NATION

PASSWORD

New Civilizations [OOC | Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:56 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:
Skarten wrote:Okayyy i was gone for some time,i'll try to make a post soon

Excellent, glad to hear it.

Ralnis wrote:It's not a bad idea but he made it too large. I would like to start from the ground up, using Imperial ideas and my own version of Voodoo that is Monotheistic but with folk spirituality by taking pieces of Imperial Christianity.

If the Imperium would see this country, then they will probably notice that their teachings were bastardized and were used as a cultural and religious defense against outward incursion.

Ah, you're going to turn Christianity into voodoo? That should be an interesting combo.

Double heresy, of course. But still interesting.

Well Voodoo is the syncretic religion of African spiritualism and Catholicism. This combo will be no different but it would have an ease of transition into having a monotheistic god with the Loa as angels and demons. In this world, such a thing should be effective other than force conversion.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Skarten
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:59 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:
Skarten wrote:If you're with steam, you can try to check the workshop for mods...
Or,if you're good with that,just downloaded them from the internet.Because the majority of mods are there.
And,from the ones in the Workshop,my favorite is Gekokujo. Gotta love playing as Ronin and Taking over Japan.

Neat, but I think I'll play vanilla first. Games are best if they start initially as vanilla, and you treat mods as exspansions.

Well,just saying,choose your faction wisely.
Swadia usually dies unless you intervene,and they have a dumber ruler,other than being borded by all the other countries.
Khergits and Sarranids are not a good option for begginers.Their Bandits are Though.
If i was you,i'd choose the Rhodoks first,because they have badass Heavy Spearman infantry and Crossbows.Always recruit swadian knights tho.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:04 pm

Skarten wrote:
Holy Tedalonia wrote:Neat, but I think I'll play vanilla first. Games are best if they start initially as vanilla, and you treat mods as exspansions.

Well,just saying,choose your faction wisely.
Swadia usually dies unless you intervene,and they have a dumber ruler,other than being borded by all the other countries.
Khergits and Sarranids are not a good option for begginers.Their Bandits are Though.
If i was you,i'd choose the Rhodoks first,because they have badass Heavy Spearman infantry and Crossbows.Always recruit swadian knights tho.
ah, ok. My first character was doing amazing in Khergit though until I joined their war against the Nords, then a nordish army squished me. Then my second game I got sqaushed by Sea raiders. Now, I'm trying to decide where to start next, so thanks again.
Name: Ted
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.
I M P E R I A LR E P U B L I C

Skarten
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:25 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:
Skarten wrote:Well,just saying,choose your faction wisely.
ah, ok. My first character was doing amazing in Khergit though until I joined their war against the Nords, then a nordish army squished me. Then my second game I got sqaushed by Sea raiders. Now, I'm trying to decide where to start next, so thanks again.

Going as Khergits in Vannilla is Bad,because,you see,because the AI isn't that good for Horse archers,they tend to just charge into the enemy. The Lancers aren't even that good.
You'd need a mod to make them usefull.Also,Nords have the best heavy Infantry.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:30 pm

Skarten wrote:
Holy Tedalonia wrote:ah, ok. My first character was doing amazing in Khergit though until I joined their war against the Nords, then a nordish army squished me. Then my second game I got sqaushed by Sea raiders. Now, I'm trying to decide where to start next, so thanks again.

Going as Khergits in Vannilla is Bad,because,you see,because the AI isn't that good for Horse archers,they tend to just charge into the enemy. The Lancers aren't even that good.

Ah, must've been crappy units versus crappy units for khergits, but yeah nords are amazing, but Nordic recruits versus sea raiders is pretty much a loss.
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:31 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:
Skarten wrote:Going as Khergits in Vannilla is Bad,because,you see,because the AI isn't that good for Horse archers,they tend to just charge into the enemy. The Lancers aren't even that good.

Ah, must've been crappy units versus crappy units for khergits, but yeah nords are amazing, but Nordic recruits versus sea raiders is pretty much a loss.

This is why I stick to Swadia, have a nice balance in my opinion.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:35 pm

Ralnis wrote:
Holy Tedalonia wrote:Ah, must've been crappy units versus crappy units for khergits, but yeah nords are amazing, but Nordic recruits versus sea raiders is pretty much a loss.

This is why I stick to Swadia, have a nice balance in my opinion.

Literally I was in the middle of the first warband quest where you rescue the merchants brother, and just as I cross the bridge to return him home sea raiders who are faster than me map wise attacked and imprisoned me.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:37 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:
Ralnis wrote:This is why I stick to Swadia, have a nice balance in my opinion.

Literally I was in the middle of the first warband quest where you rescue the merchants brother, and just as I cross the bridge to return him home sea raiders who are faster than me map wise attacked and imprisoned me.

That sucks, I had that happened to me more than a few time.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:38 pm

Ralnis wrote:
Holy Tedalonia wrote:Literally I was in the middle of the first warband quest where you rescue the merchants brother, and just as I cross the bridge to return him home sea raiders who are faster than me map wise attacked and imprisoned me.

That sucks, I had that happened to me more than a few time.

I wonder what making a kingdom will be like though. I mean I bet there's more blob battles involved.
Last edited by Holy Tedalonia on Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:40 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:
Ralnis wrote:That sucks, I had that happened to me more than a few time.

I wonder what making a kingdom will be like though. I mean I bet there's more blob battles involved.

A lot of blob battles, especially with defenses and the invader has only one ladder to climb up.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:41 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:

Just so many blob battles. You have to be ready to cut your way through waves of enemies for months before you really get the kingdom stable.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:43 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:I wonder what making a kingdom will be like though. I mean I bet there's more blob battles involved.

Just so many blob battles. You have to be ready to cut your way through waves of enemies for months before you really get the kingdom stable.

That's the price of going inde, especially with little to no Right to Rule.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:43 pm

Ralnis wrote:

Always good fun :P
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Skarten
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:48 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:

Actually,it's easier than you think if you were a lord before and aren't in war with everyone in the damned map.
After some time,you start to get money from your fiefs.
The most annoying part is recruting.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:49 pm

Ralnis wrote:That's the price of going inde, especially with little to no Right to Rule.

With one castle and village, always getting raided by the enemy? Yep good times indeed. :)

Either way, if I were to make my Voodoo nation, what would be a good place to set up and build?

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:50 pm

Ralnis wrote:

With one castle and village, always getting raided by the enemy? Yep good times indeed. :)

Either way, if I were to make my Voodoo nation, what would be a good place to set up and build?

Russia, then you can unlock over dramatic Russian music

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:51 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:
Ralnis wrote:With one castle and village, always getting raided by the enemy? Yep good times indeed. :)

Russia, then you can unlock over dramatic Russian music

Voodoo Russia? I wonder how I would pull that off. Maybe Voodoo Cossacks?

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

Ralnis wrote:

Honestly, I never found it too bad. But then again, I did have the two Rhodok cities to start with, staffed by a few hundred decent soldiers and hundreds of recruits when I rebelled. Easily able to crush campaign forces in a siege, and make money when I could avoid war.

Skarten
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

Ralnis wrote:

One time, i made a nation with barely any right to rule-I didn't even go through becoming a Lord. I just racked up a bunch of troopas,attacked a nord Caravan and Conquered Wercheg.Since it's a peninsula,it's easy to protect it.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:06 pm

So I got my post done. G, will the Imperial Eyes be watching Bob as he goes after a pirate and take over his business? Maybe see that Bob is a threat or a potential asset?

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:13 pm

Ralnis wrote:So I got my post done. G, will the Imperial Eyes be watching Bob as he goes after a pirate and take over his business? Maybe see that Bob is a threat or a potential asset?

Nah. Piracy is a matter for the Navy, not the Eyes. Unless Bob begins to amass a considerable fleet, then they might start noticing.

A minor note, though; steamships are rank prototypes right now, primarily because they aren't necessary for propelling unarmored vessels in the relatively calm waters of the Mediterranean where most Imperial vessels operate. Up in Germany nobody will have even consider the concept- sailing ships are either carracks, knaars, proto-caravels, or heavy galley-barges.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:15 pm

Ralnis wrote:So I got my post done. G, will the Imperial Eyes be watching Bob as he goes after a pirate and take over his business? Maybe see that Bob is a threat or a potential asset?

Nah. Piracy is a matter for the Navy, not the Eyes. Unless Bob begins to amass a considerable fleet, then they might start noticing.

A minor note, though; steamships are rank prototypes right now, primarily because they aren't necessary for propelling unarmored vessels in the relatively calm waters of the Mediterranean where most Imperial vessels operate. Up in Germany nobody will have even consider the concept- sailing ships are either carracks, knaars, proto-caravels, or heavy galley-barges.

Ahh, then I'll say that their are just freighters. Bob would be drawing steampunk ideas such as airships and steamships with the steam engine as he's drawing things on his off time.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:41 am

Hmm. I want to get a post out before Christmas hits in earnest, but I'm a touch stumped for what to post about. I'm considering a rebellion in Brittany, to illustrate the social forces still stressing the ethnic landscape there that are holdovers from Robert's conquests.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:45 am

G-Tech Corporation wrote:Hmm. I want to get a post out before Christmas hits in earnest, but I'm a touch stumped for what to post about. I'm considering a rebellion in Brittany, to illustrate the social forces still stressing the ethnic landscape there that are holdovers from Robert's conquests.

Maybe a tribe joins the Imperium, Maybe a VIP in the Imperium has claim to a territory in Scotland, maybe massive tribal migration, or perhaps a Tribes is willing to do mercenary work in the Imperium.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:20 am

G-Tech Corporation wrote:Hmm. I want to get a post out before Christmas hits in earnest, but I'm a touch stumped for what to post about. I'm considering a rebellion in Brittany, to illustrate the social forces still stressing the ethnic landscape there that are holdovers from Robert's conquests.

I snell opportunity, wpuld they be willing to stake their families lives to go somewhere different and follow anoth3r religion?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse