NATION

PASSWORD

Washington 2017 Political RP [CLOSED] OOC Pt. VIII

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:09 am

All y'all can feel free to donate to Jared's gofundme
Proud Co-OP of the 2016 Washington Political RP

PRO oppression, hate speech, robbing from the poor and giving to the rich, outsourcing jobs, unemployment, career politicians, pollution, pineapple on pizza

ANTI equality, free speech, pursuit of happiness, quality education, freedom, charity, prosperity, puppies and kittens

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:40 am

De Nieto is very happy that the Republicans voted against something that popular.

"The worst form of inequality is to make unequal things equal."
-Aristotle
"Even the striving for equality by means of a directed economy can result only in an officially enforced inequality - an authoritarian determination of the status of each individual in the new hierarchical order. "-Friedrich August von Hayek
Political Compass
Economic:3.88
Social:1.40

Tory Blue to the Core(Leans Democrat in the US though)
What have we done...

Pantorrum
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 15, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Pantorrum » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:47 am

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi wrote:De Nieto is very happy that the Republicans voted against something that popular.

Parsons is very happy he voted for it :D

Did it get defeated? I didn’t even notice. I was actually really hoping it would pass.
I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good, therefore, that I can do or any kindness I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it for I shall not pass this way again- Etienne de Grellet du Mabillier
_[' ]_
(-_Q)
If you support Capitalism put this in your Sig.

Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:51 am

Pantorrum wrote:
Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi wrote:De Nieto is very happy that the Republicans voted against something that popular.

Did it get defeated? I didn’t even notice. I was actually really hoping it would pass.

With Brennan and Kiser voting nay it is probably going to fail. Though the Dems will get a beating stick the next election for many vulnerable blue district Reps.

-Aristotle
"Even the striving for equality by means of a directed economy can result only in an officially enforced inequality - an authoritarian determination of the status of each individual in the new hierarchical order. "-Friedrich August von Hayek
Political Compass

What have we done...

Pantorrum
Powerbroker

Postby Pantorrum » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:52 am

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi wrote:
Pantorrum wrote:

With Brennan and Kiser voting nay it is probably going to fail. Though the Dems will get a beating stick the next election for many vulnerable blue district Reps.

Yeah, probably so. Parsons supports, but he won’t whip votes for it because it’s against the party line and it would piss off leadership.
I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good, therefore, that I can do or any kindness I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it for I shall not pass this way again- Etienne de Grellet du Mabillier
_[' ]_
(-_Q)

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 14, 2014
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:28 pm

The next bill's introduction will be the next day in the House, the completion of CREST, the Senate.

Kelvinsi, do you believe you will be ready for the confirmation hearing tonight?
Male.
Political Views: Classically Liberal Paleoconservative Neoliberal Libertarian Conservative
"We are the Canadian Borg. Resistance would be impolite. Please wait to be assimilated. Pour l'assimilation en Francais, appuyer le numero deux."

WWFD (What Would Fraser Do?)
Community Choice Award for Nation Role Play: The War Cry of Uncle Sam (OP)
Recognized By the Community Miscellaneous Role Play: Washington Political RP (OP)
Recognized By the Community for Exemplary Talent in Nation Role Play: Prolieum

Uttland
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Uttland » Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:33 pm

Biden for President(The Pragmatic Choice!)

”Cease, cows, life is short.”
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, One Hundred Years of Solitude
Currently Reading: The Western Canon by Harold Bloom
Current Bop: "12 Steps" by Japanese Breakfast
Politicial Views: Moderate free market and social liberal with some select conservative and social democratic leanings/views. Anti-populist. Aspirational wonk. 8values and Political Compass results + more detailed politics/views
Favorite Books: The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle, by Haruki Murakami, Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoyevsky, One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:05 pm

The noted bill has been posted. Questioning is open.
Male.
Political Views: Classically Liberal Paleoconservative Neoliberal Libertarian Conservative
"We are the Canadian Borg. Resistance would be impolite. Please wait to be assimilated. Pour l'assimilation en Francais, appuyer le numero deux."

Recognized By the Community Miscellaneous Role Play: Washington Political RP (OP)

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:20 pm

I am having some difficulty with the design, and may cast it off, but expect an invitation to be sent out to many characters soon.
Male.

Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:21 pm

Prolieum wrote:The next bill's introduction will be the next day in the House, the completion of CREST, the Senate.

Kelvinsi, do you believe you will be ready for the confirmation hearing tonight?

Ja I am fine for tonight

-Aristotle
Political Compass

What have we done...

Uttland
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Uttland » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:34 pm

Prolieum wrote:I am having some difficulty with the design, and may cast it off, but expect an invitation to be sent out to many characters soon.

What's happening

Politicial Views: Moderate free market and social liberal with some select conservative and social democratic leanings/views. Anti-populist. Aspirational wonk. 8values and Political Compass results + more detailed politics/views
Favorite Books: The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle, by Haruki Murakami, Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoyevsky, One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:40 pm

Uttland wrote:
Prolieum wrote:I am having some difficulty with the design, and may cast it off, but expect an invitation to be sent out to many characters soon.

What's happening

An event.
Male.

Uttland
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Uttland » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:20 pm

Prolieum wrote:
Uttland wrote:What's happening

An event.

What type of event

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:23 pm

Uttland wrote:
Prolieum wrote:
An event.

What type of event

A Presidential event.
Male.

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:24 pm

Brief poll of preference: A Microsoft Paint-created, ill-conceived and executed invitation, or an invitation functionally copy-pasted from a template?
Male.

Uttland
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Uttland » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:33 pm

Prolieum wrote:Brief poll of preference: A Microsoft Paint-created, ill-conceived and executed invitation, or an invitation functionally copy-pasted from a template?

Template copy

Pantorrum
Powerbroker

Postby Pantorrum » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:50 pm

Prolieum wrote:Brief poll of preference: A Microsoft Paint-created, ill-conceived and executed invitation, or an invitation functionally copy-pasted from a template?

Did you get a chance to review my Senate application?
_[' ]_
(-_Q)

Uttland
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Uttland » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:53 pm

Pantorrum wrote:

I don't see that as an option on the poll

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:55 pm

Pantorrum wrote:

I believe TNS had made a comment.
Male.

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:31 pm

The latter.
Democratic Nominee 2024

Former Republican. Liberal Internationalist. Pick your battles.

Is the Hamburglar an insurrectionary anarchist? One who martyrs himself through the propaganda of the deed?

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:33 pm

A poorly-executed template it will be.

The White House post sending the invitations will be made once the Serrano meeting is concluded.
Male.

Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:17 pm

When are we going to finish the CREST thing?

-Aristotle
Political Compass

What have we done...

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:17 pm

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi wrote:When are we going to finish the CREST thing?

Convenient timing.
Male.

Pantorrum
Powerbroker

Postby Pantorrum » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:39 pm

Pantorrum wrote:
(Image)

Character Information Sheet

NS Nation Name: United States of Pantorrum
Character Name: Harold Parks
Character Gender: Male
Character Age: 54
Character Height: 5'10"
Character Weight: 171 lbs.
Character Position/Role/Job: United States Senator for the State of Delaware
Appearance:
Character State of Origin: Delaware
Character State of Residence: Delaware
Character Party Affiliation: Democrat
Main Strengths: Wealthy, Strong Liberal Voting Record, Democrat Establishment
Main Weaknesses: Known Atheist, terrible under pressure, Closet Homosexual, Alleged Affair, Parents bribed Congressman so he could go to officer school, also bribed Democratic Party of Delaware,
Biography: Harold Parks was born into a wealthy family, his father a successful doctor, well known as a leading brain surgeon in his field, and his mother having inherited hundreds of millions from her parents when they died. They left her a large Banking Firm and a vast amount of wealth. He grew up an extraordinarily blessed youth, attending private school for his entire life. He was never confronted with any major trauma. The only major occurrence during his youth was when his parents discovered his homosexuality by mistake. His parents had high hopes for his success, and demanded he keep his feelings private and suppress any idea of homosexual activity. His parents were conservative Christians, and there failure to understand his feelings would soon sour his feelings against both of them, and the religion they held dear. He would apply to officer school for the United States Navy after graduation. His mothers wealth and fathers national fame as an experimental brain doctor made acquiring a Congressman's approval easy. After donating a large amount of money to a certain Congressman, Parks got his sign off.
His time at office school went by quickly, where he would do very well in all his classes. He graduated on time at the age of 23, and went on to serve as a deck officer on a Ticonderoga Class Cruiser. His success in the navy was mediocre, as he showed a resentment for authority. His service in the armed forces further required him to suppress his most secret emotions. When he turned 30, his parents essentially arranged a marriage between him and a prominent business partner. He would go through with the wedding, despite his complete lack of interest. Despite the sham that the marriage was to him, him and his wife would have 2 children.
At 31 he was promoted to the rank of Lieutenant, and was given a station at the Maryland Naval Yard. He would retire at age 39 from the Navy. Shortly after, his wife discovered a secret affair between Harold and a former sailor under his command, both during and after his tenure with the navy. The discovery nearly resulted in a divorce. His parents paid her off and spent months begging her, in order to stave off what they feared would ruin their sons reputation. Some of the affair made the local papers, the son of a prominent business leader accused of a gay affair after a few short court leaked documents from before the divorce was canceled. The marriage would hold. Using his mothers money and influence, he ran for the United States Congress for Delaware, which only has one House Seat, in 2004. His mother gave tens of millions through various means to state party executives who helped arrange an uncontested primary. Running as a democrat, he faced little opposition in the primaries, and would go on to win the election by a narrow margin of 53% to 47%. While in the House, he held a commandingly liberal voting record, siding with the party elite in almost every vote. He was easily whipped into voting for more moderate matters, as well. He would cosponsor multiple pieces of legislation, and even wrote a gun control law that failed at vote. He tried to lead an effort in 2005 to pass new environmental protection program that would never make it past committee. In 2006, he won re-election by a large margin of 58% to 42%. In 2007, he rallied enough support to propose a gay marriage rights bill to the house that would have legalized gay marriage nation wide. The measure failed, and he would adamantly speak out against Republicans who opposed it.
In 2007, he announced his candidacy for the United States Senate in the upcoming 2008 Senate Election. His strong left wing policies would allow him to defeat the previous, more moderate incumbent Senator in the party primaries. He would go on to defeat the Republican challenger 51% to 47%. The victory enabled him to join the Untied States Senate. During his first term, he played a major role in passing Winston Care, a signature piece of legislation that would earn him a lot of praise not only among the left, but among his mostly democrat constituents. He advocated massively for gay rights, tax cuts for the poor and middle class, and was instrumental in major funding boosts to the EPA, HUD, and HHS. In 2014, he would win re-election and now continues to serve as a well known liberal member of the party. He would win again in 2016. A fellow Senator would out himself as atheist. Inspired, parks would publically admit he to was atheist in early 2017 as well. He received a lot of criticism from his parents and some of his constituents. During the most recent election, he was an adamant critic to the Republican Nominee, criticizing his policies regularly on CNN and MSNBC. He most recently voted against the BBA, publically opposing it and denouncing it as both stupid and dangerous.
Other Info:

Do Not Remove: 84721

Okay, fixed.
_[' ]_
(-_Q)

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:37 pm

Big App coming, I've had TNS look over it, so I just need final approval.
Democratic Nominee 2024

Former Republican. Liberal Internationalist. Pick your battles.

Is the Hamburglar an insurrectionary anarchist? One who martyrs himself through the propaganda of the deed?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse