NATION

PASSWORD

1810 Age of Imperialism, Empires and Expansion OOC [OPEN]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Hothnia
Minister

Founded: Mar 28, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Hothnia » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:46 pm

Chewion wrote:So anyone wanna team up on the Kebab? I wanna take Turkey or at least the Northern and Western parts and Iraq.

Britain is going there and taking the Nile River Delta, Alexandria, and Sinai for the sake of "spreading Christianity".

Alaroma
Senator

Founded: Aug 03, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Alaroma » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:48 pm

Hothnia wrote:
Chewion wrote:So anyone wanna team up on the Kebab? I wanna take Turkey or at least the Northern and Western parts and Iraq.

Britain is going there and taking the Nile River Delta, Alexandria, and Sinai for the sake of "spreading Christianity".

Doesn't sound very British, but okay.
"Yeah, you're right. You got lucky this time. If there were Dutch people there, you would be facing so many rebels!"
-Nuverkikstan

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 21, 2015

Postby Chewion » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:46 pm

Nuverikstan wrote:

I would, but I wanna puppet the Armenians.

But that’s my land.... I reserved Russian Empire lands and that’s apart of it.
Pro: America, guns, freedom, democracy, military, Trump, conservatism, Israel, capitalism, state rights.

Nuverikstan
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Nuverikstan » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:48 pm

Chewion wrote:
Nuverikstan wrote:I would, but I wanna puppet the Armenians.

But that’s my land.... I reserved Russian Empire lands and that’s apart of it.

There are Armenians in Turkey too, you know. Those are the ones I want to puppet.
Myers Briggs: ENTP-A
8values: N/A

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:00 pm

Nuverikstan wrote:
Chewion wrote:But that’s my land.... I reserved Russian Empire lands and that’s apart of it.

There are Armenians in Turkey too, you know. Those are the ones I want to puppet.

Yeah. My thing is I want control of the Bosporus Straight and at least Northern Turkey plus Iraq and maybe Syria too.
Pro: America, guns, freedom, democracy, military, Trump, conservatism, Israel, capitalism, state rights.

Nuverikstan
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Nuverikstan » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:03 pm

Chewion wrote:
Nuverikstan wrote:There are Armenians in Turkey too, you know. Those are the ones I want to puppet.

Yeah. My thing is I want control of the Bosporus Straight and at least Northern Turkey plus Iraq and maybe Syria too.

Haha, funny. Bosporus is mine sir. I'm going to reunite Greece with Constantinople.

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:07 pm

Nuverikstan wrote:
Chewion wrote:Yeah. My thing is I want control of the Bosporus Straight and at least Northern Turkey plus Iraq and maybe Syria too.

Haha, funny. Bosporus is mine sir. I'm going to reunite Greece with Constantinople.

Russia might suck but I think I’d still beat you. I just want control of the straight. The land not on the Straight I have no care fore really. You can have Constantinople.

Nuverikstan
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Nuverikstan » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:19 pm

Chewion wrote:
Nuverikstan wrote:Haha, funny. Bosporus is mine sir. I'm going to reunite Greece with Constantinople.

Russia might suck but I think I’d still beat you. I just want control of the straight. The land not on the Straight I have no care fore really. You can have Constantinople.

Fine, we split the straight? West side goes to Greece, east goes to you?

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:37 pm

Nuverikstan wrote:
Chewion wrote:Russia might suck but I think I’d still beat you. I just want control of the straight. The land not on the Straight I have no care fore really. You can have Constantinople.

Fine, we split the straight? West side goes to Greece, east goes to you?

That works. And then I’ll take along the Northern coast and Eastern Turkey and Greece gets Constantinople and the rest of the East not along the coast. But I also definitely want me some Iraq and Syria. Much oil. Much Warm water ports.

Nuverikstan
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Nuverikstan » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:38 pm

Chewion wrote:
Nuverikstan wrote:Fine, we split the straight? West side goes to Greece, east goes to you?

That works. And then I’ll take along the Northern coast and Eastern Turkey and Greece gets Constantinople and the rest of the East not along the coast. But I also definitely want me some Iraq and Syria. Much oil. Much Warm water ports.

This sounds good to me. Considering that I have no plans for either Iraq or Syria, you go for it. However, Britain may fight you for it.

The Williams Empire
Attaché

Founded: Sep 16, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Williams Empire » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:01 pm

Nation name: United States of Italy

National Ideology: Ultranationalist

Nation's Leader(s): Trey Williams

National Government Type: Benevolent Dictatorship

National history: As Napoleon's reign began to fail, other national monarchs he had installed tried to keep their thrones by feeding those nationalistic sentiments, setting the stage for the revolutions to come. Among these monarchs were the viceroy of Italy, Eugène de Beauharnais, who tried to get Austrian approval for his succession to the Kingdom of Italy, and Trey Williams, who called for Italian patriots' help for the unification of Italy under his rule. This lead to the Italian Civil War which ended with a military victory for the government but a political and social victory for the nationalist. This caused the "Government Reformation" and after two years of protests and internal conflicts within the government, Trey Williams was elected to lead the new nationalist Italy.

Language: Italian, English

National Religion: Catholic

National Race/Culture/Identity: White/Italian

Territory (Consult the link to the map on the OP): Italy

Capital City: Rome

Population: 15 million

MILITARY STATISTICS

Head General: General James Breyfogle

Generals Staff: General Ben Macedo, Colonel Dakota Wolff, Colonel Dominick Bruno

Military strength: Extended Conscription (2.5%) 375, 000

(Please provide a Total Standing Army size)
(There are 7 different levels of Standing Army or Manpower; Disarmed Nation, Volunteer Only, Limited Conscription, Extensive Conscription and Service by Requirement, All Adults Serve and Scraping the Barrel. Each provide a certain amount of manpower, 1%, 1.5%, 2.5%, 5%, 10%, 20% and 25% respectively. Each of them have their own effects. For 5% and under, there are no ill effects. For above, penalties begin to occur in the domestic sector, disunity begins to increase and moral drops drastically. 1% has no bonuses if forced into it, if not, it shares the effects of 1.5%. 1.5% has greatly increased domestic output, strong unity and great moral. 2.5% has slightly increased domestic output and good unity. 5% has no effects.)

1. List the Branches of your Military (Marines, Army, Navy, Special Units, Cavalry, etc.) and their Manpower Size:
Army- 200,000
Marines- 15,000
Artillery and Cavalry- 60, 000
Navy- 100,000
2. List size of naval forces (Ship wise, state the Manpower of your navy in Number 1), if any: 50 Ships
1 1st Rate
4 4th Rate
25 6th Rate
20 Unrated
3. List amount of artillery, if any:
500 field guns
100 howizers
250 coastal guns
ARMAMENT

Infantry:

Primary Weapon: Italian Musket

Secondary Weapon: Flintlock pistol

Melee Weapon: Curved Silver Cavalry Sword

Uniform:Image

Pack gear: Bible, bandages, flint & steel, tent, food rations, canteen, winter clothing, blanket, personal journal, tobacco, ammo, gunpowder, soap, shovel

Greatest Strengths: Mountain terrain, winter conditions, woodland warfare

Greatest Weaknesses: Desert terrain, marshes

Specialty: Entrenching, fast reload

Cavalry:

Primary Weapon: Smoothbore Musket

Secondary Weapon: Quad-barrel flintlock pistol

Melee Weapon: Silver curved long bladed cavalry sword

Uniform: Image

Pack gear: Bible, bandages, flint & steel, tent, food rations, canteen, winter clothing, blanket, personal journal, tobacco, ammo, gunpowder, soap, shovel

Greatest Strengths: Recon, Close combat

Greatest Weaknesses: Sharpshooters, artillery, entrenched enemies

Specialty: Blitz attack

Artillery:

Cannon Type(s): 12 pound field guns, 10 inch coastal guns

Mortar Type(s): 10 inch siege mortars

Rockets: Yes

Howitzer Type(s): 24 pounder

Shell types: HE, Shrapnel

Men per artillery crew: 4

Mules/Horses: Horses

Ships

1. Ship Class: 1st Rate
2. armament: 120
3. Crew: 875 men
1. Ship Class: 2nd Rate
2. armament: 90
3. Crew: 700 men
1.Ship Class: 4th Rate
2. armament: 50
3. Crew: 320 men
1.Ship Class: 6th Rate
2. armament: 28
3. Crew: 200 men
1. Ship Class: Unrated
2. armament: 14
3. Crew: 90 men

Accompaniments: Marines
Last edited by The Williams Empire on Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nuverikstan
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Nuverikstan » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:10 pm

The Williams Empire wrote:(Image)
Nation name: United States of Italy

National Ideology: Ultranationalist

Nation's Leader(s): Trey Williams

National Government Type: Benevolent Dictatorship

National history: As Napoleon's reign began to fail, other national monarchs he had installed tried to keep their thrones by feeding those nationalistic sentiments, setting the stage for the revolutions to come. Among these monarchs were the viceroy of Italy, Eugène de Beauharnais, who tried to get Austrian approval for his succession to the Kingdom of Italy, and Trey Williams, who called for Italian patriots' help for the unification of Italy under his rule. This lead to the Italian Civil War which ended with a military victory for the government but a political and social victory for the nationalist. This caused the "Government Reformation" and after two years of protests and internal conflicts within the government, Trey Williams was elected to lead the new nationalist Italy.

Language: Italian, English

National Religion: Catholic

National Race/Culture/Identity: White/Italian

Territory (Consult the link to the map on the OP): Italy

Capital City: Rome

Population: 15 million

MILITARY STATISTICS

Head General: General James Breyfogle

Generals Staff: General Ben Macedo, Colonel Dakota Wolff, Colonel Dominick Bruno

Military strength: Extended Conscription (2.5%) 375, 000

(Please provide a Total Standing Army size)
(There are 7 different levels of Standing Army or Manpower; Disarmed Nation, Volunteer Only, Limited Conscription, Extensive Conscription and Service by Requirement, All Adults Serve and Scraping the Barrel. Each provide a certain amount of manpower, 1%, 1.5%, 2.5%, 5%, 10%, 20% and 25% respectively. Each of them have their own effects. For 5% and under, there are no ill effects. For above, penalties begin to occur in the domestic sector, disunity begins to increase and moral drops drastically. 1% has no bonuses if forced into it, if not, it shares the effects of 1.5%. 1.5% has greatly increased domestic output, strong unity and great moral. 2.5% has slightly increased domestic output and good unity. 5% has no effects.)

1. List the Branches of your Military (Marines, Army, Navy, Special Units, Cavalry, etc.) and their Manpower Size:
Army- 200,000
Marines- 15,000
Artillery and Cavalry- 60, 000
Navy- 100,000
2. List size of naval forces (Ship wise, state the Manpower of your navy in Number 1), if any: 50 Ships
1 1st Rate
4 4th Rate
25 6th Rate
20 Unrated
3. List amount of artillery, if any:
500 field guns
100 howizers
250 coastal guns
ARMAMENT

Infantry:

Primary Weapon: Italian Minie Ball Rifle

Secondary Weapon: Flintlock pistol

Melee Weapon: Curved Silver Cavalry Sword

Uniform:(Image)

Greatest Strengths: Mountain terrain, winter conditions, woodland warfare

Greatest Weaknesses: Desert terrain, marshes

Specialty: Entrenching, fast reload

Cavalry:

Primary Weapon: Smoothbore Musket

Secondary Weapon: Quad-barrel flintlock pistol

Melee Weapon: Silver curved long bladed cavalry sword

Uniform: (Image)

Greatest Strengths: Recon, Close combat

Greatest Weaknesses: Sharpshooters, artillery, entrenched enemies

Specialty: Blitz attack

Artillery:

Cannon Type(s): 12 pound field guns, 10 inch coastal guns

Mortar Type(s): 10 inch siege mortars

Rockets: Yes

Howitzer Type(s): 24 pounder

Shell types: HE, Shrapnel

Men per artillery crew: 4

Mules/Horses: Horses

Ships

1. Ship Class: 1st Rate
2. armament: 120
3. Crew: 875 men
1. Ship Class: 2nd Rate
3. Crew: 700 men
1.Ship Class: 4th Rate
2. armament: 50
3. Crew: 320 men
1.Ship Class: 6th Rate
3. Crew: 200 men
2. armament: 14
3. Crew: 90 men

Accompaniments: Marines

Everything is good, except your infantry's guns. Besides the fact that rifles are not used on a large scale yet, the minie ball hasn't been invented yet. If you want a small group of your infantry to use a period rifle, that would be fine. But in general, they will need to use some kind of musket. Otherwise, accepted!

Da Klan
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 08, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Da Klan » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:51 pm

Nation name:
The Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth

National Ideology: Christian nationalist constitutional monarchy.

Nation's Leader(s): King of Poland and Grand Duke of Lithuania Hugo Cyrus, first of his name.

National Government Type: Constitutional monarchy

National history: Following the Battle of Vienna in 1683, the Polish Lithuanian Commonwealth dedicated itself to ensuring the security of Christendom in Europe from foreign aggressors. Viewing the Ottomans as a threat, the Polish focused more on their military and industries, realizing that the Muslims had the ability to strike at any moment. The moment to test their dedication to European Christendom came during the Hungarian invasion of Bosnia and Serbia. Seeing their fellow Christian allies in need, the Polish Lithuanian Commonwealth helped free those regions. However, many had agreed that this was not enough. Following the liberation of Bosnia and Serbia, the King declared the Islamic nations to be "the roadblock on the road of Christian prosperity", and launched an invasion into the Crimean Khanate, severely weakening the Ottomans in the Black Sea. During the late 1740s, the Polish Lithuanian Commonwealth experienced levels of disunity and small scale revolts, which led to the Krakow Accords of 1748. The Krakow Accords increased Polish nationalism as well as promoted Polish hegemony. The law was heavily enforced up until the late 1700s, as it seemed that the population was naturally drifting towards Polish culture. Polish -Lithuania is interested in gaining some colonies, and it is common to see Polish missionaries in Africa, South, and East Asia.

Language: Polish, Lithuanian, and Latin. Polish is spoken by everyone in the country, with Latin being a language of the courts, and Lithuanian a recognized minority language.

National Religion: Catholicism

National Race/Culture/Identity: Polish identity is strong, with the minorities assimilating well and with schools mandating that all students must learn and speak only Polish.

Territory (Consult the link to the map on the OP): https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1bnCrLaiNqeivLXUbw_OdZgLNDbE&ll=50.06419171305692%2C29.168701137499966&z=5 (just the stuff that was reserved on the map)

Capital City: Warsaw

Population: 17,000,000 (approx)

MILITARY STATISTICS

Head General: Adolf Augustus (he changed his last name because of his devotion to Rome, which he saw as the shining example of law and order)

Generals Staff: Timothy Andrews, Jeremiah Lewinsky

Military strength: 2.5% (Limited Conscription)
Total Strength-425,000

Total Strength-425,000
Royal Army-202,000
Royal Navy-103,000
Royal Cavalry-120,000

2. List size of naval forces (Ship wise, state the Manpower of your navy in Number 1), if any: 25 ships. Commerce raiders and privateer vessels do not count, though Poland has not used them since the invasion of the Crimean Khanate.
2 2nd rates
4 3rd rates
4 5th rates
1 6th rate
14 Unrated

3. List amount of artillery, if any: 132 coastal guns (mostly in Crimea), 35 howitzers, 115 field guns

ARMAMENT

Infantry:

Primary Weapon: Percussion cap Muzzle loading rifle
Secondary Weapon:flintlock pistol or saber

Melee Weapon: bayonet

Uniform: Image

Pack gear: Ammo, water, tents, smoking pipes

Greatest Strengths: Cold and snowy weather has little effect on the fighting skills of the infantry units.

Greatest Weaknesses: Lack of infantry commanders who have experienced combat

Specialty: Raiding(limited to certain units) and Defense

Cavalry:

Primary Weapon: Percussion Cap Muzzle loading rifles

Secondary Weapon: Lance

Melee Weapon: dagger

Uniform:

Pack gear: Ammo, water, tents, smoking pipes

Greatest Strengths:Psychological Warfare (the noises of the wings would scare away horses and men), fast charges

Greatest Weaknesses: Units have to get weapons from companies, since tradition dictates that the Hussars must acquire most of the equipment themselves. Artillery strikes are also deadly for these forces, along with pikes.

Specialty: Striking fear

Artillery:

Cannon Type(s): 12 pound field guns and 7 inch coastal gun

Mortar Type(s): 8 inch siege mortars

Rockets:(yes/no) no

Howitzer Type(s): 24 pound howitzer

Shell types: canisters and balls

Men per artillery crew: 5-8 depending on the type

Mules/Horses: Depends on location and unit

Ships

1. Ship Class: 2nd rate
3. Crew: 710

1. Ship Class: 3rd Rate
2. armament 64
3. Crew: 500

1. Ship Class: 5th rate
2. armament: 40
3. Crew: 275

1. Ship Class: 6th rate
3. Crew: 200

2. armament:16
3. Crew: 25

Accompaniments: Royal Army Marines occasionally accompany them. They are a part of the Army department.

Please remember to post this to the Archive Thread

I feel like I need to add something for some reason....
Last edited by Da Klan on Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Allkoff
Secretary

Founded: Oct 15, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Allkoff » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:34 am

Yay Polands app is in!

Hothnia
Minister

Founded: Mar 28, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Hothnia » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:19 am

Chewion wrote:
Nuverikstan wrote:Fine, we split the straight? West side goes to Greece, east goes to you?

That's right. I'll fight you for it. I'd like my war gains to be all of Eastern Egypt, all the way to Alexandria, the Sinai Peninsula, Jordan, and Western Iraq. I have no feelings for Syria.

Nations United for Conquest
Negotiator

Founded: May 06, 2016

Postby Nations United for Conquest » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:34 am

Hothnia wrote:
Chewion wrote:

That's right. I'll fight you for it. I'd like my war gains to be all of Eastern Egypt, all the way to Alexandria, the Sinai Peninsula, Jordan, and Western Iraq. I have no feelings for Syria.

You guys better not be cutting Germany out of this deal...
National Information
Leader - Prime Minister Alaro Kuhn
Capital - Gesno
Population - 325,581,223
Currency - Krot ($)
Roleplay Information
OP Gatelord - [OOC]
The Coming Storm - PLANNED
TBA FE RP - PLANNED

THE DEMOCRATIC SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF OSKANO
COBALT NETWORK MEMBER
Est. 1663

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:24 am

Nuverikstan wrote:
Chewion wrote:

This sounds good to me. Considering that I have no plans for either Iraq or Syria, you go for it. However, Britain may fight you for it.

Britain has zero reason to want it.... I’m even leaving Israel and Jordan opened.

Nations United for Conquest
Negotiator

Founded: May 06, 2016

Postby Nations United for Conquest » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:04 am

Chewion wrote:
Nuverikstan wrote:

Britain has zero reason to want it.... I’m even leaving Israel and Jordan opened.

German clay
National Information
Leader - Prime Minister Alaro Kuhn
Capital - Gesno
Population - 325,581,223
Currency - Krot ($)
Roleplay Information
OP Gatelord - [OOC]
The Coming Storm - PLANNED
TBA FE RP - PLANNED

THE DEMOCRATIC SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF OSKANO
COBALT NETWORK MEMBER
Est. 1663

Welfresio
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 20, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Welfresio » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:33 am

WOW RIP AUSTRIA APP AND RESERVATION

Alaroma
Senator

Postby Alaroma » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:53 am

The IC rate is three months now right?
"Yeah, you're right. You got lucky this time. If there were Dutch people there, you would be facing so many rebels!"
-Nuverkikstan

Nuverikstan
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Nuverikstan » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:12 am

Alaroma wrote:The IC rate is three months now right?

Starting today, the rate is three months. So it is February currently.

Nuverikstan
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Nuverikstan » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:13 am

Nations United for Conquest wrote:
Hothnia wrote:

You guys better not be cutting Germany out of this deal...

We’re going to cut you out, as long as you don’t have an app posted.

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:22 am

Nations United for Conquest wrote:
Chewion wrote:Britain has zero reason to want it.... I’m even leaving Israel and Jordan opened.

German clay

You can take Israel and Jordan.

Alaroma
Senator

Postby Alaroma » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:32 am

Nuverikstan wrote:
Alaroma wrote:The IC rate is three months now right?

Starting today, the rate is three months. So it is February currently.

Okay, good to know
-Nuverkikstan

United Kolumbia
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby United Kolumbia » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:40 am

Three months per what? IC page? Day?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse