NATION

PASSWORD

Washington 2017 Political RP [CLOSED] OOC Pt. VIII

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:10 pm

Waztaskio, if you could copy-and-paste your post here: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=417546

Then go back and delete the post you just made in the old thread, that would be greatly appreciated.
Last edited by Imperial Esplanade on Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Busy, but I check TGs often.
Imperial Esplanadian Constitution [WIP]

New Orleans, Louisiana.
Nation Weebly/Wiki - Coming Soon
The Land of the Free - Admin Assist.

But the Lord stood by me, and gave me strength. (2 Timothy 4:17)
One of the keys to happiness is a bad memory. (Rita Mae Brown)
SAINTS | PELICANS | TIGERS | PRIVATEERS

Waztaskio
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 09, 2013
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Waztaskio » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:16 pm

Tallahassee News Station wrote:
Waztaskio wrote:No idea how this passed. But I'm so tempted to make a character to take this to court and shoot it down...

Probably won't get anywhere. Several states have the same kind of thing on the books and they've stuck around. Still something that could be tried though

Do you have the text on this law anywhere? The IC one I'm going after that is.

And it's changed to the other location. My bad.

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:18 pm

Waztaskio wrote:
Probably won't get anywhere. Several states have the same kind of thing on the books and they've stuck around. Still something that could be tried though

Do you have the text on this law anywhere? The IC one I'm going after that is.

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=382742&p=30570139#p30570139

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Waztaskio
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Waztaskio » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:22 pm

Imperial Esplanade wrote:
Waztaskio wrote:Do you have the text on this law anywhere? The IC one I'm going after that is.

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=382742&p=30570139#p30570139

Thank you. And yep...this act is going down. Completely unconstitutional.

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:38 pm

Hey Dentali, I'm ready to start that thing whenever you are.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:44 pm

I'll start taking a look at some of the Eighth Circuit's jurisprudence. Iowa's got a harsher chemical castration law than SNIP on the books, and its the most Republican-appointed of all the courts, but we'll see what we get.
Proud Co-OP of the 2016 Washington Political RP

PRO oppression, hate speech, robbing from the poor and giving to the rich, outsourcing jobs, unemployment, career politicians, pollution, pineapple on pizza

ANTI equality, free speech, pursuit of happiness, quality education, freedom, charity, prosperity, puppies and kittens

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:48 pm

Kennedy will probably retire and Ginsburg will die or retire under Reed's Presidency, so Reed could end up with 4 Supreme Court Seats to fill.
Last edited by Vaquas on Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Democratic Nominee 2024

Former Republican. Liberal Internationalist. Pick your battles.

Is the Hamburglar an insurrectionary anarchist? One who martyrs himself through the propaganda of the deed?

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:50 pm

Vaquas wrote:Kennedy will probably retire and Ginsburg will die or retire under Reed's Presidency, so Reed's could end up with 4 Supreme Court Seats to fill.

Perhaps.....

PRO oppression, hate speech, robbing from the poor and giving to the rich, outsourcing jobs, unemployment, career politicians, pollution, pineapple on pizza

ANTI equality, free speech, pursuit of happiness, quality education, freedom, charity, prosperity, puppies and kittens

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:51 pm

Vaquas wrote:Kennedy will probably retire and Ginsburg will die or retire under Reed's Presidency, so Reed could end up with 4 Supreme Court Seats to fill.

Rather than one, I believe Reed had already inherited a deficit of two justices.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:53 pm

Vaquas wrote:Kennedy will probably retire and Ginsburg will die or retire under Reed's Presidency, so Reed could end up with 4 Supreme Court Seats to fill.

Rather than one, I believe Reed had already inherited a deficit of two justices.

Exactly.

Scalia + Kagan + Kennedy + Ginsburg's Seats = Reed shapes the Court for the next 40 years.
Democratic Nominee 2024

Is the Hamburglar an insurrectionary anarchist? One who martyrs himself through the propaganda of the deed?

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:55 pm

Imagine if Governor Williams had that power instead, the Supreme Court will literally be filled with Roy Moores.

"The worst form of inequality is to make unequal things equal."
-Aristotle
"Even the striving for equality by means of a directed economy can result only in an officially enforced inequality - an authoritarian determination of the status of each individual in the new hierarchical order. "-Friedrich August von Hayek
Political Compass
Economic:3.88
Social:1.40

Tory Blue to the Core(Leans Democrat in the US though)
What have we done...

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:56 pm

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi wrote:

Imagine if Governor Williams had that power instead, the Supreme Court will literally be filled with Roy Moores.

If Williams had it his way, there wouldn't be a Supreme Court.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:56 pm

Several months ago I got some of those actuarial tables and SC death calculators, and went through on the numbers, hundred or so run-throughs see who'd die+when, so its all on the calendar going forward

I didn't actually even think about retirements though. Not-Kennedy probably would with Reed instead of Trump

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:57 pm

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi wrote:

Democratic Nominee 2024

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:58 pm

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi wrote:Imagine if Governor Williams had that power instead, the Supreme Court will literally be filled with Roy Moores.

If Williams had it his way, there wouldn't be a Supreme Court.

He would have the Supreme Court dissolve itself.

"The worst form of inequality is to make unequal things equal."
-Aristotle
"Even the striving for equality by means of a directed economy can result only in an officially enforced inequality - an authoritarian determination of the status of each individual in the new hierarchical order. "-Friedrich August von Hayek
Political Compass
Economic:3.88
Social:1.40

Tory Blue to the Core(Leans Democrat in the US though)
What have we done...

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:59 pm

Several months ago I got some of those actuarial tables and SC death calculators, and went through on the numbers, hundred or so run-throughs see who'd die+when, so its all on the calendar going forward

I didn't actually even think about retirements though. Not-Kennedy probably would with Reed instead of Trump

"What's that on your calendar?"

"Oh, that? That's just when a Supreme Court Justice is going to die."

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Waztaskio
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Waztaskio » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:40 pm

Tallahassee News Station wrote:I'll start taking a look at some of the Eighth Circuit's jurisprudence. Iowa's got a harsher chemical castration law than SNIP on the books, and its the most Republican-appointed of all the courts, but we'll see what we get.

This is a District Court though. And the Chief Justice of the one I filed in was appointed by a Democrat President, Barack Obama who appointed Paul K. Holmes III as the Chief Justice. It has a nice shot at getting through, and if the appeals court turns it down then I'll move it up to the Supreme.

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:50 pm

Waztaskio wrote:
Tallahassee News Station wrote:I'll start taking a look at some of the Eighth Circuit's jurisprudence. Iowa's got a harsher chemical castration law than SNIP on the books, and its the most Republican-appointed of all the courts, but we'll see what we get.

This is a District Court though. And the Chief Justice of the one I filed in was appointed by a Democrat President, Barack Obama who appointed Paul K. Holmes III as the Chief Justice. It has a nice shot at getting through, and if the appeals court turns it down then I'll move it up to the Supreme.

Needs Certiorari to make it up to the Supreme, we'll see if it'd get it. A D appointee isn't necessarily going to pass it on (this is a thing that originated and is still going on in Cali), but I'd give it a decent shot at making it past that first hurdle.

Waztaskio
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Waztaskio » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:53 pm

Waztaskio wrote:This is a District Court though. And the Chief Justice of the one I filed in was appointed by a Democrat President, Barack Obama who appointed Paul K. Holmes III as the Chief Justice. It has a nice shot at getting through, and if the appeals court turns it down then I'll move it up to the Supreme.

Needs Certiorari to make it up to the Supreme, we'll see if it'd get it. A D appointee isn't necessarily going to pass it on (this is a thing that originated and is still going on in Cali), but I'd give it a decent shot at making it past that first hurdle.

Gotcha. Although I didn''t detail out my exact reasons for the case in the post, mainly because I wasn't sure how exactly were were gunna do it. But I do have a list of reasons that will need to be detailed, once I know when and how to do it.

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:58 pm

Waztaskio wrote:

Gotcha. Although I didn''t detail out my exact reasons for the case in the post, mainly because I wasn't sure how exactly were were gunna do it. But I do have a list of reasons that will need to be detailed, once I know when and how to do it.

That should be fine. I'd expect it to jump that first hurdle like I said, and I'm fine with slanting things in its favor a bit to get it farther for RP sake.

Waztaskio
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Waztaskio » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:59 pm

Waztaskio wrote:Gotcha. Although I didn''t detail out my exact reasons for the case in the post, mainly because I wasn't sure how exactly were were gunna do it. But I do have a list of reasons that will need to be detailed, once I know when and how to do it.

That should be fine. I'd expect it to jump that first hurdle like I said, and I'm fine with slanting things in its favor a bit to get it farther for RP sake.

Sounds good. Just let me know when you need something from me then.

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:01 pm

Waztaskio wrote:

Sounds good. Just let me know when you need something from me then.

What's your plan on laying things out? Obviously a full write-up of the case isn't necessary, thinking another press conference or....?

Waztaskio
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Waztaskio » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:04 pm

Waztaskio wrote:Sounds good. Just let me know when you need something from me then.

Gunna make a post about like a clerk or someone going over it, and write up the summary of offenses. Doing it now.

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:05 pm

Waztaskio wrote:

Gunna make a post about like a clerk or someone going over it, and write up the summary of offenses. Doing it now.

Sounds good. Take your time if you like

Waztaskio
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Waztaskio » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:22 pm

Waztaskio wrote:

Sounds good. Take your time if you like

Done. I basically summarized, because usually those papers are in the hundreds of pages long.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse