NATION

PASSWORD

Fallout RP OOC

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Skyhooked
Senator

Founded: Mar 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Skyhooked » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:37 am

Isapito wrote:
Tribe of Rinos wrote:No automatic explosive weapons. And no weapon too op

I was mainly thinking of developing the laser musket in a few ways and maybe just adding in mortars which existed long before the fallout divergence from real history therefore almost certainly exist. I figure that the laser musket being mainly used by the minute men and is described as having a "makeshift capacitor" its probably a post war invention. The fact this could be possible is backed up by the fact there's the post war produced home made laser rifle in fallout:BOS. As a result I think its not unrealistic that someone one understand the technology enough to design a variety of weapons based on the technology. The two potential weapons I was thinking of was the hand cranked automatic laser and some kind of similar laser cannon, both heavier weapons that require multiple operators and have a reduced mobility. Now you could make the argument that given that as 6 crank mod requires a science of 3 no one could build a weapon like this but I think that the high science requirement mainly comes not from the amount of power stored but the fact you have to make it contain more power while remaining the same size and weight. You make a laser weapon the size of an 18 pounder and you'd only need a science of 1 or at most 2 which a settlement as large as mine is likely to be able to pull off.

You mean, science 1 or 2 as Fallout 1,2,3, New vegas skill, or as Fallout 4 perk level?
Last edited by Skyhooked on Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Skyhooked is MT/PMT with a few FT elements. Military is factbook only. NS stats are mostly non canon.
If you wanna know more about this haven of sin: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=418281&start=1

Our country offers: Alcohol, guns, cigars, weed, gambling, beaches and tons of souvenirs. And our current special: PL-74 Plasma rifle 25% discount!

Refreshing News:
Skyhooked is at war with Octavia, still holding agaisnt endless hordes of robots, vampires and traitors of humanity!/Global Defense Council was formed to help Earth hold agaisnt invasion./Luckily, we survived long enough and forces of Mandate of Humanity have arrived. (https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=484352)

Skyhooked
Senator

Founded: Mar 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Skyhooked » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:06 am

Also, I have an idea. What if we actually add those banned weapons in the RP, but as "Holy grail". I mean, they can be obtained by undergoing something insanely hard. For example: There is only one fat man, and it can be found on a military base full of working and hostile sentry bots. That should spice things up.
Skyhooked is MT/PMT with a few FT elements. Military is factbook only. NS stats are mostly non canon.
If you wanna know more about this haven of sin: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=418281&start=1

Our country offers: Alcohol, guns, cigars, weed, gambling, beaches and tons of souvenirs. And our current special: PL-74 Plasma rifle 25% discount!

Refreshing News:
Skyhooked is at war with Octavia, still holding agaisnt endless hordes of robots, vampires and traitors of humanity!/Global Defense Council was formed to help Earth hold agaisnt invasion./Luckily, we survived long enough and forces of Mandate of Humanity have arrived. (https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=484352)

Tribe of Rinos
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 20, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Tribe of Rinos » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:41 am

Skyhooked wrote:Also, I have an idea. What if we actually add those banned weapons in the RP, but as "Holy grail". I mean, they can be obtained by undergoing something insanely hard. For example: There is only one fat man, and it can be found on a military base full of working and hostile sentry bots. That should spice things up.

I think the X-01 would probably be surrounded by fallout 3 deathclaws
Ta Ta! Come again, or I'll pluck out your eyes!
-SHEOGORATH

Tysoania
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tysoania » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:43 am

Tribe of Rinos wrote:
Skyhooked wrote:Also, I have an idea. What if we actually add those banned weapons in the RP, but as "Holy grail". I mean, they can be obtained by undergoing something insanely hard. For example: There is only one fat man, and it can be found on a military base full of working and hostile sentry bots. That should spice things up.

I think the X-01 would probably be surrounded by fallout 3 deathclaws

I'd give that to the New Vegas deathclaws. Specifically, the Divide's deathclaw.
The Cold War in 6 words:
Monsone wrote:the USSR is up to something

Isapito
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 26, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Isapito » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:55 am

Skyhooked wrote:
Isapito wrote:I was mainly thinking of developing the laser musket in a few ways and maybe just adding in mortars which existed long before the fallout divergence from real history therefore almost certainly exist. I figure that the laser musket being mainly used by the minute men and is described as having a "makeshift capacitor" its probably a post war invention. The fact this could be possible is backed up by the fact there's the post war produced home made laser rifle in fallout:BOS. As a result I think its not unrealistic that someone one understand the technology enough to design a variety of weapons based on the technology. The two potential weapons I was thinking of was the hand cranked automatic laser and some kind of similar laser cannon, both heavier weapons that require multiple operators and have a reduced mobility. Now you could make the argument that given that as 6 crank mod requires a science of 3 no one could build a weapon like this but I think that the high science requirement mainly comes not from the amount of power stored but the fact you have to make it contain more power while remaining the same size and weight. You make a laser weapon the size of an 18 pounder and you'd only need a science of 1 or at most 2 which a settlement as large as mine is likely to be able to pull off.

You mean, science 1 or 2 as Fallout 1,2,3, New vegas skill, or as Fallout 4 perk level?

I was referring to fallout 4's science perk as it was in that game's context.

Tysoania
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Tysoania » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:33 pm

Unfortunately, I think this one is dead. A shame, but it happens.
The Cold War in 6 words:

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 28, 2014
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:09 pm

Tysoania wrote:Unfortunately, I think this one is dead. A shame, but it happens.

That's unfortunate. I might have been able to post soon.

Tribe of Rinos
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tribe of Rinos » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:25 am

I will post and keep it from dying. My rp will not die
-SHEOGORATH

Tysoania
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Tysoania » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:29 am

Tribe of Rinos wrote:I will post and keep it from dying. My rp will not die

Good luck with that.
The Cold War in 6 words:

Tribe of Rinos
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tribe of Rinos » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:35 am

Tysoania wrote:
Tribe of Rinos wrote:I will post and keep it from dying. My rp will not die

Good luck with that.

I’m basically giving a brain dead man CPR
-SHEOGORATH

Ulls
Minister

Founded: Jan 02, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Ulls » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:41 am

Tribe of Rinos wrote:
Tysoania wrote:Good luck with that.

I’m basically giving a brain dead man CPR

Can always start the pirate invasion. Get Valhalla to rise to the occasion maybe?

Tribe of Rinos
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tribe of Rinos » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:48 pm

Ulls wrote:
Tribe of Rinos wrote:I’m basically giving a brain dead man CPR

Can always start the pirate invasion. Get Valhalla to rise to the occasion maybe?

Yeah it’s dead. I’ll just make another rp about something else. Still checking in though, in case it picks up again
Last edited by Tribe of Rinos on Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-SHEOGORATH

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse