NATION

PASSWORD

Between 2 Rivers - In Character

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:09 pm

Simon

Foraging through the dark and mystical forest, Simon has managed to collect some colorful mushrooms and herbs. Sadly, They are not at all familiar to him.

+ 1 White Cap
+ 1 Purple Cap
+ 1 Green Herb

These plants are not particularly hard to find, typically grown all in one spot.
Last edited by Harkback Union on Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Knights of Azorea
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 07, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Knights of Azorea » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:13 pm

Ussur

Ussur had always been a heavy sleeper, but the wind and the cold managed to wake him. Indeed, he was mostly awake, though he was reticent to admit it, hoping against hope that the mane of black hair washing over his head would somehow leave and that the irritation of the damp earth beneath him would fade. He sighed as he rose to his feet, nodding to Iola, and stretching out, listening to her and thinking as she spoke. He smoothed out his great beard, and shook his hair from his eyes, before clearing his throat and speaking in a coarse, deep voice.

"Come on then, I know somewhere we can have shelter, from the rain at least. There will be a hill to climb, perhaps too much for you, but I will help if you need it."

He then began to walk towards the rugged hillside, and the structure upon it, remembering the pillars he had seen, along with the dome. It would keep the rain out, and the pillars would keep off the wind. He ate as he walked, first through his fruit and then the last of his fish, filling him enough to begin the long trek up the great hillside to the structure.

Knowledge: Fishing, Foraging (1/2)
Inventory: Box, Net, Coins, Map, Manuscript.
Vitae: 10 (8 Day 2 Morning, 1 fish eaten, 9 Day 2 End, 7 Day 3 Morning, 10 after eating)
Last edited by The Knights of Azorea on Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Biscaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Biscaria » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:28 pm

Iola followed Ussur close behind as he climbed the hill to the structure. Being surprisingly nubile, she only needed a limited amount of Ussur's help to reach the top.

Once at its pinnacle, she sighted the great structure in full detail, bring taken aback by this sign of previous occupation. "It... it is a building!"

She walked over to it with enthusiasm.

"It almost looks like an oracle... don't ask me how I know that. Oh, Ussur, it is a miracle that you found this place! It is sure to give us some respite from the elements."

She ran into the structure, stopping before the strange component at the center.

"Ussur, what do you make of this?"
Last edited by Biscaria on Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 28, 2014
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:27 am

Harkback Union wrote:Simon

Foraging through the dark and mystical forest, Simon has managed to collect some colorful mushrooms and herbs. Sadly, They are not at all familiar to him.

+ 1 White Cap
+ 1 Purple Cap
+ 1 Green Herb

These plants are not particularly hard to find, typically grown all in one spot.

Day 2: Afternoon

Simon made his way through the forest looking for something to eat. Unfortunately, this first pass through netted him nothing that he recognized, but fortunately he did find some mushrooms. One was white. One was Purple. One was Green. He wasn't sure what effect consuming them would have on him, and he didn't have any medicine. He wasn't sure if it was good or bad that there was plenty more where that came from, considering their effects were unknown. His stomach growled and he brought the foods back to his new home base where he tried the white cap and hoped he wouldn't get sick.

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:41 am

Day 3:
Morning

Simon spent the night at his new home base. It was more comfortable then he expected. He was glad that he didn't get sick from the mushroom overnight. As the sun rose, Simon looked at the other mushrooms for signs of decay and looked out onto the valley. He could see some clouds in the distance, and the forest in eye view. Today he planned to forage and explore this land further, but decided to do the foraging first out of concern for the coming weather and not wanting to explore the forest in the dark.

Action: Forage forest. Check other 2 mushrooms for signs of decay.
Last edited by Cainesland on Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:42 am

Cainesland wrote:
Harkback Union wrote:Simon

+ 1 White Cap
+ 1 Purple Cap
+ 1 Green Herb

Day 2: Afternoon

Simon made his way through the forest looking for something to eat. Unfortunately, this first pass through netted him nothing that he recognized, but fortunately he did find some mushrooms. One was white. One was Purple. One was Green. He wasn't sure what effect consuming them would have on him, and he didn't have any medicine. He wasn't sure if it was good or bad that there was plenty more where that came from, considering their effects were unknown. His stomach growled and he brought the foods back to his new home base where he tried the white cap and hoped he wouldn't get sick.

The white cap tasted quite good, as a matter of fact, and turned out to be a hearty meal.
+1 Vitae

Whether the eating the mushroom would have long-term effects remained a mistery.

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:26 pm

Day 3:
Afternoon

Simon gathered what he could from the morning foraging trip in the forest. He would spend the afternoon exploring outside the home base with the first half, and the second half in home base to avoid the rainfall.

Vitia 4-5/8, unless harmed during day 3
Confirmed Inventory 3/5

ApplePieistan
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 06, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby ApplePieistan » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:54 pm

Day 2

In Opal’s exploration of the hill, she happened upon a circle of marble pillars overgrown by vines, supporting a small dome atop. These pillars very much reminded Opal of those she has previously seen in the ruins of the underground city.
Shafts of sunlight gleaned through the pillars, highlighting a rusty mechanism at the center of the structure. The device had 3 rotating parts, 3 disks with various inscriptions written in a foreign alphabet, connected to each other by a series of gears. Finally, an array of mirrors surrounded the disks, their purpose was yet unclear. Sadly, most of these mirrors were either broken or covered in grime, and did not work as intended. Opal noticed a dust mark on the ground, rectangular, as if something was there before, not long ago.

To Opal, the only utility this served was to protect against rain falling on her as she slept. The marble and machinery looked nice, but were ultimately useless. Perhaps in the morning, she could begin fixing it up, figure out what it does.

Day 3

Opal awoken to the sound of rain hitting the ground around her, along with the dome she rested under. What quickly followed was the sound of footsteps of people approaching her little hideaway. She was expecting trouble, big or small, perhaps bears or cannibals or something. Acting rashly, Opal dips her spearhead in her poison vial and approached the intruders, ready to kick some ass.

Disappointingly, it was just a fisherman and scholar, who were relatively harmless. Opal lowers her guard and says to them “Oh, it’s just you. Whattya want?”

Biscaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Biscaria » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:34 pm

Iola was taken aback at the emergence on Opal fro the other side of the structure, and her eagerness turned to caution as she pulled back towards Ussur. She eyed Opal's poison spear warily.

"We're just looking for shelter. From the elements. We don't mean any harm; we didn't even know you were here."

The Knights of Azorea
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 07, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Knights of Azorea » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:10 am

Ussur

Ussur saw Opal, resting under the dome, and frowned, suspicious of the spearwoman and sad to see the ruin he had so revered for its beauty found by another. He had hoped to keep it for himself, a piece of finery int he depths of the wilderness, but it did not seem as if that would happen now. As the spearwoman spoke up from the earth beside the pillar, Ussur responded along with Iola, his voice definite and backed by a proper, well-fed vigour, but his eyes wandering to look around the structure, to see if any damage had been done to it. So long as it remained unbroken, its secrets, as his own, remained just so.

"Aye, we're no warriors, just wind-blown."

ApplePieistan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby ApplePieistan » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:34 am

The Knights of Azorea wrote:
Ussur

Ussur saw Opal, resting under the dome, and frowned, suspicious of the spearwoman and sad to see the ruin he had so revered for its beauty found by another. He had hoped to keep it for himself, a piece of finery int he depths of the wilderness, but it did not seem as if that would happen now. As the spearwoman spoke up from the earth beside the pillar, Ussur responded along with Iola, his voice definite and backed by a proper, well-fed vigour, but his eyes wandering to look around the structure, to see if any damage had been done to it. So long as it remained unbroken, its secrets, as his own, remained just so.

“I guess I wasted my poison then.” Opal says with a sigh. “The name’s Opal. I was gonna look into fixing this… whatever this is, but then this storm came along, so now I gotta go hunting for some pelts to use as blankets. If you 2 can do any fixing to- you know what? I’m just gonna call it ‘Debra.’ If you can repair Debra while I’m gone, that would be great. I’m eager to see what it does.”

Opal headed away from Iola and Ussur and tried to disappear into the woods, looking for game to hunt. Before she got too far, Opal used her shirt to wipe the poison off her spearhead so as to prevent poisoning whatever animal she kills. After all, she still needed edible meat. Carefully, Opal walks through the tall grass, creeping around and searching for easy prey. While she was eager to eat again, she tried not to let her enthusiasm make her hunt unprofessional and get herself caught.

Action: Waste one poison use (2 left)
Hunt morning of day 3
Last edited by ApplePieistan on Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:02 am

Day Three

The wind blew cold, and Jarn futilely tried to pull his tattered leathers closer about his body. It set his teeth to chattering, and he looked forlornly at the yellow fruit hanging just out of reach. It had been a productive morning, learning much about the strange new facets of this land south of Eden, but hunger gnawed at his spine, and the icy fingers of the breeze were equally uncomfortable. It had taken most of the morning to consolidate his findings at the tall stone tower the warrior had chosen for his home in this wild land, and now it was time for lunch.

Jarn crouched, removing the wood faggot from his rucksack, and carefully shielding the tufts of dry grass he had gathered against the breeze he began to use the flint he had discovered to strike sparks into the nest of kindling. It took a few minutes, coaxing the sparks into low flames and then into a hearty blaze that crackled about the wooden fragments, but it was worthwhile. As Jarn worked the wind died down, leaving a bone-chilling cold, but the small fire he built swiftly drove back the icy embrace with tendrils of welcome warmth.

His fingers now lithe and warm, instead of numb and cold, the warrior set to work. These fruits did not seem to be suffering unduly from the sudden cold, but he was taking no chances, and, after all, very hungry.

Afternoon: Build fire near Banana grove in Seawatch (-1 Wood), work through chill wind harvesting 2 Fruit, eat 1 Fruit (+1 Vitae)

After several hours of clambering up and down the trees, intermittently warming himself next to the carefully tended fire, Jarn sat down next to the incandescent embers and feasted on the outcomes of his labor. The flesh of the bananas was thick, sweet, and drove back the hunger that had been Jarn's constant companion since only eating some bits of that sheep-creature yesterday. Still, it had taken many hours to obtain, and night's cloak was slowly enfolding the land. The warrior rose anon, making for the heights of the stone hills with the other fruits he had not eaten, anxious to make the summit before dusk's embrace turned the land to shadow and made the ascent treacherous.

Before the single entrance to the tower, in the shadows of the interior, Jarn scattered some of the pottery shards he had found. It wouldn't put off a determined attacker, but it might injure bare feet, and the sound would, he hoped, give him some warning if a malicious force thought to enter the tower during the night while he slumbered. In one of the dark recesses out of the cold sea wind the warrior at last stashed himself, along with the many interesting things he had gathered during the day, and fell into a light but restful sleep.

Evening: Sleep in Stone Hills Tower after scattering pottery shards near entrance | Day End: 7/10 Vitae
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:23 am

ApplePieistan wrote:
The Knights of Azorea wrote:
Ussur

“I guess I wasted my poison then.” Opal says with a sigh. “The name’s Opal. I was gonna look into fixing this… whatever this is, but then this storm came along, so now I gotta go hunting for some pelts to use as blankets.” If you 2 can do any fixing to- you know what? I’m just gonna call it ‘Debra.’ If you can repair Debra while I’m gone, that would be great. I’m eager to see what it does.”

Opal headed away from Iola and Ussur and tried to disappear into the woods, looking for game to hunt. Before she got too far, Opal used her shirt to wipe the poison off her spearhead so as to prevent poisoning whatever animal she kills. After all, she still needed edible meat. Carefully, Opal walks through the tall grass, creeping around and searching for easy prey. While she was eager to eat again, she tried not to let her enthusiasm make her hunt unprofessional and get herself caught.

Hunt morning of day 3

THE HUNT

With her spear by her side, the huntress silently creeps through the desolate, foggy forest. For hours, she comes across no living creature, and begins to feel lost in the mist... Suddenly, she notices something strange. A slice of green vegetation, filled with warmth and clarity...

In a small and pleasant glade, she spots 2 brown creatures gazing in the ever thinning grass. A large female deer, and by her side, a smaller, younger deer. There is a large tree close by to the deer, offering good cover.

The mother cautiously observes the area while her offspring feasts on the morning grass. Its uncertain if Opal will get another chance like this.

PS: Next time select the forest you want to hunt in. For now I assumed its the south-eastern one.
Last edited by Harkback Union on Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

ApplePieistan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby ApplePieistan » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:07 am

Harkback Union wrote:
ApplePieistan wrote:“I guess I wasted my poison then.” Opal says with a sigh. “The name’s Opal. I was gonna look into fixing this… whatever this is, but then this storm came along, so now I gotta go hunting for some pelts to use as blankets.” If you 2 can do any fixing to- you know what? I’m just gonna call it ‘Debra.’ If you can repair Debra while I’m gone, that would be great. I’m eager to see what it does.”

Hunt morning of day 3

THE HUNT

With her spear by her side, the huntress silently creeps through the desolate, foggy forest. For hours, she comes across no living creature, and begins to feel lost in the mist... Suddenly, she notices something strange. A slice of green vegetation, filled with warmth and clarity...

In a small and pleasant glade, she spots 2 brown creatures gazing in the ever thinning grass. A large female deer, and by her side, a smaller, younger deer. There is a large tree close by to the deer, offering good cover.

The mother cautiously observes the area while her offspring feasts on the morning grass. Its uncertain if Opal will get another chance like this.

PS: Next time select the forest you want to hunt in. For now I assumed its the south-eastern one.

With the sound of rain hopefully covering her footsteps, Opal creeps up behind the large tree close to the deer. She held her spear upright so as to prevent it from being seen by the deer on the other side. Obviously, the mother had more meat on her, so that’s what Opal was going for.

It was a simple plan, so it’d probably work. Quickly, Opal steps to the side of the tree and hucks her spear at the mother deer, then sprints forward to finish her. With the mother having a spear in her side, she probably wouldn’t be able to run much, if she lives at all. Hopefully the initial spear throw would cause death, but Opal still needed to run in, just to be sure.
Last edited by ApplePieistan on Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Labstoska
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 22, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Labstoska » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:19 pm

Septimus
Septimus awoke on the following morning only to be greeted by the sight of a large gathering storm on the horizon. A large black maw that appeared as if it may be able to consume the entire world whole. This was no doubt troubling for Septimus however for him two things always came first before attempting to survive a storm which was trying to find food and water. As he marched down the coconut palms he noticed that his cloths were considerably heavier no doubt from the sheer amount of things that he was carrying around in his pockets, some may call it mad that he hordes so many things however Septimus called it thinking ahead. He also noticed that as he began to eat the coconuts that he had gathered that they had begun to taste less sweet one could say the same went for the rest of this land, everything was slowly becoming more and more bitter.
Actions:Gather food, drink water
vitae:8/8
Afternoon
The storm was here. It's cold tendrils were all ready sapping away at Septimus's health. When the storm had only just begun to come in Septimus had been half inclined to hide within the great stone tower atop the hill however he did not for two reasons: he did not know weather the ruined structure would be capable of surviving the storm and secondly he had seen a man walk into it earlier the very same man who attempted to kill a mere child and he assumed would rather happily kill him as well. So Septimus now having no shelter to speak of set out for the forest hoping that it would give him some cover from the rain and as he entered the forest he realised that he had not in the past few days even bothered to look at the odd scripture that he revered almost religiously. So Septimus pulled it out of one his many pockets with his hands shaking and began to study.
Actions:study ancient scripture.

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:48 pm

DAY 3
Afternoon

The storm swept through the lands, leaving everything, and everyone soaking wet. The night was chilling cold, but the puddles of water refused to freeze...

Those whom had no shelter this afternoon have catched cold!

DAY 4

On the morning after the storm, the land was completely desolated, but from this desolation, life rose up once more, and it did so stunningly fast! The grass and flowers were first to flourish, followed by the trees and vines, which overgrew entire hillsides and valleys, like a giant monster spreading its tentacles.

By the afternoon, the trees of the palm groves had fresh fruit, ready for picking.

The weather was warm once more, and those who fell ill yesterday had a chance to recover, but it would take some time.

Gather Fruit action available again on the all palm groves across all areas!

Cold is a pretty mild condition.
You can heal yoursefl by:
- using medicine (ATM nobody has any)
- Resting 2 times on day 4 (Overruling the mechanics)
Alternatively
- Lose 1 Vitae due to the illness on day 4, remove your illness
Last edited by Harkback Union on Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:46 pm

Day 4

That afternoon, a body washed ashore on the river banks of Eden. It belonged to a man, his clothes that of a wealthy aristocrat. It was quite out of the ordinary for such person to risk his life exploring, but it seemed like exactly what he was doing.

On his body lay several useful items, one of which seemed arcane in its shape, and its purpose remains unknown:
- 1 Backpack (Whomever wields this may carry +5 items. Max 1 such item per person).
- 1 Glass-metal Tube. (May studied to learn its function).
- 1 Map

Go ahead and eat his body, I know that's what you are all thinking!
He's worth 2 meat (dubious condition) and 1 (human) leather.
Or you know, you could give him a decent burial and thank him for the map!

Neither butchering or burying takes an action.
Same goes for other humans/animals.
Last edited by Harkback Union on Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Biscaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Biscaria » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:02 pm

Iola, Day 3

Iola watched Opal go off, pondering her brusqueness. She then turned to "Debra," and examined the rusty mechanism at the center. She studied the broken mirrors, and the dusty spot on the ground. "Ussur, what do you make of this? It looks like someone was here recently. And I don't mean that Opal woman." She ran her hand over the machinery and the imprint of the foreign alphabet. "I feel like I've seen this before... but I'm not sure I remember where."

Iola decided to devote the entire afternoon, as the storm raged outside, to studying the machinery under the shelter of the domed structure. She hoped that Ussur would support her.

Morning Action: Travel to the Domed Structure on the Hill
Afternoon Action: Shelter in the Domed Structure, Study the Strange Machinery
Night: Sleep

Labstoska
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Labstoska » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:32 pm

Septimus
The sight that Septimus saw before him was one that he feared would bring his death however Septimus had marched through the underground tunnels for years not so he could be killed by this child murder. He decided that the best course of action was to use words rather than warfare.

"Jarn first of all what do you have to gain from killing me sure you get a few rocks and rusted metal shards but what use are those to a warrior such as yourself, also if I may add Jarn you need someone who can learn and who can build this storm just proves my point for that stone tower up their will not last forever and when it does collapse you will need someone who can build you a new one and with you occupied most of the time with hunting and killing and whatnot I believe that it would be beneficial to both of us if we worked together."

Now that Septimus had made his plea he closed his eyes and prayed that the spear was not filled with poison.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:14 am

The warrior frowned at the words of his victim, the hot blood in his ears making it hard to focus. Some of what the man said made sense, but some of what he spoke made Jarn want to spear him where he stood. After a moment of thought, resisting the urge to use the shiny bronze spear that called out for flesh to bite, Jarn settled on a compromise.

"Perhaps some of what you say is true. But additionally, perhaps you will be consumed by a beast of the field tonight or tomorrow, and then your use to me will be naught more than that which your corpse could provide now." A frown ghosted across the face of the warrior.

"A solution, then. A payment for your life, for the resources you will consume in the days to come; I see you have with you fruit you have gathered for sustenance, and objects of twisted metal. My stomach aches with hunger, and I too possess some of these components. You may live in peace if I leave this forest with those in my possession, and I shall protect your weak body against the dangers of the wilds so long as you live in Seawatch and provide to me on every third day another meal. A tribute, if you will, in exchange for my spear held against that which would threaten you."

Jarn did not lower his weapon, but he did not seem as immediately likely to plunge it into the heart of this man who stood trembling on the forest path.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Labstoska
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Labstoska » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:03 am

Septimus
So this was it, the choice that would was to decide his fate was to either become a thrall to Jarn or to die in a pitiful way. Of course Septimus did have a high value for his own life and was not about to give up what he worked so hard for within the depths of those underground just because his own foolishness had lead him right into Jarn's trap so with his head hung low and his once large ego now permanently damaged he said to the new master of this land.

"I agree to your terms, you may take my food and my iron and I swear to you that I shall pay you with food every three days, I shall also forever remain bound to this land for the rest of my life."

He pulled out from the pockets of his fine cloths the objects that Jarn did desire and with a certain sorrow he handed both of them to this man. He then proceeded to roam in the direction of the great ruins in order to seek shelter from the great storm, along the way he wondered what secrets the scripture contained and wether it had any methods of asserting dominance over the land which Jarn had labelled as his own.
Afternoon actions: Give Fruit and rusted metal contraptions to Jarn, shelter in the large ruins.
Last edited by Labstoska on Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:13 am

Day Three

Jarn left the woods whistling a high aria of his younger days, in fine spirits. The flesh of the coconuts that Septimus had provided to him was sweet in his mouth, and better yet, it quieted the rumbling of his stomach. Of equal value were the metal contraption-parts, which, when added to his own, might prove useful indeed. Overhead, though, the storm gathered, dampening his spirits. A chill wind touched his flesh, and the warrior shivered, pulling his tattered leather close about himself.

Back to the tower then, to ride out the cold and icy breezes. Within the confines of the massive stone monolith Jarn climbed a short distance up through the rubble, into the second level of the building, and there in one of the corners out of the wind he fell into a light sleep, the hours spinning onwards as he was rejuvenated by good food and hours of slumber.

After some time, Jarn awoke, peering out from his eyrie to assess the progress of the day. It was near twilight, the first stars coming out, and, his body now well rested, Jarn gazed upwards into the heavens. Some meaning, perhaps, lay there in the stars that wheeled and danced overhead, and atop the ruined tower he lay on his back against the cool stone, watching the celestial panoply turn overhead.

Afternoon: Eat Coconuts (6 -> 7 Vitae), sleep in Stone Tower heights
Night: Study Astrology [2/2] | 7/10 Vitae

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:22 am

Simon spent the late afternoon in his new home watching the rains come down from the sky. While cooler than would be nice, he wasn't wet and the wind wasn't hitting him. After foraging that morning he had eaten another white mushroom and was now left with 4 mushrooms he was storing at home. 2 Green, and 2 Purple. That night he went to sleep to the music of the pouring rain, and the dripping of droplets from wood and stone.

Day 4
Morning
Simon awoke refreshed, but hungry, on his 4th day in this new land. He had been on the equivalent of half rations for 3 days now and he was becoming quite hungry. It was becoming clear after 2 days of foraging in the woods that he wasn't going to find another source of food there except mushrooms, and mushrooms didn't seem capable of sustaining him long term. He considered that since there were no animals, no grains, and no fish the chances of long term survival were low and he should think about moving on. Any direction might be good, but he would need to keep in mind the terrain. He was in a valley and there was a river to the east that might be difficult to cross. He also considered challenges. It appeared that there was someone else in this valley. If it was one of his traveling companions, or a descendant of the people in the abandoned city he wasn't sure. Whomever it was they were small, almost child sized given the size of their feet, and they seemed frantic and possibly criminal. 2 locations were abandoned and that's individual may or may not know anything about why that was. At this point his best guess was war and food prospects.

Simon considered what to do this day however. Should he forage? Should he explore? Should he pack up and move on? He wasn't sure. That morning he inspected his mushrooms for signs of decay once again, and ate one of his mushrooms, in this case a purple one picked on day 2, hoping he wouldn't get sick. He knew what he had, and what he had was too much to carry if he decided to leave. There were tools both useful and recreational, food of the fungal and multicoloured variety, and of course he had his fine clothes. In total he had 8 items line up against the wall he would need to decide on taking or leaving should he move on.

That morning he decided that if wanted to survive long term, tools would be beneficial. While he still had food in his possession he would travel to a quarry and study how to make tools.

Morning action
Study: Tool-making
Eat: Purple Mushroom
Vitia: 4/8

That morning he would decide to leave 3 items in his home and travel to the mountain.
Morning Action
Eat Purple Mushroom
Mine unknown mineral
Last edited by Cainesland on Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pentapolitan Kyrene
Envoy

Founded: Oct 24, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Pentapolitan Kyrene » Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:26 pm

Enkidesh

Enkidesh did not know all he did on the first day, but he felt the grasses beneath his sandals, he felt the cool river water upon his sun-calloused skin, and he felt his hands weaving through his hair and beard, moulding them as if cleansing the dust and roughage of the days of wandering. At dawn, he knew, he had been afraid, he had felt the distance behind him in a way he had never before known, but at dusk, as he slept in the deep grasses, he knew nothing of that, not anymore. All was forgotten behind him, all but the grasses, here and there, now and before. He slept a peaceful, dreamless sleep.

He was woken late in the morning by the sun overhead and the braying of the Mouflon herd in the distance. This, he thought as he rose and stretched, would suit him well. Enkidesh had not bothered himself thus far with his fellows, the other wanderers and strangers in the land. All seemed to be, in some way different for each, somehow to disgust the rough, brazen herdsman. They seemed either too fragile or to only be soldierly and brash over a backing of such disdained civility. He would not waste his time with them if it could be avoided, but to be safe, a weapon would be needed, both for his fellows to keep their good sense, and to earn valour under the sky. Besides, something in the depths of his memory taught him to need a weapon, to be prepared for the beasts of the wood and the wild, but he knew not how to craft a weapon for himself. The thought drifted away, as soon as it had come.

By the time the sun's chariot had carried it all the way to the peak of the great sky above him, Enkidesh's rope was sturdy and complete, and his stomach grumbled with aching hunger. The Mouflons, their ruddy fleeces aflame in the glory of the midday sun, called to him as they rushed across the river ford. Their bellows and brays felt to him like home, as if a part of him as integral as the heart beating in his chest. He approached the herding creatures with practised grace, knowing already how to meet the creatures. He was direct in his movements, and not hostile in sight of the group at large, tieing a knotted loop into his rope as he approached behind a mother with her lambs.

He followed her, gently and softly, for a long while, before, late in the day, as she grew tired and rested, away from the clashing rams, he struck, reaching out in a brusque, simple and solid motion to wrap the loop of the rope around her neck, seeing as he dived to do it the milk, meat and fleece that would provide for his life.

Stats begin on day 2
8 Vitae out of 10
Morning Action of Day 2: Take the Day's rest.
Afternoon Action: Attempt to domesticate, or at least capture a mother Mouflon, in hopes of winning some lambs out of the bargain.
Last edited by Pentapolitan Kyrene on Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:38 am

Morning, Day Four

Jarn roused himself as the dawn crested the horizon, taking up his spear in the cool pre-dawn hours and treading downwards softly towards the nearby forest that lapped against the base of the Stone Hills. Such a verdant and lush arboreal setting would surely house game, with any luck, and with stealthy footfalls the warrior sought for prey in the thickets and under the eaves of the mighty trees. It was a bit of a risk, true, for the hunt often could come up emptyhanded in his experience, or he could spend fruitless hours under the trees. But a steady diet of fruit flesh alone was slowly leaving leaving him feeling weaker- the fire of his body diminishing. If he had to take a life to sustain his own, so be it.

Morning: Hunt in SE Forest of Seawatch

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse