NATION

PASSWORD

Between 2 Rivers - OOC/Signups

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:57 am

G-Tech Corporation wrote:
Labstoska wrote:

Hark doesn’t usually bother to respond to applications unless they need fixing- as he hasn’t responded to yours, you can probably assume all is well :P

Correct, all applications are accepted. IC is just around teh corner.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:41 am

I’m liking these advanced technologies.

Will there be occasional cracked/loose stone/clay around that can be gathered without a pickaxe/shovel?
Last edited by G-Tech Corporation on Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:00 am

G-Tech Corporation wrote:I’m liking these advanced technologies.

Will there be occasional cracked/loose stone/clay around that can be gathered without a pickaxe/shovel?

Quite possibly.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:04 am

Harkback Union wrote:
G-Tech Corporation wrote:I’m liking these advanced technologies.

Quite possibly.

Okay, good. I was worried characters might get stuck without a means of progressing if nobody takes a shovel and so nobody can gather clay, for instance.

Also, I should ask- will NPC tribemembers ever spawn with a skill?
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:20 am

Harkback Union wrote:
Quite possibly.

Okay, good. I was worried characters might get stuck without a means of progressing if nobody takes a shovel and so nobody can gather clay, for instance.

Possibly. Gathering Wood/clay/fish and basic materials will be possible without tools, but will be very inefficient.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:20 am

Harkback Union wrote:

Possibly. Gathering Wood/clay/fish and basic materials will be possible without tools, but will be very inefficient.

Good, good. Just checking.

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:58 am

IC is open

Yet to add links to both OOC and IC. Also working on player list.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:13 am

Harkback Union wrote:IC is open

Yet to add links to both OOC and IC. Also working on player list.

Can people forage in a Palm Grove for vegetables? Does having Foraging gain extra fruit from a grove, or increase the likelihood a player gets fruits?

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:20 am

Also, Hark, I should ask: the IC says the fruit trees only bear two fruits every year. So they'll basically never regenerate?

The Knights of Azorea
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 07, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Knights of Azorea » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:59 am

Should we do all of our first day, or just the morning?

Isapito
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 26, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Isapito » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:22 pm

Excuse me but i'm a little confused, it says +1 wood by the axe implying that one could get wood without an axe but you'd bet less but in the IC is says you require an axe to get wood. Only I think i'll starve to death if I have to go to the stream or what ever to find some stones then take them to someone who can craft then wait for them to make me an axe then head to the woods to get wood then I might have to go some where else to make tents for them all before I can do anything productive in return for food, an of course i'll have to pay the crafting guy back with a tent or wood or something, either way its more work i'd have to do to get food.

ApplePieistan
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 06, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby ApplePieistan » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:26 pm

Isapito wrote:Excuse me but i'm a little confused, it says +1 wood by the axe implying that one could get wood without an axe but you'd bet less but in the IC is says you require an axe to get wood. Only I think i'll starve to death if I have to go to the stream or what ever to find some stones then take them to someone who can craft then wait for them to make me an axe then head to the woods to get wood then I might have to go some where else to make tents for them all before I can do anything productive in return for food, an of course i'll have to pay the crafting guy back with a tent or wood or something, either way its more work i'd have to do to get food.

You can get fruit from trees.

Isapito
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Isapito » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:30 pm

ApplePieistan wrote:
Isapito wrote:Excuse me but i'm a little confused, it says +1 wood by the axe implying that one could get wood without an axe but you'd bet less but in the IC is says you require an axe to get wood. Only I think i'll starve to death if I have to go to the stream or what ever to find some stones then take them to someone who can craft then wait for them to make me an axe then head to the woods to get wood then I might have to go some where else to make tents for them all before I can do anything productive in return for food, an of course i'll have to pay the crafting guy back with a tent or wood or something, either way its more work i'd have to do to get food.

You can get fruit from trees.

Would I not need the forage skill?

ApplePieistan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby ApplePieistan » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:35 pm

Isapito wrote:
ApplePieistan wrote:You can get fruit from trees.

I asked that same question, the answer is no. If you needed the forage skill, it would say so.

ApplePieistan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby ApplePieistan » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:39 pm

Also, presumably you can grab twigs and branches without an ax, since axes require wood to make and you can't start with an ax. You just can't clear the grove of trees barehanded.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:49 pm

Isapito, you do know there are four other groves to harvest from? Overlapping gathers less food for the same work.

Isapito
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Isapito » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:55 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:Isapito, you do know there are four other groves to harvest from? Overlapping gathers less food for the same work.

He's an unarmed teenager, if a wolf comes out of no were and attacks him he's dead so safety in numbers until we get an idea of the probability of a creature attacking us in these groves.

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:00 pm

Isapito wrote:
ApplePieistan wrote:You can get fruit from trees.

Ah, yes, there will be ways to get wood without axe, namely, Gather wood action available in forests.

Foraging skill will also be linked with forests.

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:01 pm

And yes, I will always mention if an action requires a skill. If there are no skills listed, anyone can do them.

The Knights of Azorea
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Knights of Azorea » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:02 pm

If anyone gets hold of extra fruit they don't have a use for, Ussur will pay good fish for it. Got to get that dietary variation, of course.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:02 pm

Isapito wrote:
G-Tech Corporation wrote:Isapito, you do know there are four other groves to harvest from? Overlapping gathers less food for the same work.

He's an unarmed teenager, if a wolf comes out of no were and attacks him he's dead so safety in numbers until we get an idea of the probability of a creature attacking us in these groves.

Apple and I have plans that rely on gaining two fruits from a grove. I’d recommend you stick with the main mass, or follow Apple; if we can’t get two fruit, those plans might have to be amended to poking your character with sharp objects.

ApplePieistan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby ApplePieistan » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:04 pm

Isapito wrote:He's an unarmed teenager, if a wolf comes out of no were and attacks him he's dead so safety in numbers until we get an idea of the probability of a creature attacking us in these groves.

Apple and I have plans that rely on gaining two fruits from a grove. I’d recommend you stick with the main mass, or follow Apple; if we can’t get two fruit, those plans might have to be amended to poking your character with sharp objects.

Don't go to me, you might scare away my prey, then I'll have to stab you.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:09 pm

ApplePieistan wrote:

Don't go to me, you might scare away my prey, then I'll have to stab you.

Maybe playing with Ussur and mooching fish off of him would be better.

Or you can go lure in some wolves from the other groves for us to hunt. I bet there are good uses for furs.

The Knights of Azorea
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Knights of Azorea » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:11 pm

No-one's mooching off Ussur. No such thing as a free lunch.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:37 pm

The Knights of Azorea wrote:No-one's mooching off Ussur. No such thing as a free lunch.

You’re saying you can deny a poor hapless child food?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse