NATION

PASSWORD

Washington 2017 Political RP [CLOSED] OOC Pt. VIII

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Pantorrum
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 15, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Pantorrum » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:16 pm

Prolieum wrote:We have had several problems attempting to organize the White-Florrick-Reed meeting, but it will hopefully be held tomorrow, if the Serrano meeting is completed by then.

Overstein will have his confirmation hearing after CREST is completed in the Senate, Reed's bill will come up tonight or tomorrow morning after the result of the Net Neutrality bill.

I edited my app.
I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good, therefore, that I can do or any kindness I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it for I shall not pass this way again- Etienne de Grellet du Mabillier
_[' ]_
(-_Q)
If you support Capitalism put this in your Sig.

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:18 pm

Freed Lymonia wrote:
Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi wrote:
Da fuq...

I am 100% sure Jesus taught about turning the other cheek.

Well I mean he did say to sell your clothes if you couldn’t afford a sword...

Jesus was all for self defense just not being a murderer

The really did not seem like he was advocating self-defense.

"The worst form of inequality is to make unequal things equal."
-Aristotle
"Even the striving for equality by means of a directed economy can result only in an officially enforced inequality - an authoritarian determination of the status of each individual in the new hierarchical order. "-Friedrich August von Hayek
Political Compass
Economic:3.88
Social:1.40

Tory Blue to the Core(Leans Democrat in the US though)
What have we done...

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 14, 2014
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:19 pm

“Jesus taught us to be armed,” said Johnson. “The real reason for our Second Amendment rights is that we have a gun to keep a mean-spirited government off of us. If they go crazy, we gotta have something to be crazier with.”

Da fuq...

Luke 22:36 would be the common verse cited by such a person, though the context and meaning is disputed. Regardless, "turning the other cheek" has been interpreted in a pacifist manner inconsistent with its original meaning (not to say that messages in line with pacifism are not found in the Gospels). The verse specifically refers to turning the other cheek if struck on the right cheek, which is a notable detail-if one is struck on the right cheek, one was struck by the left, non-dominant hand, an insult, rather than attack. (Conceptions of uncleanliness of the left hand add to this.) The message of the verse is to "resist not evil" if one is disparaged or insulted, not to condemn self-defense.
Last edited by Prolieum on Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Male.
Political Views: Classically Liberal Paleoconservative Neoliberal Libertarian Conservative
"We are the Canadian Borg. Resistance would be impolite. Please wait to be assimilated. Pour l'assimilation en Francais, appuyer le numero deux."

WWFD (What Would Fraser Do?)
Community Choice Award for Nation Role Play: The War Cry of Uncle Sam (OP)
Recognized By the Community Miscellaneous Role Play: Washington Political RP (OP)
Recognized By the Community for Exemplary Talent in Nation Role Play: Prolieum

Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:19 pm

Johnson continues for the camera. He gives out Belcher’s home address. He claims that “the Islam’crat Barack Obama, criminal Clinton and lyin’ Linda have sent Chicago thugs” after him. His children and grandchild have been threatened, he says.

100% sure he is inciting violence

-Aristotle
"Even the striving for equality by means of a directed economy can result only in an officially enforced inequality - an authoritarian determination of the status of each individual in the new hierarchical order. "-Friedrich August von Hayek
Political Compass

What have we done...

Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:20 pm

Prolieum wrote:
Da fuq...

Luke 22:36 would be the common verse cited by such a person, though the context and meaning is disputed. Regardless, "turning the other cheek" has been interpreted in a pacifist manner inconsistent with its original meaning (not to say that messages in line with pacifism are not found in the Gospels). The verse specifically refers to turning the other cheek if struck on the right cheek, which is a notable detail-if one is struck on the right cheek, one was struck by the left, non-dominant hand, an insult, rather than attack. (Conceptions of uncleanliness of the left hand add to this.) The message of the verse is to "resist not evil" if one is disparaged or insulted, not to condemn self-defense.

I know what he was getting at, but the man has a history of inciting violence.

-Aristotle
Political Compass

What have we done...

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:20 pm

Pantorrum wrote:
Prolieum wrote:We have had several problems attempting to organize the White-Florrick-Reed meeting, but it will hopefully be held tomorrow, if the Serrano meeting is completed by then.

Overstein will have his confirmation hearing after CREST is completed in the Senate, Reed's bill will come up tonight or tomorrow morning after the result of the Net Neutrality bill.

I edited my app.

I am on mobile at present, but will review as best I can.
Male.
Political Views: Classically Liberal Paleoconservative Neoliberal Libertarian Conservative
"We are the Canadian Borg. Resistance would be impolite. Please wait to be assimilated. Pour l'assimilation en Francais, appuyer le numero deux."

Recognized By the Community Miscellaneous Role Play: Washington Political RP (OP)

Freed Lymonia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 15, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Freed Lymonia » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:20 pm

Freed Lymonia wrote:Well I mean he did say to sell your clothes if you couldn’t afford a sword...

Jesus was all for self defense just not being a murderer

The really did not seem like he was advocating self-defense.

Yeah, you gotta be ready for if the state becomes authoritarian. It’s the same idea Madison and the like thought. You’re defending your rights with gun if need be. The second amendment protects and ensures all other amendments.
Doobengert wrote:*hic*
lots of people died
*cough and then hiccup, then drinks more out of his empty bottle*
war
*hiccup*
more war
Boom, Lymonia
-Asheyin, More drunk than he should be
We don't use NS stats unless they'd fit the nation same w/policies
Our National Anthem
here is a few songs that would give the vibe of our nation: General vibe 1 Genera vibe 2| Morales | Military (just replace America with Lymonia) | Culture

"We will always remember. We will always be proud. We will always be prepared, so we may always be free."
-Reagan

#NotAllFlubals. Put this in your sig if you know not all Flubals get into car accidents

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:22 pm

Prolieum wrote:

I know what he was getting at, but the man has a history of inciting violence.

I am reading through the article at present, and not defending the man, simply explaining the problems of the common exegesis of turning the other cheek.
Male.

Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:23 pm

Media reports highlighted racist posts he shared. One image depicted Barack and Michelle Obama as cartoonish apes. Another showed a young chimpanzee with a caption, “Obama’s baby picture.” A third post showed former President Ronald Reagan feeding a small chimp a bottle. It was titled, “Reagan babysits a young Obama.”

Even Williams would think that is a little much

-Aristotle
Political Compass

What have we done...

Freed Lymonia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Freed Lymonia » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:25 pm

Media reports highlighted racist posts he shared. One image depicted Barack and Michelle Obama as cartoonish apes. Another showed a young chimpanzee with a caption, “Obama’s baby picture.” A third post showed former President Ronald Reagan feeding a small chimp a bottle. It was titled, “Reagan babysits a young Obama.”

TBH I thought those were funny irl. I need to get back into this RP, I haven’t been on in forever. Anything to know?
lots of people died
war
*hiccup*
more war
Boom, Lymonia
Our National Anthem
here is a few songs that would give the vibe of our nation: General vibe 1 Genera vibe 2| Morales | Military (just replace America with Lymonia) | Culture

"We will always remember. We will always be proud. We will always be prepared, so we may always be free."
-Reagan

#NotAllFlubals. Put this in your sig if you know not all Flubals get into car accidents

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:27 pm

Freed Lymonia wrote:

TBH I thought those were funny irl. I need to get back into this RP, I haven’t been on in forever. Anything to know?

An abortion-restriction bill is currently in the questioning period in the Senate. Reed's "Dudley Tax", or carbon tax recently passed by a broad margin. If you like, you can indicate your vote here in the OOC so we can have a more exact total.
Male.

Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:27 pm

He then says he has four children. In reality, he has five children, including one from his first marriage.

Sure signs of mental stability, not knowing how much kids you have

-Aristotle
Political Compass

What have we done...

Freed Lymonia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Freed Lymonia » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:31 pm

So since they answered the question can someone else now ask a question or how exactly does this work
lots of people died
war
*hiccup*
more war
Boom, Lymonia
Our National Anthem

-Reagan

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:32 pm

Freed Lymonia wrote:
Sanabel wrote:Alphonsey would co-author or sponsor if you wanted

Cool. I’m ready whenever you are.

Locklear wants on Board as well.
Democratic Nominee 2024

Former Republican. Liberal Internationalist. Pick your battles.

Is the Hamburglar an insurrectionary anarchist? One who martyrs himself through the propaganda of the deed?

Uttland
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Uttland » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:34 pm

He then says he has four children. In reality, he has five children, including one from his first marriage.

The whole article is a fucking gold mine of insanity
Last edited by Uttland on Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Biden for President(The Pragmatic Choice!)

”Cease, cows, life is short.”
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, One Hundred Years of Solitude
Currently Reading: The Western Canon by Harold Bloom
Current Bop: "12 Steps" by Japanese Breakfast
Politicial Views: Moderate free market and social liberal with some select conservative and social democratic leanings/views. Anti-populist. Aspirational wonk. 8values and Political Compass results + more detailed politics/views
Favorite Books: The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle, by Haruki Murakami, Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoyevsky, One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:34 pm

Uttland wrote:

The whole article is a fucking gold mine of insanity

Isn't this the dude who committed suicide
Last edited by Vaquas on Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Democratic Nominee 2024

Former Republican. Liberal Internationalist. Pick your battles.

Is the Hamburglar an insurrectionary anarchist? One who martyrs himself through the propaganda of the deed?

Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:35 pm

Vaquas wrote:
Uttland wrote:The whole article is a fucking gold mine of insanity

Isn't this the dude who committed suicide

Yup, he was also pretty insane

-Aristotle
Political Compass

What have we done...

Uttland
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Uttland » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:36 pm

Johnson bowed his head recently at a memorial service remembering 9/11, one of the worst days in this country’s modern history. He says it was one of his worst days too — but regularly boasts about his heroic acts that day.

Time and again, he’s told this story with himself in the lead role.

Looking out a hotel window, he watched the second plane crash into the World Trade Center. He raced to Ground Zero. He pulled a body from the outstretched arms of first responders.

He set up a morgue right there, right near the rubble. And for two weeks — two heinous weeks — the Pope gave last rites for “all of those” pulled from the towers.

He also was at Ground Zero too!
Last edited by Uttland on Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Politicial Views: Moderate free market and social liberal with some select conservative and social democratic leanings/views. Anti-populist. Aspirational wonk. 8values and Political Compass results + more detailed politics/views
Favorite Books: The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle, by Haruki Murakami, Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoyevsky, One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:37 pm

Uttland wrote:
Johnson bowed his head recently at a memorial service remembering 9/11, one of the worst days in this country’s modern history. He says it was one of his worst days too — but regularly boasts about his heroic acts that day.

Time and again, he’s told this story with himself in the lead role.

Looking out a hotel window, he watched the second plane crash into the World Trade Center. He raced to Ground Zero. He pulled a body from the outstretched arms of first responders.

He set up a morgue right there, right near the rubble. And for two weeks — two heinous weeks — the Pope gave last rites for “all of those” pulled from the towers.

He also was at Ground Zero too

But he wasn't... It is a complete lie

-Aristotle
Political Compass

What have we done...

Sanabel
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:38 pm

Vaquas wrote:
Freed Lymonia wrote:Cool. I’m ready whenever you are.

Locklear wants on Board as well.

Nice. I'm ready to do this.
The interregnum is over- I am once again the OP of the Land of the Free RP

I am a Radical Centro-Transhumanist and a National Globalist.
If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Uttland
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Uttland » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:41 pm

Uttland wrote:He also was at Ground Zero too

But he wasn't... It is a complete lie

It was ironic

Uttland
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Uttland » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:44 pm

What fun! Twice he burned two of his possessions to get insurance money

Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:44 pm

Uttland wrote:What fun! Twice he burned two of his possessions to get insurance money

A RL Johnson

-Aristotle
Political Compass

What have we done...

Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:45 pm

Heart of Fire Church was ablaze.

Can't get more ironic than that

-Aristotle
Political Compass

What have we done...

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:46 pm

Sanabel wrote:
Main Nation Ministry wrote:I actually already work at the Salvation Army. A simple job, just packaging food there.

Do you get paid decently?

It's a "school-to-career" program thing. I would say about once a month.
Local 22 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse