NATION

PASSWORD

Academy of Villains: Heathens [IC]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Forest State
Senator

Founded: Aug 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Academy of Villains: Heathens [IC]

Postby Forest State » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:22 am

DIRECTOR BROOKS
NEW YORK CITY
Three weeks ago

“Is this new class ready, so soon after the Disaster of Sixteen? Are they going to turn out like the last one? We’ve found in a whole new group of names but we haven’t changed out methods. We haven’t changed anything to make sure that these kids are ready, because that’s what they are. Kids. We threw them out of the frying pan and into the fire before they were ready, sure, but maybe we should be looking at ourselves for failing to get them ready. We haven’t made any changes, so what will stop the second class from becoming like the first?” asked the man who was standing in front of the window and looking over the New York City skyline. He was, of course, the one that they called Brooks. It wasn’t a first name, and it wasn’t a last name. Just Brooks. “We’re asking for another incident.”

“The Disaster of Sixteen was an out of the ordinary event,” said the tall Asian woman standing besides him. The one that went by Eris. “We didn’t have any choice but to send those students in there, and we might not be here right now if it wasn’t for hitting the Vigilante League with everything that we had. The kids weren’t the only ones that took losses. We all did. I lost people that I knew, and you did, and everyone else in the Society did. But we did what we needed to do for our survival, and it won’t happen again.”

“Says who? The kids took more losses than anyone else, because their training wasn’t up to par. What says that won’t happen again with something else? The Vigilantes are always working on something new, that we need to deal with.”

“The kids took losses because of the situation. Their training was fine. The numbers look deceiving, but the numbers always look bad after taking a strategic defeat to reach our goals. As for the training… I wouldn’t have sent them out there if I thought they weren’t capable. We can’t help it that certain things fell in a certain way.”

“We could have done more-”

Eris put a hand on Brooks’ shoulder, stopping him. “You’re getting too close to the school. You’ve put too much time into this project and now you’re starting to think of these kids as if they were your own. Cut it out. You know what? You should go back to the main wing of the Society and make me the Director at the school. I won’t let my feelings get in the way of doing what needs to be done, but you know I won’t be unfair to the students either. If you let me run the school, I won’t be soft, and you won’t have to worry about them not being ready when situations like the last one come up.”

Brooks shook his head. “I don’t think it’s time for my self imposed exile to end just yet, while you could make an argument that I have allies in Britain who would like to have me back. At least with this project, I can do something I enjoy-”

“If you enjoy being around the kids, that’s a problem. They’re your students, not your friends. We’re not an ordinary school, we’re trying to create hardened criminals. And you’re not helping with this attitude about how we don’t value them enough and how we shouldn’t have sent them to battle. Why did we recruit them if not to have them fight for us eventually? You’re slipping, Brooks. You’re not the analytical decision maker that you once were. That got you into this leadership role in the first place.”

“Thank you for your advice, Eris.”

The woman sighed and stepped away, in defeat. “Run the place however you want. You’re the boss, I’m just the Head of Enforcement, so what would I know? But we don’t have any choice but to bring in a new group of students. Our numbers are so depleted that if the new class doesn’t come in early, the classrooms are going to be half empty every day. Making matchups for team based training will become a nightmare-”

“No, I understand. And it’s not that I want to seem overly concerned or too sympathetic, it’s just that we lost a large chunk of our future. And that’s what concerns me, really.”

There’s a long pause, before Eris nods and starts walking towards the door. “We’ll bounce back. We always do.”

WESLEY ROBSON
Germany, 2016

“Get out of here!” shouted the girl, Cassandra, as the battle continued to rage around them and it became more and more clear that the only victory in this situation would require someone to sacrifice themselves. “Go! You’re only going to die, just go with the others and let me make a run at the core room. I take that out, and we win even though we couldn’t capture the place-”

“We’re not leaving,” her sister, Candace, said. “And you’re not going to die. I can heal you. I can fix this-”

“With this much blood loss? I’m only still walking from adrenaline right now. I’m dead once that runs out,” Cassandra replied, before looking to the boy in the suit of powered armor. Wesley. “Get her out of here. And as many others as you can. Get across the bridges before they destroy them. And Wes, you should be able to call for evac before you cross over to the mainland.”

That was the thing about attacking an island base. There were only three ways in, and now that the Vigilante League was winning this battle by a lopsided margin, after the students had been deployed to take the flanks while the Society’s main force took the middle, they could simply destroy the bridges and trap them there. Where they could deal a death blow to their greatest enemy, weakening them enough for an attack of their own in a few days time. “We can’t leave you, Cass-”

“I’m not giving you the option. I’m one of the few who can get to the core and destroy it completely-”

“Yeah, and you’re going to die in the process.”

“It will be quick. I’ll just… I’ll just breathe in some of the smoke, once the place is burning. It’s better than bleeding out. Now go. There’s a battle going on, there’s not a ton of time to talk-”

The wall behind Cassandra exploded, as if to prove her point. In a battle between superhumans, standing around was the quickest way to get killed. “I…” Wesley started, before realizing that there was truly no changing her mind, and that there was truly no other way out. If they all fled, it would be a total defeat. If some stayed behind and Cassandra sacrificed herself, they might gain a slight victory. If they all left but they were defeated, however, the latest project from the Vigilante League would likely wipe them out later. The students didn’t know the details, other than the fact that Project Purificent would supposedly change the game completely for the war between superhumans.

“I won’t forget you, Cass. I’m sorry it had to end this way,” Wesley said, before using his armored strength to pick up Candace. He knew she wasn’t going to leave any other way, and even though she was kicking and screaming, she knew the same thing that he did. She’d saved so many others that day with her abilities, but it was somewhat ironic that she couldn’t help the one person that was the closest to her.

While the island base was still a battleground, the students had received the order to back off and return to the mainland the way that they had came. Especially because they now had to worry about the German authorities, whose presence across the way was only getting stronger with every minute that they waited. The entire mission was botched, and Wesley found himself forced into a role that he hated. Leader. “Keep moving, everyone, don’t worry about the explosions that you hear. It’s too far away to affect us,” he was saying, waving others forward down the bridge and taking up the rear. And he was still keeping a close eye on Candace, making sure that she didn’t dart off.

“Apollo, call for evac,” he said to the AI inside of his helmet, though with the German forces gathering around the mainland road, he wasn’t sure that there could be any evacuation. Boats were the backup plan if air travel was imposible, and it looked like it was. This wasn’t supposed to happen. They were supposed to take the island, copy and then destroy the enemy’s data, and then get evacuated before the authorities showed up. Now that the plan was botched, Mission Control would likely be scrambling for another solution. “Make sure to say that we have about… I think there’s sixteen, including me and Candace.”

“I will inform them,” said Apollo, and the group continued down the bridge. Or they did, until the bridge itself was rocked by an explosion this time, that knocked Wesley off of his feet. Suddenly, it looked like a long way down. Wesley’s first instinct was to grab Candace to keep her from falling over the edge, but as he went to do that, another explosion rocked the bridge. They were on their way down, and the only thing that Wesley could do was hope that his armor would protect him from the fall. It wasn’t a lethal height, but there was always the chance of hitting the water and then getting crushed by debris, or pinned under the sea by them…

“Making impact with the water in three… Two… One…” Apollo warned, and the boy and his armor crashed through the sea, their descent slowing as they cut through the water like a stone. It was oddly peaceful. Under the water, the sounds of conflict and death were just a little bit further away, and under the water, it seemed like life was moving slower. “Return to the surface for oxygen soon.”

Wesley took the warning and kicked his way to the surface, knowing that the suit wasn’t designed for diving and breathing underwater. Not yet, anyway. Candace was still alive, next to him, and he saw that some of the others had made it to the surface. There were also others who were still underwater, but Wesley didn’t think he could do anything to help them. That was when he heard the approaching sound of helicopters, and realized that their evac was here after all. A bit late, but better late than never. And if evac was here, that meant he’d survived.

But when he looked off into the distance, he also saw something that everyone else saw. A large explosion, that shot debris into the sky, outwards from the center of the island. There was only a single person who could create something like that, and Wesley knew who it was immediately. Cassandra. She’d made her sacrifice, and done what she had promised, destroying the spot at the center of the island where the terabytes of data and research were stored. The research that could have eliminated the Society for good. But Wesley still felt bad, because of one thing. He’d survived, while one of the few people that he was close to didn’t.

He’d survived the bloodiest day in Society history, even if he sometimes wished that he hadn’t.

Wesley awoke in his dorm/workshop, which he didn’t share with anyone else, and realized that he’d fallen asleep the night before while working on improvements for his armor. Specifically, a way to mount some kind of ranged weapon to the gauntlet. He’d fallen asleep with a tiny screwdriver in hand, and he set that and the gauntlet down and went through a quick morning routine. Shower. Quick breakfast of junk food. Change into something that didn’t have oil stains on it. And then he realized the day.

This was the day when the new class was showing up. They’d been locked in the auditorium until today, with some of them staying for a full day as the rest of the class was brought in. Now, however, the second class was finally going to see the campus for the first time. Shit. Wesley didn’t know if he was ready to see new faces on the campus, after how long it had taken to get used to being around the first class. And now, so many of them were dead. Would he even bother befriending any of the new people?

He tossed his armor, which was in its smaller storable mode, into his backpack and threw it over her shoulder, and stepped out into the hallway. That was when he bumped into someone familiar. Candace. He hadn’t really talked to her much since the thing that they referred to now as the Disaster of Sixteen. And he felt bad for that, because he knew that she looked at him as if he was the one who had killed her sister, because he’d let her go off without stopping her. “Candace.”

“Wesley,” she said coldly, before walking off in the opposite direction.

“You don’t want to see what’s happening with the new students?”

“No. Not at all.”

She stormed off, and Wesley sighed and continued towards the outdoors, exiting the dorms and moving towards the part of campus where the auditorium was. That was where the new students were going to be coming from, and he figured he might as well check them out at least and make sure that none of them tried to claim the other half of his room as their own. After all, he needed the extra space for his projects, since he didn’t like the shared labs where other students constructed certain creations like his. He liked his isolation, and if he needed someone to talk to, he had Apollo.

Besides, he’d definitely need more space for the project he was working on in the coming weeks… The one that everyone claimed was impossible.
Last edited by Forest State on Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
don't tread on me

Charlia
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:02 am

"Finally," she groaned, tilting her head back and enjoying the feeling of fresh air blowing across her skin. "I didn't get out of the psych ward just to get locked in a room again, thanks." She took a large bite out of the apple she carried, and felt her mood brighten further at the crunching feeling. That's right--I can eat however much I want here, and no one's going to stop me. If they try, well, too bad, now that I'm off the streets I'm eating what I want, when I want it.

She heard a faint ringing sound, followed by a somewhat high-pitched voice. "Um, excuse me?" She turned, and realized there was a girl in a wheelchair right behind her. "I couldn't help but notice that you ran outside really quickly. Is everything all right?"

"Yeah, I'm fine," the first responded roughly, taking another bite out of her apple. "Just hate being cooped up inside, 's all."

"Oh, I understand," the wheelchair-bound girl replied quickly. "It's nice being outside, isn't it? Oh no," she continued, slender hands covering her mouth nervously. "I forgot, I'm so sorry. My name is Kazami Hina. It's nice to meet you!"

"Mm. Katelyn, that's my name. I guess it's cool meeting you, uh... Kazami?" Her brow furrowed slightly as she pronounced the name. Weird.

"Oh, no, my first name is Hina," the other girl explained quickly. "I'm sorry. In Japan, we use our family name first, I forgot that it was different here. I'm sorry for confusing you, Katelyn-san. Um, that's an honorific," she added, seeing the confusion on Katelyn's face. "It's something we add to names to show respect."

"Oh. So, wait, you don't expect me to keep track of all this, right? Seems kind of complicated."

"No, it's all right. You can just call me Hina, no honorifics required! But addressing someone without an honorific either means you're very familiar with them, or you're very disrespectful, so now that I've given you permission it means we have to be good friends, okay?" She grinned, to which Katelyn just looked bewildered.

"You move quick," she said flatly. "Sure, I guess we can be friends, so long as you don't tick me off."

Hina just smiled brightly. "I'll do my best!"
"...So this is the Academy," she said softly. "How... interesting. I can't say I'm particularly impressed, so far, but as long as it's less dangerous than home..."

If my parents hadn't hidden my body, I most likely would be dead... or, at least, more than I am now.

"You'll room with me, of course," she added, turning to the red-haired girl behind her.

"Of course," the girl replied, bowing quickly. "I won't abandon my duties."

"Good." The green-haired girl smiled thinly, and looked around. "I wonder if there are any others like me," she whispered, half to herself. "Not even you can understand what it's like, Lucia. No one can, unless they've lived it... as much as it can be called 'living'. Not that it matters now... We should have a look around, learn where everything is. Let's go, Lucia. It wouldn't do to be unfamiliar with our new home."

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 02, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Khasinkonia » Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:21 pm

Kazimiera Wojciecha Jadwiga Zdunowska

Kazimiera Wojciecha lugged a stuffed suitcase behind her as she left the auditorium. The school handled most of her belongings, but the two things she wouldn’t let the school touch were her assortment of religious paraphernalia and kitchen knives, gingerly sheathed to prevent them from harming her precious relics.

She turned and walked sideways once her feet began to bump up against the heavy bag when she attempted to walk faster, so as not so damage her most prized belongings.

“W imię Ojca i Syna, i Ducha Świętego,” she muttered as she paused for a moment, preforming the sign of the cross. She sighed and redoubled her efforts to keep out of the centre of the crowd. Kazimiera Wojciecha focused intently on her bag, making sure neither she nor anything else could harm what in her eyes were most valuable things she owned. And, of course, her cooking knives. With her attention focused on but a single object, she didn’t notice the girls in front of her. She walked straight into the wheelchair and nearly dropped her suitcase.

“Ała!” she exclaimed quietly as she awkwardly regained a grip on the suitcase, the metal handle being less than painless to grab in the air.

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:34 pm

Khasinkonia wrote:

Kazimiera Wojciecha lugged a stuffed suitcase behind her as she left the auditorium. The school handled most of her belongings, but the two things she wouldn’t let the school touch were her assortment of religious paraphernalia and kitchen knives, gingerly sheathed to prevent them from harming her precious relics.

She turned and walked sideways once her feet began to bump up against the heavy bag when she attempted to walk faster, so as not so damage her most prized belongings.

“W imię Ojca i Syna, i Ducha Świętego,” she muttered as she paused for a moment, preforming the sign of the cross. She sighed and redoubled her efforts to keep out of the centre of the crowd. Kazimiera Wojciecha focused intently on her bag, making sure neither she nor anything else could harm what in her eyes were most valuable things she owned. And, of course, her cooking knives. With her attention focused on but a single object, she didn’t notice the girls in front of her. She walked straight into the wheelchair and nearly dropped her suitcase.

“Ała!” she exclaimed quietly as she awkwardly regained a grip on the suitcase, the metal handle being less than painless to grab in the air.
Hina jolted forwards, panicking momentarily as the wheelchair moved forwards seemingly on its own. It came to a stop only an inch or so in front of its earlier position, though, and she breathed a sigh of relief, slumping back. If this was a hill, that would have been really bad, she thought, tipping her head back. She'd never fallen out of the chair before, but she only needed to once for it to end in disaster.

"Are you okay?" she asked Katelyn, who just nodded, and turned to the girl who'd caused the problem.

"Hey, watch where you're going," she snapped, to which Hina craned her neck carefully in order to look behind her.

"Don't be like that, Katelyn," she admonished, and managed to smile at the other girl. "Are you all right? Ah... would you mind coming around in front of me? It's awfully hard to turn this around on my own, and looking behind me for so long gets a little painful..."

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Postby Khasinkonia » Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:05 pm

Charlia wrote:
Khasinkonia wrote:

Hina jolted forwards, panicking momentarily as the wheelchair moved forwards seemingly on its own. It came to a stop only an inch or so in front of its earlier position, though, and she breathed a sigh of relief, slumping back. If this was a hill, that would have been really bad, she thought, tipping her head back. She'd never fallen out of the chair before, but she only needed to once for it to end in disaster.

"Are you okay?" she asked Katelyn, who just nodded, and turned to the girl who'd caused the problem.

"Hey, watch where you're going," she snapped, to which Hina craned her neck carefully in order to look behind her.

"Don't be like that, Katelyn," she admonished, and managed to smile at the other girl. "Are you all right? Ah... would you mind coming around in front of me? It's awfully hard to turn this around on my own, and looking behind me for so long gets a little painful..."

“Hmmm, przepraszam,” Kazimiera Wojciecha said, ignoring what Katelyn had said on account of not understanding it clearly, then realising she’d been spoken to in English.

She backed up with her suitcase slightly before responding as she mentally translated what they’d said.

“Uh, sure. I can,” she said, her heavy polish accent clear with only a few words, as she spoke English only when absolutely necessary, “I will go in front of you two. Very sorry for hitting the chair.”

She quickly lugged her suitcase and stood before the two, doing a quick scan of the pair. Mentally, she scoffed at unnatural red hair of the two, but, aside from the fact that the oriental was seemingly crippled, she couldn’t find what she considered plainly evident flaws with either of the girls.

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:12 pm

Khasinkonia wrote:
Charlia wrote:Hina jolted forwards, panicking momentarily as the wheelchair moved forwards seemingly on its own. It came to a stop only an inch or so in front of its earlier position, though, and she breathed a sigh of relief, slumping back. If this was a hill, that would have been really bad, she thought, tipping her head back. She'd never fallen out of the chair before, but she only needed to once for it to end in disaster.

“Hmmm, przepraszam,” Kazimiera Wojciecha said, ignoring what Katelyn had said on account of not understanding it clearly, then realising she’d been spoken to in English.

She backed up with her suitcase slightly before responding as she mentally translated what they’d said.

“Uh, sure. I can,” she said, her heavy polish accent clear with only a few words, as she spoke English only when absolutely necessary, “I will go in front of you two. Very sorry for hitting the chair.”

She quickly lugged her suitcase and stood before the two, doing a quick scan of the pair. Mentally, she scoffed at unnatural red hair of the two, but, aside from the fact that the oriental was seemingly crippled, she couldn’t find what she considered plainly evident flaws with either of the girls.
"It's all right," Hina replied with a soft smile. "My name is"--just your first name, or people will get confused again--"Hina, and this is Katelyn. It's nice to meet you!" Her smile brightened, and she tilted her head slightly. "If you don't mind me asking, why are you carrying that suitcase? Did the school not take care of it for you?" Maybe it was just a special consideration for me, after all... Still... "I thought they were going to handle everyone's baggage. Unless they just did it for me... I mean, as you can probably tell, I'm not really in a condition to be pulling around heavy bags..." She giggled. Maybe they just felt sorry for me, like everyone else...

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Postby Khasinkonia » Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:31 pm

Charlia wrote:
Khasinkonia wrote:

"It's all right," Hina replied with a soft smile. "My name is"--just your first name, or people will get confused again--"Hina, and this is Katelyn. It's nice to meet you!" Her smile brightened, and she tilted her head slightly. "If you don't mind me asking, why are you carrying that suitcase? Did the school not take care of it for you?" Maybe it was just a special consideration for me, after all... Still... "I thought they were going to handle everyone's baggage. Unless they just did it for me... I mean, as you can probably tell, I'm not really in a condition to be pulling around heavy bags..." She giggled. Maybe they just felt sorry for me, like everyone else...

“The bag has my favourite things in it,” Kazimiera Wojciecha responded, “It has things I wouldn’t let just any poganin touch. By the way, I’m Kazimiera Wojciecha Jadwiga Zdunowska. Most people who aren’t Slavs have difficulty pronouncing that, so you can call me Kazimiera Wojciecha if you want. It’s pronounced Kah-zee-me-era Vo-ee-che-ha.”

She pulled the suitcase up so it stood straight on its two legs and wheels, as she saw the conversation might continue for longer than she cared to hold a suitcase.

“And I am also happy to meet you.”

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:45 pm

Khasinkonia wrote:
Charlia wrote:"It's all right," Hina replied with a soft smile. "My name is"--just your first name, or people will get confused again--"Hina, and this is Katelyn. It's nice to meet you!" Her smile brightened, and she tilted her head slightly. "If you don't mind me asking, why are you carrying that suitcase? Did the school not take care of it for you?" Maybe it was just a special consideration for me, after all... Still... "I thought they were going to handle everyone's baggage. Unless they just did it for me... I mean, as you can probably tell, I'm not really in a condition to be pulling around heavy bags..." She giggled. Maybe they just felt sorry for me, like everyone else...

“The bag has my favourite things in it,” Kazimiera Wojciecha responded, “It has things I wouldn’t let just any poganin touch. By the way, I’m Kazimiera Wojciecha Jadwiga Zdunowska. Most people who aren’t Slavs have difficulty pronouncing that, so you can call me Kazimiera Wojciecha if you want. It’s pronounced Kah-zee-me-era Vo-ee-che-ha.”

She pulled the suitcase up so it stood straight on its two legs and wheels, as she saw the conversation might continue for longer than she cared to hold a suitcase.

Hina's eyes widened as she heard the name. "Kazimiera Wojciecha," she repeated carefully. "I'm glad it doesn't have an L in it. I'm still working on that, but you can probably tell..." Indeed, her command of the letter L was somewhat limited. "So it's important to you... I understand. That makes a lot of sense, actually." What on earth is 'poganin' supposed to mean?

"...I'm just calling you Kaz," Katelyn said flatly. "Or maybe Kazi. Whichever you prefer, but you got saddled with a long name, that's for sure. Can't blame you for wanting to keep your stuff to yourself. If I had a bunch of stuff to bring, I sure wouldn't let this place handle it. I'll take care of my own things, thanks... Don't want anyone stealing my stuff." She fully understood the irony of that sentence, but didn't particularly care. "Good for you for having common sense," she added, holding up her apple almost as if toasting the girl. "Seems like a lot of people don't."

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Postby Khasinkonia » Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:13 pm

Charlia wrote:
Khasinkonia wrote:

Hina's eyes widened as she heard the name. "Kazimiera Wojciecha," she repeated carefully. "I'm glad it doesn't have an L in it. I'm still working on that, but you can probably tell..." Indeed, her command of the letter L was somewhat limited. "So it's important to you... I understand. That makes a lot of sense, actually." What on earth is 'poganin' supposed to mean?

"...I'm just calling you Kaz," Katelyn said flatly. "Or maybe Kazi. Whichever you prefer, but you got saddled with a long name, that's for sure. Can't blame you for wanting to keep your stuff to yourself. If I had a bunch of stuff to bring, I sure wouldn't let this place handle it. I'll take care of my own things, thanks... Don't want anyone stealing my stuff." She fully understood the irony of that sentence, but didn't particularly care. "Good for you for having common sense," she added, holding up her apple almost as if toasting the girl. "Seems like a lot of people don't."

“I’d rather them take it if I could be sure they weren’t poganiny and/or niewierzący,” Kazimiera Wojciecha responded, “And I do like my whole name. Really, my given name is Kazimiera Wojciecha Jadwiga, which I prefer, but it doesn’t seem like most people here could regularly pronounce it. Kazimiera is the female form of Kazimierz, the name of Kazimierz III Wielki, who you call in English Casimir III the Great of Poland. Wojciecha, the female form of Wojciech, is made from Woj and ciech, meaning together “she who likes war”. Jadwiga is my catholic name, from Święta Jadwiga Andegaweńska, or as I think she’s called in English, Saint Hedwig, Queen of Poland. So I really love my long name. It makes me feel like I’m still part of my family’s noble history.”

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:02 pm

Khasinkonia wrote:
Charlia wrote:Hina's eyes widened as she heard the name. "Kazimiera Wojciecha," she repeated carefully. "I'm glad it doesn't have an L in it. I'm still working on that, but you can probably tell..." Indeed, her command of the letter L was somewhat limited. "So it's important to you... I understand. That makes a lot of sense, actually." What on earth is 'poganin' supposed to mean?

“I’d rather them take it if I could be sure they weren’t poganiny and/or niewierzący,” Kazimiera Wojciecha responded, “And I do like my whole name. Really, my given name is Kazimiera Wojciecha Jadwiga, which I prefer, but it doesn’t seem like most people here could regularly pronounce it. Kazimiera is the female form of Kazimierz, the name of Kazimierz III Wielki, who you call in English Casimir III the Great of Poland. Wojciecha, the female form of Wojciech, is made from Woj and ciech, meaning together “she who likes war”. Jadwiga is my catholic name, from Święta Jadwiga Andegaweńska, or as I think she’s called in English, Saint Hedwig, Queen of Poland. So I really love my long name. It makes me feel like I’m still part of my family’s noble history.”
"If you could be sure they weren't what or what now?" Katelyn replied, folding her arms. "Sorry, I don't speak Polish. Or anything other than English, unless you count the few phrases people toss around in casual conversation. Even then, probably don't know half of 'em..."

Then her eyes narrowed.

"Your Catholic name, huh? I see how it is. Well, good for you, feeling proud of your family's history or whatever. I sure hope you thank that god of yours every day for the fact that you have a family you can actually admire, probably enough to eat, nice place to live, right? Otherwise you're just taking it for granted, and I can't stand people who don't appreciate the good stuff they've got."

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Postby Khasinkonia » Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:27 pm

Charlia wrote:
Khasinkonia wrote:

"If you could be sure they weren't what or what now?" Katelyn replied, folding her arms. "Sorry, I don't speak Polish. Or anything other than English, unless you count the few phrases people toss around in casual conversation. Even then, probably don't know half of 'em..."

Then her eyes narrowed.

"Your Catholic name, huh? I see how it is. Well, good for you, feeling proud of your family's history or whatever. I sure hope you thank that god of yours every day for the fact that you have a family you can actually admire, probably enough to eat, nice place to live, right? Otherwise you're just taking it for granted, and I can't stand people who don't appreciate the good stuff they've got."

Kazimiera Wojciecha slapped herself on the forehead when Katelyn asked what exactly she’d said.

“Very sorry,” she responded to the first bit, trying to think of what English words were the exact translations, “I don’t speak English very often. Poganin means, uh, heathen, I think, and niewierząc—I’m pretty sure it translates to non-believer. I most certainly thank the one true God. W imię Ojca i Syna, i Ducha Świętego,” she continued, performing the sign of the cross, “I am thankful every day for the divine gifts I have received, from my pyrokinesis to the food I eat. And I am proud of my family and my country’s long honourable history untainted by the impure for almost a millennium.”

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:35 pm

Khasinkonia wrote:
Charlia wrote:"If you could be sure they weren't what or what now?" Katelyn replied, folding her arms. "Sorry, I don't speak Polish. Or anything other than English, unless you count the few phrases people toss around in casual conversation. Even then, probably don't know half of 'em..."

Then her eyes narrowed.

Kazimiera Wojciecha slapped herself on the forehead when Katelyn asked what exactly she’d said.

“Very sorry,” she responded to the first bit, trying to think of what English words were the exact translations, “I don’t speak English very often. Poganin means, uh, heathen, I think, and niewierząc—I’m pretty sure it translates to non-believer. I most certainly thank the one true God. W imię Ojca i Syna, i Ducha Świętego,” she continued, performing the sign of the cross, “I am thankful every day for the divine gifts I have received, from my pyrokinesis to the food I eat. And I am proud of my family and my country’s long honourable history untainted by the impure for almost a millennium.”
"...Heathen and non-believer, huh?" She looked pointedly away as Kazi--as she had decided to call the other girl--made the sign of the cross, something she'd seen far, far too many times.

"The heck?!" she finally burst out, when the Polish girl mentioned pyrokinesis. "Oh, that's just peachy. You control fire, and it's a divine gift. I control fire, and suddenly I'm a witch?! What's so great about you? Just 'cause you were born to a nice family in a nice house with plenty of food and I wasn't--is that supposed to make you better than me?"

Hina looked between the two girls nervously as Katelyn just... went off. "Katelyn-san, calm down," she begged. "She didn't say she was better than you or that you were a witch. What are you talking about?"

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Postby Khasinkonia » Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:52 pm

Charlia wrote:
Khasinkonia wrote:

"...Heathen and non-believer, huh?" She looked pointedly away as Kazi--as she had decided to call the other girl--made the sign of the cross, something she'd seen far, far too many times.

"The heck?!" she finally burst out, when the Polish girl mentioned pyrokinesis. "Oh, that's just peachy. You control fire, and it's a divine gift. I control fire, and suddenly I'm a witch?! What's so great about you? Just 'cause you were born to a nice family in a nice house with plenty of food and I wasn't--is that supposed to make you better than me?"

Hina looked between the two girls nervously as Katelyn just... went off. "Katelyn-san, calm down," she begged. "She didn't say she was better than you or that you were a witch. What are you talking about?"

Kazimiera Wojciecha seemed entirely unshaken by Katelyn’s outburst. If she hadn’t thought herself superior in one way or another to the girl before, now she certainly was lesser in the field of holding her tongue.

“I have pyrokinesis; I’m no soothsayer,” she responded, even with her thick polish accent clearly displaying an inflection conveying something between ridiculing a stupid comment and legitimate confusion as to what she’d said to upset Katelyn, “First, I certainly didn’t know you were a homeless. I’m from Poland, fairly close to Kaliningrad. Surely you don’t believe someone from a country ravaged by filthy red Russians only a few decades ago has a wealthy family? And secondly, powers are divine gifts. Whether you choose to use them for the lord’s work or for the fallen angel is up to you alone. Your friend, Hina, was it, is right. I mock you not. I don’t know you well enough to say whether you’re a more or less righteous person than I.”

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:11 pm

WESLEY ROBSON, CANDACE BELLEROSE, VIVIAN BAKER

Wesley continued his walk through the school, before deciding to turn around and look for Candace. He'd feel bad if he didn't at least try to help her out socially. Which was funny. Because he wasn't the most social guy himself. He spent most of his time by himself when he wasn't attending class, but at least it was because he'd made the choice. He felt bad for Candace because he could tell that deep down, she didn't want things to be this way. She was just reacting to a lot of trauma in the only way that she knew how. "Apollo, how should I approach Candace?" he asked his wristband.

"It's hard to make judgements on things like that. Humans are complicated beings," the wirstband replied, and Wes sighed. Apollo was right in this case. "If I gave you advice, the odds of it having the opposite effect of the intended one are high. Use your judgement."

"Very helpful," Wes said sarcastically, before turning back and looking to see where Candace had gone. She was behind the largest dorm building, where they both stayed, and she was by herself with a vapor cigarette. She didn't hear him coming, because she had earbuds on when he made his approach. "Hey! Candace!" he shouted out, and she pulled one of the earbuds out and blew some vapor from her mouth before looking towards him. "I think you should come with me to the auditorium. You can maybe talk to some of the new students and make friends-"

"What makes you think I want more friends?" Candace asked, with surprising force in her voice.

"You need them. You've been falling apart since everything changed-"

"Since you let my sister die."

"Since everything changed, and you're getting worse and worse every week. This is a chance to start fresh and snap yourself out of it."

Candace considered his words, removing her earbuds completely and then stuffing her hands in her pockets, standing from the wall that she'd been leaning on. "You're one to tell me about making friends. You spend all your time in that workshop of yours, making upgrades for that stupid suit of armor. That armor wasn't enough to save Cass, or any of the others. I kind of hate you, Wesley. But I'll go with you because I have nothing else going on today, and because it will get you off of my back."

The two students arrived at the auditorium, or rather, the area around it. The students were finally making their way out, after being kept there until they were all assembled. Wesley still remembered when he'd arrived in similar fashion, and he remembered the feeling of anxiety but hope that had come from the wait. The feeling of knowing that a new life was waiting outside of the auditorium, one that was more exciting than life in Essex. He also remembered the day that he'd met Cassandra, inside of that auditorium, when he'd approached the blonde and stumbled through a quick introduction, his awkwardness making her laugh... "Fuck. This place has more memories for me than I thought."

Candace stayed silent, and he pointed out a group of girls who were having a somewhat animated conversation about something, maybe their origins. "You should introduce yourself," Wesley suggested, but Candace shook her head.

"I don't want to."

"You want to wait for them to talk to you?"

"I don't really want to talk to anybody."

Wesley grabbed Candace by the wrist, and pulled her over to the girls. And then he backed off before she could complain, or before the others could ask what was happening. "Say something," he mouthed, when Candace looked to him for an explanation, before looking back to the girls.

"What are you talking about?" she eventually said, folding her arms and casting a inquisitive look over them. Meanwhile, her eyes drifted over to her former friend, Vivian, who was also showing up at the auditorium. She silently clenched her fists and clenched her jaw.

Vivian was basically the complete opposite of her, warm and ready to talk to anybody who wanted to. It was like her presence lifted that of the room, and Candace could see that her aura was radiant and... Well, it was almost bright, but there was something strange about it. Her aura had the look of one that wasn't genuine, and Candace squinted and did a double take. Maybe she wasn't seeing this right, because there were no other signs that Vivian's brightness wasn't real. "Hello everyone, and welcome to the school," she announced. "My name is Vivian, and I'm one of the student councilors here. I'm happy to answer any questions that you might have, and help you all with whatever you need. Just because we're criminals doesn't mean we don't take care of our own."
don't tread on me

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:36 pm

Khasinkonia wrote:

Kazimiera Wojciecha seemed entirely unshaken by Katelyn’s outburst. If she hadn’t thought herself superior in one way or another to the girl before, now she certainly was lesser in the field of holding her tongue.

“I have pyrokinesis; I’m no soothsayer,” she responded, even with her thick polish accent clearly displaying an inflection conveying something between ridiculing a stupid comment and legitimate confusion as to what she’d said to upset Katelyn, “First, I certainly didn’t know you were a homeless. I’m from Poland, fairly close to Kaliningrad. Surely you don’t believe someone from a country ravaged by filthy red Russians only a few decades ago has a wealthy family? And secondly, powers are divine gifts. Whether you choose to use them for the lord’s work or for the fallen angel is up to you alone. Your friend, Hina, was it, is right. I mock you not. I don’t know you well enough to say whether you’re a more or less righteous person than I.”
"Yeah, well, you should tell your fellow Catholics that," Katelyn replied angrily, "since you seem to disagree on that account. Or don't, I'd rather not see them again. I've been through more exorcisms than you have Bibles because some stupid priests got it into their heads that I was either a witch or possessed or both, so you'll forgive me, I'm sure, if I'm a little pissed off at God or the Pope or whoever the heck decided that a kid who can control fire is grounds for bringing back the Salem Witch Trials--"

"Katelyn-san, calm down!" Hina cried, cutting off the redhead's anger.

"...Fine," Katelyn muttered. "Just don't expect me to start praising the Lord any time soon. Not until I get a really good reason for... well, pretty much my entire life, and the world, I guess. He's got a lot to answer for."
Forest State wrote:The two students arrived at the auditorium, or rather, the area around it. The students were finally making their way out, after being kept there until they were all assembled. Wesley still remembered when he'd arrived in similar fashion, and he remembered the feeling of anxiety but hope that had come from the wait. The feeling of knowing that a new life was waiting outside of the auditorium, one that was more exciting than life in Essex. He also remembered the day that he'd met Cassandra, inside of that auditorium, when he'd approached the blonde and stumbled through a quick introduction, his awkwardness making her laugh... "Fuck. This place has more memories for me than I thought."

Candace stayed silent, and he pointed out a group of girls who were having a somewhat animated conversation about something, maybe their origins. "You should introduce yourself," Wesley suggested, but Candace shook her head.

"I don't want to."

"You want to wait for them to talk to you?"

"I don't really want to talk to anybody."

Wesley grabbed Candace by the wrist, and pulled her over to the girls. And then he backed off before she could complain, or before the others could ask what was happening. "Say something," he mouthed, when Candace looked to him for an explanation, before looking back to the girls.

"What are you talking about?" she eventually said, folding her arms and casting a inquisitive look over them. Meanwhile, her eyes drifted over to her former friend, Vivian, who was also showing up at the auditorium. She silently clenched her fists and clenched her jaw.
"Catholicism, actually," Katelyn said wryly, turning to look at the new girl. "She's into it. I'm a priest-declared witch--or just possessed, they never did seem to make up their minds about it--of the firm belief that if there is a god, they're probably kind of sadistic, and that the only person you can trust to look out for you is yourself, not a magic sky fairy. So yeah, I guess I do fit the description of 'heathen non-believer'. If I was ever inclined to fall on my knees and beg forgiveness for my sins, I'm pretty sure that stopped after exorcism number three, or maybe four, I lose track of which one's which. Anyway, I guess this is the introduction point. I'm Katelyn, that's Hina, and the Catholic chick--has a really long name. Now please, weigh in on our fascinating theological debate before I get burned at the stake for heresy and the whole thing is moot, mkay?"

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:10 pm

CANDACE BELLEROSE

What did Candace get herself into? Now she was wishing that she'd just made a normal introduction instead of asking about what they were talking about, but it was too late for that. At least it was a mildly interesting conversation, not one about the stuff that she would call vapid shit. But still, she didn't have a side in this fight, and both students seemed worked up over it. "Well, I've never been a part of any religion. So like, I don't know Catholicism and stuff other than the fact that the Irish and Spaniards like it and that they have the Pope and fancy crosses and shit," she started, looking between both girls and trying to remain as noncommittal as possible. "But I'm pretty sure Catholics don't burn people at the stake. Not anymore, at least. Maybe you should just both agree to disagree," she suggested, rolling her eyes somewhat at her own statement. "I'm Candace, by the way. The school medic."
don't tread on me

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:35 pm

Tohopka
Academy of Villains
The Hunter of Hunters Arrives

"Pathetic." Tohopka said to himself as he left the auditorium, and headed to claim a room. He held a couple shish kabobs, with a certain type of meat, in between the fingers of his left hand. Every so often taking a bite. So far, this is not what I expected... Then again, what was I expecting from a place full of simple human children...

Auryon Caine
Academy of Villains
Haemophiliac Haemokinetic

Auryon sighed as she walked out of the auditorium. This was the Academy of Villains, a place for evil to grow. The only thing, Auryon never saw herself as a villain, she only did what she needed to survive. So why was she here? It was simple. Survival. It was either come here, or continue to fight for survival on the streets of London. While she could have continued her life on the street, survival would be easier at this Academy. At least that is what she determined with what information she had. Now, she just had to wait to see if this was the right decision.

"I guess I need to claim a dorm room." She whispered to herself, keeping her eye on those around her, and running a hand across her bandages as she made her way in the direction of the dorms.
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Kuhlfros wrote:Fall Lot Himdah=Alakazam (May or May not have to do with Merlin)

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Spindle wrote:Aaaaaand, the font of all sass.

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Postby Khasinkonia » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:40 pm

Forest State wrote:CANDACE BELLEROSE

What did Candace get herself into? Now she was wishing that she'd just made a normal introduction instead of asking about what they were talking about, but it was too late for that. At least it was a mildly interesting conversation, not one about the stuff that she would call vapid shit. But still, she didn't have a side in this fight, and both students seemed worked up over it. "Well, I've never been a part of any religion. So like, I don't know Catholicism and stuff other than the fact that the Irish and Spaniards like it and that they have the Pope and fancy crosses and shit," she started, looking between both girls and trying to remain as noncommittal as possible. "But I'm pretty sure Catholics don't burn people at the stake. Not anymore, at least. Maybe you should just both agree to disagree," she suggested, rolling her eyes somewhat at her own statement. "I'm Candace, by the way. The school medic."

“Cześć, Candace,” Kazimiera Wojciecha said, attempting to obscure her disdain for the fact that Candace was non religious, as she had tried to at least defend her point, “I’m Kazimiera Wojciecha Jadwiga, though you can call me Kazimiera Wojciecha if you prefer. And yes, I am catholic. While most Catholics don’t burn people, I’m a bit more traditional. In my case, though I think Katelyn meant it as an insult, I have indeed set people on fire. I lit up a poganin earlier this year actually.”

Her expression conveyed pure seriousness, as she didn’t think it’d be of much issue to anyone there, being that the academy was chiefly for villains.

“And God is not a ‘sky fairy’ as you say,” she finished, glaring at Katelyn, at the same time pulling a pocket dictionary out from a pocket on the outside of her suitcase and flipping through it, “If exorcisms don’t work on you you’re either not possessed or the priest was incompetent. You’re at a villain academy though, so, according to my dictionary you’re either evil or poor or both. A villain is either evil or a peasant if my dictionary is right.”

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:51 pm

Khasinkonia wrote:
Forest State wrote:CANDACE BELLEROSE

“Cześć, Candace,” Kazimiera Wojciecha said, attempting to obscure her disdain for the fact that Candace was non religious, as she had tried to at least defend her point, “I’m Kazimiera Wojciecha Jadwiga, though you can call me Kazimiera Wojciecha if you prefer. And yes, I am catholic. While most Catholics don’t burn people, I’m a bit more traditional. In my case, though I think Katelyn meant it as an insult, I have indeed set people on fire. I lit up a poganin earlier this year actually.”

Her expression conveyed pure seriousness, as she didn’t think it’d be of much issue to anyone there, being that the academy was chiefly for villains.

“And God is not a ‘sky fairy’ as you say,” she finished, glaring at Katelyn, at the same time pulling a pocket dictionary out from a pocket on the outside of her suitcase and flipping through it, “If exorcisms don’t work on you you’re either not possessed or the priest was incompetent. You’re at a villain academy though, so, according to my dictionary you’re either evil or poor or both. A villain is either evil or a peasant if my dictionary is right.”
"The answer is 'poor'," Katelyn retorted angrily, "and thanks for rubbing it in. So you set people on fire, and the rest of you decide someone trying to help people with her power is a witch or possessed, that's fantastic--"

No, calm down. If you get too angry you'll just start burning things again, and then you'll probably get stuck in a mental hospital again...

"Um, m-maybe we should talk about something else?" Hina suggested worriedly. "This is just making all of you angry..."
Faal Lot Himdah wrote:Auryon Caine
Academy of Villains

Auryon sighed as she walked out of the auditorium. This was the Academy of Villains, a place for evil to grow. The only thing, Auryon never saw herself as a villain, she only did what she needed to survive. So why was she here? It was simple. Survival. It was either come here, or continue to fight for survival on the streets of London. While she could have continued her life on the street, survival would be easier at this Academy. At least that is what she determined with what information she had. Now, she just had to wait to see if this was the right decision.

"I guess I need to claim a dorm room." She whispered to herself, keeping her eye on those around her, and running a hand across her bandages as she made her way in the direction of the dorms.
In their exploration, they had located the dorms, and the green-haired one had cast a critical eye across them, only for her impending judgment to be interrupted by--

She smiled.

"What is it?" Lucia asked softly.

"Blood," she replied, in an equally quiet tone.

"B-but there's blood everywhere, this place is full of people," the redheaded servant said in confusion.

"That's true, Lucia, but... this isn't the same as the rest. Something's different about it, I can feel it in the air..." She shivered delightedly. "And on top of that, I do believe it's my favorite kind. Hello?" she called out, more loudly. "Is someone there? I can hear you..."

New Antonalia
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby New Antonalia » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:12 pm

(Former) Graf Johann Augustus Faust von Eidelburg am Brunswick

Johann sneered in disgust at the creatures that were assembled before him. "To think, I have been reduced to this." He thought to himself as he walked down the aisle of the auditorium, his hob-nailed boots echoing loudly throughout the auditorium with each step. Some of the students would no doubt consider his dress "foppish" or "vain", but he could barely care what the cattle thought, to him they existed only feed him. As he continued forward, he began to smell the scent of blood emanating from his lace cravat, though it was the same smell of one of the custodial staff who was unfortunate enough to catch Johann when he was hungry. A smile formed on his face as he licked his lips, still savoring the taste. "I doubt anyone will miss a laborer, besides, what is the purpose of a human if not to be consumed by me." He thought to himself as he approached a group of students sitting towards the front of the auditorium. Hiding his disdain, he sat directly behind them before introducing himself. "Guten Tag, Ich bin Johann Augustus Faust II, funfte Graf von Eidelburg am Brunswick. However, you can simply refer to me as your lordship, as is appropriate with you peasants."
Last edited by New Antonalia on Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A, probably less than successful, model of what a Post Soviet Eastern European nation can be

Pixel Designer: https://thearmsdealer.deviantart.com/

Yes, I use JG Scale. No, Franscale is not better.
1 pxl : 1 inch is better than 1 pxl : 1 cm

Kuela
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Kuela » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:33 pm

New Antonalia wrote:

Johann sneered in disgust at the creatures that were assembled before him. "To think, I have been reduced to this." He thought to himself as he walked down the aisle of the auditorium, his hob-nailed boots echoing loudly throughout the auditorium with each step. Some of the students would no doubt consider his dress "foppish" or "vain", but he could barely care what the cattle thought, to him they existed only feed him. As he continued forward, he began to smell the scent of blood emanating from his lace cravat, though it was the same smell of one of the custodial staff who was unfortunate enough to catch Johann when he was hungry. A smile formed on his face as he licked his lips, still savoring the taste. "I doubt anyone will miss a laborer, besides, what is the purpose of a human if not to be consumed by me." He thought to himself as he approached a group of students sitting towards the front of the auditorium. Hiding his disdain, he sat directly behind them before introducing himself. "Guten Tag, Ich bin Johann Augustus Faust II, funfte Graf von Eidelburg am Brunswick. However, you can simply refer to me as your lordship, as is appropriate with you peasants."

Toby Claire, the Psychic Extraordinaire!

Snagging a banana from one of the many fruit baskets near the door, Toby shimmied towards one of the seats in the front of the auditorium, hoping to test the waters before he went to claim his dorm room. He didn't want to be late for the assembly, after all, but it's always nice to have someone to talk to. Thirty minutes couldn't hurt.

Toby scoured the crowd for the most entertaining-looking person in the room.

And there he was. The most arrogant, snooty, dandified person in the room. He was sure to be interesting, and if he wasn't?

Toby would eat his shorts. Not that he has any shorts, anyways. He's an Alaskan! Wearing shorts is practically a death sentence when it's -40°.

Horrible Alaskan weather aside, it was too good to be true.

"Why hello there, your majesty," he commented dryly, adjusting his itchy blindfold. "I see you're making a lot of friends around here. Your bourgeois charms must be working wonders on our pliable peasant psyche. Would you like me to polish your boots for you?" Sarcasm was practically dripping from his voice. It was as if he was sneering, except more audibly.

New Antonalia
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby New Antonalia » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:03 pm

Kuela wrote:
New Antonalia wrote:

Toby Claire, the Psychic Extraordinaire!

Snagging a banana from one of the many fruit baskets near the door, Toby shimmied towards one of the seats in the front of the auditorium, hoping to test the waters before he went to claim his dorm room. He didn't want to be late for the assembly, after all, but it's always nice to have someone to talk to. Thirty minutes couldn't hurt.

And there he was. The most arrogant, snooty, dandified person in the room. He was sure to be interesting, and if he wasn't?

Toby would eat his shorts. Not that he has any shorts, anyways. He's an Alaskan! Wearing shorts is practically a death sentence when it's -40°.

"Why hello there, your majesty," he commented dryly, adjusting his itchy blindfold. "I see you're making a lot of friends around here. Your bourgeois charms must be working wonders on our pliable peasant psyche. Would you like me to polish your boots for you?" Sarcasm was practically dripping from his voice. It was as if he was sneering, except more audibly.

Johann chuckled at the sarcasm from the blind boy. "I would sooner sell my estate and live as a pauper, than let you touch anything of mine, unless you'd like to feel the blade of my sword against your throat. After all, I'm sure your blood would pair marvelously with a nice Zinfandel." He said, responding with a rather chipper tone, walking up to and patting the boy on the back before squeezing hard on his shoulder. Johann leaned in close, a pleasant smile on his face before he whispered into the boys ear. "Know your place, peasant. Were this mere decades ago, I would have shot you without batting an eye before cutting you open on a surgeons bench to see what makes you tick." His words were dishearteningly pleasant as he gave the blind boy a slight shove away from him. "Would anyone else like to speak out of turn?"
Last edited by New Antonalia on Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A, probably less than successful, model of what a Post Soviet Eastern European nation can be

Pixel Designer: https://thearmsdealer.deviantart.com/

Yes, I use JG Scale. No, Franscale is not better.
1 pxl : 1 inch is better than 1 pxl : 1 cm

Kuela
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Kuela » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:59 pm

New Antonalia wrote:
Kuela wrote:Toby Claire, the Psychic Extraordinaire!

Johann chuckled at the sarcasm from the blind boy. "I would sooner sell my estate and live as a pauper, than let you touch anything of mine, unless you'd like to feel the blade of my sword against your throat. After all, I'm sure your blood would pair marvelously with a nice Zinfandel." He said, responding with a rather chipper tone, walking up to and patting the boy on the back before squeezing hard on his shoulder. Johann leaned in close, a pleasant smile on his face before he whispered into the boys ear. "Know your place, peasant. Were this mere decades ago, I would have shot you without batting an eye before cutting you open on a surgeons bench to see what makes you tick." His words were dishearteningly pleasant as he gave the blind boy a slight shove away from him. "Would anyone else like to speak out of turn?"

Toby Claire, A Little Worse For Wear!

Little did Johann know that the blind boy was not blind at all. His 'blindfold' was made of a thin cotton gauze and existed solely to hide the fact that he was secretly a magic cyclops pretending to be blind. Had Toby known what Johann was thinking, he would probably scoff. But Toby doesn't know what perversity Johann occupies his mind with, and he'd rather not know at all, thank you very much.

He gritted his teeth, barely being able to keep his scratchy voice from wavering.

"Yes. Yes, you fishmongering twat, I would very much like to speak out of turn. In fact, that is exactly what I'm doing right now," he hissed. "And either way," he raised his voice, just loudly enough to be heard by the people in the row of seats behind him. "What kind of asshole would just push around a blind kid, anyways? I try to strike up friendly conversation and noooo, you just have to attack me for no reason at all." He ranted. Caught up in his glorious bout of semifaux bitterness, Toby telekinetically made the chairs quake with the force of...

...well, a person telekinetically shaking chairs.

Everybody in this building would probably just push around a blind kid, actually, seeing that this is a villain's academy. Even then, Toby is confident in his abilities to nag the living crap out of everybody in existence. 'Being persuasive,' he calls it.

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:20 am

Auryon Caine
Academy of Villains

"Hmm... Which room..." Auryon was just approaching a corner in the dorms when she heard someone. Someone was calling out randomly. Surely she wasn't speaking so loud to herself. Maybe the person was talking to someone else. But she couldn't hear anyone else, except for the other person the voice was speaking to. So, maybe the person had powerful hearing? Or she was talking loudly to herself. Either way, there was a certain risk with not going to see them, a risk she didn't want to take. That said, as she turned the corner, she kept her bag which had the blood bags at the ready just incase she need the blood.

When she turned the corner she also looked directly at who she figured had called her. She looked at the two of them, measuring them up as much as she could, and tried to determine if they were a threat. "What do you want?"
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Kuhlfros wrote:Fall Lot Himdah=Alakazam (May or May not have to do with Merlin)

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Spindle wrote:Aaaaaand, the font of all sass.

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:26 am

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:Auryon Caine
Academy of Villains

"Hmm... Which room..." Auryon was just approaching a corner in the dorms when she heard someone. Someone was calling out randomly. Surely she wasn't speaking so loud to herself. Maybe the person was talking to someone else. But she couldn't hear anyone else, except for the other person the voice was speaking to. So, maybe the person had powerful hearing? Or she was talking loudly to herself. Either way, there was a certain risk with not going to see them, a risk she didn't want to take. That said, as she turned the corner, she kept her bag which had the blood bags at the ready just incase she need the blood.

When she turned the corner she also looked directly at who she figured had called her. She looked at the two of them, measuring them up as much as she could, and tried to determine if they were a threat. "What do you want?"
Your blood, but telling you that will get me nowhere.

"Simply to know who you are," she replied calmly. "But I suppose it would be impolite to start without introducing myself. Buongiorno, signorina. My name is Mariana Nascosta, and this is my servant, Lucia Rossi. Might I inquire as to your identity?"

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse