NATION

PASSWORD

The Maiden's Record {OOC|SemiCLOSED|Sci-Fantasy RP}

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:51 am

Charlia wrote:
Danceria wrote:Either another boring human, a cinnamon roll of a Saef' (that is most certainly going to die), or a weird dude who hunts but is also a doctor(?). Then there is a plant. A literal plant.
I don't like it when people kill cinnamon rolls. *looks at disapprovingly*

But they're so fun though...and it's like some law of the universe. The more compassionate a person is, the more likely they are to die horribly.
One true Patron Saint of Sinners and Satire
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine
-{(~CO-FOUNDER OF NS AXIS POWERS~)}-

Charlia
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:52 am

Danceria wrote:
Charlia wrote:I don't like it when people kill cinnamon rolls. *looks at disapprovingly*

But they're so fun though...and it's like some law of the universe. The more compassionate a person is, the more likely they are to die horribly.
Yes. But compassionate people are not always cinnamon rolls. Kill compassionate people if you wish... but do not touch my cinnamon rolls.

They taste good. :twisted:

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:56 am

Charlia wrote:
Danceria wrote:But they're so fun though...and it's like some law of the universe. The more compassionate a person is, the more likely they are to die horribly.
Yes. But compassionate people are not always cinnamon rolls. Kill compassionate people if you wish... but do not touch my cinnamon rolls.

I thought you said you didn't want romance char what r u doin :P

But yeah, since Saef' are essentially saints, I find it very hard that one would join a smuggling crew. And according to lore, they would not need to.
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:17 am

Danceria wrote:
Charlia wrote:Yes. But compassionate people are not always cinnamon rolls. Kill compassionate people if you wish... but do not touch my cinnamon rolls.

I thought you said you didn't want romance char what r u doin :P

But yeah, since Saef' are essentially saints, I find it very hard that one would join a smuggling crew. And according to lore, they would not need to.

Not necessarily. Saef' can be slaves to the Praux, and not all Saef' live in the GSE, so they don't have the same standard of living...
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Kuhlfros wrote:Fall Lot Himdah=Alakazam (May or May not have to do with Merlin)

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Spindle wrote:Aaaaaand, the font of all sass.

Free Empire of the Low Isles
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 20, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Free Empire of the Low Isles » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:54 am

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:
Free Empire of the Low Isles wrote:Character App
Name: Reverend 'Rev' Rackham, also known as 'Padre', 'Veteran', 'Old Man', and 'Ole Useless'.
Bio:
That was until the Council of Five was being created

That was an entertaining app to read.... but I can't accept it because of this one line in the bio. The Council of Five was created in 2324, the current year is 2543

Fuuuuuck.

Well, that actually makes it easier for the whole rivalry thing. I'll change it real quick.

Edit: It'sa been fixed by my, a-Free!
Last edited by Free Empire of the Low Isles on Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Metaphors have a way of holding the most truth in the least space." - Orson Scott Card

"Among my most prized possessions are words that I have never spoken" - Orson Scott Card

"There are no happy endings, because nothing ever ends." - Schmendrick the Magician

"I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else where I was capable of thinking for myself. Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent." - Thomas Jefferson

"You don't write because you want to say something, you write because you have something to say." - F. Scott Fitzgerald

An Egalitarian, humanist, and a member of the glorious Kekistani people!

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:13 pm

Free Empire of the Low Isles wrote:Character App
Name: Reverend 'Rev' Rackham, also known as 'Padre', 'Veteran', 'Old Man', and 'Ole Useless'.

And the rude old man is accepted... Lorcan is not going to like him
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:16 pm

Charlia wrote:
Danceria wrote:But they're so fun though...and it's like some law of the universe. The more compassionate a person is, the more likely they are to die horribly.

As OP, I am taking those cinnamon rolls from you. You can not be trusted with them.

*takes cinnamon rolls*
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:21 pm

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:
Charlia wrote:Yes. But compassionate people are not always cinnamon rolls. Kill compassionate people if you wish... but do not touch my cinnamon rolls.

As OP, I am taking those cinnamon rolls from you. You can not be trusted with them.

*takes cinnamon rolls*
No! Stop! At least give me back that one, that one's mine! I made it! Give it to meeeeeeeeeee!

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:25 pm

Charlia wrote:
Faal Lot Himdah wrote:

*takes cinnamon rolls*
No! Stop! At least give me back that one, that one's mine! I made it! Give it to meeeeeeeeeee!

Fine...

*gives one back*
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:35 pm

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:
Charlia wrote:No! Stop! At least give me back that one, that one's mine! I made it! Give it to meeeeeeeeeee!

Fine...

*gives one back*
Thank you. *takes... somewhere* I've been preserving it carefully.

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:23 pm

Just going to on need at least two more accepted players before I start the IC
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Kyraina
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 12, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Kyraina » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:42 pm

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:Just going to on need at least two more accepted players before I start the IC

should have a app up here soon
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot is suppose to go here?

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:11 pm

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:
Danceria wrote:I thought you said you didn't want romance char what r u doin :P

Not necessarily. Saef' can be slaves to the Praux, and not all Saef' live in the GSE, so they don't have the same standard of living...

Is it possible for a Saef' to be genetically abused/used as a guinea pig? Hence his background as a medic?

EDIT: My mind is made up, I'm going to be a Haes'i
Last edited by Danceria on Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Obligatory Quotes below

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:30 pm

Danceria wrote:
Faal Lot Himdah wrote:

Is it possible for a Saef' to be genetically abused/used as a guinea pig? Hence his background as a medic?

Sounds like something a mega corp would do
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:14 pm

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:
Danceria wrote:Is it possible for a Saef' to be genetically abused/used as a guinea pig? Hence his background as a medic?

Sounds like something a mega corp would do

Meh, I'm gonna play around a bit with a eager to learn Haes'i, and play around with a hive mind/genetic engineering (that I'll TG OP later)
Obligatory Quotes below

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:11 pm

Vulnier, are you almost done your app?

Danceria, hows that TG coming?

I'm bored....
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:28 pm

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:Vulnier, are you almost done your app?

I'm bored....

Welcome to the club.

Free Empire of the Low Isles
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 20, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Free Empire of the Low Isles » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:33 pm

Charlia wrote:

I'm bored....

Welcome to the club.

*Taps old man foot angrily*
"Metaphors have a way of holding the most truth in the least space." - Orson Scott Card

"Among my most prized possessions are words that I have never spoken" - Orson Scott Card

"There are no happy endings, because nothing ever ends." - Schmendrick the Magician

"I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else where I was capable of thinking for myself. Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent." - Thomas Jefferson

"You don't write because you want to say something, you write because you have something to say." - F. Scott Fitzgerald

An Egalitarian, humanist, and a member of the glorious Kekistani people!

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:17 pm

Free Empire of the Low Isles wrote:
Charlia wrote:Welcome to the club.

*Taps old man foot angrily*

#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:23 pm

Character App
Name: “This One is called Chet-Chet of the Hive of Eelt-kau-khop this one’s full name is Chet-Chet-kii-aj-dow-wah-drroah-nu-kuh-feem-tay-ot-vuh-fwoa-en-chay-rroh-ilt-kau-khop-toh. Though it would be considered a “mouth-full” for other species to pronounce it.”
Age: “This One has existed for twoscore and a half solar rotations in your counting (30 years).”
Race: “This One is a part of the All, that is, the Haes’i.”
Sex: “For intensive purposes, This One is a male in conversation. If you should choose to imbibe in This One’s limited access to the All, refer to Us.”
Sexual Orientation: “This One does not reproduce. This question is irrelevant.””
Bio: “This One was hatched on Tolan-toh-wah-keh, or Tolan, Third moon of Ee-chay-tul-toan-doh-dah-dwah (Erroneously named Tolan Three), and underwent the typical youth of Ourselves, having undertaken the Genoming at twelve solar cycles. Thereupon This One’s purpose was divined. For a Sovereign would be born in ten solar years time, and This One was to assist them! No higher honor could exist within a Hive, but alas, it meant that This One would immediately be removed from the Hive, and presence of most of Our species, to seek out knowledge and experience to advise the next generations. While normally, Our species are a curious and adventurous kind, seeking new knowledge, but it was imperative that This One adventures alone, so that way This One may assist the Hive. Now, This One is a part of this crew, as an assistant to the Noble Doctor.”
Appearance:

Similar to the above base image, except that he has a green exoskeleton, black-grey base, and eyes.

Weapon(s): “This One abstains from the taking of life, unless there is no other choice. If such an unfortunate situation were to arise, This One uses One’s tail-stingers the Oa-chuh blade, or whatever you deem appropriate for This One to be learned in.”
Abilities: “This One is an empath, and understanding of the living things. In combat, This One uses it to hinder their thought-actions to allow This One’s allies to gain the upper hand. This One also is trained in a practicing medic, and has deep purple eyes.
Crew Position: “This One assists the Noble Doctor, as well as any who volunteer for scouting missions. This One has been learned in matters of various species, both their psycho-biological selves, and Our survivability. A jack of trades, who is willing to learn, if the phrase is correct.”

RP Sample: “This One is happy to comply.”
Did you read the Rules? “This One would be a poor assistant if This One could not read Galactic Common…”

Optional Stuff:

Personality: “This One has been described as a “common sense altruist”, of which This One has discerned it to mean that This One works well with groups, and will help maintain it, and be very receptive to criticism, swift in decision and action, and unafraid to tell those who do not contribute the harsh truth. Of course, This One also is more than willing to bend said rules to help This One’s allies, and if it helps all in the long run, so long as it is in technicality.”

“This One can be long-winded at time, and a stickler of formalities. The former is the language barrier between our species, and indeed those of the Un-Hived minds, and the latter is out of politeness. It is far easier to become more casual than to regain lost respect.”
Likes: “This One is greatly enjoys conversation and learning first and foremost, along with the preservation and improvement of life. This One also enjoys keeping busy with This One’s hand-appendages, so feel free to call upon This One as a menial assistant in the mechanical-engineering tasks! This One also greatly enjoys conversation, and learning of any sort.”
Dislikes: “This One despises those who chose not to contribute, or wish to improve themselves, for they are not only assured to fail, they shall doom others to that fate. This One also detests a cluttered workspace, as organization and cleansliness is the most optimal state of which to be in.”

Alignment: “According to this…”Dragons and Dungeons”, This One is Lawful Good. Very fitting.”
Theme Song: Overmind Theme - Starcraft
Last edited by Danceria on Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Obligatory Quotes below

Vulnier
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Vulnier » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:56 pm

I'm bored....

Just need to finish up the Bio.
I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all year.

- Charles Dickens
Patience is a virtue
-Unknown

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:22 am

Danceria wrote:Character App
Name: “This One is called Chet-Chet of the Hive of Eelt-kau-khop this one’s full name is Chet-Chet-kii-aj-dow-wah-drroah-nu-kuh-feem-tay-ot-vuh-fwoa-en-chay-rroh-ilt-kau-khop-toh. Though it would be considered a “mouth-full” for other species to pronounce it.”

Chet-Chet is accepted.
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:24 am

Honestly, it looks like it would knock over everything and generally make enormous trouble just by walking into a room... bull in a china shop format. But the app amused me, and there is an inherent wisdom to giving Charlotte a sexless character as an assistant. It's a good thing she keeps a neat workspace.

I'd be fine with having it as an assistant.
Last edited by Charlia on Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:02 am

Charlia wrote:
Honestly, it looks like it would knock over everything and generally make enormous trouble just by walking into a room... bull in a china shop format. But the app amused me, and there is an inherent wisdom to giving Charlotte a sexless character as an assistant. It's a good thing she keeps a neat workspace.

I'd be fine with having it as an assistant.

He is very slow and methodical in movement, but I would imagine due to the Haes'i's hive/cramped architecture, he may navigate tight spaces surprisingly well. Though being slightly clumsy outside of serious situations may be nice as well.
Obligatory Quotes below

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 02, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Khasinkonia » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:08 am

Are there any positions that particularly need to be filled?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse