NATION

PASSWORD

The Maiden's Record {OOC|SemiCLOSED|Sci-Fantasy RP}

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:12 am

Khasinkonia wrote:Are there any positions that particularly need to be filled?

Well, we are smugglers, so I imagine a hacker of sorts? The two bots we have could serve as "security".
One true Patron Saint of Sinners and Satire
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine
-{(~CO-FOUNDER OF NS AXIS POWERS~)}-

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 02, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Khasinkonia » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:17 am

Danceria wrote:

Well, we are smugglers, so I imagine a hacker of sorts? The two bots we have could serve as "security".

In that case, I might make a rogue android personal assistant turned hacking bot.

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:40 am

Danceria wrote:

Technically not a position on the ship. Also hacking is covered with Akina
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Kuhlfros wrote:Fall Lot Himdah=Alakazam (May or May not have to do with Merlin)

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Spindle wrote:Aaaaaand, the font of all sass.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:48 am

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:
Danceria wrote:Well, we are smugglers, so I imagine a hacker of sorts? The two bots we have could serve as "security".

Perhaps someone who knows the underworld like the back of their hand?
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Postby Khasinkonia » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:03 am

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:
Danceria wrote:Well, we are smugglers, so I imagine a hacker of sorts? The two bots we have could serve as "security".

Ah. Any other niches that need to be filled?

Forest State
Senator

Founded: Aug 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:03 am

Tag. And app incoming probably, don't know when though.
don't tread on me

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:13 pm

Khasinkonia wrote:
Faal Lot Himdah wrote:

Ah. Any other niches that need to be filled?

Not that I can think of. The majority of the crew shouldn't have a specialized role
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Postby Khasinkonia » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:15 pm

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:
Khasinkonia wrote:Ah. Any other niches that need to be filled?

Not that I can think of. The majority of the crew shouldn't have a specialized role

Ah, okay. Well then I’ll make an obligatory green alien and just put something not too specific down.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:18 pm

Khasinkonia wrote:
Faal Lot Himdah wrote:

Ah, okay. Well then I’ll make an obligatory green alien and just put something not too specific down.

We could use a Saef', to balance out the Praux.
Obligatory Quotes below

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Postby Khasinkonia » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:21 pm

Danceria wrote:
Khasinkonia wrote:Ah, okay. Well then I’ll make an obligatory green alien and just put something not too specific down.

We could use a Saef', to balance out the Praux.

I’m creating two entirely new species, but one of them would fit surprisingly well as a colonial Saef’ subject.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:34 pm

Khasinkonia wrote:
Danceria wrote:We could use a Saef', to balance out the Praux.

I’m creating two entirely new species, but one of them would fit surprisingly well as a colonial Saef’ subject.

So long as OP approves it.
Obligatory Quotes below

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Postby Khasinkonia » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:37 pm

Danceria wrote:
Khasinkonia wrote:I’m creating two entirely new species, but one of them would fit surprisingly well as a colonial Saef’ subject.

So long as OP approves it.

Hopefully they’ll be acceptable. I’ll write those up before I write the rest of my app, just to be safe.

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:41 pm

Would you have a spot for an ex military type that shoots first and asks questions later? Or maybe a bounty hunter?
don't tread on me

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:45 pm

Forest State wrote:Would you have a spot for an ex military type that shoots first and asks questions later? Or maybe a bounty hunter?

Well... the crew of the Celestial Maiden are smugglers, and mercenaries (note mercenaries are not always soldiers and Bounty hunters are technically a type of mercenary), so yes a bounty hunter would be welcomed on to the crew. Ryker might not be to happy about some one who shoots first and asks questions later though....
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Postby Khasinkonia » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:09 pm

Here are my species descriptions for reviewing:
The Iloinu are a race that are rarely heard from in most Terran broadcasts, rather similar to how one rarely hears of the Chukchi. This can be attributed to rather similar circumstances, as both the Iloinu and Chukchi inhabit places that are both inhospitable and of relatively little value to those who rule them. The homeworld of the Iloinu, Iloinuvit, is a relatively large moon in rotation around a gas giant in Saef’ space. The gas giant it rotates around, as well as a different moon, are both inhabited and exploited by Saef’ as any other territory. Iloinuvit, thanks to the fact that the planet is both warm from volcanic activity, and has a dense atmosphere not unlike the Saturnian moon of Titan, though perhaps with a bit more chlorine gas.

The Iloinu as a species, despite being rather flimsy and composed of much more air than the typical sapient being, are surprisingly resilient, with their tough and conductive skin allowing them to make full use of their heavily charged bodies. Mentally, they aren’t challenged, but their brain, as are most of their other organs, are smaller than they would be for most equivalently proportioned species.

The reason for this difference is that Iloinu contain within them a large number of ‘bladders’ that can be filled and emptied through pores in the skin, which are, in settings other than their homeworld, are used almost exclusively to maintain their shape. In the suits mandated on most ships, however, these glands cannot be easily filled or emptied. Another biological quirk of the Iloinu would be that none of their sensory organs are regularly exposed directly to air, as their translucent skin usually covers them much as a third eyelid covers the eyes of some aquatic animals.

Finally, Iloinu have within them an electrical organ not unlike that of an electric eel, but with two notable differences. First, it is, of course, equivalently scaled. Second, it has evolved over time, and with some guidance, to be generally more useful for non-predatory purposes, as the electrical gland can, in current generations of the species, also be used as a battery, though this is not without its flaws, as it remains a biological and comparatively unstable deliverance of current.

The Lasallinet are a bizarre species marked by their insectoid anatomy and metallic shells. Rather like snails, the shells are not part of the Lasallinet, but are instead generated around them, though in Lasallinet, the shells only develop once the Lasallin in question has reached its full size. Overall, the species itself has few biological quirks, with the sole exception of it being quite capable of functioning in an anaerobic environment for extended, surviving in even indefinite, periods of time, thanks to a combination of its cells possessing both mitochondriae and hydrogenosomes and its ability to enter a hibernation-like state similar to the Terran creature referred to as the tardigrade.

As an intelligent species, they are immensely fascinating to some niches of astrobiologists as they lack an identified homeworld, and existed in numerous systems even before they were elevated beyond simple rocket-based propulsion. Numerous theories have been proposed to the community at large, but none have gained widespread acceptance. This can be attributed both to the relative rarity of the species itself and their seeming apathy or obliviousness to such matters.
Last edited by Khasinkonia on Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Oscalantine
Minister

Founded: Apr 17, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Oscalantine » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:11 pm

Tag~
Going through the OOC, noticed that there is only so much positions on the ship. What are currently taken?

Also, what is your policy on custom faction/race? Is there any restrictions that I should be careful for... or is the rooster too full to accept any more?
Last edited by Oscalantine on Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Oscalantine
Minister

Founded: Apr 17, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Oscalantine » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:05 am

I am currently working on the app, but I wanted to see if I can get this minor faction for OP's approval.

Nexian Foundation is a financial juggernaut stationed in predominantly on Earth whose goal is focused on artificial and social human evolution. Unlike megacorporations, Nexian Foundation does not own many real assets besides few facilities to facilitate their experimentations. The Foundation’s strength, instead, comes from financial assets, which the Foundation handles a large bulk of Earth’s economy. Despite their financial power, they rarely participate on politics unless it is specifically against their agenda and prefers to take pride in their hundreds of “children” walking among other Terrans excelling on all that they accomplish.

The Foundation is founded during the early era of colonization based on the belief of controlling the path of evolution into transhuman territory. Some individuals, as colonization began and as Terrans started to evolve deviating away from original stock back on Earth, began to worry that identity of humanity will vanish. Gathering like-minded individuals, the Foundation was created as a nonprofit entity designed to guide mankind’s evolutionary path, with their ultimate goal to enhance humanity towards a species.

The Foundation’s operations are divided into three divisions: financials, transhuman production, and human relations. Each are titled Numbers, Genesis, and Exodus Division respectively. The Numbers Division consists of hundreds of hedge funds spread across all Terran controlled space with specific goal of amassing financial wealth for all Foundation operations. Genesis Division does not fiddle with untested research and development, but instead scans all Terran space to find promising cutting edge technologies with specific purpose of purchasing said technologies for production of their transhuman projects. Exodus Division educates produced transhumans and finds proper social standards and jobs by using their own networks. Most times, however, many of the Foundation’s operations are closely linked with megacorporations on Earth, as megacorporations are for the most part the best investment, R&D source, and workspace rolled into neatly-arranged five groups.

Each of the individuals created for the Foundation’s purpose are titled “Luminated Terrans” and are given the respect they deserve on the surface. In a way, as they both physically and mentally controlled “perfections” by the diction of the Foundation, indeed flawlessly adapt into their environments. However, perhaps due to this flawless nature, they attain scorns of other Terrans at large out of jealousy and alienation. Of course, money does lie, and the Foundation’s ability to move vast wealth are never disrespected, and Luminated Terrans usually receive fair treatment among other humans. At the present, the Foundation is under fifth generation of Lumination, with almost 100% of all of their operations manned directly by the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th generation Luminated Terrans that they have created.

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:09 pm

Oscalantine wrote:I am currently working on the app, but I wanted to see if I can get this minor faction for OP's approval.

Nexian Foundation is a financial juggernaut stationed in predominantly on Earth whose goal is focused on artificial and social human evolution. Unlike megacorporations, Nexian Foundation does not own many real assets besides few facilities to facilitate their experimentations. The Foundation’s strength, instead, comes from financial assets, which the Foundation handles a large bulk of Earth’s economy. Despite their financial power, they rarely participate on politics unless it is specifically against their agenda and prefers to take pride in their hundreds of “children” walking among other Terrans excelling on all that they accomplish.

The Foundation is founded during the early era of colonization based on the belief of controlling the path of evolution into transhuman territory. Some individuals, as colonization began and as Terrans started to evolve deviating away from original stock back on Earth, began to worry that identity of humanity will vanish. Gathering like-minded individuals, the Foundation was created as a nonprofit entity designed to guide mankind’s evolutionary path, with their ultimate goal to enhance humanity towards a species.

The Foundation’s operations are divided into three divisions: financials, transhuman production, and human relations. Each are titled Numbers, Genesis, and Exodus Division respectively. The Numbers Division consists of hundreds of hedge funds spread across all Terran controlled space with specific goal of amassing financial wealth for all Foundation operations. Genesis Division does not fiddle with untested research and development, but instead scans all Terran space to find promising cutting edge technologies with specific purpose of purchasing said technologies for production of their transhuman projects. Exodus Division educates produced transhumans and finds proper social standards and jobs by using their own networks. Most times, however, many of the Foundation’s operations are closely linked with megacorporations on Earth, as megacorporations are for the most part the best investment, R&D source, and workspace rolled into neatly-arranged five groups.

Each of the individuals created for the Foundation’s purpose are titled “Luminated Terrans” and are given the respect they deserve on the surface. In a way, as they both physically and mentally controlled “perfections” by the diction of the Foundation, indeed flawlessly adapt into their environments. However, perhaps due to this flawless nature, they attain scorns of other Terrans at large out of jealousy and alienation. Of course, money does lie, and the Foundation’s ability to move vast wealth are never disrespected, and Luminated Terrans usually receive fair treatment among other humans. At the present, the Foundation is under fifth generation of Lumination, with almost 100% of all of their operations manned directly by the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th generation Luminated Terrans that they have created.

It definitely shares some things with Whisper.... but I doubt it is as sinister as them... so I'll wait to see the apps before I make my decision, but it is definitely in the most likely to be added category.

Now, for everyone else, I was wondering how you'd like to start this?

Do we start prior to getting a job? Or on route/during a job?
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Postby Khasinkonia » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:11 pm

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:
Oscalantine wrote:I am currently working on the app, but I wanted to see if I can get this minor faction for OP's approval.

It definitely shares some things with Whisper.... but I doubt it is as sinister as them... so I'll wait to see the apps before I make my decision, but it is definitely in the most likely to be added category.

At a glance, are the races I created acceptable? Sorry if I’m being pestering.

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:12 pm

Khasinkonia wrote:
Faal Lot Himdah wrote:

At a glance, are the races I created acceptable? Sorry if I’m being pestering.

Waiting on the second one... which you added.... give me a moment
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:27 pm

Khasinkonia wrote:Here are my species descriptions for reviewing:
The Iloinu are a race that are rarely heard from in most Terran broadcasts, rather similar to how one rarely hears of the Chukchi. This can be attributed to rather similar circumstances, as both the Iloinu and Chukchi inhabit places that are both inhospitable and of relatively little value to those who rule them. The homeworld of the Iloinu, Iloinuvit, is a relatively large moon in rotation around a gas giant in Saef’ space. The gas giant it rotates around, as well as a different moon, are both inhabited and exploited by Saef’ as any other territory. Iloinuvit, thanks to the fact that the planet is both warm from volcanic activity, and has a dense atmosphere not unlike the Saturnian moon of Titan, though perhaps with a bit more chlorine gas.

The Iloinu as a species, despite being rather flimsy and composed of much more air than the typical sapient being, are surprisingly resilient, with their tough and conductive skin allowing them to make full use of their heavily charged bodies. Mentally, they aren’t challenged, but their brain, as are most of their other organs, are smaller than they would be for most equivalently proportioned species.

The reason for this difference is that Iloinu contain within them a large number of ‘bladders’ that can be filled and emptied through pores in the skin, which are, in settings other than their homeworld, are used almost exclusively to maintain their shape. In the suits mandated on most ships, however, these glands cannot be easily filled or emptied. Another biological quirk of the Iloinu would be that none of their sensory organs are regularly exposed directly to air, as their translucent skin usually covers them much as a third eyelid covers the eyes of some aquatic animals.

Finally, Iloinu have within them an electrical organ not unlike that of an electric eel, but with two notable differences. First, it is, of course, equivalently scaled. Second, it has evolved over time, and with some guidance, to be generally more useful for non-predatory purposes, as the electrical gland can, in current generations of the species, also be used as a battery, though this is not without its flaws, as it remains a biological and comparatively unstable deliverance of current.

The Lasallinet are a bizarre species marked by their insectoid anatomy and metallic shells. Rather like snails, the shells are not part of the Lasallinet, but are instead generated around them, though in Lasallinet, the shells only develop once the Lasallin in question has reached its full size. Overall, the species itself has few biological quirks, with the sole exception of it being quite capable of functioning in an anaerobic environment for extended, surviving in even indefinite, periods of time, thanks to a combination of its cells possessing both mitochondriae and hydrogenosomes and its ability to enter a hibernation-like state similar to the Terran creature referred to as the tardigrade.

As an intelligent species, they are immensely fascinating to some niches of astrobiologists as they lack an identified homeworld, and existed in numerous systems even before they were elevated beyond simple rocket-based propulsion. Numerous theories have been proposed to the community at large, but none have gained widespread acceptance. This can be attributed both to the relative rarity of the species itself and their seeming apathy or obliviousness to such matters.

I'll allow them
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Postby Khasinkonia » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:28 pm

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:
Khasinkonia wrote:Here are my species descriptions for reviewing:

I'll allow them

Ah, thanks. I might just use one of them, and use one of yours too though. I’ll see as I write up my apps.

Darksworth
Envoy

Founded: Nov 10, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Darksworth » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:36 pm

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:

I think starting en-route to a job would be a good start. Maybe have Riker do a headcount and a mini-meet up before the mission so everyone can get acquainted with everyone.
The Commonwealth of Darksworth is a pseudo-steampunk space-faring civilization. With their technology having been acquired by invading a far greater civilization. Due to this peculiar situation, their tech is a mix between pre-industrialized and late-space age.
Technology Level: Tier 4-5: PT/MT
Arcane Level: Level 0-Inept
Influence Type: Type 6-Planetary Politician
Based on this Index
---
Tier: Tier 5
Type: Type IV
Government Size: Superpower
Based on this Index

*Consult me for NS stats via TG*
Working as a Concept Artist, drawing mainly monsters, creatures and maps. Currently living somewhere in Southeast Asia or Oceania, take a guess.
---
In terms of my political stance, I'm Far/Alt-Right. That's legit, I could be categorized as a Technocratic Fascist.

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:13 pm

Character App
Name: Morgan Shen
Race: Terran
Sex: Female pretending to be Male
Sexual Orientation: Straight(?)
Bio: Being born to poor Terrans wasn't the best situation, and Morgan learned quickly how bad her luck was to be born into that spot. While others were exploring the galaxy and spreading out to different places, and while some lived with good standards on her own planet, her family was decidedly not part of that group. They didn't have much at all, and so instead of moping about it, Morgan learned combat skills on the streets and then started a career as a bounty hunter. It was the one way she could get off of Terra, and the way that she could get some fame and riches, things that she would never have in another profession. From the start of her career, she fought with someone with a lot on the line, because she really did have a lot on the line. But there was one interesting detail that followed her since the start... In a rough job like bounty hunting, she had decided to gain respect by never taking her mask off and acting as if she was a male. And as her career grew, it became something that she couldn't just change. So now, having the reputation of a somewhat well known hunter who commands fear from others, she's joined the crew of a new ship, and her lie from years ago still follows her to this day.
Appearance:

Weapon(s):
  • Automatic carbine
  • Machete
  • Double pistols
Abilities:
  • Accurate aim
  • Naturally athletic
  • Good charisma
Crew Position: Security? She's probably the worst 'security guard' ever, but let's go with that.

RP Sample: C'mon b
Did you read the Rules? Yes

Optional Stuff:

Personality: Live fast and die young is her motto. She's a real shoot first and ask questions later type, who never backs down from a battle and who enjoys the adrenaline rush of being a smuggler. She is secretive about her personal life, though, for obvious reasons.
Likes: Adrenaline, fighting, adventuring... That kind of stuff.
Dislikes: Doing anything the safe but 'boring' way.

Alignment: True Neutral
Theme Song: I Lived, Onerepublic
don't tread on me

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:20 pm

Forest State wrote:Character App
Name: Morgan Shen

Accepted
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse