NATION

PASSWORD

New Civilizations [OOC | Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:49 pm

The Holy Dominion of Inesea wrote:Hey G what kind of metals does the average imperium merchant have and sell

I rather doubt the average Imperial merchant sells metals; you might be able to melt down some of the trade coins though.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

The Holy Dominion of Inesea
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 08, 2012

Postby The Holy Dominion of Inesea » Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:51 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:
The Holy Dominion of Inesea wrote:Hey G what kind of metals does the average imperium merchant have and sell

I rather doubt the average Imperial merchant sells metals; you might be able to melt down some of the trade coins though.

I don't mean just like ingots or bullion. Tools and weapons as well
I'm really tired

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:57 pm

The Holy Dominion of Inesea wrote:

I don't mean just like ingots or bullion. Tools and weapons as well

Hmm, we’re still not talking about average. But you will probably see rare traders dealing in cast iron or copper axes, shovels, all that good stuff.

Basically anything that might be pervasive enough in the Imperium to have saturated that market and thus be worth the time to haul out to the surrounding nations for sale.
Last edited by G-Tech Corporation on Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:03 pm

Ok, are factories state owned and do they usually keep the plans in said factories?
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Kingdom of Tunisia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 20, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Kingdom of Tunisia » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:04 pm

GT, is there any advice that you wish to give me before i poat something for tomorrow?

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:01 pm

Ralnis wrote:Ok, are factories state owned and do they usually keep the plans in said factories?

Yes and no. Some factories, in critical industries like, say, steel working, cannon foundries, and the like are state owned and operated. Others might be not owned by the state, but run by House Nemtsov, which is a subtle but salient distinction. Still others will be privately owned, though it is worth noting that most "factories" in the Imperium are really just scaled up cottage industries, with low degrees of process specialization and the like. Things like interchangeable parts and the assembly line are only just in their infancy.

As for keeping plans in factories, it again depends. A factories manufacturing, say, cotton overshirts, would certainly have a plan or two around, but most of the teaching and techniques are likely passed on firsthand, not via documents. Other, more sophisticated factories, like one shaping breech-blocks for artillery, wouldn't have plans on site, but you could probably reach a fair approximation of the process through lengthy observation.

Kingdom of Tunisia wrote:GT, is there any advice that you wish to give me before i poat something for tomorrow?

Hmm. Perhaps focus on the village again, on political divisions, working to solidify support, that sort of stuff? You could use more justification for why your Author has any authority, rather than shenaniganning about SE Asia while dissension festers.

The Hierophancy
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Hierophancy » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:07 pm

Ralnis wrote:Ok, are factories state owned and do they usually keep the plans in said factories?

Yes and no. Some factories, in critical industries like, say, steel working, cannon foundries, and the like are state owned and operated. Others might be not owned by the state, but run by House Nemtsov, which is a subtle but salient distinction. Still others will be privately owned, though it is worth noting that most "factories" in the Imperium are really just scaled up cottage industries, with low degrees of process specialization and the like. Things like interchangeable parts and the assembly line are only just in their infancy.

As for keeping plans in factories, it again depends. A factories manufacturing, say, cotton overshirts, would certainly have a plan or two around, but most of the teaching and techniques are likely passed on firsthand, not via documents. Other, more sophisticated factories, like one shaping breech-blocks for artillery, wouldn't have plans on site, but you could probably reach a fair approximation of the process through lengthy observation.

did someone say cotton?

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:10 pm

The Hierophancy wrote:

did someone say cotton?

Nope!

*hides Bulgaria and Anatolia*

The Hierophancy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Hierophancy » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:13 pm

The Hierophancy wrote:did someone say cotton?

Nope!

Have you been exploiting the Indians again? Naughty Europeans...

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:14 pm

The Hierophancy wrote:
Nope!

Have you been exploiting the Indians again? Naughty Europeans...

Indians, Persians, all of those brown bastards.

Work harder, colonials.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:20 pm

Did a lot happened while I was gone?
Name: Ted
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.
I M P E R I A LR E P U B L I C

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:21 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:Did a lot happened while I was gone?

Nah. Only a few posts.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:22 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:Did a lot happened while I was gone?

Nah. Only a few posts.

Anything notable?
Last edited by Holy Tedalonia on Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:23 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:
Nah. Only a few posts.

Anything notable?

I threatened Ulls with the steam-tanks that the Imperium totally possesses.

The Hierophancy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Hierophancy » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:23 pm

What's the Imperium's progress on electrification?

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:27 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:Anything notable?

Did he piss his pants?

Also checking for Scottish realism. Do you have any good links for da Scott's? Their history is quite unique compared to most other Neolithic tribes in the sense that they are not Neolithic at all during this time, since this unique circumstance I figured to look more deeply into it.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:29 pm

The Hierophancy wrote:What's the Imperium's progress on electrification?

Barely any. The capital and some key industrial sites use sporadic electric lighting and power for engines/motors/the like. Even in those cases, we're talking a few prominent buildings or locations, not entire cities- indeed, the major user of electricity in the Imperium is the production of fertilizer. That's mainly because of the bootstrapping problem of producing and refining copper for conductors; in the next few years I hope to make progress on refining aluminum, but that itself will suck down epic amounts of electricity. So again, that's the bootstrapping problem, which will take time to overcome.

Holy Tedalonia wrote:

Did he piss his pants?

Also checking for Scottish realism. Do you have any good links for da Scott's? Their history is quite unique compared to most other Neolithic tribes in the sense that they are not Neolithic at all during this time, since this unique circumstance I figured to look more deeply into it.

He noted that Ego has lots of trees to stop tank warfare.

*shrug* Your Google-fu is likely as good as mine.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:31 pm

The Hierophancy wrote:What's the Imperium's progress on electrification?

Barely any. The capital and some key industrial sites use sporadic electric lighting and power for engines/motors/the like. Even in those cases, we're talking a few prominent buildings or locations, not entire cities- indeed, the major user of electricity in the Imperium is the production of fertilizer. That's mainly because of the bootstrapping problem of producing and refining copper for conductors; in the next few years I hope to make progress on refining aluminum, but that itself will suck down epic amounts of electricity. So again, that's the bootstrapping problem, which will take time to overcome.

Holy Tedalonia wrote:Did he piss his pants?

No-ones as good as you G-sama :p

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:32 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:

No-ones as good as you G-sama :p

But my knowledge of Caledonia is blegh :lol:

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:32 pm

Kingdom of Tunisia wrote:GT, is there any advice that you wish to give me before i poat something for tomorrow?

Hmm. Perhaps focus on the village again, on political divisions, working to solidify support, that sort of stuff? You could use more justification for why your Author has any authority, rather than shenaniganning about SE Asia while dissension festers.

So could civilians become supervisors of state owned factories if they pass some screen process?

Holy Tedalonia wrote:Anything notable?

Somethings telling me you barley got a model T.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:34 pm

Ralnis wrote:

So could civilians become supervisors of state owned factories if they pass some screen process?

Sure, absolutely. I reckon all supervisors are civilians. Though they promote more based on experience and proven skill than screening.

Yeah, don’t have a combustion engine yet, but shhhh Ego doesn’t know that.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:38 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:No-ones as good as you G-sama :p

Do you at least have good historical websites you know of? Assuming of course you research :eyebrow: :lol:

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:46 pm

Ralnis wrote:So could civilians become supervisors of state owned factories if they pass some screen process?

Sure, absolutely. I reckon all supervisors are civilians. Though they promote more based on experience and proven skill than screening.

How big is Ego's economy? I know they are doing some industrial work in a medieval age-like nation but are they big in power?
Last edited by Ralnis on Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:59 pm

Ralnis wrote:

How big is Ego's economy? I know they are doing some industrial work in a medieval age-like nation but are they big in power?

They’re probably the third or fourth largest economy in the world, at a guess.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:02 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:

Do you at least have good historical websites you know of? Assuming of course you research :eyebrow: :lol:

I’m afraid not. I research, but not anywhere specific; journals, academic postings, the like.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse