over the name of "Redskin," as is it the Native American equivalent to the "N word."

Thus, while one is certainly welcome to create a character who finds offense in the mascot of "Braveheart," it is safe to presume it goes otherwise unchallenged.

You’d be surprised though, Stanford had to change theirs from “Indians” to “Cardinals” (tree). EMU from “Hurons” to “Eagles” and Marquette from “Warriors” to “Golden Eagles” just to name a few.

It’s not just the offensive names anymore. The same process is playing out in my school rn despite major pushback from the majority of students and alumni. They’re going after everything. :(
Last edited by Axis Asteroid on Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

North Daecon
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby North Daecon » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:54 am

Axis Asteroid wrote:
Imperial Esplanade wrote:As it pertains to the logo, as well as the subsequent color association to it, North Daecon is correct in that the colors of the logo would correlate with that of the school's colors.

You’d be surprised though, Stanford had to change theirs from “Indians” to “Cardinals” (tree). EMU from “Hurons” to “Eagles” and Marquette from “Warriors” to “Golden Eagles” just to name a few.

It’s not just the offensive names anymore. The same process is playing out in my school rn despite major pushback from the majority of students and alumni. They’re going after everything. :(

My previous school don't even have a mascot. Just uniform colours.

Well, that is the Australian school system for all of fine folks.

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:13 pm

Axis Asteroid wrote:

Generally, the issue rests not so much in the fact that Native Americans are the inspiration of school logos, yet rather the manner in which they are portrayed. Using your own examples: Stanford's logo was this, and EMU's was retired and then brought back after 20-something years in the middle of the Redskins controversy (this was more so a case of bad timing than anything else), and Marquette didn't exactly have a dignifying logo for awhile. As you can see, there is already a distinct difference. The aforementioned three didn't make particularly wise choices.

Meanwhile, CDA, as far as mascots and logos are concerned, would join the countless other high schools across the country that generally remain inconsequential as it pertains to usage of Native American logos to this day. Thus, at least as far as majority opinion is concerned, CDA would appear to be rather safe from any inherent public controversy. To bolster that point, the area does have significant ties to Native American heritage, thus it wasn't as if someone randomly decided to go with that logo - which is sometimes another significant catalyst of such controversy.

Yet, once again, you are always welcome to introduce a character that would suggest otherwise, and who offers an alternative perspective on the matter. In fact, I would say it would be a welcomed perspective and type of character in this RP.
Last edited by Imperial Esplanade on Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Works-in-Progress

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:22 pm

Name: Madison Payton Perkins
Grade: 12th
Role: Student
Birthday: 11/30/2001
Hometown: Honolulu, Hawaii
Appearance:

Height, Weight, and Body Type: 5'5, 125, athletic
Personality: Madison is a wealthy, aloof, and condescending girl who frequently flaunts her expensive designer clothing and state-of-the-art electronics while also being quite the emotional mess. The arrogant, snobby Madison has been known for being a source of tremendous gossip, drama, and bullying -- though, at the same time, there is much more to her than what meets the eye. Madison privately struggles with extreme insecurity, and believes that she has to overcompensate (through the aforementioned ways) in order to make the most out of her high school years, and to just simply fit-in at Coastal Daytona Academy. This is all in spite of the fact that Madison is a hardworking, attractive student with a plethora of suitors. Madison has prodigious aspirations, especially for life after high school, and has extensive involvement with numerous extracurricular activities. Despite the outward appearance as such, for many, Madison isn't always a total bitch and could end up turning into a great friend (and an better person) with the right guidance through this stage of her life.
Sexual Orientation: "1" on Kinsey Scale
Moral Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Personal Skills: Madison has a way in manipulation of others' emotions. Madison is also a spectacular athlete, being on both the volleyball and cheerleading teams, and has developed an extraordinary work-ethic. Madison is also a skilled artist, having grown up in an artist's household, and can even combine her proficiency in technology, editing software, and overall photography to create stunning images.
Personal Vulnerabilities: Madison is usually an emotional mess, despite the outward projection of confidence, and has developed quite the mixed reputation as likeable to some and nefarious for others. Madison, in particular, is typically outright harsh toward those whom she perceives as "at the bottom of the totem pole." Thus, Madison usually ends up with a flock of followers and admirers, yet very few genuine friends, that only continues to feed into her cycle of behavior and ego.
Biography: Madison, having grown up in an affluent family in Honolulu, had a relatively easy early childhood and always had a close relationship with her family. Her mother was a professional artist, and a mildly-successful author, who has recently taken to the role of housewife while her father was (and still is) the owner of a very successful manufacturing business that specializes in industrial-grade laundry equipment, such as washing machines and dryers. In 2004, Perkins Manufacturing decided to set up another manufacturing facility in Fresno, California to service orders from the west-coast; and In 2006, another was opened in Daytona, Florida to service orders along the east-coast while the Honolulu location scaled down to become a hub of exports for international business and specialty orders. The Perkins family had decided to move, in 2007, to Daytona from Honolulu to capitalize on the cheap housing market due to the Great Recession. The gamble eventually paid off, and business boomed once more in the aftermath of the Great Recession. However, tragedy would strike the Perkins household in 2011 when Madison's mother succumbed to a sudden devastating stroke in her sleep. Madison was particularly affected by the sudden death of her mother, and quickly spiraled into a cycle of destructive behavior that continues to manifest itself to this day. Madison's father would re-marry in 2014, and while she despised her strict step-mother -- Madison grew surprisingly close to her new step-sister, having never had a sibling before in her life up to this point, and had become best friends with a daughter of a maid who cleaned the Perkins family mansion.
Other: Drives a black 2010 Hummer H3, has one step-sister.

Name: Daniel "Danny" Ryan Taylor
Sex: Male
Birthday: 10/09/2000
Hometown: Daytona Beach, Florida
Appearance:

Height, Weight, and Body Type: 6'0, 172 lbs, athletic
Personality: Ambitious, hard-working, and extremely competitive, Danny has established himself as the heart-and-soul of Coastal Daytona Academy's defense since taking over as the defensive captain of the varsity football team in his junior year. Being the son of the head football coach, who was also an ex-NFL player, Danny has always felt as though he had to prove himself, to work hard, and to earn his own stripes in the backdrop of his father's shadow. Danny can come off as unsympathetic at times, even too serious in his dealings with his fellow players, yet always plays with a fire and passion that frequently inspires others, challenging them to play their hearts out as well. Danny takes his academics just as seriously as he does his sports, mostly due to his father's unwavering demand that his son remains on the honor roll in order to partake in athletics of any sort.
Sexual Orientation: "0" on Kinsey Scale
Moral Alignment: Lawful Good
Personal Skills: Danny has developed excellent memory, has superb fitness, and is extremely confident in his ability to get any job done. Danny is also quite the womanizer, and has scored many an occasion -- having become quite the object of desire for many girls on campus. His family legacy, and influence, on both Coastal Daytona Academy as well as on himself, personally, has also made him feel as though he has more responsibility on campus, and thus has taken upon himself to conduct his affairs with propriety in his dealings with students and faculty alike.
Personal Vulnerabilities: Danny is not exactly the most gregarious person, ceding to guys like Rick Palermo in that category, and sometimes allows people to get under his skin. Danny has an unhealthy obsession of dwelling on little things, always trying to achieve perfection, and will frequently beat himself over when he fails to live up to his own expectations -- which are mounting, due to his living in his father's tremendous shadow, feels as though any personal failure will let down so many others in his own family, and others, who have invested time and attention into forming him into what he is today.
Biography: Unsurprisingly, Daniel has always felt as though he had to live up to his father's image and (sometimes unrealistic) expectations set of him as a result of his immediate lineage. His parents had always pressured Daniel to excel in school, as well as in sports, yet he had since taken those expectancies upon himself and has developed an unhealthy self-demand of sheer perfectionism. This has always been the case for him throughout his middle school and, particularly, high school years. Daniel has lived his entire life in Daytona Beach, raised in a relatively middle-class family, and has decided he will attempt to play collegiate, and even professional, football for as long as he can -- though with the preference for doing both outside of the state of Florida.
Other: Starting middle-linebacker, and defensive captain, of the CDA football team. Son of Coach Carl and cousin to Sophia, Sydney, Scott, and Sean Taylor.

Name: Julia Amber Winters
Birthday: 08/27/2000
Appearance:

Height, Weight, and Body Type: 5'6, 124, athletic
Personality: Julia is an empathetic, relatable, down-to-earth, and upbeat person toward others regardless of their socioeconomic status, despite her associations and friendships with many of the more popular of students at Coastal Daytona Academy and typically has a lot of suitors; however, she also has occasional secretive wishes wasn't hanging around so many people as often as she is. Julia tries her hardest to be a loyal and confident friend, the best teammate possible, and quite an excellent student -- and Julia is usually successful in such a stressful balancing act, yet the question remains for how long. Julia, despite her relatively high standing among both students and faculty alike, frequently finds herself wishing she had done things differently in her life and has a difficult time letting go of some of the more difficult aspects of her past. Julia is very close to her family, has tremendous admiration for her parents, and spends a lot of time hanging out with her younger sister, Hannah. Julia has always been a major pop-music fan, having built up an impressive collection of CDs, and shares a similar fondness for art with Madison Perkins.
Sexual Orientation: "0" on Kinsey Scale
Moral Alignment: Neutral Good
Personal Skills: Whereas Julia doesn't have Madison's expensive software, she certainly makes up for it in pure artistic talent and proficiency. Julia is also one of the most athletic students at Coastal Daytona, being part of the cheerleading team as well as the softball and track teams, and has become a very good cook in large part to having taken up a bit of an interest in her father's profession and learning from him. Julia is frequently the commanding voice in the room, displaying superb leadership skills followed by a notable sense of humility and gratitude for the contribution of others in the aftermath of whatever activity or event she had partaken in.
Personal Vulnerabilities: Julia has a tendency to trust too many people at their own word, and frequently finds herself associating with the wrong people she assumes to be her friends. Julia is a bit careless when it comes to romantic, and even sexual, interactions that may likely lead to a particularly scandalous outcome. Julia frequently, albeit quietly, suffers from Anxiety issues as well as subsequent Insomnia. Bit too superstitious for her own good.
Biography: Born and raised in Daytona Beach, Florida, to an executive chef father and a waitress mother who had worked at the same beach-side grill, Julia grew up in a relatively low-income home all throughout her childhood. Her father, in 2012, was laid off by the owner of the grill he worked at and started to work at Perkins Manufacturing. Coincidentally, Julia's mother took up a secondary job with a local maid service soon after (to help cope with the loss-of-income that ensued) that serviced the Perkins family mansion. Four years later, Madison and Julia would meet and form a friendship one year after in their sophomore year, 2015. The two grew surprisingly close as friends -- and when Madison's father eventually heard about the Winters family struggles as well as the fact her father worked for him and her mother was one of the regular maids, he generously offered to cover Julia and Hannah's tuition at Coastal Daytona Academy which cemented the two families as friends. Julia and Madison both tried out for the cheer-leading team in 2015, made it, and rose to the rank as co-captains of the squad. Julia also took up track-and-field that year, and softball a year later in 2016.
Other: Loves to make home-made pizza, and is very good at making delicious pizza from scratch (as well as other foods, too).

Name: Hannah Rachel Winters
Grade: 10th
Birthday: 01/29/2002
Appearance:

Height, Weight, and Body Type: WIP
Personality: Hard-headed and quick-tempered are usually the most applicable words one would use to describe Hannah, yet there is far more to her than initial appearances suggest. Hannah struggles with Borderline Personality Disorder, as well as subsequent depression, and she regularly abuses drugs and alcohol as a result -- yet Hannah is also a bold, outgoing, and generally-fearless individual to make her quite the loyal friend at the same time. Hannah is also quite flirtatious, is very straightforward about her romantic-feelings toward other people, and is not ashamed of the fact that she is sexually attracted to both guys and girls alike. Hannah has quite the sense of humor, and is a common perpetrator of pranks around campus.
Sexual Orientation: "3" on Kinsey Scale
Moral Alignment: Chaotic Good
Personal Skills: WIP
Biography: WIP
Other: WIP
Last edited by Imperial Esplanade on Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:56 pm, edited 20 times in total.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Axis Asteroid
Diplomat

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Axis Asteroid » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:45 pm

Imperial Esplanade wrote:Meanwhile, CDA, as far as mascots and logos are concerned, would join the countless other high schools across the country that generally remain inconsequential as it pertains to usage of Native American logos to this day. Thus, at least as far as majority opinion is concerned, CDA would appear to be rather safe from any inherent public controversy. To bolster that point, the area does have significant ties to Native American heritage, thus it wasn't as if someone randomly decided to go with that logo - which is sometimes another significant catalyst of such controversy.

Yet, once again, you are always welcome to introduce a character that would suggest otherwise, and who offers an alternative perspective on the matter. In fact, I would say it would be a welcomed perspective and type of character in this RP.

Maybe some time down the line. I have no plans beyond my current three for now, at least until the next school year. ;)

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:54 pm

Given the slowed pace of incoming applications, we'll advance the day at the end of this week.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:02 pm

For humorous affect, I'm considering having Lola run into Carmine and say something to her for the former's introductory-post.
Last edited by Imperial Esplanade on Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:37 pm

I need to figure out what to do with all my other characters. They haven't done anything yet :P

Which is fine, since it is day one.
My Last.FM and RYM

Axis Asteroid
Diplomat

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Axis Asteroid » Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:14 pm

Imperial Esplanade wrote:For humorous affect, I'm considering having Lola run into Carmine and say something to her for the former's introductory-post.

That should be fun. :p

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:59 pm

Name: Milo Bernthal
Sex: Male
Grade: 12th, Senior
Role: Boarding Student
Birthday: 17 years old. April 16th, 2000
Hometown: Nashville, Tennessee, United States
Appearance:
ImageImageImage

Height, Weight, and Body Type: 5'9" 162 pounds, about average body size wise.
Personality: Milo seems to be sort of a goofball. He's always trying to impress people, and it can oftentimes go poorly. And he just seems a little goofy and silly in general. He seems perky and cheery overall, though can be a lot more laid back when he wants to be. Does seem to be a bit cowardly, though. Like when it comes to certain events, he just hides away instead. He doesn't seem to be very good at handling hard stuff. He also seems to have the potential to be a little iffy with his morals at times, depending on what it involves. Likes to just have mindless fun as well, though that can also lead to him getting himself in trouble. As a whole, though, like most people, in general, he is a good guy. Just has his weird aspects.
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual. Probably a 1 on the Kinsey Scale.
Moral Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Personal Skills: Seems to have a thing for "inventing" stuff, which mostly just seems to be making random contraptions. Also does a lot of chemistry stuff...for better or worse
Personal Vulnerabilities: Seems to have a habit of injuring himself, usually from chemistry or making random things. Is a little careless as well, so more ways to just injure himself. Also has a habit of putting himself into awkward situations because of his approach to things.
Biography: Milo is a single child among his parents, and he is an interesting one. He can be a little reckless at times, which worries them, but it typically doesn't go too bad. He just messes around with a lot of stuff to make "inventions", or more like contraptions, and sometimes it doesn't go particularly well. He also seems to work with a lot of chemistry, and we all know how that can go. He's made mistakes multiple times in this regard. He could easily be a mad scientist if he wanted to, in a sense. Does seem to have a thing for doing random stupid things that could be considered not appropriate, usually just with sneaking onto peoples properties and being a nuisance. He is pretty much a wild teenager at heart in some sense of the word. And yes, all of these things have happened at least once. He also has dated in the past, but they never particularly went anywhere. And he has been at this boarding school all of these years, going into his 4th year.
RP Sample: A goof who tries to seem impressive while probably blowing himself up or smacking himself in his face with one of his creations
Other: Seems to pull pranks on some people here and there. Likes to sleep in the back of his pickup truck. And yes, he owns a pickup truck.
My Last.FM and RYM

North Daecon
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby North Daecon » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:32 am

Wait, since this is Florida, and its August, and its Daytona Beach....

Crap, our characters will be in the path of Hurricane Irma.

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:06 am

North Daecon wrote:Wait, since this is Florida, and its August, and its Daytona Beach....

We've actually discussed this before in the Discord, no they were not. The most they would have received was just a bit of rainfall.

Daytona is along the Atlantic Coastline. Irma never threatened the Atlantic Coastline, only the Miami and Gulf-coast regions of Florida.
Last edited by Imperial Esplanade on Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

North Daecon
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby North Daecon » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:16 am

Imperial Esplanade wrote:
North Daecon wrote:Wait, since this is Florida, and its August, and its Daytona Beach....

We've actually discussed this before in the Discord, no they were not. The most they would have received was just a bit of rainfall.

Daytona is along the Atlantic Coastline. Irma never threatened the Atlantic Coastline, only the Miami and Gulf-coast regions of Florida.

Oh ok.

Well, the news of the hurricane will be talk though.
Last edited by North Daecon on Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Recon
Envoy

Founded: Mar 10, 2017
Democratic Socialists

Postby Recon » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:57 am

North Daecon wrote:Oh ok.

Well, the news of the hurricane will be talk though.

It certainly will! It was not massive devastation or anything like that, but it would be something which would influence your routine and plans etc. It would certainly be something to talk about with a curfew and the Broadway Bridge bridge been shut down.
Last edited by Recon on Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse