NATION

PASSWORD

Washington 2017 Political RP [CLOSED] OOC Pt. VIII

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:01 pm

Meelducan wrote:So am I no longer needed for Virginia?

We might as well have a big primary given that its relatively soon
Democratic Nominee 2024

Former Republican. Liberal Internationalist. Pick your battles.

Is the Hamburglar an insurrectionary anarchist? One who martyrs himself through the propaganda of the deed?

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:03 pm

I'm here. Also, meed, you forgot to add Cox to that Star Wars poster.
Local 22 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Meelducan
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 24, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Meelducan » Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:11 pm

Main Nation Ministry wrote:I'm here. Also, meed, you forgot to add Cox to that Star Wars poster.

It isn't my poster, I think it's Sanabel's.
Last edited by Meelducan on Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marianne 2024:
America's First Healer-In-Chief

Sanabel wrote:SHut the fuck up, Meel is epic

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:35 pm

Meelducan wrote:
Main Nation Ministry wrote:I'm here. Also, meed, you forgot to add Cox to that Star Wars poster.

It isn't my poster, I think it's Sanabel's.

BTW, wish to help me with the Cox's page in the wiki? I just need the template on the Early Life, Political Career and all that.
Local 22 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Meelducan
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Meelducan » Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:59 pm

Main Nation Ministry wrote:
Meelducan wrote:It isn't my poster, I think it's Sanabel's.

BTW, wish to help me with the Cox's page in the wiki? I just need the template on the Early Life, Political Career and all that.

Okay.

Also, would anyone like to help me write a bio for my Dem candidate?
Marianne 2024:

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:00 pm

Meelducan wrote:
Main Nation Ministry wrote:BTW, wish to help me with the Cox's page in the wiki? I just need the template on the Early Life, Political Career and all that.

Okay.

Also, would anyone like to help me write a bio for my Dem candidate?

which state
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:11 pm

First run at Meed's Virignia character, let me know if Richard Dreyfuss has been used

NS Nation Name:
Character Name: Arthur Arlen
Character Gender: M
Character Age: 64
Character Height: 5’5”
Character Weight: 167 lbs
Character Position/Role/Job: Mayor of Norfolk
Appearance: (Photo preferred, not required)
Character State of Origin: Virginia
Character State of Residence: Virginia
Character Party Affiliation: Democrat
Main Strengths: Children’s Doctor, Name recognition, favorite of environmental groups and successful outreach programs to youth and education “ending the school to prison pipeline and building a school to work pipeline”
Main Weaknesses: bad financial record, prioritized environment at detriment to farmers, controversial confederate monument decision
Last edited by Dentali on Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

United Layfet
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby United Layfet » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:31 pm

So uhhh.... I had to step away from Nationstates for a while for school related stuff, and I'm back, so could I return and continue with my two characters Edmond Dantes - Immigration Attorney and US Ambassador to the Russian Federation Oliver Cromwell from long (and I mean long) ago, or would you like me to submit new ones?

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:38 am

Dentali wrote:Democratic Candidates Wanted
In rough order of importance

Virginia Governor Race
New Mexico Governor Race
Maryland Governor Race
Nevada Governor Race
Rhode Island Governor Race
Massachusetts Governor Race
New York Governor Race
Texas Governor Race

Wisconsin Senate Race
Connecticut Senate Race
Nevada Senate Race
Texas Senator Race

Being that I am lacking in the Democratic character category, I will gladly app for one of these.
Last edited by Imperial Esplanade on Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Busy, but I check TGs often.
Imperial Esplanadian Constitution [WIP]

New Orleans, Louisiana.
Nation Weebly/Wiki - Coming Soon
The Land of the Free - Admin Assist.

But the Lord stood by me, and gave me strength. (2 Timothy 4:17)
One of the keys to happiness is a bad memory. (Rita Mae Brown)
SAINTS | PELICANS | TIGERS | PRIVATEERS

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:50 am

I've noticed the following pertaining to my characters:

- Phillip Prejean, Louisiana Republican Senator, is not listed.
- Melvin Freeman, Massachusetts Progressive Representative, is not listed.
- Louis Reynolds IV, an Independent, is actually listed as a Democrat. He will also be the majority owner of the New England Media Corporation soon, thus may be wise to list him as a non-politician.
- Gianna Carrollton, now an Independent as well, is still listed as a Democrat. Assuming she won't be offered a position anywhere, she will become a professor at Georgetown University.

And of others:

- Emma Bellefontaine, Republican Secretary of the Treasury, is not listed.
- Jeremy Beaumont, Democratic Secretary of Commerce, is not listed.
- Donald Overstein, Democratic Secretary of Veteran Affairs, is not listed.
- Representative William Brennan, Republican Representative of Connecticut, is not listed.
Last edited by Imperial Esplanade on Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 14, 2014
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:37 am

Imperial Esplanade wrote:I've noticed the following pertaining to my characters:

- Louis Reynolds IV, an Independent, is actually listed as a Democrat. He will also be the majority owner of the New England Media Corporation soon, thus may be wise to list him as a non-politician.
- Gianna Carrollton, now an Independent as well, is still listed as a Democrat. Assuming she won't be offered a position anywhere, she will become a professor at Georgetown University.

And of others:

- Representative William Brennan, Republican Representative of Connecticut, is not listed.

The bottom four are listed, but have not been moved to their new positions. Thank you for the observations.
Male.
Political Views: Classically Liberal Paleoconservative Neoliberal Libertarian Conservative
"We are the Canadian Borg. Resistance would be impolite. Please wait to be assimilated. Pour l'assimilation en Francais, appuyer le numero deux."

WWFD (What Would Fraser Do?)
Community Choice Award for Nation Role Play: The War Cry of Uncle Sam (OP)
Recognized By the Community Miscellaneous Role Play: Washington Political RP (OP)
Recognized By the Community for Exemplary Talent in Nation Role Play: Prolieum

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:38 am

United Layfet wrote:So uhhh.... I had to step away from Nationstates for a while for school related stuff, and I'm back, so could I return and continue with my two characters Edmond Dantes - Immigration Attorney and US Ambassador to the Russian Federation Oliver Cromwell from long (and I mean long) ago, or would you like me to submit new ones?

Welcome back. Both characters should still be usable, I do not believe anything significant has happened with them, though Dantes is in the process of being replaced. If you wish to apply as another character in addition, however, feel free to do so.
Male.
Political Views: Classically Liberal Paleoconservative Neoliberal Libertarian Conservative
"We are the Canadian Borg. Resistance would be impolite. Please wait to be assimilated. Pour l'assimilation en Francais, appuyer le numero deux."

Recognized By the Community Miscellaneous Role Play: Washington Political RP (OP)

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:45 am

Character Information Sheet

NS Nation Name: Imperial Esplanade
Character Name: Rep. Sandra Mary LaPorta
Character Gender: Female
Character Age: 66
Character Height: 5'7
Character Weight: 140 lbs
Character Position/Role/Job: United States Representative (WI-2), (will-be) Senate Candidate for Wisconsin
Appearance:

Character State of Origin: Wisconsin
Character State of Residence: Wisconsin
Main Strengths: Name recognition (both familial and personal), relatively substantial war-chest, strong appeal to feminists and other social progressives.
Main Weaknesses: Contentious family political history, lavish personal lifestyle, establishment, economically moderate/conservative.
Biography: WIP
Other Info: Officially endorsed Jeremy Beaumont during the 2016 Democratic Primary, though notably refrained from endorsing Robert Danders in the General Election. Net worth of $1,750,000.

Do Not Remove: 84721
Last edited by Imperial Esplanade on Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:48 am, edited 2 times in total.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:54 am

The above is election fodder, if it is desirable as it pertains to the Wisconsin race - if not, the application can be adjusted to reflect any of the races Dentali had listed above.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Velahor
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 27, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Velahor » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:42 am

Prolieum wrote:
Imperial Esplanade wrote:I've noticed the following pertaining to my characters:

And of others:

The bottom four are listed, but have not been moved to their new positions. Thank you for the observations.

Also:
Kristina Chase, Chief Political Correspondant at WNN
James Miles Jr. Attorney General of Alaska (Independent)

And depending on preference, Ken Capital can be removed from the list
”A wasted vote is voting for someone that you don’t believe in”

Libertarian Realist/Neoclassical Liberal/Capitalistic Pragmatist, Civil Rights Advocate, Architecture Geek, Law Student
Diane Paulson - Congresswoman - Maine 2nd District
Michelle Paulson-Miller - White House Deputy Chief of Staff & Former NRA Chief Lobbyist
William S. Rogers III - Senator - Montana
Martha Prendergast - Senator & First Lady - West Virginia
Daniel Gundersen - Mayor of Waukesha, WI/Candidate for United States Senate/Founder of Dairy Dan’s

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:16 am

While I don't think it is all that necessary to do so, I ought to provide the insight that Reynolds is, of course, being overly-optimistic in his assessment. On that note, an app of sorts will be submitted soon as it pertains to NEMG itself.
Last edited by Imperial Esplanade on Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:51 am

New England Media Corporation should be based in New England >:(
The interregnum is over- I am once again the OP of the Land of the Free RP

I am a Radical Centro-Transhumanist and a National Globalist.
If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:55 am

Hazelelponi is currently awaiting Huerta's response, TNS.
Male.

Meelducan
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Meelducan » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:17 am

Character Information Sheet

NS Nation Name: Meelducan
Character Name: Arthur Arlen
Character Gender: M
Character Age: 64
Character Height: 5’6”
Character Weight: 167 lbs
Character Position/Role/Job: Mayor of Norfolk
Appearance:

Character State of Origin: Virginia
Character State of Residence: Virginia
Main Strengths: Children’s Doctor, Name recognition, favorite of environmental groups and successful outreach programs to youth and education “ending the school to prison pipeline and building a school to work pipeline”
Main Weaknesses: Mixed financial record, prioritized environment at detriment to farmers,
Biography:
Arthur Arlen was born to a single teen mother in Richmond, she would work 2 jobs to be able to raise Arthur and provide for them. Despite a few minor run-ins with the law, he would graduate high school second in his class and go on to college and eventually medical school. Eventually, he would work as a doctor in Norfolk for several years until opening a pediatric practice of his own.
Upon seeing the plight of the many of the children and families and their inability to afford healthcare he began looking into healthcare policy. He began joining boards and advising government officials on health policy. Eventually, he joined the Norfolk city council serving for the better part of a decade. Originally planning to run for mayor, he was rebuffed by his fellow Democrats and told to wait his turn. Instead, he would leave the council somewhat jaded and run for state senate for the 5th district representing Norfolk and Chesapeake serving for two terms.
As Senator he would advocate for Norfolk strongly, protecting the Chesapeake Bay and most notably a number of healthcare plans and aid to the poor. He would also be a champion of LGBTQ rights a woman’s right to choose and infrastructure spending.
Running for mayor he would win a solid victory after securing the Democratic nomination. His term would be mostly uneventful, playing defense for liberal causes and working to aid the poor especially single mothers and their children. His youth engagement programs would once again take center stage with his healthcare policies a constant presence but much harder to get through. Throughout his term his city was stagnant financially, unemployment got slightly worse and small businesses began suffering. Overall his term was good environmentally, with the Chesapeake Bay rebounding and improving greatly under his leadership and coordination with other officials. In short socially and environmentally Arlen did well but financially he was much less successful.
When the call for Confederate monuments to be removed started to happen, Arlen was the first government official to petition to take down the monuments. This landed him a great deal of name recognition throughout the state and nationally, often interviewed on talk shows around the nation. This combined with his solid democratic record gives him the platform to run on for governor.

Other Info:
PLATFORM:
Expand access to apprenticeships and training
Build a school-to-work pipeline
Break the school-to-prison pipeline
Protecting the Chesapeake Bay and clean water
Cut college costs
Invest in STEAM and expand computer science
Protect LGBT equality
Women’s health and pro-choice
Attracting, retaining, and supporting teachers
Broadband and good jobs to Rural Virginia
Moderate on Gun Control
Grocery tax exemptions for low-income families
Two-year tax exemptions for small business startups in rural areas
Criminal justice reform especially for juveniles
Heavy emphasis on criminal rehab
Supports construction of Atlantic Coast and Mountain Valley Pipeline if the pass environmental inspection
Massive renewable energy investment “Energy Capital of the Atlantic”
Marianne 2024:

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:39 am

Current list of people Harrison wants to chat with

Edgar Brankers-Washington Democratic Peoples Republic of Kelvinsi

Stacey Allison-Oregon Tallahassee News Station

Joe Darnell-Washington Meelducan

Antonio Vincente De Nieto-California Democratic Peoples Republic of Kelvinsi

Rodney Johnson-New York Sanabel

Jared O’Leary-Illinois Tallahassee News Station

Ella Enchanted-Ohio Tumblrena

John Kingston-Maine Alozia

Reginaldo Alphonsey-California Sanabel

Alexander Breckenridge-Republican Caucus-Massachusetts Vaquas

DGA Chair Norris Vilseck-Pennsylvania Tallahassee News Station

Esperanza Huerta-California Tallahassee News Station

Claudia Patton-Maine Vaquas

Carter "Old Dan" Schmidt-Derby Uttland

William Denver-Colorado Vaquas

Ellen Walton-Seattle Tumblrena

Doug Stephens-Montana (Libertarian Party) Velahor

Reverend Ebeneezer Bello-North Carolina Tallahassee News Station

Ex-Senator Gianna Carrollton-Ohio Imperial Esplanade

Ex-Ambassador Sadan Chaudhari Singh-Connecticut Vaquas

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:43 am

Dentali wrote:Current list of people Harrison wants to chat with

Edgar Brankers-Washington Democratic Peoples Republic of Kelvinsi

Stacey Allison-Oregon Tallahassee News Station

Joe Darnell-Washington Meelducan

Antonio Vincente De Nieto-California Democratic Peoples Republic of Kelvinsi

Rodney Johnson-New York Sanabel

Jared O’Leary-Illinois Tallahassee News Station

Ella Enchanted-Ohio Tumblrena

John Kingston-Maine Alozia

Reginaldo Alphonsey-California Sanabel

Alexander Breckenridge-Republican Caucus-Massachusetts Vaquas

DGA Chair Norris Vilseck-Pennsylvania Tallahassee News Station

Esperanza Huerta-California Tallahassee News Station

Claudia Patton-Maine Vaquas

Carter "Old Dan" Schmidt-Derby Uttland

William Denver-Colorado Vaquas

Ellen Walton-Seattle Tumblrena

Doug Stephens-Montana (Libertarian Party) Velahor

Reverend Ebeneezer Bello-North Carolina Tallahassee News Station

Ex-Senator Gianna Carrollton-Ohio Imperial Esplanade

Ex-Ambassador Sadan Chaudhari Singh-Connecticut Vaquas

Why Alphonsey

If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:52 am

Sanabel wrote:
Dentali wrote:Current list of people Harrison wants to chat with

Why Alphonsey

Its part of a general strategy with the progs

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:57 am

Dentali wrote:
Sanabel wrote:Why Alphonsey

Its part of a general strategy with the progs

The chances of Alphonsey supporting the Democrats are very low

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:58 am

Sanabel wrote:New England Media Corporation should be based in New England >:(

It was, originally, though more of its transition (and story) will be revealed later. I had run into writer's block, so this post was kept a bit short.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:59 am

Imperial Esplanade wrote:
Sanabel wrote:New England Media Corporation should be based in New England >:(

It was, originally, though more of its transition (and story) will be revealed later. I had run into writer's block, so this post was kept a bit short.

I see

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse