NATION

PASSWORD

The Tale Of the Seekers [OOC, Fantasy, Closed/Waitlist]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Founded: Apr 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:28 am

IOTA Corp wrote:when can we expect a character list and/or the IC?

Character list soon, and IC either tonight or tomorrow(now that we have three joined and one on the way I think we can proceed.)

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:26 am

The Character list and IC are UP! you can find a link to the IC in the top-right of the OP post, or in the top-right of this Post. Feel free to write about your trip in the carraige, or of any interactions with the other passengers.

IOTA Corp
Envoy

Founded: May 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby IOTA Corp » Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:40 am

nice, Ill get a post up today probably.

Corvus Metallum
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Corvus Metallum » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:34 am

This still open? Either way, trackalackin' because this looks interesting.

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:41 am

Corvus Metallum wrote:This still open? Either way, trackalackin' because this looks interesting.

It is still very much open :)

Corvus Metallum
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Corvus Metallum » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:26 am

The Cyberiad Council wrote:
Corvus Metallum wrote:This still open? Either way, trackalackin' because this looks interesting.

Alright, cool.

Question: If I wanted to make a character half-human, half-elf, what would be a good expected lifespan for them in this setting?

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:47 am

Corvus Metallum wrote:

Alright, cool.

Question: If I wanted to make a character half-human, half-elf, what would be a good expected lifespan for them in this setting?

Hmm. I didn't think of human-elf hybrids. I guess they follow the base human rule. Although, if your character has the elvish phenotype for ears they may be persecuted by the humans.

I would say 200 years for a full blood elf, so anywhere between 100 and 150?.

Corvus Metallum
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Corvus Metallum » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:51 am

Corvus Metallum wrote:Alright, cool.

Hmm. I didn't think of human-elf hybrids. I guess they follow the base human rule. Although, if your character has the elvish phenotype for ears they may be persecuted by the humans.

I would say 200 years for a full blood elf, so anywhere between 100 and 150?.

Works for me. I'm going to assume somewhere around 150.

Thankfully, my character has long hair and a hood to cover those ears up with. :P

Corvus Metallum
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Corvus Metallum » Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:38 pm

Seeker Application

Name: Carina Nordskov

Appearence: Standing at 5'11" with snow white hair and eyes of slate, Carina inherited much of her mother's elven grace. Though naturally slender, underneath the layers of wool and leather lie an athletic and toned body with broad shoulders. Her hair is much longer than pictured, falling three quarters of the way down her back if left free; normally, it is kept in two large braids. Her ears are pointed, though not nearly as much as her mothers.

Personality: Though trained in proper manners and speech, as all young girls are, Carina prefers to say hardly anything at all if she can help it--a trait developed over many years, over many seperate adventures. Despite her quiet demeanor, however, when she does speak it is apparent that she's sharp-witted and quick-thinking. Empathetic to those she knows well, there is a somewhat callous detatchment from strangers that is harbored within her heart.

Role/Specialty: Ranger

Species: Half-snow elf, half-human

Strengths:
  • Has decades of experience as a hunter, mercenary, and guide.
  • Tight-lipped nature means she can keep a secret.
  • Highly analytical of a situation.
  • Performs well in high-stress situations.

Weaknesses:
  • Accustomed to long periods of solitude, which can lead to tense social interactions.
  • Hard to know.
  • Often disagrees with authority figures, especially when given assignments she feels would be better completed by someone else.
  • Rarely minces her words.

Weapon(s) Of Choice: Though she has a standard array of hunting equipment (knife, hatchet, etc.), Carina's favored weapon is her bow. Made in the tradition of northern elves, it is a flatbow made of a laminate of several different woods--it was designed to remain deadly, even in the frigid cold of Ioslen's northern peninsula that would snap traditional long bows like twigs. The bow is roughly 67 inches from end-to-end. Though designed to take out game such as elk and boars, it has no issues punching through light leather armor and chainmail.

Bio: Carina was born into the unusual union between man and snow elf. Her mother, however, died unfortunately in child birth. As such, Carina was left in the care of her father and his house. Growing up, she had a keen interest in archery and hunting--when she was 21 years of age, she left her father's care to live as she pleased. Over the next decade, she lived in the woods as a huntswoman, honing skills that most in cities had no knowledge in--archery, trapping, and butchering, among others. It wasn't until around the age of thirty that a mercenary company recruited her; in all actuality, she had ended up in jail for poaching, and when the company busted one of their members out she tagged along. After about a year they considered her one of their own and stopped shafting her when it came time to divy up pay; they came to appreciate having a dedicated huntress in their mix, if only because she was the only one in the band that could hit the broad side of a barn with an arrow. However, twenty years of mercenary work is far too long a time to cover in such a short biography--needless to say, she pulled her fair share and earned whatever portion of the haul she was owed. When it came time to elect a new captain--years down the line, when the preceding one was killed in battle--there was a bitter divide between members over who was to take over; not wanting any part of it, she left and spent the next several years afterwards guiding travelers and caravans through the northern wilderness. Just recently, however, the Wardens got a hold of her: they wanted her to be a Seeker, of all things...

2 RP examples: Uno. Dos.

Not entirely happy with how the bio turned out, but I was in a bit of a rush to get it done before work today. :meh:

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:52 pm

Corvus Metallum wrote:
Seeker Application
(Image)

Name: Carina Nordskov

Appearence: Standing at 5'11" with snow white hair and eyes of slate, Carina inherited much of her mother's elven grace. Though naturally slender, underneath the layers of wool and leather lie an athletic and toned body with broad shoulders. Her hair is much longer than pictured, falling three quarters of the way down her back if left free; normally, it is kept in two large braids. Her ears are pointed, though not nearly as much as her mothers.

Personality: Though trained in proper manners and speech, as all young girls are, Carina prefers to say hardly anything at all if she can help it--a trait developed over many years, over many seperate adventures. Despite her quiet demeanor, however, when she does speak it is apparent that she's sharp-witted and quick-thinking. Empathetic to those she knows well, there is a somewhat callous detatchment from strangers that is harbored within her heart.

Role/Specialty: Ranger

Species: Half-snow elf, half-human

Strengths:
  • Has decades of experience as a hunter, mercenary, and guide.
  • Tight-lipped nature means she can keep a secret.
  • Highly analytical of a situation.
  • Performs well in high-stress situations.

Weaknesses:
  • Accustomed to long periods of solitude, which can lead to tense social interactions.
  • Hard to know.
  • Often disagrees with authority figures, especially when given assignments she feels would be better completed by someone else.
  • Rarely minces her words.

Weapon(s) Of Choice: Though she has a standard array of hunting equipment (knife, hatchet, etc.), Carina's favored weapon is her bow. Made in the tradition of northern elves, it is a flatbow made of a laminate of several different woods--it was designed to remain deadly, even in the frigid cold of Ioslen's northern peninsula that would snap traditional long bows like twigs. The bow is roughly 67 inches from end-to-end. Though designed to take out game such as elk and boars, it has no issues punching through light leather armor and chainmail.

Bio: Carina was born into the unusual union between man and snow elf. Her mother, however, died unfortunately in child birth. As such, Carina was left in the care of her father and his house. Growing up, she had a keen interest in archery and hunting--when she was 21 years of age, she left her father's care to live as she pleased. Over the next decade, she lived in the woods as a huntswoman, honing skills that most in cities had no knowledge in--archery, trapping, and butchering, among others. It wasn't until around the age of thirty that a mercenary company recruited her; in all actuality, she had ended up in jail for poaching, and when the company busted one of their members out she tagged along. After about a year they considered her one of their own and stopped shafting her when it came time to divy up pay; they came to appreciate having a dedicated huntress in their mix, if only because she was the only one in the band that could hit the broad side of a barn with an arrow. However, twenty years of mercenary work is far too long a time to cover in such a short biography--needless to say, she pulled her fair share and earned whatever portion of the haul she was owed. When it came time to elect a new captain--years down the line, when the preceding one was killed in battle--there was a bitter divide between members over who was to take over; not wanting any part of it, she left and spent the next several years afterwards guiding travelers and caravans through the northern wilderness. Just recently, however, the Wardens got a hold of her: they wanted her to be a Seeker, of all things...

2 RP examples: Uno. Dos.

Not entirely happy with how the bio turned out, but I was in a bit of a rush to get it done before work today. :meh:

I like it, Accepted, ill update my IC post to account for four people, and feel free to post

The Land of Golden Blobfish
Ambassador

Founded: May 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Land of Golden Blobfish » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:55 am

Interesting idea, tagged.

Will have an app up later today
BOSS NASS : Yousa cannot bees hair. Dis army of mackineeks up dare tis new
weesong!
QUI-GON : That droid army is about to attack the Naboo. We must warn them.
BOSS NASS : Wesa no like da Naboo! Un dey no like uss-ens. Da Naboo tink
day so smarty den us-ens. Day tink day brains so big.
OBI-WAN : After those droids take control of the surface, they will come
here and take control of you.
BOSS NASS : No, mesa no tink so. Mesa scant talkie witda Naboo, and no
nutten talkie it outlaunders. Dos mackineeks no comen here! Dey not know of
uss-en.
OBI-WAN : You and the Naboo form a symbiont circle. What happens to noe of
you will affect the other. You must understand this.
BOSS NASS : Wesa wish no nutten in yousa tings, outlaunder, and wesa no
care-n about da Naboo.

Akkaga
Senator

Founded: Jun 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Akkaga » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:04 am

Tag

Also, hey Corvus!
You should join Ordis

Ayvalon
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 23, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Ayvalon » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:35 pm

I'm a man of simple tastes, I see a fantasy setting, I apply for said fantasy setting, the character I have in mind is admittedly eccentric, with a certain degree of reason as will be detailed below:

Seeker Application

Name: Mordecai (AKA "Mordy" though he loathes this title, AKA "The Digger") Fernus

Appearence: Varies dramatically, constants are pale skin, balding grey hair ("Friar tuck" haircut/hairline), green eyes, weight and physique changes depending on magic use

Personality: Deeply passionate of his 'work', views the world with a realist (leaning ever so slightly towards cynical) mindset, views his peers as 'his children' regardless of age

Role/Specialty: Mage: specialty, Necromancy

Species: Human; Eshrabi (Described below this application)

Strengths:
Necromancy;Blood magic and other occult rituals are his calling card.
Incredibly lethal in close quarters with a dagger
Notable talent in first-aid and surgery to some degree (as much as a medieval surgeon can be)

Weaknesses:
Corruption (which will also be elaborated upon below)
his field of arcane study is exhausting and involves self-inflicted harm in some cases.
While trained in self-defense, prolonged melee combat is not his forte

Weapon(s) Of Choice:
Blood magic rituals
Necromancy
barring this, his ritual Kris dagger

Bio: Whilst not native to the domains he now calls home, Mordecai has taken to plying his trades with all the care he would have amidst the necropolis he once called 'home'. Having been chosen by the "Millennial emperor", a lich beyond comparison to be a caretaker, an "Eshrabi" for the remains of his living subjects. Eshrabi held both a highly respected yet somewhat socially outcast duty in society. It was their task to prepare the dead to be risen from beyond the grave for service to their immortal lord yet also treat the wounds of the living that they may continue their works before their return to the great beyond.

Mordecai's work in blood magic had long since been discarded in service to his new home's needs. Tending to the dead, ensuring that they may find rest in the great beyond should they so desire. His most prolific services to his new lords and masters were his modest understanding of Necromancy, the art of raising the dead. Whilst Necromancy is often shunned and met with violence by most societies, those of Annu'l Arrakh (Mordecai's homelands) viewed the practice as merely another tool. Those whom accepted (whom wore the Millennial King's Icon, a Pyramid with a star at it's center) would be risen from the dead to tend the fields of weeds and harvest the crops, gather stones and other precious metals and stones from deep below the earth and other menial work, simple tasks for a being who knows no exhaustion or suffering from monotonous labors.

Yet even those whom desired rest within the great beyond could still serve purpose. It was Mordecai's task above all to serve as a humble mediator. In cases of murder or suspected foul-play, he could ask for the return of a soul (at great expense to his own health) that they may speak one last time in the land of the living. In these 5-10 minutes, where the Eshrabi could bind a soul to his own, he could find the cause of one's death. It was the unique skills this necromancer plied time and time again that earned the attention of the Wardens that he may better serve the whole than a select few.

2 RP examples:I do not have any examples on this forum, if you so desire, I can provide 2 samples however.

Regarding Corruption: Eshrabi tamper in affairs that, even if wholesome and just in nature, are not meant for mortals. The more elaborate the ritual or magic cast, the more taxing it is on the Eshrabi. Some may balk at the elaborate feasts or extravagant sums of food they may consume, yet it is only to recover from the physically demanding toll on their bodies. This stems from the caretaker literally forcing their will on 'The great beyond', whether this may be actual deities or forces of nature that resist interaction. Continued 'corruption' can even cause them to (over years of service) struggle to see the difference between the physical world and the world of death they so often interact with. It is typical after years of service for the Millennial king himself to raise from his great throne and inter Eshrabi themselves, that they may finally find peace within the afterlife they so often reside.

Regarding Eshrabi:

Race: Human

Agespan: The most powerful and focused Eshrabi often see 50 years of age before they are interred.

Quick Summary: Eshrabi are the caretakers of the Millennial king, laying to rest his living servants that they may either find eternal peace or be risen again (without their souls) in service to their great lord in the afterlife. Whilst viewed as pariahs within their society, they are often given a deep respect for the duties they maintain. Most Eshrabi begin studies at 14 to 15 years of age, yet it is not unheard of for some to begin as old as 20 years. Whilst most other societies view necromancy as foul; profane magics, all servants of the Millennial king serve quite willingly, as his 900 year reign has seen a golden age of prosperity. The dead (many who's souls have returned to the great beyond leaving their empty bodies) tend the most menial labor while the citizens live free lives to their fullest to commit to anything from lives as philosophers and poets to artisan crafts and more. Eshrabi (As well as Decudai, Venkurr, Falkine and similar castes studying necromancy) all keep it's undead labor force (and undead soldiers) fit, tend to the sick, educate the masses and train new prodigies respectively.
Last edited by Ayvalon on Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:56 pm

Ayvalon wrote:I'm a man of simple tastes, I see a fantasy setting, I apply for said fantasy setting, the character I have in mind is admittedly eccentric, with a certain degree of reason as will be detailed below:

Seeker Application
(Image)

Name: Mordecai (AKA "Mordy" though he loathes this title, AKA "The Digger") Fernus

Appearence: Varies dramatically, constants are pale skin, balding grey hair ("Friar tuck" haircut/hairline), green eyes, weight and physique changes depending on magic use

Personality: Deeply passionate of his 'work', views the world with a realist (leaning ever so slightly towards cynical) mindset, views his peers as 'his children' regardless of age

Role/Specialty: Mage: specialty, Necromancy

Species: Human; Eshrabi (Described below this application)

Strengths:
Necromancy;Blood magic and other occult rituals are his calling card.
Incredibly lethal in close quarters with a dagger
Notable talent in first-aid and surgery to some degree (as much as a medieval surgeon can be)

Weaknesses:
Corruption (which will also be elaborated upon below)
his field of arcane study is exhausting and involves self-inflicted harm in some cases.
While trained in self-defense, prolonged melee combat is not his forte

Weapon(s) Of Choice:
Blood magic rituals
Necromancy
barring this, his ritual Kris dagger

Bio: Whilst not native to the domains he now calls home, Mordecai has taken to plying his trades with all the care he would have amidst the necropolis he once called 'home'. Having been chosen by the "Millennial emperor", a lich beyond comparison to be a caretaker, an "Eshrabi" for the remains of his living subjects. Eshrabi held both a highly respected yet somewhat socially outcast duty in society. It was their task to prepare the dead to be risen from beyond the grave for service to their immortal lord yet also treat the wounds of the living that they may continue their works before their return to the great beyond.

Mordecai's work in blood magic had long since been discarded in service to his new home's needs. Tending to the dead, ensuring that they may find rest in the great beyond should they so desire. His most prolific services to his new lords and masters were his modest understanding of Necromancy, the art of raising the dead. Whilst Necromancy is often shunned and met with violence by most societies, those of Annu'l Arrakh (Mordecai's homelands) viewed the practice as merely another tool. Those whom accepted (whom wore the Millennial King's Icon, a Pyramid with a star at it's center) would be risen from the dead to tend the fields of weeds and harvest the crops, gather stones and other precious metals and stones from deep below the earth and other menial work, simple tasks for a being who knows no exhaustion or suffering from monotonous labors.

Yet even those whom desired rest within the great beyond could still serve purpose. It was Mordecai's task above all to serve as a humble mediator. In cases of murder or suspected foul-play, he could ask for the return of a soul (at great expense to his own health) that they may speak one last time in the land of the living. In these 5-10 minutes, where the Eshrabi could bind a soul to his own, he could find the cause of one's death. It was the unique skills this necromancer plied time and time again that earned the attention of the Wardens that he may better serve the whole than a select few.

2 RP examples:I do not have any examples on this forum, if you so desire, I can provide 2 samples however.

Regarding Corruption: Eshrabi tamper in affairs that, even if wholesome and just in nature, are not meant for mortals. The more elaborate the ritual or magic cast, the more taxing it is on the Eshrabi. Some may balk at the elaborate feasts or extravagant sums of food they may consume, yet it is only to recover from the physically demanding toll on their bodies. This stems from the caretaker literally forcing their will on 'The great beyond', whether this may be actual deities or forces of nature that resist interaction. Continued 'corruption' can even cause them to (over years of service) struggle to see the difference between the physical world and the world of death they so often interact with. It is typical after years of service for the Millennial king himself to raise from his great throne and inter Eshrabi themselves, that they may finally find peace within the afterlife they so often reside.

Regarding Eshrabi:

Race: Human

Agespan: The most powerful and focused Eshrabi often see 50 years of age before they are interred.

Quick Summary: Eshrabi are the caretakers of the Millennial king, laying to rest his living servants that they may either find eternal peace or be risen again (without their souls) in service to their great lord in the afterlife. Whilst viewed as pariahs within their society, they are often given a deep respect for the duties they maintain. Most Eshrabi begin studies at 14 to 15 years of age, yet it is not unheard of for some to begin as old as 20 years. Whilst most other societies view necromancy as foul; profane magics, all servants of the Millennial king serve quite willingly, as his 900 year reign has seen a golden age of prosperity. The dead (many who's souls have returned to the great beyond leaving their empty bodies) tend the most menial labor while the citizens live free lives to their fullest to commit to anything from lives as philosophers and poets to artisan crafts and more. Eshrabi (As well as Decudai, Venkurr, Falkine and similar castes studying necromancy) all keep it's undead labor force (and undead soldiers) fit, tend to the sick, educate the masses and train new prodigies respectively.

I'm sorry, but this is just a little too far out there for this RP. Necromancy is a magic that is shunned by even the Wardens.

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:09 pm

I have updated the status of this RP to Closed/Waitlist. If you have a tag in here, you are still green-lighted, this only applies to people who have not posted yet.

Bemothious
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 24, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Bemothious » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:11 pm

The Cyberiad Council wrote:I have updated the status of this RP to Closed/Waitlist. If you have a tag in here, you are still green-lighted, this only applies to people who have not posted yet.

Cool.

Akkaga
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Akkaga » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:34 pm

Seeker Application

Name: Alexandria Gunther

Appearence:

Personality: Alexandria is quite the outgoing person. She is generally seen as nice, friendly, and even caring in many cases. She uses her good personality to help set an example and acts as a natural leader to others in her company. This doesn't mean she can't have her mischievous streak as she messes with those she considers friends. Normally these little pranks are harmless, but every once in awhile they go a bit farther than she wishes.

Role/Specialty: Cavalry and Lance combat

Species: Human

Strengths: Is a natural at riding most animals, is charismatic enough to win over many people, years of training and actual combat has made her proficient with a lance (on and off the horse).

Weaknesses: A bit of a klutz, terrible at most forms of long range combat, claustrophobic

Weapon(s) Of Choice: A kopia lance, a szabla saber, and two daggers makes up her normal load-out.

Bio: Alexandria was born to a great general and his wife in the far east of Isolen. Her father had six children, with all of them being daughters. The general wanted a son to carry on his legacy and become the greatest warrior in the realm, but after his wife died in a tragic accident, the general had to raise his daughters to carry on his name. Alexandria showed promise early on as a great rider and so her father taught her all about riding and taking care of her animal. Soon he taught all the daughters to fight, and after that he taught them other duties of a commander. State-craft, although boring, helped Alexandria move up in life many times. Around her 18th year, the realm found itself at war once again. Alex and her sisters joined their fathers army and marched to meet the enemy. At first their wins seemed guaranteed, with little to no resistance and crushing victory after victory. As the army reached the enemies cities Alexandria noticed they had been lured into a trap.

The battle had raged for days on end, with intense fighting anywhere you looked. Although outnumbered and outmatched, the generals army fought until they could no longer stand. As a last ditch effort to save as many as he could, the general recklessly attacked a weak point in the enemies lines and allowed for a small portion of his crippled army to escape. Alex, who had been hit with an arrow and knocked unconscious from the fall from her horse was carried out by one of the retreating soldiers. Alex and what was left of their force fled from the enemy and were driven far from their homeland. For many years she did not know the fate of any of her sisters or father, until eventually she snuck back into her now conquered kingdom. Her father was made an example of; and her sisters had either died as traitors to the new emperor or fled the realm. Alexandria set out to find any surviving siblings she may have left.

She was recruited almost nine years later to join the wardens. She had just finished a job where she had been escorting a convoy through hostile territory. She was able to negotiate safe passage for most of the way, and when things went sour near the end, she was able to get most of the civilians out alive. She drove multiple bandits away, while ensuring that the convoy took the correct paths and didn't end up trapped. After her job was completed she slunk away to drown her pain in a local tavern. On her way there, two cloaked figures appeared in front of her and offered her a job with the seekers. Alexandria joined, hoping to be a great hero, like her father had always wanted.

2 RP examples: Legends of Rai Sylvan Academy S2, C1

How does it look? I'm a pretty tired, so if there is any problems I would love to fix them in the morning.
You should join Ordis

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:32 pm

Akkaga wrote:
Seeker Application
(Image)

Name: Alexandria Gunther

Appearence: [spoiler(Image)

Personality: Alexandria is quite the outgoing person. She is generally seen as nice, friendly, and even caring in many cases. She uses her good personality to help set an example and acts as a natural leader to others in her company. This doesn't mean she can't have her mischievous streak as she messes with those she considers friends. Normally these little pranks are harmless, but every once in awhile they go a bit farther than she wishes.

Role/Specialty: Cavalry and Lance combat

Species: Human

Strengths: Is a natural at riding most animals, is charismatic enough to win over many people, years of training and actual combat has made her proficient with a lance (on and off the horse).

Weaknesses: A bit of a klutz, terrible at most forms of long range combat, claustrophobic

Weapon(s) Of Choice: A kopia lance, a szabla saber, and two daggers makes up her normal load-out.

Bio: Alexandria was born to a great general and his wife in the far east of Isolen. Her father had six children, with all of them being daughters. The general wanted a son to carry on his legacy and become the greatest warrior in the realm, but after his wife died in a tragic accident, the general had to raise his daughters to carry on his name. Alexandria showed promise early on as a great rider and so her father taught her all about riding and taking care of her animal. Soon he taught all the daughters to fight, and after that he taught them other duties of a commander. State-craft, although boring, helped Alexandria move up in life many times. Around her 18th year, the realm found itself at war once again. Alex and her sisters joined their fathers army and marched to meet the enemy. At first their wins seemed guaranteed, with little to no resistance and crushing victory after victory. As the army reached the enemies cities Alexandria noticed they had been lured into a trap.

The battle had raged for days on end, with intense fighting anywhere you looked. Although outnumbered and outmatched, the generals army fought until they could no longer stand. As a last ditch effort to save as many as he could, the general recklessly attacked a weak point in the enemies lines and allowed for a small portion of his crippled army to escape. Alex, who had been hit with an arrow and knocked unconscious from the fall from her horse was carried out by one of the retreating soldiers. Alex and what was left of their force fled from the enemy and were driven far from their homeland. For many years she did not know the fate of any of her sisters or father, until eventually she snuck back into her now conquered kingdom. Her father was made an example of; and her sisters had either died as traitors to the new emperor or fled the realm. Alexandria set out to find any surviving siblings she may have left.

She was recruited almost nine years later to join the wardens. She had just finished a job where she had been escorting a convoy through hostile territory. She was able to negotiate safe passage for most of the way, and when things went sour near the end, she was able to get most of the civilians out alive. She drove multiple bandits away, while ensuring that the convoy took the correct paths and didn't end up trapped. After her job was completed she slunk away to drown her pain in a local tavern. On her way there, two cloaked figures appeared in front of her and offered her a job with the seekers. Alexandria joined, hoping to be a great hero, like her father had always wanted.

2 RP examples: Legends of Rai Sylvan Academy S2, C1

How does it look? I'm a pretty tired, so if there is any problems I would love to fix them in the morning.

I like it, and spot on with the Cloaked figures!

Accepted.

Feel free to arrive whenever you want, just have Alexandria give Bartimaeus a letter from the wardens explaining that there was some sort of mixup with the carriage.

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:57 pm

Before I forget to mention it to everyone, the waykeys get one use before they have to be "recharged" for a day. There is a depository of a few near the Dwarven gate.

Akkaga
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Akkaga » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:16 pm

Discord makes this so much easier. :)
You should join Ordis

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:35 pm

Akkaga wrote:Discord makes this so much easier. :)

It really does

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:47 pm

Ill have a post up tomorrow when we start the mission unless I hear anything to the contrary

Agenore
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 28, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Agenore » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:22 pm

[floatleft][box]
Seeker Application

Name: Silas Cornelious Caldori

Age: somewhere around 1500, he's lost count at this point

Appearence:
Long dark hair, down a little past his shoulders. His body, standing at five foot ten, while athletically muscular, is covered in various scars. On the back of his right hand is a strange mark, angular and sharp in shape (will include photo once I figure out how). On the back of his left hand is another mark similar to the first triangular in shape with two outlying crescents. The one on his right hand always glows a faint yellow, while the one on his left always glows a faint blue. His eyes are a peculiar shade of amber, that seem to change with his mood from amber, to brown, to gold, to bronze. A long and jagged scar runs from just above his right eyebrow down to the right corner of his mouth. He usually wears a long, black, victorian style, wool trench coat, black trousers, sturdy knee length leather boots, with a black shirt and vest. On occasion he wears a scarf. He also wears a black wide brim hat.

Personality: mostly a quiet and reserved person, he tends to at times be a bit too formal as well as too aggressive. However he prefers to observe and listen rather than talk.

Role/Specialty: most comparable to a ranger

Species: Cursed immortal human, turned elemental (sort of)
Strengths: long ranged combat i.e. bows/rifles, florentine fighting, elemental based magics

Weaknesses: unlike most elemental beings, since he was artificially turned into one he does not have the invulnerability of the element that he has control over.

Weapon(s) Of Choice: bow and arrow, twin gently curved khopesh (both blessed by his masters to be resilient and very hard to damage), various knives and daggers

Bio:
Silas was born in the time of the ancients, to the most influential family of the civilization of that time. His people were called the Syndithica. The Syndithica were a war fairing people, who attempted to conquer any new nation they came across. Once Silas was old enough, he began leading these... we'll call them crusades. One of these crusades was led against a small nation ruled by a pair of young gods, the twins of storms. During the crusade, Silas confronted these so called "gods" and challenged them to battle. However they would not fight him without wager. So it was decided that if they lost the small nation would be his, but if they won, he would serve them for a thousand years. Long story short, he lost. And pretty badly. In fact those two were the ones who put most of the scars he has on his body. Anyway, in order to serve them, they cursed him with immortality and gave him powers based on their elements and properties. With his left hand he had the ability to control the wind and air. And with his right, he could control lightning and static electricity. This was represented by a yellow mark on his right hand, and a blue mark on his left. After his penance was up they left him, and presumably our plane of existence, to wallow in his immortality without a purpose. So he wandered the world, looking for that purpose. Although, his war fairing ways didn't exactly leave him. This caused him to get in trouble very often and eventually landed him with a life sentence in prison. A life sentence which lasted a good 100 years. However no one knew exactly what to do with him so they just kinda left him there. Which, I guess, was smart on their part? But was also a real dick move. Anyway, one day he got a visitor who told him that the wardens wanted his help. He said "Sure why not, I've got nothing better to do" because plot.
Last edited by Agenore on Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:30 pm

Agenore wrote:[floatleft][box]
Seeker Application
(Image)

Age: somewhere around 2500, he's lost count at this point

Appearence: Long dark hair, down a little past his shoulders. His body, standing at five foot ten, while athletically muscular, is covered in various scars. On the back of his right hand is a strange mark, angular and sharp in shape (will include photo once I figure out how). On the back of his left hand is another mark similar to the first triangular in shape with two outlying crescents. The one on his right hand always glows a faint yellow, while the one on his left always glows a faint blue. His eyes are a peculiar shade of amber, that seem to change with his mood from amber, to brown, to gold, to bronze. A long and jagged scar runs from just above his right eyebrow down to the right corner of his mouth. He usually wears a long, black, victorian style, wool trench coat, black trousers, sturdy knee length leather boots, with a black shirt and vest. On occasion he wears a scarf. He also wears a black wide brim hat.

Personality: mostly a quiet and reserved person, he tends to at times be a bit too formal as well as too aggressive. However he prefers to observe and listen rather than talk.

Strengths: long ranged combat i.e. bows/rifles, florentine fighting, elemental based magics

Weaknesses: unlike most elemental beings, since he was artificially turned into one he does not have the invulnerability of the element that he has control over.

Weapon(s) Of Choice: bow and arrow, twin gently curved khopesh (both blessed by his masters to be resilient and very hard to damage), various knives and daggers

Bio:Silas was born in the time of the ancients, to the most influential family of the civilization of that time. His people were called the Syndithica. The Syndithica were a war fairing people, who attempted to conquer any new nation they came across. Once Silas was old enough, he began leading these... we'll call them crusades. One of these crusades was led against a small nation ruled by a pair of young gods, the twins of storms. During the crusade, Silas confronted these so called "gods" and challenged them to battle. However they would not fight him without wager. So it was decided that if they lost the small nation would be his, but if they won, he would serve them for a thousand years. Long story short, he lost. And pretty badly. In fact those two were the ones who put most of the scars he has on his body. Anyway, in order to serve them, they cursed him with immortality and gave him powers based on their elements and properties. With his left hand he had the ability to control the wind and air. And with his right, he could control lightning and static electricity. This was represented by a yellow mark on his right hand, and a blue mark on his left. After his penance was up they left him, and presumably our plane of existence, to wallow in his immortality without a purpose. So he wandered the world, looking for that purpose. Although, his war fairing ways didn't exactly leave him. This caused him to get in trouble very often and eventually landed him with a life sentence in prison. A life sentence which lasted a good 100 years. However no one knew exactly what to do with him so they just kinda left him there. Which, I guess, was smart on their part? But was also a real dick move. Anyway, one day he got a visitor who told him that the wardens wanted his help. He said "Sure why not, I've got nothing better to do" because plot.

This takes it a little above what I intended for "Base human", and I would like the application to be a little more serious than "because plot".

I will still put his on the waitlist, however.

Agenore
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 28, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Agenore » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:02 pm

Agenore wrote:[floatleft][box]
Seeker Application
(Image)

Age: somewhere around 2500, he's lost count at this point

Appearence: Long dark hair, down a little past his shoulders. His body, standing at five foot ten, while athletically muscular, is covered in various scars. On the back of his right hand is a strange mark, angular and sharp in shape (will include photo once I figure out how). On the back of his left hand is another mark similar to the first triangular in shape with two outlying crescents. The one on his right hand always glows a faint yellow, while the one on his left always glows a faint blue. His eyes are a peculiar shade of amber, that seem to change with his mood from amber, to brown, to gold, to bronze. A long and jagged scar runs from just above his right eyebrow down to the right corner of his mouth. He usually wears a long, black, victorian style, wool trench coat, black trousers, sturdy knee length leather boots, with a black shirt and vest. On occasion he wears a scarf. He also wears a black wide brim hat.

Bio:Silas was born in the time of the ancients, to the most influential family of the civilization of that time. His people were called the Syndithica. The Syndithica were a war fairing people, who attempted to conquer any new nation they came across. Once Silas was old enough, he began leading these... we'll call them crusades. One of these crusades was led against a small nation ruled by a pair of young gods, the twins of storms. During the crusade, Silas confronted these so called "gods" and challenged them to battle. However they would not fight him without wager. So it was decided that if they lost the small nation would be his, but if they won, he would serve them for a thousand years. Long story short, he lost. And pretty badly. In fact those two were the ones who put most of the scars he has on his body. Anyway, in order to serve them, they cursed him with immortality and gave him powers based on their elements and properties. With his left hand he had the ability to control the wind and air. And with his right, he could control lightning and static electricity. This was represented by a yellow mark on his right hand, and a blue mark on his left. After his penance was up they left him, and presumably our plane of existence, to wallow in his immortality without a purpose. So he wandered the world, looking for that purpose. Although, his war fairing ways didn't exactly leave him. This caused him to get in trouble very often and eventually landed him with a life sentence in prison. A life sentence which lasted a good 100 years. However no one knew exactly what to do with him so they just kinda left him there. Which, I guess, was smart on their part? But was also a real dick move. Anyway, one day he got a visitor who told him that the wardens wanted his help. He said "Sure why not, I've got nothing better to do" because plot.

This takes it a little above what I intended for "Base human", and I would like the application to be a little more serious than "because plot".

I will still put his on the waitlist, however.

the because plot thing, along with most of the other parts that seem too non serious are mainly because I was trying to be satirically humorous with the bio

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse