NATION

PASSWORD

New Civilizations [OOC | Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ulls
Minister

Founded: Jan 02, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Ulls » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:28 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:Hey does this mean G's not THE BADGUY anymore?

They're multiple badguys, but Gs not THE BADGUY as of right now, at least not in North America.

The Holy Dominion of Inesea
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 08, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Holy Dominion of Inesea » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:28 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:
The Holy Dominion of Inesea wrote:Depends on your Point of View. To Europeans, he's still the Big Bad. You're shitty tribal folk locked in civil war.

No I mean OCCly. There's a lot of people who'd refer to his Empire the BADGUY, and plan to invade in the future or something.

If anything, your civil war merely cements his position.

People view the Imperium as a threat because of its unmatched strength and unparalleled size. Ego once had a chance to rival it. Now, your civil war has set you back too far.
I'm really tired

The Olog-Hai
Negotiator

Founded: May 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Olog-Hai » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:28 pm

Ulls wrote:

They're multiple badguys, but Gs not THE BADGUY as of right now, at least not in North America.

Hey, don't generalize for the whole continent! I'm just over in my corner as of right now...
It appears I'm an INTP-T. You're not gonna get much more about me.
Wenglesy wrote:Might as well submit now to the obviously superior forces of Legyon fun Genital.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:30 pm

The Holy Dominion of Inesea wrote:
Holy Tedalonia wrote:No I mean OCCly. There's a lot of people who'd refer to his Empire the BADGUY, and plan to invade in the future or something.

People view the Imperium as a threat because of its unmatched strength and unparalleled size. Ego once had a chance to rival it. Now, your civil war has set you back too far.

I don't know, but Turners going to pull 1st French Republic on the tribal group. Damn Ulls without Ego we can't find name for it.
Name: Ted
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.
I M P E R I A LR E P U B L I C

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:33 pm

Ulls wrote:The tribes of Minnesota have been working with the Skulk for years as their communities have been going through Minnesota to watch out for Bison Chasers after the Wisconsin Campaign, so about 5-6 years of trading and connections with tribes over there.

Mafia have came in about a year and some months to scout the frontier when they sent scouts west and found iron. Skulk then came to them in secret and would help with tribes who wish to still be independent but do enjoy the advancements Ego brings.

The Mafia then started to bring advancements and have tribes who work with them as an working extention but now they wish to get them as a vassal state in exchange for iron, technological corporation and of course horses.

The Skulk had also brought a prominent chief by the name of Onto from Dakota that were a better, and closer ally, who would benefit witn horses and irrigation with some hopes that they can be a buffer against the Bison Chasers but they have yet to see if their willing to do that.

Hmm, okay, here's my thinking on weightings for RNG.

+ Free Stuff
+ Onto

- Dying for Overlord (Seeking integration mainly for military)
- Cultural Differences
- Religious Differences
- Inertia
- Making New Enemies (Bison Chasers)
- Autonomous Pushback
- Length of Contact

Soooo unless you have anything else to add, I'm seeing this as being a tough sell, though possible.

Ulls wrote:

Even though Viktor is Bad Guy, that does not mean he has to be BAD GUY.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Ulls
Minister

Founded: Jan 02, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Ulls » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:36 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:No I mean OCCly. There's a lot of people who'd refer to his Empire the BADGUY, and plan to invade in the future or something.

Not really, Ego still has a shot.
The Olog-Hai wrote:
Ulls wrote:They're multiple badguys, but Gs not THE BADGUY as of right now, at least not in North America.

Hey, don't generalize for the whole continent! I'm just over in my corner as of right now...

Not generalizing, just compared to brutality.
G-Tech Corporation wrote:
Ulls wrote:The tribes of Minnesota have been working with the Skulk for years as their communities have been going through Minnesota to watch out for Bison Chasers after the Wisconsin Campaign, so about 5-6 years of trading and connections with tribes over there.

Mafia have came in about a year and some months to scout the frontier when they sent scouts west and found iron. Skulk then came to them in secret and would help with tribes who wish to still be independent but do enjoy the advancements Ego brings.

The Mafia then started to bring advancements and have tribes who work with them as an working extention but now they wish to get them as a vassal state in exchange for iron, technological corporation and of course horses.

The Skulk had also brought a prominent chief by the name of Onto from Dakota that were a better, and closer ally, who would benefit witn horses and irrigation with some hopes that they can be a buffer against the Bison Chasers but they have yet to see if their willing to do that.

+ Free Stuff
+ Onto

- Cultural Differences
- Religious Differences
- Inertia
- Autonomous Pushback
- Length of Contact

Soooo unless you have anything else to add, I'm seeing this as being a tough sell, though possible.

Ulls wrote:They're multiple badguys, but Gs not THE BADGUY as of right now, at least not in North America.

Not, really, they were looking for industrial to supply Ego's war effort, if I have to draw upon them, then I can make payments. I was thinking that years would help and trade with Ego could help.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:37 pm

Revlona wrote:Alright, that was my last post for portugal.

How long until you think that armada is finished G?

Oh, and how is Your new world colonist communicating with the Imperium so fastly?

Hmm, probably a year or two, really. If not longer, depending on the resources allocated to the project. You could build ships like the caravelesque beasts the Imperium is using in a matter of months, but I doubt Brest's drydocks can put down more than a few at a time.

Well, by ship, the New World is actually only a few weeks away from France. Sending ships with supplies and messages is slower than in the modern day, but not ridiculously so.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:38 pm

+ Free Stuff
+ Onto

- Cultural Differences
- Religious Differences
- Inertia
- Autonomous Pushback
- Length of Contact

Speaking about THE BADGUY. When will he, she, or it appear? I mean it can range from a simple mad immortal, a anti-immortal nation that threatens our lives, or aliens... just cause.
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:41 pm

Ulls wrote:Not, really, they were looking for industrial to supply Ego's war effort, if I have to draw upon them, then I can make payments. I was thinking that years would help and trade with Ego could help.

I'm not sure I follow. How are tribal groups going to create industry in the timeframe of the civil war, assuming it doesn't last for a generation?

Five or six years isn't really enough time to establish a serious relationship, country to country. It is certainly better than cold-calling and asking people to integrate, but the bonds of trust and cultural/religious/economic/social/genetic interplay that turn disparate city-states into a nation-state take a lot longer to establish.

Holy Tedalonia wrote:Speaking about THE BADGUY. When will he, she, or it appear? I mean it can range from a simple mad immortal, a anti-immortal nation that threatens our lives, or aliens... just cause.

What makes you think THE BADGUY isn't already in this RP? :P

Postmaster-General

Postby The Holy Dominion of Inesea » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:41 pm

Revlona wrote:Alright, that was my last post for portugal.

How long until you think that armada is finished G?

Oh, and how is Your new world colonist communicating with the Imperium so fastly?

Hmm, probably a year or two, really. If not longer, depending on the resources allocated to the project. You could build ships like the caravelesque beasts the Imperium is using in a matter of months, but I doubt Brest's drydocks can put down more than a few at a time.

Well, by ship, the New World is actually only a few weeks away from France. Sending ships with supplies and messages is slower than in the modern day, but not ridiculously so.

I mean, the time it takes to sail to the New World varies greatly. It could be anywhere as short as forty or so days or nearly twice that. It was all weather dependent.
I'm really tired

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:43 pm

Ulls wrote:Not, really, they were looking for industrial to supply Ego's war effort, if I have to draw upon them, then I can make payments. I was thinking that years would help and trade with Ego could help.

I'm not sure I follow. How are tribal groups going to create industry in the timeframe of the civil war, assuming it doesn't last for a generation?

Five or six years isn't really enough time to establish a serious relationship, country to country. It is certainly better than cold-calling and asking people to integrate, but the bonds of trust and cultural/religious/economic/social/genetic interplay that turn disparate city-states into a nation-state take a lot longer to establish.

Holy Tedalonia wrote:Speaking about THE BADGUY. When will he, she, or it appear? I mean it can range from a simple mad immortal, a anti-immortal nation that threatens our lives, or aliens... just cause.

What makes you think THE BADGUY isn't already in this RP? :P

I meant like the official reveal. Not the foreshadowing.

Auze
Minister

Founded: Oct 31, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Auze » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:44 pm

[removed]
Last edited by Auze on Wed May 29, 2019 6:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hello, I'm an Latter-day Saint kid from South Carolina!
In case you're wondering, it's pronounced ['ɑ.ziː].
My political views are best described as "incoherent"

Anyway, how about a game?
[spoiler=Views I guess]RIP LWDT & RWDT. Y'all did not go gentle into that good night.
In general I am a Centrist

I disown most of my previous posts (with a few exceptions)

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:45 pm

I mean, the time it takes to sail to the New World varies greatly. It could be anywhere as short as forty or so days or nearly twice that. It was all weather dependent.

Oh yes, certainly. But times could be far shorter than forty- we have records of people doing the passage in as little as twenty five, and even the clueless European explorers of 1500-1550 did the trip without any real knowledge of the landforms in thirty. The eastward leg absolutely took longer, two to three weeks longer on average, but a few months is still plenty of time to have information back from the New World.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:46 pm

Auze wrote:Full Name: Autzen Hallock
Appearance: Fairly tall for his age , black hair, blue eyes, white skin with a small tan on arms and lower legs
Height and Weight: 5,4", 110 pounds
Religion: Mormon(LDS)
Skills and Strengths: Good at math and science, intelligent and mature for his age
Weaknesses: a little weak, ADHD, motivational issues
Where in the world are you landing?: Charleston, South Carolina

Welcome! No RP sample?

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:47 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:I meant like the official reveal. Not the foreshadowing.

What makes you think the Authors aren't the antagonists to a world that would have developed naturally of its own accord? ;)

Postmaster-General

Postby The Holy Dominion of Inesea » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:48 pm

The Holy Dominion of Inesea wrote:I mean, the time it takes to sail to the New World varies greatly. It could be anywhere as short as forty or so days or nearly twice that. It was all weather dependent.

Oh yes, certainly. But times could be far shorter than forty- we have records of people doing the passage in as little as twenty five, and even the clueless European explorers of 1500-1550 did the trip without any real knowledge of the landforms in thirty. The eastward leg absolutely took longer, two to three weeks longer on average, but a few months is still plenty of time to have information back from the New World.

The shorter trips to North America often went through the Caribbean however. Despite how it might look, reaching the Caribbean was a much quicker endeavor than reaching say New England.
EDIT: Not saying it wouldn't happen one-way in a post, but just saying that I can guarantee it's gonna be more than 'a few weeks'.
Last edited by The Holy Dominion of Inesea on Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm really tired

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:49 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:I meant like the official reveal. Not the foreshadowing.

What makes you think the Authors aren't the antagonists to a world that would have developed naturally of its own accord? ;)

Because of how I see my world today and think if only someone could guide humanity correctly :p

The Hierophancy
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Hierophancy » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:54 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:

Because of how I see my world today and think if only someone could guide humanity correctly :p

Are you sure you're the one to be guiding it, though? Plenty of other people have thought the same and attempted to forge their people or nation into a better place only to fuck up royally.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:55 pm

The shorter trips to North America often went through the Caribbean however. Despite how it might look, reaching the Caribbean was a much quicker endeavor than reaching say New England.
EDIT: Not saying it wouldn't happen one-way in a post, but just saying that I can guarantee it's gonna be more than 'a few weeks'.

Indeed- I'm just getting the first reports back to the Imperium in six odd months though, which I'm pretty sure is legitimate, even if we assume sixty days there and sixty days back, with a month or so in the middle for collating that first report and the events in Virginia.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:55 pm

The Hierophancy wrote:
Holy Tedalonia wrote:Because of how I see my world today and think if only someone could guide humanity correctly :p

Are you sure you're the one to be guiding it, though? Plenty of other people have thought the same and attempted to forge their people or nation into a better place only to fuck up royally.

Nah, plan to be a humble advisor.

Postmaster-General

Postby The Holy Dominion of Inesea » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:56 pm

The Holy Dominion of Inesea wrote:The shorter trips to North America often went through the Caribbean however. Despite how it might look, reaching the Caribbean was a much quicker endeavor than reaching say New England.

Indeed- I'm just getting the first reports back to the Imperium in six odd months though, which I'm pretty sure is legitimate, even if we assume sixty days there and sixty days back, with a month or so in the middle for collating that first report and the events in Virginia.

I don't take issue with that :p

it was the 'a few weeks' comment
I'm really tired

The Olog-Hai
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Olog-Hai » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:57 pm

The Holy Dominion of Inesea wrote:The shorter trips to North America often went through the Caribbean however. Despite how it might look, reaching the Caribbean was a much quicker endeavor than reaching say New England.

Pssst, G, head further up the coast.
Wenglesy wrote:Might as well submit now to the obviously superior forces of Legyon fun Genital.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:58 pm

I don't take issue with that :p

it was the 'a few weeks' comment

Honestly, a few weeks for me just covers the variability of "going west, with good winds" being as low as twenty odd days, and "going east, with storms" pushing it up to a matter of months.

The Olog-Hai wrote:

Pssst, G, head further up the coast.

Unfortunately my expeditionary force is kinda tied down yakking to Arulean.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:00 pm

The Hierophancy wrote:
Holy Tedalonia wrote:Because of how I see my world today and think if only someone could guide humanity correctly :p

My point exactly. This RP is stuffing a lot of well-meaning people in a sandbox Earth and seeing what mess they create :P

Take Ego, for instance.

The Olog-Hai
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Olog-Hai » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:01 pm

The Hierophancy wrote:Are you sure you're the one to be guiding it, though? Plenty of other people have thought the same and attempted to forge their people or nation into a better place only to fuck up royally.

My point exactly. This RP is stuffing a lot of well-meaning people in a sandbox Earth and seeing what mess they create :P

Take Ego, for instance.

I haven't created a mess.
Yet.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse