NATION

PASSWORD

Washington 2017 Political RP [CLOSED] OOC Pt. VIII

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Sanabel
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:42 pm

Uttland wrote:I really think Richard Spencer is controlled opposition now. It makes too much sense

Why
The interregnum is over- I am once again the OP of the Land of the Free RP

I am a Radical Centro-Transhumanist and a National Globalist.
If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Waztaskio
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 09, 2013
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Waztaskio » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:43 pm

Safely Neutering Illegal Persons Act - Is this act still in force in the RP?

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:45 pm

Waztaskio wrote:Safely Neutering Illegal Persons Act - Is this act still in force in the RP?

Yep.

If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Waztaskio
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Waztaskio » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:45 pm

Sanabel wrote:
Waztaskio wrote:Safely Neutering Illegal Persons Act - Is this act still in force in the RP?

Yep.

No idea how this passed. But I'm so tempted to make a character to take this to court and shoot it down...

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:46 pm

Denisevich is being firm with Serrano mostly because he was too lenient with Fitch.

Uttland
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Uttland » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:46 pm

Sanabel wrote:
Uttland wrote:I really think Richard Spencer is controlled opposition now. It makes too much sense

Why

Think about it; everyone sees him as the face of the alt-right. when you think alt-right white nationalism; you think about good ole Dickie boy. But then, you realise how bad of a spokesperson Richard Spencer is. And how much he just sucks as a person, and how unpopular he is with some factions of the "real alt-right". It's some sort of paradox.

The only rational explanation is that he's a government agent working to make the alt-right look bad (well, worse, since they never looked good to begin with)
Biden for President(The Pragmatic Choice!)

”Cease, cows, life is short.”
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, One Hundred Years of Solitude
Currently Reading: The Western Canon by Harold Bloom
Current Bop: "12 Steps" by Japanese Breakfast
Politicial Views: Moderate free market and social liberal with some select conservative and social democratic leanings/views. Anti-populist. Aspirational wonk. 8values and Political Compass results + more detailed politics/views
Favorite Books: The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle, by Haruki Murakami, Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoyevsky, One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:47 pm

Waztaskio wrote:
Sanabel wrote:Yep.

No idea how this passed. But I'm so tempted to make a character to take this to court and shoot it down...

Do it. That would be very interesting.

Don't you already control one of the state level attorneys general?

Waztaskio
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Waztaskio » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:47 pm

Sanabel wrote:
Waztaskio wrote:No idea how this passed. But I'm so tempted to make a character to take this to court and shoot it down...

Do it. That would be very interesting.

I do actually. I haven't used him in months. Am I still allowed to post?

Uttland
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Uttland » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:48 pm

And where the Hell did Richard Spencer even come from? He's just always existed as something omnipresent to represent the alt-right, out of complete nowhere
Last edited by Uttland on Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Politicial Views: Moderate free market and social liberal with some select conservative and social democratic leanings/views. Anti-populist. Aspirational wonk. 8values and Political Compass results + more detailed politics/views
Favorite Books: The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle, by Haruki Murakami, Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoyevsky, One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:48 pm

Uttland wrote:
Sanabel wrote:Why

Think about it; everyone sees him as the face of the alt-right. when you think alt-right white nationalism; you think about good ole Dickie boy. But then, you realise how bad of a spokesperson Richard Spencer is. And how much he just sucks as a person, and how unpopular he is with some factions of the "real alt-right". It's some sort of paradox.

The only rational explanation is that he's a government agent working to make the alt-right look bad (well, worse, since they never looked good to begin with)

That does make sense.

If nothing else he is not a legitimate leader.

I don't see why he even tries to be given that the alt right's online HQ is an anonymous Japanese anime forum.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:49 pm

Uttland wrote:And where the Hell did Richard Spencer even come from? He's just always existed as something omnipresent to represent the alt-right, out of complete nowhere

Yes.

Also, he seems to lack any support from the old dogs who have hitched themselves to the alt right like Peter Brimelow and Jared Taylor.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:49 pm

Waztaskio wrote:
Sanabel wrote:Do it. That would be very interesting.

Of course.

Uttland
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Uttland » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:50 pm

Sanabel wrote:
Uttland wrote:Think about it; everyone sees him as the face of the alt-right. when you think alt-right white nationalism; you think about good ole Dickie boy. But then, you realise how bad of a spokesperson Richard Spencer is. And how much he just sucks as a person, and how unpopular he is with some factions of the "real alt-right". It's some sort of paradox.

That does make sense.

If nothing else he is not a legitimate leader.

I don't see why he even tries to be given that the alt right's online HQ is an anonymous Japanese anime forum.

See!

Yes, but the media portrays him as such, and that's what people see; controlled opposition!

"WHO IS THIS DANGEROUS HACKER 4CHAN?"

Uttland
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Uttland » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:51 pm

Sanabel wrote:
Uttland wrote:And where the Hell did Richard Spencer even come from? He's just always existed as something omnipresent to represent the alt-right, out of complete nowhere

Yes.

Also, he seems to lack any support from the old dogs who have hitched themselves to the alt right like Peter Brimelow and Jared Taylor.

I'm telling you man, Richard Spencer is a government agent. When it gets revealed, it's gonna be big. I was just joking, but it makes too much sense
Last edited by Uttland on Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Uttland
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Uttland » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:53 pm

Waztaskio wrote:

Yes. And I'm interested to see how it goes

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:55 pm

Uttland wrote:
Sanabel wrote:Yes.

I'm telling you man, Richard Spencer is a government agent. When it gets revealed, it's gonna be big. I was just joking, but it makes too much sense

I wonder what impact this would have, if any, if it becomes public that you are correct.

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:55 pm

Waztaskio wrote:
Sanabel wrote:Yep.

Probably won't get anywhere. Several states have the same kind of thing on the books and they've stuck around. Still something that could be tried though
Proud Co-OP of the 2016 Washington Political RP

PRO oppression, hate speech, robbing from the poor and giving to the rich, outsourcing jobs, unemployment, career politicians, pollution, pineapple on pizza

ANTI equality, free speech, pursuit of happiness, quality education, freedom, charity, prosperity, puppies and kittens

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:56 pm

Waztaskio wrote:

Yep
Proud Co-OP of the 2016 Washington Political RP

PRO oppression, hate speech, robbing from the poor and giving to the rich, outsourcing jobs, unemployment, career politicians, pollution, pineapple on pizza

ANTI equality, free speech, pursuit of happiness, quality education, freedom, charity, prosperity, puppies and kittens

Uttland
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Uttland » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:56 pm

Sanabel wrote:
Uttland wrote:I'm telling you man, Richard Spencer is a government agent. When it gets revealed, it's gonna be big. I was just joking, but it makes too much sense

I wonder what impact this would have, if any, if it becomes public that you are correct.

I'd assume a lot of finger pointing about who else could be a government operative. A paranoia festival

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:57 pm

Uttland wrote:
Sanabel wrote:I wonder what impact this would have, if any, if it becomes public that you are correct.

I'd assume a lot of finger pointing about who else could be a government operative. A paranoia festival

If the government would bother to set up controlled opposition within the alt right that means the alt right is a bigger deal than I thought.

Uttland
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Uttland » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:01 pm

Sanabel wrote:
Uttland wrote:I'd assume a lot of finger pointing about who else could be a government operative. A paranoia festival

If the government would bother to set up controlled opposition within the alt right that means the alt right is a bigger deal than I thought.

I mean, I'd assume it would be more keeping tabs on them than actually trying to sabotage the alt right.

Though, to be honest, a controlled opposition Spencer would really fuel the alt-right's conspiracy theories

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:06 pm

I don't think he's controlled opposition, I think he's an opportunist who decided to try and take advantage of a political niche market.
Democratic Nominee 2024

Former Republican. Liberal Internationalist. Pick your battles.

Is the Hamburglar an insurrectionary anarchist? One who martyrs himself through the propaganda of the deed?

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:06 pm

Alright I am ready for the Overstein hearing.

"The worst form of inequality is to make unequal things equal."
-Aristotle
"Even the striving for equality by means of a directed economy can result only in an officially enforced inequality - an authoritarian determination of the status of each individual in the new hierarchical order. "-Friedrich August von Hayek
Political Compass
Economic:3.88
Social:1.40

Tory Blue to the Core(Leans Democrat in the US though)
What have we done...

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:09 pm

Wrong IC-thread.
Busy, but I check TGs often.
Imperial Esplanadian Constitution [WIP]

New Orleans, Louisiana.
Nation Weebly/Wiki - Coming Soon
The Land of the Free - Admin Assist.

But the Lord stood by me, and gave me strength. (2 Timothy 4:17)
One of the keys to happiness is a bad memory. (Rita Mae Brown)
SAINTS | PELICANS | TIGERS | PRIVATEERS

Uttland
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Uttland » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:10 pm

Vaquas wrote:I don't think he's controlled opposition, I think he's an opportunist who decided to try and take advantage of a political niche market.

Maybe, but controlled opposition is a lot cooler

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse