NATION

PASSWORD

Between 2 Rivers - OOC/Signups

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

ApplePieistan
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 06, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby ApplePieistan » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:39 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:
ApplePieistan wrote:Will we need foraging to harvest them?

Presumably not, since they’re noob-food.

But I’ll probably try to use Foraging to harvest more for drying and storage.

Should we... claim the starting area?

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:42 pm

ApplePieistan wrote:
Presumably not, since they’re noob-food.

But I’ll probably try to use Foraging to harvest more for drying and storage.

Should we... claim the starting area?

I think there are four different sites where fruit grows. Personally I’m thinking that SE grove near the stone and fish will be the best area to seize, due to long term utility.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

ApplePieistan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby ApplePieistan » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:47 pm

ApplePieistan wrote:Should we... claim the starting area?

I think there are four different sites where fruit grows. Personally I’m thinking that SE grove near the stone and fish will be the best area to seize, due to long term utility.

Sounds good. Should I try to pick berries too, or should I leave that to you?

Isapito
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 26, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Isapito » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:48 pm

You should think about adding a few more items like some kind of range weapon, either a short bow or sling perhaps or maybe the option of starting out with an animal companion, a cat or hunting dog might be useful.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:50 pm

ApplePieistan wrote:

Sounds good. Should I try to pick berries too, or should I leave that to you?

I -think- I should be able to get two fruits in the morning at least and maybe a vegetable in the afternoon; if you could get one unit of meat between morning and afternoon we should be good on Vitae, so you’d probably be better off hunting then trying to explore the region for free stuff or trying to mug someone for useful tools.

Alternatively if you can hunt a lot of meat we might be able to recruit an NPC tribe member. Which could be very valuable.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Ulls
Minister

Founded: Jan 02, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Ulls » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:53 pm

So what do you still need in the RP?

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:54 pm

Isapito wrote:You should think about adding a few more items like some kind of range weapon, either a short bow or sling perhaps or maybe the option of starting out with an animal companion, a cat or hunting dog might be useful.

Ranged weapons are a must, but they'll be further down the tech tree.

The Knights of Azorea
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 07, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Knights of Azorea » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:55 pm

I'm jumping ship from herding to fishing.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:57 pm

The Knights of Azorea wrote:I'm jumping ship from herding to fishing.

Herding seems more long-term useful.

Ulls wrote:So what do you still need in the RP?

A miner?

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:07 pm

Honestly, I'm not very proud of the rulebook in its state, I imagine it makes much less sense then the previous ones.

Anyway, we should have enough folks to start, but I still got a few more things to prepare. I'd say IC will be up tomorrow around this time.

Isapito
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Isapito » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:07 pm

Harkback Union wrote:
Isapito wrote:You should think about adding a few more items like some kind of range weapon, either a short bow or sling perhaps or maybe the option of starting out with an animal companion, a cat or hunting dog might be useful.

I'm pretty sure basic short bows and slings were both invented a fair bit before any of the techs you put in the advanced section.

The Knights of Azorea
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 07, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Knights of Azorea » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:10 pm

Harkback Union wrote:Honestly, I'm not very proud of the rulebook in its state, I imagine it makes much less sense then the previous ones.

I'm having a much easier time with it, to be honest. It seems like a really fun system.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:11 pm

Harkback Union wrote:Honestly, I'm not very proud of the rulebook in its state, I imagine it makes much less sense then the previous ones.

Anyway, we should have enough folks to start, but I still got a few more things to prepare. I'd say IC will be up tomorrow around this time.

It seems simple enough. Easy to use.

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:15 pm

Isapito wrote:
Harkback Union wrote:

I'm pretty sure basic short bows and slings were both invented a fair bit before any of the techs you put in the advanced section.

Perhaps, but I want to have ranged weapons to have 2 properties:
- first strike ability, which allows them to be fired at the start of battles in a separate, ranged-only round.
- In later rounds, unusable if the person firing the bow is under melee attack.
This could make them pretty useless at the start, or before watchtowers/walls are available and built, which I'm yet to even add to the tree. But the skill used to make bows/slings will most likely require tool making and cost 5 RP.

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:18 pm

It seems simple enough. Easy to use.

Well, the action system is simple but the technologies split the rules into little bits that are going to multiply with those I add during the game, and Its going to be hard to find some rules again if you forget it. I'm already having trouble with making sure nothing new I write contradicts existing paragraphs.

Ulls
Minister

Founded: Jan 02, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Ulls » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:21 pm

The Knights of Azorea wrote:I'm jumping ship from herding to fishing.

Herding seems more long-term useful.

Ulls wrote:So what do you still need in the RP?

A miner?

Ok, I'll stick to my miner/craftsmen character.

ApplePieistan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby ApplePieistan » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:42 pm

Can there be a way to make torches?

Biscaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Biscaria » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:32 pm

Name: Iola
Appearance:

Skills: Foraging
Items: Fine Clothes, Silver Idol
Memories: Iola remembers... love. Or was it infatuation? For sure, she knows she was once taken care of, once provided for by... a man. Or was it a a woman, like herself? Was it even one person? Iola isn't sure; she is only sure that at one time there was no need to suffer like there is now. Yet, while now her memory may be faint, her personal senses remain vivid. This keen sense for color and flavor in life - a sense that may have been used for vainer matters in the past - now could be utilized for her survival. If she can survive everything else, that is, by herself and with only a fascinating little sculpture - which she has come to call Vipera - for comfort.
Last edited by Biscaria on Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:34 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Labstoska
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 22, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Labstoska » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:59 pm

Labstoska wrote:Name: Septimus
Appearance: Septimus is a rather old man with balding grey hair and a long beard. He also has pale white skin which couples with his skinny, gangly body. He is also in possession of dark brown eyes so much so that they are almost at the point of being black.
Skills: tool making
Items:Fine cloths and an Ancient scripture
Memories: Septimus believes that he used to be some kind of scholar or priest. He can make out within the foggy remains of his mind, huge temples and religious texts describing all powerful beings which is part of the reason why he picked up the ancient scripture inside of the ruined city for he believed that it would some how give him an insight back into the faith that he lost so long ago.

Labstoska
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Labstoska » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:05 pm

Is it possible a person to forage wood without an axe.

ApplePieistan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby ApplePieistan » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:14 pm

Labstoska wrote:Is it possible a person to forage wood without an axe.

Yes, 1 unit of wood per day phase.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:18 am

Labstoska wrote:
Labstoska wrote:Name: Septimus
Appearance: Septimus is a rather old man with balding grey hair and a long beard. He also has pale white skin which couples with his skinny, gangly body. He is also in possession of dark brown eyes so much so that they are almost at the point of being black.
Skills: tool making
Items:Fine cloths and an Ancient scripture
Memories: Septimus believes that he used to be some kind of scholar or priest. He can make out within the foggy remains of his mind, huge temples and religious texts describing all powerful beings which is part of the reason why he picked up the ancient scripture inside of the ruined city for he believed that it would some how give him an insight back into the faith that he lost so long ago.

Hark doesn’t usually bother to respond to applications unless they need fixing- as he hasn’t responded to yours, you can probably assume all is well :P

Labstoska
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Labstoska » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:26 am

Labstoska wrote:

Hark doesn’t usually bother to respond to applications unless they need fixing- as he hasn’t responded to yours, you can probably assume all is well :P

Excellent now I can be the religious maniac.

Isapito
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Isapito » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:10 am

I might swap my tool making skill for a tent raiser. I'll probably research back into tool making later but we don't see to have a tent raiser yet and we have another tool maker.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:37 pm

Isapito wrote:I might swap my tool making skill for a tent raiser. I'll probably research back into tool making later but we don't see to have a tent raiser yet and we have another tool maker.

That seems wise. Dwellings are a commodity everyone will need.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse